PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow

Pages : [1] 2

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 08:18 AM
As a fan of the Denver Broncos I’m somewhat conflicted. I had more fun watching the Broncos last year than I have had in a decade. It had been nearly that long since the Broncos won a playoff game, and when the season started with the glowing presence of Kyle Orton under center I wasn’t very optimistic.

Tim Tebow managed to change my pessimism into optimism, and my optimism into glee. I took great delight in Tebow’s ability to prove the naysayers wrong time and time again. I loved watching Merril Hoge backpedal from his opinions after, on a weekly basis, Tebow proved he could do exactly what Hoge said he was incapable of. I can’t help the fact that I love watching blow-hards eat their words, and Tebow served up giant portions of crow for a lot of those types last season.
Read the rest here:
http://www.empowernetwork.com/haven/blog/peyton-manning-vs-tim-tebow/?id=haven

Ambiguous
07-31-2012, 08:29 AM
*sigh*

Garcia Bronco
07-31-2012, 08:31 AM
As a fan of the Denver Broncos I’m somewhat conflicted. I had more fun watching the Broncos last year than I have had in a decade. It had been nearly that long since the Broncos won a playoff game, and when the season started with the glowing presence of Kyle Orton under center I wasn’t very optimistic.

Tim Tebow managed to change my pessimism into optimism, and my optimism into glee. I took great delight in Tebow’s ability to prove the naysayers wrong time and time again. I loved watching Merril Hoge backpedal from his opinions after, on a weekly basis, Tebow proved he could do exactly what Hoge said he was incapable of. I can’t help the fact that I love watching blow-hards eat their words, and Tebow served up giant portions of crow for a lot of those types last season.
Read the rest here:

I agree and I find it unfortunate that we couldn't keep Tim on the team.

Rabb
07-31-2012, 08:32 AM
*sigh*

:~ohyah!:

Stagger Lee
07-31-2012, 08:33 AM
*sigh*

This. X 1,000,000

Rigs11
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
who is tebow?

spdirty
07-31-2012, 08:47 AM
When I saw the thread title I lol'ed. Though last year was fun at times, I'm glad we are now a football team and not a sideshow. Last year wore me out.

maven
07-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Read the rest here:

Did you write this blog post? Because how would anyone end up on that website.

:giggle:

oubronco
07-31-2012, 09:13 AM
There is NO comparisons move on

Irish Stout
07-31-2012, 09:17 AM
If you're not excited about this season, then you aren't paying attention.

Drek
07-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Having Peyton Manning is pretty damn awesome from a "winning titles now" standpoint, so I got no problems with replacing our starter with Manning.

But a lot of my Manning hype gets drug down by trading Tim for almost nothing, signing Hanie to be our new backup QB, then using a 2nd on Osweiler when bigger need, higher talent guys where on the board.

Am I pumped for the Manning led Broncos? Sure am. But this same team with Tebow as the #2 QB with Lavonte David to replace DJ would have me a lot more excited.

peacepipe
07-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Having Peyton Manning is pretty damn awesome from a "winning titles now" standpoint, so I got no problems with replacing our starter with Manning.

But a lot of my Manning hype gets drug down by trading Tim for almost nothing, signing Hanie to be our new backup QB, then using a 2nd on Osweiler when bigger need, higher talent guys where on the board.

Am I pumped for the Manning led Broncos? Sure am. But this same team with Tebow as the #2 QB with Lavonte David to replace DJ would have me a lot more excited.I hate to break the news to you,but noone was going to offer more than what we got. There was no line of teams trying for Tebow. there was the jags & the jets that's it.

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 09:33 AM
When I saw the thread title I lol'ed. Though last year was fun at times, I'm glad we are now a football team and not a sideshow. Last year wore me out.

I guess I watch football for entertainment, and last year was by far the most entertaining Broncos season in a long time, sideshow or not.

I thought it was pretty cool that our sideshow beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. My brother in law is a huge Steelers fan, and he was laughing his butt off about getting to play the Broncos in the first round.

Having our sideshow eliminate Rapistburger was beyond sweet.

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
I hate to break the news to you,but noone was going to offer more than what we got. There was no line of teams trying for Tebow. there was the jags & the jets that's it.

I think you're missing the point. If that's all anyone was offering, why trade him?

TerrElway
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
It was fun last year that is for sure and if you are a Broncos fan, all that matters is that the Broncos win.

But I wonder sometimes why the coaching staff doesn't get more credit with how they used Tebow last year. They changed gears mid-stream, adjusted everything for a QB with "unique" capabilities and certain limitations and between their adjustments, and the team buy in, they put TT in a position to succeed for the most part.

So many coaches and staffs would never have done what Fox and his crew did. They would have stuck to their "system" and tried to force a square peg into a round hole and last year's magic never would have happened.

So I say kudos to the coaching staff for putting it all together last year.

Rabb
07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
I think you're missing the point. If that's all anyone was offering, why trade him?

I just cannot see a scenario where it would have worked out well with Tebow and Manning on the same team. Not with the way the fan base was.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-31-2012, 09:43 AM

His skill set also doesnt really fit what we do anymore. Hes a hell of a goal line threat, but thts not something Manning offenses have struggled with. And if Peyton were to go down, the entire offense would have to change again

yerner
07-31-2012, 09:45 AM
who is tebow?

in the closet sideshow that throws a football like an ape

Br0nc0Buster
07-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Watching a pathetic passing game lose its last 3 games of the season was not exactly "fun"

That 6 game winning streak was though, but once the gimmick was figured out the "fun" stopped

The playoff win was awesome, but the Patriot loss showed once again showed what happens when you take away the gimmick

But now we have a one of the best to ever play, and because of that this season has me more excited than any in a while

Beating good teams is fun to though
Watching one of the best passers of all time is pretty fun

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
His skill set also doesnt really fit what we do anymore. Hes a hell of a goal line threat, but thts not something Manning offenses have struggled with. And if Peyton were to go down, the entire offense would have to change again
I agree that he doesn't fit what we do anymore, and I actually like the potential of Brock quite a bit.

What I don't get is the take that Tebow needed to be traded because he would be a distraction.

Fedaykin
07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Manning + Tebow is like oil and water.

Tebow may someday prove himself as an NFL QB, but he'll never be a Manning style QB. No point in having him sit behind Manning -- it'd be a disservice to both Tebow and the Team.

McDman
07-31-2012, 09:57 AM

You're blind if you honestly think Manning and Tebow could have coexisted on this team.

Garcia Bronco
07-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I still don't understand how people can trash a guy that helped the team win a bunch of games. It's okay and possible to like Tim, be sad he's gone, and realize what a great opportunity to have Manning as our QB. Life doesn't always have to be this or that.

DarkHorse30
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM

because you got Peyton Manning. Happy trails, Tim.

Garcia Bronco
You're blind if you honestly think Manning and Tebow could have coexisted on this team.

Both are professionals. I dont think it would have been a problem. Ultimately though I do believe Tim is no longer on the team because he wanted an opportunity this season, which he wouldn't have had here.

razorwire77
In the end, all of these threads pretty much turn into the same 45 page pissing contest. Last season was one of the most enjoyable in my 30 years of watching Bronco football. Tim deserves a lot of credit for that. He's also a helluva good kid and fun to root for. That being said, anybody who objectively watched last year knows that such an improbable run is not tenable. Tim's inability to throw the football consistently makes it impossible for him to be a long term viable NFL starter at the quarterback position. I hope that he continues to develop the footwork, timing, and mechanics to throw from the pocket to be successful in that role, but more and more I think he's probably going to be mostly a red zone/slash type player in the mold of Brad Smith.

As far as the Broncos go, it's time to move on. We have one of the top 5 quarterbacks to ever play the game who signed with us to try and chase one last championship. We have a gigantic high round rookie draft pick, who by all accounts so far has done better than anyone thought he would in camp. Hopefully, he'll sit for a couple of years and be ready to go when Manning is done.

Time to let go of the past, or start posting in the "TebowMania" sub forum at Gang Green.

peacepipe
07-31-2012, 10:01 AM
I think you're missing the point. If that's all anyone was offering, why trade him?because he wasn't going to be a part of the plan going forward. the broncos knew they were not going to go into 2012 with tebow as QB & because of his fan base,they weren't going to deal with that distraction moving forward. they did tebow a favor. traded him to a team that he would have a better chance with.

The Joker
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
What I don't get is the take that Tebow needed to be traded because he would be a distraction.

Really? The media would be unbearable, not to mention the Tebow fanatics who'd be baying for Tim to be thrown back in as soon as Manning has a bad game. Add in the fact that signing Manning pretty much tells Tim that the FO doesn't think he has what it takes and you have to trade him.

Also, he's pretty much the opposite style to Peyton, I don't think he's going to learn much from Peyton sitting on he bench behind him. I believe Tebow has a shot at succeeding as an NFL QB, but it's not going to be in a conventional NFL offense. He doesn't throw the short and intermediate balls well enough, and I hugely doubt he ever will. If he's to succeed a team will have to fully commit to him as their QB and design an offense around his unique skill set. A much more sophisticated version of what we did last year basically, with lots of running the ball and then deep shots down the field.

It's clear that Fox and Elway just don't feel comfortable doing that and would prefer a more conventional QB, hence the signing of Manning and the drafting of a developmental heir in Osweiler.

There was no point keeping Tebow, you have to trade him and move on.

razorwire77
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
because he wasn't going to be a part of the plan going forward. the broncos knew they were not going to go into 2012 with tebow as QB & because of his fan base,they weren't going to deal with that distraction moving forward. they did tebow a favor. traded him to a team that he would have a better chance with.

Also, if you're Peyton ****ing Manning, would you really want to deal with the ESPN Tebow watch nonsense and the circus that surrounds it? I mean do you pull Peyton ****ing Manning out of the game on first and goal to run some wildcat? I'm positive there was a wink/wink nod understanding that Tim was to be traded as soon as Manning chose Denver. What I don't get is why Timmy didn't become a Jag.

The Joker
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
For my part I'm pretty happy with how things have worked out.

Last season was a blast, any Bronco fan who didn't enjoy it is a moron essentially. I'll always think highly of Tebow for what he gave us last year and I wish him well in the rest of his career.

But truthfully I don't think he'll ever be a quality NFL QB, I just don't think he'll ever be able to overcome his deficiencies throwing the football, no matter what else he brings to the table. He deserves a shot and hopefully he gets a couple of years somewhere to see what he can do in an offense tailored for him, but I don't think he's going to revolutionise the QB position and make Denver fans regret trading him away for the rest of our lives, or even become an above average starter to be honest.

I'm excited to see Peyton Manning for hopefully the next three or four years and then seeing if we can find a more conventional QB to be a worthy heir to him. Hopefully Osweiler is that guy, if not there'll always be more fish in the sea.

Rabb
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM

Last season was a blast, any Bronco fan who didn't enjoy it is a moron essentially. I'll always think highly of Tebow for what he gave us last year and I wish him well in the rest of his career.

But truthfully I don't think he'll ever be a quality NFL QB, I just don't think he'll ever be able to overcome his deficiencies throwing the football, no matter what else he brings to the table. He deserves a shot and hopefully he gets a couple of years somewhere to see what he can do in an offense tailored for him, but I don't think he's going to revolutionise the QB position and make Denver fans regret trading him away for the rest of our lives, or even become an above average starter to be honest.

I'm excited to see Peyton Manning for hopefully the next three or four years and then seeing if we can find a more conventional QB to be a worthy heir to him. Hopefully Osweiler is that guy, if not there'll always be more fish in the sea.

exactly how I feel

DBroncos4life
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
I just cannot see a scenario where it would have worked out well with Tebow and Manning on the same team. Not with the way the fan base was.

Our SP Teams could have used Tebow.

Crushaholic
07-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Last season wasn't good for anyone with heart problems...LOL. I'm looking forward to Manning confidently leading the team down the field. The defense should be better, if they are playing with a lead...

chawknz
07-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Don't care. Tebow is no longer a Bronco. I've moved on.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Let me say I was/am a Tebow fan and agree that since John and then later with Jake there has been little if any excitement in the stadiums that DEN has played in.
Until last year by the late third Quarter and certainly by the fourth fans were leaving MHS by the droves until it was half or more empty by the end of the game..

That ALL stopped when Tebow was put into the game there was excitement by fans therefore the level of play by all the guys was elevated..

That said I'm happy we got Manning I would never compare the two in expertise, only in devotion to the game..

Other than having some moron put up a billboard if Manning threw a pick I think they could have coexisted on the team..

We had the chance to have two of the hardest working guys in football on the team..

Would Tim ever become another Manning in style, most likely not..

But would he have learned how to read defenses from Manning absolutely..

Would he have been able to work on his throwing motion, (not that unlike Brock's) while learning the game of football manning style absolutely..

While I understand Elway wanting to rid Tebow fanatics from the stadium, and the sideshow they brought to the game. I disagree with him unloading him for what they got for him..

I would have loved to see him as the future QB If he could indeed become a Pocket QB or even a roll out guy and improve his completion rate by 12% or more..

We all know that Manning is nothing but a 2-3 year rental and while Brock show promise will he ever be the leader on the field that Manning and Tebw are..

I truly beleive that 2-3 years from now tebow will be kicking our ass each time he plays us..

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I truly beleive that 2-3 years from now tebow will be kicking our ass each time he plays us..

Well, to be fair, the Broncos defenses of the last 5 years or so seem to have made their living by allowing backups and scrub QBs to look like future Hall of Famers.

uplink
07-31-2012, 11:39 AM
I liked Tebow but the broncos have a chance to win it all with Manning. It was best to have no incumbant starters around when Manning was brought it because he needs to take charge of the team right away and become the leader. This way it all worked out Manning was the leader after a few days at the minicamps.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, to be fair, the Broncos defenses of the last 5 years or so seem to have made their living by allowing backups and scrub QBs to look like future Hall of Famers.

not to mention RB's ..

I really get pissed at mikey for putting so much emphasis on O and forgetting about the DL and D when shopping for talent..

and then the whole DC thing..

the guys EGO could not handle having someone who was competent at that spot..

7 in 7 years Pat should have the franchise pulled for incompetency..

When the league sees this kind of crap they should do something..

I could see it if they we all being promoted out as HC's like NE coordinators have been.

But 7 in 7 there should be a law..

Bacchus
07-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Denver is relevant for the first time since 2005. If that doesn't excite you than nothing will.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Denver is relevant for the first time since 2005. If that doesn't excite you than nothing will.

they were relevant last year.. they had more TV coverage than I have ever seen since TD, John retired..

believe me when I say that since I do not live there I have to scrounge games where ever I can find them..

I have ABC, CBS, NBC east and west coast feed as well as my local feed here in El Paso.. Till last year when Tim took over I missed about 8 games a year.. even with all those feeds ..

After Tim started almost every game was shown on all those feeds.. I never missed a game after he was the starter.. I could find it on one of them if not all of them..

We were relevant to the TV gurus they advertisers and thus fans..

Only in the minds of those that did not like Tebow or still have a love affair with cutlet were we not..

Turd_Ferguson
07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I guess I watch football for entertainment,

If Tebow entertained you, you're going to be on the edge of your seat every time the Jets punt this year.

bronco militia
07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
cripple fight!!!

Miss I.
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
actually I am more interested to know, if were going on insane hypothetical rants or what not, would we have preferred having hired a capable coach who could've worked with Cutler or living with the mess we got instead which eventually results in Elway in the front office and Manning under center? My feeling is as great as it is to have Manning, I would've preferred skipping the McDummy error and kept Cutler, but it is what it is. Just like Tim moving on is part of it too. I like him, still like him, but he has more opportunities elsewhere then he ever would've gotten in Denver.

The Joker
07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
I think by relevant he means a team that could potentially go all he way.

As exciting as Tebow was, we were never going to go all the way with him last year. With a 100% Manning, we might have a shot.

Ambiguous
07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree that he doesn't fit what we do anymore, and I actually like the potential of Brock quite a bit.

So you are saying we need a distraction? Fantastic.

Only thing dumber than that would be to have one that has zero usable skills to this team... oh wait.

Tebow is gone... get over it. We were lucky to get a 4th rounder and not just cut him after he cost us a first rounder.

Turd_Ferguson
07-31-2012, 01:19 PM
actually I am more interested to know, if were going on insane hypothetical rants or what not, would we have preferred having hired a capable coach who could've worked with Cutler or living with the mess we got instead which eventually results in Elway in the front office and Manning under center? My feeling is as great as it is to have Manning, I would've preferred skipping the McDummy error and kept Cutler, but it is what it is. Just like Tim moving on is part of it too. I like him, still like him, but he has more opportunities elsewhere then he ever would've gotten in Denver.

Was just thinking about that the other day. Its a tough choice for me. I really liked Cutler, but this is Peyton Manning! Personally I think I would rather have kept Cutler, and either fired McD or not let him have ANY personnel control, which if that sleazy worm hadn't tried to trade Cutler, they might not have had the horrible relationship that resulted. Either way, I love having Manning, and am looking forward to a season more than any season since the one after the first superbowl.

HorseHead
07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Trust Elway...

Love Tim, he'll be fine...Football is not his last stop on what he will do with his life. And honestly, I can't wait to watch him on the Jets. I have to put up with Pats fans..it'll be fun to see if he can do something to NE two times a year that will mess the 'pats up a bit...

I know, last year wasn't pretty against them...

Play2win
07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
I’m pretty ****ing conflicted, too– about how quickly I will forget if last season even, ever really happened.

DomCasual
07-31-2012, 02:58 PM

Read the rest here:

Hey, is that you in the "Founder's Message" picture?

My mom used to love you, when I was a little kid! I think her favorite was "Weekend in New England."

lonestar
07-31-2012, 04:26 PM

cutlet is a mental cripple..

after rivers and company beat him into the sod in that last game the look on his face told me he would never beat them again.. At least as a Bronco, he was done..

unless he is coached better than he has been in the past decade he will always be the EGO that thinks his arm strength will be able to beat any coverage.. and he will gt picked off.

face he is a head case just waiting to be beat in big games..

LongDongJohnson
07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
tebow vs manning. Interesting debate.

One (tebow) sucks at QB and cant throw the ball. Huge project that probably wont work out. He's lucky that he's 2nd string in NY. Right now he's been reduced to punt protector. His fan base is annoying. Most of them dont care about the team, just the player. I dont know how people can root for somebody so hard unless they know them personally. His record as a starter was 7-4 last year. He gets all the credit but in reality he's not the main reason we won those games. The defense and special teams won us most if not all of those games.

The other (manning) is a future HOF QB. One of the greatest QB's of all time. Can put up points on the scoreboard in bunches. Without a doubt the better QB. Only question is his health. So far so good in that department.

People are upset that we got rid of Tebow. I dont understand why. He has no future as an NFL QB. Instead we drafted a 21 year old guy with a rocket arm in Brock Osweiler. Early reports on him are positive. If things work out, we should have both our QB of today and tomorrow.

DENVERDUI55
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM
I guess I watch football for entertainment, and last year was by far the most entertaining Broncos season in a long time, sideshow or not..

It was a good one but I'd take the 2005 100x over last year's season.

C00per
07-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Anne Hathaway or Rosie O'Donnell

canadianbroncosfan
07-31-2012, 05:14 PM
*sigh*

I made it to post #2, before someone hit the nail on the head.

This x 1,000,000

errand
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM

He wouldn't have been the distraction....his bat **** crazy whack job fans would've been the distraction.

It wouldn't have been but one or two weeks and the nut jobs would've been out full force talking about how someone should take a crowbar to Manning's neck or hoping fox and elway die in a plane crash....putting up billboards...calling into the radio shows b****ing...and booing anytime Manning threw an int or didn't scramble for a 1st down.

you whack jobs have no one to blame but yourself for Tebow being jettisoned...because the FO didn't want to put up with your **** anymore...hence the reason why they call it the "circus"

errand
07-31-2012, 06:51 PM

I know right? these nuthuggers act like the Broncos had to choose between Mary Ann or Ginger

broncosteven
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Both are professionals. I dont think it would have been a problem. Ultimately though I do believe Tim is no longer on the team because he wanted an opportunity this season, which he wouldn't have had here.

Looking like he is going to get the opportunity to throw a jump pass out of punt formation a couple times this year. For the sake of Jet fans I sure hope they call the jump pass play within the last few minutes of a close game (i.e. Tebow Time) cause it will be ugly if they call it anytime during the 1st 55 minutes.

Jekyll15Hyde
07-31-2012, 08:06 PM
I think by relevant he means a team that could potentially go all he way.

As exciting as Tebow was, we were never going to go all the way with him EVER. With a 100% Manning, we might have a shot.

FYP

Jekyll15Hyde
07-31-2012, 08:08 PM
He wouldn't have been the distraction....his bat **** crazy whack job fans would've been the distraction.

It wouldn't have been but one or two weeks and the nut jobs would've been out full force talking about how someone should take a crowbar to Manning's neck or hoping fox and elway die in a plane crash....putting up billboards...calling into the radio shows b****ing...and booing anytime Manning threw an int or didn't scramble for a 1st down.

you whack jobs have no one to blame but yourself for Tebow being jettisoned...because the FO didn't want to put up with your **** anymore...hence the reason why they call it the "circus"

If I could read a single, be-all, end-all post on the whole Tebow saga and be done with it for good, this would be it.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
absolutlely amazed at the bat **** crazy hate, for a good guy.. that will either get really good at the QB spot (then 90% of the current nutballsmaking fun of him will be pissed for getting rid of him when Manning retires.) or fade into oblivion.. then Y'all can crow I was first in saying he was crap..

delany
07-31-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't get the perspective of those that think winning a Super Bowl with Tebow is somehow more rewarding or interesting than winning one with Peyton.

baja
07-31-2012, 09:21 PM

errand hits one out of the park!!

Rolandftw
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
What I don't get is why Timmy didn't become a Jag.

Because the Jags were already set at the QB position, or at least their coaching staff was convinced that they were. The Jags interest, was a PR stunt pushed by their owner. They didn't want him, and Tebow was smart to not want to be somewhere if that was the case.

Rolandftw
07-31-2012, 09:30 PM
People needs to get over this junk, already. it seems like half of the threads on this board are related to Tebow. People that haven't gotten over Tebow being traded yet, should just become Jets fans and get it over with.

lonestar
07-31-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't get the perspective of those that think winning a Super Bowl with Tebow is somehow more rewarding or interesting than winning one with Peyton.

Not sure where this is coming from.. I have not seen one person that thinks Tebow is a super bowl winning QB..at least not within the next few years ..

GEE about the same time Manning retires..

Rolandftw
07-31-2012, 09:34 PM

Oh, this part I get. More people are going to doubt Tebow, then Manning--although there seems to be quite a few "experts" that doubt whether Manning can even lead Denver to a playoff spot.

Very fulfilling for fans when nearly everyone is saying a player has no chance for success and yet they are more successful then pretty much anyone expected.

delany
07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Not sure where this is coming from.. I have not seen one person that thinks Tebow is a super bowl winning QB..at least not within the next few years ..

GEE about the same time Manning retires..

Did you even read the OP link?

delany
07-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh, this part I get. More people are going to doubt Tebow, then Manning--although there seems to be quite a few "experts" that doubt whether Manning can even lead Denver to a playoff spot.

Very fulfilling for fans when nearly everyone is saying a player has no chance for success and yet they are more successful then pretty much anyone expected.

I get the individual fullfillment. If Tim ever wins a SB I will enjoy all the naysayers eating their words.

However, a Super Bowl is an incredibly tough team goal. As a Bronco fan, I will relish each one regardless of who the QB is. You can't buy one by signing a future Hall of Fame QB.

I guess it's the difference between being a fan of a team and fan of a player.

Mogulseeker
07-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Peyton Manning > Tim Tebow^10

ghwk
07-31-2012, 10:09 PM
This thread didn't deserve to be born. May it rest in peace.

peacepipe
07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
I get the individual fullfillment. If Tim ever wins a SB I will enjoy all the naysayers eating their words.

However, a Super Bowl is an incredibly tough team goal. As a Bronco fan, I will relish each one regardless of who the QB is. You can't buy one by signing a future Hall of Fame QB.
I guess it's the difference between being a fan of a team and fan of a player.

you're right but the odds are alot better with a QB like PM.

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM

What's more rewarding and interesting: 1980 men's Olympic hockey, or 2012 men's Olympic basketball?

One provided the greatest moment in American sports, and the other will be viewed by 12 people and never be talked of again. Same result, btw.

Dedhed
07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
This thread didn't deserve to be born. May it rest in peace.
Says the guy starting threads about ads for boxing gyms. Yay!

Broncos4tw
07-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Don't confuse excitement with team skill. Just because Tebow and our D pulled off miracles repeatedly (and got very lucky, MANY times), doesn't mean we were all that great a team. We had NO chance against NE. None. Tebow's style of play got him hurt in that game. If he continues to be a FB in the QB position, his career will be littered with injuries.

This year we have a chance to win because we are actually GOOD. Big difference. I'd rather be good than lucky.

And Tebow didn't prove anyone right. He has fire and spirit and does find a way to win. But if he had actual NFL QB level talent, he would have never been IN those positions where we had to pull of a miracle to win.

Excitement is great. But we never.. NEVER had a legitimate chance at the SB with Tebow at QB. If he was still around, we still wouldn't. We have a chance now. Huge difference. I'll take the QB with multiple MVP awards, thank you very much.

Bigdawg26
07-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I can't believe this thread has 3 pages! Peyton Manning who is one of the best QB's to ever play the game VS Tim Tebow!! Who in their right mind would choose Tebow! I would take Manning at 40 over Tebow!

ghwk
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Says the guy starting threads about ads for boxing gyms. Yay!

At least mine didn't posit something with the equivalency of comparing a Ferrari to an avocado. Yay!

Bacchus
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
I can't believe this thread has 3 pages! Peyton Manning who is one of the best QB's to ever play the game VS Tim Tebow!! Who in their right mind would choose Tebow! I would take Manning at 40 over Tebow!

You can't beleive a Tebow vs Manning thread is three pages??? Where have you been?

canadianbroncosfan
07-31-2012, 11:54 PM
At least mine didn't posit something with the equivalency of comparing a Ferrari to an avocado. Yay!

Yeah, geez ghwk if you're going to start an OT boxing thread it should clearly be a discussion between who is better: Floyd Mayweather or Brian "The Mullet" Sutherland

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VG5My-ar6V4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Bad comparison. More like:
Melissa McCarthy 41 two kids
http://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_header/photos/melissa-mccarthy-2012-oscars.jpg

VS.
Christie Brinkley 58. 3kids

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com//2009/08/christie-brinkley-long-blonde-hairstyle-august-09-791x1024.jpg

Miss I.
08-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Bad comparison. More like:
Melissa McCarthy 41 two kids
http://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_header/photos/melissa-mccarthy-2012-oscars.jpg

VS.
Christie Brinkley 58. 3kids

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebsalon.sheknows.com//2009/08/christie-brinkley-long-blonde-hairstyle-august-09-791x1024.jpg

Actually nciether comparision is useful. First one is actress vs talk show host. The second one is actress vs supermodel. They don't do the same job. Melissa McCarthy is an actress. Christie Brinkley is a supermodel. If I want someone to stand around and look pretty then Christie's my girl. If I want someone who can act and is damned funny, definitley going with Melissa. She's funny in Mike and Molly and Bridesmaids. Christie Brinkley can play Christie Brinkley, nice lady, pretty lady, but can't act worth a ****. Again, what do you want from them?

Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow. You want a great QB or a QB who can run but can't complete passes? On the other hand the comparisons you all put up would work if you stipulate that you are comparing apples to oranges or QBs to Fullbacks? then I suppose you could try it.

How about this instead, compare to two actresses that you want to be the best one or compare two models: Say Christie Brinkely to some runway model? Who you going to pick? Sure the runway model is probably cute, but she isn't Christine Brinkley. On the actress front, let's compare say a good actress, let's go with oh, Angelina Jolie to Katie Holmes? One is a fairly good actress, one is the chick who married Tom Cruise and both have equally retarded combo names (Brangelina vs TomKat).

OrangeCrush2724
08-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Let me say I was/am a Tebow fan and agree that since John and then later with Jake there has been little if any excitement in the stadiums that DEN has played in.
Until last year by the late third Quarter and certainly by the fourth fans were leaving MHS by the droves until it was half or more empty by the end of the game..

That ALL stopped when Tebow was put into the game there was excitement by fans therefore the level of play by all the guys was
elevated..

That said I'm happy we got Manning I would never compare the two in expertise, only in devotion to the game..

Other than having some moron put up a billboard if Manning threw a pick I think they could have coexisted on the team..

We had the chance to have two of the hardest working guys in football on the team..

Would Tim ever become another Manning in style, most likely not..

But would he have learned how to read defenses from Manning absolutely..

Would he have been able to work on his throwing motion, (not that unlike Brock's) while learning the game of football manning style absolutely..

While I understand Elway wanting to rid Tebow fanatics from the stadium, and the sideshow they brought to the game. I disagree with him unloading him for what they got for him..

I would have loved to see him as the future QB If he could indeed become a Pocket QB or even a roll out guy and improve his completion rate by 12% or more..

We all know that Manning is nothing but a 2-3 year rental and while Brock show promise will he ever be the leader on the field that Manning and Tebw are..
I disagree with him unloading him for what they got for him..

Yeah, tell us exactly how Curtis Painter has benefited sitting behind Manning, and how is his ability to read defenses? You can't teach talent.

Despite what you think, we got for him what he was worth. Notice when the deal stalled with the Jets, no team came offering a 5th rounder for him? Gimmick Qb/special team player= 6th rounder.

In 2-3 years, we are going to see him with his 3 or 4th team, not kicking our a$$.

I actually like the kid as a person. I just don't think he has talent to be a Qb in this league. As simple as that.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 06:14 AM
People needs to get over this junk, already. it seems like half of the threads on this board are related to Tebow. People that haven't gotten over Tebow being traded yet, should just become Jets fans and get it over with.

The worst Tebow threads keep getting resurrected by people who like to say those same sorts of things.

Beantown Bronco
08-01-2012, 06:42 AM
The worst Tebow threads keep getting resurrected by people who like to say those same sorts of things.

Says the guy who has 131 posts in the "Tebow Sucks" thread.

Ironic.

ghwk
08-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah, geez ghwk if you're going to start an OT boxing thread it should clearly be a discussion between who is better: Floyd Mayweather or Brian "The Mullet" Sutherland

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VG5My-ar6V4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now this thread has potential!

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Says the guy who has 131 posts in the "Tebow Sucks" thread.

Ironic.

Not ironic at all. I've probably said more than 131 times that Tim's time in Denver made me a fan.

I've also said I'll keep defending him so long as the people who can't stomach talking about him keep talking about him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you, John Elway.

Beantown Bronco
08-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Not ironic at all. I've probably said more than 131 times that Tim's time in Denver made me a fan.

There are plenty of NY Jets boards you can infect, jhns.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 07:19 AM
There are plenty of NY Jets boards you can infect, jhns.

Cute. But like Mike McCoy's game plans... repetitive and devoid of logic. :)

Kaylore
08-01-2012, 07:30 AM
I can't wait to see how "ineffective" and "uncreative" McCoy's game plans work this season in a tougher schedule.

DENVERDUI55
08-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Cute. But like Mike McCoy's game plans... repetitive and devoid of logic. :)

Hmm so the self admitted fan that wasn't a fan til Tebow Time in Denver is suddenly an expert and knows more about football than anyone in Denver's organization. If you don't believe that Beavis does just ask him and he can use cherry picked stats, pointless stats, and awful comparisions to make you a believer.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I can't wait to see how "ineffective" and "uncreative" McCoy's game plans work this season in a tougher schedule.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/peypeycoach.jpg

And before anyone says anything, yes I realize that's Gase.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Hmm so the self admitted fan that wasn't a fan til Tebow Time in Denver is suddenly an expert and knows more about football than anyone in Denver's organization. If you don't believe that Beavis does just ask him and he can use cherry picked stats, pointless stats, and awful comparisions to make you a believer.

Ha.

Today's Story: Guy Who Called for Front Office Firings Last Season Wonders Why Fans Sometimes Criticize. LOL

And as I've said before, I've been a fan since 1986. I'll be walking through the turnstyles just like everyone else on Sept 9.

houghtam
08-01-2012, 08:14 AM
And here we have a microcosm of the Tebow debate: 4 pages of people lamenting the Tebow circus and chastising those fans who want Tebow back, and...not a Tebow circus fan to be found.

Not even Beavis, if you've read his posts.

There never was, never has been a circus, yet there are still super fans fighting the good fight.

Who was obsessed with Tebow, again? #lookinthemirror

Dedhed
08-01-2012, 08:41 AM

To be fair, the game plans this year will have about 4% of McCoy's input.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 08:50 AM
And here we have a microcosm of the Tebow debate: 4 pages of people lamenting the Tebow circus and chastising those fans who want Tebow back, and...not a Tebow circus fan to be found.

Not even Beavis, if you've read his posts.

There never was, never has been a circus, yet there are still super fans fighting the good fight.

Who was obsessed with Tebow, again? #lookinthemirror

Hi. What's the weather like in Fantasyland today?

houghtam
08-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi. What's the weather like in Fantasyland today?

Cloudy with a chance of douchebag.

I'm still waiting on the call I put out months ago on anyone to find me more than three Tebow-only fans on this site. It'd be impossible now, since, you know, they're all gone.

But yeah..."legion" and "circus" is usually used to describe three idiots whose opinion you don't like.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm still waiting on the call I put out months ago on anyone to find me more than three Tebow-only fans on this site. It'd be impossible now, since, you know, they're all gone.

But yeah..."legion" and "circus" is usually used to describe three idiots whose opinion you don't like.

There is a world beyond OM. Pretty sure certain national media outlets are not describing Beavis when using the term circus.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Guess you haven't seen the coverage out of New York, where there are daily questions about who will start at QB, in spite of Rex Ryan's daily reminders that Mark Sanchez is "absolutely" the starter.

Those questions keep coming.

The Tebow fans from Florida to New Jersey continually parse every word from the Jest front office, just like last year with the Broncos.

Nobody believed the circus began and ended on the Mane.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Guess you haven't seen the coverage out of New York, where there are daily questions about who will start at QB, in spite of Rex Ryan's daily reminders that Mark Sanchez is "absolutely" the starter.

The Tebow fans from Florida to New Jersey continually parse every word from the Jest front office, just like last year with the Broncos.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/in-meadowlands-all-eyes-on-sanchez/

So how comez nobody was crying about the "Mark Brunell Circus" last year? LOL

McDman
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM

+1.

But some would call you a Tebow hater for that comment.

houghtam
08-01-2012, 09:27 AM

If Mark Sanchez were more than "just barely serviceable", there wouldn't be any controversy. Hell, the Jets wouldn't have even gone after Tebow if Sanchez were any good. The media wouldn't question when Tebow is going to go in if Mark Sanchez were even as good as Eli Manning.

No one, including Tebonners like Beavis, Agamemnon and myself, would have called for Tebow to start after a bad game by Manning.

And all this is over and above the fact that many here don't believe Manning having a bad game is even within the realm of possibility.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
If Mark Sanchez were more than "just barely serviceable", there wouldn't be any controversy. Hell, the Jets wouldn't have even gone after Tebow if Sanchez were any good. The media wouldn't question when Tebow is going to go in if Mark Sanchez were even as good as Eli Manning.

No one, including Tebonners like Beavis, Agamemnon and myself, would have called for Tebow to start after a bad game by Manning.

And all this is over and above the fact that many here don't believe Manning having a bad game is even within the realm of possibility.

Keeping in mind that Tebow is being used as punt protection and special packages, and the Jets have an OC that specializes in using the Wildcat formation, I'm not sure you can make these claims.

The Jets went after Tim for a specific purpose -- the wildcat, and special packages -- and even though they've handled it the right way (by putting it out there from the start that he's the backup QB and a special package player), the questions still come.

THAT is the circus.

It has less to do with Sanchez and more to do with the cult of Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 09:30 AM
+1.

But some would call you a Tebow hater for that comment.

Funny, since nobody did. But I understand. Irrational persecution complexes need some self-reinforcement from time to time. :)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 09:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/in-meadowlands-all-eyes-on-sanchez/

So how comez nobody was crying about the "Mark Brunell Circus" last year? LOL

One article?

You can't be serious. You point to one article, and one week where Brunell was given reps with the first team, and think it equates to daily questions about the backup QB?

Christ, you are so ****ing stupid. I mean, really really ****ing stupid. Wow.

Back on ignore.

Requiem
08-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Word is some people in NYC got Tebow on tape flippin a quarter chicken.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Keeping in mind that Tebow is being used as punt protection and special packages, and the Jets have an OC that specializes in using the Wildcat formation, I'm not sure you can make these claims.

The Jets went after Tim for a specific purpose -- the wildcat, and special packages -- and even though they've handled it the right way (by putting it out there from the start that he's the backup QB and a special package player), the questions still come.

THAT is the circus.

It has less to do with Sanchez and more to do with the cult of Tebow.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. I know this is hard to hear, but even if Tebow were never born... after watching you play football in 2010 and 2011, we fans would've been chanting for Brady f'ing Quinn if need be. Think about that for a minute. Brady Quinn.

You don't find Circus tents pitched around Pro Bowl QB's. When they show up, the last person on earth to blame is the backup QB.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 09:39 AM
One article?

You can't be serious. You point to one article, and one week where Brunell was given reps with the first team, and think it equates to daily questions about the backup QB?

Christ, you are so ****ing stupid. I mean, really really ****ing stupid. Wow.

Back on ignore.

Yeah, because when someone posts an article, you should just go ahead and assume that was the only one ever written.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brunell+sanchez+bench LOL

McDman
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM
The best part about Timbo being gone is Macgruder followed him. Same with Mojoe.

Requiem
08-01-2012, 09:43 AM
The best part about Timbo being gone is Macgruder followed him. Same with Mojoe.

Hey those are two good things. :wave:

McDman
08-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey those are two good things. :wave:

I think everyone can agree, Tebow fan or not, this place is so much better without MacGruder's unbelievably insane rants.

He is either the best troll ever or legitimately psychotic.

Miss I.
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
oh wait, I have it. Bacon vs Canadian Bacon, Manning vs Tebow....clearly there can be only ONE! and it will be....drum roll inserted here.....

http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/bacon-cabin-41.jpg

Bacon..duh...you can build a house with it...

Oh and in the Highlander scenario, clearly Christopher Lambert is the better one....no matter how sexy that other dude in the TV show is, Chris's are just better. ;D

houghtam
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Kyle, Kyle, Kyle. I know this is hard to hear, but even if Tebow were never born... after watching you play football in 2010 and 2011, we fans would've been chanting for Brady f'ing Quinn if need be. Think about that for a minute. Brady Quinn.

You don't find Circus tents pitched around Pro Bowl QB's. When they show up, the last person on earth to blame is the backup QB.

This.

I think everyone can agree, Tebow fan or not, this place is so much better without MacGruder's unbelievably insane rants.

I suppose, though, I thought everyone else put him on ignore after his third post like I did. No wonder the "circus" was so overstated. Maybe if people knew how to weed out the legitimately crazy people, we'd have a much different atmosphere around here.

TonyR
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
To be fair, the game plans this year will have about 4% of McCoy's input.

I know the story that McCoy and Gase are useless appendages is popular, particularly amongst the Teboners. But the reality is probably a little different. For example, from Peter King this week:

Peyton Manning taking coaching from offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and quarterback coach Adam Gase. He's going to be his own coordinator on the field -- we know that. But the way they talk on the practice field, you can see Manning respects his new aides.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/29/mmqb/index.html#ixzz22JdHHnwb

Powderaddict
08-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I really enjoyed last season, and the life Tebow helped breathe into the team. I will be greatful for that, and have fond memories of the 2011 season.

That said,

PEYTON FREAKING MANNING.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I know the story that McCoy and Gase are useless appendages is popular, particularly amongst the Teboners. But the reality is probably a little different. For example, from Peter King this week:

Peyton Manning taking coaching from offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and quarterback coach Adam Gase. He's going to be his own coordinator on the field -- we know that. But the way they talk on the practice field, you can see Manning respects his new aides.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/29/mmqb/index.html#ixzz22JdHHnwb

Great. Peyton likes them. He really likes them!

But as the article even points out, Peyton is the defacto playcalling coordinator. This year will be proof of nothing when it comes to McCoy's ability in that specific area.

Dedhed
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
If Mark Sanchez were more than "just barely serviceable", there wouldn't be any controversy.

This is why I don't understand why Tebow would be a distraction in Denver. If Peyton Manning is the Peyton Manning he's always been, there's no distraction.

Dedhed
08-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Bolded the important part for you.

Powderaddict
08-01-2012, 10:30 AM
This is why I don't understand why Tebow would be a distraction in Denver. If Peyton Manning is the Peyton Manning he's always been, there's no distraction.

He does have some nutso fans that would make things unpleasant.

I would have liked Tebow to stay, but I completely understand why he didn't.

Rabb
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM

I very much see your point, I swear I do and I am NOT a Tebow hater. That said, I have to disagree again...I cannot tell you how many times I heard last year other fans around me blaming everything under the sun for Tebow's mistakes instead of him and giving him every bit of credit when it went well.

We were just too polarized as a fan base and seriously it was to the point that they keep and start him or dump him, IMHO.

houghtam
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I very much see your point, I swear I do and I am NOT a Tebow hater. That said, I have to disagree again...I cannot tell you how many times I heard last year other fans around me blaming everything under the sun for Tebow's mistakes instead of him and giving him every bit of credit when it went well.

We were just too polarized as a fan base and seriously it was to the point that they keep and start him or dump him, IMHO.

I guess we'll never know, but I would be flummoxed if you'd have been able to find even one fan not named Macgruder or Armchair Bronco or Butterscotch Stallion who would be calling for Tebow if Manning were our quarterback.

As it is, there's no one currently on this site who believes that way, and yet there are still plenty who think it was dumb to get rid of Tebow.

vancejohnson82
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
there was NEVER real talk about Brunell in New York last year....

in fact, the reason Brunell was the backup was the quiet any anti-Sanchez sentiments...if they had a real backup QB, or even if their backup McIlroy was healthy, that position would have been under a lot of scrutiny

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, because when someone posts an article, you should just go ahead and assume that was the only one ever written.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brunell+sanchez+bench LOL

You're adorable.

I followed your link. The top search result was this:
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_coach_can_see_benching_sanchez_xUO4D38Md8qHOg z4OjqjFM

The first line in that article is this:
Jets coach Rex Ryan has given backup quarterback Mark Brunell first-team snaps this week in practice, but don't expect to ever see him in a game.

Thanks for the laughs.

Bacchus
08-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually nciether comparision is useful. First one is actress vs talk show host. The second one is actress vs supermodel. They don't do the same job. Melissa McCarthy is an actress. Christie Brinkley is a supermodel. If I want someone to stand around and look pretty then Christie's my girl. If I want someone who can act and is damned funny, definitley going with Melissa. She's funny in Mike and Molly and Bridesmaids. Christie Brinkley can play Christie Brinkley, nice lady, pretty lady, but can't act worth a ****. Again, what do you want from them?

Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow. You want a great QB or a QB who can run but can't complete passes? On the other hand the comparisons you all put up would work if you stipulate that you are comparing apples to oranges or QBs to Fullbacks? then I suppose you could try it.

How about this instead, compare to two actresses that you want to be the best one or compare two models: Say Christie Brinkely to some runway model? Who you going to pick? Sure the runway model is probably cute, but she isn't Christine Brinkley. On the actress front, let's compare say a good actress, let's go with oh, Angelina Jolie to Katie Holmes? One is a fairly good actress, one is the chick who married Tom Cruise and both have equally retarded combo names (Brangelina vs TomKat).

Ok, How about Melissa McCartney VS Jenny McCartney. Both actresses and both around the same age. Lets see those photo comparisons!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM

I think both are useful.

Because Peyton is a QB and Tebow is a FB.

Boobs McGee
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I guess we'll never know, but I would be flummoxed if you'd have been able to find even one fan not named Macgruder or Armchair Bronco or Butterscotch Stallion who would be calling for Tebow if Manning were our quarterback.

As it is, there's no one currently on this site who believes that way, and yet there are still plenty who think it was dumb to get rid of Tebow.

On this site, maybe not. But are you completely oblivious to the thousands of Bronco fans out there that were booing orton, putting up billboards, calling into radio stations, writing into the papers, and utilizing EVERY media outlet to voice there opinions on why Tebow was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and demoralizing/demeaning our front office at there supposed ineptness? Not to mention the DAILY whirlwind of nation wide media attention (good, but MOSTLY negative) directed at us. THAT, is a circus. As much as I loved Timothy, holy **** I'm glad he's someone else's problem. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think all of those Tebow diehards wouldn't have pulled the same BS with Manning on a regular basis. When you're fanatical about one specific player (Tebow), all common sense goes out the window.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
On this site, maybe not. But are you completely oblivious to the thousands of Bronco fans out there that were booing orton, putting up billboards, calling into radio stations, writing into the papers, and utilizing EVERY media outlet to voice there opinions on why Tebow was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and demoralizing/demeaning our front office at there supposed ineptness? Not to mention the DAILY whirlwind of nation wide media attention (good, but MOSTLY negative) directed at us. THAT, is a circus. As much as I loved Timothy, holy **** I'm glad he's someone else's problem. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think all of those Tebow diehards wouldn't have pulled the same BS with Manning on a regular basis. When you're fanatical about one specific player (Tebow), all common sense goes out the window.

Add in the local rag writing daily stories, Woody Paige's 20+ columns -- in a row -- defending the greatness of Tebow while taking the FO to task and parsing every word to come out of the FO, and anyone looking at it as something other than a circus is being somewhat disingenuous.

Stagger Lee
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM

100 thousand percent right.:notworthy

TonyR
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Tebow walking off the field shirtless in the rain has been the biggest story of Jets camp thus far, and yet some of you clowns want to suggest there's no circus. He's a walking circus, and much of it is calculated and orchestrated by him and his brother. It's really quite genius when you think about is. A backup QB, punt protector, and gimmick/wildcat player has managed to make himself one of the NFL's biggest stories. And he's done this largely by being a constant circus.

Thank you, John Elway.

Oh, and PMFM!!!

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Tebow walking off the field shirtless in the rain has been the biggest story of Jets camp thus far, and yet some of you clowns want to suggest there's no circus. He's a walking circus, and much of it is calculated and orchestrated by him and his brother. It's really quite genius when you think about is. A backup QB, punt protector, and gimmick/wildcat player has managed to make himself one of the NFL's biggest stories. And he's done this largely by being a constant circus.

Thank you, John Elway.

Oh, and PMFM!!!

And last year it was all about Sanchez coverboying GQ. It's New York FCOL. What did you expect?

razorwire77
08-01-2012, 12:06 PM

That's really what it comes down to. I also think that people would have been kidding themselves it they thought that keeping the Tebowmania circus around wouldn't have effected Manning's decision to become a Bronco. I really doubt that Peyton, coming off a major injury, feeling like he has something to prove and trying to chase a championship in his last couple of years would want to deal with the additional annoyance of boo birds after every failed 3rd down conversion, and having to deal with being bombarded with moronic Woodie Pagesqe questions about Timmy's role on the team throughout the entire camp. Whenever you have a significant minority of transplant fans that value an individual player over rooting for the team it creates a cancer throughout the franchise.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
That's really what it comes down to. I also think that people would have been kidding themselves it they thought that keeping the Tebowmania circus around wouldn't have effected Manning's decision to become a Bronco. I really doubt that Peyton, coming off a major injury, feeling like he has something to prove and trying to chase a championship in his last couple of years would want to deal with the additional annoyance of boo birds after every failed 3rd down conversion, and having to deal with being bombarded with moronic Woodie Pagesqe questions about Timmy's role on the team throughout the entire camp. Whenever you have a significant minority of transplant fans that value an individual player over rooting for the team it creates a cancer throughout the franchise.

Cool story and all, but major problems with it. 2010 was the worst year in franchise history, and you can't find any abnormal examples of this kind of stuff, even while Timmy calmly waited on the bench.

It was this front office's inept stutter-stop-then-start-then-stop approach going into 2011 that finally provoked most fans' rage enough that they were going to demand whoever was next. Mostly, it just happened to be Tim. Sure, there were some pure Timmy fans who maybe added a little something extra.

But finally benching Orton after months and months of piss poor play. Then turning the page to try the first round kid, Then trying to trade Orton and failing, then turning around to stick the camp champ failure back in only to watch him lose and **** himself some more?

They're lucky they didn't try that **** in NY or Philly. People could have gotten hurt. Those boos weren't for Tebow. They were for this FO to pull its collective head out of its ass.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Cool story and all, but major problems with it. 2010 was the worst year in franchise history, and you can't find any abnormal examples of this kind of stuff, even while Timmy calmly waited on the bench.

It was this front office's inept stutter-stop-then-start-then-stop approach going into 2011 that finally provoked most fans' rage enough that they were going to demand whoever was next. Mostly, it just happened to be Tim. Sure, there were some pure Timmy fans who maybe added a little something extra.

But finally benching Orton after months and months of piss poor play. Then turning the page to try the first round kid, Then trying to trade Orton and failing, then turning around to stick the camp champ failure back in only to watch him lose and **** himself some more?

They're lucky they didn't try that **** in NY or Philly. People could have gotten hurt. Those boos weren't for Tebow. They were for this FO to pull its collective head out of its ass.

whatever. You're just a butt hurt baby. I guess you are completely forgetting that last year was also the first year for Elway as the VP and John Fox and his staff as the HC. On top of this there as no off-season to prepare for anything!

get real you ass clown. You act like it was all so easy for everyone, just insert TT and everything will be fine!!

Fact is, there were lots of things going on last year and yes, Fox made the decision to start Tebow. Fox quickly found out that TT was in no way ready to be a traditional pro-style QB so Fox and his staff COMPLETLY REVAMPED TO OFFENSE FOR TEBOW.

I like TT just fine but you and ass clowns like you have me thankful that TT is gone. Your mantra is simple--TEBOW CAN DO NO WRONG!! IT'S EVERYONE ELSES FAULT!!

get lost, loser.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Hold on! I'm a fan of Katie! HOW DARE YOU!!!! (jk) LOL

http://www.moviesandtvhistoryguy.com/katie-holmes-sexy.jpg

VS.

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/gallery/files/1/angelina-jolie.jpg

BTW, Angelina Jolie is to bat $h!t crazy for me.

TonyR
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Bolded the important part for you.

No different than how things were under Tom Moore in Indy the last several years. And yet I'm not aware of people making fun of him for his role with the Colts.

Blueflame
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Hmmmm... you might have a point there.... ("Orton outperforming Tebow" thread)

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
whatever. You're just a butt hurt baby. I guess you are completely forgetting that last year was also the first year for Elway as the VP and John Fox and his staff as the HC. On top of this there as no off-season to prepare for anything!

LOL FOXY AND ELWAY CAN DO NO WRONG!! IT'S EVERYONE ELSES FAULT!! LOL

get real you ass clown. You act like it was all so easy for everyone, just insert TT and everything will be fine!!

Nobody said anything about easy. It was apparent to anyone with a brain that Orton wasn't the guy, or even an adequate stopgap. Nobody said Timmy was going to make everything fine. Most rational people just thought it was worth checking out.

Fact is, there were lots of things going on last year and yes, Fox made the decision to start Tebow. Fox quickly found out that TT was in no way ready to be a traditional pro-style QB so Fox and his staff COMPLETLY REVAMPED TO OFFENSE FOR TEBOW.

More excuses? I thought those were only for nuthuggers. Geez, they got hired in January. Apparently they couldn't be bothered to watch some tape and sort this stuff out going into camp?

Mastermind McCoy was there all along. If he thought Ortonary was the answer, don't you think he mighta had a couple beers with Foxy to break it to him? "Hey don't trade Orton. Errand says he's way better than Cutler! And Timmy can't fro spyros"

At the end of the day, "Best Chance to Win" were the words they themselves used. Fans disagreed because they'd been watching the Denver Broncos all along and knew better.

But they led us down the same dead end again anyway. At least you should be thankful that in the end they were lottery-winner lucky the season got rescued the way it did. Because if not, there'd be no Manning, and Fox and Co would already have burned most of the credibility they brought with them.

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm... you might have a point there.... ("Orton outperforming Tebow" thread)

Crossfire from another thread, since your buddy Errand apparently can't be honest about anything, including his raging Ortboner.

Miss I.
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Hold on! I'm a fan of Katie! HOW DARE YOU!!!! (jk) LOL

http://www.moviesandtvhistoryguy.com/katie-holmes-sexy.jpg

VS.

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/gallery/files/1/angelina-jolie.jpg

BTW, Angelina Jolie is to bat $h!t crazy for me.

wait, is she crazy for you? or crazy? Either way, I'd probably have gone lesbian a little bit for her. tee hee. well only if Eric Decker would be involved in the scenario.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
LOL FOXY AND ELWAY CAN DO NO WRONG!! IT'S EVERYONE ELSES FAULT!! LOL

Again, you can't accept the fact that it was a new front office, a new coaching staff and no offseason to prepare. You also conviniently forget that Orton, being the vet with a lot of experience, clearly out performed TT in training camp and I and others acknowledged that TT missing out on the off season was majorly detrimental to his preparation. Regardless, Orton won the job.

Nobody said anything about easy. It was apparent to anyone with a brain that Orton wasn't the guy, or even an adequate stopgap. Nobody said Timmy was going to make everything fine. Most rational people just thought it was worth checking out.

You keep re-writing your own history. I said last year was a difficult year for the entire Broncos organization due to the shut out and the new front office and new coaching staff. You on the other hand keep calling out both the FO and the Coaching staff for NOT starting TT right away yet you again refuse to acknowledge that Orton was the better QB going into the season and TT looked like crap in training camp.

More excuses? I thought those were only for nuthuggers. Geez, they got hired in January. Apparently they couldn't be bothered to watch some tape and sort this stuff out going into camp?

Mastermind McCoy was there all along. If he thought Ortonary was the answer, don't you think he mighta had a couple beers with Foxy to break it to him? "Hey don't trade Orton. Errand says he's way better than Cutler! And Timmy can't fro spyros"

At the end of the day, "Best Chance to Win" were the words they themselves used. Fans disagreed because they'd been watching the Denver Broncos all along and knew better.

But they led us down the same dead end again anyway. At least you should be thankful that in the end they were lottery-winner lucky the season got rescued the way it did. Because if not, there'd be no Manning, and Fox and Co would already have burned most of the credibility they brought with them.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

1) Fact: There was no off-season in the traditional sense due to the lock out.

2) Fact: Orton was the best QB in TC and TT was fantastically crappy.

3) Fact: Orton and the Broncos offense sucked despite the Fact that Orton DID provide the team with the "best chance to win" not so much becuase Orton was great but because the other QBs on the roster SUCKED WORSE.

4) Fact: Fox yanked Orton and inserted TT and then after getting bitch slapped by Detroit, McCoy totally revamped the offense for TT

5) Fact: TT did NOT get better as the season went on and McCoy had no reason to insert more passing plays b/c there is absolutely NO proof TT could throw the ball any more effectively than what he had been doing.

6) Fact: The Broncos went 1-3 down the stretch due in large part to other NFL teams figuring out how to stop the Broncos. The Broncos backed into the playoffs not because TT lead the team to righteous victories but because other teams in the AFCW sucked even worse that the Broncos.

bombay
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Manning would never have come without assurance that the Tebow circus was out the door. Thank God he's gone.

Beantown Bronco
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Crossfire from another thread, since your buddy Errand apparently can't be honest about anything, including his raging Ortboner.

Please. You bumped a full one year old thread for no purpose other than to argue. All you do is start and/or perpetuate these dumb arguments. How many threads can we find with "Tebow" in the title, that you haven't been significantly involved in? I wonder......

Garcia Bronco
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Again, you can't accept the fact that it was a new front office, a new coaching staff and no offseason to prepare. You also conviniently forget that Orton, being the vet with a lot of experience, clearly out performed TT in training camp and I and others acknowledged that TT missing out on the off season was majorly detrimental to his preparation. Regardless, Orton won the job.

You keep re-writing your own history. I said last year was a difficult year for the entire Broncos organization due to the shut out and the new front office and new coaching staff. You on the other hand keep calling out both the FO and the Coaching staff for NOT starting TT right away yet you again refuse to acknowledge that Orton was the better QB going into the season and TT looked like crap in training camp.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

1) Fact: There was no off-season in the traditional sense due to the lock out.

2) Fact: Orton was the best QB in TC and TT was fantastically crappy.

3) Fact: Orton and the Broncos offense sucked despite the Fact that Orton DID provide the team with the "best chance to win" not so much becuase Orton was great but because the other QBs on the roster SUCKED WORSE.

4) Fact: Fox yanked Orton and inserted TT and then after getting b**** slapped by Detroit, McCoy totally revamped the offense for TT

5) Fact: TT did NOT get better as the season went on and McCoy had no reason to insert more passing plays b/c there is absolutely NO proof TT could throw the ball any more effectively than what he had been doing.

6) Fact: The Broncos went 1-3 down the stretch due in large part to other NFL teams figuring out how to stop the Broncos. The Broncos backed into the playoffs not because TT lead the team to righteous victories but because other teams in the AFCW sucked even worse that the Broncos.

People sometimes have a lack of context. They either don't know or forget or flat refuse to acknowledge it.

Heyneck
08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Who cares!!! I would take Liam Neeson over any of them any day of the week! Chuck who?

All kidding aside... this is how I see Peyton this year! He will leave it all out... in defeat or victory!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UvZTPfPMYNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Apparently you don't understand the irony of saying the FO had a rough time early because of no offseason, but the kid coming out of his rookie year with no offseason was supposed to look more polished than the 7-year vet who'd run the same team and system for two years. The problem with Orton isn't that he can't throw a nice spiral in practice. It's that he wets his pants under pressure and gives games away with disastrously timed and frequent turnovers. This was widely understood at the time, but can't be demonstrated in 7-7 camp drills.

Hate to break it to you, but when most teams decide to move to a young new QB with no experience, the last thing they do is start by giving most reps to his predecessor in camp. RG3 was named the Redskins' starter right after he was drafted. Before they could even work out with him. Is it possible Grossman might look more polished if you sent him out there with the same first team he just got done playing with last year. It's more likely than not. But normally when a team makes a decision to go young, they don't do what EFX did. Because it doesn't tell you anything other than one guy's done it a bunch of times and the other one hasn't.

The only reason it was different in Denver is because the FO didn't support the idea of Tim starting for the Broncos, but had to make it look like it was based on something tangible because the fans were done with Orton and wanted Tim. Which again, is what make the fanbase much more upset than usual once they realized the bill of goods they'd been sold.

Blueflame
08-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Oh, ok... so resurrecting an old Tebow thread is perfectly acceptable for you to do, but a justification for complaint if anyone else does it, eh? :P

houghtam
08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
"fro spyros"

LOL

LOL

LOL

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Oh, ok... so resurrecting an old Tebow thread is perfectly acceptable for you to do, but a justification for complaint if anyone else does it, eh? :P

Not a complaint so much as a "What the eff are you talking about?" when it's done by the same people who swear they're tired of talking about it.

Jekyll15Hyde
08-01-2012, 03:02 PM
BroncoBeavis is officially the new MacGruder

Slightly smarter and almost just as annoying

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Not a complaint so much as a "What the eff are you talking about?" when it's done by the same people who swear they're tired of talking about it.

You got people talking about it. Then you got people complaining about the people talking about it. Then you got the people complaining about the people complaining. This is how these threads keep going.

Its gonna keep going on until the season is over and we actually see the results. I can predict right now Tebow will have more tackles than Manning. More rushing yards and more rushing attempts too. In fact, all stats that are not QB related will be won by Tebow.

baja
08-01-2012, 03:08 PM
You got people talking about it. Then you got people complaining about the people talking about it. Then you got the people complaining about the people complaining. This is how these threads keep going.

Its gonna keep going on until the season is over and we actually see the results. I can predict right now Tebow will have more tackles than Manning. More rushing yards and more rushing attempts too. In fact, all stats that are not QB related will be won by Tebow.

Don't forget people posting their version as to why these threads keep going.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't forget people posting their version as to why these threads keep going.

Touché!

lonestar
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, tell us exactly how Curtis Painter has benefited sitting behind Manning, and how is his ability to read defenses? You can't teach talent.

Despite what you think, we got for him what he was worth. Notice when the deal stalled with the Jets, no team came offering a 5th rounder for him? Gimmick Qb/special team player= 6th rounder.

In 2-3 years, we are going to see him with his 3 or 4th team, not kicking our a$$.

I actually like the kid as a person. I just don't think he has talent to be a Qb in this league. As simple as that.

painter, hmmm let see he was Manning backup when he was in his prime and since PM set records at starting games NO ONE thought he would ever miss one when he signed his 5 year contract last year (he signed it yesterday BTW) they thought he would be there..

That said MAnning has been teaching the QB's on the sideline at TC this year when he was not taking reps..

That never happened in IND he took the reps unless he was tired and then took all the reps in practices..

He sees the end of his career coming he now knowns he is not immortal..

He will be teaching up his backups like he has never done before.. something Painter never got..

Do you think that Tebow would have not soaked up every bit of film study that PM would have given him.. While he may have never gotten Practice reps ( that remains to be seen) he would have learned how to read defenses from at least two HOF QB's.

DO you think that even thought Tebow was a practice Junkie that he would not have become better at it by seeing the master at work?

Sorry but for anyone to think that Tebow would not have been taught up over the next few years, is just flat wrong.. He would have never pushed PM for the starting job because frankly no one would ever do that.. but by teh time PM retired his protegé would have been as ready as our coaching staff, John and PM could have made him..

If you do not think this would have been possible then we might as well trade BO right now because he is sitting in TT spot..

as for TT being on his 3-4 team well it could have happend from us not the Jets..

I think you are wrong he will come back to haunt us.. Lets hope the ghost of ladavis does not engineer a trade for him..

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
wait, is she crazy for you? or crazy? Either way, I'd probably have gone lesbian a little bit for her. tee hee. well only if Eric Decker would be involved in the scenario.

Awesome! We can call it "the Triple Decker" LOL. Only if you agree for you Katie Holmes and I do a little " Dark Knight Rising" ;)

baja
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
painter, hmmm let see he was Manning backup when he was in his prime and since PM set records at starting games NO ONE thought he would ever miss one when he signed his 5 year contract last year (he signed it yesterday BTW) they thought he would be there..

That said MAnning has been teaching the QB's on the sideline at TC this year when he was not taking reps..

That never happened in IND he took the reps unless he was tired and then took all the reps in practices..

He will be teaching up his backups like he has never done before.. something Painter never got..

Do you think that Tebow would have not soaked up every bit of film study that PM would have given him.. While he may have never gotten Practice reps ( that remains to be seen) he would have learned how to read defenses from at least two HOF QB's.

DO you think that even thought Tebow was a practice Junkie that he would not have become better at it by seeing the master at work?

Sorry but for anyone to think that Tebow would not have been taught up over the next few years, is just flat wrong.. He would have never pushed PM for the starting job because frankly no one would ever do that.. but by teh time PM retired his protegé would have been as ready as our coaching staff, John and PM could have made him..

If you do not think this would have been possible then we might as well trade BO right now because he is sitting in TT spot..

as for TT being on his 3-4 team well it could have happend from us not the Jets..

I think you are wrong he will come back to haunt us.. Lets hope the ghost of ladavis does not engineer a trade for him..

No argument, Tebow would have done all that you say and it would have been a great place for him except Manning & Elway & Fox did not want to put up with the distractions from his insane fans. That is the ONLY reason Tebow is not a Denver Bronco today.

baja
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Do you think the FO thinks Henie is an improvement over Tebow?

lonestar
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM

While everything you said was true..

Kyle Orton is not Peyton Manning..

Manning will not give the fans of Tebow anything to whine about..

Period..

lonestar
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
No argument, Tebow would have done all that you say and it would have been a great place for him except Manning & Elway & Fox did not want to put up with the distractions from his insane fans. That is the ONLY reason Tebow is not a Denver Bronco today.

And I totally agree with that..

Tis a shame.. we could have had another possible legend.. now all we have is bo.. ahahahahahahaha

DENVERDUI55
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM

I think you are wrong he will come back to haunt us.. Lets hope the ghost of ladavis does not engineer a trade for him.. Tebow would of studied hard and work his butt off. At some point you only get as good as your going to get. FG has made little strodes reading D and making passing decisions other than tuck and run.

lonestar
08-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Tebow would of studied hard and work his butt off. At some point you only get as good as your going to get. FG has made little strodes reading D and making passing decisions other than tuck and run.

I get what your saying but with another couple of years of having PM JW and the other coaches in your ear I suspect his defense reading would have been as good as any in the NFL save perhaps PM..

How good would he have gotten? I believe that his dedication to becoming a NFL QB would have motivated him into practicing until the rowing motion was correct and reading of Defenses would be great

now instead of learning from a master, he will most likely be thrown to the wolves again when sanchez steps on his crank because he can;t handle the pressure..

OrangeCrush2724
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Manning has ALWAYS been a coach on the field, during camp, practices, and watching tape. He demands perfection to the "T" in every phase of his offense. And it's not a "new" thing with him. Yes, he is more vocal this year, bc he is introducing HIS system. My point being Tim would improve with Manning here, anybody would, but not to the ability of being an average QB in this league. And we are not going to trade BO bc he has TALENT to be a functioning/good QB in this league.

I hope Tim does prove me and everybody else wrong and become this great QB, bc frankly he is a great guy and deserves it with all the effort he puts in. But I just don't think he can...

BroncoBeavis
08-01-2012, 04:56 PM
BroncoBeavis is officially the new MacGruder

Slightly smarter and almost just as annoying

And I dub thee TGN II. With slightly less negrep stupidity.

lonestar
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Manning has ALWAYS been a coach on the field, during camp, practices, and watching tape. He demands perfection to the "T" in every phase of his offense. And it's not a "new" thing with him. Yes, he is more vocal this year, bc he is introducing HIS system. My point being Tim would improve with Manning here, anybody would, but not to the ability of being an average QB in this league. And we are not going to trade BO bc he has TALENT to be a functioning/good QB in this league.

I hope Tim does prove me and everybody else wrong and become this great QB, bc frankly he is a great guy and deserves it with all the effort he puts in. But I just don't think he can...

No Manning has not been a teacher to his backups, he never allowed them to take reps in TC or Practice in the past and that was because he is/was a perfectionist..

Nothing wrong with that I guess but his TEAM was caught with their drawers down last year because of that .. He learned from that experience and while some of those reps this year are because he is probably not up to throwing as much as he used to be , he is still teaching his scheme to his backup while on the field .. Something he did not do in public before, or so I've been told by a couple of colts fans..

As for Tebow you flat do not know what he is capable of fixing and learning.. so PLEASE do not act like you do or are the final say in the matter..

I do not either but believe that if there is a way he has the guts to make it happen..

as for BO I hope he is ready when Manning retires or is injured again or we are up crapola creek without a paddle.. AGAIN..

I wish him only the best and I had zero issues with him being drafted instead of a few other folks that we could have had.. Many folks have their noses out of joint because we took him.

I did not see anyone that we could have had that would have made any bigger impact THIS year than he will..

lonestar
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Manning has ALWAYS been a coach on the field, during camp, practices, and watching tape. .

I meant to address this part but did not..

MAnning has been the defacto OC in IND for almost as long as Tom Moore was there.. He made his own calls on the field and at the LOS.. That is what he was.. What made him great, the ability to run a no huddle all game long..

errand
08-02-2012, 12:30 AM

You're an idiot...but then again, you always are.

first off the post you brought up about me supporting Orton was (context like you say) me defending the acquisition of him when Jay went ass-clown on us.....the '09 season. At the time that post was made Kyle was 21-12 as an NFL starter...he was traded to Denver, he didn't ask for the trade like Jay did. And quite frankly, regardless of the fact that Jay is a more talented QB, he hadn't produced in the win column......Kyle for the most part was a decent leader and did the best he could with the situation he was put in.

Kyle despite not being able to win alot as our QB still acted like a professional, and didn't rock the boat, and handled his demotion well. I even said that if they bench Orton for Tebow they should let the kid continue to play as yanking him in and out of the starter's gig would stunt his development. I supported Tebow in the early going, but he wasn't progressing in my opinion...

If you go back to the Tebow drafting...I supported the kid.....in fact the only problem I've ever had with him was his lack of passing ability, and the doiuchebag fans (like you) who absolved him of any responsibility or culpability for our offense's ineptness in the passing game.....or his slow development as a passer.

But like Tebow stats, you choose to cherry pick posts to support your agenda of nuthugging hero worship. Everyone sees thru your bull****....

errand
08-02-2012, 12:49 AM
The problem with Orton isn't that he can't throw a nice spiral in practice. It's that he wets his pants under pressure and gives games away with disastrously timed and frequent turnovers. This was widely understood at the time, but can't be demonstrated in 7-7 camp drills.

Again you're talking out of your hurt vagina.....had Orton's competition performed better in camp, he wouldn't have been named the starter...plain and simple.

Kyle Orton prior to this past season ('09-'10 seasons combined) completed 60.5% of his passes, for 7,455 yards in 28 starts (266 ypg avg) with 41 TD's and only 21 int's...he lost 6 of 8 fumbles...that's 27 turnovers in 28 starts...it's not an all-pro performance, but it was good enough for the FO and coaching staff to say he was good enough to run the offense they had installed.

And once again...defending Orton vs. Tebow isn't half as stupid as you defending Tebow over Manning

errand
08-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Do you think the FO thinks Henie is an improvement over Tebow?

Talent wise? No way in hell...however nobody is gonna put up a billboard demanding that Hanie become the starter....which makes their lives alot easier

errand
08-02-2012, 01:11 AM
While everything you said was true..

Kyle Orton is not Peyton Manning..

Manning will not give the fans of Tebow anything to whine about..

Period..

Are you kidding me?

48 members 27.43% of those that voted in the poll that posed the question...Who do you want as the Broncos starting QB in 2012...Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow?

55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~

It is reasonable to believe that some of these 48 members would whine or would find something to b**** about....afterall some of them never stopped b****ing.

Jetmeck
08-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Talent wise? No way in hell...however nobody is gonna put up a billboard demanding that Hanie become the starter....which makes their lives alot easier

Not a good enough reason to give him away. Even if he sat as third QB he is one of the best red zone weapons in the league period.

YAYAYA we got Manning so we supposedly don't need another red zone weapon except scoring points is how you win last I looked.

errand
08-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Not a good enough reason to give him away. Even if he sat as third QB he is one of the best red zone weapons in the league period.

YAYAYA we got Manning so we supposedly don't need another red zone weapon except scoring points is how you win last I looked.

You seriously think Manning should come out for Tebow in the red zone?

Jetmeck
08-02-2012, 01:39 AM
You seriously think Manning should come out for Tebow in the red zone?

Having multiple options available is always a good thing...................

ghostofjosh
08-02-2012, 03:20 AM

He was too much of a distraction,his fan prescence is out of control,and we are talking about Peyton Manning,he doesnt share the field with anyone,hell he doesnt even give up reps in practice,let alone coming out of a game in redzone situations,he is a top 3-4 qbs of all time,imagine telling montana,marino,elway hey bud,come out now,tims gonna drive this home

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 05:37 AM
You're an idiot...but then again, you always are.

first off the post you brought up about me supporting Orton was (context like you say) me defending the acquisition of him when Jay went ass-clown on us.....the '09 season. At the time that post was made Kyle was 21-12 as an NFL starter...

You're so epicly full of ****. Check the date...

and while Orton is barely keeping his head above water in that dept....he's walking on water compared to Cutler where it matters most...WINNING %. How many of those 85 TD's were in a big game?

July 2010. Considering Dreamy McNeckbeard already had 8 losses with the Broncos at that point, we can just rest easy once again on the assumption that Errand makes **** up as he goes along.

8-8 in 2009 and you were still sack-swingin enough to call Orton better than Cutler. Better yet, you relied exclusively on the "All he does is Win!" argument you then turned to ridicule 2 years later.

Even though neckbeard led an 8-8 team to 8-8.
Tebow led a 4-12 team to 8-8 (with 4 of those 8 losses belonging to your BF)

All I really need to fall back on is you continually swinging that Orton>Cutler axe. Guys, it just doesn't get any dumber than this.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 05:47 AM
To be fair Beavis, Orton was 8-7 in 2009; not 8-8.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 06:00 AM

I don't remember him missing starts in 09. In '10 yes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/gamelog;_ylt=AjgnHI7KrmdsmjLBe0OIAr3.uLYF?year=200 9

errand
08-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Actually Beavis...saying Orton>Cutler or Tebow is nowhere near as dumb as you claiming Tebow>Manning.....and you're still defending that retarded bull**** of punt protector>1st ballot unanimous choice HoF QB

2KBack
08-02-2012, 06:02 AM

I go with 8.5-6.5

Stupid ****ing Chris Simms

errand
08-02-2012, 06:03 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7282/gamelog;_ylt=AjgnHI7KrmdsmjLBe0OIAr3.uLYF?year=200 9

How could know anything about the '09 Broncos?

....you were still a psuedo Gator fan then.

BroncoInferno
08-02-2012, 06:04 AM

In 2009, Chris Simms started week 11 against San Diego. He also got significant playing time in week 10 against Washington after Orton left with an injury (and a 14-0 lead that Simms squandered).

baja
08-02-2012, 06:05 AM

My point exactly.

errand
08-02-2012, 06:10 AM
In 2009, Chris Simms started week 11 against San Diego. He also got significant playing time in week 10 against Washington after Orton left with an injury (and a 14-0 lead that Simms squandered).

Exactly.....amazing how a guy that allegedly has season tickets doesn't recall that ****.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Beavis has been proven a liar yet again. What a shock.

Stagger Lee
08-02-2012, 06:32 AM
I go with 8.5-6.5

Stupid ****ing Chris Simms

This. Simms was epically bad.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 06:40 AM

Ahh, I remember that now. He only had 4 attempts in SD though, to Orton's 29.

Orton gets a pass on Washington. He wasn't going to win that SD game.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Exactly.....amazing how a guy that allegedly has season tickets doesn't recall that ****.

Didn't have them until '10. The Cutler - Orton move that had the Errand stamp of approval sped the wait up quite a bit. LOL

Besides didn't you just get done saying Orton was 21-12 when you were talking up his WL% in 2010?

I forgot one game where KO left midway through. You knocked off at least 7 and then walked on like nothing happened.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Beavis has been proven a liar yet again. What a shock.

Yeah, totally. Misremembering a ****ty game from 3 years ago is totally lying.

Meanwhile, others throw out logic like "Statz don't count cuz QB's audible sometimes! Teebsux!" and just coast along day to day on that.

GreatBronco16
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Are you kidding me?

48 members 27.43% of those that voted in the poll that posed the question...Who do you want as the Broncos starting QB in 2012...Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow?

55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~

It is reasonable to believe that some of these 48 members would whine or would find something to b**** about....afterall some of them never stopped b****ing.

Thanks for highligting my name for that poll. That poll was created before we signed Manning. After Manning signed with Denver, I have not said one single time that I wanted Tebow over Manning. I was hoping for Tebow to stay in Denver, but that didn't happen.

So please don't lump me in with the group of people that are still defending Tebow and actually think he is a better QB than Manning. I got over Tebow when he was traded. Could care less what happens with him now.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Yeah, totally. Misremembering a ****ty game from 3 years ago is totally lying.

Meanwhile, others throw out logic like "Statz don't count cuz QB's audible sometimes! Teebsux!" and just coast along day to day on that.

And meanwhile, others throw out logic like "Statz don't count cuz the nfl.com game log used the word scramble" and just coast along day to day on that.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 07:32 AM
So please don't lump me in with the group of people that are still defending Tebow and actually think he is a better QB than Manning.

Sad thing is he can't find any examples of people who'd say Tebow is better than Manning. It's a long term vs short term thing.

He just keeps saying it to distract people from the Orton tent he's still furiously trying to unpitch in his pants.

Here's him still dreamin' of re-signing KO just last summer.

So if he plays well and we win games, he has no chance of being re-signed by the Broncos? and here I thought the NFL was a performanced based business

Hilarious!

houghtam
08-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for highligting my name for that poll. That poll was created before we signed Manning. After Manning signed with Denver, I have not said one single time that I wanted Tebow over Manning. I was hoping for Tebow to stay in Denver, but that didn't happen.

So please don't lump me in with the group of people that are still defending Tebow and actually think he is a better QB than Manning. I got over Tebow when he was traded. Could care less what happens with him now.

Good post. Also to the bolded part, I would like someone to please find me an example of ANYONE still defending Tebow and thinking he's a better QB than Manning.

Someone, anyone.

Bueller?

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 07:40 AM
This will be a fun thread to bump when Manning throws for 300 plus yards or when Tebow allows a blocked punt.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Good post. Also to the bolded part, I would like someone to please find me an example of ANYONE still defending Tebow and thinking he's a better QB than Manning.

Someone, anyone.

Bueller?

You have claimed Tebow will start more games at QB then Manning this year and went as far as to say Manning will be out of the NFL by 13.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Are you kidding me?

Perhaps a few would. But how many would spring for a billboard.
I for one voted that way on a lark.

Given what we all know today I'd guess that more than half would not do so again. And none of them would spring for an ad.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
You have claimed Tebow will start more games at QB then Manning this year and went as far as to say Manning will be out of the NFL by 13.

Yes...? Does starting more games = better? Was Olandis Gary better than Terrell Davis? Where have I said that Tebow is better than Manning again?

Where has anyone else said that, for that matter?

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
And meanwhile, others throw out logic like "Statz don't count cuz the nfl.com game log used the word scramble" and just coast along day to day on that.

You could assume that they neglected their own protocol on every single Tebow rush on 3rd and short. Assume all 7 Tebow runs in that situation were called passes, even though the scorekeeper described it as a called run...

still puts Tebow's 3rd and long vs 3rd and short passing ratio higher than any example you could provide. (43 to 9, 4.78 to 1)

And that's obviously not reasonably even a possible explanation. The point of the story is the situational stats prove beyond a doubt that Tebow could never have achieved a 3rd down conversion percentage on par with those throwing much shorter 3rd downs. And it also is the type of playcalling that did little to help his completion percentage.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 07:53 AM

Uh, that's obviously a guess based on health, not skill.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 07:55 AM
You could assume that they neglected their own protocol on every single Tebow rush on 3rd and short. Assume all 7 Tebow runs in that situation were called passes, even though the scorekeeper described it as a called run...

still puts Tebow's 3rd and long vs 3rd and short passing ratio higher than any example you could provide. (43 to 9, 4.78 to 1)

And that's obviously not reasonably even a possible explanation. The point of the story is the situational stats prove beyond a doubt that Tebow could never have achieved a 3rd down conversion percentage on par with those throwing much shorter 3rd downs. And it also is the type of playcalling that did little to help his completion percentage.

The idea that it was all Tebow last year that caused our offense to falter is the only stance one can take if you're putting all your eggs in one basket with this next season. If you submit the idea that the rest of the team was not that good either, that means that Saint Manning might not be able to do the job he was brought here to do, and that potential reality is something a lot of people just can't deal with.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 08:00 AM

It was one of those chickenn**** ambushes that the ass clown throws out there.

Comparing apples to bananas.

Have no fear everyone knows who does that crap.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 08:05 AM

Someone, anyone.

Bueller?

Once again I do not recall anyone saying that with a straight face.

All I have heard was folks saying they would have liked to keep Tebow around. But SOme want to make the continental divide out of the issue.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 08:05 AM
The idea that it was all Tebow last year that caused our offense to falter is the only stance one can take if you're putting all your eggs in one basket with this next season. If you submit the idea that the rest of the team was not that good either, that means that Saint Manning might not be able to do the job he was brought here to do, and that potential reality is something a lot of people just can't deal with.

Alright hough. Time to swallow some of your own medicine. Show me one poster that said that all we needed was Manning to show up and have nobody else play better, and we'd win the SB. Show me one poster, one, that thinks the Beadles, JD Walton combo wasn't part of our problems last year. Or that thinks the injury to Von's hand didn't hurt our pass rush down the stretch.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes...? Does starting more games = better? Was Olandis Gary better than Terrell Davis? Where have I said that Tebow is better than Manning again?

Where has anyone else said that, for that matter?

Claiming a player is washed up does exactly that.

DENVERDUI55
08-02-2012, 08:25 AM

No matter how you slice it or cherry pick your stats Tebow is a very ineffective passer. He completion percentage is awful, his YPA are near the bottom(by studs like Gabbert and Painter) struggles to read defense and struggles to pull the trigger before just tucking and bull in china shop act.

Requiem
08-02-2012, 08:40 AM
BroncoBeavis would do well in an orchard.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Alright hough. Time to swallow some of your own medicine. Show me one poster that said that all we needed was Manning to show up and have nobody else play better, and we'd win the SB. Show me one poster, one, that thinks the Beadles, JD Walton combo wasn't part of our problems last year. Or that thinks the injury to Von's hand didn't hurt our pass rush down the stretch.

Okay. I will. That Manning thread is a long one, but there are several examples in there.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Claiming a player is washed up does exactly that.

No, it doesn't. Once again you prove you have no reading comprehension skills. Watch this:

Even though Terrell Davis is a better back than Mike Anderson, I would rather have Anderson in there, because Terrell Davis' injury history scares me to death.

Next?

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-02-2012, 09:12 AM
No, it doesn't. Once again you prove you have no reading comprehension skills. Watch this:

Even though Terrell Davis is a better back than Mike Anderson, I would rather have Anderson in there, because Terrell Davis' injury history scares me to death.

Next?

This guy continues to be a Bozo. Afraid to put TD in there because of injury potential, yet blindly loves a QB who's style on the field provokes injury.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
This guy continues to be a Bozo. Afraid to put TD in there because of injury potential, yet blindly loves a QB who's style on the field provokes injury.

What about after TD missed 16 consecutive starts? Would it have been smart business to trade Mike and just hope TD was the same as before?

houghtam
08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
What about after TD missed 16 consecutive starts? Would it have been smart business to trade Mike and just hope TD was the same as before?

OMG BEAVIS JUST GIVE IT UP EVERY PLAYER IS JUST ONE HIT AWAY FROM CATASTROPHE ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE

Oh and also

Manning can fro dat spyro Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Next?

Hilarious! Oh wow. Tebow won't start more then 4 games (I doubt he starts any) again this year and you think he should be starting over Manning.

I bet you would have benched Brady for Cassell too!!!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM

I would take TD if he missed a full year, then had doctors saying he's recovered, while he was impressing in workouts. Plus you can carry more RBs

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I would take TD if he missed a full year, then had doctors saying he's recovered, while he was impressing in workouts.

Hey keep Brady on the bench he missed a year with an injury and it scares me.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey keep Brady on the bench he missed a year with an injury and it scares me.

So they should've kept Cassel instead! I see how it goes now.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM

History proves that 0 players has ever recovered from a injury so we need to be safe!!!!

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Two firsts offers a little more incentive to take some risk than the one-day-only fire sale our FO put on.

And we wonder why the Pats are right up there at the top every season. :)

Never mind, this isn't right. I misread the article once I checked back. I couldn't believe it myself. :)

houghtam
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Hilarious! Oh wow. Tebow won't start more then 4 games (I doubt he starts any) again this year and you think he should be starting over Manning.

I bet you would have benched Brady for Cassell too!!!!!!

No. And once again (and for the final time on my computer screen), you prove you can't read.

I have stated about 32 times since the Broncos acquired Manning that we should have kept Tebow...to sit and learn behind Manning. Can you read that with the eyes that are in your head, you son of a silly person?

Now, did I also say that we shouldn't have gotten Manning in the first place because of a long list of reasons, one of which was the fact that he's coming off injury, and all that is implied with that. You may feel free to argue me on that point, but...you won't be heard.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Okay. I will. That Manning thread is a long one, but there are several examples in there.

I'm still waiting.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
No. And once again (and for the final time on my computer screen), you prove you can't read.

I have stated about 32 times since the Broncos acquired Manning that we should have kept Tebow...to sit and learn behind Manning. Can you read that with the eyes that are in your head, you son of a silly person?

Now, did I also say that we shouldn't have gotten Manning in the first place because of a long list of reasons, one of which was the fact that he's coming off injury, and all that is implied with that. You may feel free to argue me on that point, but...you won't be heard.

Hilarious!

Stagger Lee
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Pats got a 2nd rounder for Cassel AND Vrabel. And this is the Chefs we are talking about here.

Tebow's value around the NFL was nowhere near as high as what you perceive it to be. Just because you'd give 7 first rounders and your first born for him, doesn't mean that other actual GM's would have.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Pats got a 2nd rounder for Cassel AND Vrabel. And this is the Chefs we are talking about here.

Tebow's value around the NFL was nowhere near as high as what you perceive it to be. Just because you'd give 7 first rounders and your first born for him, doesn't mean that other actual GM's would have.

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted it. The two firsts was what would've been required for another team to steal him off the franchise tag.

But I'd still give up more for Tebow than Cassel. :)

Stagger Lee
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I figured that out after I posted it. The two firsts was what would've been required for another team to steal him off the franchise tag.

Didn't see your edit before I posted. I would tend to agree with you on Tebow vs. Cassel, but that has as much to do with Matt's suckitude as it does Tebow's potential.

I'm just glad the Chefs made that deal instead of McDumbass.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Well the point is if you're not getting an offer you can't refuse, it's stupid just to get rid of him for whatever you can get. There's just no reason not to keep him. No one in his right mind would be calling for Tebow over Manning. If you go back and look, pretty much EVERYONE who wanted to keep Tebow wanted to do so to have him learn behind Manning.

houghtam
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm still waiting.

Oh don't worry your pretty little head, I'll find them. You can be patient though, it's a big thread, and I'm a busy man. I have some Blues Clues to watch, thankyouverymuch.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Well the point is if you're not getting an offer you can't refuse, it's stupid just to get rid of him for whatever you can get. There's just no reason not to keep him. No one in his right mind would be calling for Tebow over Manning. If you go back and look, pretty much EVERYONE who wanted to keep Tebow wanted to do so to have him learn behind Manning.

Unless A) the player isn't worth the headache, or B) keeping him would hinder the development of a more traditional player at the position, or C) the future hall of famer you're bringing in doesn't want to deal with the moronic fans of said player.

Then you cut your losses, ship the circus out of town, and move forward.

Thank you, John Elway.

Mediator12
08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
My goodness you people are bored or something. I thought this was a football board and instead its a pissing contest.

Move on. Be a fan of the team we have, not the team you wished we have.

Yikes! Oh and if anyone wants to talk football, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, the war, religion, and politics thread is open ;D

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Well, now that I think about it there was no reasonable way they could've kept both Cassel and Brady. Cassel was a FA and would've gone to the highest bidder no matter what. The Pats tagged him to maintain control, and get something rather than nothing. But they couldn't have kept him, paid him a Top-5 franchised salary and paid Brady at the same time. In the end the Chiefs paid him $10 mil a year, and there's no way the Pats could've matched something that insane just for an insurance policy.

baja
08-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Didn't see your edit before I posted. I would tend to agree with you on Tebow vs. Cassel, but that has as much to do with Matt's suckitude as it does Tebow's potential.

I'm just glad the Chefs made that deal instead of McDumbass.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS PLACE IF MCD HAD DUMPED CUTLER FOR CASSEL

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM

The fact that he even tried to do this was proof enough that he was a bad coach. Yet people still defended him.

Stagger Lee
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Complete meltdown, and I would have been right in the middle of it.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
So why get rid of Orton? Why not build a better pass blocking line? If his strength is passing fom the pocket, why not give the guy better protection....Tebow being able to gain 10 yards on 3rd and 9 is great but it says more about our lack of a good OL than it does about his athletic ability

Hilarious! LOL

Blueflame
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Yup... good thing he "was late to the dance".... :~ohyah!: :giggle:

baja
08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
The fact that he even tried to do this was proof enough that he was a bad coach. Yet people still defended him.

If he tried he did a piss poor job of it. I think it really was just an inquiry at that stage Cutler was still the man.

Blueflame
08-02-2012, 12:49 PM
If he tried he did a piss poor job of it. I think it really was just an inquiry at that stage Cutler was still the man.

He was exposed as the noob that he was... by his mentor.... totally played for a fool by Belichick.

errand
08-02-2012, 01:07 PM
You're so epicly full of ****. Check the date...

July 2010. Considering Dreamy McNeckbeard already had 8 losses with the Broncos at that point, we can just rest easy once again on the assumption that Errand makes **** up as he goes along.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2515502&highlight=Orton+chance#post2515502

you were saying? God you make this way too ****ing easy.....Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2515502&highlight=Orton+chance#post2515502

you were saying? God you make this way too ****ing easy.....Hilarious!

Uh, you didn't even mention winning % in that post. I already linked to the one where you did from July 2010...

and while Orton is barely keeping his head above water in that dept....he's walking on water compared to Cutler where it matters most...WINNING %. How many of those 85 TD's were in a big game?

Not that it matters. We've seen that not even 2010 and 2011 could quench that insatiable Kylerection.

So you're saying that no matter what we do with Orton as our QB, he's gone next season? No chance that we make the playoffs and he gets re-signed? no chance that he plays very well and gets another year or two?

Is that not possible?

July 29, 2011. Hilarious!

errand
08-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh, and BTW Beavis....

In July of 2010 Jay Cutler was coming off a 7-9 season with the Bears throwing for 60.5% completions for 3,666 yards 6.6 ypa 27 TD's and 26 INT's and his career w-l record was 32-37 (.463) after his first season in Chicago

...while Kyle had gone 8-7 completing 62.1% of his passes for 3,802 yards 7.0 ypa with 21 TD's and only 12 INT's and his career w-l record was 29-19 (.604%) after his first season in Denver ('09)

so why wouldn't people believe that Kyle might have been better than Cutler, especially since you pop off about how wins matters more than looking good?

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 01:26 PM
You call me a troll when you're b****ing about a guy who has done nothing but play his heart out for this team....

LOL Hilarious! LOL

errand
08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Uh, you didn't even mention winning % in that post. I already linked to the one where you did from July 2010...

Not that it matters. We've seen that not even 2010 and 2011 could quench that insatiable Kylerection.

July 29, 2011. Hilarious!

In July of 2010 the career winning pct. of Kyle Orton vs. Jay Cutler stood at....

Orton was 29-19 (.604)

Cutler was 32-37 (.464)

errand
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3511319&highlight=Manning#post3511319

LOL...LOL...LOL

Lomax
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM

They didn't keep him because he was no longer a good fit for the team and I believe they were trying to do right by him. They could have tried to nurse him along but that's an awful lot of trouble for a guy who struggles as much as he does in the basics. They probably felt that they could get a more polished "project" QB in the draft.

In the end he has a better chance to play behind Sanchez than Manning.

errand
08-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, reading "Tebow" a thousand times in front of you while the guy they booted him for struggles... I'm sure it won't rile people up at all.

Beavis 3/11/2012

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3511319&highlight=Manning#post3511319

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
In July of 2010 the career winning pct. of Kyle Orton vs. Jay Cutler stood at....

Orton was 29-19 (.604)

Cutler was 32-37 (.464)

You're not getting it. I'm laughing at you ever thinking KO was better than Jay Cutler. For any reason. Yes he won a lot early. On a team that took Rex f'ing Grossman to the Super Bowl. Think about that.

I could see some optimism about the guy when he first signed. That's part of being a fan sometimes. But you kept working his pole all the way through last fricking summer when just about everyone else was sick to their stomach at the idea of watching him play another game. You still hoped to re-sign him. WTF?

Then in the blink of an eye Mr. Team Loyalty ****cans the new QB from the word go. Suddenly winning goes from everything to nothing. It's all if's and but's all the way through the first playoff win in 6 years.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 02:15 PM
You're not getting it. I'm laughing at you ever thinking KO was better than Jay Cutler. For any reason. Yes he won a lot early. On a team that took Rex f'ing Grossman to the Super Bowl. Think about that.

To be fair, look at it this way:

2008 Bears had better record with Orton than 2009 Bears with Cutler
2009 Broncos had better record with Orton than 2008 Broncos with Cutler

Sooooo, both teams, with basically the same rosters, performed better with Orton. Obviously there was some roster tweaking between the two, but this is as close a comparison as you could ever hope to get.

errand
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3507262#post3507262

LOL...LOL....LOL

errand
08-02-2012, 02:24 PM

I could see some optimism about the guy when he first signed. That's part of being a fan sometimes. But you kept working his pole all the way through last fricking summer when just about everyone else was sick to their stomach at the idea of watching him play another game. You still hoped to re-sign him. WTF?

Then in the blink of an eye Mr. Team Loyalty ****cans the new QB from the word go. Suddenly winning goes from everything to nothing. It's all if's and but's all the way through the first playoff win in 6 years.

It's called context douche bag...

In July of 2010 Kyle had outperformed Jay anyway you sliced it over the course of their careers at that current point in time. Go back and see my posts since Kyle was benched and subsequently released...I stated numerous times he played himself out of a job...and even said that the FO needed to leave Tebow in for the rest of the season regardless of whether or not he won games.

but again...defending Kyle vs. Jay in 2010 or in July of 2011 vs. Tebow wasn't as stupid as you blasting the Manning signing and crying non-stop about the tears in your eyes about Tebow being dumped like yesterday's trash.

errand
08-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Sooooo, both teams, with basically the same rosters, performed better with Orton. Obviously there was some roster tweaking between the two, but this is as close a comparison as you could ever hope to get.

Exactly....to say that in 2010 Jay had played poorly and Kyle played better wouldn't normally be laughed at....but then again we're dealing with a nut bag that honestly thinks Tebow>>Manning...so

errand
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM

....so why are you pointing out a post where I said Kyle had outplayed Cutler? Oh, and how come that superior Bears team with the less talented Orton could win games but couldn't with the vastly superior Jay Cutler? How can that great team carry a human rummage sale of Grossman and Orton, but couldn't win it all with such an awesome QB in Jay?

I never said I hoped he'd resign...I asked your stupid ass if it wasn't possible that IF he played well, and the Broncos had a good season, could he not be re-signed by the Broncos....or is nothing possible.....i mean hell, you didn't think it was possible that Manning would be a Bronco

I stated from the get go after the QB switch that I was more concerned with Tebow showing he could play the position than whether or not he won games.....too bad for him the opposite happened...he sucked at playing QB, but did manage to help us win enough games to make playoffs.

In bold....

Lomax
08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I can't believe people are arguing Orton vs. Tebow.

Can we please get back to arguing about Jake the Snake?

bombay
08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
The beavis thing seems pre-occupied with thoughts of gay sex.

Maybe if he comes out, Timmy will tag along.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 02:48 PM

At least that's something. Not much, considering the Bears were willing to give us Orton plus two firsts and a third. Unlikely Kyle's former team thought he was anything close to Cutler's caliber. But teams can be wrong.

Then again, 9-7 or 8-8... not much difference to be seen in just one year. I could maybe see some debate at that point... especially with the price the Bears paid. But over the longer haul, things came more into focus. We spent 2010 going 4-12 and benching Orton after some real stinkers, while Jay's team went to the NFC Championship...

After 2010, I'm not sure how anyone could've still thought Orton was anything more than backup material.

errand
08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
At least that's something. Not much, considering the Bears were willing to give us Orton plus two firsts and a third. Unlikely Kyle's former team thought he was anything close to Cutler's caliber. But teams can be wrong.

so if the amount of draft pick compensation is a testament of a player's worth, then what does it say that the Jets gave up so little to get the guy who's gonna revolutionize the QB position?

Then again, 9-7 or 8-8... not much difference to be seen in just one year. I could maybe see some debate at that point... especially with the price the Bears paid. But over the longer haul, things came more into focus. We spent 2010 going 4-12 and benching Orton after some real stinkers, while Jay's team went to the NFC Championship...

and nobody has said since that point in their careers that Orton>Cutler...see how that works? when one guy outplays another guy, you tend to think that player A is better than player B...until player A no longer outplays player B.

After 2010, I'm not sure how anyone could've still thought Orton was anything more than backup material.

He might have been back-up material by 2011 season ...however according to our coaching staff, he was the best Qb we had on our roster at running the offense they had installed...until he played himself out of the job....Kyle, like Tebow has reached his terminal position as an NFL player...too bad for you one is still a QB, and the other is a punt protector running with special teams

in bold

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I can't believe people are arguing Orton vs. Tebow.

Can we please get back to arguing about Jake the Snake?

Well I think the first rule to arguing is to find someone worse to compare said player with to make your guy look better. I mean how fair is it that Manning is being compared to a SP team player? Manning can't return kicks, Manning can't block for the punter so of course Tebow is going to look better.