PDA

View Full Version : So I got pulled over ...

TDmvp
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm going to have my own cool story bro , TL/DR venting session just cause I'm still pretty pi$sed about this. You're welcome to thoughtfully contribute or have fun with it I don't care.

So I haven't gotten a ticket since 1994 and haven't even been pulled over and warned since then either and I was stopped and sited last week for going left of center. On a 25 mph side street like a half mile from my house going around pot holes and man hole covers I go left of center to avoid I bet 20 times a week for the last 15 years. The crap part was my Id had expired on my birthday and I didn't realize it and of course they sited me for that as well.
It's no excuse but my ID card had cracked in to back in Feb. and I had to go get it replaced and it just totally slipped my mind I needed it redone so soon after replacing.

But safe to say I am somewhat fired up over the original reason for the stop...

baja
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm going to have my own cool story bro , TL/DR venting session just cause I'm still pretty pi$sed about this. You're welcome to thoughtfully contribute or have fun with it I don't care.

So I haven't gotten a ticket since 1994 and haven't even been pulled over and warned since then either and I was stopped and sited last week for going left of center. On a 25 mph side street like a half mile from my house going around pot holes and man hole covers I go left of center to avoid I bet 20 times a week for the last 15 years. The crap part was my Id had expired on my birthday and I didn't realize it and of course they sited me for that as well.
It's no excuse but my ID card had cracked in to back in Feb. and I had to go get it replaced and it just totally slipped my mind I needed it redone so soon after replacing.

But safe to say I am somewhat fired up over the original reason for the stop...

Funny I never thought of you as a left of center kind a guy.

The police state in tightening it's grip.

Like a boa constrictor

So easy and mostly painless

Until you wake up in hell on earth.

Vegas_Bronco
08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
:curtsey:I got pulled over while telling my wife about my overtime loss in state wrestling championship match...got amped up narrating the past events while driving and that reminicing coke hit my veins. Officer pulls me over for going 88 in a 75 zone...fumny enough I recognized the last name. I politely told the officer jokingly what had happened and he asked what year I graduated and which High School...long story short...he then told me it was his older brother that I lost too and that he was killed in a shootout with some officers years back while hyped up on drugs. Guess I desrved that ticket...weird ecents make people do weird things.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 11:07 PM
:curtsey:I got pulled over while telling my wife about my overtime loss in state wrestling championship match...got amped up narrating the past events while driving and that reminicing coke hit my veins. Officer pulls me over for going 88 in a 75 zone...fumny enough I recognized the last name. I politely told the officer jokingly what had happened and he asked what year I graduated and which High School...long story short...he then told me it was his older brother that I lost too and that he was killed in a shootout with some officers years back while hyped up on drugs. Guess I desrved that ticket...weird ecents make people do weird things.

75? Fastest speed limit around my parts is 70.

As far as the OP, well if you go to court be sure and tell them if they fixed the road you wouldn't have to drive that way. After, drive down the road a few times, then send them a bill for an alignment.

broncocalijohn
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
I have beat the last 4 or 5 moving violations. Not sure in your neck of the woods but here in California, you can ask for "county court" instead of the police officer's local court. OC isn't that big but big enough that the coppers don't want to go to Santa Ana. All 4 no shows. This would really work good going to Vegas and get pulled over in Baker. No way in hell that cop is going to go to San Bernardino. SB is the biggest county in the world! Another one recent was a red light ticket in South LA but not LA proper. Since LA no longer does red light tickets, I wrote to that cities copper (who authorized the violation) and requested County court. Never got processed!
Remember this next time you get pulled over and before the copper goes back to his vehicle. Driver's Education School sucks!

LongDongJohnson
08-02-2012, 01:19 AM
You deserve it man. You are a bad boy.

Archer81
08-02-2012, 01:54 AM

As far as the OP, well if you go to court be sure and tell them if they fixed the road you wouldn't have to drive that way. After, drive down the road a few times, then send them a bill for an alignment.

In Colorado, I-25 is 75 from north of Springs to the DTC, south of Colo Springs to Pueblo. South of Pueblo to Albuquerque. I believe parts of I-70 are that way too in eastern Colorado and western Kansas. Lots of nothing to get through out here. No point waiting around.

:Broncos:

HILife
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM

wow 70? Fastest in my area is 55. Drive a little further outside my area and I can get up to 70.

HILife
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
In Colorado, I-25 is 75 from north of Springs to the DTC, south of Colo Springs to Pueblo. South of Pueblo to Albuquerque. I believe parts of I-70 are that way too in eastern Colorado and western Kansas. Lots of nothing to get through out here. No point waiting around.

:Broncos:

I noticed that the nothing areas always have the higher speeds.

long beach bronco
08-02-2012, 07:16 AM
I just came through Denver back in June and was coming home through Utah and some speed zones were 80mph. I loved it. On the Interstate 20 going through Texas to Dallas the daytime speed is 80mph but beware the nightime speed is 60mph. They have both speed limits on the same sign.

Vegas_Bronco
08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Vegas to Salt Lake...muchoso 75mph zones. nothun areas...as they say...gotta use the right jargon.