PDA

View Full Version : injuries today 8-1-12 Hillman, Decker, Orton, & Goodwin

i4jelway7
08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Klis tweeted this

I did hear big day for injuries, including WR Eric Decker (groin) and RB Ronnie Hillman (hamstring)

Greg Orton & D'andre Goodwin were injured as well (ankle)

2KBack
08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
typical early camp type injuries

Doggcow
08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
fml

Mogulseeker
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Cause, yeah camp just started.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Groins and hamstrings. Guess the power plates and Tuten share the same effect

vancejohnson82
08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
an early pick RB with a hamstring injury....sound familiar

LittleFloyd
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Spit on it and rub some grass on it. They will be fine.

Rabb
08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
tussin

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I wonder if these guys are staying hydrated?? I'd be making sure these players are downing gatorade or whatever non-stop.

"I ain't thirsty coach."

"I don't care if you ain't thirsty son, keep drinking as this may help prevent soft tissue injuries, here, have a gatorade!"

Agamemnon
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Unless reports come in that any of these injuries are serious, I'm not worried. When large men run around and slam into each other they tend to get hurt.

Irish Stout
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone else who has been to camp can agree that these guys don't really put a lot of effort into their stretching period. That drives me nuts. Groin and hammy injuries often (not always) can be easily avoided with good stretching.

Drunk Monkey
08-01-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/robitussin_18468_6_big_.jpg

Rub some tussin on it

bronco militia
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Anyone else who has been to camp can agree that these guys don't really put a lot of effort into their stretching period. That drives me nuts. Groin and hammy injuries often (not always) can be easily avoided with good stretching.

they probably focus more on Dynamic Stretching...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMq_Vkou8BE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMq_Vkou8BE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Garcia Bronco
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Players...drink more water. Not that gatorade ****...but actual ****ing water

LongDongJohnson
08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Wheres tebow when you need him? We could really use his healing powers right now.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Orton was the only one who left the field early to go to the locker room, so it doesn't sound like anyone else's injuries are that serious.

Kaylore
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
FYI in camp, literally every practice someone get's a knee knocked, a toe stepped on or a knee tweaked, limps to the sideline, and is back practicing within a few minutes. There's at least one or two.

Bronco Yoda
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Uh oh.... somewhere there's a Miss I. gathering up ice packs, sports cream and an extra plush bath robe. Run Decker.....Run!!!!!!! :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
FYI in camp, literally every practice someone get's a knee knocked, a toe stepped on or a knee tweaked, limps to the sideline, and is back practicing within a few minutes. There's at least one or two.

This is true. Although I much rather hear about a Charlie horse or toe stepped on than the words hamstring and groin. Cause then the word lingering shows up weeks from now

Requiem
08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Uh oh.... somewhere there's a Miss I. gathering up ice packs, sports cream and an extra plush bath robe. Run Decker.....Run!!!!!!! :)

*plays Jaws song* :)

Tom G
08-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Amen!

Now please don't laugh. I'm a ballet fan almost as much as I am a football fan. Ballet dancers have been called by some trainers,"pound for pound, the strongest athletes there are". If you watch ballet, their contortions and leaps would cripple some NFLers. But they never pull muscles. Why not? Because they stretch every day for hours (no exaggeration). A pulled mustle for a ballet dancer is a career destroyer (and, as it turns out, sometimes for a NFLer as well).

I'm not talking about injuries from contact here. I'm referring to a receiver making a cut and pulling up lame. I'm surprised NFL teams don't place more emphasis on serious stretching. OK, not hours each day like ballet dancers do but say a half hour of Pilates type stuff each day. And maybe NFL teams do, but if they do, it's not obvious. And the problem might be that players often don't take stretches seriously. Those of you who do Pilates know what I'm talking about. A serious stretch will make you sweat.

Anyway, good comment Irish.

bronco militia
08-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Amen!

Now please don't laugh. I'm a ballet fan almost as much as I am a football fan. Ballet dancers have been called by some trainers,"pound for pound, the strongest athletes there are". If you watch ballet, their contortions and leaps would cripple some NFLers. But they never pull muscles. Why not? Because they stretch every day for hours (no exaggeration). A pulled mustle for a ballet dancer is a career destroyer (and, as it turns out, sometimes for a NFLer as well).

I'm not talking about injuries from contact here. I'm referring to a receiver making a cut and pulling up lame. I'm surprised NFL teams don't place more emphasis on serious stretching. OK, not hours each day like ballet dancers do but say a half hour of Pilates type stuff each day. And maybe NFL teams do, but if they do, it's not obvious. And the problem might that players often don't take stretches seriously. Those of you who do Pilates know what I'm talking about. A serious stretch will make you sweat.

Herchel Walker approves of this post

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Ts9Vw1SV1R7/x350.jpg

gunns
08-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh lawdy, lawdy, my boy is hurt. Does he need a rub down?

Miss I.
08-01-2012, 01:48 PM

too late. bitch didn't have a chance. a little chloroform goes a long way I tell you...OH SHUT ERIC, you will be fine, quit your crying. you know you enjoy watching the Olympics.

oh sorry, um, what I meant to say, was I hope that Eric's groin will recover and he will be uh playing the field again soon.

:curtsey:

Conklin
08-01-2012, 01:56 PM

science has actually shown that stretching before can potentially hinder performance and cause injuries do to the stretching, your muscle fiber will over-react and stiffen up to protect itself and thus cause more damage during a workout/game.

Bacchus
08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Herchel Walker approves of this post

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04Ts9Vw1SV1R7/x350.jpg

Wow, what is he doing throwing around that corpse?

bronco militia
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow, what is he doing throwing around that corpse?

pound for pound, that thing will kick your ass :D

Kaylore
08-01-2012, 02:10 PM
FYI I heard on the radio today that Hillman and Decker both had to leave the field after their injuries. I hope Decker's groin is ok, because those things can months if it's bad.

2KBack
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
science has actually shown that stretching before can potentially hinder performance and cause injuries do to the stretching, your muscle fiber will over-react and stiffen up to protect itself and thus cause more damage during a workout/game.

This is true, but only for stretching immediately before. Stretching sessions after or independent of the high impact exercise is still important.

baja
08-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Players...drink more water. Not that gatorade ****...but actual ****ing water

This and not just any water - structured water.

cmhargrove
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I'll remember this in case I ever want to drop 120 lbs to fight a ballerina!

RhymesayersDU
08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
LOL OMANE DOCTORS.

ColoradoDarin
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Two words

Yo.
Ga.

bronco militia
08-01-2012, 02:51 PM
LOL OMANE DOCTORS.

LOL...no doubt

Irish Stout
08-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Yes on static stretching at the beginning of a work out. Dynamic stretching, yoga, or even static stretching towards the end of a work out are all shown to be beneficial for overall flexibility and mobility.

Irish Stout
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
LOL OMANE DOCTORS.

Take two of these and call me in the morning.

http://blog.prescriptionaccess.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/pharmabs-pill.jpg

Bronco Yoda
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cDFwCTO2QIo/TFROHRE-DaI/AAAAAAAAAEg/zxQiqpizKmk/s1600/chinese_man_stretch_exercise.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
LOL OMANE DOCTORS.

There's gotta be a few OMers who are doctors. I know there's a few brain scientists and rocket surgeons.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
FYI I heard on the radio today that Hillman and Decker both had to leave the field after their injuries. I hope Decker's groin is ok, because those things can months if it's bad.

Miss I will message that groin, until here hands fall off I'm tell'n yahs...

Chris
08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cDFwCTO2QIo/TFROHRE-DaI/AAAAAAAAAEg/zxQiqpizKmk/s1600/chinese_man_stretch_exercise.jpg

Look! No testicle!

Kaylore
08-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Miss I will message that groin, until here hands fall off I'm tell'n yahs...

:giggle:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Carl_Brutananadilewski.png/200px-Carl_Brutananadilewski.png

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM
love that show...

lonestar
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Moral of teh story Amen!

I'm not talking about injuries from contact here. I'm referring to a receiver making a cut and pulling up lame. I'm surprised NFL teams don't place more emphasis on serious stretching. OK, not hours each day like ballet dancers do but say a half hour of Pilates type stuff each day. And maybe NFL teams do, but if they do, it's not obvious. And the problem might be that players often don't take stretches seriously. Those of you who do Pilates know what I'm talking about. A serious stretch will make you sweat.

My Daughter did ballet for years 4th through 10th when she flat had to quit because of all the other sports she was on..

At 5'9" 140 pounds could out jump most 6 footers playing low post for a rebound and up to 6'3" in volley ball as a middle blocker.. Then at State took second place in long jump as well as high jump had one more miss than the first place gal .. took first place in 300 hurdles and as anchor on the 4x200 and 4x400..

She got a full ride to college playing VB, is now debt free because Mom insisted on her being in ballet.. stretching and strength was scary for her..

Moral of the story get your kids into Ballet and never bitch about paying to do it... could save you a ton of money down the road..

maher_tyler
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

When I played in HS, every practice started with calistatics...

broncosteven
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Moral of teh story

My Daughter did ballet for years 4th through 10th when she flat had to quit because of all the other sports she was on..

At 5'9" 140 pounds could out jump most 6 footers playing low post for a rebound and up to 6'3" in volley ball as a middle blocker.. Then at State took second place in long jump as well as high jump had one more miss than the first place gal .. took first place in 300 hurdles and as anchor on the 4x200 and 4x400..

She got a full ride to college playing VB, is now debt free because Mom insisted on her being in ballet.. stretching and strength was scary for her..

Moral of the story get your kids into Ballet and never b**** about paying to do it... could save you a ton of money down the road..

I am hoping soccer and music cover my daughters college.

yerner
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM

it's true. i've paid plenty for it in vegas.

lonestar
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM

If she is good at sports have her look at small Christian colleges they tend to have money available for women's sports.. Also many of these schools have big time donors that give big money..

While my girl had choices the absolute full ride came from an NAIA school, and while it was not the D-1 that she wanted to play at she is now debt free after one year out of school, driving a nice Volvo and putting money away to buy a house..

The thing I like the best about her school was the mens dorms and womens were on opposite sides of the campus.. A really big selling point for Dad..

cutthemdown
08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Football is brutal. Some of these guys won't make it to the season. Just how it is.

cutthemdown
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM

I love it when I hear about kids doing both. I was way too into the music side and quit playing football. Probably should have worked harder and done both. You don't realize how quickly those 4 yrs HS go by.

I know you like science type stuff so hear goes. It's a proven fact musicians can use both sides of their brains better then non musicians. Obviously some people special and just can do that, but studies have shown playing an instrument activates both sides of the brain to work together.

Also music takes a lot of teamwork and a willingness to work with others.

Sports teaches a ton of the same things. Teamwork, working hard as a group towards a goal, but also individual things like trying to be your best.

Having music be an after thought at most schools is a shame. They don't realize putting kids on instruments at a young age helps to develop a better brain.

Congratulations that your daughter has her **** together and is off to be a success in life.

cutthemdown
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
If she is good at sports have her look at small Christian colleges they tend to have money available for women's sports.. Also many of these schools have big time donors that give big money..

While my girl had choices the absolute full ride came from an NAIA school, and while it was not the D-1 that she wanted to play at she is now debt free after one year out of school, driving a nice Volvo and putting money away to buy a house..

The thing I like the best about her school was the mens dorms and womens were on opposite sides of the campus.. A really big selling point for Dad..

Except college dudes will crawl naked through broken beer bottles for a chance at some &^$$#. I didn't want to say in a thread about your daughter lol.

lonestar
08-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Except college dudes will crawl naked through broken beer bottles for a chance at some &^$$#. I didn't want to say in a thread about your daughter lol.

Probably so but drinking, drug or tobacco was not allowed on campus.. For that matter indulging with any could get them kicked out of the school. they also had a strict curfew and as an athlete even more so all of her friends were jocks so felt pretty good about things..and EVERYONE except seniors were required to be in a dorm.... when you have 35-40K per year riding on minding the rules. Well, that makes everyone mind their P's and Q's.

Was really glad she chose that school over Baylor..

Hulamau
08-01-2012, 08:38 PM
This is true. Although I much rather hear about a Charlie horse or toe stepped on than the words hamstring and groin. Cause then the word lingering shows up weeks from now

That is where the Power plates will really help! In rehabbing quicker from such muscle pulls. These guys are just getting started using these new machines and as Fox said these are all teh kind of typical camp dings and pulls that happen around this time of year. The new staff's job is to get them back on the field as soon as possible when they are ready and not allow the words 'lingering injury' get much 'leg room' to run.