PDA

View Full Version : the fantastic duo...

tsiguy96
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--bears-brandon-marshall--jay-cutler-look-to-finish-what-they-started-before-josh-mcdaniels.html

interesting article, check it out.

tsiguy96
08-08-2012, 08:51 PM
also interesting since we play them tomorrow, but:

WR Brandon Marshall @ChicagoBears tells us the only guy he doesn't like to face is Champ Bailey @SiriusXMNFL

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Josh McDaniels set us back 5 years. I can't believe posters ^ backed him. ;)

tsiguy96
08-08-2012, 09:07 PM
:D

he did some things right, and at the end of the day we have peyton manning and 2 stud WR without off field issues on this team only 3 years after he left.

pricejj
08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks tsiguy! Even more reason to hate McDaniels:

1. Was trying to write up Marshall before he even did anything detrimental to the team (before the punting incident).
2. The only contract McDaniels made, put an (impossible) escalator of "4 rushing touchdowns". Of course BMarsh wouldn't sign it.

McDaniels=major douche (as if we didn't know already)

That ****er purposely destroyed the Broncos. Hopefully we kick the **** out of the Patriots this year...repeatedly.

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 09:11 PM

he did some things right, and at the end of the day we have peyton manning and 2 stud WR without off field issues on this team only 3 years after he left.

Um not just last year Thomas was in court with Cox for that little rape deal.

8 picks in the first two rounds in two years and we have ONE good player out of it. McD did nothing right! Thank god for Elway. :P

SoCalBronco
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Studs!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Mcdummy would've let champ walk.

tsiguy96
08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Um not just last year Thomas was in court with Cox for that little rape deal.

8 picks in the first two rounds in two years and we have ONE good player out of it. McD did nothing right! Thank god for Elway. :P

i was gonna say something about he drafted well, but really thinking about it, outside of decker and thomas, and arguably tebow (was a hell of a fun season to watch) there really wasnt much. quinn, smith, moreno etc, damn.

Mogulseeker
08-08-2012, 09:31 PM
i was gonna say something about he drafted well, but really thinking about it, outside of decker and thomas, and arguably tebow (was a hell of a fun season to watch) there really wasnt much. quinn, smith, moreno etc, damn.

Moreno still might be a decent change-of-pace guy. Same with Ayers. But, you're mostly right.

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Beadles and Walton are not much to write home about either. I would say Ayers could be good but so far things don't sound well for him this off season.

SoCalBronco
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
McD completely and utterly raped this team. I will always rue the day when the old man, in his seemingly infinite stream of stupidity, decided to get rid of Shanny in favor of that douchebag.

pricejj
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
McD completely and utterly raped this team. I will always rue the day when the old man, in his seemingly infinite stream of stupidity, decided to get rid of Shanny in favor of that douchebag.

amen

baja
08-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Mcdummy would've let champ walk.

I wonder who it was that pulled the contract extension for Champ off the table, the contract Champ was planning to sign.

I thought about dumping football that week.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I wonder who it was that pulled the contract extension for Champ off the table, the contract Champ was planning to sign.

I thought about dumping football that week.

Ya that wasn't good times for sure. Typical McD behavior.

Wes Mantooth
08-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Aside from the obvious about McDaniels, I still think it was right to part ways with Marshall. He was and always will be trouble.

baja
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Aside from the obvious about McDaniels, I still think it was right to part ways with Marshall. He was and always will be trouble.

I'm glad he ran Cutler off too.

Wes Mantooth
08-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm glad he ran Cutler off too.

that one is still painful. Marshall however is a train wreck.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM

It was just hard to swallow cause there were so many holes on the team to fill back then and we had to add WR to that list. Hes still a great player and I'm interested to see how he does with a QB that isn't a dolphin. One he knows.

BroncoMan4ever
08-08-2012, 10:03 PM

I loved Shanny but his time had come to move on. I seem to remember someone like Walsh or Cowher, someone of a high level of talent saying that at around a decade a coach needs to move on or his message becomes stale and the team falls apart

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
It's crazy how much this organization has gone through over last few years. So many twists and turns. And now on the eve of the peyton era. I can't wait!

Miss I.
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Crap, Cutler has offensive weapons again, damn it. I am thinking the Bears are going to try to kick our ass when we play them. Please don't break Peyton Manning you bastards. Though honestly Cutler looked good even without Marshall the woman beating douchebag. I saw him in London, the kid looked good even while he was scrambling to avoid being killed. His o line sucked.

And did you see, now Jayby has a baby. Good on him and his reality star girl.

Wes Mantooth
08-08-2012, 10:07 PM
It was just hard to swallow cause there were so many holes on the team to fill back then and we had to add WR to that list. Hes still a great player and I'm interested to see how he does with a QB that isn't a dolphin. One he knows.

don't get me wrong. He is an amazing talent. His off the field issues including the very disturbing relationships, almost losing his arm, etc... Are all near misses that could have got him killed or in prison. glad we got value out of him before the next incident.

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM

He will always have some chick trying to make crap up you mean.

Wes Mantooth
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Ever see that outside the lines on him? . Dude is unstable.

24champ
08-08-2012, 10:32 PM

I'll concede that McD had issues relating to players, but at the same time he was dealing with a country club culture that Shanny left behind and wanted to erase that.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Moreno still might be a decent change-of-pace guy. Same with Ayers. But, you're mostly right.

If you mean Moreno going from injured to a change of pace of being activated for a game and be productive then yeah it might work out.

Wes Mantooth
08-08-2012, 10:37 PM
If you mean Moreno going from injured to a change of pace of being activated for a game and be productive then yeah it might work out.

never going to happen. What a horrible pick.

Kaylore
08-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Studs!

No. You want to love Jay, I've got no problem with that. Marshall is a horrible person, though. Like slime of humanity bad. The stuff he had done, and I'm not talking about stuff he's been caught doing, is inexcusable. He is not a "stud" he's a creep.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I'll concede that McD had issues relating to players, but at the same time he was dealing with a country club culture that Shanny left behind and wanted to erase that.

He sure did. We went from "country club" to the poor house at 4 -12. Not excusing Shanny at all but the excuses for McD are bad in themselves.

Archer81
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I'd hate to be some of you guys' exes.

****. Let it go.

:Broncos:

24champ
08-08-2012, 11:24 PM
No. You want to love Jay, I've got no problem with that. Marshall is a horrible person, though. Like slime of humanity bad. The stuff he had done, and I'm not talking about stuff he's been caught doing, is inexcusable. He is not a "stud" he's a creep.

From what I read in that article, it looks like Marshall hasn't grown up at all.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2012, 10:31 AM

broken record is broken

Crushaholic
08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Thomas has the size to be the same type of matchup problem that Marshall presented. He just needs to stay healthy...:tearhair:

Requiem
08-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I miss those guys.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I miss those guys.

I got 3 letters for ya.

P.F.M.

Requiem
08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I got 3 letters for ya.

P.F.M.

In a round about way, that is the long and short of it. It's quite possible, and very likely, that Bey-Bey and Decker with Manning at QB would be better for the success of this club than Cutler, Marshall + (Whoever).

That being said, I think Cutler and Marshall would have continued to progress under Shanahan and put up some great numbers. However, Mike was shown the door, McDaniels (who I was excited about) took a dookie on Dove Valley and then came John Fox.

Overall, I just want the QB carousel in Denver to end. Too many turds have went through the wash since Elway retired. It has gotten old.

Gort
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I loved Shanny but his time had come to move on. I seem to remember someone like Walsh or Cowher, someone of a high level of talent saying that at around a decade a coach needs to move on or his message becomes stale and the team falls apart

ruh roh! you just made his list! Shanny never forgives and Shanny never forgets!!

http://mit.zenfs.com/209/2011/11/yahoo_angry_shanahan.jpg

SoCalBronco
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
broken record is broken

I'd gladly stop talking about it......so long as those responsible within the organization are willing to finally pay the price for their actions and omissions.

pricejj
08-09-2012, 11:38 AM
In a round about way, that is the long and short of it. It's quite possible, and very likely, that Bey-Bey and Decker with Manning at QB would be better for the success of this club than Cutler, Marshall + (Whoever).

That being said, I think Cutler and Marshall would have continued to progress under Shanahan and put up some great numbers. However, Mike was shown the door, McDaniels (who I was excited about) took a dookie on Dove Valley and then came John Fox.

Overall, I just want the QB carousel in Denver to end. Too many turds have went through the wash since Elway retired. It has gotten old.

I loved Cutler and Marshall, but it just wasn't working at a high level back then. Marshall's contract demands are too big, and he is certified crazy, causing trouble everywhere he goes. Cutler is freaking good man. He's in the prime of his career now. The Bears were always his favorite team, so I'm glad he's happy.

If we can get a SB out of this, then it will all be worth it. :sunshine:

cutthemdown
08-09-2012, 11:50 AM

This is is for Shanny also. If he can't win with his new QB, and that trade doesn't work out, he pretty much proves it was Elway, Steve Young that made him a mastermind.

Also IMO I feel Shanny would have stuck us with his son Kyle. Sorry but he isn't NFL caliber IMO.

SleepingTiger
08-09-2012, 12:05 PM

wow, you make it sound like McD was great coach who was misunderstood. The guy is a douche. I've been a Broncos fan since 84 and I can remember a time where they had so many 1st round draft picks. McD managed to screw them all up with maybe the exception of DT. Please someone name me one coach who came in and has done as much havoc as McD has? And if it wasn't for his firing and the hiring of Fox and Elway, we would have lost Champ. The guy freaking got fired mid season for cheating! WTF, and you're only conceding that he had issues relating to players.

i do think it was time for Shanny to go because he became arrogant. However, Bowlen knows it was the worst single move he has done since taking over the franchise when hiring McD. He could of hired a high school coach and this team would of been better off.

DBroncos4life
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Nothing fixes that like drafting ****ty players!

24champ
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
McD managed to screw them all up with maybe the exception of DT.

We all know McD wasn't hired to be the GM AND coach. Pat Bowlen explicitly said in the farewell to Shanny press conference that things were changing and he talked about taking some control back. That never happened. Joe Ellis was the one that pushed Shanny out the door, and purged the front office of Shanny's guys. Make no mistake, Ellis was the one that caused the mess. A guy with zero football experience was calling the shots at Dove Valley.

The guy freaking got fired mid season for cheating!

He got a slap on the wrist from the NFL for it.

Bowlen originally was going to keep him around until he changed his mind since he realized McDaniels had too much power. Which again, he stated wouldn't happen after Shanny was canned.

SoCalBronco
08-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Hopefully Joe Ellis can get fired....preferably for cause so he can be denied unemployment benefits.

Los Broncos
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
McD came in and tried to have the patriots way of thinking, **** that guy.

SleepingTiger
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
We all know McD wasn't hired to be the GM AND coach. Pat Bowlen explicitly said in the farewell to Shanny press conference that things were changing and he talked about taking some control back. That never happened. Joe Ellis was the one that pushed Shanny out the door, and purged the front office of Shanny's guys. Make no mistake, Ellis was the one that caused the mess. A guy with zero football experience was calling the shots at Dove Valley.

He got a slap on the wrist from the NFL for it.

Bowlen originally was going to keep him around until he changed his mind since he realized McDaniels had too much power. Which again, he stated wouldn't happen after Shanny was canned.

So we are blaming Ellis for all the front office moves and that McD was a scapegoat? From drafting Knowshow, Ayers, Tebow, trading away 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder? wasn't it McD who came out and said they had 30 something players on their draft board?

McD cheating was the last straw. Bowlen had enough of McD and was forced to fire him mid season. You don't get fired in the middle of the season from a head coaching position because the chief operating officer was screwing up. McD took a proud franchise that was on a verge of something special and turned it into crap.

24champ
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
So we are blaming Ellis for all the front office moves and that McD was a scapegoat? From drafting Knowshow, Ayers, Tebow, trading away 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder? wasn't it McD who came out and said they had 30 something players on their draft board?

Like I said, McD wasn't hired to be the GM. In fact, there are quotes from McD saying he wanted Goodman to stick around as the GM, he looked forward to working with him. I blame Ellis and Bowlen for that, they said they were going to change the power structure of the org and take back some of that power. Never happened.

McD cheating was the last straw. Bowlen had enough of McD and was forced to fire him mid season. You don't get fired in the middle of the season from a head coaching position because the chief operating officer was screwing up. McD took a proud franchise that was on a verge of something special and turned it into crap.

NFL gave him a slap on the wrist for that incident, and even Bowlen originally backed McD saying he was going to be the coach for the rest of the season and beyond in Bowlen's interview with AOL Fanhouse. It was the 4-14 run that caused Bowlen the most angst according to Woody Paige. McD's downfall was the fact there was no structure in place after Shanny was canned. It was chaos at Dove Valley and most of it due to Ellis, a guy with no football experience. I'd like to think the Broncos have corrected this problem, by bringing in Elway and changing the structure. Elway being on board renders Ellis useless on the football side of things.

Scarnecchia was fired, McDaniels said he never viewed the tape, and the league fined both McDaniels and the franchise $50,000 apiece.

- Pat Bowlen Bowlen said: "Josh had nothing to do with that. The former employee did it on his own. There was no direction from the head coach. Josh did not order it. We're absolutely positive this was done by the former employee on his own.

"I'm very happy with Josh. Josh is doing a good job. I wish he had a few more wins, but we've got five games to go. I've got 27 years in this business. The ball bounces funny and it doesn't always bounce your way. We've had bad breaks, injuries. I've been around football long enough to know this happens and it's a part of the game. We've still got a chance to make the playoffs. People have been in a position like ours and it's been done before.''

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/

Beantown Bronco
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Like I said, McD wasn't hired to be the GM. In fact, there are quotes from McD saying he wanted Goodman to stick around as the GM, he looked forward to working with him.

To be fair, McD said the EXACT same thing about working with Cutler when he first took the job.

2KBack
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
To be fair, McD said the EXACT same thing about working with Cutler when he first took the job.

I'm sure it was the truth at the time.

Of course, I was one of the few who never liked Cutler, so it worked out for me

24champ
08-09-2012, 02:20 PM

And it wasn't McD that ran Cutler out of town.

Bowlen called that one himself, due to the fact Cutler wouldn't return his calls. It all started when Mike got canned and Cutler felt entitled that Bates should stay...things unraveled from there.

Anyway, the fact that these two players are still yapping about how their days in Denver ended, says it all. Bowlen has moved on and so has McD.

SleepingTiger
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
McD came in and tried to have the patriots way of thinking, **** that guy.

Look at the way McD ran the Broncos and the way Belichick ran the Patriots? Any resemblance? I see a team getting great value in draft picks, superbowl contender every year, getting tons of respect of their peers. I see a team throwing a way draft picks and became a laughing stock of the NFL. If Belichick was to come to Denver and run it the patriots way, we all would all go crazy just like the Manning signing

pricejj
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Look at the way McD ran the Broncos and the way Belichick ran the Patriots? Any resemblance? I see a team getting great value in draft picks, superbowl contender every year, getting tons of respect of their peers. I see a team throwing a way draft picks and became a laughing stock of the NFL. If Belichick was to come to Denver and run it the patriots way, we all would all go crazy just like the Manning signing

**** McDaniels. **** Belicheat.

Play2win
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM

Thats how GOOD John Elway is :pimp:

SleepingTiger
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Scarnecchia was fired, McDaniels said he never viewed the tape, and the league fined both McDaniels and the franchise $50,000 apiece.

- Pat Bowlen Bowlen said: "Josh had nothing to do with that. The former employee did it on his own. There was no direction from the head coach. Josh did not order it. We're absolutely positive this was done by the former employee on his own.

"I'm very happy with Josh. Josh is doing a good job. I wish he had a few more wins, but we've got five games to go. I've got 27 years in this business. The ball bounces funny and it doesn't always bounce your way. We've had bad breaks, injuries. I've been around football long enough to know this happens and it's a part of the game. We've still got a chance to make the playoffs. People have been in a position like ours and it's been done before.''

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/

c'mon, do you honestly believe Bowlen would go out and say that McD was a cheating bastard after the NFL had slapped them on the wrist? really? ofcourse Bowlen would say that McD had nothing to do with it. imagined if Bowlen did say McD cheated, we are talking about loosing draft picks and millions of dollars. and we all know Bowlen wallet is full of dimes and nickles these days.

why would a former employee go out of his way to video tape another teams practice... so he can be in favor again? and if the NFL clearly found the Broncos were not guilty and this was caused by a former employee, why the $50k fine a piece? why the hell didn't the Broncos and McD not fight the fine? if they paid the fine, isn't that telling everyone your guilty?

Or maybe the NFL knew that McD cheated but couldn't prove it so they were forced to fine Bowlen and McD as a warning. Bowlen knew it and gladly paid the fine so the franchise can move on. McD paid it quickly so the NFL didn't have a reason to investigate him further.

Im very happy with Josh, but i gotta fire him?? c'mon, u believe those words?

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I'd gladly stop talking about it......so long as those responsible within the organization are willing to finally pay the price for their actions and omissions.

broken record is broke, broken record is shanafan.

24champ
08-09-2012, 03:28 PM
c'mon, do you honestly believe Bowlen would go out and say that McD was a cheating bastard after the NFL had slapped them on the wrist? really? ofcourse Bowlen would say that McD had nothing to do with it. imagined if Bowlen did say McD cheated, we are talking about loosing draft picks and millions of dollars. and we all know Bowlen wallet is full of dimes and nickles these days.

It was investigated by the NFL and they dinged McD and Broncos for 50k apiece. Which was nothing compared to what the Patriots/Belichick got dinged for. If Bowlen felt otherwise, he could have fired him right on the spot...but he stuck with McDaniels and defended him.

why would a former employee go out of his way to video tape another teams practice... so he can be in favor again? and if the NFL clearly found the Broncos were not guilty and this was caused by a former employee, why the $50k fine a piece? why the hell didn't the Broncos and McD not fight the fine? if they paid the fine, isn't that telling everyone your guilty?

He wasn't a former employee, he was a repeat offender and got canned by the Broncos right after this was discovered. The Broncos were fined because it happened under the org and McD's didn't report it soon enough.

That's not what Bowlen said.

Miss I.
08-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Or maybe the NFL knew that McD cheated but couldn't prove it so they were forced to fine Bowlen and McD as a warning. Bowlen knew it and gladly paid the fine so the franchise can move on. McD paid it quickly so the NFL didn't have a reason to investigate him further.

Well, having attended the Wembley game that he was accused of cheating at, if he actually looked at the footage and used it, he ****ing sucks at cheating. We lost and we lost playing stupid ****ty, petty mistake penalties killing us football. So dude does not cheat correctly. If he was following the Pats way, we would've cheated and won....stupid McDummy

DBroncos4life
08-09-2012, 03:54 PM
It was investigated by the NFL and they dinged McD and Broncos for 50k apiece. Which was nothing compared to what the Patriots/Belichick got dinged for. If Bowlen felt otherwise, he could have fired him right on the spot...but he stuck with McDaniels and defended him.

He wasn't a former employee, he was a repeat offender and got canned by the Broncos right after this was discovered. The Broncos were fined because it happened under the org and McD's didn't report it soon enough.

That's not what Bowlen said.

Pats cheated in the playoffs and SB. The fine should be higher!
McD hired a cheater and got mad because he cheated Hilarious! How you can think he did ONE thing worth defending insane. McD brought EVERYTHING on himself and paid the price for it.

LonghornBronco
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Quoted for truth.

McDaniels = :patstink:

LonghornBronco
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
We need a horse crapping on McDaniels smilie.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Cutler & Marshall. Jebus. One has led the NFL in turnovers since he was a starter, and the other is a possesion receiver that has averaged 5.6 TD's per year. Marshall can move the chains, though. Cutler can also.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Frown cannon not playing tonight