PDA

View Full Version : Siliga

MABroncoFan
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
How has Sealver Siliga looked in camp? I haven't seen much mention of him. Is he running 2nd or 3rd team?

Kaylore
08-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Second team and he looks decent. Pretty steady. Not explosive, but a consistent heavy load.

yerner
08-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Second team and he looks decent. Pretty steady. Not explosive, but a consistent heavy load.

that's what she said.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 11:23 PM

What do you think of his odds of making the team or PS this year..

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 11:26 PM
that's what she said.

Boom!

Bacchus
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM

Oh great first Manning and now Silga. Does Denver have any EXPLOSIVE players??:giggle:

Kaylore
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
What do you think of his odds of making the team or PS this year..

Well when I was there it Unrein/Warren on the one's and Siliga/Vickerson on the two's. I am not sure with Bannon returning to practice who get's moved down. Unrein stays, so it depends on if they like Vickerson over Siliga. Vickerson has appeared frequently winded at times. While he obviously made his conditioning test, that doesn't mean he wasn't sucking air. It makes me wonder about his work ethic...

driver
08-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Well when I was there it Unrein/Warren on the one's and Siliga/Vickerson on the two's. I am not sure with Bannon returning to practice who get's moved down. Unrein stays, so it depends on if they like Vickerson over Siliga. [QUOTE]Vickerson has appeared frequently winded at times. While he obviously made his conditioning test, that doesn't mean he wasn't sucking air. It makes me wonder about his work ethic...

That is really interesting! No one has said anything in camp report's , good catch . Glad Mitch is locking up a spot. Now if Siliga and Garland can show enough we could eventually have a very good young rotation at both dt and de, alll from the MWC too. Wouldn't that be great. Pulling for them!:wave:

ps; you gave a good laugh in you're second camp report when you said, Mitch took walton and moved him anywhere he wanted him," steering him like a boat". :~ohyah!:

uplink
08-03-2012, 06:27 AM
I guess the DTs do get tired carrying Walton and Beadles all over the field, those guys can feel heavy after awhile.

Kaylore
08-03-2012, 07:30 AM
That is really interesting! No one has said anything in camp report's , good catch . Glad Mitch is locking up a spot. Now if Siliga and Garland can show enough we could eventually have a very good young rotation at both dt and de, alll from the MWC too. Wouldn't that be great. Pulling for them!:wave:

I went back and looked and you are correct. I totally left this out of my reports. I am sorry. I remember thinking that was important and wanting to write on it and but I must have forgotten as went through everyone.

I really am rooting for Garland. He has a really cool story. I think he's practice squad eligible, actually.

bronco militia
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Vickerson added 40 lbs this offseason....he's fine.

"I didn't know what to expect or anything like that, but I went in Coach Del Rio's office and the first thing he said to me was, 'Your butt is too small.' I guess I knew right then things would be different.
LOL

"But I think my game is big boy; that's what got me in the league. That's what kept me in the league, and that's what Coach Del Rio wants."

So, Vickerson, who is in the last year of his contract, is one of several Broncos defensive linemen who saw the writing on the scale.

Del Rio wants big — really big — players in the middle of his defensive line. So Vickerson, who said he played last season in Dennis Allen's scheme at just less than 290 pounds, reported to training camp last week at 330.

Read more: When looking for defensive tackles, Broncos' Jack Del Rio says bigger is better - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21214190/when-looking-dts-broncos-jack-del-rio-says#ixzz22URdLE8z
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

MABroncoFan
08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
I read some good things about Beal the other day. Does he have a chance to make the cut? I figure Doom, Ayers, Hunter, and Jackson are locks at DE, with Wolfe playing there and DT. Might make it hard to keep a 6th DE.

bronco militia
08-03-2012, 07:49 AM
I read some good things about Beal the other day. Does he have a chance to make the cut? I figure Doom, Ayers, Hunter, and Jackson are locks at DE, with Wolfe playing there and DT. Might make it hard to keep a 6th DE.

it's way to early to tell. 4 pre-season games, injuries and DJ's suspension will shape the roster.

ZZZ...

chrisp
08-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Well when I was there it Unrein/Warren on the one's and Siliga/Vickerson on the two's. I am not sure with Bannon returning to practice who get's moved down. Unrein stays, so it depends on if they like Vickerson over Siliga.

I'm a little blindsided by the Unrein thing - he's first team, and he's staying that way as far as you can see? Has he been really lighting it up in camp, or does he seem to be one of those inexplicable coaches' favourites who are untouchable for no good reason?

On the one hand, I like the idea of the unfancied player coming through, on the other hand, becuase we've been so consistently weak in the interior year after year we often find unfancied free agents lock up spots due to our weakness as opposed to their own great talent....which is he?

As far as I can tell he went undrafted, got picked up and then cut by houston before he came to our practice squad....it would be cool to know more about him if he's really doing well....

driver
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
I went back and looked and you are correct. I totally left this out of my reports. I am sorry. I remember thinking that was important and wanting to write on it and but I must have forgotten as went through everyone.
I really am rooting for Garland. He has a really cool story. I think he's practice squad eligible, actually.

No sweat man. You can't remember everything.
You're reports are some of the best, I appreciate them. Thanks.

DENVERDUI55
08-03-2012, 08:27 AM

I heard someone say he is a Tyson Jackson guy that we didn't blow a #3 pick on.

Kaylore
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm a little blindsided by the Unrein thing - he's first team, and he's staying that way as far as you can see? Has he been really lighting it up in camp, or does he seem to be one of those inexplicable coaches' favourites who are untouchable for no good reason?

On the one hand, I like the idea of the unfancied player coming through, on the other hand, becuase we've been so consistently weak in the interior year after year we often find unfancied free agents lock up spots due to our weakness as opposed to their own great talent....which is he?

As far as I can tell he went undrafted, got picked up and then cut by houston before he came to our practice squad....it would be cool to know more about him if he's really doing well....

He worked his way to number two last year. He's pretty solid at the point of attack and doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes. I totally get you on the "our D line sucks so he must suck" thing, though. We'll have to see.

chrisp
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I totally get you on the "our D line sucks so he must suck" thing, though. We'll have to see.

I actually think we've had a tendency to go a little overboard on the d-line. I think that under McDaniels the coaching sucked and we didn't have the right personnel for the 3-4, so we were awful everywhere but everyone focused on the line. We still weren't very good though so whether we have improved remains to be seen.

But then the other things with camp is, we're only playing ourselves so we don't really know how we match up with the rest of the NFL (and preseason won't tell us much). Hence we never really know untill the real games start. We've got some issues on our interior o-line, maybe that's making our DTs look good....?

Mediator12
08-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Siliga is a young second year player who hopefully learned what it takes to be a pro last year on the practice squad. I just hope he wants a bigger paycheck this year. He has some good NT qualities for a 4-3 front. He is not going to rush the passer, but he can hold the gap and force the play away. DEN needs that skill and in spades without Bunkley to rely on this year.

Kid has some talent, but talent aint crap without heart and execution in this league!