PDA

View Full Version : Mane running slow for anyone else?

lonestar
07-31-2012, 10:29 AM
About every 20th post I get this response..

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

Or after posting it just not refresh.. and I resend it again a few minutes later only to get the response this is a dup message within the past five minutes.. you will be redirected ...
Which sometime happens and sometimes does not..

I just had my wiring checked and they found a bare wire from the house to the pole out side..

But it continues to happen..

Anyone else having these kind of problems.. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on an iMac, iPad or iPhone about 98% of the time..

It is only happening on OM none of the other web sites I'm on are having issues..

baja
07-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I have similar issues plus when I post or move around the site often I reload to a blank page and I have to go back and try again.

Very slow on Safari and slow on Chrome.

broncosteven
07-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Over the last couple months I have had some issues with timeouts and or long load times.

It is no where near as bad as it used to be a couple years ago when it would crash with heavy volume. I figure Taco is doing the best he can and am grateful that it has gotten better over the years.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I also have safari but really like Firefox better so have not used it in a long while so glad to hear that is also not a solution..

Also Glad to hear I'm not alone..

If it is this bad now I suspect that it will be a real problem when the season starts..

broncosteven
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
I also have safari but really like Firefox better so have not used it in a long while so glad to hear that is also not a solution..

Also Glad to hear I'm not alone..

If it is this bad now I suspect that it will be a real problem when the season starts..

I use Chrome 95% of the time but I have had the same issues on IE, and Safari on multiple PC's and from different locations.

Like I said before it is usually just a timeout thing and no where as bad as the crashes or DB errors we used to get so I just deal with it.

Maybe if Taco had some more unsolicited donations roll in he could upgrade the bandwidth even more. I know I try to give what I can every 6 -12 months to try to help him offset the hosting costs. Wish I could do more.

baja
07-31-2012, 11:10 AM
I guess clicking on the banners helps, right?

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
jhns.....I mean broncobeavis....has been posting a lot lately.

Kaylore
07-31-2012, 11:18 AM

LOL

Taco John
07-31-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll see what can be done about it. We are going to be upgrading our PHP in the near future. Not sure if that will speed things up, but it couldn't hurt.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 11:36 AM
I'll see what can be done about it. We are going to be upgrading our PHP in the near future. Not sure if that will speed things up, but it couldn't hurt.

Gald to hear

If you need some help.. post an address and I suspect many would send a check for a few bucks from time to time..

oubronco
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm sounds about right

baja
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I just went to the phone company and doubled by bandwidth to 4 megs.

One hundred dollars a month for phone + free long distance everywhere including USA and Canada + 4 megs of band width. Is that a good deal?

edit; Actually it's 1000 pesos which is now $80. Is $80 dollars a good deal?

Requiem
07-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm sounds about right

Ditto.