PDA

View Full Version : Working Dads--please help-your feedback is needed!

Peytonsplace18
08-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Fellow Broncos fans,

Please help my wife--a Broncos fan herself--finish her dissertation by taking a short 10 minute survey on work/life balance. She has been having a difficult time getting dads to take her survey so I'm reaching out to the community for help.

To participate, please click on the following link:

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=146774

At the conclusion of the survey there's also an opportunityto enter a drawing for one of three $50 gift certificates to a family friendly restaurant.

This has been a long road and we're both ready to get back to Colorado, so any help would be very much appreciated! Please feel free to forward to any working dads you may know.

Many thanks,
Jon

Endy
08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Though I question the validity of your claim that your wife is a Broncos fan since I would probably find this same post on every NFL message board (where there are lots of working dads), I went ahead and filled out the survey because I remember the days of writing my dissertation and I try to help out anybody who is going through that suckfest.

I should also mention, not that you care, that I am curious as to why your wife didn't use a 7 point Likert scale rather than a 5 point, since a 7 point scale would allow for a respondent to "strongly agree" with some of the choices or also "agree" or "somewhat agree". That would resulted in a more nuanced data set. She also switched the levels of agreement on the 5 point scale on the second page of the survey, which could be problematic. And the 5 point scale on the third page doesn't allow for equal levels of agreement and disagreement.

Regardless, I wish her good luck.

Captain 'Dre
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Though I question the validity of your claim that your wife is a Broncos fan since I would probably find this same post on every NFL message board (where there are lots of working dads), I went ahead and filled out the survey because I remember the days of writing my dissertation and I try to help out anybody who is going through that suckfest.

I should also mention, not that you care, that I am curious as to why your wife didn't use a 7 point Likert scale rather than a 5 point, since a 7 point scale would allow for a respondent to "strongly agree" with some of the choices or also "agree" or "somewhat agree". That would resulted in a more nuanced data set. She also switched the levels of agreement on the 5 point scale on the second page of the survey, which could be problematic. And the 5 point scale on the third page doesn't allow for equal levels of agreement and disagreement.

Regardless, I wish her good luck.

Good on ya, man. It's clear that you have taken your share of graduate level research methodology courses!

Endy
08-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Good on ya, man. It's clear that you have taken your share of graduate level research methodology courses!

I currently teach my share of graduate level research methodology courses. I'm truly that nerdy. Knowitall

bronco militia
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
only you dorks can ask the same question different ways ;D

yeah, I took the survey ZZZ...

good luck!

ghwk
08-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Might want to change the title, I got knocked out of the survey when I indicated I was the only one working, my wife is a stay at home mom.

OBF1
08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I will not bother. Why not have her sign up on the mane, then ask for herself.... That is why she is having problems, trying to get others to do the hard work for her.

broncocalijohn
08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I will not bother. Why not have her sign up on the mane, then ask for herself.... That is why she is having problems, trying to get others to do the hard work for her.

Even though he is a spammer, he has heard about the Mane and what we do to newbie chicks.

It starts with....

:worthless

elsid13
08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
I really hope that this helps working dads move to certain beach in the Carolina's

Conklin
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
sweet, I tried to take it for you, but after three or four questions I was stopped because my wife doesn't work...best news I've had all day.

Captain 'Dre
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I currently teach my share of graduate level research methodology courses. I'm truly that nerdy. Knowitall

In reflecting on my graduate education, I have always considered the course I took in research methodology to be one of the most useful EVER.

It has allowed me to read articles, reports, and research and quickly ascertain whether what they have to say is meaningful, or utter crap! Ha!

TerrElway
08-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Might want to change the title, I got knocked out of the survey when I indicated I was the only one working, my wife is a stay at home mom.

Same here. Wish she could work, we could use the extra few bucks! :)

Taco John
08-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I had a problem answering the question about "working full time outside the home 35 hours a week". I work from a home office full time, inside the home - so I can only assume that I'm supposed to answer "no" since I work inside the home.

Taco John
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Hmmm... Apparently that ended the data collection from me. I fit every other criteria, except that my job is not outside the home.

Captain 'Dre
08-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Hmmm... Apparently that ended the data collection from me. I fit every other criteria, except that my job is not outside the home.

Probably not worth moving to an office building just so you can qualify for the $50 gift certificate. :~ohyah!: