PDA

View Full Version : Manning rated 93 overall (6th) in Madden

Broncos4Life
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
http://http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1406/top-10-rated-qbs-in-madden-nfl-13#more

Anyone think this is too high, too low, or just about right?

I am ok with this for now.... I would be fine if he was 89 too though.

LongDongJohnson
07-30-2012, 07:49 PM
should be 99. Not buying the game now.

Bacchus
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
http://http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1406/top-10-rated-qbs-in-madden-nfl-13#more

Anyone think this is too high, too low, or just about right?

I am ok with this for now.... I would be fine if he was 89 too though.

Forgive me but I have not played Madden in 10 years. Do they have seasons? If so I think 93 would be too low because you know that rating will deteriate very quickly.

93 does sound fair, being 6th highest sounds right.

maher_tyler
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Forgive me but I have not played Madden in 10 years. Do they have seasons? If so I think 93 would be too low because you know that rating will deteriate very quickly.

93 does sound fair, being 6th highest sounds right.

Until you find out Rothlesberger is a 95! No way is he better than Manning...

UberBroncoMan
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM

ROFL!!!

Aaron Rodgers: 99
Tom Brady: 98
Drew Brees: 98
Eli Manning: 97
Ben Roethlisberger: 95

Peyton Manning 93
Philip Rivers: 92
Matthew Stafford: 91
Tony Romo: 90
Michael Vick: 89

Who'd have thought 21 TD's and 14 INT's would garner a 95.

Chris
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone want to arrange a Madden burning?

maher_tyler
07-30-2012, 08:34 PM
ROFL!!!

Peyton Manning 93

Exactly why I'm not buying the damn game! I already know how the game is gonna be. By seeing these ratings and the commercials of the game, it's all I need to know nothing has changed!

Bigdawg26
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
ROFL!!!

Peyton Manning 93

Eli at 97 and Big Ben at 95 are WAY to high!!

broncosteven
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I actually might buy this years game, I haven't in like 4 years and my PS3 died and wiped out my franchise I built over like 3-4 seasons.

Frisian
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Exactly why I'm not buying the damn game! I already know how the game is gonna be. By seeing these ratings and the commercials of the game, it's all I need to know nothing has changed!
They made a whole new engine for the game, physics based talking, finally. So hopefully it is not the same. But I wouldn't listen to me because I always buy into the EA hype machine and get the new Madden. :pity:

RhymesayersDU
07-30-2012, 09:33 PM

Clearly, multiple time Super Bowl winners should be in the upper 70's MAX.

ChampJesusBailey
07-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Super Bowl winners always get big bumps.

The Stafford rating is most glaring to me. Has he done anything but lob up passes for Galvatron? At least he finally made it through one season healthy.

lolcopter
07-30-2012, 09:39 PM

The Stafford rating is most glaring to me. Has he done anything but lob up passes for Galvatron? At least he finally made it through one season healthy.

wat

Pontius Pirate
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Madden 11 was pretty hella dumb. After only playing it a few times, I tried the season mode with the Cardinals on normal difficulty and haven't come close to losing a game. I routinely shut out teams like 35-0

RhymesayersDU
07-30-2012, 09:43 PM
LOL normal difficulty.

Let us know when you venture out of the shallow end of the pool.

Bacchus
07-30-2012, 10:07 PM

Well, he is not a better passer, but the ratings are combination score of many attributes and face it Rapistberger is bigger and stonger and throws the ball harder than Manning. Does that make him a better QB to have? Maybe, maybe not but Manning is the better passer by far and the better leader by a little.

canadianbroncosfan
07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Manning I agree with, Big Ben I do not.

maher_tyler
07-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, he is not a better passer, but the ratings are combination score of many attributes and face it Rapistberger is bigger and stonger and throws the ball harder than Manning. Does that make him a better QB to have? Maybe, maybe not but Manning is the better passer by far and the better leader by a little.

I just think its pretty funny how these geniuses at EA think they know how well Manning is going to play. They could have at least left his ratings what they were at the start of last years game. He should be a 96 at least. How is it that most people would say he's still a top 5 QB but not the people at EA?? I bet if he was still with the Colts it'd be a 95+ rating...

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-30-2012, 10:23 PM
They should factor in off the field behavior. Sorry Kenny Britt. You may score in the 80s for ability but you score a 2 for street smarts.

Broncos4Life
07-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I guess they must have brought in Peter King to do the QB ratings....

Manning couldn't beat out Rapistberger because he wasn't explosive enough!

ChampJesusBailey
07-30-2012, 11:59 PM
wat

Megatron + monster contract = Galvatron

lonestar
07-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Anyone want to arrange a Madden burning?

Can't stand all the kiddies that play the game and then think they KNOW football..

that if it is in MAdden it must be hot crap..

time for them to put the controller down and go out and play it.. run some of that lard ass off.

Bacchus
07-31-2012, 05:04 AM
I just think its pretty funny how these geniuses at EA think they know how well Manning is going to play. They could have at least left his ratings what they were at the start of last years game. He should be a 96 at least. How is it that most people would say he's still a top 5 QB but not the people at EA?? I bet if he was still with the Colts it'd be a 95+ rating...

Read the post I did earlier. Just because one QB is rated hiigher than another does not mean they are better. The rating is a culuminative rating. For instance Manning's Accuarcy could be a 99 while Rapistberger is a 85. But at breaking takles Rapistberger is a 99 and Manning is a 60. Well, What QB would you rather have? What QB is going to have the higher rating? And another thing, it's a video game!!!

HILife
07-31-2012, 05:57 AM
They made a whole new engine for the game, physics based talking, finally. So hopefully it is not the same. But I wouldn't listen to me because I always buy into the EA hype machine and get the new Madden. :pity:

Holy crap! Now we can unleash the full potential of TO and company!

FireFly
07-31-2012, 06:01 AM
Manning should be a 98-99.

He'll decline after a season or two, but awareness and accuracy alone should have him as the top QB.

Manning = Brady

I do agree that overall Rogers is probably the best of the bunch.

bowtown
07-31-2012, 06:20 AM
There is truly no justice in this cruel world. I'm so depressed by this news, I was barely able to life my head off the pillow this morning. The only thing that keeps me going is that ESPN Power Rankings will be out soon, but if we aren't in the top 10, I don't know what I'll do.

2KBack
07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Megatron + monster contract = Galvatron

This **** is genius right here.

you have the touch sir....you have the power

yerner
07-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Just don't expect to be able to edit rosters or player positions, draft ncaa rosters or play on the same team with your friends in couch co-op. You can't this year. If its in the game, it's not always in the game.

Rabb
07-31-2012, 07:41 AM

they make adjustments all year, it's a guess at this point...I just don't see the big deal

RhymesayersDU
07-31-2012, 08:21 AM

What would the Colts matter? You're not honestly suggesting a bias towards Indiana are you? I mean, I've heard of East Coast bias but this takes the cake.

And I'm sorry that when a guy misses a season due to injury his ratings go down. Man, that is ridiculous. We should just rate him to his last MVP season, just to be safe. Who cares about age, physical ability, etc? I sure don't. While we're on topic, we should rate Champ's speed from when he was a rookie, and we should rate Clady from his rookie season, pre-injury.

Tombstone RJ
07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
What would the Colts matter? You're not honestly suggesting a bias towards Indiana are you? I mean, I've heard of East Coast bias but this takes the cake.

And I'm sorry that when a guy misses a season due to injury his ratings go down. Man, that is ridiculous. We should just rate him to his last MVP season, just to be safe. Who cares about age, physical ability, etc? I sure don't. While we're on topic, we should rate Champ's speed from when he was a rookie, and we should rate Clady from his rookie season, pre-injury.

your contrarian crapola gets old fast... it'd be better if you had an original thought but whatever.

TheChamp24
07-31-2012, 10:23 AM

5,038 yards, 41 TD's, 63.5 completion %. Yeah, no way does he deserve a 91.
::)

RhymesayersDU
07-31-2012, 10:29 AM
your contrarian crapola gets old fast... it'd be better if you had an original thought but whatever.

I wouldn't call it contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. I'm just saying let's be reasonable. The idea that Manning wouldn't take a hit in ratings considering he had to sit out a year is ridiculous. Age/injuries/etc are a big deal.

And if it turns out Manning didn't drop off, they can adjust very easily.

eff1ngham
07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
The overall rating (while not exactly) is a composite score. I haven't seen all of their ratings this year, but if it's like the last 2 or 3 versions then Manning will most likely have a monster arm and accuracy. He most likely has very low mobility ratings, where as someone like Big Ben will have a pretty high throw on the run, etc. So Manning will probably be one of the best pure passers in the game, but won't have ratings as high in other categories. So "overall" he's not quite as good as Big Ben, but is a better passer. And if you've ever played Madden before you know the overall rating doesn't really mean jack. A guy like Reggie Bush could have a lower overall rating than Brandon Jacobs, but would be vastly better player in the game

Pontius Pirate
07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
There is truly no justice in this cruel world. I'm so depressed by this news, I was barely able to life my head off the pillow this morning. The only thing that keeps me going is that ESPN Power Rankings will be out soon, but if we aren't in the top 10, I don't know what I'll do.

Welcome to Peyton's life 24/7

Agamemnon
08-01-2012, 07:08 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Requiem
08-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I hear Joe Mays is a 96.

Flex Gunmetal
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't call it contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. I'm just saying let's be reasonable. The idea that Manning wouldn't take a hit in ratings considering he had to sit out a year is ridiculous. Age/injuries/etc are a big deal.

And if it turns out Manning didn't drop off, they can adjust very easily.

This.

It's a fair rating.

maher_tyler
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
This.

It's a fair rating.

I agree. I don't mind the rating, just think he is better than Rothlesberger even though he sat out last year...

91BRONCO
08-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Who cares??? It's Madden! CMON MAN!