PDA

View Full Version : Oakland being Oakland

liljd307
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Gotta say I am surprised no one picked up on this. Maybe its too much to rip on the city after how much they have to deal with rooting for their football team but I still find this amusing.

Interested to see who people here hate more, Goldman or Oakland. Either way, enjoy.

http://dealbreaker.com/2012/08/how-much-did-goldman-screw-the-city-of-oakland-anyway/

Lestat
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
i'd laugh at this but stuff like this tends to cost good hard working people their jobs.

Vegas_Bronco
08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
More Goldman Sachs...betting against their own. Most evil bandits ever.

Bacchus
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Those large banks are running the world. They are the ones in charge, the polititians are their puppets.

DomCasual
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I made a couple bad investments last year. It wasn't too big of a deal, mind you. But I'm wondering if I could maybe get the money back, so that I could retroactively reinvest it into stuff that's done well over the same period of time.

Who would I talk to about this?

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I made a couple bad investments last year. It wasn't too big of a deal, mind you. But I'm wondering if I could maybe get the money back, so that I could retroactively reinvest it into stuff that's done well over the same period of time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Rze0XkDUqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vegas_Bronco
08-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I work with a hedgy and the manipulation of the market is disgusting...unreported volumes of collateral traded daily to fill orders. I cant wait to rip joe public off so my suits dont need pockets...cause ill have my hands in yours! Pretty much the business model that can be found in both banking and politics.

Mogulseeker
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Pretty much this.

Chris
08-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Goldman are out to **** everyone. You should know this even when you do business with them. I have friends that work there and they are entirely ignorant (their own fault). It's the upper management to worry about. These guys are sharks and need to get their teeth kicked in at some point.