PDA

View Full Version : The Cecil Lammey Training Camp Report Thread

BMarsh615
07-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Cecil goes to every practice and always has a nice long writeup on what he sees at camp. Will post a snippet from each of his camp reports that I find interesting and then will link to his full post.

Day 1 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=0&p=14578834&#entry14578834)

DT Ty Warren is a man among boys (again). This guy just needs to stay healthy. He tossed DE Malik Jackson to the ground and out of his way in position drills, drawing ‘OOOOHHHHSS!!!!’ from his teammates. He also skied () and swatted down a Manning pass over the middle. Day 2 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=0&p=14582440&#entry14582440)

Peyton Manning – Had to move inside to the practice bubble because of the lightning, and Manning put on a show. Any questions about his arm strength were squelched (again) when he overthrew Jason Hill on a ‘9’ route down the left sideline. He is able to get the defense to jump offsides with his commanding cadence, and did a nice job adjusting to what he saw pre-snap. Executed a picture perfect play action pass to Eric Decker. Pass sailed about 45-yards and split two defenders for the TD. Manning’s window was less than the size of a basketball hoop but he put it right in Decker’s hands, splitting Tracy Porter and Quinton Carter. Plenty of zip on his passes to Demaryius Thomas all over the field. Fantastic day from Manning, Thomas, and Decker.
Day 3 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=0&p=14583963&#entry14583963)

I was in studio this morning, they nixed broadcasting on the weekends from Dove Valley http://forumimages.footballguys.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sadbanana.gif

Big Mex approved day 3 report here: http://broncotalk.ne...to-decker-show/ (http://broncotalk.net/2012/07/39261/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-2012-training-camp-day-3-the-manning-to-decker-show/)

will be out at Dove Valley tomorrow afternoon, back with the hotness on Sunday night! http://forumimages.footballguys.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

sources told me Decker was dominant today. beating Champ in 1on1's.

Brock was looking like a rookie today, had some bad overthrows and picks.

Omar Bolden with at least 2 interceptions.

Rahim Moore with more reps with the 1s because of QCarter's hamstring injury.

Both Hillman and Jeremiah Johnson showed speed to the edge.

Willis McGahee had fresh legs in first day with pads on.

Osweiler threw TD pass to Jeremiah Johnson, mostly run after the catch. 10-yard slant + Johnson's speed = TD Day 4 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=0&p=14586717&#entry14586717)

Ty Warren just needs to stay healthy. Man alive he’s a mountain of a man with great functional strength and good first step explosion. Warren flat out abused JD Walton in the pit. It was so bad that charges could have been filed. Warren used a Reggie White like hump move to quickly toss Walton to the side.

Kevin Vickerson is having a very strong camp. He’s much bigger than he was last year, and it’s not slop, he’s built strong and is pushing guys around. Was able to push back Zane Beadles (like he was on roller skates) and won many battles in the pit. Vickerson also knocked down an Adam Weber pass at the line of scrimmage. Day 5 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=50&p=14589699&#entry14589699)

Proof that Ryan Harris should be the starting Right Tackle? He beat Von Miller in the pit – TWICE. Harris has the athleticism to shadow Miller and the size to absorb any punch, swim, rip. He was also able to redirect the very fired up Jason Hunter right out of the play. It was like Tai Chi watching Harris uses Hunter’s own momentum against him. Just walked him right out of the play, great stuff here.

I love watching Von Miller. He’s always been quick off the snap, but now it looks like he’s added upper body strength and not lost any speed/quickness. Added strength allows him to be even more devastating as a pass rusher when he uses his hands to disengage. Von also showed good coverage skills, disrupting a would be TD pass to Willis McGahee. Day 7 (Wednesday, team was off on Tuesday) (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=50&p=14600704&#entry14600704)

Justin Bannan pushed Zane Beadles back into the passer. Just used a straight up bull rush against him.

Kevin Vickerson beat J.D. Walton with a rip move to the inside. For some reason when he went against Zane Beadles he decided to do a spin move. He essentially spun in Beadles hands and went nowehere. Everyone else was beating Beadles with power, and I have no idea why Vickerson tried the spin. He’s NOT Dwight Freeney.

Ty Warren worked over Chris Kuper. He also pushed around J.D. Walton in what seems to be an every day tradition. Incredible power. Day 12 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=50&p=14610735&#entry14610735)

Ryan Clady pushed Elvis Dumervil to the ground in a display of raw power. It seems like ever since contract talks have been shelved Clady is playing at an elite level. Clady has owned Dumervil every day in practice.

Day 13 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&view=findpost&p=14614276)

Ronnie Hillman – was padded up and back at practice today after missing time with that hamstring injury. Didn’t have a hitch in his step and showed good acceleration in drills. Coach Studesville was really working with him on leg drive when pushing the sled. He can pop that tackling sled almost as hard as FB Chris Gronkowski. Didn’t see much team drill work and most I talked to felt he won’t play on Thursday night.

Mogulseeker
07-27-2012, 10:32 PM
By all accounts, it sounds like Warren has the capability of being a supreme beast.

lonestar
07-27-2012, 10:36 PM
By all accounts, it sounds like Warren has the capability of being a supreme beast.

I'll just be happy if he makes through the season, being a warm body.. More than he has been the past couple of years..

Stuck in Cali
07-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks Bmarsh, keeps me from searching for news.

cutthemdown
07-27-2012, 11:18 PM

He's not that old and is a dominant player when healthy. His injuries were more the unlucky type, muscle tears etc. Nothing that ruins a career. This guy is the most talented DT on the team and the one most likely to really lift the defense if he can stay on the field. Which in my opinion he can. Hell his whole body probably fresh now lol. He can still play and I bet plays well.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2012, 12:45 AM

I'd be happy for him to have a Richard Seymore type resurgence for us.

barryr
07-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Warren staying healthy and being productive would be a big boost to this defense.

vancejohnson82
07-28-2012, 10:01 AM
every time I read about a Manning strike I get an orange and blue erection

DBroncos4life
07-28-2012, 10:03 AM

I think it is funny that people would rather have Bunkley then Warren.

razorwire77
07-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Ronnie Hillman – This was Hillman’s day. He put on a show as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. He explodes out of the cut, and is very decisive with the ball in his hands. Still toying with defenders in the open field. Showed a sick spin move on a screen pass where he accelerated to the corner, made a defender miss with a juke, sprinted upfield 10-yards then spun away from a defender. He showed plenty of speed to get to the corner, and the smallest crease of daylight inside and he would explode through the hole. As a receiver out of the backfield he catches the ball cleanly with thumbs together when the ball comes in over his chest, pinkies together when the ball comes in below his chest. He catches in stride and is able to turn upfield quickly.

Goodbye Knowshon :wave:

broncosteven
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM

I would love to see them move KM for some low round picks but I don't know who would want him especially if they think he could be a late cut.

Heyneck
07-28-2012, 01:34 PM

Lets wait until live bullets start flying. There where similar reports from KM in past camps. Still... very encouraging... but I still think there is more value in keeping KM than dumping him or trading him.

razorwire77
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
I would love to see them move KM for some low round picks but I don't know who would want him especially if they think he could be a late cut.

I think they'll keep him around until another team has a rash of RB injuries, which always seems to happen given the nature of the position. His name and his draft position will allow them to get a 5th or conditional 6th rounder. Better than nothing.

I'm thinking they roll with Willis, Hillman, Ball, and either Fannin or Johnson depending on who shows more on special teams during the preseason.

BMarsh615
07-28-2012, 09:18 PM
OP updated. He was on the radio during camp today so no report.

ZONA
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Omar Bolden - this guy is going to be a good one. I gotta feeling about it.

cutthemdown
07-28-2012, 11:34 PM

He's a dominant player when healthy.

theAPAOps5
07-28-2012, 11:38 PM

He was very streaky today, as a rookie should be. Can definitely see the pay maker in him though.

sisterhellfyre
07-28-2012, 11:40 PM
every time I read about a Manning strike I get an orange and blue erection

You might want to see a doctor about that.

Broncos_OTM
07-29-2012, 07:17 AM
You might want to see a doctor about that.

has it been four hours

cutthemdown
07-29-2012, 01:17 PM

He would need to be looking good in camp, but at only about 1 million a yr, in last yr of deal, i think he sticks one more yr for depth.

DENVERDUI55
07-29-2012, 03:40 PM
He would need to be looking good in camp, but at only about 1 million a yr, in last yr of deal, i think he sticks one more yr for depth.

Might as well get him his 20 touches to when he will get hurt then cut him.

orinjkrush
07-29-2012, 04:01 PM
you don't trade KM. you sit him as second, third string.
he has the talent to come in.

a fourth or fifth? seriously? keep him for depth.

razorwire77
07-29-2012, 09:46 PM
you don't trade KM. you sit him as second, third string.
he has the talent to come in.

a fourth or fifth? seriously? keep him for depth.

I'd trade him because when it's all said and done in training camp, I don't think he's the third or even necessarily the 4th best RB on the team.

A third string RB better play special teams does KM excel there? No.

Has he demonstrated that he's elusive in space and can make people miss at this level? No. Scratch that, only against KC.

Does he have the quickness to catch an edge and a top gear to finish long runs? No.

Does he have the durability, size and strength to run between the tackles? No.

Is he "Sauced"? Yes.

Does he limp and pull himself out after every 3rd carry? Yes.

So do you keep a roster spot for a guy that basically isn't a special teams demon and catches the ball pretty well?

BMarsh615
07-29-2012, 10:37 PM
OP updated. Cecil gives Ronnie Hillman some love too.

razorwire77
07-29-2012, 11:32 PM
OP updated. Cecil gives Ronnie Hillman some love too.

Hillman takes it to the house 50 + yards.

Walton and Beadles get rag-dolled by physical D-lineman. Shocking.

Traveler
07-30-2012, 04:58 AM
What happened to 2012 OTA sensation Sealver Siliga?

fontaine
07-30-2012, 05:13 AM

Yeah, those two guys are our weakest starters on the roster.

Agamemnon
07-30-2012, 05:14 AM

God we need to replace those bums...

TheChamp24
07-30-2012, 06:51 AM
So, is our DL(ie Warren) that good, or are our OL just that bad?

The Joker
07-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Couple of times I've read negative things about Julius Thomas's body language.

Hope he's putting in the effort, he's got great physical gifts but he was always gonna be a project. He won't get there if his attitude isn't right, hopefully Cecil is just reading too much into things!

socalorado
07-30-2012, 07:12 AM
I am callin it. Ronnie Hillman will be up for OROY.
Dude is a poormans Shady McCoy.

Play2win
07-30-2012, 07:26 AM

I have a feeling he's going to be one of my favorite Broncos for years to come.

It seems so long, since we've had a RB that I've really loved. Willis is great, but lord know how long he's really got left.

I love good RB play, just like good QB play, good imposing MLB and Safety play. Should be fun to watch this guy play.

Exciting times, indeed :thumbsup:

outdoor_miner
07-30-2012, 07:31 AM
It is kind of exciting that Osweiler has been receiving consistently good reviews. He at least appears to have the tools to be very good. Obviously, it remains to be seen if he can put it all together, but good to know that the talent is there.

Rabb
07-30-2012, 07:33 AM
It is kind of exciting that Osweiler has been receiving consistently good reviews. He at least appears to have the tools to be very good. Obviously, it remains to be seen if he can put it all together, but good to know that the talent is there.

I think we took him at the perfect time, he has time to develop.

Play2win
07-30-2012, 07:43 AM

I have watched him over the last few years, I always thought he was great at the things that matter– accuracy, athleticism, cannon arm, and... size. Good leader, too. The good reports coming out of camp aren't a surprise at all. What would surprise me, though, is if he doesn't develop a hell of a lot faster than many people think.

55CrushEm
07-30-2012, 08:18 AM

I hope so......some were saying one of the best value picks in the draft......1st or HIGH 2nd round grade, if not for being injured his last year in college.

Irish Stout
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
He was very streaky today, as a rookie should be. Can definitely see the pay maker in him though.

On the 28th, I saw him play streaky, but made two good picks on poor decisions by Brock. You'd think Brock would know better.

Overall, I was impressed with how much stronger our secondary coverage looked. The only guy who consistently beat the coverage was Decker. That man has really stepped up this off season and you can tell he is in tune and in synch with Manning.

razorwire77
07-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm encouraged about what Brock is doing. All rookie QB's look lost at times. It seems to me that he has the physical tools and size to be very good. I was less than impressed with the initial draft pick, but now I am really excited to see what he does in the preseason. My guess is with Hanie and Weber pretty much sucking, we're going to see a whole lot of him during preseason.

Irish Stout
07-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I have a feeling he's going to be one of my favorite Broncos for years to come.

It seems so long, since we've had a RB that I've really loved. Willis is great, but lord know how long he's really got left.

I love good RB play, just like good QB play, good imposing MLB and Safety play. Should be fun to watch this guy play.

Exciting times, indeed :thumbsup:

Willis absolutely stood head and shoulders above the other RBs on Saturday in being able to read which hole was designed to be opened, hitting it and bursting through it with tremendous speed. He and Hillman clearly are safe. It will be interesting to see what happens with Knowshon, who was wearing a brace, but looking decent. Lance Ball continues to be Lance Ball and Mario Fanin was just so-so. The only other RB who stood out to me as a surprise in a good way was Xavier Omon. I though he made a few really good reads, good cuts and had good vision in being able to evade the early tackle.

Marshall Dumervil
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM

I credit it to Snoop Dogg's coaching. :egbgb:

driver
07-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Willis absolutely stood head and shoulders above the other RBs on Saturday in being able to read which hole was designed to be opened, hitting it and bursting through it with tremendous speed. He and Hillman clearly are safe. It will be interesting to see what happens with Knowshon, who was wearing a brace, but looking decent. Lance Ball continues to be Lance Ball and Mario Fanin was just so-so. The only other RB who stood out to me as a surprise in a good way was Xavier Omon. I though he made a few really good reads, good cuts and had good vision in being able to evade the early tackle.

Not the fastest back but he can run w/power between the tackles. Maybe him who puts Knoshow, ball, and fannin on the bench, if not the waiver wire.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I credit it to Snoop Dogg's coaching. :egbgb:

Snooper Bowl MVP!

Play2win
07-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Great to hear. Willis is a real RB, true and true. First real RB we have had here in a while. I am very excited to see what Hillman can bring. It should tremendously fun to watch this offense this year!

BMarsh615
07-30-2012, 09:41 PM
OP updated.

BowlenBall
08-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Cecil's day 7 report now up....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&st=50&p=14589699&#entry14589699

broncowill
08-03-2012, 12:35 AM
How is Moore looking? I have noticed Rahim Moore's name in there on a lot of plays. Is he near all of these plays because he is getting better and diagnosing the play quicker or is he near them and just not making any plays.

cutthemdown
08-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Sounds like Caldwell has number 3 WR locked up. Sounds like our dline isn't going to be lacking depth this yr. Warren was a great pickup last yr but he tore a muscle. People sort of wrote him off because we have seen this before. We a DT, they get injured, they never play, they leave team. I really think Warren will be different, and he will anchor our interior defense this yr. With him and Vick coming back we add a lot to the mix, throw in a hungry first round pick and IMO the dline looking pretty damn good.

Drek
08-03-2012, 03:52 AM
Sounds like Caldwell has number 3 WR locked up. Sounds like our dline isn't going to be lacking depth this yr. Warren was a great pickup last yr but he tore a muscle. People sort of wrote him off because we have seen this before. We a DT, they get injured, they never play, they leave team. I really think Warren will be different, and he will anchor our interior defense this yr. With him and Vick coming back we add a lot to the mix, throw in a hungry first round pick and IMO the dline looking pretty damn good.

You could say the same thing about our DTs last year before Warren and Vickerson got hurt.

The big difference this year is that we'll likely see a healthy bit of tweeners on the second tier.

Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe look like DT first, DE second types who will probably make the roster. Robert Ayers is a DE first, DT second who can step in and play DT if we get hit hard by injuries.

I think the goal for the DL is to be more like the Giants where we don't have guys inked in at LDE, LDT, RDT, RDE and instead mix and match a lot of guys depending on situation.

elsid13
08-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Still think there is lack of depth at WR, LB and D-Line position. Hopefully we will be able to find some folks that are cut that make sense in this system.

cutthemdown
08-03-2012, 04:18 AM
You could say the same thing about our DTs last year before Warren and Vickerson got hurt.

The big difference this year is that we'll likely see a healthy bit of tweeners on the second tier.

Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe look like DT first, DE second types who will probably make the roster. Robert Ayers is a DE first, DT second who can step in and play DT if we get hit hard by injuries.

I think the goal for the DL is to be more like the Giants where we don't have guys inked in at LDE, LDT, RDT, RDE and instead mix and match a lot of guys depending on situation.

Really we could have 3 players contributing on the dline we didn't have last yr. One of those, Warren is a pro bowl type player when he gets going, and the other is a first round pick. Vickerson more a journeyman but he still is a decent player.

Thats going to help our defense a lot I think.

TonyR
08-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe look like DT first, DE second types who will probably make the roster.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you here, there's no probably about Derek Wolfe making the roster.

TheChamp24
08-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Still think there is lack of depth at WR, LB and D-Line position. Hopefully we will be able to find some folks that are cut that make sense in this system.

I don't get why people think we have a lack of depth at WR.
Thomas and Decker both have the skills/talent to be a solid 1-2 combo.
Caldwell is a solid option at #3, Stokley is a solid #4 guy, then Willis isn't a bad #5.
Throw in a vet/okay guy in Jason Hill, what, do people think we need 4 Pro Bowl caliber guys?

elsid13
08-03-2012, 06:12 AM
I don't get why people think we have a lack of depth at WR.
Thomas and Decker both have the skills/talent to be a solid 1-2 combo.
Caldwell is a solid option at #3, Stokley is a solid #4 guy, then Willis isn't a bad #5.
Throw in a vet/okay guy in Jason Hill, what, do people think we need 4 Pro Bowl caliber guys?

Because both Thomas and Decker have history of injuries and Stockley has been out of the game for year and is on decline. That leave 3 guys haven't proven they can start in the league or flashed anything. If Jacksonville cuts Mike Thomas (as rumored by PFT) then I would love to bring him in to play the Slot/spot onside starter and ST. So we have 2 WRs that have potential to be solid starting WRs in the NFL and other guys.

BMarsh615
08-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Newest TC report posted.

Dos Rios
08-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks BMarsh for keeping up with these.

Some notes that caught my eye from the one on one drills:

- Ryan Clady pushed Elvis Dumervil to the ground in a display of raw power. It seems like ever since contract talks have been shelved Clady is playing at an elite level. Clady has owned Dumervil every day in practice.

- Orlando Franklin won in a strength vs strength matchup against Ty Warren. [Glad no Japanese cities were flattened here]

- Robert Ayers played fired up and pushed Chris Clark over onto his back.

pricejj
08-07-2012, 07:36 AM
- Orlando Franklin won in a strength vs strength matchup against Ty Warren. [Glad no Japanese cities were flattened here]

RG is Orlando Franklin's natural position in the NFL. RG is Power Guard. Hope he stays there today. Kuper has been getting a little work in at Center, and has called the OL blocking assignments the past couple years. Highly interested in the OL alignment during today's practice...

The Joker
08-07-2012, 07:45 AM
I don't think we'll move Franklin to Guard, though it very well may be his best position.

Maybe next year if we bring in a good OT in FA or spend a high draft selection on the spot, but for now moving Franklin just leaves too big a question mark at RT.

With Manning in there as QB, I'd rather be weak at one of the guard spots than at RT.

baja
08-07-2012, 08:29 AM
day 12

Joe Mays showing up in run defense (no surprise) and continues to make plays in coverage. Was able to blanket Joel Dreesen in the red zone so much so that even Manning couldn’t get the pass in. I’ve been thoroughly impressed by Mays this offseason and at training camp. We all knew he was shot out of a cannon against the run, but now is playing like a more complete Linebacker.

Agamemnon
08-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Joe Mays showing up in run defense (no surprise) and continues to make plays in coverage. Was able to blanket Joel Dreesen in the red zone so much so that even Manning couldn’t get the pass in. I’ve been thoroughly impressed by Mays this offseason and at training camp. We all knew he was shot out of a cannon against the run, but now is playing like a more complete Linebacker.

I'll believe it when I see it...

Rabb
08-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Mays working out like the reports claim is fantastic news if it continues

Rabb
08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll believe it when I see it...

you are just such a breath of fresh air around here

Agamemnon
08-07-2012, 08:46 AM
you are just such a breath of fresh air around here

Every offseason is full of this kind of fluff reporting that gets peoples' hopes up, and then the crappy players look the same as ever and those hopes are dashed. Sorry for learning from past experiences, but feel free to believe whatever feel good reporting seeps out of Dove Valley if you like. It's a free country as they say...

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
What a suprise the Clady is playing like a beast now that he's playing for the next contract. I really do not like players who pull this crap. I understand it's a business but to only be at your absolute best when you are playing for the next contract tells me that this player does not bring it on every snap, nor in every game.

So basically, he just plays really good when he wants to, the rest of the time he's just doing "good enough" to not lose his job.

2KBack
08-07-2012, 10:02 AM
What a suprise the Clady is playing like a beast now that he's playing for the next contract. I really do not like players who pull this crap. I understand it's a business but to only be at your absolute best when you are playing for the next contract tells me that this player does not bring it on every snap, nor in every game.

So basically, he just plays really good when he wants to, the rest of the time he's just doing "good enough" to not lose his job.

Didn't he just sign his contract? If so, then he is doing the preferable things and rewarding Denver for that contract instead of cruising for the next 5 years.

It's the people that only play up until they sign the contract (Haynesworth) that suck

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Didn't he just sign his contract? If so, then he is doing the preferable things and rewarding Denver for that contract instead of cruising for the next 5 years.

It's the people that only play up until they sign the contract (Haynesworth) that suck

No, they ended contract talks.

2KBack
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
No, they ended contract talks.

Ah....no problem..I can spin that.

Now he is doing what he should have been the whole time...earning it:strong:

baja
08-07-2012, 10:21 AM

I DON'T THINK THAT IS THE CASE WITH CLADY.

He was stuck protecting TT and before that there was the injury. I think it is more of a case where he is just rounding into pre injury form.

We should have paid him the little more he wanted guaranteed.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I DON'T THINK THAT IS THE CASE WITH CLADY.

He was stuck protecting TT and before that there was the injury. I think it is more of a case where he is just rounding into pre injury form.

We should have paid him the little more he wanted guaranteed.

We'll just agree to disagree. Clady has had more than enough time to fully heal from his knee surgery, in fact, that should not even be brought up as an issue.

Outside of getting injured, he's gonna have a great year, for two reasons: 1. he wants the big fat huge contract and 2. Manning will make him look better.

There is no other explination as to why he and his agent ended contract talks other than they are banking on this. Now if Clady gets injured, its a gamble that he is going to lose. However, if he plays the entire season I'm betting he will want to be the highest paid LT in the game and the Broncos will pretty much have to pay him because of Manning.

baja
08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
We'll just agree to disagree. Clady has had more than enough time to fully heal from his knee surgery, in fact, that should not even be brought up as an issue.

Outside of getting injured, he's gonna have a great year, for two reasons: 1. he wants the big fat huge contract and 2. Manning will make him look better.

There is no other explination as to why he and his agent ended contract talks other than they are banking on this. Now if Clady gets injured, its a gamble that he is going to lose. However, if he plays the entire season I'm betting he will want to be the highest paid LT in the game and the Broncos will pretty much have to pay him because of Manning.

So according to you if the Broncos had given him an extension he would not be playing as well as he is now because he had his payday. You do know it's early training camp, right?

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 11:17 AM
So according to you if the Broncos had given him an extension he would not be playing as well as he is now because he had his payday. You do know it's early training camp, right?

I'm going off of Lammey's comments, did you not read them? Lammey says that Clady has been playing inspired football ever since his contract negotiations ended.

Hmmm... why wasn't he playing like this DURING his contract talks? Why has he been a very mediocre, and arguably, subpar LT for the last few years? Is it all because of Orton and Tebow? I'm sure that has something to do with it but really? He goes from being an all-pro to a subpar LT and then all of a sudden in his contract year he goes back to being an all-pro. Sure Manning helps but it's still at the very least unsettling.

Anyhow, the Broncos need him and I'm looking forward to this coming season.

mkporter
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm going off of Lammey's comments, did you not read them? Lammey says that Clady has been playing inspired football ever since his contract negotiations ended.

Hmmm... why wasn't he playing like this DURING his contract talks? Why has he been a very mediocre, and arguably, subpar LT for the last few years? Is it all because of Orton and Tebow? I'm sure that has something to do with it but really? He goes from being an all-pro to a subpar LT and then all of a sudden in his contract year he goes back to being an all-pro. Sure Manning helps but it's still at the very least unsettling.

Anyhow, the Broncos need him and I'm looking forward to this coming season.

More likely, Lammey's got a case of confirmation bias: "Contract talks just ended with Clady. I bet he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. OMG, Clady did something good. He's playing with a chip on his shoulder because his contract talks ended."

Ziggy
08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Clady said in an interview last week that he came back from injury too early and wasn't fully recovered. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt on that one since he's never missed a start.

I'm not surprised that Joe Mays is looking good in camp. His problem isn't with atheletic ability, it's with his processing speed. Most everything run at camp is run at 3/4 speed or less. He looked great last season in camp as well. I'll start paying attention to reports of him doing well when the Broncos are playing at full speed in the preseason and regular season.

BMarsh615
08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Day 13 (http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=647898&view=findpost&p=14614276)

Ronnie Hillman – was padded up and back at practice today after missing time with that hamstring injury. Didn’t have a hitch in his step and showed good acceleration in drills. Coach Studesville was really working with him on leg drive when pushing the sled. He can pop that tackling sled almost as hard as FB Chris Gronkowski. Didn’t see much team drill work and most I talked to felt he won’t play on Thursday night.

LRtagger
08-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Cameron Kenney – This kid can make some crazy catches. His body control is elite, but his hands and concentration are hit and miss. It seems like he’s a bad ball receiver. Meaning he needs a high degree of difficulty catch to make the play. When he has to go after it he can make circus catches seem routine. However, when it’s right on the numbers he’ll drop too many. He’s unlikely to make the team, but damn is he fun to watch.

Sounds like Brandon Lloyd Jr

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2012, 07:49 AM
More likely, Lammey's got a case of confirmation bias: "Contract talks just ended with Clady. I bet he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. OMG, Clady did something good. He's playing with a chip on his shoulder because his contract talks ended."

point taken