PDA

View Full Version : Who or what will you be paying the most attention to tonight ?

Quoydogs
08-09-2012, 07:55 AM
?? So excited I might piss my self....

I can't believe I'm going to say that I'm more worried about out L.B. core then our D-line. I can't remember the last time out D-line was not my worst worry.

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 07:57 AM
The OL.........

Punisher
08-09-2012, 07:59 AM
The Machine

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-09-2012, 07:59 AM
OL and Linebackers for me too. Will be curious to see how our RBs fare after Willis.

baja
08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm not going to lie, I;m gonna watch Manning the most. And so are you. ;D

peacepipe
eh,payton,oswieller & defense, run defense to be more specific. steelers will be a good test for that.

scorpio
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/BROCKOSWEILER6_22150.JPG

SonOfLe-loLang
Since our starters will barely play, ill go with Osweiler

missingnumber7
08-09-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm excited to see the rookies and especially Osweiler.

But the thing I don't want to miss is the first offensive drive.

Rohirrim
Peyton. Obviously.

Quoydogs
Kinda excited for Oswieller as well. After all the good talk it would be nice to see a walk on probowl QB when Manning is done.

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 08:08 AM
My Broncos beer mug. God help Mrs Bean if I ever see the bottom of that damn thing.

Stagger Lee
08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Obviously I will be waiting with great anticipation for Raider9175's report on Peyton Manning.

Kaylore
08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Methwolfe

Stagger Lee
08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
My Broncos beer mug. God help Mrs Bean if I ever see the bottom of that damn thing.

LOL

baja
08-09-2012, 08:11 AM

God help you if Mrs. Bean sees this post

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL

Raider9175
08-09-2012, 08:15 AM
?? So excited I might piss my self....

I can't believe I'm going to say that I'm more worried about out L.B. core then our D-line. I can't remember the last time out D-line was not my worst worry.

I will be paying attention to the neck and the arm tonight. Who else? Peyton manning.

Also I will be paying attention to Ryan Clady versus Julius Peppers . It could be over before it even starts.

Jay3
08-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Caleb Hanie. I'm excited that they brought him in, because I can totally see the purpose of it.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Manning, oline and pretty much all of the defense.

Requiem
08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Will this be aired on NFL Network? Locally on CBS we're getting the Packers/Chargers game -- and according to the digital cable provider in town, the games on NFLN are to be decided. . . Either way, I hope I can find a stream. What I am looking forward to:

(1) Even if it is just for a series, I'm excited to see what Manning does with the offense. I seriously haven't been this giddy for an opening day in YEARS.

(2) Rookies, in particular MethWolfe, Hillman (if he plays), Jackson and Trevethan.

(3) Defensive looks with JDR as our coach.

(4) How our cornerbacks go up against Marshall and Jeffrey -- two giants at WR.

(5) Tight End play.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
The OL.........

This.

JLesSPE
08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I'll be paying attention to everything! I'm so excited football is back, I don't care if it's 4 quarters of PS vs PS. Preseason game 3 is where I'll be focusing on certain aspects of the team.

Raider9175
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Will this be aired on NFL Network? Locally on CBS we're getting the Packers/Chargers game -- and according to the digital cable provider in town, the games on NFLN are to be decided. . . Either way, I hope I can find a stream. What I am looking forward to:

(1) Even if it is just for a series, I'm excited to see what Manning does with the offense. I seriously haven't been this giddy for an opening day in YEARS.

(2) Rookies, in particular MethWolfe, Hillman (if he plays), Jackson and Trevethan.

(5) Tight End play.
Pay for the NFl preseason package on Nfl.com . You cheapskate.

peacepipe
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM

(5) Tight End play.On NFLN will air the game in its entirety at midnight & tomorrow at 10AM .

Jekyll15Hyde
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
LB depth

baja
08-09-2012, 08:37 AM
On NFLN will air the game in its entirety at midnight & tomorrow at 10AM .

Eastern daylight time

bronco militia
08-09-2012, 08:38 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image004.gif

baja
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
where's the camel toe?

pricejj
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Offense:
1. Peyton Manning - first game as a Bronco!
2. OL - can they protect Manning, can they create holes in the run game?
3. Offensive gameplan - are they going to come out with lots of various formations (like the scrimmage)? Primarily single-back set?
3. Jacob Tamme - how much of a mismatch is he? Gonna be fun to watch he and Manning working together.
4. DT and Eric Decker - how much have their games been elevated with all the time they have put in?
5. Joel Dreessen - can he block effectively at a lighter weight?
6. Andre Caldwell - how much has his game improved from Cincinnati? Does he run better routes? Does he fight for the ball and catch it everytime?
7. Ronnie Hillman - hope he gets some touches, is he going to be a big factor this season?
8. Brock Osweiler - is he good, and are his flaws fixable, or does he suck?
9. Brandon Stokely - is it worth it to keep him over Gerell Robinson?
10. Gerell Robinson - he will play a lot, if he breaks out (like he has in training camp), the Broncos have to put him on the final roster, don't they?

Defense:
1. Ty Warren - can he and big Vick shut down the middle?
2. WW3 - can this guy effectively replace D.J.?
3. Tracy Porter and Drayton Florence - is Porter a quality starter? Can Florence play nickle effectively? Is Harris the dime CB?
4. Mike Adams and Rahim Moore - are they effective at getting in proper position and putting a lid on the Defense?
5. Derek Wolfe - what kind of moves/strength does this guy have? Is he a beast? What is his role?
6. Jason Hunter - is his newfound success for real, or just camp flashes?
7. Robert Ayers - how does he respond to his new role?
8. Danny Trevathan - is he ready to play in the NFL? Is he too small? Does he give up too much yardage?
9. Mitch Unrein and Sealver Siliga - Which one makes the final roster?
10. Omar Bolden - is he good, or does he give up too many big plays?

Special Teams:
1. Matt Prater - this guy's inconsistency scares me, can he pull it together?
2. Punt Returner - Can Syd'quan do anything while we wait to see what Leonhard has in the return game?

errand
08-09-2012, 08:59 AM
It could be over before it even starts.

Like the last 10 Raider seasons?

errand
08-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Caleb Hanie. I'm excited that they brought him in, because I can totally see the purpose of it.

Quit lying...we know you and Beavis have got your DVR set for tomorrow's Jets game....that's the only back-up QB you care about

Marshall Dumervil
08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
DL and rookies for me.

The wait for tonight is killing me.

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=356495&bbat=38735&inline&fullsize

ludo21
08-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Manning...

but since its the first game, mostly the backups will play.... im actually excited to see Wolfe in action

Greatspirits
08-09-2012, 09:31 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Girls-and-footballs-12-150x150.jpg (http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/09/07/sexy-football-girls-gallery/girls-and-footballs-12/)

I'll be watching at the D and O lines, if we're going to have any success this year it'll start with those two.

errand
08-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Bannan and Carter didn't make the trip, hillman isn't expected to play...Manning expected to play 10-12 snaps, Elway says Manning's success is going to be due to how well OL plays....Kuper won't play....at least that's what these guys say -

http://denver.sbnation.com/2012/8/9/3228568/broncos-bears-2012-preseason-schedule-tv-time-injury-updates

If you wanna watch the game NFL.com offers Preseason Live package for $20 ....watch on your cpu or tablet.

Quoydogs
08-09-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Girls-and-footballs-12-150x150.jpg (http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/09/07/sexy-football-girls-gallery/girls-and-footballs-12/)

I'll be watching at the D and O lines, if we're going to have and success this year it'll start with those two.

As long as we stay healthy I think our D-line will be fine to great this year. It's our OL and LB corp. that worries me.

Greatspirits
08-09-2012, 09:37 AM
As long as we stay healthy I think our D-line will be fine to great this year. It's our OL and LB corp. that worries me.

Yeah, I do feel more comfortable with our D-line, but the O-line will need to step it for sure.

DENVERDUI55
08-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy. I don't think we will be able to get much out of this game. I guarantee someone here will blow their top and overreact to tonights game. I just want to enjoy PM and Hope the OL can do their job.

BowlenBall
08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Offense:
1. Peyton Manning - first game as a Bronco!
2. OL - can they protect Manning, can they create holes in the run game?
3. Offensive gameplan - are they going to come out with lots of various formations (like the scrimmage)? Primarily single-back set?
3. Jacob Tamme - how much of a mismatch is he? Gonna be fun to watch he and Manning working together.
4. DT and Eric Decker - how much have their games been elevated with all the time they have put in?
5. Joel Dreessen - can he block effectively at a lighter weight?
6. Andre Caldwell - how much has his game improved from Cincinnati? Does he run better routes? Does he fight for the ball and catch it everytime?
7. Ronnie Hillman - hope he gets some touches, is he going to be a big factor this season?
8. Brock Osweiler - is he good, and are his flaws fixable, or does he suck?
9. Brandon Stokely - is it worth it to keep him over Gerell Robinson?
10. Gerell Robinson - he will play a lot, if he breaks out (like he has in training camp), the Broncos have to put him on the final roster, don't they?

Defense:
1. Ty Warren - can he and big Vick shut down the middle?
2. WW3 - can this guy effectively replace D.J.?
3. Tracy Porter and Drayton Florence - is Porter a quality starter? Can Florence play nickle effectively? Is Harris the dime CB?
4. Mike Adams and Rahim Moore - are they effective at getting in proper position and putting a lid on the Defense?
5. Derek Wolfe - what kind of moves/strength does this guy have? Is he a beast? What is his role?
6. Jason Hunter - is his newfound success for real, or just camp flashes?
7. Robert Ayers - how does he respond to his new role?
8. Danny Trevathan - is he ready to play in the NFL? Is he too small? Does he give up too much yardage?
9. Mitch Unrein and Sealver Siliga - Which one makes the final roster?
10. Omar Bolden - is he good, or does he give up too many big plays?

Special Teams:
1. Matt Prater - this guy's inconsistency scares me, can he pull it together?
2. Punt Returner - Can Syd'quan do anything while we wait to see what Leonhard has in the return game?

And what about Naomi?

baja
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
My only hope for this game is no injuries.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 10:03 AM
And what about Naomi?

LOL

You're right, it would be better to just sit back and enjoy the game. :sunshine:

errand
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM
My only hope for this game is no injuries.

Especially this ^

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I want to see how Prater kicks after getting coin.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Hillman is someone I want to see.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm looking for Peyton to pull that great snl thing on Cutler tonight.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
also interested in the new faces on DL like Wolfe, Jackson (based on Khan's report), and to see if Garland even has a chance

cmhargrove
08-09-2012, 10:41 AM
The story of this season will be protecting our $18 million dollar investment. Give him adequate time, and this will be an exciting season. A big jump by the defense could even put us in the top 3 teams in the AFC.

I think we can all agree that if the O-line lets Manning get hurt, watching Hanie take the helm will be one of the most painful years in Broncos history.

Smiling Assassin27
08-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Renee Herlocker

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm not going to lie, I;m gonna watch Manning the most. And so are you. ;D

I agree. Part of me wants to see him get hit. I would prefer it if he is one hit away from being done that it happens now so we can start prepping Osweiler

errand
08-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I agree. Part of me wants to see him get hit. I would prefer it if he is one hit away from being done that it happens now so we can start prepping Osweiler

Wow....ok.

I think the only thing that'll be an issue isn't Manning getting hurt as much as how fast his body heals after taking a few shots....

pricejj
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I can guarantee you, if Manning get's hit tonight from a f-up by Beadles, Walton, or Franklin, this board will probably shut down.

Ziggy
08-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll be watching the Broncos 2 achille's heels. The starting interior Oline, and the linebackers not named Von Miller.

Raider9175
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy. I don't think we will be able to get much out of this game. I guarantee someone here will blow their top and overreact to tonights game. I just want to enjoy PM and Hope the OL can do their job.

You're so full, of shi-. I don't care if Peyton Manning looks like crap. He Peyton manning and he a first ballot hall of famer- with another team.
L O S E R.

Mediator12
08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Defensive Scheme. I am pretty familiar with JAX scheme under Del Rio, but he is going to have to adapt it to DEN's personnel and actually having a real pass rush. Even though most teams try to play Vanilla scheme in the preseason, DEN will not have that option rolling out a new scheme with a smaller offseason. Also, Defenses have brought out more than offenses in the preseason the last 2 years.

Offensive scheme. This is NOWHERE near DEN's offense from last year, but it will also not be solely INDY's which I can recite in my sleep. There will be some NEW stuff DEN fans are not used to seeing, including no huddle, audibles, and sight adjustments in the passing games for the receivers.

Finally, watch the physicality of this team. DEN has not been physical on either side of the ball forever. I want to see how the players matchup physically in this new era of size and speed. Will Size and power overcome speed and quickness for DEN? Or, will they finally get a solid balance of Both?

Quoydogs
08-09-2012, 11:26 AM
You're so full, of shi-. I don't care if Peyton Manning looks like crap. He Peyton manning and he a first ballot hall of famer- with another team.
L O S E R.

As normal with Raiders fans I can't understand you. What the hell are you trying to say ? and how does it apply to the poster you quoted ?

Quoydogs
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Defensive Scheme. I am pretty familiar with JAX scheme under Del Rio, but he is going to have to adapt it to DEN's personnel and actually having a real pass rush. Even though most teams try to play Vanilla scheme in the preseason, DEN will not have that option rolling out a new scheme with a smaller offseason. Also, Defenses have brought out more than offenses in the preseason the last 2 years.

Offensive scheme. This is NOWHERE near DEN's offense from last year, but it will also not be solely INDY's which I can recite in my sleep. There will be some NEW stuff DEN fans are not used to seeing, including no huddle, audibles, and sight adjustments in the passing games for the receivers.

Finally, watch the physicality of this team. DEN has not been physical on either side of the ball forever. I want to see how the players matchup physically in this new era of size and speed. Will Size and power overcome speed and quickness for DEN? Or, will they finally get a solid balance of Both?

Our D has had moments of greatness the last few years. I remember playing the Jets last year. Von went all crazy on the Dirty Sanchez . He was so scared he looked as though he crapped himself. I think they showed last year they are physical and have just been under coached.

as for the rest I agree.

cutthemdown
08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I will be watching everything but seeing a good looking interior dline, and maybe a big play from Warren would make me all warm inside.

cutthemdown
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
L O S E R.

I would think Raider fans would feel different considering some of your best years came with a QB who was older and castoff from other team. Jim Plunkett.

Then not to mention your current QB in not much of a different situation. Long lay off from football, had a big injury etc etc. The main difference being Palmer has never played up to Mannings level.

cutthemdown
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I can guarantee you, if Manning get's hit tonight from a f-up by Beadles, Walton, or Franklin, this board will probably shut down.

Why only them. If Clady let a guy run by and kill manning I would be just as upset. Really though its run blocking i am worried about. Manning will be getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds. Almost impossible to sack.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-09-2012, 11:50 AM
From a KC Joyner article today:

Peyton Manning (javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning')), Denver Broncos (javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos'))
ADP: 41.4 (ranked 8th)

Manning couldn't be listed with the above picks because his current ADP of 41.4 is generally considered to be a good risk/reward investment level for him.

Having said that, in the most recent ESPN experts' 10-team mock draft (http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=417621), Manning lasted until the end of the eighth round when Team Karabell picked him.

The likely reason he was passed over for so many rounds is a combination of two factors -- the depth of quality quarterbacks in the draft and the recurring concerns over his arm strength. The reports coming out of Denver have basically all had the same theme: Manning is in many ways back to his old form, with the exception of long passes. He still has to prove he can have a bigger impact in the vertical game than he did in his last full NFL season, when he posted a 9.7 vertical YPA that ranked 26th in the league.

Am I a tard, or have i not seen many around denver question this?

24champ
08-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Bolded is what I am looking forward to watching Manning tonight for 1-2 series. The audibles he calls are frustrating/confusing, as we know since we were on the receiving end of his beat downs.

Raider9175
08-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I would think Raider fans would feel different considering some of your best years came with a QB who was older and castoff from other team. Jim Plunkett.

Then not to mention your current QB in not much of a different situation. Long lay off from football, had a big injury etc etc. The main difference being Palmer has never played up to Mannings level.

Again where did I have a problem with Peyton Manning age. I was talking about his age and four pretty serious neck surgeries . Big Difference.

Did Carson Palmer miss the whole season in 2011. Did he have any arm surgeries ??? The answer is no.
Carson Palmer demonstrated last year his arm is 100% healthy. Now honestly can you say Peyton manning has proved his arm is 100% healthy.

No One knows.

gunns
08-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll be watching the Broncos 2 achille's heels. The starting interior Oline, and the linebackers not named Von Miller.

I do believe the DL and safeties have been the achilles heel much longer and that's what I will be watching.

gunns
08-09-2012, 12:01 PM
L O S E R.

You smack of jealousy......and being a Raider fan. I don't know which is worse.....yes I do. :raidersux

Quoydogs
08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I do believe the DL and safeties have been the achilles heel much longer and that's what I will be watching.

Was it that the safeties were that bad or was the D line so bad they made them look that way?

Taco John
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely interested in seeing Peyton Manning - goes without saying.

I'm very curious what our running game is going to look like this year.

Aside from that, I'm worried about our secondary, and am very interested to see what it looks like in action.

Gort
08-09-2012, 12:44 PM
maybe just for grins, Peyton will come out for the first play and line up in the spread option, just to confound the D. of course he could audible back to a normal set immediately, but it would be funny... at least i would laugh. :D

this much i expect... it's going to be a sloppy game. very few downs for the 1st stringers. lots of screw-ups from the 2nd and 3rd stringers. very vanilla in terms of looks and schemes. i think for Manning's snaps, we probably don't run the ball at all (what's the point?). maybe we run it if it's 3rd and 1, but that's about it. there's really not much to be seen in the 1st preseason game that's relevant to how this team will look come opening day anyway.

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
maybe just for grins, Peyton will come out for the first play and line up in the spread option, just to confound the D.

Line him up at WR.

DENVERDUI55
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Again where did I have a problem with Peyton Manning age. I was talking about his age and four pretty serious neck surgeries . Big Difference.

Did Carson Palmer miss the whole season in 2011. Did he have any arm surgeries ??? The answer is no.
Carson Palmer demonstrated last year his arm is 100% healthy. Now honestly can you say Peyton manning has proved his arm is 100% healthy.

No One knows.

Your quoted post of mine made no sense but that is what I expect out of a Raider fan. Where did I say anything about Carson Palmer in this thread? Since you want to bring him up you are right he is still Palmer throwing INT's and specializing in pick 6's. He had 2 good years with Cinncinatti and that was it. He lead his team to a 4-12 record and was replaced by a rookie who lead the team to the playoffs. Palmer missed a few games last year and was up there near the top in INT's thrown. Wasn't Oakland a couple games ahead in 1st when he took over? Now tell us about the greatest show on grass out in Oakland again? It's a great idea in your head just no way it can happen without a franchise QB. Oh yeah no teams were interested in Palmer when he was on the trade market. Manning drew a lot more attention despite 4 surgeries.

baja
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
What stokes me is we get to watch the Broncos play this week and almost every week for the next 23 weeks.

Gort
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Your quoted post of mine made no sense but that is what I expect out of a Raider fan. Where did I say anything about Carson Palmer in this thread? Since you want to bring him up you are right he is still Palmer throwing INT's and specializing in pick 6's. He had 2 good years with Cinncinatti and that was it. He lead his team to a 4-12 record and was replaced by a rookie who lead the team to the playoffs. Palmer missed a few games last year and was up there near the top in INT's thrown. Wasn't Oakland a couple games ahead in 1st when he took over? Now tell us about the greatest show on grass out in Oakland again? It's a great idea in your head just no way it can happen without a franchise QB. Oh yeah no teams were interested in Palmer when he was on the trade market. Manning drew a lot more attention despite 4 surgeries.

Raiders fans... they be stylin'!

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bad-haircut-17.jpg

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bad-haircut-7.jpg

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bad-haircut-5.jpg

pricejj
08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Why only them. If Clady let a guy run by and kill manning I would be just as upset. Really though its run blocking i am worried about. Manning will be getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds. Almost impossible to sack.

1. Ryan Clady should be playing LT for the Broncos for a long time. He is a proven LT, and I don't anticipate the same (holding) issues that we saw last year.

2. Zane Beadles has all the tools to be a good LG, but needs to improve dramatically. This is his 3rd year, time to take off the roller skates. I think he can improve to the point of being a solid LG.

3. J.D. Walton has been ragdolled throughout camp by several different Defensive Lineman, and doesn't even call out OL plays. Shift Chris Kuper to Center before the season starts, or Manning might die.

4. Orlando Franklin would be an elite RG, why the coaching staff refuses to play him at RG is difficult to understand.

5. Ryan Harris is the best RT we have (if healthy). Franklin's slow feet, left Tebow bleeding internally after the playoff game against the Patriots.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Manning will be getting rid of the ball in under 3 seconds. Almost impossible to sack.

Pass protection broke down several times during the scrimmage...granted ManRam and Chris Clark we're playing, but still...it was pretty pathetic.

Irish Stout
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Shift Chris Kuper to Center before the season starts, or Manning might die.

4. Orlando Franklin would be an elite RG, why the coaching staff refuses to play him at RG is difficult to understand.

5. Ryan Harris is the best RT we have (if healthy). Franklin's slow feet, left Tebow bleeding internally after the playoff game against the Patriots.

I like this. I think it immediately improves the line by a lot.

broncolife
08-09-2012, 02:01 PM

Me too. It give our offense players some practice tackling:)

Rohirrim
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Right now I'm paying attention to the two racks of ribs I'm slow cooking on the Q. ;D

Doggcow
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Ronnie Hillman. I expect big things.

Raider9175
08-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Okay show me where no team was interested in acquiring Carson Palmer.(you don't know that and are just making something up- Do you work in the OBama administration ) The fact is Bengals was dead set against trading Carson Palmer under any any circumstances. Hue Jackson who had a good relationship with the Bengals owner is the only reason he even thought of trading him. ( a fact)

Lets see who put up better numbers in 2012 Peyton manning or Carson Palmer. Palmer has way more weapons, the better oline and an offensive system very Qb friendly.

You have a has been who once was the best Qb in the league. Too bad that player long gone .

SonOfLe-loLang
08-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Okay show me where no team was interested in acquiring Carson Palmer.(you don't know that and are just making something up- Do you work in the OBama administration ) The fact is Bengals was dead set against trading Carson Palmer under any any circumstances. Hue Jackson who had a good relationship with the Bengals owner is the only reason he even thought of trading him. ( a fact)

Lets see who put up better numbers in 2012 Peyton manning or Carson Palmer. Palmer has way more weapons, the better oline and an offensive system very Qb friendly.

You have a has been who once was the best Qb in the league. Too bad that player long gone .

He's a republican! SHOCKER

And apprantely our system isnt "QB friendly" even though our QB basically implemented this new offense.

Greatspirits
08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Ronnie Hillman. I expect big things.

I heard Hillman won't play. I was looking forward to seeing him too!

Bacchus
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Champ VS Marshall/Cutler..... Bring it on punks!!!!!!

Crushaholic
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I will be looking at the Bears cheerleaders. Oh, wait...:flush:

Marshall Dumervil
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I heard Hillman won't play. I was looking forward to seeing him too!

Say whaa?

Why not? I wanted to see him too.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Say whaa?

Why not? I wanted to see him too.

Hillman's a gametime....hammy

Taco John
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Right now I'm paying attention to the two racks of ribs I'm slow cooking on the Q. ;D

I"ve got a pork butt in my smoker right now for shredded pork sandwhiches tonight, and then enchiladas on Saturday... :wave:

Beej
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM

QB friendly? Bucky Brooks is reporting that Palmer is struggling with Knapp's system.

3. Carson Palmer is still trying to find his groove in Greg Knapp's offense. The Raiders are hoping their veteran quarterback can regain his Pro Bowl form under a new offensive coordinator. Part of that optimism is fueled by the implementation of Knapp's West Coast system that involves more quick, rhythm throws from the pocket. Palmer played in a variation of this scheme during his time at USC, but he is still struggling to master various parts of the offense in Oakland. He has been inefficient with some of the movement-based passing concepts in the playbook. Some difficulty was to be expected, given his limited athleticism, but Palmer's struggles with bootlegs could be a significant problem, due to their importance to the running game. (If he is not able to complete a high percentage of passes on the move, opponents will not respect the bootleg component of the Raiders' offense, making it tougher to run against loaded fronts.) Palmer has also had problems with his anticipation on timing routes. He repeatedly delivered the ball late to receivers coming out of their breaks, leading to a couple of blow-ups by defensive backs. If the Raiders are finally going to end their nine-year playoff drought in 2012, Palmer must quickly master the critical elements of Knapp's offense over the final four weeks of the preseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000047362/article/oakland-raiders-training-camp-darren-mcfadden-ready-to-run

Bacchus
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I"ve got a pork butt in my smoker right now for shredded pork sandwhiches tonight, and then enchiladas on Saturday... :wave:

That's funny Raider9175 has his smoker in a butt pork.

Irish Stout
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM

And what is your address again? I'll be by around 7pm tonight and I'm free all day Saturday.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM

Bengals aren't stupid. You put up that much for Palmer and they would do it. Hue gave them way too much. Had nothing to do with their unique relationship.
In fact, the bengals abused Hue. Stuck it in with no lube. Got him fired for trading away several picks

And as far as who was better in 2012? That's showing your true IQ. Palmer lost more games had more incompletes and way more ints.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Myself, I'll try to pay attention to most everything. This is pretty much a brand new team compared to two years ago.

DarkHorse
08-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Gonna pay attention to the lack of RB depth that we currently have. Is Hillman even playing tonight?

Middle LB, starting S play will be interesting.

Perhaps we'll actually get to see Adam Weber finally? Hopefully we cut Hanie by Halftime.

Rohirrim
08-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Shredded pork enchiladas... oh, man. :P

Jay3
08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
As normal with Raiders fans I can't understand you. What the hell are you trying to say ? and how does it apply to the poster you quoted ?

He Peyton Manning!

TheReverend
08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Bolden's my #1 priority, Moore and Carter are next.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Bolden's my #1 priority, Moore and Carter are next.

Ya bolden should be fun to watch. I think he'll surprise as long as he stays healthy.

DarkHorse
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Gerrell (?) Robinson - kid is a stud!

baja
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM

So you'd have us believe that the owner was dead set against trading Palmer but because a guy he likes called him about acquiring Palmer he said, "I like you Hue so ya why not."

Ya that happens all the time. Owners make moves to the determent of their team to be nice.