PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil: No Charges

RhymesayersDU
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Per @MikeKlis no charges to be filed against Elvis Dumervil. More to come on http://t.co/4yzlDGyD.

https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/statuses/232903933050363904

razorwire77
08-07-2012, 11:24 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

Kaylore
08-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Because the accusers are liars. Prints probably came back negative too. Still, Goodell might do something.

rideco
08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
This is very good news!!

pricejj
08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Told you the accusers were making stuff up to cover their own behind. Where are all the people who were throwing him under the bus?

SPEAK!!

Houshyamama
08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Throw him off the team. What a jackass, he doesn't care about the team, he's a thug. Wait...

RhymesayersDU
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Throw him off the team. What a jackass, he doesn't care about the team, he's a thug. Wait...

Yep, the reactionary, holier than thou, high horse brigade are all morons. Of course, that's par for the course.

ppablo
08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
DOOM! Always thought he would get off!

Kaylore
08-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm going to ask who was demanding he be cut?

DENVERDUI55
08-07-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/soundcheck/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.soundcheck/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/53628.bizzle.makes.it.rain.JPG

24champ
08-07-2012, 11:44 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106141

Gutless Drunk
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
http://sadpanda.us/images/1127327-EOSJ57W.gif

ZONA
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Because the accusers are liars. Prints probably came back negative too. Still, Goodell might do something.

There's no way Goodell could do anything here. If he did, he's writing is own ticket to retirement. There would be such league wide downfall on him if he tried to do anything towards a player that was cleared of ALL charges.

Irish Stout
08-07-2012, 11:48 AM
When the facts actually came out - and you had to look really hard for them - it didn't appear there was anything he was guilty of... other than having an idiot friend in a separate car.

BroncoInferno
08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Anything racist to add, errand?

BroncoBen
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM
There's no way Goodell could do anything here. If he did, he's writing is own ticket to retirement. There would be such league wide downfall on him if he tried to do anything towards a player that was cleared of ALL charges.

Makes you wonder if Goodell will try to suspend Dumervil, especially if no chargers are being filed. That is just like saying 'nothing' happened. So if nothing happened.. how can Goodell suspend.

Mogulseeker
08-07-2012, 11:55 AM

Exactly. Things just didnt check out.

Garcia Bronco
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Guilty on the intial story. Upset with myself after the actual facts came.

Houshyamama

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

For ****'s sake settle down. Let's let the details come out before we freak out.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3way0USHkEc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3way0USHkEc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

bronco militia
The Miami-Dade state's attorney's office has opted not to file charges against Elvis Dumervil.

The Broncos' star defensive end had been arrested on a class 3 felony charge of aggravated assault with a weapon by Miami Beach police after a road-rage incident on July 14.

A person is not officially charged, though, until the prosecuting attorney signs a formal document.

Dumervil had previously said "The truth will come out," about his arrest.

A 9-1-1 call placed from a nearby Victoria's Secret that brought police to the incident did not implicate Dumervil. The caller said a man had "a gun pointing to somebody." The caller added the man was an African American in a white car. Police later determined that the male and female occupants of the white Impala were of "white Hispanic descent" and were identified as the victims in the incident.

Later in the 9-1-1 call, the witness said the disturbance was between a male in the white Impala and a person in a silver Mercedes. Andy Auguste , a friend of Dumervil, was in the Mercedes. Passengers in the Land Rover that Dumervil was driving were not mentioned in the 9-1-1 call.

According to the police report, an argument on a busy South Beach street resulted in Dumervil and Auguste allegedly approaching occupants in a white Impala, raising their shirts and each displaying a gun from their waist bands.

Police arrested both Dumervil and Auguste while they remained stuck in standstill traffic. Police also took one .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol from a Mercedes in which Auguste was a passenger and another .40-caliber hand gun from the glove compartment in the Land Rover that Dumervil was driving.

According to two sources close to Dumervil, he was not carrying a gun and neither the Land Rover nor the gun belonged to him.

Read more: Broncos' Elvis Dumervil will not be charged in Miami incident - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21255550/broncos-elvis-dumervil-will-not-be-charged-miami#ixzz22t7lIuLy
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Mogulseeker
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Wasn't the Rapistberger charged and acquitted... still got suspended.

Doom wasn't even charged.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 11:59 AM

Bottom of page 1 on the arrest thread.

v2micca
08-07-2012, 11:59 AM

Didn't stop him from handing Big Ben a 4 game suspension.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Didn't stop him from handing Big Ben a 4 game suspension.

He didn't when the first woman accused. Not until the 2nd accusation did Goodell do something. So the next road rage incident could mean a suspension.

BroncoBen
08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
He didn't when the first woman accused. Not until the 2nd accusation did Goodell do something. So the next road rage incident could mean a suspension.

That is what I was thinking.. Big Ben had a 'couple' of incidents come up. Plus didn't the 2nd person get 'paid' to not press charges.

Kaylore
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106141

Looks like Hua and Errand said "if guilty we should cut him" so technically they didn't say "cut him." I didn't see where Garcia said anything, though admitedly I stopped reading after page seven. The majority of the posts were A) He's stupid B) Expletives and C) calls for the facts to come out. On Page 4 there were more posts about how Harvey Steinberg was going to destroy, per normal. He did. :)

v2micca
08-07-2012, 12:07 PM

So, enough people randomly accuse a player of an offense without every producing compelling enough evidence to ever generate charges, much less an indictment and Goodell can still suspend you? Yeah, that sounds legit.

Beantown Bronco
08-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Bottom of page 1 on the arrest thread.

Ummm, he clearly said "if (the allegations) turn out to be true". Kind of an important distinction.

BroncoBeavis
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Don't think I said it on here, but I remember telling my wife something to the effect of "Oh man, we're ****ed" when I heard the whole gun in the glove compartment thing.

Happy that he'll be on the field opening day. Dude needs to wise up though and realize NFL players are like **** magnets.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 12:19 PM
So, enough people randomly accuse a player of an offense without every producing compelling enough evidence to ever generate charges, much less an indictment and Goodell can still suspend you? Yeah, that sounds legit.

Goodell can suspend for plenty of things. Big Ben got suspended for conduct not becoming of goodells standards. I'm not assuming you think Ben treats women classy, but the post leans that way. Big Ben is a douche.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Ummm, he clearly said "if (the allegations) turn out to be true". Kind of an important distinction.

Ya I noticed that. I'm sure there are some who would want him cut if guilty. Not for me though. Someone picked up off the waiver wire or another draft pick to take dooms place does not do me any good. Him on the field does me good though.

baja
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Bump the thread - easy for all to see.

Dexter
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Sexual assault and road rage are two different things. And Ben was a repeat "offender" in his area. Unless they're going to count Dumervil's fiasco in the Bronco garage against him, this could be considered his first major strike of putting himself in a bad situation.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Vilma is currently suing the NFL, and they may be hesitant to suspend players without evidence of charges.

With all this said however, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell tosses him a 1 or two game suspension if he's in a bad mood.

baja
08-07-2012, 12:41 PM
The Miami-Dade state's attorney's office has opted not to file charges against Elvis Dumervil.

The Broncos' star defensive end had been arrested on a class 3 felony charge of aggravated assault with a weapon by Miami Beach police after a road-rage incident on July 14.

A person is not officially charged, though, until the prosecuting attorney signs a formal document.

Dumervil had previously said "The truth will come out," about his arrest.

A 9-1-1 call placed from a nearby Victoria's Secret that brought police to the incident did not implicate Dumervil. The caller said a man had "a gun pointing to somebody." The caller added the man was an African American in a white car. Police later determined that the male and female occupants of the white Impala were of "white Hispanic descent" and were identified as the victims in the incident.

Later in the 9-1-1 call, the witness said the disturbance was between a male in the white Impala and a person in a silver Mercedes. Andy Auguste , a friend of Dumervil, was in the Mercedes. Passengers in the Land Rover that Dumervil was driving were not mentioned in the 9-1-1 call.

According to the police report, an argument on a busy South Beach street resulted in Dumervil and Auguste allegedly approaching occupants in a white Impala, raising their shirts and each displaying a gun from their waist bands.

Police arrested both Dumervil and Auguste while they remained stuck in standstill traffic. Police also took one .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol from a Mercedes in which Auguste was a passenger and another .40-caliber hand gun from the glove compartment in the Land Rover that Dumervil was driving.

According to two sources close to Dumervil, he was not carrying a gun and neither the Land Rover nor the gun belonged to him.

Read more: Broncos' Elvis Dumervil will not be charged in Miami incident - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21255550/broncos-elvis-dumervil-will-not-be-charged-miami#ixzz22t7lIuLy
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

This is exactly what I deduced from the original reports - just call me Sherlock

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Sexual assault and road rage are two different things. And Ben was a repeat "offender" in his area. Unless they're going to count Dumervil's fiasco in the Bronco garage against him, this could be considered his first major strike of putting himself in a bad situation.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Vilma is currently suing the NFL, and they may be hesitant to suspend players without evidence of charges.

With all this said however, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell tosses him a 1 or two game suspension if he's in a bad mood.

A little off the subject but were they thinking of dropping vilmas suspension to 8 games? Or was that baloney

Dexter
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
A little off the subject but were they thinking of dropping vilmas suspension to 8 games? Or was that baloney

He's suing the NFL for defamation. They offered to reduce his suspension to 8 games if he drops the lawsuit. But it doesn't sound like he's going to. And the fact that they are willing to do that, when he was the so called "leader" of this so called bounty system speaks volumes, at least to me about how nervous they are the NFL is going to end up in some trouble. The longer this bounty gate **** goes on the more I start to wonder what we don't know, and if there was an overreaction by the NFL with very little evidence.

At any rate you gotta think its impacting how confident the NFL is in disciplining players that haven't been charged with anything.

srphoenix
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
best news of the day! Glad we'll have a full year of Von Doom together and healthy!

bronco militia
08-07-2012, 12:57 PM
best news of the day! Glad we'll have a full year of Von Doom together and healthy!

http://www.womansday.com/cm/womansday/images/LI/09-wd1109-Superstitions-2.jpg

SoCalBronco
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Sweet. Good work Harvey

hookemhess
08-07-2012, 01:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FSHXA.gif

Cito Pelon
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm kinda wondering how this will effect Jay Cutler come Thursday.

lonestar
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM

:thumbs:

lonestar
08-07-2012, 01:16 PM

lets hope we get a cutlet sandwich while he is still in the game..

baja
08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Sweet. Good work Harvey

Didn't need Harvey for this one. Clearly no case and the DA saw that right away.

You make it sound like Doom got away with something because he was lawyered up.

Not all Denver players are like DJ Williams you know. ;D

baja
08-07-2012, 01:39 PM

First he will be 'embraced' by his old teammate and then he will be 'overwhelmed', hard.

myMind
08-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank jeebus

maher_tyler
08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Makes you wonder if Goodell will try to suspend Dumervil, especially if no chargers are being filed. That is just like saying 'nothing' happened. So if nothing happened.. how can Goodell suspend.

Can you please never change your avatar??

Kaylore
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Didn't need Harvey for this one. Clearly no case and the DA saw that right away.

You make it sound like Doom got away with something because he was lawyered up.
While I think fundamentally you are correct, and even a bad lawyer could have handled this case, I think Harvey did a number of savvy things that helped. First he worked the damage control pretty well clarifying that no charges were filed and dismissed the level of Dumervil's involvement. There are also some procedural things on the front end of an arrest that can be expedited and knocked out with a good lawyer that may have contributed to this playing out as quietly as it did. I personally think anytime you can involve a Harvey Steinberg in your legal issues it can only help.

Now let's hope that with the Vilma/Goodell bout heating up that he let's Dumervil go on this one. Players have been suspended for arrests without convictions before, though this is dropped charges so it should have no ramifications.

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Harvey 'The Wolf' Steinberg was on the mother****ing case.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vKKHp5cdCI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vKKHp5cdCI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

baja
08-07-2012, 02:13 PM
While I think fundamentally you are correct, and even a bad lawyer could have handled this case, I think Harvey did a number of savvy things that helped. First he worked the damage control pretty well clarifying that no charges were filed and dismissed the level of Dumervil's involvement. There are also some procedural things on the front end of an arrest that can be expedited and knocked out with a good lawyer that may have contributed to this playing out as quietly as it did. I personally think anytime you can involve a Harvey Steinberg in your legal issues it can only help.

Now let's hope that with the Vilma/Goodell bout heating up that he let's Dumervil go on this one. Players have been suspended for arrests without convictions before, though this is dropped charges so it should have no ramifications.

If Goodell were to punish Doom for this he would lose credibility with the players and the informed public.

Pontius Pirate
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
I was wrong.

I thought they'd throw the book at him. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the dude.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-07-2012, 02:18 PM

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 02:19 PM
If Goodell were to punish Doom for this he would lose credibility with the players and the informed public.

Well if he does, we can accuse players like Phillip Rivers, Brady and several other players they face next year. We as fans can get rival players suspended!

bronco militia
08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
First he will be 'embraced' by his old teammate and then he will be 'overwhelmed', hard.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2012/04/elvis-dumervil-jay-cutler-broncos.jpg

cutthemdown
08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Can't beat having a great attorney. Good news for Broncos and I'm glad for Doom.

24champ
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Harvey 'The Wolf' Steinberg was on the mother****ing case.

"I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better ****ing do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen."

Greatspirits
08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Yay!!!!

Agamemnon
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Very good news. Helps to have a crazy good lawyer I'm sure...

baja
08-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Oh, if it were me you can bet I'd get the best I could afford just pointing out this probably would have been dismissed regardless of his lawyer of choice.

lonestar
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM

About the only folks pissed would be bronco fans.

As for me while I like the kid just getting out of the car was a really stupid thing to do.

He should know better being a high profile athlete there are folks out thee just looking for a fat lawsuit.

Better to check those balls at the door and not even think of doing something.

If the car was not his why should he be concerned. And it it was for a parking spot why would he not valet it.

Sounds to me like a dumb thing to do by a dumb jock.

As for the rest of the nation everyone knows that there was an incident between a player and the public and he got arrested. IMO that is enough for the hammer to fall in CBA terms.

cmhargrove
08-07-2012, 03:01 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2012/04/elvis-dumervil-jay-cutler-broncos.jpg

Suprise but seks?

TNF
08-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Can't beat having a great attorney

Steinberg is the best in Denver for sure. He's the new Walter Gerash.

baja
08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
About the only folks pissed would be bronco fans.

As for me while I like the kid just getting out of the car was a really stupid thing to do.

He should know better being a high profile athlete there are folks out thee just looking for a fat lawsuit.

Better to check those balls at the door and not even think of doing something.

If the car was not his why should he be concerned. And it it was for a parking spot why would he not valet it.

Sounds to me like a dumb thing to do by a dumb jock.

As for the rest of the nation everyone knows that there was an incident between a player and the public and he got arrested. IMO that is enough for the hammer to fall in CBA terms.

Good thing you're not commissioner there would be nobody left to play the game.

Psssst! They're football players, you gotta set the behavior bar fairly low

errand
08-07-2012, 04:55 PM

What did I say about Dumervil that was racist?

baja
08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
What did I say about Dumervil that was racist?

You said he was a dumb ass ****** who had no business driving a white man's car in the first place.

That was you right?

Broncos4tw
08-07-2012, 05:05 PM

Goodell can absolutely do something here if he wanted to. NFL suspensions are not contingent upon a conviction of a crime. If he feels that Dumervil has kept the wrong company, and by such association, as an NFL player, he has sullied the reputation of the NFL, he will absolutely drop the ban hammer. Personally I don't think he will in this case, because he also tends to take the known record of a player into account, and Dumervil has been at least to my knowledge, squeaky clean to this point.

However... this also involved a gun. And it's known that Goodell places a much higher stake on crimes of violence, and especially ones involving guns. It doesn't matter if he didn't hold it, didn't touch it, doesn't even own one. If by association he is with people who does, and will flash it during some altercation, he'll hold him responsible. He is desperately trying to "clean up" the image of the NFL.

If he did choose to suspend him, I don't think it would be for too many games, and I think the appeal would get that cut in half. Like.. 4 games.. down to 2. Just to make the point. Hopefully that won't be the case though.

lonestar
08-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Good thing you're not commissioner there would be nobody left to play the game.

Psssst! They're football players, you gotta set the behavior bar fairly low

Psssst they are making great money and if they are dumb as rocks they should hire someone to think for them off the court/field.. or just let their mammas nanny gate them..

The NFL and in this case the Denver Broncos have an image to protect that is worth billions of dollars..

Time the players respect that..

errand
08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Goodell can suspend for plenty of things.

The new CBA that all the players signed and that was ratified by the player's union powers give goodell the authority to suspend players that are deemed to be a black mark to the integrity of the game...which includes suspending players for conduct unbecoming so to speak..

Big Ben got suspended for conduct not becoming of goodells standards. I'm not assuming you think Ben treats women classy, but the post leans that way. Big Ben is a douche.

It's not Goodell's standards, it's the NFL's standards established by the CBA if I'm not mistaken

in bold

errand
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
You said he was a dumb ass ****** who had no business driving a white man's car in the first place.

That was you right?

I don't think so Tim.....

lonestar
08-07-2012, 05:20 PM
The new CBA that all the players signed and that was ratified by the player's union powers give goodell the authority to suspend players that are deemed to be a black mark to the integrity of the game...which includes suspending players for conduct unbecoming so to speak..

It's not Goodell's standards, it's the NFL's standards established by the CBA if I'm not mistaken

in bold

Thanks but for quoting this would have been better.. the members here are smart enough to connect the dots at least most of them are..

RhymesayersDU
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Psssst they are making great money and if they are dumb as rocks they should hire someone to think for them off the court/field.. or just let their mammas nanny gate them..

The NFL and in this case the Denver Broncos have an image to protect that is worth billions of dollars..

LOL

errand
08-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Exactly....Dennis Rodman use to have a bodyguard kind of guy that would make sure he didn't do stupid ****. In fact the door between his hotel room and Rodman's would stay open..and if the word "No" was uttered by Rodman...or the woman currently in his company, the guy would put it to and end and tell the woman to leave immediately.

As for Goodell, he's just trying to correct negative behavior....if the players don't heed his attempts and correct their negative behavior, society eventually will.

errand
08-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks but for quoting this would have been better.. the members here are smart enough to connect the dots at least most of them are..

sorry man....

lonestar
08-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Exactly....Dennis Rodman use to have a bodyguard kind of guy that would make sure he didn't do stupid ****. In fact the door between his hotel room and Rodman's would stay open..and if the word "No" was uttered by Rodman...or the woman currently in his company, the guy would put it to and end and tell the woman to leave immediately.

As for Goodell, he's just trying to correct negative behavior....if the players don't heed his attempts and correct their negative behavior, society eventually will.

great post which many Goodell haters will not agree with..

He has a job to do and so far IMO he has been very good for the game..

If for instance BM had not done stupid things like wife/girl friend beating, DUI, eating at MC ducks.. then Goodell would not have become involved.. Many hate the guy because he took their fav out of the game for a time.. BOO ****ing HOO..

If the moron did not beat his girlfriend or have what was it 20 plus police blotter incidents at his home then nobody gives a crap..

This ass clowns live under a microscope and NOW everyone has a video recorder in their pocket.. these clowns have to figure that out they are the target for police action or lawsuits..

the price they pay for being a star..

baja
08-07-2012, 05:43 PM

I bet you built your sand castles with the tide was coming in.

errand
08-07-2012, 05:50 PM
great post which many Goodell haters will not agree with..

He has a job to do and so far IMO he has been very good for the game..

If for instance BM had not done stupid things like wife/girl friend beating, DUI, eating at MC ducks.. then Goodell would not have become involved.. Many hate the guy because he took their fav out of the game for a time.. BOO ****ing HOO..

If the moron did not beat his girlfriend or have what was it 20 plus police blotter incidents at his home then nobody gives a crap..

This ass clowns live under a microscope and NOW everyone has a video recorder in their pocket.. these clowns have to figure that out they are the target for police action or lawsuits..

the price they pay for being a star..

Exactly...half these people act as if Goodell randomly selects a name out of a hat and says "who can I **** with now..."

some players realize that they're in the public eye and need to behave accordingly....others choose not to behave and think they're "above the law" so to speak.

As for the fans being upset about their favorite player being suspended...a good movie (sorta comedy) about it is "the Big Fan" starring Patton Oswalt. He plays a super fan of the NYG whose encounter with his favorite player leads to and incident where he has to decide what to do about it.......the ending is excellent though. I can see some fan doing exactly what he did.

lonestar
08-07-2012, 05:51 PM

Actually never out of the state of Colorado or Nebraska till I was 18, I never saw the ocean till I was 19..

SO that was a poor example..

In fact have never built a sand castle..

errand
08-07-2012, 05:57 PM

You don't think that players should be held accountable for their actions?

Maybe next time the NFL and player's union sit down and work on the CBA, they'll remove the amendments that give the commish the power to suspend people who make the league look like the players come from the State Pen instead of Penn State

ozomulsion
08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Yep, the reactionary, holier than thou, high horse brigade are all morons. Of course, that's par for the course.

The reason I skipped those threads all together. A bunch of Nancy Grace guilty before proven inocent jackasses.

KipCorrington25
08-07-2012, 06:12 PM

He's faking a knee injury as we speak.

enjolras
08-07-2012, 08:48 PM
FWIW, they had Doom's lawyer on the radio earlier. Here is a recap:

They interviewed the lone witness. She confirmed that she never saw Dumervil with a gun. She said that the "victims" were tossing around racial slurs and threw something at Dumervil missing him and then hitting Dumervil's car.

The victims gave a fake address to the police. They've been unable to even find these people as they did not show up to the police station for a scheduled statement.

The car belonged to Dumervil's brother. Elvis did not know that there was a gun in the car. That gun belonged to his brother and was transported legally with a concealed weapons permit. Elvis's fingerprints were not on the gun.

There were no other witnesses beyond the single Victorias secret employee and no one but the alleged victims reported a gun.

The co-defendant will not be charged.

This whole thing is completely over apparently and the case is closed.

I don't see any way in which Dumervil could possibly be suspended or punished over this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM

Maybe next time the NFL and player's union sit down and work on the CBA, they'll remove the amendments that give the commish the power to suspend people who make the league look like the players come from the State Pen instead of Penn State

The only thing I see flawed is its a judge jury and executioner type set up. Give out a 4 game suspension then drop it to 2? Why not just give out a 2 game. This needs to be changed IMO. Judge jury and executioner happens In the old west.

It just doesnt make sense that the person making a decision on an appeal is the same person who decided the punishment in the first place.

BigPlayShay
08-07-2012, 10:22 PM
This interview with Harvey Steinberg is gold!

Starts at around 27:30. http://media.1043thefan.com/Podcasts/1623/20120807HR_1.MP3

baja
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM

If you make the corral too small the horses with become preoccupied with finding a way out.

Stuck in Cali
08-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I am glad with the outcome so far. Being that the DA stated that the police did not interpret the evidence correctly from the get go, I don't think the commissioner can/should do anything to Doom.

As far as his powers go, the union agreed to him being the man. Now cause of recent events, they don't like it, maybe next time the will read the agreement better before the agree to it. But what really does that matter, they can get around it buy going to court and fight about what they feel is a wrong doing, without even telling the judge we let that in so we could get better results in other parts of the agreement.
No I am not a Lawer, or read the CBA, just love how unions will agree to things then b**** about them later.

Dexter
08-08-2012, 01:57 AM
This interview with Harvey Steinberg is gold!

Starts at around 27:30. http://media.1043thefan.com/Podcasts/1623/20120807HR_1.MP3

Just. Wow.

Kinda funny to think about all the people overreacting. But you know what? Its not really their fault. He makes a great point about the media, and his point is something that is applicable to all news, not just Dumervil's case. The news' #1 priority is rarely accuracy and facts these days. Rather, its all about sensationalism, rumors and speculation.

For the most part, anything by the local or cable news channels is complete **** these days. No thanks to our "TMZ" like society, where we always have to be trashy and get the "scoop" on people's private lives. Not to mention all of the "look at this cute 3 legged dog" or "This dog here is the fifth this week to get stuck in a icy pond, so lets watch it almost drown and see how many viewers we can get" type of bull**** stories that have no use to society as a whole.

The only thing in my opinion that Dumervil did wrong here, was get out of his car. That's never a good idea, it gave the perfect opening for these dishonest trash buckets to lie and tarnish his reputation. On a side note, we should be able to have 54 roster spots, one just for Harvey.

TLDR: **** the media & Harvey is a bad ass.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 03:47 AM

If all the above is true GODell needs to stay out of it......

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 03:55 AM

Besides being just a hater and a moron that numb nuts was definitely calling for us to dump DOOM as soon as this broke and he doesn't even understand his avatar is an issue.

Jetmeck
08-08-2012, 03:56 AM

man up you fools...............errand you are being called out

cutthemdown
08-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Had we heard the story like that none of us would have been down on Doom. Hard to blame fans for reacting that way considering all the problems Denver players have had, then how the media reported the situation. They made it sound like people saw Doom with a gun. To go from that to gun was always in car, never got pulled, etc etc is a big difference.

Beantown Bronco
08-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Besides being just a hater and a moron that numb nuts was definitely calling for us to dump DOOM as soon as this broke and he doesn't even understand his avatar is an issue.

Jetmeck, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not sure what errand ever did to you, but he NEVER wrote anything of the sort. I just went through every one of his posts in that thread and confirmed it.

Nobody else appeared to either (the closest are the "if he's convicted, dump him" statements), yet the "I told you so" crowd here needs to feel better about themselves by making things up now and going on the attack against fellow posters. I'm sorry you folks aren't simply happy enough that it all appears to be a false alarm and we should have his services from week one without the cloud of a suspension hanging over him. You need blood. It's sad.

A few folks here keep asking for examples of people that said he should be cut immediately before the facts came out, and all you guys can do is link the whole thread. You obviously can't find any real examples though, because they aren't there. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Move on, guys.

(And I don't see a problem with his avy, and I'm no fan of guns.)

Chris
08-08-2012, 05:52 AM
http://sadpanda.us/images/1127327-EOSJ57W.gif

watching this to music is great

baja
08-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Had we heard the story like that none of us would have been down on Doom. Hard to blame fans for reacting that way considering all the problems Denver players have had, then how the media reported the situation. They made it sound like people saw Doom with a gun. To go from that to gun was always in car, never got pulled, etc etc is a big difference.

Ya think that is why some of us were calling for waiting for the facts to come in. Honestly this place has become so Chicken Little.

What I want is my camp reports. Where are my camp reports.

pricejj
08-08-2012, 08:20 AM
FWIW, they had Doom's lawyer on the radio earlier. Here is a recap:

They interviewed the lone witness. She confirmed that she never saw Dumervil with a gun. She said that the "victims" were tossing around racial slurs and threw something at Dumervil missing him and then hitting Dumervil's car.

The victims gave a fake address to the police. They've been unable to even find these people as they did not show up to the police station for a scheduled statement.

The car belonged to Dumervil's brother. Elvis did not know that there was a gun in the car. That gun belonged to his brother and was transported legally with a concealed weapons permit. Elvis's fingerprints were not on the gun.

There were no other witnesses beyond the single Victorias secret employee and no one but the alleged victims reported a gun.

The co-defendant will not be charged.

This whole thing is completely over apparently and the case is closed.

I don't see any way in which Dumervil could possibly be suspended or punished over this.

I freaking knew it. I am taking full and complete credit for being able to sift through the facts, and call this one from the get go. Many of you tried to bash me, but I was right. I should have been a freaking attorney, or a detective at the very least.

Bask in the awesomeness that is pricejj (yes I am on Rickey Henderson level now).

lonestar
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
I freaking knew it. I am taking full and complete credit for being able to sift through the facts, and call this one from the get go. Many of you tried to bash me, but I was right. I should have been a freaking attorney, or a detective at the very least.

Bask in the awesomeness that is pricejj (yes I am on Rickey Henderson level now).

better go see the Greek because you just broke your arm patting yourself on the back.Hilarious!Hilarious!.

lonestar
08-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Jetmeck, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not sure what errand ever did to you, but he NEVER wrote anything of the sort. I just went through every one of his posts in that thread and confirmed it.

Nobody else appeared to either (the closest are the "if he's convicted, dump him" statements), yet the "I told you so" crowd here needs to feel better about themselves by making things up now and going on the attack against fellow posters. I'm sorry you folks aren't simply happy enough that it all appears to be a false alarm and we should have his services from week one without the cloud of a suspension hanging over him. You need blood. It's sad.

A few folks here keep asking for examples of people that said he should be cut immediately before the facts came out, and all you guys can do is link the whole thread. You obviously can't find any real examples though, because they aren't there. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Move on, guys.

(And I don't see a problem with his avy, and I'm no fan of guns.)

speaking of CHICKEN LITTLES..some just lead the pack..

ps I have avies turned of as most are beyond juvenile..

DBroncos4life
08-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Stick to that instead of comparing football players. LOL

errand
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM

God, you're stupid....how do you even hold a ****ing job in this country with those poor reading and comprehension skills of yours?

Again, you ignorant douchebag this is what I posted...9i highlighted the key words you're retarded ass evidently cannot understand

If I was an NFL owner this **** wouldn't go unpunished, I'd have a clause in the contracts that would enable me to recoup any bonuses paid, and void their contract immediately upon conviction, or guilty plea of ANY kind on a felony charge...and i'd suspend them for however many games warranted depending on any other misdemeanor convictions.

now show me where i said we should "cut" Dumervil for being arrested. you can't because i didn't.

errand
08-08-2012, 09:50 PM

Exactly.... thank you for seeking and finding the truth...which is kind of ironic how he rushed to judgment about my post, while accusing me of rushing to judgement about Doom.

lonestar
08-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Exactly.... thank you for seeking and finding the truth...which is kind of ironic how he rushed to judgment about my post, while accusing me of rushing to judgement about Doom.

he seems to hold grudges and seems to be irrational might be time to put the ass hat on IGGY not sure I have seen a coherent post from him YET..

errand
08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
he seems to hold grudges and seems to be irrational might be time to put the ass hat on IGGY not sure I have seen a coherent post from him YET..

Well, in fairness to him, he's not been the same since his BF moved to NY....maybe he's having separation anxiety?

pricejj
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
On if he learned anything from the incident:

ďAbsolutely. Number one, donít blow your horn when somebody get in front of you. Ö

...and the only thing Dumervil was guilty of was blowing his horn, just like I stated, the day after the incident. :sunshine:

If anyone needs legal assistance, I will be offering a free 30 minute consultation session. I you choose to retain my services for your case, the retainer fee is $5000. As always, if in trouble, call the people's champion.