PDA

View Full Version : Going to Sat's Practice at Mile High (8/4)

orangeatheist
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Thinking of taking myself and the kids to Saturday's practice at Mile High. Any advice from those who've made the trip before? Best time to arrive (begins at 3:30)? Where to park? Maybe take light rail (heard you can pick up good rumors there)? Just looking for how to get down to the stadium from Littleton.

RhymesayersDU
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Well you can take the light rail, or bus, or drive yourself.

orangeatheist
08-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Well you can take the light rail, or bus, or drive yourself.

That helps narrow down my options. Now, since you're so extraordinarily helpful perhaps you can answer the following:

If I take light rail: Where do you park? Where do you pick up your tickets? Is there someone on the train who takes your ticket? Is there a dress code? Which car should I sit in? Is the lefthand side or righthand side better? Should I face toward the direction the train is moving, or opposite? Do they have bathrooms on the train? Do they sell beverages and snacks while on-board? Are the seats cushioned or hard plastic? If hard plastic, do they allow you to bring cushions on the train?

If I take the bus: Where's the stop in Highlands Ranch? Do I need exact fare? Will I need a transfer? Is the back of the bus the best place to sit, or somewhere in the middle? How about behind the driver? Where does the bus let off? How much will I have to walk from the stop to the stadium? Will I need to cross under the freeway? What time does the bus run after the practice? Will it be dark? Should I bring a flashlight?

If I drive by car: Fill up before I leave or just play it by ear? Where to buy gas? Should I take Santa Fe, Broadway or I-25? Can my 10 year old sit in the front? My son (8) has a DVD player. Can he watch Ghostbusters on the way there? Which exit do I take? Where do I park? Should I lock the car? Where are the best bathrooms along the route?

Wiseass.

Rabb
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Other than wanting to murder everyone on the ride back, I love taking the light rail to the games.

crush17
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
My advice:

GET THERE EARLY... and secure a spot in line.

Last year it was BRUTALLY hot. I mean like ridiculous. They pretty much let you sit wherever you want so if you get there early, get to the 50 yard line and sit under the overhang of the 2nd level.

The only parking available will be on the west and south sides of the stadium. They do not charge for parking and you can tailgate if you want.

If you are coming from Littleton, the lightrail would actually be a good way to go. It will drop you off on the east side of the stadium, and you will have to walk under i-25 to the gates, but it is a good, cheap way to go.

g00fyfoot
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
The nat'l weather service is saying high of 81 on Saturday. Nice one. I'm tentatively planning on going to this thing. Not planning on doing much waiting in line, though.

maven
08-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Everyone should go if they can. This could be a Super Bowl team you are watching.

Bronc62
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Guesses on the crowd? I'm saying 30,000+

broncosteven
08-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I am going to the 1st PS game!

Sure hope Manning takes more than 1 series of snaps or even plays. Dropping $400 on tix for the whole family for a PS game. At least the kids won't know any better. I should have searched around for cheaper tix.

crush17
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Guesses on the crowd? I'm saying 30,000+

40K easy.

Broncos_OTM
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
j14]Thinking of taking myself and the kids to Saturday's practice at Mile High. Any advice from those who've made the trip before? Best time to arrive (begins at 3:30)? Where to park? Maybe take light rail (heard you can pick up good rumors there)? Just looking for how to get down to the stadium from Littleton.[/QUOTE]
just have faith in the lord, he'll see you through... oh wait

Vegas_Bronco
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Not just one superbowl but many superbowls from this team...oh and I just took the browns to the superbowl...i feel much better.

Dont forget to have the kids do the same before you go.

maven
08-02-2012, 08:53 PM
I am going to the 1st PS game!

Sure hope Manning takes more than 1 series of snaps or even plays. Dropping $400 on tix for the whole family for a PS game. At least the kids won't know any better. I should have searched around for cheaper tix.

Oh, this isn't free?

broncosteven
08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh, this isn't free?

PS= PreSeason

It is here in Chicago.

huh??
08-03-2012, 11:35 AM
That helps narrow down my options. Now, since you're so extraordinarily helpful perhaps you can answer the following:

If I take light rail: Where do you park? Where do you pick up your tickets? Is there someone on the train who takes your ticket? Is there a dress code? Which car...

...Should I take Santa Fe, Broadway or I-25? Can my 10 year old sit in the front? My son (8) has a DVD player. Can he watch Ghostbusters on the way there? Which exit do I take? Where do I park? Should I lock the car? Where are the best bathrooms along the route?

Wiseass.

Nice touch! Well done, sir. :yayaya:

Greatspirits
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm going as well, taking my 11 year old daughter. I do suggest arrive as early as possible, they do have a kidzone which starts at 2:30. We went last year and parking wasn't bad at all, but I do expect more of a crowd this year.

huh??
08-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Take sunscreen. Especially for the kids.

Kaylore
08-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Take sunscreen. Especially for the kids.

They will have a group of clinicians there giving free skin inspections and sunscreen out, actually.

huh??
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
They will have a group of clinicians there giving free skin inspections and sunscreen out, actually.

I completely forgot about that. By being prepared, you could impress some of the cute clinicians though. :yayaya: (assuming that there are any...)