PDA

View Full Version : Websites to view games this year...??

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
So our government has been busy shutting down sites lately.....some of which I used last year.

Direct not available to me. So are these websites still available for those of us unable to get live out of town games anyother way ???

Thanks and do you think these sites will have preseason games as well ?

maven
08-04-2012, 08:59 PM
What may work today may not work tomorrow.

Currently, thefirstrow.eu

missingnumber7
08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
So our government has been busy shutting down sites lately.....some of which I used last year.

Not that I doubt you that the government was behind it, but I am fairly certain that it probably had more to do with the NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB protecting their programing interests especailly with online viewing options that they charge for.

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Not that I doubt you that the government was behind it, but I am fairly certain that it probably had more to do with the NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB protecting their programing interests especailly with online viewing options that they charge for.

so they have live online games available ? since when ?

missingnumber7
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
so they have live online games available ? since when ?

NFL.com does this year for preseason for $20, MLB.com has an app to view games, I believe the NBA filed a lawsuit against some Youtube posters for attempting to post entire quarters of NBA games shortly after they happened.

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 09:33 PM
NFL.com does this year for preseason for $20, MLB.com has an app to view games, I believe the NBA filed a lawsuit against some Youtube posters for attempting to post entire quarters of NBA games shortly after they happened.

ok..that helps but what about regular seson games ?

missingnumber7
08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
with verizon you can watch redzone, but I don't know about individual games...I keep waiting for them to provide an individual online watching opportunity. I think they are really missing out on something here, but I think that DirecTv has the monopoly here and until they market it different it won't change. If there are websites showing they will probably be shut down pretty quickly, best option would be to find someone with a slingbox in denver to hook you up.

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
with verizon you can watch redzone, but I don't know about individual games...I keep waiting for them to provide an individual online watching opportunity. I think they are really missing out on something here, but I think that DirecTv has the monopoly here and until they market it different it won't change. If there are websites showing they will probably be shut down pretty quickly, best option would be to find someone with a slingbox in denver to hook you up.

slingbox would be live or prerecorded ?

nfl is being stupid by not tapping this market. if they want to be this way I don't feel bad at all gettiing it so called illegally............their choice....not mine.

sutoazul
08-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I agree. I will not get direct TV but I'm willing to pay to watch the Broncos legally. Until they provide me with a better option and watching on those websites. Their loss.

Rolandftw
08-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Direct not available to me. So are these websites still available for those of us unable to get live out of town games anyother way ???

firstrow is probably your best bet. There's also vipbox.tv.

If you want a legal option and own a ps3, and DirectTV isn't available in your viewing area... can get it online that way. Not sure if the quality's going to be worth it tho, as I heard mixed reviews in that regard. Plus the cost is a ripoff for what it is imo

Can also get Game Rewind, but that's not live. Only archived games.

Agamemnon
08-06-2012, 11:43 PM
The NFL's lack of online streaming truly baffles me. So much money to be made there versus the very small market of people willing to pay for Sunday Ticket. Makes me think Goodell has stock in DirectTV or something.

Bacchus
08-07-2012, 06:33 AM
The NFL's lack of online streaming truly baffles me. So much money to be made there versus the very small market of people willing to pay for Sunday Ticket. Makes me think Goodell has stock in DirectTV or something.

Direct TV pays a ****load amount of money to have exclusive rights.

Agamemnon
08-07-2012, 06:46 AM

I'd bet the amount of money to be made with online streaming would blow whatever amount they are paying out of the water.

Crushaholic
08-07-2012, 09:03 AM

Do you have NFL Network? If so, there is a thread with the preseason game TV listings...

ludo21
08-07-2012, 09:15 AM
myp2p

RhymesayersDU
08-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd bet the amount of money to be made with online streaming would blow whatever amount they are paying out of the water.

And chances are you'd be wrong, I'd imagine.

Mogulseeker
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM

The NFL has a package to stream online.

I can get DirectTv on my iPad.