PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Day 3: Manning to Decker Show

i4jelway7
07-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Eric Decker squared off against the one and only Champ Bailey, giving fans the perfect early setup: Hall of Fame quarterback vs. Hall of Fame cornerback, with the formerís favorite target in between. The setup didnít disappoint. Decker ran deep down the right sideline, getting a step on Bailey as Manning threw for the end zone. The two connected for the touchdown right in front of the fans, who went absolutely wild.

More at
http://broncotalk.net/2012/07/39261/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-2012-training-camp-day-3-the-manning-to-decker-show/

OBF1
07-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Champ is tearing this team apart.

The Joker
07-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Man I can't wait to see Payton Manning QB'ing the Broncos. Still can't quite believe it's happening, sounds like he and Decker really have some chemistry.

Going up against a surgeon like Manning every is only gonna help the defence in the long run too, frustrating as they may find it now.

Exciting times. :)

Chris
07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Rut roh who is this guy in the middle?

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/IMG_8110-500x393.jpg

Chris
07-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Eric Decker squared off against the one and only Champ Bailey, giving fans the perfect early setup: Hall of Fame quarterback vs. Hall of Fame cornerback, with the formerís favorite target in between. The setup didnít disappoint. Decker ran deep down the right sideline, getting a step on Bailey as Manning threw for the end zone. The two connected for the touchdown right in front of the fans, who went absolutely wild.

More at
http://broncotalk.net/2012/07/39261/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-2012-training-camp-day-3-the-manning-to-decker-show/

Peyton is tearing this defense apart.

Boobs McGee
07-28-2012, 03:02 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

LongDongJohnson
07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Rut roh who is this guy in the middle?

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/IMG_8110-500x393.jpg

Josh is back!

McDman
07-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Apparently DT wasn't targeted once today in practice.

backup qb
07-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Josh is back!

Don't even joke about that!

Broncoman13
07-28-2012, 04:04 PM

What gives you that idea?

i4jelway7
07-28-2012, 04:18 PM

Demaryius Thomas wasnít going to let Decker have all the fun. He ousted Porter for a decent catch early before beating Omar Bolden cleanly on a deep post for a touchdown.

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Champ is tearing this team apart.

Obviously I know you are kidding but I am sure some amount of Maners are going to freak out that Bailey has lost it.

I was there to day nearly all, if not all the passes completed were nearly perfectly covered by Bailey. It's freaky scary how accurate and precise Manning is.

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 04:30 PM

He was, he made a nice catch on one of the few deep balls Manning threw, he bobbled it but recovered nicely. He had a couple drops but one specifically was a hard catch with the ball coming over his shoulder opposite of his momentum.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 04:32 PM

Until I see it in real games it means zip..

the defense has been a punching bag for near a decade against the pass..

crush17
07-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Don't believe everything stupid DMac says on The Fan. I was about to punch my radio he was acting like such an a$$ today.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2012, 04:38 PM

He does...sorta have a history already. I dontknow why you expect Manning to turn to **** once the lights go on

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Yeah, totally! I mean it's not like he has a body of work to judge from. Essentially he is a complete mystery. He has to do something first, like every Super Bowl winning and All Pro QB!

RaiderH8r
07-28-2012, 04:44 PM

He's been doing that for years.

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 04:45 PM
He does...sorta have a history already. I dontknow why you expect Manning to turn to **** once the lights go on

Our defense also has a history. I think that's his point.

bowtown
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM

This article was specifically about one defender. His name is Champ Bailey. Please enlighten us on that history.

Can't wait to watch you embarrass yourself by throwing this teams best player of the past decade under the bus to suit your butt hurt agenda.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-28-2012, 04:55 PM

So if our defense was/is so bad against the pass why did tebow look so bad going against it

bowtown
07-28-2012, 04:59 PM
So if our defense was/is so bad against the pass why did tebow look so bad going against it

That's practice, duh. Tebow is almost a 55% passer when it counts.

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Of course people have to take camp for what it is, practice. That said, Champ had great coverage. Manning is just dead accurate. That remains unchanged regardless of practice or not.

It's fun to watch and it doesn't man the D sucks and Bailey should retire. It also doesn't mean we go 16-0 scoring 80 per game.

The Joker
07-28-2012, 05:00 PM
And here I thought it was just a harmless Josina reference.

McDman
07-28-2012, 05:31 PM
What gives you that idea?

While I was driving to NC I listened to Dmac on 104.3 and he said he made notes of every pass and DT didn't get one target.

McDman
07-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh, well apparently Dmac is an idiot.

Broncoman13
07-28-2012, 05:49 PM
While I was driving to NC I listened to Dmac on 104.3 and he said he made notes of every pass and DT didn't get one target.

First pass of the 11 on 11 went to Thomas. Then the long one to Decked over Champ. There were several others that went to DT as well. I have watched DMac at practice before. Watch for 5 minutes, bullshiat for an hour, watch another 5 minutes and then get ready for radio with that 10 minutes of watching... Plus he doesn't understand a lot of what he is looking at.

DENVERDUI55
07-28-2012, 05:51 PM
That's practice, duh. Tebow is almost a 55% passer when it counts.

19-47 in playoffs and that is when it counted.

Bacchus
07-28-2012, 05:51 PM

That's because you are a Tebow fanatic., but really continue it's fun.

McDman
07-28-2012, 06:06 PM
First pass of the 11 on 11 went to Thomas. Then the long one to Decked over Champ. There were several others that went to DT as well. I have watched DMac at practice before. Watch for 5 minutes, bullshiat for an hour, watch another 5 minutes and then get ready for radio with that 10 minutes of watching... Plus he doesn't understand a lot of what he is looking at.

Haha, he is so annoying.

OrangeCrush2724
07-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Man I can't wait to see Payton Manning QB'ing the Broncos. Still can't quite believe it's happening, sounds like he and Decker really have some chemistry.

Going up against a surgeon like Manning every is only gonna help the defence in the long run too, frustrating as they may find it now.

Exciting times. :)

I wanted to be reminded of the people that thought Manning coming here was a bad idea...

baja
07-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I wanted to be reminded of the people that thought Manning coming here was a bad idea...

Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 06:59 PM

I think he meant 11v11 but he also mentioned 7v7 which he clearly missed throws on then.

Kaylore
07-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Let's not forget that he said there wasn't a lick of difference between Chris Simms and Kyle Orton two years ago. Dmac decides what he wants to see ahead of time.

Bacchus
07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

Lonestar, Agemone

crush17
07-28-2012, 07:13 PM

You can watch the video on Broncos.com and see a TD pass thrown to DThomas so he is on crack.

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 07:19 PM
This article was specifically about one defender. His name is Champ Bailey. Please enlighten us on that history.

Can't wait to watch you embarrass yourself by throwing this teams best player of the past decade under the bus to suit your butt hurt agenda.

The only agenda I see is yours. We've been getting shredded in the passing game for years, so Manning doing the same in practice doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be amazing this season. I assume that was lonestar's point, and I would tend to agree.

He may be the old Manning and we may well have a top 5 offense like so many are expecting, but beating a defense that has been terrible for a long time in non-tackling drills really doesn't mean anything. If you don't understand that, I really don't know what to say.

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

I didn't. I always thought he was overrated, especially when it came to the playoffs, and I've always hated watching the audible-heavy style of offense he runs. With him coming off a very serious injury at his age I just didn't see the appeal. I still don't. That said, I'm rooting for the guy (and by extension Elway) to prove me wrong because first and foremost I want the Broncos to win a Super Bowl.

McDman
07-28-2012, 07:29 PM
You can watch the video on Broncos.com and see a TD pass thrown to DThomas so he is on crack.

Well I only have my phone so I'm limited to radio and the OM. I'm really disappointed with the lack of quality reports thus far!

McDman
07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
I didn't. I always thought he was overrated, especially when it came to the playoffs, and I've always hated watching the audible-heavy style of offense he runs. With him coming off a very serious injury at his age I just didn't see the appeal. I still don't. That said, I'm rooting for the guy (and by extension Elway) to prove me wrong because first and foremost I want the Broncos to win a Super Bowl.

Calling Manning overrated... ROFL!

DENVERDUI55
07-28-2012, 07:34 PM

You prefer a QB that can't audible out of bad plays and matchups?

crush17
07-28-2012, 07:35 PM
The only agenda I see is yours. We've been getting shredded in the passing game for years, so Manning doing the same in practice doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be amazing this season. I assume that was lonestar's point, and I would tend to agree.

He may be the old Manning and we may well have a top 5 offense like so many are expecting, but beating a defense that has been terrible for a long time in non-tackling drills really doesn't mean anything. If you don't understand that, I really don't know what to say.

....yawn

DENVERDUI55
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

Beavis,

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 07:39 PM

He has a losing record and a sub-90 QB rating in the playoffs, so yes I think he's overrated, especially when people act like he can turn this mediocre team into a Super Bowl winner overnight.

But he's a Bronco now, so I'm hoping I'm wrong and all the true believers are right about him being what it takes for us to win a Super Bowl again.

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM

I prefer to continue to develop young QB's especially after they lead us to a playoff win with a mediocre team. Call me crazy.

DENVERDUI55
07-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I prefer to continue to develop young QB's especially after they lead us to a playoff win with a mediocre team. Call me crazy.

Ok you prefer a gimmick awful passing qb that is clearly not a qb of the future to a HOF qb with Superbowl win. Got it now.

McDman
07-28-2012, 08:05 PM

Let's not start this fight again.

Lestat
07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
He has a losing record and a sub-90 QB rating in the playoffs, so yes I think he's overrated, especially when people act like he can turn this mediocre team into a Super Bowl winner overnight.

But he's a Bronco now, so I'm hoping I'm wrong and all the true believers are right about him being what it takes for us to win a Super Bowl again.

the man took a undersized Colts team to the super bowl & made Jim Caldwell look like a good coach for Christ sakes.
that same Colts team that got the #1 pick would have won at least 10 games with Manning under center.

he has a track record with taking a ok team and making them better.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 08:09 PM

IIRC Tebow was a gamer..

Lestat
07-28-2012, 08:12 PM
IIRC Tebow was a gamer..

i'll never be able to hear that word ever again without thinking about the Dolphins game.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 08:25 PM
lonestar

That's because you are a Tebow fanatic., but really continue it's fun.

While I like Tim I'm fully on board with Manning he is a HUGE upgrade over Tebow..

At the time of the trade I would have liked to have to have him work behind Manning thinking he would absorb like a sponge.. and when it was time for Manning to retire we would have an experienced multifunctional QB ..

But now what I have heard about Brock I'm OK with that not happening..

So while your about 10% correct about being a fan of Tim your 90% full of crap if you think that this defense has not been a punching bag for the last decade and especially when Playing a QB named Manning been burnt to a crisp..

Agamemnon
07-28-2012, 08:27 PM
the man took a undersized Colts team to the super bowl & made Jim Caldwell look like a good coach for Christ sakes.
that same Colts team that got the #1 pick would have won at least 10 games with Manning under center.

Are we going for "better" or actually trying to win a Super Bowl? Obviously he should make the team better, but you don't sign a guy to the contract they gave Manning unless you are shooting for a lot more than "better". They made it clear they were shooting for Super Bowl with the Manning signing, and I think that's the standard we should be expecting, not simply "better". That said, Manning has a spotty record in the playoffs, and simply ignoring that amounts to nothing but wishful thinking.

And please stop with the "Manning would have made last year's Colt team 10-6". No one knows that. They were ranked 26th in rushing, 25th in total defense, and 28th in points allowed. Manning would've certainly helped a lot, but there was a lot more wrong with that team last year than just QB play.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

Initially I was not a fan of the deal..

to much money for what could be a one hit QB..

I like Tebow because he was the first QB that was exciting to watch sinc John retired maybe Jake could be included in that but no one else was worth a crap IMO..

I remember seeing games the past decade where the stands were empty on the 4th quarter.. Did not see one last year.. So I suspect that I was not alone in that regard..

Now I'm on board with Manning as he looks like he has recovered completely I do still have reservations about spending almost 20% of your yearly cap on one guy.. I do not think it to be a good business decision..

so if that qualifies then count me in..

FWIW this in the first year in a VERY long time that I have bought sunday ticket, Even KNOWING that Manning will most likely get first team TV coverage all year and would likely not miss a single game like I have over the past decade or so..

SO I put my money where my mouth was.. How about you?

lonestar
07-28-2012, 08:39 PM

But just like John he needed help getting a win in the BIG games..

he is a wonder to watch at the LOS and for many years I really disliked the guy until I saw him dismantle teams that we got our asses licked by then I started to admire him.. Just like Brady they take defenses apart..

I'm hoping that we will not have an injuries to starters this year and will have another great draft and FA off season next year because with BO behind him we could be a damned fine team for along time..

lonestar
07-28-2012, 08:43 PM
i'll never be able to hear that word ever again without thinking about the Dolphins game.

Like I said a gamer.. looked like crap till he had to have the plays.. he started a small legend in that game..

errand
07-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Who didn't want Manning.

I want names. ;D

Oh, they know who they are...but so do we. and when they scurry to climb aboard the Ark when the floods come, those of us who thought otherwise will really have a good laugh

errand
07-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Bull****...you don't want the Broncos to win, you want them to win with your hero. And you'll silently rejoice if they lose because you're still butthurt that your boy got dumped like third period French.

errand
07-28-2012, 08:58 PM

I know right? What's wrong with people these days?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2012, 08:58 PM

I think if you think the reason Manning looks sharp in TC is cuz our defense sucks, then youre an idiot.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Are we going for "better" or actually trying to win a Super Bowl? Obviously he should make the team better, but you don't sign a guy to the contract they gave Manning unless you are shooting for a lot more than "better". They made it clear they were shooting for Super Bowl with the Manning signing, and I think that's the standard we should be expecting, not simply "better". That said, Manning has a spotty record in the playoffs, and simply ignoring that amounts to nothing but wishful thinking.

And please stop with the "Manning would have made last year's Colt team 10-6". No one knows that. They were ranked 26th in rushing, 25th in total defense, and 28th in points allowed. Manning would've certainly helped a lot, but there was a lot more wrong with that team last year than just QB play.

Theres nothing to suggest he wouldnt. He pretty much dragged a crap colts team to double digit wins every year of his career.

errand
07-28-2012, 09:02 PM

LOL...Good one. Yeah, he does prefer the alternative. what's funny is if any other QB hits on half his passes, everyone says he needs to improve....when Tebow does it, well, it means he did improve.

errand
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Yes, he's developed from God-awful passer into a moderately tolerable punt protector....LOL

errand
07-28-2012, 09:19 PM

LOL....Yeah, he's 9-10 in the playoffs...but of course you're failing to look at how many times he led his team to playoffs to have played in 19 post season games...oh and the two seasons the colts didn't have him as their starter...they won an impressive total of 3 games.

Well he led colts to AFC title with the NFL's 32nd ranked rushing attack in '09....they also were 18th overall in D, and 24th vs rush that season too. He won the SB in '06 despite Colts finishing 32nd vs rush, and 21st overall D.

Jetmeck
07-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, he's developed from God-awful passer into a moderately tolerable punt protector....LOL

That's just plain not fair because given some time to develop..........who knows where this guy ends up.

Jetmeck
07-28-2012, 09:23 PM
LOL....Yeah, he's 9-10 in the playoffs...but of course you're failing to look at how many times he led his team to playoffs to have played in 19 post season games...oh and the two seasons the colts didn't have him as their starter...they won an impressive total of 3 games.

Well he led colts to AFC title with the NFL's 32nd ranked rushing attack in '09....they also were 18th overall in D, and 24th vs rush that season too. He won the SB in '06 despite Colts finishing 32nd vs rush, and 21st overall D.

ALL TRUE... and Elway once upon a time had a bad record in big games and we all know how that came out after getting a run game and a DECENT DEFENSE...........................

baja
07-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Initially I was not a fan of the deal..

to much money for what could be a one hit QB..

I like Tebow because he was the first QB that was exciting to watch sinc John retired maybe Jake could be included in that but no one else was worth a crap IMO..

I remember seeing games the past decade where the stands were empty on the 4th quarter.. Did not see one last year.. So I suspect that I was not alone in that regard..

Now I'm on board with Manning as he looks like he has recovered completely I do still have reservations about spending almost 20% of your yearly cap on one guy.. I do not think it to be a good business decision..

so if that qualifies then count me in..

FWIW this in the first year in a VERY long time that I have bought sunday ticket, Even KNOWING that Manning will most likely get first team TV coverage all year and would likely not miss a single game like I have over the past decade or so..

SO I put my money where my mouth was.. How about you?

The only way I can get the Ticket is to subscribe to my local dish, SKY. I already pay for Dish the only US dish available here. This year I decided to carry two Satellite systems just so I won't have to miss a Broncos game.

errand
07-28-2012, 09:33 PM
That's just plain not fair because given some time to develop..........who knows where this guy ends up.

Yeah, well this is where Tebow's Bieber-esque fans saying "how he does in practice doesn't matter" bull**** comes to bite him in the ass...because he'll never get the chance to develop when all the coaches see is errant passes bouncing to the few open WR's he sees....

errand
07-28-2012, 09:35 PM
ALL TRUE... and Elway once upon a time had a bad record in big games and we all know how that came out after getting a run game and a DECENT DEFENSE...........................

Well isn't that what we have? A good running game and a decent defense?

bowtown
07-28-2012, 09:44 PM

True. I also prefer when we just sign free agents to make us better with no specific goal in mind.

RaiderH8r
07-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh, they know who they are...but so do we. and when they scurry to climb aboard the Ark when the floods come, those of us who thought otherwise will really have a good laugh

I'm right here. History is not on PM's side and I bought into building through the draft and filling needs and a lot of needs can be addressed with $96 million. But the good news is either I am right or PM wins 2 SBs during his time here and I eat crow smothered in Lombardi sauce. Winning one is expected, winning two makes it a success but Joe Montana, Unitas, Favre etc all couldn't pull it off so PM has his work cut out for him.

This move is Shanny, Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder's wet dream FA signing. So it will either work or it won't. There is no middle ground.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 10:28 PM
The only way I can get the Ticket is to subscribe to my local dish, SKY. I already pay for Dish the only US dish available here. This year I decided to carry two Satellite systems just so I won't have to miss a Broncos game.

Well I paid for it even ($100) though I get the abc, cbs, nbc east and west coast feeds as well as my local programs off an antenna.
hedging my bets wanting to see all the games this year instead of hap hazard.. like in years past..

lonestar
07-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm right here. History is not on PM's side and I bought into building through the draft and filling needs and a lot of needs can be addressed with $96 million. But the good news is either I am right or PM wins 2 SBs during his time here and I eat crow smothered in Lombardi sauce. Winning one is expected, winning two makes it a success but Joe Montana, Unitas, Favre etc all couldn't pull it off so PM has his work cut out for him.

This move is Shanny, Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder's wet dream FA signing. So it will either work or it won't. There is no middle ground.

think your closer to hitting it out of the park than the pie in the sky folks that thought/think it is a slam dunk..

KipCorrington25
07-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh, well apparently Dmac is an idiot.

He missed half the practice talking about weight watchers or whatever that **** is he shills for 24/7.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM

Joe Montana took a chiefs team to the AFC championship. Brett Favre had his Vikes team one crappy pass from a Super Bowl berth. I'd say both those signings worked out fine.

DeusExManning
07-28-2012, 10:42 PM

Aggy, you repeatedly quote the contract, sorry but it is not your money. They can spend whatever they want and no they do not need to win the super bowl. It is a huge upgrade that changes everything and I for one am happy they took the chance.

errand
07-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Joe Montana took a chiefs team to the AFC championship. Brett Favre had his Vikes team one crappy pass from a Super Bowl berth. I'd say both those signings worked out fine.

Keep in mind that Manning is heads and shoulders above these guys I'm listing -

Craig Morton took Broncos to SB.....Chris Chandler took Falcons to SB...Earl Morrall took Dolphins to SB....Kurt Warner took Cardinals to SB.....to say history isn't on Peyton's side is just plain stupid.

Bob's your Information Minister
07-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Bowe is going to smoke old man Chump.

lonestar
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM

more spam from bobo..

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2012, 10:55 PM

Thanks for your thoughtful input

baja
07-28-2012, 11:00 PM

YOU HAVE BECOME A LAZY FISHERMAN.

Oh I know it's hot and you're fat but still you can do better than that.

Rolandftw
07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm still a bit skeptical that we're going to win a championship with Manning. Has nothing to do with Manning, but the reality is that we're still a young team in many areas and even when surrounded with good talent, Manning only won once. Not a slam dunk by any stretch. I still think San Francisco was the best fit for Manning, but obviously he felt otherwise (which I'm happy for).

Hard not to feel excited when I hear the training camp reports tho. Manning on the Broncos still seems incredibly surreal. Kinda crazy how it ended up going down.

Bacchus
07-29-2012, 01:39 AM

Couldn't audible out of bad plays and matchups? Hell he could not recognize when a play was bad or he had a bad match-up.

KCStud
07-29-2012, 02:50 AM

Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Kurt Warner didn't win a SB with those teams either.

Those QB's also had more talent on their team too, especially on offense.

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Kurt Warner didn't win a SB with those teams either.

None of those players won a Superbowl either with as bad of a team as Peyton did either.

Mediator12
07-29-2012, 05:46 AM

Its possible, but Cassel will still throw it to Champ anyway ;D

Play2win
07-29-2012, 06:19 AM

It will work, because it was Elway's move... Mother****er....

Play2win
07-29-2012, 06:22 AM

Or worse yet... audible out of a good play, into a bad one.

McDman
07-29-2012, 06:39 AM

I don't know about the Vikings. They had AP, that was about it. My dad is a huge Viking fan so I saw every game. Their Oline was garbage and Rice is no better than DT or Decker.

Powderaddict
07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
How many players on "this defense" have faced Manning as a Bronco?

3? Champ, Dumervil, and DJ are the only ones I can come up with. And that is not with a couple of very good defensive minds in Fox and JDR leading them.

I find no validity in the "this defense" claim.

BlueCrusher
07-29-2012, 07:27 AM

Really don't want to hear about chief players performing geriatric fellatio.

Rock Chalk
07-29-2012, 08:37 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7w64fbqYQY?autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
07-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Well, you can't win it without making the playoffs first...and you damn sure can't win it without getting to the big game. If anyone can win it at 36 years old on their 2nd team, it's Peyton Manning.

errand
07-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Well, Joe's problem that saeason was he was on the Chiefs....the other guys were done in by INT and a last minute TD.

BroncoBeavis
07-29-2012, 09:36 AM
It will work, because it was Elway's move... Mother****er....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We have acquired DT Jeremy Jarmon from Washington in exchange for WR Jabar Gaffney.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/96285911523917825" data-datetime="2011-07-27T18:28:44+00:00">July 27, 2011</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy is an athletic defensive lineman with great versatility. We are looking forward to having him as Bronco.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/96286543379054592" data-datetime="2011-07-27T18:31:15+00:00">July 27, 2011</a></blockquote>

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 09:38 AM

Kurt Warner got an iffy Cards team to the SB and let's face it, that teams defense was not very good. However, the cards were competitive in that SB.

errand
07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We have acquired DT Jeremy Jarmon from Washington in exchange for WR Jabar Gaffney.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/96285911523917825" data-datetime="2011-07-27T18:28:44+00:00">July 27, 2011</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy is an athletic defensive lineman with great versatility. We are looking forward to having him as Bronco.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/96286543379054592" data-datetime="2011-07-27T18:31:15+00:00">July 27, 2011</a></blockquote>

Still butt hurt I see.....defending Tebow, blasting Elway, trashing Manning....LOL

RaiderH8r
07-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Still butt hurt I see.....defending Tebow, blasting Elway, trashing Manning....LOL

Dude, I think even Elway would concede Jarmon is a first rate slapdick of the highest order at this point and a mistake. Trading Gaff for a bag of crunchy Cheetos would have been a better move. Don't defend stupid.

KCStud
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, you can't win it without making the playoffs first...and you damn sure can't win it without getting to the big game. If anyone can win it at 36 years old on their 2nd team, it's Peyton Manning.

He's gotta beat his Brady/Belicheck first. We all know that's not happening.

DBroncos4life
07-29-2012, 12:56 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d803c9c6b/2006-AFC-Championship-Colts-vs-Patriots

I know right?

lonestar
07-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Dude, I think even Elway would concede Jarmon is a first rate slapdick of the highest order at this point and a mistake. Trading Gaff for a bag of crunchy Cheetos would have been a better move. Don't defend stupid.

gaff was becoming a locker room cancer he had to go and IF they would have gotten your bag of cheetos they would have been ahead..

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Kurt Warner got an iffy Cards team to the SB and let's face it, that teams defense was not very good. However, the cards were competitive in that SB.

That's true but the defense is what got them to the Superbowl. They were bad in regular season but played great in playoffs. They had that game won until the missed sack on 2 nd and 20 to end the game turned into a 30 yard gain and big first down.

KCStud
07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d803c9c6b/2006-AFC-Championship-Colts-vs-Patriots

I know right?

What's his record against Belicheck and Brady in the playoffs again?

Hasn't Brady/Belicheck beaten Peyton 8 out of 13 times? Hmmm

UberBroncoMan
07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Wish we still had Eddie Royal to go with Decker and Thomas. Apparently Royal is tearing it up in SD. All he ever needed was a good throwing QB.

Heyneck
07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
That's true but the defense is what got them to the Superbowl. They were bad in regular season but played great in playoffs. They had that game won until the missed sack on 2 nd and 20 to end the game turned into a 30 yard gain and big first down.

The same can be said for the Colts the year they won the SB. It's a team game.

bombay
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM

How do the chefs look in the playoffs?

No one who is still living knows.

DBroncos4life
07-29-2012, 02:33 PM

So Manning has beat Brady/Belicheck so it's possible. Hmmmm

Heyneck
07-29-2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah... huh... good luck with Cassel. HAhahahahahahaha!!!!

Jetmeck
07-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Just plain stupid. Montana had nothing of any consequence offensively around him in KC. I can't speak for the two others but don't remember much but one good receiver in Arizona and a great running back in Minnesota.

KC had neither. They were a bunch of retreads and afterthoughts...the perfect example of KC's clueless management to not get talent around the man.

Name one offensive weapon Montana had ? homer on...............

Jetmeck
07-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Wish we still had Eddie Royal to go with Decker and Thomas. Apparently Royal is tearing it up in SD. All he ever needed was a good throwing QB.

Well Orton was fairly accurate and yet he was a no show...............won't miss him at all.

Bronco Yoda
07-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not missing Royal all that much.

lonestar
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Well Orton was fairly accurate and yet he was a no show...............won't miss him at all.

Fast eddie has been a no show since his rookie year.. regardless of who his QB has been.. Even in the rookie year he spaced out in games..

has loads of potential but he is the prototypical WR, an air head with an ego..

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Eddie needs to learn to stay healthy and man up. He can't help his team on the sideline with a bruised vagina.

Paladin
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Just plain stupid. Montana had nothing of any consequence offensively around him in KC. I can't speak for the two others but don't remember much but one good receiver in Arizona and a great running back in Minnesota.

KC had neither. They were a bunch of retreads and afterthoughts...the perfect example of KC's clueless management to not get talent around the man.

Marcus Allen...

(This message was typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG's nipples.)

RaiderH8r
07-29-2012, 06:16 PM

So you're throwing in the towel on the Cassell/Crennel connection and going in with Brady/Belly? Solid move on your part to bail on the Chiefs. They're dog****.

Tim
07-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Fast eddie has been a no show since his rookie year.. regardless of who his QB has been.. Even in the rookie year he spaced out in games..

has loads of potential but he is the prototypical WR, an air head with an ego..

I never saw it. He got mcdaniel'd hard after his rookie year and hasn't been targeted much since but his attitude has always been great.

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 06:43 PM

try Marcus Allen homey...

lonestar
07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I never saw it. He got mcdaniel'd hard after his rookie year and hasn't been targeted much since but his attitude has always been great.

do you suppose that Orton did not throw to him because he was either not open, ran the wrong route or he dropped balls when they came his way..

I do not think that MCd told orton not to throw to what was a sensational rookie the year before.... Do your really think he did?

DBroncos4life
07-29-2012, 06:59 PM

I think we are more talented then that KC team with Marcus Allen wouldn't you agree?

Bmore Manning
07-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Hey guy, Peyton OWNS the patriots the last five years. Now when the patriots filmed teams and had better defensive pieces to add to the known game plan, sure they had Peytons #, but he puts the wood in them since.

Jetmeck
07-29-2012, 07:42 PM

.............so how did he work out for them ?

exactly............thats why I didn't remember him.

Allen didn't have much left in the tank by then.
Good shifty find the hole at the goal line but otherwise nothing
special.

Try again

errand
07-29-2012, 07:52 PM

You should talk....you're another part of the clown posse that tries to discount Manning's signing, trashes Elway by looking at every little thing he does searching for anything that'll justify your agenda. You coming in here defending Beavis is the epitome of defending stupid.

errand
07-29-2012, 08:05 PM

What's that got to do with your post claiming he couldn't beat the Patriots in playoffs? He posted proof that he indeed can, and has....

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 08:17 PM
.............so how did he work out for them ?

exactly............thats why I didn't remember him.

Allen didn't have much left in the tank by then.
Good shifty find the hole at the goal line but otherwise nothing
special.

Try again

well here is what you said: Name one offensive weapon Montana had ?

Marcus Allen is a HoFer.

Tim
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
do you suppose that Orton did not throw to him because he was either not open, ran the wrong route or he dropped balls when they came his way..

I do not think that MCd told orton not to throw to what was a sensational rookie the year before.... Do your really think he did?
I don't know the reason he didn't have many receptions but I think he will be a breakout player this season like Welker in 07 and Sproels last season. Gates, Floyd, Meachem, Royal... AJ actually made some good moves this season and Royal was one of them, he saw the bad situation Royal has been in and grabbed him.

Lycan
07-29-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not missing Royal all that much.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FkExjeUSCcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I think we are more talented then that KC team with Marcus Allen wouldn't you agree?

KC had a very good defense and a good oline but yah, I think the Broncos have more talent on the offense at the skill positions outside of Marcus Allen.

lonestar
07-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know the reason he didn't have many receptions but I think he will be a breakout player this season like Welker in 07 and Sproels last season. Gates, Floyd, Meachem, Royal... AJ actually made some good moves this season and Royal was one of them, he saw the bad situation Royal has been in and grabbed him.

Well I liked Eddie in his first year thought he was going to be a stud.. but everything I saw afterward lead me to believe he was a typical moron WR big head felt he did not have to work for his position.. then Gaff came in and lit it up.. so it was not the QB or system..

I also suspect that many DC figured out how to stop him, by jamming him at the LOS and he never recovered..

I hope he has a great year while playing everyone but DEN..

RaiderH8r
07-29-2012, 08:56 PM
You should talk....you're another part of the clown posse that tries to discount Manning's signing, trashes Elway by looking at every little thing he does searching for anything that'll justify your agenda. You coming in here defending Beavis is the epitome of defending stupid.

There's something in my front pocket for you. Why don't ya come over here and see what it is.

Lighten up lunchbox. I'm not defending anybody. Jarmon is a slapdick and anybody with film or experience could see that. He was on DC's practice squad and lucky to be there at that. The guy should have been working baggage claim at Reagan airport.

Don't like the PM signing, history says it isn't a winning move but if Tebow, the most offensive player ever to go under center, can take this team into the second round of the playoffs then Manning should win a title with it. Elway the Magnificent clearly wants to win now so he better winnow. He has every opportunity to prove me wrong.

RaiderH8r
07-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Well I liked Eddie in his first year thought he was going to be a stud.. but everything I saw afterward lead me to believe he was a typical moron WR big head felt he did not have to work for his position.. then Gaff came in and lit it up.. so it was not the QB or system..

I also suspect that many DC figured out how to stop him, by jamming him at the LOS and he never recovered..

I hope he has a great year while playing everyone but DEN..

I hope he gets a case of the dropsies and pukes in Rivers' helmet before the two minute drill in week 1.

Agamemnon
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7w64fbqYQY?autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go look at his playoff record. Count the number of times he's choked. Then watch your little video clip and realize it only really applies whenever you post.

Irish Stout
07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Go look at his playoff record. Count the number of times he's choked. Then watch your little video clip and realize it only really applies whenever you post.

In 11 years he has had 19 playoff games, of which he has won 9. His QB rating during all those games is 88.1.

For comparison - Elway had 21 playoff games with 14 wins and 7 losses.

I would take a Manning or a Marino in the playoffs over a Cutler, Tebow or Orton personally. But the pressure definitely changes in the post season.

Agamemnon
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
In 11 years he has had 19 playoff games, of which he has won 9. His QB rating during all those games is 88.1.

I would take a Manning or a Marino in the playoffs over a Cutler, Tebow or Orton personally. But the pressure definitely changes in the post season.

Exactly. I never said the guy wasn't a great QB. I simply said he is overrated. When people act like this guy is going to magically win a Super Bowl with the swiss cheese roster we currently have, despite his spotty playoff record, they prove my point.

lonestar
07-30-2012, 01:25 PM

good post.. but winning and losing is NOT just on the QB there are 22+ other players on the field and up to 53 on each team that contribute to wins and loses..

While they get tagged with teh loss it is NOT all their fault..

Just like Ben losing last year to Tebow in the play offs... Was that his fault alone?