PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts after Bears Preseason Game

Pages : [1] 2

Kaylore
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Offense:

Manning looked pretty good. Still some rust and still some chemistry and timing issues. Too bad Stokely dropped that ball. But converting 3rd and 16 against the Bears defense on the road in the rain? Awesome.

The protection was outstanding. They weren't too exotic, but it was much better than when I was in camp. Man-Ram did a good job filling in for Kuper.

Caleb Hanie is the worst QB on the roster.

Brock Osweiller looked good per normal.

Adam Weber played better than he usually does in camp.

Xavier Omon - this kid looked good the last time I was in camp. I would love to see him stick over a guy like Moreno who has no power.

Jason Hill and Matt Willis did their parts to make the team.

Defense - As a whole the defense played outstanding. We bottled the run and the tackling was outstanding. I was honestly amazed at how good the tackling was with so few padded contact practices allowed.

Methwolfe was great. It was awesome to see him make some big plays and be disruptive. He needs to use his hands more, but he is powerful and explosive.

Jeremy Beal was a monster against the scrubs. That was another thing that I saw in camp.

Nate Irving - Irving played outstanding. It was great to see him show up and make some of the bigger plays.

Malik Jackson - He's my sleeper and he got a fumble recovery. Not much else, but I was happy to see him play that way.

Robert Ayers - After being slighted by the coaching staff, Ayers notched a sack and was disruptive.

Special teams - Pretty good. Prater missed that one kick, but made the rest and was booming the kickoffs. The punting unit had great coverage and did a good job pinning the Bears back. The Bears typically have outstanding special teams, so no small feat.

It was tough to find something to critique. However in the rain with some players kicking off a lot of rust, it was a great effort all around.

errand
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
The defender tipped the ball which deflected it off Stokely's shoulder pad....

Defense played at a high level for the entire game....and the blocking for Manning was pretty good....I'm thinking we'll see even more marked improvement in all facets of the game next week.

gunns
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Agreed. Hell I didn't know there was a 1st down after a 3rd and 17. I thought it automatically went to a 4th. And the defense. Oh damn, the defense. If it gets better, oh damn. I'm just giddy! :egbgb:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Nate. Irving.

Looked like a completely different guy out there.

Cue "he only looks good in games because he's a gamer and not in practice" apologists in 3, 2, and 1...

Old Dude
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Looks like they moved Irving to the outside. Whatever the reason, he looked much improved.

razorwire77
08-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Ayers seemed to be playing with a chip which is good.

Nate Irving was all over the place.

The D-line was consistently collapsing the pocket rushing only four.

At this point I'd roll with Brock and Weber.

I'm sorry, Moreno sucks. I was psyched when they drafted the kid, but he runs with no power, no vision and has no second gear. He basically has the durability and mentality of a scat back without the speed and quickness. The sooner they unload him for a conditional 5th rounder the better.

Methwolfe gets great leverage on his bull rush, but as Kaylore pointed out he needs to learn to use his hands better.

Manning is Manning, honestly it was a poor throw on the pick (tipped?) but Stokely got his hands on it and should have made a play. A bigger, stronger, younger receiver probably makes that catch in traffic.

Brock is legit. I was wrong. His footwork looks much improved from the ASU days, his arm is live and he showed a lot of poise for a youngster. Still hope he doesn't play for a couple of years, but there is some real potential there.

Turd_Ferguson
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Willis had a good return on the opening kickoff...I didn't know whether to cheer for him to take it to the house, or get tackled so I could see Peyton Manning quicker..

Kaylore
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Speaking of OLB, Old Dude, I forgot Danny Trevathan, who played much bigger than he really is. If he can show up some more on special teams, we could have a really good depth player.

Turd_Ferguson
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Brock is legit. I was wrong. His footwork looks much improved from the ASU days, his arm is live and he showed a lot of poise for a youngster. Still hope he doesn't play for a couple of years, but there is some real potential there.

I really liked the Osweiler pick. I don't want to get over excited after a preseason game, but that bullet TD pass gave me a bit of a chubby. I can't wait to see him in 2 years. He could easily be a bust in the end, but I see a lot of potential, if he can sit for a few seasons. Also loved seeing Manning coaching him up on the sidelines.

baja
08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
FYI - Game is on NFLN right now.

SoCalBronco
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
FYI - Game is on NFLN right now.

Yep...watching it right now on NFLN since I could not see it live.

colorado jones
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Nate. Irving.

Looked like a completely different guy out there.

When have we ever seen him?

Hamrob
08-09-2012, 10:30 PM
All the QB's played well...including Hanie.

Ingram really impressed me. He looks like a stud TE in the making. It will be interesting to see what they do with all those TE's...we have a stable of good ones.

Oman look good. Magahee looked really good.

Ball is ball....I wish we could do better. Johnson is o.k.

Moreno has talent....he averages 4-5 yards a touch...and plays with energy. For those reasons I'd keep him. (but has limited speed, poor vision, and reacts slowly)

Beal looked good...but, that was against the scrubs. Same with Ayers.

Wolfe looks to be the real deal.

Willis looked like a #5/#6 guy.

Hill needs a better look.

How many WR's do we keep? (Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Stokely, Willis, Hill) = 6
Do you try to sneak Dell and Robinson to the practice squad?

How about TE? (Driesen, Tammey, Green, Thomas, Ingram) =5....who gets cut?

Defense looked great...but, weren't tested.

Chicago didn't play Cutler, Forte, Urlacher or Peppers.

1st team Oline looked great!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
When have we ever seen him?

In camp, he was non-existent.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
1. Yep, Trevathan looked pretty good. He was washed out of the play a couple times, but made a few tackles, and had an outstanding sack, darting all alone into to the backfield. Good depth, and could develop into a bigger role.

2. Irving looked like a completely different player, than the timid, skinny nonexistent guy we saw last year. #56 is bigger and had a bunch of tackles.

3. Carter makes the team over Squid.

4. Wolfe is a player, nice coverage sack, and great bullrush sack...he's active and never gives up...just as billed.

7. Starting OL looked surprisingly good. Magazu's influence may have helped these guys turn the corner.

8. Ingram could become the 3rd TE.

24champ
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I thought the OL did a great job, granted they didn't face a premier rusher like Peppers and a LB like Urlacher. It was great seeing Manning call audibles at the line and direct the offense. Next game we'll see some more improvement and better rhythm from this offense. It was a good start for the O.

BowlenBall
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Arrow pointing up:
1. RB Xavier Omon - 36 rushing yards on 7 attempts, 1 touchdown. Looked powerful and instinctive, should move to #3 on the depth chart for the next preseason game IMO.
2. LB Nate Irving - 5 solo tackles, was consistently around the ball.
3. DE Derek Wolfe - 3 solo tackles, 2 sacks.
4. DE Jeremy Beal - 3 solo tackles, 2 sacks. (we might have a pretty good pass rush this year, no?)
5. WR Jason Hill - 3 receptions, 35 yards, 1 touchdown
6. WR Matt Willis - 3 receptions, 43 yards. Not sure why, but Willis looked noticeably quicker out there tonight as well. Seemed to be more 'field fast' then the other receivers.
7. TE Cornelius Ingram - 2 receptions, 45 yards, 1 touchdown. Also had a few good blocks that I noticed -- looks like Julius Thomas may have some competition for the 4th TE spot.
8. QB Brock Osweiler - looked like a pro quarterback.

Arrow pointing down:
1. OT Adam Grant - 2 holding calls, and beaten like a red-headed stepchild on a few more plays.
2. OT Tony Hills - got murdered everytime I watched the line play. Not good.
3. QB Caleb Hanie - Hanie is the clear #4 quarterback on this team right now, and has no upside. Cut him loose, John.
4. CB Tony Carter - too short for the NFL, was constantly overpowered by bigger/stronger wide receivers.

All in all, a great first game for the Broncos -- looks like Elway's done a masterful job of raising the talent level on the roster.

razorwire77
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
That # 58 might make the roster. Von's snatch and run on that fumble recovery was as fluid as a top shelf CB. Dude will be a serious candidate for DPOY this year.

colorado jones
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
In camp, he was non-existent.

I figured that was what you meant. Looked good tonight for sure.

Kaylore
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Here's the defensive stats
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31253&stc=1&d=1344573734

6 sacks and an int means you're doing something right. Really excited about Methwolfe.

And the offense

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31254&stc=1&d=1344573760

The receiver battle is going to be interesting. I'm still not convinced Stokely stays around just based on chemistry and friendship.

SoCalBronco
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
You can really see how the meth adds an extra little spunk to his game. Nice.

Gcver2ver3
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
what the heck got into Nate Irving?... whatever it is, i hope it stays...

i was most hopeful the starting oline would look good and they passed their first test albeit against a defense without Peppers...

too early to celebrate, but an encouraging start... cant remember the last time we looked this way in our 1st preseason game of the year...

also cant remember the last time we converted a 3rd and 17...

Kaylore
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
what the heck got into Nate Irving?... whatever it is, i hope it stays...

SoCal answered that. Clearly Derek is the kind of guy who shares.

You can really see how the meth adds an extra little spunk to his game. Nice.

uplink
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
no injuries in the game

lonestar
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
The defender tipped the ball which deflected it off Stokely's shoulder pad....

Defense played at a high level for the entire game....and the blocking for Manning was pretty good....I'm thinking we'll see even more marked improvement in all facets of the game next week.

I have seen nothing but bits an pieces so far but the pass appeared to be thrown slightly behind Stokely.. Going to go watch it in a few minutes have it on DVR..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I have seen nothing but bits an pieces so far but the pass appeared to be thrown slightly behind Stokely.. Going to go watch it in a few minutes have it on DVR..

VERY slightly, in that it was right at the numbers instead of in front of or behind.

I believe it got tipped, and was a pretty great defensive play. One that happens 1/10 times.

What can you do?

barryr
08-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Manning's pass that was picked was slightly behind Stokley, but I bet Stokley would be the first to say he should have caught it.

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Chris Clark REALLY sucks.

Garcia Bronco
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
I saw a defense that tackles. Every tackle was a wrap-up tackle.

baja
08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Chris Clark REALLY sucks.So does Austin Wuebbels

lonestar
08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I saw a defense that tackles. Every tackle was a wrap-up tackle.

Great no more Al wilsons..

titan
08-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Manning's pass that was picked was slightly behind Stokley, but I bet Stokley would be the first to say he should have caught it.

Vic Lombardi on twitter:

"Other stuff I gathered in locker room: Stokley says the int was his fault. He ran a bad route."

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Xavier Omon > Lance Ball

That I'm 100% certain of.

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Vic Lombardi on twitter:

"Other stuff I gathered in locker room: Stokley says the int was his fault. He ran a bad route."

So he didn't blame it on his meal ticket. Well played Brandon. Well played.

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Xavier Omon > Lance Ball

That I'm 100% certain of.

I know the general consensus is that you have no credibility on the mane, but this statement confirms it.

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I know the general consensus is that you have no credibility on the mane, but this statement confirms it.

Have you actually watched Lance Ball play? Hilarious!

DivineLegion
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Nate Irving looked like he did in college. The Nate Orving we saw tonight is the guy scouts saw on tape, and decided to "waste" a third round pick on. It was good to see Nate step up. I'm going to have to sport the Nate Irving T-Shirt his mama gave me when he was drafted by the broncos.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Nate Irving looked like he did in college. The Nate Orving we saw tonight is the guy scouts saw on tape, and decided to "waste" a third round pick on. It was good to see Nate step up. I'm going to have to sport the Nate Irving T-Shirt his mama gave me when he was drafted by the broncos.

Yep. You were right about Nate. He has shown vast improvement over last year. :sunshine:

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 11:32 PM

I'd agree except that he looked much bigger than he did in college.

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Have you actually watched Lance Ball play? Hilarious!

Yes. He's not explosive but solid for a RB4. Does the little things right. Why do you have to **** on everything broncos related? You never talk about a player being good you just say "x player > y player who sucks." very clever. The broncos could win the super bowl 14-7 and you would say "can't believe they only won by 7 Elway sucks". You are a new breed of troll that's for sure. Douche.

Agamemnon
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes. He's not explosive but solid for a RB4. Does the little things right. Why do you have to **** on everything broncos related? You never talk about a player being good you just say "x player > y player who sucks." very clever. The broncos could win the super bowl 14-7 and you would say "can't believe they only won by 7 Elway sucks". You are a new breed of troll that's for sure. Douche.

LOL Who the **** are you again? And when exactly did I piss in your Cheerios?

Lance Ball sucks. Xavier Omon looks light he might actually have some potential. Therefore Xavier Omon > Lance Ball. Deal with it.

DivineLegion
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Yep. You were right about Nate. He has shown vast improvement over last year. :sunshine:

I just hope it continues, and he can work his way into a starting role.

BTW did we show a couple is 3-4 looks tonight? It looked like we did on the first defensive series, then again when the second team D was on the field.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Some guys looked good against the scrubs. Irving didn't impress me, tackling high at the shoulder pads isn't impressive. I did like the swarming to the ball by the 1st and 2nd team D. CHI put some good blocks on some of the guys, but the rest of the D were shedding blocks pretty good and swarming the ball carrier.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2012, 11:56 PM

Irving was third team and playing against third teamers.

24champ
08-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Didn't want to start another thread, but check out what Colt fans are saying about Peyton...and some are talking up Painter.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64522&page=3

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 11:59 PM

Lance Ball sucks. Xavier Omon looks light he might actually have some potential. Therefore Xavier Omon > Lance Ball. Deal with it.

You say that like anyone on here values your opinion. Spoiler alert: we don't. Just because you post 100 times a day (because you are too busy to post 200 times) doesn't mean that your posts hold any water. Spoiler alert: they don't.

bases055
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Omon is my adopt-a-bronco....dude better make the final roster if he's even half as good vs 1st stringers as he was tonight amongst the scrubs

lonestar
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
You say that like anyone on here values your opinion. Spoiler alert: we don't. Just because you post 100 times a day (because you are too busy to post 200 times) doesn't mean that your posts hold any water. Spoiler alert: they don't.

kind of what I'm starting to think..

theAPAOps5
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Omon is my adopt-a-bronco....dude better make the final roster if he's even half as good vs 1st stringers as he was tonight amongst the scrubs

He impressed tonight, made some Bears look simply foolish.

bases055
08-10-2012, 12:05 AM
He impressed tonight, made some Bears look simply foolish.

I'm not comparing by any means but his power reminded me of TD...miss having a forceful back that can also make people miss (while surrounded in the middle of the field)

cutthemdown
08-10-2012, 12:10 AM
You can't tell much yet guys. They are just getting warmed up. Best news is no one got injured right? Lets see how that 2nd to last preseason game looks. Then obviously Broncos have a really tough opener.

ghwk
08-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Didn't want to start another thread, but check out what Colt fans are saying about Peyton...and some are talking up Painter.

That Gotye take off on Manning was great!

Agamemnon
08-10-2012, 12:21 AM

I literally couldn't care less one way or the other. If you disagree with my take on Lance Ball, say why. Otherwise you're just making noise like a toddler with **** in his pants.

Bronco Boy
08-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I literally couldn't care less one way or the other. If you disagree with my take on Lance Ball, say why. Otherwise you're just making noise like a toddler with **** in his pants.

I did. I said Ball is a solid rb4 that does the little things right. Omon has bounced around the league because he looks good running against scrub defenses in preseason. Who's sitting in **** now bitch?

theAPAOps5
08-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Why are there spoiler alerts in posts now? This isn't the Olympics.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 12:32 AM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/tcsmoooth/banner.jpg

What the hell is this? If it's one of those "continue the pattern" puzzles, Luck's gonna be a staggering disappointment. :)

pricejj
08-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Offense:
1st series
1. '122' personnel: drop slant right, Tamme
2. '122' personnel: 11-yard run off RT, McGahee
3. '122' personnel: tip pass, 12-yard catch, Tamme
4. Offset I: 3-yard run off RT, McGahee
5. '122' personnel: 10-yard catch, left sideline, Decker
6. '122' personnel: no gain off RT, Mcgahee
7. '122' personnel: 11-yard catch, left sideline DT, holding Clady
8. '113' personnel (w/ Stokley): 3-yard checkdown pass, Ball
9. '113' personnel (w/ Stokley): : 19-yard catch, middle Decker
10. '122' personnel: 2-yard run off LG, McGahee
11. '113' personnel (w/ Stokley): : incomplete, 12-yard endzone fade right, Thomas
12: '113' personnel (w/ Stokley): int slant right, Stokley

While Manning was on the field:
DT and Decker were on the field for all 12 plays
Both Tamme and Dreessen were on the field for 7 plays ('122' personnel)
Stokley was on the field for 4 plays (in a 3 WR set, '113' personnel)
Gronkowski was on the field for 1 play (in offset-I, '212' personnel)

8 pass plays, 4 run plays

NorCalBronco7
08-10-2012, 12:53 AM

What the hell is this? If it's one of those "continue the pattern" puzzles, Luck's gonna be a staggering disappointment. :)

Hilarious!

That sig is ****ed up in so many ways, I wont even try and understand it.

uplink
08-10-2012, 12:55 AM

why is Harbaugh in the banner? Should be Bert Jones before Harbaugh.

Al Wilson
08-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Can't wait to watch this team play. I really think they're going to have a great year especially if Manning is healthy and the defense plays like it did today. Solid all around effort. Brock looks like a QB with real potential. Also, who was the number 59 linebacker? I thought he was great along with Nate Irving

pricejj
08-10-2012, 01:04 AM
1st downs (with Manning) need major improvement.

1. incomplete
2. tip ball
3. 3 yard run
4. 0 yard run
5. 2 yard run

Broncos1984
08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
So does Austin Wuebbels
Before you talk about other people (who are actually doing a great job) I would enjoy seeing you on the field...

Natedogg
08-10-2012, 01:41 AM
What is the origin of the "Methwolfe" nickname??

cutthemdown
08-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Cracks me up how people over analyze every play. The only reason your doing that is because you got so few of Mannings plays to analyze. The only think we need to see is that hes a football player again. Our offense going to score points don't worry. They may score 100 more then they did last yr.

I also think the dline could be a lot better then people think.

ol#7
08-10-2012, 02:25 AM
why is Harbaugh in the banner? Should be Bert Jones before Harbaugh.

Because Bert Jones preceeded Art "Gamblers going to break my legs" Schichter lifetime ban from the NFL for throwing games hence the no cheating since 1984 in the banner. Don't see how they can fit in Johnny U, but I guess they didn't want to use Jeff George. Funny they try to bash on the Pats, but unless Tom Brady gets a lifetime ban, it just makes whoever made that banner look like a fool.

Only seen highlights of the game since it started too late here, will watch it tonight, but that tipped pass that Manning threw to Tamme came out with no zip. Will be interesting to see how he looks when he has more series in a game. Was amazing to see how much command he had of the offense though.

extralife
08-10-2012, 03:37 AM

Man, I didn't know Johnny U was still playing in 1984, banner.

driver
08-10-2012, 04:29 AM
While Manning was on the field:
DT and Decker were on the field for all 12 plays
Both Tamme and Dreessen were on the field for 7 plays ('122' personnel)
Stokley was on the field for 4 plays (in a 3 WR set, '113' personnel)
Gronkowski was on the field for 1 play (in offset-I, '212' personnel)

8 pass plays, 4 run plays
Thanks for posting this. I had a glitch in my tape hookup and ended up w/an hour of very poor quality static, hard to do a review that way.

Not too suprised by the personnel pkgs.
113 vs 212 were a little bit of a surprise.
Number of passes to runs definately pass heavy, need to balance that a little
better. Of course it might be a case of "build up his confidence".

We'll know a little more after game 3.:wave:

Elway 4 Life
08-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Agreed. Hell I didn't know there was a 1st down after a 3rd and 17. I thought it automatically went to a 4th. And the defense. Oh damn, the defense. If it gets better, oh damn. I'm just giddy! :egbgb:

Agreed, I was expecting a QB draw followed by a punt. ;)

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 06:22 AM
I figured the '84 thing was just because of when they moved to Indy. But it's funny how it makes it sound like something really bad happened in '84.

bowtown
08-10-2012, 06:33 AM

Is that Adam Vinatieri between Unitas and Manning?

Requiem
08-10-2012, 06:46 AM

Me.

DivineLegion
08-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Irving was third team and playing against third teamers.

No, Von Miller played one or two series then took a seat, that's when Nate took the field. The Bears starting o-line played well into the secon quarter if not the entire half. The likes of Jason Campbell, Brandon Marshall, Michael Bush, and the rest of their offensive weapons were in on at least 4-5 offensive series.

Yes, Nate did play half the evening against a mix of second and third team players.

The Bears offensive line sucks, so it's hard to tell if our defense played that well, or if the Bears are really fielding a high school team for their offensive line. That being said, Nate looked great on his reads, he took good angles, and consistantly got penetration.

Hulamau
08-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Fox said Danny T got a sprained ankle and two others with strained

Hamstrings I believe but he said nothing serious.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 06:52 AM

Meeeeeeeeeee.

TheChamp24
08-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Watched it, and Manning needs to play a lot more this preseason IMO to get up to speed with things. Just looked a little off.

Also, was this a case of the Bears just being dreadful last night, or are we really that solid in depth?

cutthemdown
08-10-2012, 06:58 AM

This place tries too hard IMO to come up with nicknames. When you do that they are always lame. I have no idea where it came from though.

Boobs McGee
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Even though chicagos line is pretty bad, it was really encouraging to see some big time push up front. Also, agree with garcia, some VERY solid tackling all around out there...guys really wrapping up.

CEH
08-10-2012, 07:00 AM
MaGahee looked great to me. He'll rip off 1400+ this year if Manning is anywhere close and the WRs can run the right routes.

And we didn't even see Hillman yet

socalorado
08-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Ayers seemed to be playing with a chip which is good.

Nate Irving was all over the place.

The D-line was consistently collapsing the pocket rushing only four.

At this point I'd roll with Brock and Weber.

I'm sorry, Moreno sucks. I was psyched when they drafted the kid, but he runs with no power, no vision and has no second gear. He basically has the durability and mentality of a scat back without the speed and quickness. The sooner they unload him for a conditional 5th rounder the better.

Methwolfe gets great leverage on his bull rush, but as Kaylore pointed out he needs to learn to use his hands better.

Manning is Manning, honestly it was a poor throw on the pick (tipped?) but Stokely got his hands on it and should have made a play. A bigger, stronger, younger receiver probably makes that catch in traffic.

Told you guys Brock was the man! Jeez i got heat for suggesting DEN draft him long before the draft.
Methwolfe is a monster.
Irving was awesome and a welcome suprise considering all the camp reports, which i think had alot of us troubled about the LB position in general.
Manning was Manning. Looked good, and will only improve as the chemistry gets better with the rest of the offense.
The D-line was really impressive. Although i did have to kind of admit that CHI's O-line has really sucked recently. If Cutler was in there, he would have been blown up.

Omon should make the team. McGahee, Ball, Hillman and Omon.

How many WR's do we keep? (Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Stokely, Willis, Hill) This team actually has too many WRS!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!?
How about TE? (Driesen, Tammey, Green, Thomas, Ingram) Holy crap!!! Who is Ingram!?!?! Dude was a beast out there!!!
Man, the FO has some serious decisions at these positions. I see a bunch of these guys on the PS.

Both Porter and Florence looked like really solid additions. They both were savy, and skilled tacklers that kept the recievers and other players in front of them at all times. I never really saw anyone get behind either of them. After this game, i really like what i see from the secondary.

Cut Moreno. Still has NO VISION, NO SPEED.
Cut Hanie. He sucks.

Atwater His Ass
08-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Thought Manning looked pretty rusty. A lot of tipped balls and some bad throws. Didn't seem like he had a lot of zip on his throws in comparison to Brock. Think he just needs some more time to get back up to speed.

cutthemdown
08-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Watched it, and Manning needs to play a lot more this preseason IMO to get up to speed with things. Just looked a little off.

Also, was this a case of the Bears just being dreadful last night, or are we really that solid in depth?

First game means little because you only get one or 2 series for starters, then a lot of players who will be on the first cut list play. The coaches will be saying out of these 15 players only 2 making it past first cuts. Then they send them out and see what they can do etc etc.

By 3rd preseason game if they look really bad I will be somewhat worried. I think defense though has a lot more potential then people think. We have more DT to throw into a rotation then we have had in a long time. Our pass rush isn't super scary, but I think can make enough pressure for the defense to be pretty good. Not dominant but maybe 12th overall. That is my left field prediction, they finish 12th in points given up, somewhere around there.

Still unlike a lot of people on the board I still think Chiefs and Raiders have some nice weapons of offense and defense. Like us lots of questions. Chargers I would not count out. This is just the sort of time they have a big year. They play better when people finally say they stink. Being front runners just doesn't go well for them. Plus I still think Rivers a great QB. Easily top 10 in the NFL.

2KBack
08-10-2012, 07:12 AM
While it is the first preseason game....so I want to curb my enthusiasm...that just looked like a different team out there. The last couple preseasons you could see the softness in the defense as we gave up big gains. None of that last night, scrubs or no scrubs.

Peyton Manning completed 4 passes in like 2 series worth of work. Last season we completed 10 or fewer passes in 5 entire games. We scored more than 25 points only twice during the season.

Pre season may be meaningless, but the team just seems so much tighter from top to bottom

Gort
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM
it's not hard to like watching Manning in Bronco colors. that first drive, he did several of the things that used to infuriate me when we played against him. but having him do it for the good guys now (as opposed to the evil Indiacrapolis Irsays), it's easy to be excited to see what he can do against some of our rivals. i'm still afraid his head is going to pop off though. i hope the trainer keeps some twine in his medical kit on the sidelines, just in case.

mwill07
08-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Told you guys Brock was the man! Jeez i got heat for suggesting DEN draft him long before the draft.
Methwolfe is a monster.
Irving was awesome and a welcome suprise considering all the camp reports, which i think had alot of us troubled about the LB position in general.
Manning was Manning. Looked good, and will only improve as the chemistry gets better with the rest of the offense.
The D-line was really impressive. Although i did have to kind of admit that CHI's O-line has really sucked recently. If Cutler was in there, he would have been blown up.

How many WR's do we keep? (Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Stokely, Willis, Hill) This team actually has too many WRS!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!?
How about TE? (Driesen, Tammey, Green, Thomas, Ingram) Holy crap!!! Who is Ingram!?!?! Dude was a beast out there!!!
Man, the FO has some serious decisions at these positions. I see a bunch of these guys on the PS.

Both Porter and Florence looked like really solid additions. They both were savy, and skilled tacklers that kept the recievers and other players in front of them at all times. I never really saw anyone get behind either of them. After this game, i really like what i see from the secondary.

Cut Hanie. He sucks.

agreed. I feel like this team has some actual bona fide depth everywhere except the OL. I'm no longer concerned about DL or LB, and feel like our back-ups / depth guys at RB, TE, WR, and DB positions are actually pretty good.

it's amazing how this roster has been turned over and improved over the past couple of years.

CEH
08-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Manning's pass to the pylon is a TD in Indy. DT didn't run the route correctly but the pass was right where it was suppose to be

Gort
Because Bert Jones preceeded Art "Gamblers going to break my legs" Schichter lifetime ban from the NFL for throwing games hence the no cheating since 1984 in the banner. Don't see how they can fit in Johnny U, but I guess they didn't want to use Jeff George. Funny they try to bash on the Pats, but unless Tom Brady gets a lifetime ban, it just makes whoever made that banner look like a fool.

Only seen highlights of the game since it started too late here, will watch it tonight, but that tipped pass that Manning threw to Tamme came out with no zip. Will be interesting to see how he looks when he has more series in a game. Was amazing to see how much command he had of the offense though.

the Indiacrapolis Irsays have no claim on all of the old Colts, especially the HOF'ers. they all abandoned that franchise when it was stolen out of town in the middle of the night. Unitas, Mackey, Donovan, Berry, etc. switched their allegiances to the Ravens and many have and still do attend Ravens functions where the fans can come out and meet them. it's silly for the Irsay fans to try and include Unitas in their legacy.

cmhargrove
I agree with all the other obvious observations, but I can't believe that no one has mentioned Mike Mohamed yet. That dude put together a solid game. He looked good in coverage, made open field tackles, and was much more mobile than last year (where I thought he flat out sucked). He's no gamebreaker but a huge, huge improvement for Mohamed.

Is this the vaunted "Del Rio Effect?"

Gort
08-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Manning's pass to the pylon is a TD in Indy. DT didn't run the route correctly but the pass was right where it was suppose to be

i saw that too. the simple fact is that it's going to take time to get Manning and his receivers in the same sort of synch he had in Indy.

ColoradoDarin
08-10-2012, 07:26 AM

DT gave up on the route and then tried to get there once he saw the ball was in the air. I bet he gets his ass chewed.

Gort
08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
DT gave up on the route and then tried to get there once he saw the ball was in the air. I bet he gets his ass chewed.

if Orton were QB, nothing would have been said.
if Tebow were QB, he would have told DT not to worry and that Jesus still loves him.
with Manning at QB, i'm pretty sure DT got his ass chewed in the next huddle or on the sideline.

TonyR
08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Who is Ingram!?!?!

Ingram was a stud in college at Florida but he dropped to the 5th round after blowing out his knee before his senior year. The Eagles (who drafted him) had high hopes for him but he blew out his knee again in training camp. He's very talented but can't seem to stay healthy. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll stay healthy and turn into a star for us!

CEH
08-10-2012, 07:37 AM
What is the status of JT SuperStar 80?

socalorado
08-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Ingram was a stud in college at Florida but he dropped to the 5th round after blowing out his knee before his senior year. The Eagles (who drafted him) had high hopes for him but he blew out his knee again in training camp. He's very talented but can't seem to stay healthy. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll stay healthy and turn into a star for us!

Ahha. Thanks
He seemed to come out of nowhere.
I am just amazed at the sudden depth on this team.
I think Green and Thomas have their work cut out for them.

Natedogg
08-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Meeeeeeeeeee.

Link?

(Jk kinda, but seeing the origins would be cool.)

mwill07
08-10-2012, 07:46 AM
if Orton were QB, nothing would have been said.
if Tebow were QB, he would have told DT not to worry because he'll make the game winning catch and be the hero of the game.
with Manning at QB, i'm pretty sure DT got his ass chewed in the next huddle or on the sideline.

fyp

montrose
08-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Headline in Denver Post: Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno and rookie LB Derek Wolfe strong in exhibition

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Link?

(Jk kinda, but seeing the origins would be cool.)

This is where it started.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105245&page=2

Make sure you check my response on page three.

Then Req drew a picture of him turning into a wolk and called him Methwolfe. I started using it both to make fun of Req and because it's hilarious and awesome.

Short answer: Inside joke.

outdoor_miner
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Can't wait to watch this team play. I really think they're going to have a great year especially if Manning is healthy and the defense plays like it did today. Solid all around effort. Brock looks like a QB with real potential. Also, who was the number 59 linebacker? I thought he was great along with Nate Irving

59 was Danny Trevathan. I thought he looked pretty good too... Made a nice play in the backfield, and I saw him around the ball a lot.

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Offense:

Manning looked pretty good. Still some rust and still some chemistry and timing issues. Too bad Stokely dropped that ball. But converting 3rd and 16 against the Bears defense on the road in the rain? Awesome.

The protection was outstanding. They weren't too exotic, but it was much better than when I was in camp. Man-Ram did a good job filling in for Kuper.

Caleb Hanie is the worst QB on the roster.

Brock Osweiller looked good per normal.

Adam Weber played better than he usually does in camp.

Xavier Omon - this kid looked good the last time I was in camp. I would love to see him stick over a guy like Moreno who has no power.

Jason Hill and Matt Willis did their parts to make the team.

Defense - As a whole the defense played outstanding. We bottled the run and the tackling was outstanding. I was honestly amazed at how good the tackling was with so few padded contact practices allowed.

Methwolfe was great. It was awesome to see him make some big plays and be disruptive. He needs to use his hands more, but he is powerful and explosive.

Jeremy Beal was a monster against the scrubs. That was another thing that I saw in camp.

Nate Irving - Irving played outstanding. It was great to see him show up and make some of the bigger plays.

Malik Jackson - He's my sleeper and he got a fumble recovery. Not much else, but I was happy to see him play that way.

Robert Ayers - After being slighted by the coaching staff, Ayers notched a sack and was disruptive.

Special teams - Pretty good. Prater missed that one kick, but made the rest and was booming the kickoffs. The punting unit had great coverage and did a good job pinning the Bears back. The Bears typically have outstanding special teams, so no small feat.

It was tough to find something to critique. However in the rain with some players kicking off a lot of rust, it was a great effort all around.

Hanie did ok, people here are really over reacting about Hanie.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Stokley ball was tipped and methwolfe is still a retarded nickname/ please stop

Also, Peyton ****ing manning

Natedogg
08-10-2012, 08:03 AM
This is where it started.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105245&page=2

Make sure you check my response on page three.

Then Req drew a picture of him turning into a wolk and called him Methwolfe. I started using it both to make fun of Req and because it's hilarious and awesome.

Short answer: Inside joke.

"This is guy is a late first round talent. Someone that quietly was one of the better defensive linemen in the draft."
-Mel Kiper

"He's got a high motor, uses his arms well and a lot of teams liked his consistency."
-Mike Mayock

"He's got 21 tackles for a loss, half of them sacks from the defensive tackle position. You gotta guy that can do that as a D tackle, that's somethin!"
-John Gruden

"He's white and looks like he sells meth."
-OM analyst.

Lolololol.

outdoor_miner
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
No, Von Miller played one or two series then took a seat, that's when Nate took the field. The Bears starting o-line played well into the secon quarter if not the entire half. The likes of Jason Campbell, Brandon Marshall, Michael Bush, and the rest of their offensive weapons were in on at least 4-5 offensive series.

Yes, Nate did play half the evening against a mix of second and third team players.

Agreed with this. I think Von only played 1 series. I definitely saw Irving in on the second series (he made a tackle), and then he played a couple quarters. He was definitely a total surprise to see flying around out there.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Headline in Denver Post: Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno and rookie LB Derek Wolfe strong in exhibition

lol wat?

Oman > Moreno

Requiem
08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Lolololol.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2mnky2f.jpg

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/38558/2503326.jpg

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Imma neg rep that nickname all season if you douches keep it up

the artwork is funny tho

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 08:14 AM
and methwolfe is still a retarded nickname/ please stop

shut your filthy whore mouth

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Along with the other players already mentioned, I was glad to see Syd'quan come back. After a year healing from a nasty injury a lot of guys would be tentative. He looked completely fearless out there.

I was most impressed with Wolfe. Even the double teams looked inadequate against him. Never saw him get moved. The D surprised me, actually.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Meth is for KC fans obv

2KBack
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM

LB? Great job DP.

I actually thought Moreno looked pretty good. Of course I like the kid and just wish he would stay healthy.

baja
08-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Before you talk about other people (who are actually doing a great job) I would enjoy seeing you on the field...

Sorry Austin you didn't look good

as for me on the field I don't see very many 60 year olds in the NFL.

baja
08-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Cracks me up how people over analyze every play. The only reason your doing that is because you got so few of Mannings plays to analyze. The only think we need to see is that hes a football player again. Our offense going to score points don't worry. They may score 100 more then they did last yr.

I also think the dline could be a lot better then people think.

That's what a few of us were saying back when so many were panicking .

Bacillus Anthracis
08-10-2012, 09:03 AM
From an outside perspective but also keeping in mind that it's the first preseason game, so it's a little early to make regular season predictions based on it.

Peyton Manning: looked really rusty, especially considering the Bears two best defensive players weren't on the field. He threw one pick and another that should have been picked and possibly returned for a TD if it had been. On the pick that actually happened the ball was thrown behind the receiver which allowed the defender to get a hand on it and tip it. It's hard to see how the receiver ran the wrong route, thereby saying that it wasn't Manning's fault. If the guy ran the route incorrectly then he should have thrown it elsewhere or thrown it away.

Defense: looked really good against the Bears second string quarterback and running back. IOW, they should have looked good.

Other than that, not much else to note that's of any interest.

Like I said earlier, it's only the first preseason game. Time will tell.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM
More evidence that Weber was really the #3 last year

Smiling Assassin27
08-10-2012, 09:11 AM
The guys that stood out for me were

Ingram at TE--Can get open, block, and seems to have very good hands.
Irving at OLB--Saw him speed around the end and run down rb, a great sign.
Wolfman-Energy, energy, and oh yeah, PRODUCTION!
Florence at DB--good to see him play well in coverage, albeit against the Bears WRs
Omon--Power back that can go forward after first contact. Good depth for Willis M.
Ozzie--Gotta be honest, watching him made me briefly consider him the next Aaron Rodgers.

First team offense looks to be on schedule for the first pre-season game. No glaring problems yet though Urlacher and Peppers were not playing.

backup qb
08-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Is Ryan Harris on PUP?

baja
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Methwolfe is a monster.

Cut Hanie. He sucks.

If Moreno gets cut He will be on a plane to NE before you can say Bo and he will do very well there. So well we might even have a Hillis type 100 page thread about it.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 09:14 AM
That's what a few of us were saying back when so many were panicking .

I think Warren playing at a high level (or at all :)) is a huge game changer. I think most fans had written him off long ago.

Rabb
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
What pleased me the most was the push our D Line was getting, and the swagger they seemed to have overall on D.

barryr
08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
If Warren, Irving, and Moore can step up this year and be big contributors to the defense, then the Broncos will really be sitting pretty. Wolfe will be a contributor this year, making those that didn't want him drafted look foolish.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
From an outside perspective but also keeping in mind that it's the first preseason game, so it's a little early to make regular season predictions based on it.

Peyton Manning: looked really rusty, especially considering the Bears two best defensive players weren't on the field. He threw one pick and another that should have been picked and possibly returned for a TD if it had been. On the pick that actually happened the ball was thrown behind the receiver which allowed the defender to get a hand on it and tip it. It's hard to see how the receiver ran the wrong route, thereby saying that it wasn't Manning's fault. If the guy ran the route incorrectly then he should have thrown it elsewhere or thrown it away.

Defense: looked really good against the Bears second string quarterback and running back. IOW, they should have looked good.

Sure, he looked rusty, but with the exception of one bad read (the tamme deflection/completion), he looked as decisive and smart as ever. His balls fluttered a tad, but the field was also very wet, so I dont know how that affects his accuracy. Point being, the sample size was small, but there was nothing there to suggest from that drive (a drive to the goal line!) that he wont be very successful.

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM

That 2nd string QB was your starter last year. The Broncos actually played their second/third/fourth string QBs for all of the game except the opening drive.

barryr
08-10-2012, 09:23 AM
As for Manning, I'm not that concerned about him. Timing off? What's so surprising about that? I'd be more concerned if he couldn't make certain throws and looked like he lost confidence, but I see no evidence of any that, to this point at least.

Gcver2ver3
08-10-2012, 09:26 AM

This post is filled with pessimism and back handed compliments...

Too subjective to take serious...

hookemhess
08-10-2012, 09:38 AM
"Methwolfe" ???

Seriously, guys? Your nickname is bad and you should feel bad.

It's almost embarrassing.

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM

Aaron Rogers was 2/8 with an int - he must suck too!
Drew Brees was 1/4 for four yards - he's doomed!

Manning, Brees and Rogers should all retire. They are clearly washed up and can't play football.

Bacillus Anthracis
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
This post is filled with pessimism and back handed compliments...

Too subjective to take serious...

So if Carson Palmer or Matt Cassel comes out on their first drive of the preaseason and looks the same as Manning did, you'll say that they played well and we should have no worries? I'm sure you'd be just as "objective" as you are about your own quarterback.

I did say that it's only the first preseason game. I also think he'll get better. But he seems to be getting cut a lot of slack that wouldn't be afforded to a starting quarterback on any other team in the league. If Palmer comes out looking as shabby as Manning did last night you're not going to see Raider fans (9175 excluded) talking about all the wonderful things there are to look forward to. Especially if Dallas doesn't have their two best defensive players on the field. It'll be a meltdown of overreactive preseason proportions.

Hell, this is all really premature anyway.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Aaron Rogers was 2/8 with an int - he must suck too!
Drew Brees was 1/4 for four yards - he's doomed!

Manning, Brees and Rogers should all retire. They are clearly washed up and can't play football.

Well to be fair, we were hearing stories about how 4/7 for 28 yards in one 3rd-string preseason opener proved that our 2nd rounder was a definitive NFL-caliber success story.

The older I get the more I hate preseason. 2 games top. 4 is such a waste of time.

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 09:43 AM
"Methwolfe" ???

Ok. I'll try to feel worse.

Heyneck
08-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Have to agree... Ball sucks in my opinion too. I am just not exited about our RB depth. If willis is able to stay healthy, Hillman is as good as advertised and somehow KM finds his grove then I'll be happy. Everything else below them is just average at best.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Anybody who didn't expect Peyton to look a little rusty was fooling themselves. The mental aspects of his game didn't look diminished at all. He can still tell you what the defense is going to do before they do it. The physical stuff will snap back into place by season's start. It's just the timing stuff anyway.

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2012, 09:46 AM
So if Carson Palmer or Matt Cassel comes out on their first drive of the preaseason and looks the same as Manning did, you'll say that they played well and we should have no worries? I'm sure you'd be just as "objective" as you are about your own quarterback.

I did say that it's only the first preseason game. I also think he'll get better. But he seems to be getting cut a lot of slack that wouldn't be afforded to a starting quarterback on any other team in the league. If Palmer comes out looking as shabby as Manning did last night you're not going to see Raider fans (9175 excluded) talking about all the wonderful things there are to look forward to. Especially if Dallas doesn't have their two best defensive players on the field. It'll be a meltdown of overreactive preseason proportions.

Manning didn't play at all last year and he's coming back from a neck injury so yah, he's getting a little slack. Palmer also got some slack too last season because he was coming back from time off playing.

good lord man, you act like this is weird or something. Face it, your a faider fan with an agenda.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Hilarious!

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM

As shabby as Manning did? He was 4-7 (and completed another to Thomas that got called back on Clady's hold), converted a 19 yard completion on 3rd and 17, and drove the Broncos to the goal line. If this is "shabby" or "terrible" I cant wait to see average.

Bacchus
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
"Methwolfe" ???

I agree, I'm not sure I understand it and it is degrading since Wolfe's family suffered from drug and alcohol addiction.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Not to mention, I think Wolfe would get a kick out of the nickname. You guys ever see him interviewed? He kinda celebrates bein' a redneck. He's Jared Allen 2.0

Shananahan
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree, I'm not sure I understand it and it is degrading since Wolfe's family suffered from drug and alcohol addiction.
You've got a cartoon elephant ****ing the United States of America in your avatar. Get off the soapbox and lighten up.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I prefer "Wolfeman." To the point and fits his play.

Olinemen are really not going to like this guy. ;D

2KBack
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM

Nope, most here are smart enough to know it is preseason. That's why no one here is concerned about the kind of rust Manning showed. We know he will be accurate and the timing will get better, that is of no concern. We just wanted to see how his arm is looking. He passed that test.

Heyneck
08-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I did. I said Ball is a solid rb4 that does the little things right. Omon has bounced around the league because he looks good running against scrub defenses in preseason. Who's sitting in **** now b****?

Wow... what a drama queen you are. All this fuss just because he said this player > player x? Really? I didn't see you posting at the guy saying player X sucks like 10 posts in. Be critical and consistent on you thinking ways. The dude is entitled to his opinion... like it or not.

Plus... he was damn right. That kid has shown more flashes of potential that Hall has ever had,

Play2win
08-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Also, Peyton ****ing manning

this.

pricejj
08-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Not too suprised by the personnel pkgs.
113 vs 212 were a little bit of a surprise.
Number of passes to runs definately pass heavy, need to balance that a little
better. Of course it might be a case of "build up his confidence".

We'll know a little more after game 3.:wave:

Yes, Manning/McCoy's Offense looked very interesting last night. There are some things to like, and some things to be concerned about.

1. It's pretty obvious that Manning has been given complete control over the offense. There were some audibles, and only 4/12 running plays (3 of which were old Colts running plays out of a single-back set).

2. The foundation of the Offense appears to be based primarily on what Manning has learned through the years in Indy, with some of formational variation (Green Bay/Saints), and a bit of 2-back set (Broncos) thrown in.

3. Manning's famed '122' personnel set (Indy 2006) is what the Broncos sought to execute as the primary bread-and-butter of the Offense with the first several plays of the game. Some mixed formation plays (4-wide, offset-I) comprised the middle of the 1st drive. Manning finished the 1st drive with '113' personnel (Indy 2010) in the redzone. A lack of proper execution (from DT and Stokley, with a little blame on Manning) ended the drive.

3. One obvious area of concern, and an area that will need a lot of work, is picking up consistent yardage out of the single-back set with the 1st team Offense. This will be a major point of emphasis (along with proper execution in the passing game) all preseason long.

4. The first touchdown (2nd team Offense, Lance Ball 2-yard run) came on a power-I formation, which must have been refreshing for Manning to see, because it's something the Colts could never do.

5. The other three Bronco TD's came from the '113' personnel set (2010 Colts). One was a running TD (Omon), two were passing TD's (Hill, Ingram).

6. Overall, I was impressed. Obviously, execution is the key, moving forward. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos Offense reacts to a lead with Manning still in the game. They leaned heavily on the run game once Manning was done (33 of 53 remaining plays were runs).

socalorado
Its f***in MethWolfe.

BroncoBeavis
You've got a cartoon elephant ****ing the United States of America in your avatar. Get off the soapbox and lighten up.

LOL

barryr
08-10-2012, 09:56 AM

Agreed, I don't find it comical calling someone a "meth head" or whatever, especially when the guy has done nothing wrong and appears to be the kind of rookie and player you want on your team. Names like that, if into that kind of thing, are typically reserved for players actually on drugs and not playing on the team you root for. There are some that are proud of being a "redneck", which hardly means they have to be on meth, and that name is nowhere near as bad as some drug label.

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Not to mention, I think Wolfe would get a kick out of the nickname. You guys ever see him interviewed? He kinda celebrates bein' a redneck. He's Jared Allen 2.0

I was thinking about posting that article where he was beating up on a lineman and said "I know I'm ugly white trash, but I'm going to kill you" or some such trash talking. In a way, he totally validated Req with that comment. ROFL!

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Manning didn't play at all last year and he's coming back from a neck injury so yah, he's getting a little slack. Palmer also got some slack too last season because he was coming back from time off playing.

good lord man, you act like this is weird or something. Face it, your a faider fan with an agenda.

The first incomplete pass was to Temme or however you spell his name. It was a little behind but not Mannings fault. It should have been caught.

Second Incomplete was a legit over throw in the endzone to D.T.

Third was to stoke. Should have been caught. It was a little behind but should have been caught.

Need to quit making excuses for Manning. He did great and should have finished 6-7 w/ a TD

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I was thinking about posting that article where he was beating up on a lineman and said "I know I'm ugly white trash, but I'm going to kill you" or some such trash talking. In a way, he totally validated Req with that comment. ROFL!

Yeah! thats the article i was thinking of...i cant remember where i read it though

Requiem
08-10-2012, 10:02 AM

Of course he did. I can't believe a bunch of weenie heads are crying about the nickname. A term of endearment. I wonder how many of the people crying about MethWolfe were cool with calling Darius Watts "The Claw" or whatever other nicknames have been tossed around here to players. Hypocrites, the whole lot of 'em.

MethWolfe is his nickname. :) Heck, I even coined "Browncos" on Broncomania (official forums) and then some writer from the post caught wind of it and took it from there. I can't help I'm awesome with words.

Play2win
08-10-2012, 10:03 AM
"Methwolfe" ???

seriously, why not "drunk-driving-wolfe"?

it certainly would be less horrible.

BroncoBeavis
Third was to stoke. Should have been caught. It was a little behind but should have been caught.

I really thought it was tipped. But the feed I was watching wasn't exactly HD :)

Mediator12
I told you all to watch the scheme's more than the players. Judging players at this point requires watching every play to determine if they really did something great or the other guy just screwed up worse than they did.

What I saw was this:

Offense

1. They ran every play from a formation that was Tom Moore and INDY's playbook. Mostly 11 or 12 personnel with a healthy sprinkling of off set I formations occasionally.

2. No huddle was not in effect last night.

3. INDY never protected Peyton that well on third and 17. He did not even get touched on that throw. If he gets even a few more half seconds to drive his throws, his completion % will be phenomenal this season.

4. The OL was drive and Zone blocking in the run game WITHOUT having at least one player getting schooled one on one.

5. Every QB audibled. WTF? Never seen the starters audibling in DEN for YEARS, but even Brock did check off at the Goalline and got them into a better play (10 yard run in the Red ZONE no less). That means the checks are in the scheme. LOVE IT!

Defense:
1. Played against a soft OL and dominsted the LOS. Heck even the Second team DL against the first OL was not getting moved off the ball and playing incredibly gap sound football in the run game.

2. The DT's not only kept the interior OL off the LB's in the running game, they created gaps for the LB's to make plays in the backfield! WOW. I have not seen that in years in DEN. Like 2003-4. Yes, it was against the Bears OL, but it was ALL game long.

3. The CB's are playing rolled up and Press 90% of the time, even Bailey. Hallelujah Praise the Lord! It really allowed the poor pass rush last night to get home. There were no Beat your man and get to the QB first sacks last night. All 6 were coverage sacks. That is OUTSTANDING! DEN just might have a back four worth a crap.

4. I hammered Rahim Moore on his tackling last week, but he filled a gap perfectly on the Bears first drive for a TFL. Solid key read and Scrape off his gap to penetrate and then wrap up the tackle. It was only one play, but it was impressive to me.

5. I could have played LB last night. NO OL of the Bears got to the second level with any consistency and the QB's were still trying to hit the WR's more than taking the underneath stuff versus man or zone. All the LB's looked solid, but MOSTLY becasue the Bears OL looked like the Scout team for Vanderbuilt (Yes that is a slap at former First round OT Chris Williams!)

Overall, DEN played a spectacular game for what the Bears failed to give them. Which was a fight at almost any position.

barryr
08-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Not really since the moniker was used to mock Wolfe since he wanted someone else drafted instead, so there is a difference.

Play2win
08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I prefer "Wolfeman." To the point and fits his play.

Olinemen are really not going to like this guy. ;D

Lycan King.

socalorado
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I told you all to watch the scheme's more than the players. Judging players at this point requires watching every play to determine if they really did something great or the other guy just screwed up worse than they did.

What I saw was this:

Offense

1. They ran every play from a formation that was Tom Moore and INDY's playbook. Mostly 11 or 12 personnel with a healthy sprinkling of off set I formations occasionally.

3. INDY never protected Peyton that well on third and 17. He did not even get touched on that throw. If he gets even a few more half seconds to drive his throws, his completion % will be phenomenal this season.

4. The OL was drive and Zone blocking in the run game WITHOUT having at least one player getting schooled one on one.

5. Every QB audibled. WTF? Never seen the starters audibling in DEN for YEARS, but even Brock did check off at the Goalline and got them into a better play (10 yard run in the Red ZONE no less). That means the checks are in the scheme. LOVE IT!

Defense:
1. Played against a soft OL and dominsted the LOS. Heck even the Second team DL against the first OL was not getting moved off the ball and playing incredibly gap sound football in the run game.

2. The DT's not only kept the interior OL off the LB's in the running game, they created gaps for the LB's to make plays in the backfield! WOW. I have not seen that in years in DEN. Like 2003-4. Yes, it was against the Bears OL, but it was ALL game long.

3. The CB's are playing rolled up and Press 90% of the time, even Bailey. Hallelujah Praise the Lord! It really allowed the poor pass rush last night to get home. There were no Beat your man and get to the QB first sacks last night. All 6 were coverage sacks. That is OUTSTANDING! DEN just might have a back four worth a crap.

4. I hammered Rahim Moore on his tackling last week, but he filled a gap perfectly on the Bears first drive for a TFL. Solid key read and Scrape off his gap to penetrate and then wrap up the tackle. It was only one play, but it was impressive to me.

5. I could have played LB last night. NO OL of the Bears got to the second level with any consistency and the QB's were still trying to hit the WR's more than taking the underneath stuff versus man or zone. All the LB's looked solid, but MOSTLY becasue the Bears OL looked like the Scout team for Vanderbuilt (Yes that is a slap at former First round OT Chris Williams!)

Overall, DEN played a spectacular game for what the Bears failed to give them. Which was a fight at almost any position.

Nice write up.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM

What I saw was this:

Offense

Defense:

Makes you wonder how much longer Lovie has up there.

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
I really thought it was tipped. But the feed I was watching wasn't exactly HD :)

Could have been tipped but it still hit stoke in the left shoulder pad and should have been caught.

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Makes you wonder how much longer Lovie has up there.

The problem is Cutler gets what he wants. He got Martz. He got Martz fired. He got Bates and now Marshall. If he doesn't put it together this year, he's going to be on the hot seat too...

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Could have been tipped but it still hit stoke in the left shoulder pad and should have been caught.

Not gonna fault the guy for missing a short tip into his left shoulder. It's impossible to adjust that fast, especially behind your route.

pricejj
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Great analysis. But some of the sacks were "beat your man and get to the QB first sacks".

1. Wolfe's bullrush on the LG straight into the Bears QB's lap

I don't think these two were coverage sacks, but it could be debated:
2. Ayers bullrushed and beat a double-team off LT for a sack
3. Beale drove and then did a spin-move, beating a double-team off LT for a sack

Quoydogs
08-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Great analysis. But some of the sacks were "beat your man and get to the QB first sacks".

3. Beale drove and then did a spin-move, beating a double-team off LT for a sack

That was awesome when Beale did his spin move. Can't remember the last time I saw a D lineman do an open field spin.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 10:32 AM
The problem is Cutler gets what he wants. He got Martz. He got Martz fired. He got Bates and now Marshall. If he doesn't put it together this year, he's going to be on the hot seat too...

All hinges on health. He's been pretty solid when he plays. Or at least allowed to stand upright. Based on last night, that might be a stretch.

TonyR
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I prefer "Wolfeman."

I'd have to agree. The meth thing doesn't work for me because meth users are super skinny which really doesn't accurately describe Wolfe.

Mediator12
08-10-2012, 10:35 AM

I would simply argue that its 2.5 seconds for a beat your man sack and anything over that is a coverage sack. None of those qualify under that definition. NFL coverage is designed to hold up for 3 seconds and then someone, somewhere SHOULD be open in the progressions.

That the BEARS QB's missed a few is not OUR problem. The great thing is that the secondary had them wrapped up a lot longer than 3 seconds for the majority of the night, unless the CB's slipped on the poor surface.

The sacks you mentioned would be outstanding effort coverage sacks, but not beat one on one sacks.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I'd have to agree. The meth thing doesn't work for me because meth users are super skinny which really doesn't accurately describe Wolfe.

I wonder what Mock would have had to say about Methwolfe? Ha!

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Even for a first pre-season game, that team looked sloppy.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Beezer considers all options.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-10-2012, 10:48 AM

+1

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Beezer considers all options.

I was thinking more of this classic thread: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=56755&highlight=meth

Cito Pelon
08-10-2012, 10:54 AM
"Methwolfe" ???

Almost? Yeah, pretty stupid some people still think it's cute.

pricejj
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I would simply argue that its 2.5 seconds for a beat your man sack and anything over that is a coverage sack. None of those qualify under that definition.

I wonder how long it took Wolfe on the bullrush? No matter. I agree that the secondary looked solid. Thanks for picking up that they were in press-man most of the time (I was too busy watching the front 7). Bodes well for future matchups against high-powered passing attacks.

1. Champ Bailey- not sure if any passes went his way
2. Tracy Porter - looked like a bonafide starter, but it's tough to tell without Cutler playing...great tackle at the LOS (which was a previous concern)
3. Drayton Florence - was physical, and tight in coverage, which we expected...gave up a couple plays down the field
4. Chris Harris - appeared to play well, but wasn't targeted much
5. Omar Bolden - made some pretty darn good plays (nice shove), was physical and tight in coverage...great depth
6. Tony Carter - kinda got picked on, but played okay overall. Should not have been a Pass Interference call. Not horrible for a #6CB

Others:
Sydquan Thompson - gonna get cut, best of luck Squid
Joshua Moore - gave up a long one, but got a pick too...hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

delany
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Sammy 'The Red Knight' Knight and Blade were better nicknames than this travesty. Which shows you just how bad this one is, cuz those others were beyond embarassing.

Gort
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM

you think? i don't. with Frown Cannon, there's always somebody else to blame.

in a popularity contest between QB and HC, the QB almost always wins (with apologies to Jake Plummer). if Da Baerz miss the playoffs this year, i think Lovie gets the blame.

Gort
08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Almost? Yeah, pretty stupid some people still think it's cute.

have to agree. why use an insulting nickname for a Broncos player, especially when he hasn't done anything to deserve being mocked? now that Manning is on our side, i no longer refer to him as pumpkinhead, potatohead, or melonhead. save the derogatory nicknames for Radiers, Chefs, or Sparklers players. or Bob/ClamChowJob.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM

What I saw was this:

Offense

Defense:

Yeah, no kidding. CHI looked like they didn't even want to play the game.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I wonder how long it took Wolfe on the bullrush? No matter. I agree that the secondary looked solid. Thanks for picking up that they were in press-man most of the time (I was too busy watching the front 7). Bodes well for future matchups against high-powered passing attacks.

1. Champ Bailey- not sure if any passes went his way
2. Tracy Porter - looked like a bonafide starter, but it's tough to tell without Cutler playing...great tackle at the LOS (which was a previous concern)
3. Drayton Florence - was physical, and tight in coverage, which we expected...gave up a couple plays down the field
4. Chris Harris - appeared to play well, but wasn't targeted much
5. Omar Bolden - made some pretty darn good plays (nice shove), was physical and tight in coverage...great depth
6. Tony Carter - kinda got picked on, but played okay overall. Should not have been a Pass Interference call. Not horrible for a #6CB

Others:
Sydquan Thompson - gonna get cut, best of luck Squid
Joshua Moore - gave up a long one, but got a pick too...hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Sydquan is our PR. He's not going anywhere.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Not really since the moniker was used to mock Wolfe since he wanted someone else drafted instead, so there is a difference.

Correct. Pretty stupid some people still think it's cute.

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM

He'd call us all dimwits and say that he meant to name him Menthol Wolfe.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
have to agree. why use an insulting nickname for a Broncos player, especially when he hasn't done anything to deserve being mocked? now that Manning is on our side, i no longer refer to him as pumpkinhead, potatohead, or melonhead. save the derogatory nicknames for Radiers, Chefs, or Sparklers players. or Bob/ClamChowJob.

Agreed. It's not a difficult concept to understand especially because the stupid moniker already has very well deserved negative connotations which are neither cute nor funny

Trolls gonna troll tho I guess

broncocalijohn
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM

He would now call us dimwit and want him to be called Methanolwolfe to not confuse the situation.

I wouldn't want to be called Methwolfe. Regardless of the reasoning, why have to explain it to people.

BTW, Mock would want to call him Blaze II.

He'd call us all dimwits and say that he meant to name him Menthol Wolfe.

Beantown just types faster! Almost I -DENT-I-CAL posts.

BTW, was it Blaze or Blade that mock had the nickname for one of our former players?

MABroncoFan
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
How did Siliga look?

barryr
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Especially when it was started by a goofball who started it as an insult,(he wasn't even trying to be cute with it), about Wolfe simply for having a silly fit the Broncos dared not draft Worthy, which was his choice. That isn't much of a Bronco fan to do such a thing IMO. You can disagree with a draft pick without disparaging the player personally like that.

Kaylore
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm going to call him Methwolfe. There's nothing any of you can do about it. Each time I will relish in how it irritates you. Ha ha! :haw!:

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Radioactivity also makes people skinny. Yet it also makes Superheros.

Hmmm?

BMarsh615
08-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Methwolfe is probably the best nickname in Orange Mane history.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm going to call him Methwolfe. There's nothing any of you can do about it. Each time I will relish in how it irritates you. Ha ha! :haw!:

Ignore and neg rep coming I guess

Be a real fan howboutit

2KBack
08-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Be a real fan howboutit

The fan police must have decent funding....

They appear to have a helicopter

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Be a real fan howboutit

Grow a sack. How about it?

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
The fan police must have decent funding....

They appear to have a helicopter

I don't want anyone on my team associated with that bull****. It's deragotry, unearned, and not the least but funny

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Grow a sack. How about it?

It's not funny. Get over it

2KBack
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't want anyone on my team associated with that bull****. It's deragotry, unearned, and not the least but funny

When did you buy the team?

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
It's not funny. Get over it

Sounds like someone you know had a meth problem. :)

baja
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Isn't a good nick name supposed to have some basis in fact.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM

One day on Madden. :)

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:40 PM

No, it's just a trashy drug that should be despised, not made fun of

hookemhess
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Source: http://youtu.be/jG2KMkQLZmI

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM

When did you live in Denver?

eff1ngham
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Do you think he gave up or is it just his inexperience running that route? Had he been going to the pylon that's a TD. If he gets that separation that's a killer play

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM

When did living somewhere other than Denver have any bearing on whether or not you can be a fan of the team? :egbgb:

cmhargrove

I watched the Chicago broadcast last night. They kept trying to call Cutler "elite" all night long.

I love me some Cutler, but don't you have to have a pretty solid track record of taking your team to the playoffs to be considered "elite?" How about going to a Superbowl? I guess my criteria are a little different.

lolcopter
Do you think he gave up or is it just his inexperience running that route? Had he been going to the pylon that's a TD. If he gets that separation that's a killer play

Looked like he wasn't even expecting the ball there

hookemhess

I know this is a friendly debate and all... and I promise my jimmies are not rustled. HOWEVER, meth ****ing sucks. Smiling about the insinuation that someone might know someone with a meth problem sucks. Lost my uncle to the nasty **** several years ago. Again, I take the internet about as seriously as I take Matt Cassel as a franchise quarterback (not at all). But let's have a pinch of class.

Besides, "methwolfe" is just a terrible nickname.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
When did living somewhere other than Denver have any bearing on whether or not you can be a fan of the team? :egbgb:

When the fan police card gets played by some DC'r

Gort
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I watched the Chicago broadcast last night. They kept trying to call Cutler "elite" all night long.

I love me some Cutler, but don't you have to have a pretty solid track record of taking your team to the playoffs to be considered "elite?" How about going to a Superbowl? I guess my criteria are a little different.

are you sure they weren't calling him "effete"?

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Some people love it. Some people hate it. An idea can't be erased. Sorry.

This reminds me of the South Park where they try to get a word banned.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 12:52 PM
When the fan police card gets played by some DC'r

What'd ya think about The Claw?

24champ
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM

I watched that feed last night as well, just shows how desperate Chicago is for a QB. They haven't had a good QB for a very long time.

DivineLegion
08-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I watched that feed last night as well, just shows how desperate Chicago is for a QB.

This.

We are talking about a Bears franchise that hasn't had a decent QB in almost 30 years.

24champ
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/06/12/breaking-bad_610.jpg

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM

As long as its not associated with some disgusting street drug that ruins lives, I'm game for most nicknames. This one just rubs me the wrong way (obv)

hookemhess
08-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Just saying... might be cute/funny/whatever to you... but I think the majority of people see it and think of this

http://www.lifeormeth.com/communities/8/004/004/672/388/images/4514548023.jpg

and wonder how it relates to this badass mofo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1J9t2ZXpXNI/T6z-n5fAvFI/AAAAAAAABw8/ju7EnN-kFyA/s1600/derek-wolfe.jpg

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
As long as its not associated with some disgusting street drug that ruins lives, I'm game for most nicknames. This one just runs me the wrong way (obv)

But in your eyes, it's OK to have a nickname about a guy who received his disability in accident that almost cost him his life?

Cool!

DENVERDUI55

They should post pictures of themselves and we could give them nicknames.

2KBack

I didn't... I grew up in Colorado Springs.

Lived in Briargate from 1983- 1991 on Herndon Circle
Attended Douglas Valley, Pioneer, Explorer Elementarys...Timberview Middle School and Liberty High School (it was a growing community)

Am I allowed to be a fan of YOUR team now? Pleeeeease?

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Just saying... might be cute/funny/whatever to you... but I think the majority of people see it and think of this... and wonder how it relates to this badass mofo

Start a poll. Taco John runs a democracy. If it is not liked by a majority, it can be placed as a bad word and edited to something else when typed. :)

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
They should post pictures of themselves and we could give them nicknames.

KArenin already gave me minE. It's mcCauly Calken.

hookemhess
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Start a poll. Taco John runs a democracy. If it is not liked by a majority, it can be placed as a bad word and edited to something else when typed. :)

I'd rather my fellow fans just want to have cool nicknames for our players. Not stupid **** that should be reserved for Queefs players.

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 01:05 PM
But in your eyes, it's OK to have a nickname about a guy who received his disability in accident that almost cost him his life?

Cool!

Um ok, a little background please? I don't know anything about the claw I thought you were growing out alternative nicks

I know it's really important for you to be remembered as the originator of methwolfe (lol) because browncos was also so obviously brilliant nobody else could have possibly thought of that

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd rather my fellow fans just want to have cool nicknames for our players. Not stupid **** that should be reserved for Queefs players.

Oh, OK. So we should only use meth nicknames for Chiefs players. Good call. Hilarious!

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Um ok, a little background please? I don't know anything about the claw I thought you were growing out alternative nicks

I know it's really important for you to be remembered as the originator of methwolfe (lol) because browncos was also so obviously brilliant nobody else could have possibly thought of that

You can look it up for yourself if you are that interested.

No, not important at all.

And yes, I originated both. :)

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I didn't... I grew up in Colorado Springs.

Lived in Briargate from 1983- 1991 on Herndon Circle
Attended Douglas Valley, Pioneer, Explorer Elementarys...Timberview Middle School and Liberty High School (it was a growing community)

Am I allowed to be a fan of YOUR team now? Pleeeeease?

I guess so, if you stop using stupid derogatory nicknames for your own team's players

DarkHorse30
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Agreed. Methwolf? Let's vote.

hookemhess
08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh, OK. So we should only use meth nicknames for Chiefs players. Good call. Hilarious!

Sure, but thinking about it... that's actually really ironic because my uncle lived in KC. I don't get offended by anything. Meth is just nasty ****. Makes me think of meth mouth and sores and scum.

Look, I'm not trying to be sanctimonious here. I honestly just think it's a really stupid nickname. There is SO much potential for a badass nickname when your name is already Wolfe.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/144/910/Snarling-Gray-Wolf-006.jpg?1309931699

pricejj
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM

Pretty sure "the Claw" came about after it was determined that Watts couldn't catch a pass to save his life. It was obvious he was a bust.

Smilin Assassin
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Agreed. Methwolf? Let's vote.

Yup. Not sayin it's derogatory, mean, or insulting....Just not clever nickname.

IMHO.

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
What the eff?

What's next? Group outrage over the tragic human cost of Travis Henry's HOF Children per Attempt ratio?

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Pretty sure "the Claw" came about after it was determined that Watts couldn't catch a pass to save his life. It was obvious he was a bust.

I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the background of how Darius Watts suffered his disability that left him with nerve damage from his shoulder down through his arm to hands.

2KBack
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I guess so, if you stop using stupid derogatory nicknames for your own team's players

Ha! I don't use any nicknames....but I'm not about to start telling other people how to be fans

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I cant believe we are still arguing about this. Do you think these players read our board and give a **** what we call them?

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
How can people get upset about this? Some clown has an avatar of a polar bear eating some chick! What's up with that ****?!

lolcopter
08-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Ha! I don't use any nicknames....but I'm not about to start telling other people how to be fans

lol you literally just did

2KBack
08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
lol you literally just did

I certainly did not. I never questioned your fanhood...just your attitude towards other fans

Requiem
08-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I cant believe we are still arguing about this. Do you think these players read our board and give a **** what we call them?

Nope. :)

FrankieTwoThumbs
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Well Mays didn't seem to like his rep.

Besides, it's more about what fans like to see other fans call the players, and the culture of the site. I am happy this place isn't like CP.

Smilin Assassin
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Yes/No.

An awful lot of people read this board and use Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Do I think it's VERY possible he'll hear about this nickname? Yup..I do.

Do I think he cares? Nope...I don't.

Still, Do I think it's a clever nickname? Nope..I don't

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 02:27 PM
No, it's just a trashy drug that should be despised, not made fun of

When in doubt about what can and cannot be joked about, I generally look to Michael Scott.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LMC76aGZA9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
When in doubt about what can and cannot be joked about, I generally look to Michael Scott.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LMC76aGZA9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GD I miss that guy.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Decker took a mean shot to his knee on that deep cross. I thought it was a cheap shot by the CHI guy. Hit the guy like a man instead of a cheap shot to the knee.

lonestar
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM

some folks just like to be cute..

like the meth comment, a knuckle said it and he has been championing it since.. oh so proud of himself..

lonestar
08-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Decker took a mean shot to his knee on that deep cross. I thought it was a cheap shot by the CHI guy. Hit the guy like a man instead of a cheap shot to the knee.

not going to get pretty in that black and blue division.. had it been in DEN maybe a call..

Mediator12
08-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Get used to it. They are not going to let them hit high, so now they will be going for the low cut shots. You have to hit them somewhere, and the head is going to be off limits.

I did not think it was cheap BTW. I thought he could have used better form, he sure did not wrap up!

pricejj
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm guessing you aren't familiar with the background of how Darius Watts suffered his disability that left him with nerve damage from his shoulder down through his arm to hands.

Oh, I'm aware. But people didn't start calling him "the Claw" until after it was discovered that his injured hand made him drop the ball all the time. He sucked. Too bad Shanahan didn't do a little research before the draft.

pricejj
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Yes.

Exhibit A: Joe Mays
Exhibit B: JMFW now calls himself JMFW

Requiem
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh, I'm aware. But people didn't start calling him "the Claw" until after it was discovered that his injured hand made him drop the ball all the time. He sucked. Too bad Shanahan didn't do a little research before the draft.

forgive me for being precognitive in my assumtpion that derek was a trailer park hero. you guys are riiduclous!

JCMElway
08-10-2012, 05:13 PM
no injuries in the game

THIS

scorpio
08-10-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.lifeormeth.com/communities/8/004/004/672/388/images/4514548023.jpg

3rd down on the left got hotter. Just sayin.

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 05:36 PM
3rd down on the left got hotter. Just sayin.

That one in the upper right? There's nothing left in that cabeza.

hambone13
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM

If you were watching the Denver broadcast you would have seen and heard Ed McCaffrey call him elite.

hambone13
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM

The way I took it from the beginning had nothing to do with the original thread and the picture. I just assumed it was he was "meth-like" high on football because of his motor. Meaning, he has a meth-like intensity without the drug, he's just that fired up.

I think it's a great nickname. All of you Sallys need to leave it alone.

barryr
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
With as many Bronco players who have had troubles with the law the last several seasons, some are down with calling a rookie Bronco player a "meth head." Great stuff here folks.

Requiem
08-10-2012, 08:22 PM
The way I took it from the beginning had nothing to do with the original thread and the picture. I just assumed it was he was "meth-like" high on football because of his motor. Meaning, he has a meth-like intensity without the drug, he's just that fired up.

I think it's a great nickname. All of you Sallys need to leave it alone.

Hey thanks a lot man. Sometimes **** just clicks for me. :) I hope you're ready for this season! BIG TIME WINS!