PDA

View Full Version : Peyton - how much playtime in preseason?

Broncos4tw
08-05-2012, 03:05 PM
He has made it clear he wants to get as much playtime in under his belt as he can. He'd probably have significant time in all the preseason games, if he had a choice. How much time do you think he'll get each game? About the same with make an extra series per game? Or more or maybe even less?

razorwire77
08-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I seriously doubt he gets more time than any other elite QB would get. The last thing you need is for some UDFA to tee off on him in the 3rd quarter of a meaningless game. My guess is he plays pretty sparingly until the dress rehearsal game.

bombay
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Not much.

broncocalijohn
08-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Hopefully enough in the 2nd game, our home game, so I can get some $ for my 2 south stand tickets. $60 each, any takers?

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
If the opposing starters are on the field I think he should be because he and the rest of the offense need all the chemistry-building time they can get. That said, once the defenders are second stringers I don't see there being much benefit in keeping him, or any of the other starters, in.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Probably how it always goes. One or two series in the first PS game, slightly more in the second, maybe a full warmup in the third (through halftime), then likely nothing in the fourth.

RhymesayersDU
08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Hopefully enough in the 2nd game, our home game, so I can get some $ for my 2 south stand tickets. $60 each, any takers?

You'll have better luck with game #3, also at home, where the starters play the first half.

Pontius Pirate
08-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I bet he plays the first half of every PS game except the last one. Maybe one series in the last one barring any issues he has adjusting to the offense

Tim
08-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I bet he plays the first half of every PS game except the last one. Maybe one series in the last one barring any issues he has adjusting to the offense

what do you want to bet?

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Even if Manning wants more snaps in this preseason the coaches won't allow it for one simple reason, the possibility of an injury. He'll get the same regiment as any other starting QB in the preseason with Game 3 being the dress rehersal for the regular season which means Manning will play into the 3rd quarter.

RhymesayersDU
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Even if Manning wants more snaps in this preseason the coaches won't allow it for one simple reason, the possibility of an injury. He'll get the same regiment as any other starting QB in the preseason with Game 3 being the dress rehersal for the regular season which means Manning will play into the 3rd quarter.

Agreed, I don't think he'll be on any special/out of the ordinary playing time.