PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow

Pages : 1 [2]

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Well I think the first rule to arguing is to find someone worse to compare said player with to make your guy look better. I mean how fair is it that Manning is being compared to a SP player? Manning can't return kicks, Manning can't block for the punter so of course Tebow is going to look better.

I bet Manning wished he was a better tackler in that last SB. :)

errand
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Well I think the first rule to arguing is to find someone worse to compare said player with to make your guy look better. I mean how fair is it that Manning is being compared to a SP player? Manning can't return kicks, Manning can't block for the punter so of course Tebow is going to look better.

And that's all this is....Beavis thinks Manning signing was a mistake and is butt hurt over the dumping of Tebow...so he needs to deflect and distract others from that by saying "oh, yeah, well you said Orton was better than Cutler in '09!" completely forgetting that in '09 Kyle actually outplayed Jay.....and as of July of 2010 still had a better career winning pct. than Jay did.

errand
08-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I bet Manning wished he was a better tackler in that last SB. :)

Perhaps he does...I'm guessing Tim is lining up 5-6 yards deep on 4th down and 9 wishing he was a better passer

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 03:12 PM
He might have been back-up material by 2011 season ...however according to our coaching staff, he was the best Qb we had on our roster at running the offense they had installed...until he played himself out of the job....Kyle, like Tebow has reached his terminal position as an NFL player...too bad for you one is still a QB, and the other is a punt protector running with special teams

Teebs is just gettin' started. KO's spending his 8th season, Jack in Hand, hoping Tony Romo gets hurt.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 03:13 PM
And that's all this is....Beavis thinks Manning signing was a mistake and is butt hurt over the dumping of Tebow...so he needs to deflect and distract others from that by saying "oh, yeah, well you said Orton was better than Cutler in '09!" completely forgetting that in '09 Kyle actually outplayed Jay.....and as of July of 2010 still had a better career winning pct. than Jay did.

Well if I was butthurt at least it was after beating the AFC Champs. You were butthurt after 4-12 and 1-4.

bombay
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Tebow is a lousy NFL QB. If he really had the humility he claims to have, he would change positions and be a good H-back, fullback, tight end, or linebacker. Or a guard on the punt team. But those positions don't keep your name in the spotlight.

Agamemnon
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
He might have been back-up material by 2011 season ...however according to our coaching staff, he was the best Qb we had on our roster at running the offense they had installed...until he played himself out of the job....Kyle, like Tebow has reached his terminal position as an NFL player...too bad for you one is still a QB, and the other is a punt protector running with special teams

Tebow is the Jets' backup quarterback you doofus, and many are speculating that he will likely supplant Sanchez as the starter by the end of the season (not much of a feat honestly).

Do you intentionally try to look stupid or does it just come naturally?

Agamemnon
08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Tebow is a lousy NFL QB. If he really had the humility he claims to have, he would change positions and be a good H-back, fullback, tight end, or linebacker. Or a guard on the punt team. But those positions don't keep your name in the spotlight.

Makes you wonder what position Orton should switch to. Ballboy?

errand
08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Teebs is just gettin' started. KO's spending his 8th season, Jack in Hand, hoping Tony Romo gets hurt.

I'm glad Tim has re-invented himself as a punt protector......hell Abe Lincoln failed several times in his life, but he persevered too. Good for Timmy!

As for Kyle, if Romo gets hurt he'll win a few games and lose a few games since he has, like i said reached his terminal position.

errand
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Tebow is the Jets' backup quarterback you doofus, and many are speculating that he will likely supplant Sanchez as the starter by the end of the season (not much of a feat honestly).

Do you intentionally try to look stupid or does it just come naturally?

They may not be enamored with Sanchez,and this may very well be his last chance to prove he's better than he's played to date.... but they're not stupid enough from what they've witnessed in camp so far to think Tebow is anymore than he is...and incredible athlete who throws almost as bad as a high school kid..and definitely throws worse than Sanchez does.

rbackfactory80
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
They may not be enamored with Sanchez,and this may very well be his last chance to prove he's better than he's played to date.... but they're not stupid enough from what they've witnessed in camp so far to think Tebow is anymore than he is...and incredible athlete who throws almost as bad as a high school kid..and definitely throws worse than Sanchez does.

I was there today Errand. The drop-off isn't as great as you think it is. Tebow made some nice throws as did Sanchez, but it's Tebow mental toughness that separates them.

His throwing motion does look better too. Not sure if it holds up in game-time, but right now it is improved.

errand
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Well if I was butthurt at least it was after beating the AFC Champs. You were butthurt after 4-12 and 1-4.

Yeah, well your butthurt is about to get worse as your boy spends his final playing days making sure TJ Conley or Travis Baltz are safe from potential punts being blocked while Manning leads Broncos to the playoffs

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 03:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-glimpse-tebow-wildcat-style-160857513--nfl.html

''I just got a little smile and thought it was going to be fun,'' Tebow said. ''Right before that, coach Sparano told me to keep it on the bootleg, so when (Ryan) said it was live, that made me smile.''
Tebow scored on the bootleg on his first play at the goal line, and then threw a short touchdown pass to tight end Josh Baker on the next. After Terrance Ganaway fumbled on the third play, the Jets (No. 17 in the AP Pro32) showed the defense a wrinkle that opponents might have to prepare for.
''Obviously, Tim, this was his best day of camp,'' Ryan said.

errand
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I was there today Errand.

Well of course you were...Tim's your hero.

The drop-off isn't as great as you think it is.

But there IS a drop off, no? honestly now...how many times did the fans scream "throw it, dammit!" when he was dropping back to pass?

Tebow made some nice throws as did Sanchez, but it's Tebow mental toughness that separates them.

nobody questioned his mental toughness...at least I've never questioned it. I've questioned his ability to throw the ball accurately and consistently...

His throwing motion does look better too. Not sure if it holds up in game-time, but right now it is improved.

good for Tim...however they've said his throwing motion was improved in '10, and '11....forgive me for being skeptical that it truly is.

In bold

rbackfactory80
08-02-2012, 03:49 PM
He's not my hero.

Crowd reaction was a very mixed bag. Clearly many Jets fan do not want him there. There were many Denver/Tebow fans in the house though. I saw quite a few people wearing his Denver jersey. His throws were pretty good although he still has the tendency to let one float once in a while. Good news is I didn't see those ducks he was throwing last year and they do really seem like they are doing a good job coaching him up.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 03:56 PM
He's not my hero.

Crowd reaction was a very mixed bag. Clearly many Jets fan do not want him there. There were many Denver/Tebow fans in the house though. I saw quite a few people wearing his Denver jersey. His throws were pretty good although he still has the tendency to let one float once in a while. Good news is I didn't see those ducks he was throwing last year and they do really seem like they are doing a good job coaching him up.

Amazing when you do not hate someone, that you can indeed see things with clear eyes..

As for Tebow I hope he succeeds, From what I hear it is about 50-50 on whether Sanchez can keep the job..

With Rexy there I doubt there will be any fan, that will intimidate him into playing him unlike John and John past year..

time will tell..

Blueflame
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Amazing when you do not hate someone, that you can indeed see things with clear eyes..

As for Tebow I hope he succeeds, From what I hear it is about 50-50 on whether Sanchez can keep the job..

With Rexy there I doubt there will be any fan, that will intimidate him into playing him unlike John and John past year..

time will tell..

"Rexy"? :oyvey:

houghtam
08-02-2012, 04:18 PM

I mean, it's no "Shanny", but... :oyvey:

lonestar
08-02-2012, 04:19 PM

they call him sexy rexy in NYC..

I also have an ex brother in law with the same name Rexy about the same size the last time I saw them.. it is easy to use..

Blueflame
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I mean, it's no "Shanny", but... :oyvey:

... as a nickname, "Rexy" is perhaps a little too close to "sexy"...and it would be a huge stretch to characterize Rex Ryan as "sexy"... unless one shared his foot fetish or something... LOL

lonestar
08-02-2012, 04:24 PM
... as a nickname, "Rexy" is perhaps a little too close to "sexy"...and it would be a huge stretch to characterize Rex Ryan as "sexy"... unless one shared his foot fetish or something... LOL

forgot about that..

I watch a lot of NYC news and they do call him Rexy.. So like I said it is natural to repeat it..

Agamemnon
08-02-2012, 04:27 PM

You said pretty much the exact same thing when it was Tebow behind Orton. Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?

By the way, you kind of skimmed over the fact that he is still a QB, despite your claims to the contrary.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
By the way, you kind of skimmed over the fact that he is still a QB, despite your claims to the contrary.

I notice the word "starting" missing in this sentence. Which is the most important word.

errand
08-02-2012, 04:57 PM
You said pretty much the exact same thing when it was Tebow behind Orton. Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?

how am i making a fool of myself stating that Tebow can't throw the ball as well as Sanchez...or Orton? It's a fact...he cannot. Few QB's if any have a stronger arm than Jay Cutler...doesn't mean he's better than Aaron Rodgers at other things that a QB has to do now does it?

Sure he's listed as a QB...but c'mon man...really? He's being asked to bulk up, and play other positions...I'm sure they'll find one he's really good at.

in bold

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 05:09 PM

Please. They JUST signed him to a $60 million extension. He's the starter this year and for the next few years. Tebow will at best get a few snaps in goal line/short yardage situations like he did early on in 2010 with us.

maven
08-02-2012, 05:10 PM
He's not my hero.

Isn't Tebow going against the #2's and Sanchez is getting all the #1 snaps? Also, the Jets aren't a very good team so it wouldn't surprise me if Sanchez is eventually yanked in favor of Tebow. The upcoming season would have to be pretty bad ala last year to insert Tebow over Sanchez.

maven
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Please. They JUST signed him to a $60 million extension. He's the starter this year and for the next few years. Tebow will at best get a few snaps in goal line/short yardage situations like he did early on in 2010 with us.

If I remember correctly, it's a 2 year guaranteed extension. Can be cut after two.

Play2win
08-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Timmy's a false prophet Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2012, 05:27 PM
If I remember correctly, it's a 2 year guaranteed extension. Can be cut after two.

Yup. As I said, zero chance he doesn't start this whole year and probably next as well, unless hurt.

3/9/2012: Signed a five-year, $58.25 million contract. The deal contains $20.5 million guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus and all of Sanchez's 2012 and 2013 base salaries. Another $10 million is available through escalators. Sanchez is eligible for annual $500,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life.

2012: $3.25 million,
2013: $8.25 million,
2014: $9 million (+ $2 million roster bonus due in late March),
2015: $12.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due in late March),
2016: $10.75 million (+ $1 million roster bonus due in late March),
2017: Free Agent

maven
08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Yup. As I said, zero chance he doesn't start this whole year and probably next as well, unless hurt.

3/9/2012: Signed a five-year, $58.25 million contract. The deal contains $20.5 million guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus and all of Sanchez's 2012 and 2013 base salaries. Another $10 million is available through escalators. Sanchez is eligible for annual $500,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life.

Yep, in bold. The NY Jets want him to succeed. It would have to be a terrible season for the Jets to yank him or hurt as you said.

I think dream scenario for the Jets is Sanchez plays great. Substitute Tebow in for goal line situations and score TD's, take direct snaps on punt plays to either run for the 1st down or throw a bomb to an open receiver. Bring Tebow in on 4th and short situations to move the chains. The Jets aren't looking to dump Sanchez.

rbackfactory80
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Isn't Tebow going against the #2's and Sanchez is getting all the #1 snaps? Also, the Jets aren't a very good team so it wouldn't surprise me if Sanchez is eventually yanked in favor of Tebow. The upcoming season would have to be pretty bad ala last year to insert Tebow over Sanchez.

Not in all the drills. 7 on 7 and goal line yes.

lonestar
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Once again.. $50 mil means squat unless it is all guaranteed.. the only portion of a contract that means a thing..
Conversely why would they bring Tebow in if they were 100% sold on Sanchez?

In lots of Jets fans opine they thought giving him the contract was a mistake, lots of them see someone else being the starter during the year..

WHich IMO would be a mistake for the developement of Tebow.. I believe he still needs a couple of years to understand reading defenses and work on his mechanics..

I just listened to Rex say that he had his best day as a Jet.. Granted it was red zone, but then I heard Sanchez say he was fine with Tebow getting playing time if it was for the team..

maven
08-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Once again.. $50 mil means squat unless it is all guaranteed.. the only portion of a contract that means a thing..
Conversely why would they bring Tebow in if they were 100% sold on Sanchez?

In lots of Jets fans opine they thought giving him the contract was a mistake, lots of them see someone else being the starter during the year..

WHich IMO would be a mistake for the developement of Tebow.. I believe he still needs a couple of years to understand reading defenses and work on his mechanics..

I just listened to Rex say that he had his best day as a Jet.. Granted it was red zone, but then I heard Sanchez say he was fine with Tebow getting playing time if it was for the team..

I agree the contract extension came out of nowhere for Sanchez. Why was it done so quickly? Was it even necessary to do? Only Jet upper mgmt knows.

Now for Tebow, as you mentioned he had his best day as a Jet. Well it was running goal line situations.

The Jets clearly want Sanchez to succeed and Tebow to be a situational QB/special teams player.

Since you think Tebow still needs to sit and learn. How long will it take, and what team these days will ride with a QB hoping one day he will become a Gannon/Young?

I just don't see that happening anymore, and to add now that rookie contracts are cheap you can draft QB's every year hoping to finally strike on a big one.

BroncoBeavis
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree the contract extension came out of nowhere for Sanchez. Why was it done so quickly? Was it even necessary to do? Only Jet upper mgmt knows.

Now for Tebow, as you mentioned he had his best day as a Jet. Well it was running goal line situations.

The Jets clearly want Sanchez to succeed and Tebow to be a situational QB/special teams player.

Since you think Tebow still needs to sit and learn. How long will it take, and what team these days will ride with a QB hoping one day he will become a Gannon/Young?

I just don't see that happening anymore, and to add now that rookie contracts are cheap you can draft QB's every year hoping to finally strike on a big one.

I think I read somewhere that the deal actually freed up cap space this year. I think he still had two years on his contract left, so a contract restructure where he can still get cut after two isn't likely that much extra risk compared to what they already owned.

Missouribronc
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Lol

lonestar
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM

Other than you are blowing picks that could be used to build your franchise..

There was not a single "expert " that did not say that Tebow would be anything but a 3-4 year project..

Why folks(some dumb ass wanna be GM or armchair QB ) are trying to tell the folks that know a hell of a lot more than they do is way beyond what I can understand..

Did he play well at times last year of course, but by no means was he ready to do so and IMO it set him back and the success he had hurt his learning curve..

I've always said he needs to set behind a quality old dog and watch his every move and pick his brain in EVERY film session.. .. IMO that would have been perfect here in DEN.. getting advise and coaching from two HOF QB's .. Now will he ever be a PM or JE probably not but I believe he will be a damned good QB after he has been schooled.. maybe not Pro bowl but then how many of them are selected each year out of 32 teams..

right now we have another PROJECT that hopefully will be doing the same thing Tebow could have been doing.. But Tebow is the better athlete hands down..

maven
08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Other than you are blowing picks that could be used to build your franchise..

There was not a single "expert " that did not say that Tebow would be anything but a 3-4 year project..

Why folks(some dumb ass wanna be GM or armchair QB ) are trying to tell the folks that know a hell of a lot more than they do is way beyond what I can understand..

Did he play well at times last year of course, but by no means was he ready to do so and IMO it set him back and the success he had hurt his learning curve..

I've always said he needs to set behind a quality old dog and watch his every move and pick his brain in EVERY film session.. .. IMO that would have been perfect here in DEN.. getting advise and coaching from two HOF QB's .. Now will he ever be a PM or JE probably not but I believe he will be a damned good QB after he has been schooled.. maybe not Pro bowl but then how many of them are selected each year out of 32 teams..

right now we have another PROJECT that hopefully will be doing the same thing Tebow could have been doing.. But Tebow is the better athlete hands down..

Agree on it would be blowing pics, but today it is possible.

Now if Josh was still the coach of Denver and built Tebow up from the beginning. Tebow might possibly be a franchise QB.

Now, after multiple systems and a landing in NY, Tebow specifically brought in to run special packages and special teams ace, he's not being developed correctly. Tony f'n Sporano is ****:giggle: I think long term Tebow will flame out. He doesn't have the right people in place in NY to develop him.

maven
08-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Tony Sporano: Hey Tebow, you need to put on more weight so you can handle the blocks on punt returns and tough it out on goal line red zone situations.

Ya, f'n QB guru right there folks.

Missouribronc
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Michael Jordan or Mateen Cleeves.

Who do you pick...

maven
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Michael Jordan or Mateen Cleeves.

Who do you pick...

Tebow!

Hilarious!

Missouribronc
08-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Tebow!

Hilarious!

College is great!

Jetmeck
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Substitute Tebow in for goal line situations and score TD's, take direct snaps on punt plays to either run for the 1st down or throw a bomb to an open receiver. Bring Tebow in on 4th and short situations to move the chains. .

Why the hell didn't we do this ? YAYAYAY we have Manning....so frekinn what ? More options is better in any world and Manning needs to learn to share as Elway did with TD. Winning the game is the only important thing...more important than someone's EGO.

What's best for the team is the only important thing here worth any discussion whatsoever and keeping Tebow for the above quoted reasons was the only way to go.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Why the hell didn't we do this ? YAYAYAY we have Manning....so frekinn what ? More options is better in any world and Manning needs to learn to share as Elway did with TD. Winning the game is the only important thing...more important than someone's EGO.

What's best for the team is the only important thing here worth any discussion whatsoever and keeping Tebow for the above quoted reasons was the only way to go.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, yes please take Manning off the field!

Jetmeck
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
In July of 2010 the career winning pct. of Kyle Orton vs. Jay Cutler stood at....

Orton was 29-19 (.604)

Cutler was 32-37 (.464)

So when you start watching football ? Hilarious!

Anyone could see the major difference between the two qbs.

Orton will always be a career backup type.

Just ridiculous................

Jetmeck
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, yes please take Manning off the field!

Why yes.....try rereading the part about being a teAm player again.

3rd and goal or 4 th and goal yes you put in the goal line bulldozer.

Team first...........

DBroncos4life
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM

Team first...........

Hilarious! Manning is money in the RZ and doesn't need Tebow.

In two years, Peyton Manning is still the most effective red zone passer in the league, throwing 48 touchdowns and just one interception.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/fantasy-football-red-zone-analysis.php
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serious-redzone-struggles-for-peyton-manning-colts

The Colts have made 32 trips into the redzone with 20 TDs, the 4th best rate in the league so far this year. There's a glaring problem with this statistic though.

Teams don't win the SB switching QBs

OrangeCrush2724
08-03-2012, 07:12 AM
No Manning has not been a teacher to his backups, he never allowed them to take reps in TC or Practice in the past and that was because he is/was a perfectionist..

Nothing wrong with that I guess but his TEAM was caught with their drawers down last year because of that .. He learned from that experience and while some of those reps this year are because he is probably not up to throwing as much as he used to be , he is still teaching his scheme to his backup while on the field .. Something he did not do in public before, or so I've been told by a couple of colts fans..

As for Tebow you flat do not know what he is capable of fixing and learning.. so PLEASE do not act like you do or are the final say in the matter..

I do not either but believe that if there is a way he has the guts to make it happen..

as for BO I hope he is ready when Manning retires or is injured again or we are up crapola creek without a paddle.. AGAIN..

I wish him only the best and I had zero issues with him being drafted instead of a few other folks that we could have had.. Many folks have their noses out of joint because we took him.

I did not see anyone that we could have had that would have made any bigger impact THIS year than he will..

I'm not going to argue with you about Manning's involvement with the Colts.
I will say though you are entitled to your oppinion (obviously) as I am, and it doesn't mean I have the final say. 32 other GMs just tend to agree with me that he isn't worth anything more than a 6th rounder. And the only 2 teams that were involved with the trade had a circus going in their locker room
and needed Tim's healing capabilities, and the other team needed a circus to fill up their stands. But hey, I will be rooting for him to be great, I just don't think he can (that was an opinion).

rbackfactory80
08-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Here is the thing about the JETS.

They are a running football team and having that extra option (Tebow) only makes them more dangerous. And quite frankly, after watching their WR's who have 1 combined career NFL catch among the entire group not including Santonio Holmes, using Tebow is going to happen quite frequently.

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM

this really puts Tim's place in perspective. Tim will have to really outshine Sanchez in games and in practice. He will only do that by passing the ball consistently.

Redzone, goaline stuff sure, he will be a nice addition in that scenario but I seriously doubt the Jets dump Sanchez this year when they are on the hook for $20+mil.

BroncoBeavis
08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
this really puts Tim's place in perspective. Tim will have to really outshine Sanchez in games and in practice. He will only do that by passing the ball consistently.

Redzone, goaline stuff sure, he will be a nice addition in that scenario but I seriously doubt the Jets dump Sanchez this year when they are on the hook for $20+mil.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/03/analyzing-mark-sanchezs-three-year-contract-extension

When you read the particulars of what they did, and more importantly, what they were already on the hook for, the deal is much less of an additional commitment than it looks like on paper.

If they did nothing, they had to pay Sanchez $14.25 this year alone. Next to that, $20 million guaranteed over a couple years doesn't look all that bad.

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/03/analyzing-mark-sanchezs-three-year-contract-extension

When you read the particulars of what they did, and more importantly, what they were already on the hook for, the deal is much less of an additional commitment than it looks like on paper.

If they did nothing, they had to pay Sanchez $14.25 this year alone. Next to that, $20 million guaranteed over a couple years doesn't look all that bad.

It's a much bigger commitment, not because of the amount they're actually paying him this year and next, but because of the cap hit if they cut or trade him......which is what they'd have to do if they ever started Tebow over him. If they let him play under the old contract, they could've cut him either this year or next and not had much of a cap hit at all. That's not the case now.

They made a statement with the contract extension. He's their starter this year and for the foreseeable future (barring injury of course). Nothing Tebow does in his special teams reps is going to change that.

There is no QB competition in NY.

Miss I.
08-03-2012, 12:42 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DkeGMaq0O98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for some reason this whole manning - tebow thing makes me think of Highlander....and yes Connor MacLeod is in fact better than Duncan. Though now I have to decide if I prefer Ryan Reynolds as Connor or the original Chris..darn it...decisions, decisions...so hard...though, is it just more or does anyone else think Highlander is a little goofy for casting the only actual Scot, Sean Connery as a Spaniard...wonky...anyway, carry on..just thought you could use some music.

Blueflame
08-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Team first...........

And this right here is a solid illustration of why Tebow was given the bum's rush out of town. There are/would have been... Tebow fans who believed a situation could exist in which you'd take a QB of Manning's caliber off the field and put Tebow in instead. The only time you ever take an elite QB off the field on an offensive down is if he's injured. Period. Changing QBs at the goal line would break the offensive rhythm and telegraph what the next play was gonna be. It's a bad idea all the way around. Teams do RBBC; not QBBC....

Jetmeck
08-03-2012, 02:17 PM
And this right here is a solid illustration of why Tebow was given the bum's rush out of town. There are/would have been... Tebow fans who believed a situation could exist in which you'd take a QB of Manning's caliber off the field and put Tebow in instead. The only time you ever take an elite QB off the field on an offensive down is if he's injured. Period. Changing QBs at the goal line would break the offensive rhythm and telegraph what the next play was gonna be. It's a bad idea all the way around. Teams do RBBC; not QBBC....

sorry girl but you are as dumb as some of the rest...........winning is the point not someone's ego....................

because you people hate the guy you can't even see logic......just sad.

DBroncos4life
08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
sorry girl but you are as dumb as some of the rest...........winning is the point not someone's ego....................

Yes because taking one of the best RZ QB's in the game off the field to give your boy something to do is a MUCH better thing for the team. Hilarious!

Jetmeck
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Hilarious! Manning is money in the RZ and doesn't need Tebow.

In two years, Peyton Manning is still the most effective red zone passer in the league, throwing 48 touchdowns and just one interception.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/fantasy-football-red-zone-analysis.php
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serious-redzone-struggles-for-peyton-manning-colts

The Colts have made 32 trips into the redzone with 20 TDs, the 4th best rate in the league so far this year. There's a glaring problem with this statistic though.

Teams don't win the SB switching QBs

for the last time you stupid Tebow hating assholes that can't see

he would have been good for many tds and 1st down conversions

are just sad..............kinda like the racists against Obama. is that

where your hatred has taken you ? where you can't see the

obvious ? *** ya tards................:wave:

DBroncos4life
08-03-2012, 02:25 PM
for the last time you stupid Tebow hating a-holes that can't see

You know who is good for first downs and TDs? MANNING! You don't take a QB off the field so another player has something to do. If Tebow would become a RB/FB then fine other then that you don't take MANNING off the field you ****ing dumbass!!!!!

BroncoBeavis
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
It's a much bigger commitment, not because of the amount they're actually paying him this year and next, but because of the cap hit if they cut or trade him......which is what they'd have to do if they ever started Tebow over him. If they let him play under the old contract, they could've cut him either this year or next and not had much of a cap hit at all. That's not the case now.

Well the only way your scenario makes much difference is if they truly thought they might cut Sanchez this year. Remember though, when they signed this deal, there was no other serious QB option on the roster. Tebow was still a Bronco. Manning was just starting to weigh options. Nobody had any clue where he was going.

So in the Jets' mind, the possibility of cutting Sanchez this year was nonexistent. And still pretty much is. So really, they maybe risked an extra $8 mil guaranteed to have Sanchez locked up indefinitely in case he turns the corner this year. But even if they want him gone next year, they could still trade him and probably get most or all of that back. Don't forget, some teams out there spend crazy amounts like $5mil guaranteed for 1 year of Kyle Orton's services. :) Suddenly guaranteeing $8 to Sanchez to play an extra year plus locking in 3 more years beyond doesn't look so dumb.

And that doesn't even get into the side benefit of freeing up $6mil in cap this year. Rexy's starting to think pretty short-term I think. He knows he's got to show progress this year or the Jets might start looking around again.

Blueflame
08-03-2012, 02:52 PM

No team in the NFL plays quarterback by committee. None. It simply wouldn't work.

It makes no sense whatsoever to sit down the warmed-up QB who has gotten the team into the red zone... and bring in a cold QB off the bench regardless of the situation (other than injury to the starter that's significant enough that he cannot play that down). And supposing you did do that (substituted Tebow for Manning) and Tebow failed to score? You'd have 52 pissed-off players on the team and an instantaneous controversy, especially if the game hinged on that play. A coach who did that would lose the locker room and be second-guessed all week by his peers, fans, and sports media.

The only way that substitution could possibly work is if Manning remained under center and Tebow was activated at RB or TE. Otherwise, the opposing defense would just load up at the line to stop the run (if Manning were not on the field to make them too scared to stack the box).

Edited to add that it strikes me as ironic that you're calling me "dumb" for disagreeing with your absurd contention that there's any possibility... under any circumstances whatsoever.... that John Fox (or any other HC in the NFL) would even for a nanosecond consider benching Peyton effing Manning for Tim Tebow.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DkeGMaq0O98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for some reason this whole manning - tebow thing makes me think of Highlander....and yes Connor MacLeod is in fact better than Duncan. Though now I have to decide if I prefer Ryan Reynolds as Connor or the original Chris..darn it...decisions, decisions...so hard...though, is it just more or does anyone else think Highlander is a little goofy for casting the only actual Scot, Sean Connery as a Spaniard...wonky...anyway, carry on..just thought you could use some music.

"There can only be one!" (Even though there were two sequels, a long lost cousin, tv series, and two animated series.) I don't know if I want Ryan to be Connor. How about Chris Hemsworth. For sure he could pull off the a Scottish accent.

baja
08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
for the last time you stupid Tebow hating a-holes that can't see

There would have been a place on the roster for Tebow but for fans just like you. You will drive any FO and locker room to distraction. Only the Jets wanted the circus that Tebow's fans brings.

You are Tim's worst enemy

errand
08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
So when you start watching football ? Hilarious!

Anyone could see the major difference between the two qbs.

Orton will always be a career backup type.

Just ridiculous................

Again...at that time in their careers Jay Cutler was basically the next Jeff George...a guy who had the physical skill but lacked the mental toughness or maturity to prosper...which explained why he was 32-37 as a starter.

He has however seemed to mature a little since....and clearly outplayed Orton in 2011

but keep ****ing that cat dude

errand
08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
. It's a bad idea all the way around. Teams do RBBC; not QBBC....

Exactly....

I'm curious if it's ever worked before, as I'm hard pressed trying to recall any other time in NFL history prior to the 50's where a QB was removed and another QB was inserted to run the ball, etc...and it worked successfully...and I'm not talking about one or two drives...I'm talking where it worked all season long.

If anyone knows, please enlighten us....

errand
08-03-2012, 06:23 PM

Ok...then for ****'s and giggles do you think given Tim's struggles in the passing game that the coaches should have sat Tim on obvious passing downs and put Orton, Weber, or Quinn in?

I'm guessing you're gonna say no because Tebow would never develop if they did that, and because you hate Orton Weber and Quinn...but it's not about ego right? We shouldn't be concerned about developing a QB when it's more important to convert a 3rd and 9 right?

baja
08-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Exactly....

I'm curious if it's ever worked before, as I'm hard pressed trying to recall any other time in NFL history prior to the 50's where a QB was removed and another QB was inserted to run the ball, etc...and it worked successfully...and I'm not talking about one or two drives...I'm talking where it worked all season long.

Tom Landry did it with (I think) Stawbuck & Morton in the early 70's with limited success.

errand
08-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Tom Landry did it with (I think) Stawbuck & Morton in the early 70's with limited success.

I researched it, and Landry did the same thing in the mid 60's with Meredith, Morton and Rhome one season....and he did alternate them every other week in '71 but Morton and Staubach played the entire game they started unless they were injured or ineffective....Cowboys did start 4-2 under that system.

Landry then had the JetMeck idea of alternating his QB's every other play vs. Bears...and while the Cowboys rolled up 344 passing yards (481 total) the Cowboys lost 23-19 as the two QB's threw a combined 4 INTs.

After that loss, the team captains came to Landry and said the team was split, and taking sides, and informed him that they wanted him to pick one starter they could all follow and get behind...the two QB's also said that they felt they couldn't develop any continuity or leadership being yanked in and out of the line-up....a few hours later he chose Staubach, and the Cowboys reeled off 10 straight wins including their first SB title

Both QB's had shown they were both capable of playing at a high level for the Cowboys...but the team was split, and QB controversies are never good for any team.

rbackfactory80
08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I can't believe this is still going on. Both sides need to let go now. Only time will tell and I think we know where everyone stands on this issue.

baja
08-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I researched it, and Landry did the same thing in the mid 60's with Meredith, Morton and Rhome one season....and he did alternate them every other week in '71 but Morton and Staubach played the entire game they started unless they were injured or ineffective....Cowboys did start 4-2 under that system.

Landry then had the JetMeck idea of alternating his QB's every other play vs. Bears...and while the Cowboys rolled up 344 passing yards (481 total) the Cowboys lost 23-19 as the two QB's threw a combined 4 INTs.

After that loss, the team captains came to Landry and said the team was split, and taking sides, and informed him that they wanted him to pick one starter they could all follow and get behind...the two QB's also said that they felt they couldn't develop any continuity or leadership being yanked in and out of the line-up....a few hours later he chose Staubach, and the Cowboys reeled off 10 straight wins including their first SB title

Both QB's had shown they were both capable of playing at a high level for the Cowboys...but the team was split, and QB controversies are never good for any team.

Good research

Ya I remember it was pretty much general consensus around the league that was not one of Landry's better ideas.

baja
08-03-2012, 10:07 PM

Good research

Ya I remember it was pretty much general consensus around the league that was not one of Landry's better ideas.

Blueflame
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Team first...........

Team first...

On 4th and goal... with a conservative HC like John Fox, 95+ times out of 100, you are going to see Matt Prater in there taking the sure 3... so that hypothesis is a red herring.

On 3rd and goal, no HC in the history of the NFL is going to take a playmaker like Peyton Manning out of the game. Why would they intentionally make a 2-dimensional offense 1-dimensional? (They won't.)

The reality is: Fox/Elway were not going to use Tebow and they did him a huge favor by trading him to a team that "might".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Exactly....

Didn't we rotate Shawn Moore and Tommy Maddox? They were both awful.

Play2win
08-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Team first...

On 4th and goal... with a conservative HC like John Fox, 95+ times out of 100, you are going to see Matt Prater in there taking the sure 3... so that hypothesis is a red herring.

On 3rd and goal, no HC in the history of the NFL is going to take a playmaker like Peyton Manning out of the game. Why would they intentionally make a 2-dimensional offense 1-dimensional? (They won't.)

The reality is: Fox/Elway were not going to use Tebow and they did him a huge favor by trading him to a team that "might".

They did us fans an even bigger favor.

Thank you timmy for help getting us Peyton Manning, and tremendous thanks to Elway for getting tebow the **** off the team.

baja
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Team first...

Let's get real here. The motivation to ship out Tebow was not about doing him a "huge Favor" it was about shipping the circus that surrounded him out of town.

I wish his rabid fans would see they are TT's biggest obstacle to becoming a successful NFL QB.

maven
08-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I wish his rabid fans would see they are TT's biggest obstacle to becoming a successful NFL QB.

Tim Tebow's accuracy and reading coverage is Timmy's biggest obstacle to becoming a successful QB, not fans.

Beantown Bronco
08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Well the only way your scenario makes much difference is if they truly thought they might cut Sanchez this year. Remember though, when they signed this deal, there was no other serious QB option on the roster.

And that hasn't changed.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Let's get real here. The motivation to ship out Tebow was not about doing him a "huge Favor" it was about shipping the circus that surrounded him out of town.

While it's true that the Tebow circus had worn out its welcome with Fox & Elway, it's an iron-clad fact that they were not going to use Tebow the way Jetmeck fantasizes that they "could have". Barring an injury to Manning, he wasn't going to see the field at all had they retained him; he was going to polish the pine and hold the clipboard. So it was win/win to get something (even a 4th round draft pick) for a player they weren't going to use... while also giving Tebow his best shot at seeing some playing time this season.

Totally agree that Tebow's rabid fans did him a major disservice by insisting that he must start when he clearly wasn't (and still isn't) ready. His skills can't cash the checks his fans are writing.

BroncoBeavis
08-04-2012, 12:43 PM
While it's true that the Tebow circus had worn out its welcome with Fox & Elway, it's an iron-clad fact that they were not going to use Tebow the way Jetmeck fantasizes that they "could have". Barring an injury to Manning, he wasn't going to see the field at all had they retained him; he was going to polish the pine and hold the clipboard. So it was win/win to get something (even a 4th round draft pick) for a player they weren't going to use... while also giving Tebow his best shot at seeing some playing time this season.

Yeah, totally. Giving a green kid with raw talent away for a 4th and then spending a 2nd on a green kid with raw talent.

Total Win in the Kyle Orton "Best Chance to Win" sense.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah, totally. Giving a green kid with raw talent away for a 4th and then spending a 2nd on a green kid with raw talent.

Total Win in the Kyle Orton "Best Chance to Win" sense.

The "kid with raw talent" that they spent the 2nd for... has the skill set that Elway and Fox wanted; the one they "gave away" for a 4th... does not. It really is as simple as that.

BroncoBeavis
08-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Totally agree that Tebow's rabid fans did him a major disservice by insisting that he must start when he clearly wasn't (and still isn't) ready. His skills can't cash the checks his fans are writing.

LOL

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhR4p6fFZBk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhR4p6fFZBk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 01:09 PM
LOL

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhR4p6fFZBk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FhR4p6fFZBk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Can he consistently put the football where it has to be to complete a pass? (no, he cannot). A starting QB in the NFL is expected to be able to do that.

Your youtube vid isn't loading, btw. I'm assuming it's the pass to Thomas vs. the Steelers but it's hard to tell from a blank black rectangle.

2KBack
08-04-2012, 01:51 PM
LOL

Yeah, that sucked. As did the other 3 total fumbles Kyle had.

Tim's 14 fumbles weren't fails at all

BroncoBeavis
08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that sucked. As did the other 3 total fumbles Kyle had.

Tim's 14 fumbles weren't fails at all

Speaking of fail. What the eff are you talking about?

Kyle lost 6 fumbles in '10-'11.
Tebow lost 7.

We could compare Kyle's 18 picks to Tim's 9 though if you like.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Tebow lost 7.

I suppose that (Kyle's stats vs Tim's stats) might matter to Cowgirls fans or Jest fans... or perhaps not; since both are backups.

BroncoBeavis
08-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I suppose that (Kyle's stats vs Tim's stats) might matter to Cowgirls fans or Jest fans... or perhaps not; since both are backups.

Says the one who argues the 7-4 Jet was less ready than the 1-4 Cowboy to lead the Broncos.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Says the one who argues the 7-4 Jet was less ready than the 1-4 Cowboy to lead the Broncos.

Neither is anywhere near as ready to lead the 2012 Broncos as our current starter is... we have a truly... unquestionably... elite QB for the first time since #7 hung 'em up.

BroncoBeavis
08-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Neither is anywhere near as ready to lead the 2012 Broncos as our current starter is... we have a truly... unquestionably... elite QB for the first time since #7 hung 'em up.

Wow. A 16 game starter isn't is good as Peyton Manning? LOL

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ18P1_vJeCi_elpeAI_uW_0KTN01zTM ERjqt366wGwpTQwbVVHnA

2KBack
08-04-2012, 06:04 PM

Tebow lost 7.

They are all fails! Don't you get it? Orton was bad, Tebow was bad. The only real difference between 2009 and 2011 was that in 2011 the rest of the division was way worse. That and we had a better coaching staff last season.

Now instead of fighting over 2 bad QB's...we have 1 awesome one

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Why does anyone interact with Beavis? I really don't understand it.

It's the same argument over and over and over again.

orangeatheist
08-04-2012, 06:35 PM

+ A Billion

DENVERDUI55
08-04-2012, 06:41 PM

He is the worst poster we have had in awhile that was actually claiming to be a bronco fan. I don't think he is actually a bronco fan but a teblow fan.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow. A 16 game starter isn't is good as Peyton Manning? LOL

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ18P1_vJeCi_elpeAI_uW_0KTN01zTM ERjqt366wGwpTQwbVVHnA

Then why do we have this thread asking the question "Peyton Manning vs Tim Tebow"... if it's so obvious? Some Tebow fans really would still prefer it if the Broncos were going into the 2012 season with Tim Tebow as the starting QB instead of Peyton Manning. Yeah, I know...Captain Obvious says they're mistaken. ;)

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Not once have I ever said Tim should start over Manning. Glad to have Manning. This team had and will have again a problem punching the ball in the endzone at the goal line . Tim made all the difference in that area.
Manning is great but passing at the 1 yard line is not the best option unless
you have a pitiful power game.....Tim gave us that.

Condensing the field at the goal line makes things very difficult even for Manning................having Tim out there gives the defense an extra guy to account for and made it nearly impossible to stop.

I'm not wrong.......you haters are.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM

I was thinking it was Manning as either of the 3 dudes in the band playingn instruments and Tebow was Freddie Mercury.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Not once have I ever said Tim should start over Manning. Glad to have Manning. This team had and will have again a problem punching the ball in the endzone at the goal line . Tim made all the difference in that area.
Manning is great but passing at the 1 yard line is not the best option unless
you have a pitiful power game.....Tim gave us that.

Condensing the field at the goal line makes things very difficult even for Manning................having Tim out there gives the defense an extra guy to account for and made it nearly impossible to stop.

I'm not wrong.......you haters are.

Are you arguing that Tebow should have been retained for use at RB then? 'Cause no HC in the league is gonna sideline Peyton Manning on 3rd down. Ever. And unless the score is lopsided to the point that 3 points is meaningless, no HC in the league is likely to do anything except send in the kicker on 4th and goal.

baja
08-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Are you arguing that Tebow should have been retained for use at RB then? 'Cause no HC in the league is gonna sideline Peyton Manning on 3rd down. Ever. And unless the score is lopsided to the point that 3 points is meaningless, no HC in the league is likely to do anything except send in the kicker on 4th and goal.

That's the thing, we coulda had Manning and Tebow on the field together in goal line situations, imagine the flexibility that would give us. Even that sweet option was not enough to keep him. Guess those fans really got in Elway's head.

houghtam
08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
That's the thing, we coulda had Manning and Tebow on the field together in goal line situations, imagine the flexibility that would give us. Even that sweet option was not enough to keep him. Guess those fans really got in Elway's head.

I know that if I were the face of a world class organization and HOF quarterback, I would definitely be intimidated by expanded press coverage and billboards...even IF we had one of the greatest of all time QBs on the roster.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 10:59 PM

I'd take Manning + McGahee in that situation over Tebow + McGahee every single time, Baja. Manning + McGahee = possibility of a run or a pass (2-dimensional offense); Tebow + McGahee = the ball's virtually certain to be staying on the ground (1-dimensional offense). Arguing the option of both QBs on the field pretty much hinges on believing that Tebow is a better RB than McGahee is.

baja
08-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I'd take Manning + McGahee in that situation over Tebow + McGahee every single time, Baja. Manning + McGahee = possibility of a run or a pass (2-dimensional offense); Tebow + McGahee = the ball's virtually certain to be staying on the ground (1-dimensional offense). Arguing the option of both QBs on the field pretty much hinges on believing that Tebow is a better RB than McGahee is.

Simple question for you.

Who brings more to theBroncos march to the super bowl (No plan B)

Tim Tebow or Henie

baja
08-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I know that if I were the face of a world class organization and HOF quarterback, I would definitely be intimidated by expanded press coverage and billboards...even IF we had one of the greatest of all time QBs on the roster.

Ya you're probably right, guess they felt Henie gave us a better chance to win than Tebow.

errand
08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Simple question for you.

Tim Tebow or Henie

Neither...they both suck at their current NFL positions.

Blueflame
08-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Simple question for you.

Tim Tebow or Henie

Neither one is gonna be on the field, Baja. I'm no Hanie fan... I believe Osweiler will win the #2 slot by opening day. And I believe Osweiler won't be on the field yet either... I think Manning is/stays healthy.

baja
08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Neither one is gonna be on the field, Baja. I'm no Hanie fan... I believe Osweiler will win the #2 slot by opening day. And I believe Osweiler won't be on the field yet either... I think Manning is/stays healthy.

Do you think if Tebow did not have such a rabid following he would still be a Bronco?

Blueflame
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Do you think if Tebow did not have such a rabid following he would still be a Bronco?

It's my contention that he'd still be a Bronco if he could consistently put the football where it has to be to complete a pass. (ie: if he had the skill set Elway and Fox wanted in a QB)... the "circus" notwithstanding. But he didn't have the skill set they wanted... and what he did bring to the table as a football player did not counterbalance the downside (distractions) so they traded him for whatever they could get.

DENVERDUI55
08-05-2012, 12:24 AM

No he is Labrador **** throwing the ball. Can win with him and I mean whole thing with him.doing that dog ****.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:23 AM

How do you figure, Baja? Tim Tebow said his dream is to be a quarterback, so he wanted to play quarterback. "I know in my heart that I'm a quarterback."

Doesn't really jive with "I'll do anything to help the team win." Now he's doing it, but he probably sees the writing on the wall that he's not in fact an NFL quarterback.

Yeah, the fans were ****ing retards. I'm glad they're gone.

41k at the scrimmage yesterday, and EVERYONE was excited for the quarterback play. How awful for all of us (http://dailydickpunch.com/2012/07/26/ddp-classic-broncos-fans-get-rare-unity-opportunity/).

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:24 AM

If he had a less rabid following AND showed he was willing to take a step back from the QB position, there's a possibility.

I also think that Elway personally likes Tebow, and if Tebow wants to play QB, he could have that opportunity, but it wouldn't be in Denver.

CodeofLife
08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Why do so many bronco fans want the guy to stop playing qb? He's at least living a goal/dream he wanted to accomplish, unlike many of us who don't even try, let the guy be. He's willing to do anything to help his team win, and that's great, it's being unselfish, unlike a lot of other players in the nfl. I love football as a sport, and just as any sport, it's entertainment more than anything. Last year Tebow gave plenty of that, and made the broncos relevant, which was certainly nice after going 4-12 and 1-4 early on. That got me to watching football again, I didn't know who tebow was till week 9 last season, and seeing those late game heroics and analysts have to choke on their own words week in and week out was nice. I tend to dislike those who have nothing but negative things to say, it's not always black and white, there's also shades of gray.

Tebow and that "magic" and the broncos heroics last season made it all worth watching again, sort of rekindled my love for watching football. If a qb like namath or trent won a sb, I think tebow should be able to. Seems to me people forget other qb's have had early struggles, as far as their 3rd or 4th seasons even. I'm no religious nut who barely got into football this season, I've been around some years, and would love to see tebow succeed with the jets. Sucks the broncos let tebow go, I think he could have co-existed with Manning, could have helped the team tremendously. Really hoping Peyton gets at least 1 sb and 1 good season in his few remaining years, otherwise it's gonna seem like a rather dumb trade, to me at least.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
it's not always black and white, there's also shades of gray.

My girlfriend says there are 50 of those.

baja
08-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Why do so many bronco fans want the guy to stop playing qb? He's at least living a goal/dream he wanted to accomplish, unlike many of us who don't even try, let the guy be. He's willing to do anything to help his team win, and that's great, it's being unselfish, unlike a lot of other players in the nfl. I love football as a sport, and just as any sport, it's entertainment more than anything. Last year Tebow gave plenty of that, and made the broncos relevant, which was certainly nice after going 4-12 and 1-4 early on. That got me to watching football again, I didn't know who tebow was till week 9 last season, and seeing those late game heroics and analysts have to choke on their own words week in and week out was nice. I tend to dislike those who have nothing but negative things to say, it's not always black and white, there's also shades of gray.

Tebow and that "magic" and the broncos heroics last season made it all worth watching again, sort of rekindled my love for watching football. If a qb like namath or trent won a sb, I think tebow should be able to. Seems to me people forget other qb's have had early struggles, as far as their 3rd or 4th seasons even. I'm no religious nut who barely got into football this season, I've been around some years, and would love to see tebow succeed with the jets. Sucks the broncos let tebow go, I think he could have co-existed with Manning, could have helped the team tremendously. Really hoping Peyton gets at least 1 sb and 1 good season in his few remaining years, otherwise it's gonna seem like a rather dumb trade, to me at least.

What bothers me is it would take thinking outside the NFL 'box' to understand the value of Tebow to a team and Elway failed to see it or value it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-05-2012, 06:05 PM
What bothers me is it would take thinking outside the NFL 'box' to understand the value of Tebow to a team and Elway failed to see it or value it.

How do you figure?

They changed THE ENTIRE OFFENSE to better use Tebow's limited skillset. Tried to trade Orton before the preseason and were going to give Tebow every opportunity to win the starting job in camp.

You're upset that Tebow's gone. But there's no need to make up bull**** to suit your argument.

Blueflame
08-05-2012, 08:03 PM

I couldn't care less if he continues to try to play QB... for the Jest.... but at the same time, I'm delighted that the Broncos now have a real QB... one who already has all the tools he needs to play the position and doesn't need "creative playcalling" to camouflage his weaknesses... as our starter.