PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb sucks

Swedish Extrovert
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Hahahaha, Arizona.

razorwire77
08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
He really, really, sucks. I wonder how long before Arizona fully acknowledges his suckyness and moves on.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Woof. Guy can't play. NEVER understood why anyone thought otherwise.

UberBroncoMan
08-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Now he's injured. LOL

Pontius Pirate
08-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Now he's injured. LOL

There IS a God. Stay down Kolb, stay down.

Broncobiv
08-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Bigger mistake - Kolb or Cassel?

Pontius Pirate
08-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Kolb, for sure.

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
While I do agree that Kolb isn't very good, I think it's funny to see people going to such extremes over a total of four pass attempts. Elway had strings of four passes that were far, far worse, especially early in his career.

Swedish Extrovert
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
While I do agree that Kolb isn't very good, I think it's funny to see people going to such extremes over a total of four pass attempts. Elway had strings of four passes that were far, far worse, especially early in his career.

Four passes.

Also five hundred seventy two passes in the four years leading up to those four passes, but yeah, I see your point.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Those were hardly the first four passes of his career. I don't think he's ever even shown a flash of competence at this level.

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Four passes.

Also five hundred seventy two passes in the four years leading up to those four passes, but yeah, I see your point.

Oh don't get me wrong, Kolb is a backup trying to be a franchise QB. But I definitely base that conclusion off his entire body of work, not one terrible series. Every QB ever, no matter how great they were, has had some terrible series.

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Those were hardly the first four passes of his career. I don't think he's ever even shown a flash of competence at this level.

Just last season he had two 100+ QB rating days. What is your definition of "flash of competence" exactly?

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to have the guy as a backup, but that's all he really is, a backup.

Swedish Extrovert
08-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Just last season he had two 100+ QB rating days. What is your definition of "flash of competence" exactly?

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to have the guy as a backup, but that's all he really is, a backup.

Didnt he get an insane contract though?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:09 PM

Looks like only 1 100+ day. 109 vs the Cowboys. He threw for one touchdown and no picks, 240 yards. /yawn

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10480/kevin-kolb

Woopee. Mild competence. Your point is solid, and I stand wow'd by his incredible aptitude at the position.

Tim
08-05-2012, 06:09 PM

Cassel hands down

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Cassel hands down

At least Cassel's played more than he's sat because of injury. Kolb hardly plays.

Man-Goblin
08-05-2012, 06:20 PM
At least Cassel's played more than he's sat because of injury. Kolb hardly plays.

Your argument is based upon the assumption that having Matt Cassel's presence on the field is a good thing for his team. So perhaps, unlike Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb is simply extending his organization common courtesy.

Pontius Pirate
08-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Cassel hands down

Cassel had a great 2010 for KC. Kolb has never had a year remotely on par with Cassel's 2010.....not with Philly or AZ

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Looks like only 1 100+ day. 109 vs the Cowboys. He threw for one touchdown and no picks, 240 yards. /yawn

Woopee. Mild competence. Your point is solid, and I stand wow'd by his incredible aptitude at the position.

You missed the 309 yards, 2 TD's, and 130 QB rating against the Panthers on opening day.

Like I said, he'd be a great backup.

Gcver2ver3
08-05-2012, 06:36 PM
By no means am i looking to defend kolb... he looked bad out there but his oline certainly wasnt doing him any favors... outside of his first errant pass he was running for his life out there...

Is the saints dline that good or the cards oline that bad?... prolly somewhere in between

broncosteven
08-05-2012, 06:37 PM

There were 2 other QB's who had one good day in a back up role that landed them starting jobs and they sorta got their teams to the playoffs then sucked and ended up out of football

Scott Mitchell and Rob Johnson

Plus Red Miller made an insane trade for Matt Robinson which ended up being his death warrant. He thought the career backup was going to be a stud.

I think AZ got fleeced and would have been better off trying to get a QB in the draft.

DivineLegion
08-05-2012, 07:12 PM
You missed the 309 yards, 2 TD's, and 130 QB rating against the Panthers on opening day.

Did you watch the Panthers defense last year? That's like praising Tim Tebow for putting up 308 yards with an 89 qb rating against the 2010 Texans defense...wait a second.

errand
08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Who cares if Kolb sucks or not? He plays in the NFC....and isn't a former Bronco nor does he play for a rival.

Ambiguous
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Do you have some inexplicable propensity to defending ****ty quarterbacks?

What the **** is wrong with you?

Swedish Extrovert
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Okay, this is funny.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Cassel hands down

What?

Cassel has won double digits games in half of his years as starting QB. What has Kolb done?

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Kolb is a better QB than Cassel. Kolb just has a crappy team around him with a lousy oline. Sand Castle is a $60m waste of space with a jock strap on.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Kolb is a better QB than Cassel. Kolb just has a crappy team around him with a lousy oline. Sand Castle is a $60m waste of space with a jock strap on.

Yeah having a RB getting 1,000 yards/10 TD's, Todd Heap, a 700 yard/5 TD WR #2 WR and some guy named Larry Fitzgerald must be killing him....

Broncos4Life
08-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah having a RB getting 1,000 yards/10 TD's, Todd Heap, a 700 yard/5 TD WR #2 WR and some guy named Larry Fitzgerald must be killing him....

Last thing I want to do is agree with agree with a Chef fan, but Kolb stinks! I think if Kolb played on NE he would find a way to stink it up!

ZONA
08-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I told my friend before the season they should not pay Kolb, that Skelton should be the starter. He's got the better arm, more athletic then you think, good at making plays out of nothing (sorta Rothlisburgeresque). Yeah he makes some mental mistakes but the dude has only started like less then 10 games. I think he'll turn out to be the starter down there and I think he'll be a good one.

Agamemnon
08-06-2012, 03:09 AM

Are you saying that Kolb wouldn't make a great backup? Really?

DenverBroncosJM
08-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Are you saying that Kolb wouldn't make a great backup? Really?

He shouldn't be in the nfl.

socalorado
08-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I told my friend before the season they should not pay Kolb, that Skelton should be the starter. He's got the better arm, more athletic then you think, good at making plays out of nothing (sorta Rothlisburgeresque). Yeah he makes some mental mistakes but the dude has only started like less then 10 games. I think he'll turn out to be the starter down there and I think he'll be a good one.

I was high on him at Fordham and was one of the few that wanted DEN to draft Skelton. He has all the skill to be a good QB. I think he starts.

Beantown Bronco
08-06-2012, 06:48 AM
They should've signed Orton when they had the chance. Would've cost them next to nothing and he could easily do this.

Arizona had to give up Dominique Rodgers Cromartie + a 2nd rounder, and then had to pay him $65 mil. Could've had Orton for a 4th rounder and less than $5 mil last year, $900K this year.

Kaylore
08-06-2012, 06:54 AM
They should've signed Orton when they had the chance. Would've cost them next to nothing and he could easily do this.

Arizona had to give up Dominique Rodgers Cromartie + a 2nd rounder, and then had to pay him $65 mil. Could've had Orton for a 4th rounder and less than $5 mil last year, $900K this year.

Yeah Orton is terrible, but he might be an upgrade over what I watched yesterday.

rmsanger
08-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Hmm, this makes for an interesting question. Which type of bust is worse?

1) The college phenom and 1st rounder/top pick turned bust (e.g. Leaf, Russell)
2) The unknown rookie that shows some flash his first season(s) and is given a huge FA contract (Kolb, Flynn, Cutler(hybrid of 1 & 2).

Typically the premier draft picks are worked out by a number of different teams and are scouted to death. The evaluation system from HS and College play has a ton more scrutiny pre-draft and typically the contracts are larger (at least pre-labor agreement of '11).

The second is actually a professional when being evaluation although typically a limited tape history but against the same level of defensive competition. Typically another team's QB goes down or retires and a team will overpay or overcompensate the other team to get this QB.

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2012, 08:14 AM

and a bad oline and a lousy, terrible defense too? Whatever, face the cold hard facts: Kolb is better than Cassel. Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
08-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Skelton will be starter anyway. Kolb just wants to be career backup and collect a check and a fat one at that.

Beantown Bronco
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Kolb just wants to be career backup and collect a check and a fat one at that.

Can't say I blame him. It's the best of both worlds. You get filthy rich, but don't have the wear and tear on your body. Being healthy with a functioning brain and being able to walk without pain and a limp during your retirement years are definite benefits that can't be ignored.

Captain 'Dre
08-06-2012, 08:59 AM

He did in Philly, and that's what persuaded the Cardinals to give up as much as they did for Kolb.

DenverBroncosJM
08-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Can't say I blame him. It's the best of both worlds. You get filthy rich, but don't have the wear and tear on your body. Being healthy with a functioning brain and being able to walk without pain and a limp during your retirement years are definite benefits that can't be ignored.

Sign me up! I'll play for half of what Kolb makes to granted with me in the offense becomes predictable, hand off left- hand off right

Crushaholic
08-06-2012, 09:02 AM
OK. Let me make this a more relevant thread. Who would make a better backup...Kolb or Hanie?

Beantown Bronco
08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Sign me up! I'll play for half of what Kolb makes to granted with me in the offense becomes predictable, hand off left- hand off right

Where do you find the time to post here? Shouldn't you be at Jets practice?

Someone alert Beavis.

Rabb
08-06-2012, 09:04 AM
He did in Philly, and that's what persuaded the Cardinals to give up as much as they did for Kolb.

not really

Pony Boy
08-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Did you watch the Panthers defense last year? That's like praising Tim Tebow for putting up 308 yards with an 89 qb rating against the 2010 Texans defense...wait a second.

You should win a prize for getting Tebow into this thread .......

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Nothing jumps off the page to justify what AZ gave up for him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10480/kevin-kolb

vancejohnson82
08-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Hmm, this makes for an interesting question. Which type of bust is worse?

1) The college phenom and 1st rounder/top pick turned bust (e.g. Leaf, Russell)
2) The unknown rookie that shows some flash his first season(s) and is given a huge FA contract (Kolb, Flynn, Cutler(hybrid of 1 & 2).

Typically the premier draft picks are worked out by a number of different teams and are scouted to death. The evaluation system from HS and College play has a ton more scrutiny pre-draft and typically the contracts are larger (at least pre-labor agreement of '11).

The second is actually a professional when being evaluation although typically a limited tape history but against the same level of defensive competition. Typically another team's QB goes down or retires and a team will overpay or overcompensate the other team to get this QB.

whoa, whoa, whoa...

Cutler was an "unknown rookie?"....dude was considered by some as the best QB in the draft in 2006

Agamemnon
08-06-2012, 09:55 AM
OK. Let me make this a more relevant thread. Who would make a better backup...Kolb or Hanie?

Exactly. The guy is definitely mediocre and has durability issues to boot, but people saying he doesn't belong in the NFL while our #2 is Caleb Freaking Hanie is just ridiculous.

BroncoBeavis
08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Exactly. The guy is definitely mediocre and has durability issues to boot, but people saying he doesn't belong in the NFL while our #2 is Caleb Freaking Hanie is just ridiculous.

Hear hear.

Jay3
08-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Kolb has an uncurable problem -- he does not throw well when pressure is coming. Call it "Blaine Gabbert Syndrome." Some guys just can't do it when the bullets are flying.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 10:03 AM
and a bad oline and a lousy, terrible defense too? Whatever, face the cold hard facts: Kolb is better than Cassel. Hilarious!

Cassel took over a 2-23 that was building from the ground up. Guess you forgot that little factoid.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 10:03 AM

Cassel took over a 2-23 team that was building from the ground up. Guess you forgot that little factoid.

DENVERDUI55
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I was high on him at Fordham and was one of the few that wanted DEN to draft Skelton. He has all the skill to be a good QB. I think he starts.

He should be getting the hype that TT got. He took over a bad AZ team that was 1 and 6 at one point and lead them to 8 and 8.

Pontius Pirate
08-06-2012, 11:38 AM
For those of you who just joined this thread: we're trying to determine if Kevin Kolb would be a good back-up in the NFL.

You can now click away from this thread forever.

Swedish Extrovert
08-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Kolb, but with Hanie's salary.

rmsanger
08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa...

Cutler was an "unknown rookie?"....dude was considered by some as the best QB in the draft in 2006

Ok I see you want to nit pick but what about answering the question? You bypassed my entire point just to take a detour.

Which is worse 1 or 2?

Swedish Extrovert
08-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok I see you want to nit pick but what about answering the question? You bypassed my entire point just to take a detour.

Which is worse 1 or 2?

One. But Kolb was a high 2nd rounder.

BroncoBeavis
08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Kolb, but with Hanie's salary.

I'm told salary is irrelevant so long as there's any cap space anywhere. :)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Cassel took over a 2-23 team that was building from the ground up. Guess you forgot that little factoid.

And he's contributed next to nothing to a team with an excellent defense and running game. Guess you choose to ignore that.

razorwire77
08-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Watching "Monday Night" football. Kolb has thrown two of the worst picks I've seen at any level of football (including high school.)

KCStud
08-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Cassel hands down

Did Cassel steal your lunch money as a kid?

KCStud
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
And he's contributed next to nothing to a team with an excellent defense and running game. Guess you choose to ignore that.

27 TD's is nothing huh? Not saying Cassel is a franchise QB, but he's better than Kolb. Much better.

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
27 TD's is nothing huh? Not saying Cassel is a franchise QB, but he's better than Kolb. Much better.

Cassell is a 2nd tier QB, He reminds me of SOB but a little worse.

Comparing Cassell to a QB who never proved anything is nothing to crow about.

DENVERDUI55
08-23-2012, 07:26 PM
William Powell is a good RB for the Cardinals that won't see the field being behind Beanie and Williams.

swaiy
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
William Powell is a good RB for the Cardinals that won't see the field being behind Beanie and Williams.

If only a certain RB on our team would plant his foot, square his shoulder pads, and run up field like Powell... sigh.

I like how Powell runs. He runs strong and through contact.

Tombstone RJ
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Watching "Monday Night" football. Kolb has thrown two of the worst picks I've seen at any level of football (including high school.)

yah, some real head scratcher INTs. It's too bad because he had a pretty nice game otherwise.

I'm interested in watching Lindley...

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
If only a certain RB on our team would plant his foot, square his shoulder pads, and run up field like Powell... sigh.

I like how Powell runs. He runs strong and through contact.

I don't think KM will ever learn not to dance in the backfield. Teaching him to be a one cut runner is like teaching Tebow to throw.

swaiy
08-23-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think KM will ever learn not to dance in the backfield. Teaching him to be a one cut runner is like teaching Tebow to throw.

Damn I wasn't going to try to derail the thread by mentioning any names. I bet you never put a toe in the pool before you jump in, huh? Haha.

oubronco
08-23-2012, 07:55 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/523517_343618189061670_1752894066_n.jpg

broncosteven
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Damn I wasn't going to try to derail the thread by mentioning any names. I bet you never put a toe in the pool before you jump in, huh? Haha.

I figured it was on topic since we were talking about players that suck.

LOL

DBroncos4life
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I figured it was on topic since we were talking about players that suck.

LOL

Lumping Cassel in with things that suck is unfair to things that suck.

ZONA
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
There is no way any GM in his right mind would want him with his history of concussions. He's 1 or 2 of them away from having to give the sport up for good.

I also was high on Skelton and wished the Broncos had picked him. If anything, he'd be a great back up right now to Manning and we probably would not have had to use a high pick on Osweiler. Could have used that pick on a MLB :):strong:

broncocalijohn
08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
I must admit I thought Arizona was getting a good QB in Kolb. Eagles do to QBs what we did to running backs.

MrPeepers
08-23-2012, 09:12 PM
sucks for kolb, met him a few weeks ago, such a nice guy. nice guys dont make good qbs unfortunately.

Pontius Pirate
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
AZ should give it to Lindley

lolcopter
08-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Not saying Cassel is a franchise QB, but he's better than Kolb. Much better.

can't argue with this unfortunately

Kolb is hot garbage out there

BroncoBeavis
08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I must admit I thought Arizona was getting a good QB in Kolb. Eagles do to QBs what we did to running backs.

Did Kolb every really do much of anything in Philly? I always heard talk about Kolb being the future. Don't remember him ever really lighting things up though.