PDA

View Full Version : Panthers WR Steve Smith pledges $100,000 to Aurora victims

bronco militia
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Panthers WR Steve Smith pledges $100,000 to Aurora shooting victims

By Lindsay Jones The Denver Post Comments (4)
Print
Email
ShareTopics
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith is making a major financial contribution to help victims of the Aurora movie theater shootings.

Smith, a 12-year veteran and five-time Pro Bowler who has spent his entire career in (North Carolina), has pledged $100,000 to help survivors of the shooting pay for medical expenses. According to a press release issued by TK, Smith will send the money to the City of Aurora, which will then distribute the money to victims.

“From one NFL city to another, God bless,” Smith said in a statement released by his agent.

Twelve people were killed and 58 more injured in the shooting early Friday morning during a midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises.”

“As a father and husband I cannot imagine the pain and suffering the victims are going through,” Smith said in the statement. “My family’s hearts and prayers are extended to theirs, and I hope this contribution might assist in paying some of the medical bills that will help allow these families to move forward in this tragic circumstance.”

The Broncos play Smith and the Panther in Charlotte on Nov. 11

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/07/26/panthers-wr-steve-smith-pledges-10000-aurora-shooting-victims/14459/

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks Steve for looking after our folks.

ludo21
07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
very cool

razorwire77
07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Always admired Steve Smith's intensity and passion on the field. It's nice to know he's a stand up guy off the field as well.

UberBroncoMan
07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I still don't know why there hasn't been a ****ing fundraiser in Hollywood for these people. They could easily raise a few million to help all the victims medical costs. If there has it's news to me.

RhymesayersDU
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
The film studio donated a bunch already. Was on the news.

broncocalijohn
07-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Pretty awesome of Smith to do this when he has no connection to Aurora.

To keep this in football talk, Brodie Croyle announced he will give $100k for every NFL win he has ever got. Chargers, not wanting to be outdone, is giving $500k for every Super Bowl trophy they have ever received. Raiders were going to donate $100k but that money is earmarked for their "Weekend Furlough Raiders Game package" during their home dates.

Marshall Dumervil
07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
The film studio donated a bunch already. Was on the news.

Great move by Steve.

How much? Everything I saw said "generous", never a number.

Ironlung
07-26-2012, 04:11 PM
I've always thought of this guy as a douche. Even more so after the endzone incident against the Sainst...Great football player, no doubt.

This gesture totally redeems himself in my eyes. Kudos Mr. Smith.

cutthemdown
07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I've always thought of this guy as a douche. Even more so after the endzone incident against the Sainst...Great football player, no doubt.

This gesture totally redeems himself in my eyes. Kudos Mr. Smith.

Not surprising really. Smith a guy who reacts with emotion to stressful situations. He could punch you in the nose, but also when moved the other way reach out with the other thing he has, money. Sometimes I have realized people who can be mean, can also be really generous and nice sometimes. While other people who would never punch you in the face, will also not give you 100 grand.

I agree he gets some major points for this.

Also though i heard hospitals not charging for medical care, so maybe this 100 grand can go to PT and recovery.

Broncos_OTM
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
simply amazing. that's the way to put up or **** up...I'm looking at you NFL, ESPN. maybe I was wrong about smith.classy guy? with a intensity on the field?

errand
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Christian Bale visited the wounded in the hospital on his own as well...it's moments like this, when people give out of the kindness of their hearts that tell me I'm living in the greatest country in the world

KipCorrington25
07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I never really liked him because he played at Utah but I'll change my opinion now.

oubronco
07-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Awesome gesture

bronco militia
10-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Ha!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O3BfM4etR50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Garcia Bronco
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
I was down in Arapahoe for Jury duty yesterday. Was terrified that this was the case I would get assigned to.

gunns
10-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I never really liked him because he played at Utah but I'll change my opinion now.

Maybe being at Utah is what helped develop his giving nature considering Utah is the most giving state in the nation, you JACKASS! At least he didn't play at BYU.

I kid, you have a right to your wrong opinion. Smith also gave $250,000 to the U of U to endow a scholarship for a football player.

Inkana7
10-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Steve Smith is awesome and always has been.

bronco militia
10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Maybe being at Utah is what helped develop his giving nature considering Utah is the most giving state in the nation, you JACKASS! At least he didn't play at BYU.

I kid, you have a right to your wrong opinion. Smith also gave $250,000 to the U of U to endow a scholarship for a football player.

huh......I've been told be several broncos fans that Utes fans are Satan worshipers...Ha!

Maleficent
10-01-2014, 01:02 PM
That's awesome!

Meck77
10-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I was down in Arapahoe for Jury duty yesterday. Was terrified that this was the case I would get assigned to.

you are on the jury? If so don't you need to be tossed now? I thought jury people could not discuss these types of things at all?

If you are on it burn the POS at the stake.

gunns
10-01-2014, 01:43 PM
huh......I've been told be several broncos fans that Utes fans are Satan worshipers...Ha!

Must be those damn BYU fans (Kaylore, Dom). Evil people, I tell ya.

Requiem
10-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Wish is was a Bronco. Thank you, Steve Smith.

Garcia Bronco
10-01-2014, 06:18 PM
you are on the jury? If so don't you need to be tossed now? I thought jury people could not discuss these types of things at all?

If you are on it burn the POS at the stake.

Noooo I was assigned to another case. I was thinking, while I was there, that it could be that case. That trial doesn t start until October 14th. So my worries were pointless. And you are correct, I would not tell ypu until the trial was over. Further, my personal experiences wpuld prohibit me from being a fair juror for Mr Holmes.

Kaylore
10-01-2014, 06:33 PM

They are. Steve Smith beat his wife. Also Alex Smith is a dirty Chief.

It's also no coincidence they both wear Red.

Look at this:

http://collegehelmetstore.com/utahxphelmet.jpghttp://54.183.42.77/images/products/detail/rid1rfskcc.jpg

Common theme?

http://www.halloweenmart.com/core/media/media.nl/id.1058/c.801044/.f?h=e6aa723bf6926ab257a1

If you like the Utah Utards you are stupid and worship Satan. It's science.

Glad the Aurora victims are getting help, though seriously.

ShutDownPoster
10-01-2014, 07:13 PM
They are. Steve Smith beat his wife. Also Alex Smith is a dirty Chief.

It's also no coincidence they both wear Red.

Look at this:

http://collegehelmetstore.com/utahxphelmet.jpghttp://54.183.42.77/images/products/detail/rid1rfskcc.jpg

Common theme?

http://www.halloweenmart.com/core/media/media.nl/id.1058/c.801044/.f?h=e6aa723bf6926ab257a1
If you like the Utah Utards you are stupid and worship Satan. It's science.

Glad the Aurora victims are getting help, though seriously.

Ice up Khan ice up!

KipCorrington25
10-01-2014, 08:23 PM

I went to CSU and I naturally don't like Utah.

I don't really pick my sports affiliations based on per capita charitable contributions.