PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp 7/27/2012

kupesdad
07-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Ok Khan I gave you the benefit of the doubt with your total lack-o-information with regard to how Chris looked on the field yestwerday. But if I have to get today's report from his mother who not only has gotten to hang out at the "Ponderosa" with our grandkids for the last 10 days I may have to harm myself. She has a lot of general knowledge about the game but not to the degree I would like to get. "He looks really good" only tells so much. God Bless her for being married to an idiot like me for 30 years and her redeeming qualities are to the 10th power more than mine except for her taste in men. You are on notice... see you for the Pittsburgh game

p7superfly
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
KUPE'S DAD!

Problem for Khan is the practices are closed to the public most of the time.

Unless Khan has press passes? That would be sweet.

Houshyamama
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Love threads like this.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Kinda off topic but it was inspiring to see Chris at the hospital with the victims of the shooting. The team needs leaders like that.

Sure hope he has no set backs and is 100%.

ghwk
07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Ok Khan I gave you the benefit of the doubt with your total lack-o-information with regard to how Chris looked on the field yestwerday. But if I have to get today's report from his mother who not only has gotten to hang out at the "Ponderosa" with our grandkids for the last 10 days I may have to harm myself. She has a lot of general knowledge about the game but not to the degree I would like to get. "He looks really good" only tells so much. God Bless her for being married to an idiot like me for 30 years and her redeeming qualities are to the 10th power more than mine except for her taste in men. You are on notice... see you for the Pittsburgh game

Do we need to take up a collection to get YOU there and providing reports? Count me in for a fiddy! :wave:

Smilin Assassin
07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I'll update today's camp all the way from PA.

bowtown
07-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll update today's camp all the way from PA.

That would be Tebow's dad coming to return his son's playbook.

orangeatheist
07-27-2012, 01:55 PM
That would be Tebow's dad coming to return his son's playbook.

Ha ha ha ha ha! I see what you did there! ;) :giggle: ^5

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Look Dave, I know you love your son almost as much as I do. But even I can't pretend what they were doing yesterday in any way gave me ANY idea if he was doing ok. They they had no pads and were doing largely install and passing drills. Kupe was moving around ok, but you know as well as I do he would fight through a limp just to get through it. So I honestly have no freaking idea how he's doing. And since I decided to have child just on the off chance my kid and your grandkid might be friends, I will not be able to go to the padded practice this Saturday. I will say I am working on getting to another practice and will hope to go to the next padded practice I can, but until then, you're just gonna have to deal with your wife's motherly nebulous comments until I see something more substantial. Capisce?

theAPAOps5
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Look Dave, I know you love your son almost as much as I do. But even I can't pretend what they were doing yesterday in any way gave me ANY idea if he was doing ok. They they had no pads and were doing largely install and passing drills. Kupe was moving around ok, but you know as well as I do he would fight through a limp just to get through it. So I honestly have no freaking idea how he's doing. And since I decided to have child just on the off chance my kid and your grandkid might be friends, I will not be able to go to the padded practice this Saturday. I will say I am working on getting to another practice and will hope to go to the next padded practice I can, but until then, you're just gonna have to deal with your wife's motherly nebulous comments until I see something more substantial. Capisce?

Probably THE greatest line you have ever written. I am being looked at funny by coworkers I snorted so loud.

Swedish Extrovert
07-27-2012, 02:36 PM

If it's any consolation, I went last year and in my report I said that Chris was clearly the best o-lineman in camp :D

Swedish Extrovert
07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
This thread is funny.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 02:51 PM

This is something I might send to Gene Kranz's dad if he were still alive.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Is Chris Kuper in the Council Of Chris?

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-27-2012, 02:53 PM
+1 for this dam funny thread.

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM

His name is Chris, so duh!

Taco John
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I always love the fresh energy injected into this place when the long summer is over and training camp starts...

Play2win
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Oh ****!! Hilarious!

kupesdad
07-27-2012, 03:34 PM

First of all don't you ever use logic to convince me of anything. I told you I have been MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMAN for 30 years so logic has no place in my life. And then the thought of you SPAWNING just really f$%#*d up my weekend. At least your children will have a 50% chance of being productive citizens because of your sainted wife's genes (jeans?). Anyway have a great weekend and tell my son hello....:kiss:

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
First of all don't you ever use logic to convince me of anything. I told you I have been MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMAN for 30 years so logic has no place in my life. And then the thought of you SPAWNING just really f$%#*d up my weekend. At least your children will have a 50% chance of being productive citizens because of your sainted wife's genes (jeans?). Anyway have a great weekend and tell my son hello....:kiss:

I will. And my wife has some hot jeans.:)

ghwk
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
ok now that we have all kissed and made up can we actually get back to anything resembling the subject of this thread??? I need me some updates!!!

Anyone?

Anyone?

*WARHORSE*
07-27-2012, 04:41 PM

I will. And my wife has some hot jeans.:)

Man I love it when cowboys kiss. :blowhorn:

OBF1
07-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Instant classic, I will re-read this over and over again.

Brokeback mane.... I like

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM

I can't tell where the comedy ends and the truth begins....

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 06:18 PM
His name is Chris, so duh!

Don't make the Army of Kevin's laugh at you again!

crush17
07-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Excellent.

gyldenlove
07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Don't make the Army of Kevin's laugh at you again!

Is that army as gay as it sounds?

BlueCrusher
07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/training-camp-2012-day-two/

Well, they mention Kupe at least...

RaiderH8r
07-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Man I love it when cowboys kiss. :blowhorn:

http://imghumour.com/image/embed/1226/bite-the-pillow-im-going-in-dry (http://imghumour.com/categories/star-wars/view/bite-the-pillow-im-going-in-dry)

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 07:58 PM
lol That's hilarious.

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Is that army as gay as it sounds?

Not as gay as the Council of Chris......that's hella gay.

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Not as gay as the Council of Chris......that's hella gay.

...says the guy who says "hella gay"...

And honestly, the army of Kevin's? What, are you gonna have Kevin Smith eat us?

RaiderH8r
07-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Kevin Smith is already committed to The Fat and the Furious so he's out.

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 08:14 PM

He's large and in charge...

theAPAOps5
07-27-2012, 08:18 PM

HA you beat me to it. Who says hella anymore. That was so 2002

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
HA you beat me to it. Who says hella anymore. That was so 2002

You guys missed the irony.....that I have to explain it is sad.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
You guys missed the irony.....that I have to explain it is sad.

Yeah right, the irony. Thats what it is.....

rideco
07-27-2012, 09:12 PM
gary miller ‏@thegarymiller

Chris Kuper on his gruesome injury ....
Details on CBS4 Sports around 10:23.

Chris
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
The army of kevins

http://www.free-press-release.com/members/members_pic/200905/img/1241521735.png

cutthemdown
07-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Kuper didn't seem as mean to me last yr. Like getting married made him all happy inside. His mommie, daddy, and even Kaylore love him, add in a new loving wife and his legs got a little weak, he got hurt.

Now he will get mad again and has Manning to motivate him. He will kick ass.

The system been so juggled around lately hard to really know how everyone is playing IMO. The running game was weird last yr but this yr will be more traditional. Hopefully we see our guards getting to the 2nd level and getting hats on smaller defenders. When you get that and your WR's blocking even a slower RB like Mcgahee can make big plays.

Ray Finkle
07-28-2012, 03:26 AM
The army of kevins

Boo!

Lycan
07-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Other people say they come to the mane for the normal TC threads, for the latest info on the Broncos happenings. News can be found at any number of sites though.

Threads like this are why I come to the Mane.

This place is weird.

cutthemdown
07-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Other people say they come to the mane for the normal TC threads, for the latest info on the Broncos happenings. News can be found at any number of sites though.

Threads like this are why I come to the Mane.

This place is weird.

Cults only seem weird until you join.

Prodigal19
07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Kuper didn't seem as mean to me last yr. Like getting married made him all happy inside. His mommie, daddy, and even Kaylore love him, add in a new loving wife and his legs got a little weak, he got hurt.

Now he will get mad again and has Manning to motivate him. He will kick ass.

The system been so juggled around lately hard to really know how everyone is playing IMO. The running game was weird last yr but this yr will be more traditional. Hopefully we see our guards getting to the 2nd level and getting hats on smaller defenders. When you get that and your WR's blocking even a slower RB like Mcgahee can make big plays.
Yeah, Im sure that if only his ankle was a little stronger it would have been able to sustain a 330 lb lineman rolling up on it from the behind.

Vegas_Bronco
07-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Last years offense was like a choir wout a director...im really suprised we didnt have more injuries along the oline. Kupesdad says after 30yrs you lose touch with reality...so does thar begin right after marrige with compounded gains each year or do you just wake up one day and start screaming at a tee ball umpire for unimaginable reasons?

ghwk
07-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, Im sure that if only his ankle was a little stronger it would have been able to sustain a 330 lb lineman rolling up on it from the behind.

Well yeah, that IS the definition of weak ankles. It's why he had to give up his dream of being a figure skater and go into football instead. ROFL!

ghwk
07-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Last years offense was like a choir wout a director...im really suprised we didnt have more injuries along the oline. Kupesdad says after 30yrs you lose touch with reality...so does thar begin right after marrige with compounded gains each year or do you just wake up one day and start screaming at a tee ball umpire for unimaginable reasons?

For me it was screaming at the tee ball umpire......

Miss I.
07-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't know why you guys are bagging on guys named Kevin....there is at least one Kevin that everyone loves.....

Bacon...Kevin, Bacon...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4593366_460s.jpg

errand
07-29-2012, 09:40 AM
... or do you just wake up one day and start screaming at a tee ball umpire for unimaginable reasons?

Well it begins with today's parents thinking that their kid is gonna be the next ________ (fill in the name of whatever athlete or celebrity you want)