PDA

View Full Version : DJ

JLesSPE
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Just heard on the fan that DJ is a game time decision for tomorrow's game @ Chi. If they've been holding him out because of his suspension why would he be a game time decision? Either he's playing or he isn't. Did he hurt himself watching practice? I just found that odd.

Kaylore
08-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Then the game time decision should be "no"...

Garcia Bronco
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
He needs to be cut. I can't understand why he's on the team anymore.

baja
08-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I hope KM gets a lot of touches.

Where is that NFLN rebroadcast schedule???

s0phr0syne
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I hope KM gets a lot of touches.

Where is that NFLN rebroadcast schedule???

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3630392&postcount=1

SoCalBronco
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Just heard on the fan that DJ is a game time decision for tomorrow's game @ Chi. If they've been holding him out because of his suspension why would he be a game time decision? Either he's playing or he isn't. Did he hurt himself watching practice? I just found that odd.

Prolly cause they want to give the preseason reps to www and Danny the tranny as they will be playing the first 6 weeks

JLesSPE
08-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Prolly cause they want to give the preseason reps to www and Danny the tranny as they will be playing the first 6 weeks

Yeah I get that, but why would he be GTD? Just say he's not playing.

Crushaholic
08-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah I get that, but why would he be GTD? Just say he's not playing.

We wouldn't want to show our cards, because, well, the game matters...Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM

This! With that being said they might as well activate him let him take the junk minutes late in games and game 4 of preseason before the cut the overpriced average LB.

razorwire77
08-08-2012, 12:55 PM
It really makes no sense to give him any sort of reps during the preseason.

24champ
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Pretty simple, our LB corps is crap outside of DJ and Von Miller.

That and the organization is off the hook for paying DJ during his suspension. So there's no incentive to really cut him from a football and monetary standpoint.

LittleFloyd
08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
This! With that being said they might as well activate him let him take the junk minutes late in games and game 4 of preseason before the cut the overpriced average LB.

Well said!

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM

Thanks to Dendave I have been watching all of Denver's victories last year over again. I have been watcxhing certain players closely and DJ is BY FAR the best LBer on the team not named Von. Last year he caused fumbles and mades sacks that really helped Denver to win games.

I think what he has done is pure idiotic and absurd but there is no way Denver should cut him until we see what is replacing him. I think by week 8 when he comes back we all might be glad he is still on the team.

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks to Dendave I have been watching all of Denver's victories last year over again. I have been watcxhing certain players closely and DJ is BY FAR the best LBer on the team not named Von. Last year he caused fumbles and mades sacks that really helped Denver to win games.

I think what he has done is pure idiotic and absurd but there is no way Denver should cut him until we see what is replacing him. I think by week 8 when he comes back we all might be glad he is still on the team.

What good is all that if you cant count on him?

Tim
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I support DJ, he's not a huge playmaker but he is a complete LBer.

Q.

If he gets cut in the final round can Denver resign him after 6 games and he'll be good to go?

DENVERDUI55
08-08-2012, 02:19 PM

He keeps Coors light stock steady.

scorpio
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
He keeps Coors light stock steady.

Lies. He can't get drunk off Coors Light.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Lies. He can't get drunk off Coors Light.

Colors light is what he drinks to stay hydrated.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 02:42 PM

for christ sake we suck ass at LB, wake th freak up already.............

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM

Well there you go......glad somebody around here does NOT have their head up their ass................

lonestar
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM

That and the organization is off the hook for paying DJ during his suspension. So there's no incentive to really cut him from a football and monetary standpoint.

Shirley you jest..

lots of tackles from behind after the RB has the first down.. almost NO tackles for a loss or at the LOS..

get rid of the bromance for this skell.. he is making a ton of money to be a difference maker and so far he has not.. he is dumber than a rock..to stupid to repeat back the calls sent to him via the helmet radio setup when he was MLB, to dumb to change out of a called play..

when are Y'all gonna get it.. cutting his ass would save the team money and allow them to find a warm body to take his place and improve the play..

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM

there you go................listen up all you get rid of the guy dumbasses and read the above. nice to know all of you do not have your head up your ass......................

pricejj
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM

^ This

D.J. might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a good WLB. Hopefully WW3 has progressed to the point where he remotely resembles a starting NFL backer.

D.J. is every bit worth keeping with his pro-rated salary. $5M a year is freaking cheap for kickass WLB.

lonestar
I support DJ, he's not a huge playmaker but he is a complete LBer.

Q.

If he gets cut in the final round can Denver resign him after 6 games and he'll be good to go?

Well now Pilgrim..

why would they want to do that?.

for the first six weeks he does not cost them a cent or a roster spot..

Do you know something we do not.?

BTW when you say complete LB do you mean making plays at the LOS or is great in coverage?

Why is WW play nickle for him in pass protect?

Jetmeck
Shirley you jest..

lots of tackles from behind after the RB has the first down.. almost NO tackles for a loss or at the LOS..

get rid of the bromance for this skell.. he is making a ton of money to be a difference maker and so far he has not.. he is dumber than a rock..to stupid to repeat back the calls sent to him via the helmet radio setup when he was MLB, to dumb to change out of a called play..

when are Y'all gonna get it.. cutting his ass would save the team money and allow them to find a warm body to take his place and improve the play..

proven tool.............just ignore this idiot.

nobody out there or we would be signing them right now..........so WHEN YOU GONNA PULL YOUR HEAD AND UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ??

pricejj
08-08-2012, 02:53 PM
BTW when you say complete LB do you mean making plays at the LOS or is great in coverage?

WW plays nickle for Joe Mays. D.J. typically stays on the field all the time. Also, D.J. is MUCH better in coverage than WW...

24champ
08-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Shirley you jest..

DJ has played all three positions, and has played under quite a few DC's. I'm willing to give the guy some slack on the field. Who knows what kind of player he could have developed into if he stayed on the Weakside and had some continuity with the Broncos. As it stands now, he's better than any LBer we have not named Von Miller.

Had you read the rest of my post, the Broncos don't pay DJ a dime during his suspension, and doesn't count towards the 53 man roster during the suspension either. So given that, dumping our second best LBer, wouldn't be the best move for the team. He's not going anywhere.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m69rul0SeQ1qleatu.gif

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM

again why keep him at the dollar value he has when we have another guy just like him at probably 25% of his contract..

Season Team Games Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF FR
Woodyard
2011 15 7 97 67 30 0.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 2 --

williams
2011 13 13 90 70 20 5.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 3 1

Other than the sacks he made last year what is the difference and had WW been in the game when those were called might have been the same..

He is dumber than a rock.. not only in real life but on the field.. he is fast but WW is faster..

Wesley Woodyard has toiled behind D.J. Williams for much of his career in Denver, and he’s also become the team’s leader on special teams. With D.J.'s suspension making him a question mark, it’s a good time to put Wesley's speed to effective use - he ran a 4.51-second forty at Combine, and he’s got some quicks, too.

That should be a bigger factor this year than in the past: with Williams out for at least six games, Woodyard could be playing himself into a bigger role for the team. Woodyard has played more nickel up until now, a role where his innate speed lets him be an effective LB in coverage. D.J. himself isn’t slow - he had a 4.54 40-yard dash when he came out in 2005.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/speed-heals-defense#comments

LittleFloyd
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Shirley you jest..

Let me complete this, I'm not kidding and don't call me Shirley.

LittleFloyd
08-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Shirley you jest..

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
WW plays nickle for Joe Mays. D.J. typically stays on the field all the time. Also, D.J. is MUCH better in coverage than WW...

yep WW was a natural safety in college before they moved him to LB becasue of injuries..

Not buying your thought process..

24champ
08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Other than the sacks he made last year what is the difference and had WW been in the game when those were called might have been the same..

Hilarious!

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:08 PM

nobody out there or we would be signing them right now..........so WHEN YOU GONNA PULL YOUR HEAD AND UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ??

pot calling kettle black I presume..

BTW AA unions are in big DO-DO still and will get worse before it is all done.. good luck on getting that pension..

pricejj
08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
yep WW was a natural safety in college before they moved him to LB becasue of injuries..

Not buying your thought process..

I don't know that dub switched from SS to ILB because of injuries. Got some proof of that? Don't get me wrong, I like Wes, and hope he succeeds, but until he shows D.J.'s ability on the field, I'm not down with dropping D.J.

Wes gets a lot of tackles, but he's undersized and kind of gets drug down the field when tackling. Not to mention D.J. had 5 sacks last year (Wes had none). We all thought that Wes would be a great coverage LB'er, but that really hasn't happened. There is a reason he was back-up. Hope he puts it all together this season, but the dude is still only 229 lbs.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:21 PM
DJ has played all three positions, and has played under quite a few DC's. I'm willing to give the guy some slack on the field. Who knows what kind of player he could have developed into if he stayed on the Weakside and had some continuity with the Broncos. As it stands now, he's better than any LBer we have not named Von Miller.

Had you read the rest of my post, the Broncos don't pay DJ a dime during his suspension, and doesn't count towards the 53 man roster during the suspension either. So given that, dumping our second best LBer, wouldn't be the best move for the team. He's not going anywhere.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m69rul0SeQ1qleatu.gif

Yep skipped over the last part, it was the dumbassery bromance of the first part that got me going..

IYO he is the second best LB and if that is the case we are in really big do-do because he is not for crap in making a play at the LOS.. and that is what LB are supposed to do not after they make the first down.. The y are designed to plug holes not drag some one down after a few positive yards..

I've watched this skell for years trying to figure out why everyone is gaga about him other than his BIG numbers.. which lead the team but someone has to.. Pretty sure WW would do just as good a job given the opportunity..

your correct he does not cost a dime which I have repeatedly posted here and elsewhere.. but keeping him gives him false hope..
We all know that his DUI is going to cost him a few more games this year.. on top of being the biggest dumb ass in the NFL trying to use his dog/cat/racoon/wife/girlfriend/mothers urine to pass a drug test..  

sorry but why keep such a dumb ass on the squad so he can make a few more tackles than his replacement does? Makes no sense to me.. WW started in fewer games than he did and matched his number almost to a tee..

Why further embarass the Broncos and their fans..

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM

was wondering if someone would pick that up.. :thumbs:

DENVERDUI55
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Shirley you jest..

He he has more failed piss tests or DUI's in his career than INT's! He is a stud.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 03:35 PM
BTW AA unions are in big DO-DO still and will get worse before it is all done.. good luck on getting that pension..

proved my point you low life scum. don't know what the hell you are talking about........ any pension I have accrued is safe and if AA
tries to bail people like will pay for my pension with your taxes through the PBGC. Chew on that one asshole..........

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't know that dub switched from SS to ILB because of injuries. Got some proof of that? Don't get me wrong, I like Wes, and hope he succeeds, but until he shows D.J.'s ability on the field, I'm not down with dropping D.J.

Wes gets a lot of tackles, but he's undersized and kind of gets drug down the field when tackling. Not to mention D.J. had 5 sacks last year (Wes had none). We all thought that Wes would be a great coverage LB'er, but that really hasn't happened. There is a reason he was back-up. Hope he puts it all together this season, but the dude is still only 229 lbs.

NO proof but he was a great safety at Kentucky IIRC the first couple of years.. and then they asked him to move to LB because of an injury..

I did some research on him after I saw him at the combine.. he fell in the draft because IIRC he competed as a DB..

they thought him to slow to play that in the pros..

As for DJ with his speed he should have been getting those sacks from day one, but like everything else there was a reason they were not asking him to do that.

I was really high on DJ when we signed him, and thought that Tanahan screwed him over by moving him to SAM when his "Gold"en love child was resigned ..and then again to MLB, where he proved he was a dumb ass.. but DJ is more of a safety than a LB makes to many plays in PLUS territory for the RB's.

I've watched him alot with film study to see if he has improved but almost every tackle he makes is like WW dragging them down from behind..

If he is the same guy as WW why keep him at his money? Besides pretty sure they like Trevathan as Dj's replacement who is BTW the same size as WW is.. 6'1" 232..

They want speed in the LB spots not big 250pound + thumpers..

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Tanahan....dump DJ.................just get a new team. you cry like a little girl !!

lonestar
08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
proved my point you low life scum. don't know what the hell you are talking about........ any pension I have accrued is safe and if AA
tries to bail people like will pay for my pension with your taxes through the PBGC. Chew on that one a-hole..........

hey did you not hear that I'm one of those rich republicans that pay no taxes ?

as for the other part..
American's parent, AMR, declared bankruptcy in November, citing untenable labour costs, and had been mired in unsuccessful negotiations for concessions from its three primary unions.

Earlier this year, AMR asked a bankruptcy court for permission to ditch its labour contracts and impose stricter, interim terms unilaterally as long-term negotiations carried on.

I also read some where that they plan on ditching your pension plans..

really great company to work for..

If US air buys them well it gets worse.. Christ they still do not have a contract between some of their unions what is it 5 years after merging with America West or actually HP buying them..

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 03:56 PM

I agree, I am just saying they should not cut him until they know they can do without him. And at this point I think they'll need him on the field. At the end of the year I do believe he is toast.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 04:00 PM
hey did you not hear that I'm one of those rich republicans that pay no taxes ?

as for the other part..

I also read some where that they plan on ditching your pension plans..

really great company to work for..

If US air buys them well it gets worse.. Christ they still do not have a contract between some of their unions what is it 5 years after merging with America West or actually HP buying them..

what you think you know and what I know from my union are way diiferent and don't go there with your hate for unions.............WE GAVE 18.5 % TO THEM 9 YEARS AGO.

WHILE they gave bonuses to their board....don't even try to make union people the problem............our pensions are guaranteed by AA or the public through the PBGC............you better hope AA keeps their responsibilities to the people that kept them from bankruptcy for ten years running or taxes from people like you will be paying my pension.

I am not in anyway defending AA..........they are a POS IMO........

AND I ALREADY KNEW YOU WERE REPUBLICAN FROM YOUR comments
on other threads..............thanks for BUSH.............why don't we try his policies again and again since they worked so well.

ALso remember your union bashing against AA unions before you even know what the hell your talking about.......we have gave enough..............what they need is a damn wildcat strike.......**** em

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
again why keep him at the dollar value he has when we have another guy just like him at probably 25% of his contract..

Season Team Games Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF FR
Woodyard
2011 15 7 97 67 30 0.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 2 --

williams
2011 13 13 90 70 20 5.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 3 1

He is dumber than a rock.. not only in real life but on the field.. he is fast but WW is faster..

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/speed-heals-defense#comments

His contract is irrelevant. The Broncos aren't paying him during the suspension. Then wehn he comes back for the playoff push They will only pay that salary. He had 5 sacks last year and I believe 3 forced fumbles.

I'm not saying he is worth the money, I'm not saying keep him past this year but I do think you keep him on the roster and see if the LBers Denver has now can fill his position. The fact Denver had to go out and sign Brookings tells me they do not feel the undersized Woodyard would hold up for a whole season.

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 04:04 PM
what you think you know and what I know from my union are way diiferent and don't go there with your hate for unions.............WE GAVE 18.5 % TO THEM 9 YEARS AGO.

WHILE they gave bonuses to their board....don't even try to make union people the problem............our pensions are guaranteed by AA or the public through the PBGC............you better hope AA keeps their responsibilities to the people that kept them from bankruptcy for ten years running or taxes from people like you will be paying my pension.

I am not in anyway defending AA..........they are a POS IMO........

The people that hate Unions are people that aren't in one. People that hate pensions are people that do not have one.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 04:05 PM
The people that hate Unions are people that aren't in one. People that hate pensions are people that do not have one.

amen....brother

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I agree, I am just saying they should not cut him until they know they can do without him. And at this point I think they'll need him on the field. At the end of the year I do believe he is toast.

exactly right....give me someone better and then cut him if you like but woodyard is not the answer

lonestar
08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
His contract is irrelevant. The Broncos aren't paying him during the suspension. Then wehn he comes back for the playoff push They will only pay that salary. He had 5 sacks last year and I believe 3 forced fumbles.

I'm not saying he is worth the money, I'm not saying keep him past this year but I do think you keep him on the roster and see if the LBers Denver has now can fill his position. The fact Denver had to go out and sign Brookings tells me they do not feel the undersized Woodyard would hold up for a whole season.

yet they drafted trevtan at 6'1 232 a whooping 3 pound heavier than WW..

WW played as many if not more snaps that dj did last year.. Brookings in either camp fodder or just uncle Brook that helps out here and there to give someone a blow..

There will be loads of cuts over the next few days and many of them will be LB's ...
everyones love affair with dj is beyond me.. especially with all the off the field crap..

I hate athletes that are just going thru the motions.. DJ is gifted but dumb as a rock..

time to move on now or during week 10 when he will be eligible after Goodells two weeker for trying to passing dog piss.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 04:15 PM

funny I was in a union for years and they did nothing for the cause besides line their pockets with dues.. the minute the state went "right to work" I stopped paying dues.. and the union went away fancy that..

as for a pension yes I have one.

care for a third strike..

BroncoMan4ever
08-08-2012, 05:32 PM

What's his worth sitting on the couch for at least half the season?

There may not be an adequate replacement to sign, but DJs contributions and worth to the team while suspended are equal to a fart in a hurricane

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
yet they drafted trevtan at 6'1 232 a whooping 3 pound heavier than WW..

WW played as many if not more snaps that dj did last year.. Brookings in either camp fodder or just uncle Brook that helps out here and there to give someone a blow..

There will be loads of cuts over the next few days and many of them will be LB's ...
everyones love affair with dj is beyond me.. especially with all the off the field crap..

I hate athletes that are just going thru the motions.. DJ is gifted but dumb as a rock..

time to move on now or during week 10 when he will be eligible after Goodells two weeker for trying to passing dog piss.

What does there 6th round LBer have to do with this? I am sure they did not draft him to play in place of DJ this year. I'm sure it was more of a practice squad special teams pick. As far as Brooking you say camp fodder, I say starting LBer and will play first downs this year giving way to the undersized Woodyard on the more traditional passing downs.

DJ being dumb and how you feel about them is irrelevent. Come week 8 he will pronbably be sorely needed unless of course Brooking turns out to be better and younger than we thought.

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
funny I was in a union for years and they did nothing for the cause besides line their pockets with dues.. the minute the state went "right to work" I stopped paying dues.. and the union went away fancy that..

as for a pension yes I have one.

care for a third strike..

So you have a pension and you are against them?? Nice.Hilarious!

Take my job in texas and move it to an state with unions and it pays more with better benefits and better pension. in fact the Repunblicans here in Texas are trying to take my pension and benefits right now. They have already weakened my healthcare and increased my co-pays. Just a matter of time.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 07:27 PM
So you have a pension and you are against them?? Nice.Hilarious!

Take my job in texas and move it to an state with unions and it pays more with better benefits and better pension. in fact the Republicans here in Texas are trying to take my pension and benefits right now. They have already weakened my healthcare and increased my co-pays. Just a matter of time.

My pension is and has never touch a union, I earned every dime of it myself.. Opposed to have some union boss misuse those funds..

In those other states say CALIFORNIA you would be paying upwards of 20% taxes on them so most likely be a wash.. not to mention the taxes you would have paid on the earnings over the years so please do not whine about not getting enough..

A real shame that you have higher co pays.. But we all know that is to slow folks down for showing up with every little thing.. because it is on someone elses dime..

IMO healthcare should never have been for every sniffle and sore throat..

should be for more catastrophic issues..

Bacchus
08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
My pension is and has never touch a union, I earned every dime of it myself.. Opposed to have some union boss misuse those funds..

In those other states say CALIFORNIA you would be paying upwards of 20% taxes on them so most likely be a wash.. not to mention the taxes you would have paid on the earnings over the years so please do not whine about not getting enough..

A real shame that you have higher co pays.. But we all know that is to slow folks down for showing up with every little thing.. because it is on someone elses dime..

IMO healthcare should never have been for every sniffle and sore throat..

should be for more catastrophic issues..

We have veered off topic.

DJ should not be cut until a replacement is found and we do not know if Woodyard is a capable fulltime replacement. Maybe we willknow that by week 8 maybe not until then DJ is a Bronco.

24champ
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Leave it to Lonestar to inject the topic of pensions into a football thread. :nono:

Dedhed
08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Prolly cause they want to give the preseason reps to www and Danny the tranny as they will be playing the first 16 weeks

Fixed.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
What does there 6th round LBer have to do with this? I am sure they did not draft him to play in place of DJ this year. I'm sure it was more of a practice squad special teams pick. As far as Brooking you say camp fodder, I say starting LBer and will play first downs this year giving way to the undersized Woodyard on the more traditional passing downs.

DJ being dumb and how you feel about them is irrelevent. Come week 8 he will pronbably be sorely needed unless of course Brooking turns out to be better and younger than we thought.

I'll guess they did not think they would have to play the rookie this year.. They are building a foundation for the future.. getting the kid in for replacing dumb ass DJ.. next year of WW can't handle the strain..

but then the deeper they saw into the stupidity of DJ's actions they decided that they may have to play folks they did not want to and may have to bring more bodies into cover dumbassery..

personally I hope and think Brooking may be here for more than TC especially since dumbass will surely see a few more weeks off because of his DUI issues..

They drafted IMO the rookie for this speed mentioned below..
a little food for thought..
A lot of things were missing on defense during that transition - stronger players, workable draft picks, a middle linebacker who keeps his helmet on, common sense - but one vacancy stood out as the roster was changed over:

Speed

It means linebackers with the legs to catch a returner in the open field, or to give corner backs a shot at covering the multiple players they are matched up against in passing situations.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/speed-heals-defense

but what YOU or I think matter not because JDR already has a plan.. one that we do not have a clue about..

24champ
08-08-2012, 08:26 PM
IYO he is the second best LB and if that is the case we are in really big do-do because he is not for crap in making a play at the LOS.. and that is what LB are supposed to do not after they make the first down.. The y are designed to plug holes not drag some one down after a few positive yards..

Name a better LBer on the roster not named Von Miller?

I've watched this skell for years trying to figure out why everyone is gaga about him other than his BIG numbers.. which lead the team but someone has to.. Pretty sure WW would do just as good a job given the opportunity..

Except WW hasn't.

When given the opportunity last season, he didn't perform nearly as good as DJ. WW didn't register a single sack when he was given that opportunity to start in place of DJ.

Even when he's not fully involved in Training Camp, DJ still contributes leading by example and teaching the younger LBers.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — D.J. Williams burst out of his stance and put a lick on one of his teammates during a block-and-shed drill with the rest of the Denver Broncos linebackers Monday.

It sure beat the standing around, decoying and sprinting he’s had to do so far.

“That was a great freakin’ block by D.J.,” declared his position coach, Richard Smith, who briefly halted the proceedings to admonish the other linebackers to take note and adjust accordingly.

Trevathan said he’s gotten plenty of advice from the veterans while working with the first-team defense.

“Those older guys are always going to be behind us to help us with whatever we need, even D.J.,” Trevathan said. “D.J. is a guy that has really been helping me. We play the same position. So, it’s been a real blessing to have that guy behind me.”
http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20220731woodyard_gets_first_crack_at_williams_posi tion

your correct he does not cost a dime which I have repeatedly posted here and elsewhere...

BS. Link?

sorry but why keep such a dumb ass on the squad so he can make a few more tackles than his replacement does? Makes no sense to me.. WW started in fewer games than he did and matched his number almost to a tee..

Because he can get to the QB (5 sacks) and is the second best LBer on the team.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 08:32 PM
We have veered off topic.

DJ should not be cut until a replacement is found and we do not know if Woodyard is a capable fulltime replacement. Maybe we willknow that by week 8 maybe not until then DJ is a Bronco.

not your call nor mine..

I'll let JDR and Fox make that decision.. but hanging on to a dumb ass just in case and then hoping he will not do something else stupid IMO is not the way to inspire confidence from the rest of your players..

he has done stupid in more ways than I can count..

just sometimes you cut to remind everyone else that straight and narrow is the only thing you will accept..

BTW it will most likely be week 11-12 before he could be ready to play.. that is after DUI.. certainly not before week 10..

lonestar
08-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Name a better LBer on the roster not named Von Miller?

Except WW hasn't.

When given the opportunity last season, he didn't perform nearly as good as DJ. WW didn't register a single sack when he was given that opportunity to start in place of DJ.

Even when he's not fully involved in Training Camp, DJ still contributes leading by example and teaching the younger LBers.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20220731woodyard_gets_first_crack_at_williams_posi tion

BS. Link?

Because he can get to the QB (5 sacks) and is the second best LBer on the team.

better LBs who cares I know that he moron will not be on the field for 6 games and probably 8 after Goodell makes him another prime example of being a dumbass for DUI..

so just how in the hell does he produce on the field.. during he suspension he can;t come to Dove valley ..

as for the sacks DO you have proof that the coaching staff asked WW to blitz?

If so bring it on..

if not we will never know who can or can not sack better..
if you look at their stats for last year WW is comparable to dj and in fact leads in some areas..

as for my comments about DJ and money in this thread post 24

Well now Pilgrim..

why would they want to do that?.

for the first six weeks he does not cost them a cent or a roster spot..

Do you know something we do not.?

BTW having a dumb ass teach your rookies IMO is not a good thing..and you had to go to a BOSTON paper to get that quote ahahahahahahaha

24champ
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
better LBs who cares I know that he moron will not be on the field for 6 games and probably 8 after Goodell makes him another prime example of being a dumbass for DUI..

So you concede he is the best LBer on the team not named Von Miller? Great. As for his suspension, it is what it is, and I hope DJ is getting the help he needs as far as alcoholism goes.

as for the sacks DO you have proof that the coaching staff asked WW to blitz?

If so bring it on..

So your saying in the 7 games he's started for the Broncos, the staff never asked WW to blitz. When WW was on the field, they never blitzed.

Another quality football take by lonestar. ::)

BTW having a dumb ass teach your rookies IMO is not a good thing..and you had to go to a BOSTON paper to get that quote ahahahahahahaha

Not according to the coaches, who evidently use DJ as an example.

As for where I got the story, it was an AP story. Dumbchit.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 01:00 AM
So you concede he is the best LBer on the team not named Von Miller? Great. As for his suspension, it is what it is, and I hope DJ is getting the help he needs as far as alcoholism goes.
So your saying in the 7 games he's started for the Broncos, the staff never asked WW to blitz. When WW was on the field, they never blitzed.

Another quality football take by lonestar. ::)

Not according to the coaches, who evidently use DJ as an example.

As for where I got the story, it was an AP story. Dumbchit.

considering in Dumb asses first four years on the team he got 4 sacks total in 61 games, just maybe they have never asked WW to blitz had him doing other things..

But I'll bet you know what they had in mind and they asked him but he never got one Right?

Yep and AP always gets the story correct.. if it was AP then someone in DEN wrote it.. but it took an obscure story in the BOS paper to catch your eye..

time to get your lips unlocked from your bromances nuts.. IMO

WW had as good if not better year SAVE those sacks dumbass had.. show me the huge difference between the two besides dumbass started 13 games and WW started 7..

2011 DEN 15 7 97 67 30 0.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 2 --
2011 DEN 13 13 90 70 20 5.0 -- 2 -- -- -- -- -- 3 1

how can any defend some ass clown that tried THREE time to use his Dog/cat/parrot/female on the street piss and think he was going to get away with it..

Unless maybe dumbass is not a male..

Hell that is it, he has no balls and therefore no male hormones.. :thumbs:

Glad we figured it out..   

Requiem
08-09-2012, 08:15 AM
D.J. actually ranked in the Top 50 defensive players last year for TFL, and registered the past couple years with ProFootballFocus. So lonestar's assertion that D.J. didn't make any plays behind the LOS is just terribly wrong. Williams actually had a good season in 2011.

24champ
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
considering in Dumb asses first four years on the team he got 4 sacks total in 61 games, just maybe they have never asked WW to blitz had him doing other things..

First of all, the first four years of DJ on the team he was moved around, played strong side and moved to Mike after Wilson's career was over. Secondly I can't believe your still pushing this "they didn't ask WW to blitz" argument. :nono:

Yep and AP always gets the story correct.. if it was AP then someone in DEN wrote it.. but it took an obscure story in the BOS paper to catch your eye..

Not sure what your point is, all I did was post quotes of the AP story. It's not incorrect. Multiple papers ran that story. Given that, it shouldn't matter where I got the story. :ouwknow:

WW had as good if not better year SAVE those sacks dumbass had.. show me the huge difference between the two besides dumbass started 13 games and WW started 7..

I'll just refer you to Req's post above.