PDA

View Full Version : Khan's camp report 7/26

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone. Just back from the biggest camp I have ever seen in my many years of going. I got there about forty five minutes early and the line was to the parking lot looping around on itself once. I had to park pretty far away. Worried I wasn't going to get in, Socalorado urged me to imagine my spot. I envisioned a shady area under a tree near the end zone. Amazingly I was able to find such a spot when I get in, so thanks for the positive affirmations. So let's get this thing started.

Caveat: I didn't see everything and this was one practice of training camp. Do not come back and complain I promised Matt Willis was going to be a pro-bowler because he had a good day in camp.

There were no pads today, which kind of sucked. Some of the drills were half speed. That said, some of the linemen did some pretty decent hitting and a few drills and scrimmages were full speed, so there was a lot of fun.

QB's

Manning: He looks fantastic. I don't know what the complaints about him are or were, but his throws had zip, were on time and accurate. I counting three throws that were off. On was a little behind the receiver, one was an overthrow on an out to the running back, and the two others were a bit low. I should point out again I didn't see every throw. I just saw four bad ones. There were an exceptionally large number of incredible ones. He checks down quickly. He looks players off and makes throws with his peripheral vision. His favorite targets are Tamme and Decker. More on those later. He stays in his pocket and steps into the rush to plant and make the throw. Manning is as advertised, or many NOT as advertised since all I've heard is he's weak, rusty and one hit from being a headless corpse. It was so weird seeing him under center. He made some really great throws.

Caleb Hanie: The first thing I noticed was how small he is. He's listed as 6'2" but I felt that was generous. Hanie is pretty bad. His deep ball isn't accurate. He tends to float his passes to get them over the line of scrimmage and he makes weird reads. I will say he isn't ever behind his receivers. They are either on target or too high and in front. Overall, I was not impressed.

Brock Osweiler: Brock was the biggest surprise of camp for me. His size is immediately apparent. The next thing you notice is his freaky dexterity. Someone of his size shouldn't move so well. He is smooth. He has excellent feet and his release is effortless. He has the strongest arm of all four QB's. He really can put some heat on his throws. Most surprising, and more importantly, Osweiler is accurate. He made several throws that were on time and exactly where they needed to be. He still had rookie moments. There were a few times he didn't know what read to make and just took off running. One of his throws were almost intercepted had the receiver not broken it up. So he is raw. Having said that, he's about as good as Hanie is right now. That's not saying much, but for the first camp as a second round rookie, I was totally blown away.

Adam Weber: I would say he was the worst of the four, which was disappointing. I had thought he was one of the better throwers last camp, but he seemed to be having a hard time today. He had some picks, deflections and some bad reads.

WR's

Eric Decker: If you want to put money on DT or Decker having a better year, I would say Decker. His route running is looking really good. He beat Champ a few times and is already developing chemistry with Manning. He's a large receiver but plays like a small-to midsize one. They ran a lot of routs inside with him - more than I expected. I think he could develop into a decent slot receiver in addition to his outside game. He had some nice catches.

Demaryius Thomas: Thomas will make his money on the yards after catch this year. He is still working on the circus catch, so despite his size, I didn't see a lot of jump ball catches. What he is doing is a lot of quick strikes that he takes the distance. Dude has a second gear. I saw two quick catches, a slant and a curl that grabbed and then exploded after the catch that left the corner straggling. Other than those few throws, Decker and Caldwell seemed to get more balls from Manning, though.

Andre Caldwell: Andre seems to have also developed a chemistry with Manning. He made some nice deep catches and is one of the more polished receivers. He made one catch that really got the crowd going on a deep throw from Manning. I would say (again, after one camp) he and Decker are your X and Z.

Best of the rest: Willis had some really nice throws. I think Manning likes him to some measure but he rarely gets to work with the ones. Mark Dell had some really nice catches as well. Greg Orton had a nice deep catch on one play as well.

Ray Finkle
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
gutless drunk!

BroncoBen
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the report Kaylore.. good stuff as always.. :thumbs:

swaiy
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for this and that "headless corpse" comment literally had me laughing. Hahhhh I started laughing just typing it.

JJG
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
fantastic work! thanks Kayore

rideco
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the report..

SleepingTiger
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
awesome... thanks!

Binkythefrog
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Really appreciate these reports, better than anything I read anywhere else. Thanks!

enjolras
07-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I live for these yearly write-ups:) Thanks so much!

gunns
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Eric Decker: If you want to put money on DT or Decker having a better year, I would say Decker. His route running is looking really good. He beat Champ a few times and is already developing chemistry with Manning. He's a large receiver but plays like a small-to midsize one. They ran a lot of routs inside with him - more than I expected. I think he could develop into a decent slot receiver in addition to his outside game. He had some nice catches.

:egbgb:

SonOfLe-loLang
i dunno about decker. Pricejj told us he is **** because he wasn't getting separation in minicamp. He read about it on twitter!

phibacka31
As others have stated... Thank you!
I really do appreciate these reports!
REP

enjolras
Listening to the radio, basically everyone who has called in is just raving about Osweiller from this morning. Good for him..

ppablo
Awesome report! Thx

Tombstone RJ
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM
well you just made gunns day Kaylor...

MABroncoFan
07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Great report, thanks!

Does Colquitt have any competition?

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Word! Let's hope Hanie never sees the field. I'd much rather have Brock be the back up

Kaylore
DB's

Champ: Champ got a beat a few times today. I think he is starting to show his age a bit. They were all on somewhat easy stop-go stuff. Nothing deep down field. But his quicks are definitely showing their age. I will say he got beat on two seven yard catches from Manning to Decker, but recovered nicely and deflected one to Decker. He's still the best CB on the team, but as someone who's watched him since he got here, he ain't what he was.

Rahim Moore: Rahim is starting! This was really surprising. He actually looked like he was supposed to as well. He didn't get challenged a lot and while he swarmed on running plays, with contact minimal, it's curious to see if he's learned to tackle. But the staff likes him, for now.

Mike Adams: Mike looked pretty good. He really does a good job talking to the other defensive backs and making sure they're where they need to be. I think this, as much as his playing ability, is why he was signed. His coverage is "solid" but not perfect. I couldn't see his run defending ability, but like I said, he seems to be taking a leadership roll on the field which was encouraging since we lost Dawkins.

Drayton Florence and Tracy Porter: I have these two together because they played very similarly and they were the new free agent acquisitions. Each made some really nice plays in the passing game. I believe Porter got a pick on one play. The secondary was forcing a lot of dump off throws and keeping the ball from going down field. It was encouraging - even with Manning at the helm.

Chris Harris: Chris was active today. He looks like he's been working on using his hands since last I saw him in camp. He made some break ups which was nice to see.

I would say where we used to have one awesome corner and then garbage. Now we have four really good corners. I think that bodes well. Also, my favorite undrafted rookie safety Duke Ihenacho got a pick, so that was pretty cool. :)

Irish Stout
Thanks Kaylore.

Anyone else have problems on focusing on work during the first few Training Camp days?

SoCalBronco
07-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Khan....stud.

Taco John
07-26-2012, 12:47 PM
The preseason has officially started for me...

Thanks Khan!

Rohirrim
07-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Damn! I can almost smell the grass! !Booya!

Go, Khan!

BTW, notice if Syd'quan got any playing time?

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Others who stood out:

Jacob Tamme: This guy is probably who you want in fantasy (if you're basing this off one practice. lol) Tamme was Manning's go-to guy. In the individual drills, I didn't think he had the best hands. Julius Thomas appeared to. But against the defense with "live bullets", Tamme is the man. He gets open a lot, and the good coverage meant Manning was checking down quite a bit and that meant a lot of grabs for Tamme. Obviously the experience with Manning has helped him.

Ty Warren: Ty Warren honestly looked like a slightly faster Bunkley. He mostly was playing the run, but he was being disruptive. They were allowing some decent contact, especially at the end and Warren was closing his gab pretty well.

Ryan Harris: It was weird seeing him back on the Broncos. He actually held his own ok during the one-on-one drills. I'm curious what they plan to do with him.

Sealver Siliga: This is a large man and while he mostly played the second team, he was consistently disruptive in both the run and passing situations. I was thought he did a good job using his hands too. Everyone one he went against he could at least get them to move backwards.

Malik Jackson: He is very quick and very strong. I don't know why his draft status was what it was, but his speed and power stood out to me. I am curious how he does with the mental assignments, because he is very athletic.

CJ Davis: This dude got owned today. Every time I was watching one of the people above do something especially impressive, CJ was usually picking himself up off the turf. Bad day.

Wanted to see, but didn't get a chance to: Miller, Fanin, Stokley (was he even out there?), Julius Thomas, Derek Wolfe.

mwill07
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
threads like these are my favorite thing about the internet.

HooptyHoops
07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the write-up Kaylor.....we all appreciate it, immensely!

JLesSPE
07-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks Khan! This is one of my favorite days of the year. I've been refreshing the main page since 8:45...I'm sure my bandwidth usage at work will be monitored from now on.

oubronco
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks a million Kaylore! Keep em coming

jonny1
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

v2micca
07-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks a million Khan. Quick question about Ryan Harris. Does anyone know if he is still doing the Ramadan fasting thing. I'm hoping he has put it on hold. With all the stresses that kind of continued fasting puts on your body, I have long theorized it may have been related to his injury concerns.

socalorado
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
THANKS! Glad you got a sweet seat!

Drek
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Malik Jackson: He is very quick and very strong. I don't know why his draft status was what it was, but his speed and power stood out to me. I am curious how he does with the mental assignments, because he is very athletic.

How big does Jackson look and where were they playing him (DT or DE)?

In college he was a <270 pound DE but he was 290 at the combine and was viewed as a 'tweener.

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Listening to the radio, basically everyone who has called in is just raving about Osweiller from this morning. Good for him..

That's good to hear. I was very impressed. It's made me have even more respect for Elway as an executive.

Ziggy
07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the report Kahn. Is Nate Irving playing WLB, and is he getting any time with the 2nd team?

backup qb
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Awesome thanks.

BroncoMagic
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks

McDman
07-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Others who stood out:

Jacob Tamme: This guy is probably who you want in fantasy (if you're basing this off one practice. lol) Tamme was Manning's go-to guy. In the individual drills, I didn't think he had the best hands. Julius Thomas appeared to. But against the defense with "live bullets", Tamme is the man. He gets open a lot, and the good coverage meant Manning was checking down quite a bit and that meant a lot of grabs for Tamme. Obviously the experience with Manning has helped him.

Ty Warren: Ty Warren honestly looked like a slightly faster Bunkley. He mostly was playing the run, but he was being disruptive. They were allowing some decent contact, especially at the end and Warren was closing his gab pretty well.

Ryan Harris: It was weird seeing him back on the Broncos. He actually held his own ok during the one-on-one drills. I'm curious what they plan to do with him.

Sealver Siliga: This is a large man and while he mostly played the second team, he was consistently disruptive in both the run and passing situations. I was thought he did a good job using his hands too. Everyone one he went against he could at least get them to move backwards.

CJ Davis: This dude got owned today. Every time I was watching one of the people above do something especially impressive, CJ was usually picking himself up off the turf. Bad day.

Wanted to see, but didn't get a chance to: Miller, Fanin, Stokley (was he even out there?), Julius Thomas, Derek Wolfe.

As a UT alum I can tell you Jackson will handle the mental stuff fine. He is very smart and hard working. He just kind of has a weird size for.a D-lineman. He cam to play DE but we needed DTs. He didn't complain, just stepped up and was the best defender we had.

McDman
07-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Wonder why Moore got the nod over Carter? He played well last year.

ColoradoDarin
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks Khan! I've been telling my friends who play FF to grab Decker instead of DT if they want a Broncos WR.

Anyone else, after reading this, is now thinking what I am? "We're going to win the mother****ing Superbowl! And not only that, we're going to 3-peat"

Irish Stout
07-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks Khan! I've been telling my friends who play FF to grab Decker instead of DT if they want a Broncos WR.

Anyone else, after reading this, is now thinking what I am? "We're going to win the mother****ing Superbowl! And not only that, we're going to 3-peat"
I hope you knocked on the largest block of wood you could find after writing this. Love the enthusiasm, but its the first day of TC with a long brutal season ahead.

SoCalBronco
07-26-2012, 01:48 PM
No wonder Khan has at least 4 wives.....he's a ****ing stud!

Seriously, the Khan report is probably the best written material on the site each year. I remember when we had literally nothing of value from the papers at camp. Fat douches like Burger Bill would sit in white tents eating hamburgers and writing 3 or 4 useless anecdotes a day, which was supposed to pass as an article, somehow. The Khan report was like spring water in the Sahara. It's always a great day to read a Khan report! Thanks buddy.

BTW, maybe I missed it in your posts, but was Kuper out there participating in practice in any way? I know you talked about Harris some but not of Kuper. Hopefully his leg has healed.

Bronco Yoda
07-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Awesome!!!

Thanks khan!

I feel a funny tingly feeling down there...

broncosteven
07-26-2012, 02:04 PM
BTW, maybe I missed it in your posts, but was Kuper out there participating in practice in any way? I know you talked about Harris some but not of Kuper. Hopefully his leg has healed.

I don't think that was Kupers leg he was checking out!

LOL

R8R H8R
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Seriously, the Khan report is probably the best written material on the site each year. I remember when we had literally nothing of value from the papers at camp. Fat douches like Burger Bill would sit in white tents eating hamburgers and writing 3 or 4 useless anecdotes a day, which was supposed to pass as an article, somehow. The Khan report was like spring water in the Sahara. It's always a great day to read a Khan report! Thanks buddy.

This^. The camp reports from all, but especially Khan's, are probably the only recurring subject that I actually look forward to each year. Also, it is also about the only Broncos topics that do not incur the usual trolling and bickering that other on-topics seem to attract; very refreshing.

crowebomber
07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Khan's reports are a tradition. We should all pitch in every year so he can quit his job and just do reports, then take the rest of the year off to spend time with all his wives.

Retire #30!!!
07-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Kahn reports mean it's football season, :sunshine:

Miss I.
07-26-2012, 02:22 PM

I saw an article indicating Kuper and Noshow would practice in camp, but probably not this early.

And hey as for his leg, he could've been looking at one of this legs...just well, anyway...;D

plummerrox
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Great report....thanks! been looking forward to seeing it all day.

AND even better that it didn't end with "And then Manning's head fell off"

SoCalBronco
07-26-2012, 02:30 PM
I saw an article indicating Kuper and Noshow would be practice in camp, but probably not this early.

And hey as for his leg, he could've been looking at one of this legs...just well, anyway...;D

You're the second person so far that's mentioned Kuper's third leg.

Awesome. We're almost at the over/under and its only been a few pages. ROFL!

Miss I.
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
oh and here's a like to an article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21148244/broncos-ol-chris-kuper-practice-limited-training?source=rss

pricejj
07-26-2012, 02:38 PM
i dunno about decker. Pricejj told us he is **** because he wasn't getting separation in minicamp. He read about it on twitter!

You wish. I said, a lot of the Broncos success will depend if he can get open vs. the LCB. If he can, it is going to be very difficult to stop this offense.

gyldenlove
07-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Others who stood out:

Malik Jackson was undersized and didn't have a true position, he played DT and DE in different situations. Ultimately I think his true home is as the power end in a 43 front.

ColoradoBuff
07-26-2012, 02:40 PM
great job Khan

t-diddy
07-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Just seeing the thread "Khan's camp report" makes me warm and fuzzy all over... the sky gets a little more blue, the air smells a little fresher. Go Broncos. Lets get it on.

Heyneck
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I live for these yearly write-ups:) Thanks so much!

His and the others that go (went) to camp and do the write-ups are re reason I started lurking this place so many years ago!

razorwire77
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Great stuff as always Khan. Literally the best Bronco reports year after year every year. Thanks again!

Stuck in Cali
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
First training camp with you guys here. Great info Kaylore, thanks for taking the time to share. Do you go everyday?

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I may go to one other camp, but probably not. This will likely be my only chance to go.

Bigdawg26
07-26-2012, 03:12 PM
It's good to see Moore getting a start with the 1st team to get his confidence back.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
You wish. I said, a lot of the Broncos success will depend if he can get open vs. the LCB. If he can, it is going to be very difficult to stop this offense.

That isn't what you said at all. LOL

SoCalBronco
07-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I may go to one other camp, but probably not. This will likely be my only chance to go.

Boo!

:(

What about the weekends?

The Joker
07-26-2012, 03:17 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpeo3VAvdw

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Boo!

:(

What about the weekends?

I watch my daughter. She's seven months old and babies should not be at training camp. I'm of course speaking to the women who are carrying their screaming babies around confused why they aren't happy.

Bronco Yoda
07-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Khan's reports are a tradition. We should all pitch in every year so he can quit his job and just do reports, then take the rest of the year off to spend time with all his wives.

Khan's regular job is being a demigod on planet Kolob. He quits his job... we (he) stop populating the earth... so his job is with all his wives.

He materializes this time every year to see his celestial progeny play with pigskins while the rest sit around talking & reading about it.

DBroncos4life
07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I watch my daughter. She's seven months old and babies should not be at training camp. I'm of course speaking to the women who are carrying their screaming babies around confused why they aren't happy.

You know there is always one of them, so why shouldn't it just be you. ;D

Hulamau
07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I would say where we used to have one awesome corner and then garbage. Now we have four really good corners. I think that bodes well. Also, my favorite undrafted rookie safety Duke Ihenacho got a pick, so that was pretty cool. :)

Kudos once again Khan for another outstanding report! You're the best in the business ....

I've got my eye firmly on Ihenacho too and am hoping .. projecting a bit maybe... that by next year we can draft one more stud corner and that Bolden grows this year and next off-season into a decent interim Champ replacement at CB while the new stud young corner from the draft is finding his wheels. Then along with Porter, Drayton and Harris we should sustain a very solid CB pool while Champ moves to Free safety along with Adams, a much improved Rahim and Carter as well as Ihenacho rounding out an excellent bunch of safeties and insuring we don't miss a beat with an all around top tier DB squad for a long time to come.

I suspect, and trust, that our D backfield will remain a real strength of the team from this year onward for a quite a while, and with a little luck in landing one more top corner in the draft or FA next year, Champ can then slide to Safety for another 2 to 3 years of outstanding performance for the orange and blue.

Anyway, a nice thought :sunshine:

Hulamau
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear that , can we do a mass write-in petition to your boss for your paid leave of absence the next three weeks as a public service for a hungry Bronco nation?!

Houshyamama
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I love you Kaylore.

I don't want to say I told y'all. But I told y'all. Osweiller is going to be good.

Hulamau
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Osweiller certainly seems to have all the tools, plus a unique size-to-athleticism ratio along with a top-tier cannon of an arm, enough to become a great one. And best yet, he has the luxury of time to really learn from and fine-tune his whole shtick via two of the best QB's of all time ... Hard to argue with that formula!

He could turn out to make Elway into both a genius and a psychic for 'reaching' for this kid as so many claimed he did. But if he pans out, as is looking good so far, then taking him in the second was perfect insurance for bringing in Manning late in his career. When ever it ends from next year onward Osweiller may well be able to keep the train running for the next 15 years!

Time will tell, but I got a good feeling about this guy.

IHaveALight
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't care how conservative you are, Khan for president!

Hulamau
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM

....."

Shush ColoradoDarin!! don't spread the word just yet! Some of our FF teams haven't drafted yet, so no sense enlightening the unwashed masses who don't follow the Broncos religiously.

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Great... I'll be on a plane coming back from Florida when the Open Practice is on at the stadium. I was hoping to make that, oh well.

I've never been to the facility for training camp. Are there portapotties? Are there ever days when you can have cameras?

ColoradoDarin
07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I hope you knocked on the largest block of wood you could find after writing this. Love the enthusiasm, but its the first day of TC with a long brutal season ahead.

Eh, I always mark us down to finish 16-0.... hmmm maybe I *should* stop.

sinuous sausage
07-26-2012, 05:08 PM

something about Kuper's leg

FireFly
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much.

These reports have really been my favourite part of the internet for years!

chawknz
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Thrilled training camp is back and happy that your reports are too. Love reading them, so thank you.

Fantastic to hear about Osweiler. I know it's day 1 and all, but if this is our future QB, then I'm thrilled to hear this. Looking forward to seeing how his training camp progresses and watching the preseason games. I bet he's the #2 by the start of the regular season

Sucks to hear about Weber. Day one, yes, but I had some hope for this guy. Again we'll see.

PEYTON FREAKIN MANNING. That's all I'm going to say. :strong:

HorseHead
07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Love this time of the year! "KHAN!!!"

I gotta look into Siliga and see what's doin' there...

So psyched...

Agamemnon
07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Based on the reports I'm seeing I don't see why they wouldn't just go ahead and make Osweiler the backup. Hanie is garbage. At least Osweiler has potential.

cutthemdown
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Shush ColoradoDarin!! don't spread the word just yet! Some of our FF teams haven't drafted yet, so no sense enlightening the unwashed masses who don't follow the Broncos religiously.

You guys are crazy. Decker doesn't separate or have the RAC ability DT does.

DT is a top 20 wr fantasy this yr, maybe top 15. Decker more like top 30.

cousinal11
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
You guys are crazy. Decker doesn't separate or have the RAC ability DT does.

DT is a top 20 wr fantasy this yr, maybe top 15. Decker more like top 30.

I'd prefer Decker in a PPR league.

Houshyamama
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Based on the reports I'm seeing I don't see why they wouldn't just go ahead and make Osweiler the backup. Hanie is garbage. At least Osweiler has potential.

What other reports are you reading? I can't find anything else that's good.

underrated29
07-26-2012, 06:13 PM
What other reports are you reading? I can't find anything else that's good.

Idd take oz ahead of haine...i said so in my report i think too...its only one day though so things can change. People have bad days, off dayz.

24champ
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM
It's like Christmas!

Thanks Kahn!

Turd_Ferguson
07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm so jealous! I was supposed to be road tripping down to Denver for training camp with some buddies, but the plans fell apart... Guess I'll just read the Khan Report and watch the ESPN special...

TheNewDeal
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Khan!...Your reports are why I love this place..

Houshyamama
07-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Idd take oz ahead of haine...i said so in my report i think too...its only one day though so things can change. People have bad days, off dayz.

Thanks for your reporting man!

Kaylore
07-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I thought this was interesting. Read my review of Decker VS. Bailey. I posted that before this story came out on Bailey's opinion of Decker.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Notebook-First-Camp-for-Rookies-/ff0bc664-14bc-4405-bb7d-0c5881394cdd
Cornerback Champ Bailey matched up against wideouts Eric Deckerand Demaryius Thomas for portions of Thursday’s practice and came away impressed with the improvements made by the pair of third-year wideouts.
“[He looks] like a different person,” Bailey said of Decker. “He’s grown so much. He wants to learn. He wants to be the best. I love that about him. The guy is making tremendous strides and I expect him to get better and better every week.”
As for Thomas, Bailey praised his route-running progress.
“(Route-running) was the biggest thing for him because he’s a bigger guy,” Bailey said. “Bigger guys struggle running routes most of the time. He’s on top of it now. He looks like one of the best now because he’s running his routes as crisp as can be and he’s catching the ball.”

By the way, one thing Montrose pointed out that I agree on is the change in crowd this year. There were a lot of hardcore Broncos fans and transplant Colts fans. I think the crowd had a completely different energy than last years'. Last year had a lot more girls and Gator fans.

Agamemnon
07-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Hanie only has bad days.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-26-2012, 08:06 PM
As always. I bow before the superior intellect. Great report.

Orange_Beard
07-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you sir.

Chris
07-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone want to chain Khan to that tree so he can never leave? We'll bring him beans and a notepad... maybe spider can come take dictation and upload it from his phone...

schaaf
07-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Is Montrose going to be able to furnish my addiction for camp reports this year in Khans absence

Chris
07-26-2012, 08:50 PM
where is montrose montrose ghali anyway?

ronniehillman!
07-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Love the post! quick question; did you see ronnie hillman out there? and if you did how did he do?

underrated29
07-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Love the post! quick question; did you see ronnie hillman out there? and if you did how did he do?

IMO you did fine....there wasn't a lot of running to be had. You look a bit stiff in the hips on the bag drill. But you also had a nice little run or catch and run, couldn't tell, in the 11 on 11.

Once the pads are on we will know more. You caught the ball well and need to work on chipping the end when going out for your swing pass....Moreno and McGhee were real good about that- despite the fact there was no hitting.

Khan is the pro tho so we shall see what he saw

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-26-2012, 09:05 PM

I would prefer Hanie for game day backup and Oswieler if Manning is out for more than a week. I don't want to throw the rookie out there with no preparation. Hanie can step in day of the game no problem.

theAPAOps5
07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
where is montrose montrose ghali anyway?

Getting paid to provide camp reports. (I saw Kaylore posted his profession so assuming its ok).

BroncoBeavis
07-26-2012, 10:25 PM

Dude, one day of camp. At this stage of the game last year, people were talking about BQ looking like a #1.

It's all fine-grained salt until there's actual competition on the field. I was depressed to hear what Kahn had to say about Champ. But even there I tell myself... he'll shake some dust off once the competitive juices get flowing again.

It's fun to see them back on the field again (on espin anyway) but there are no conclusions worth having at this point.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Dude, one day of camp. At this stage of the game last year, people were talking about BQ looking like a #1.

It's all fine-grained salt until there's actual competition on the field. I was depressed to hear what Kahn had to say about Champ. But even there I tell myself... he'll shake some dust off once the competitive juices get flowing again.

It's fun to see them back on the field again (on espin anyway) but there are no conclusions worth having at this point.

This.

24champ
07-26-2012, 10:34 PM

Champ has started slow the last several camps, going back to Shanahan's last year with the org and when McD took over he didn't like the shape Champ was in for TC...like Kahn said, he's getting older.

He'll get into form soon, he always has.

Miss I.
07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone want to chain Khan to that tree so he can never leave? We'll bring him beans and a notepad... maybe spider can come take dictation and upload it from his phone...

this is an excellent idea, but just be gentle, Kaylore bruises like a peach. Also use a nice light colored chain so it doesn't get as hot, or you know maybe you could use the padded handcuffs with a chain hooked to them to give him more freedom of movement while keeping him firmly there. Just also we need to get some photos if possible so hopefullly Spider's phone can take pictures too.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
this is an excellent idea, but just be gentle, Kaylore bruises like a peach. Also use a nice light colored chain so it doesn't get as hot, or you know maybe you could use the padded handcuffs with a chain hooked to them to give him more freedom of movement while keeping him firmly there. Just also we need to get some photos if possible so hopefullly Spider's phone can take pictures too.

Somebody's been reading "50 Shades of Grey"! ;)

BroncoBeavis
07-27-2012, 12:01 AM

Spidey won't be interested in taking pictures until you add in a leash and leather-studded collar.

*WARHORSE*
07-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Gotta love Kaylores write ups. Bummer he has a life he has to live...... we shall starve.

Bob's your Information Minister
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Sounds like Dwayne Bowe is going to destroy Champ this year.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2012, 01:54 AM

How is he going to get the ball when Cassel is in the fetal position every down?

07-27-2012, 02:21 AM
How is he going to get the ball when Cassel is in the fetal position every down?

Did you guys find a defense or something?

Last I checked we added one of the best OTs in football.

cutthemdown
07-27-2012, 02:52 AM

You're an idiot if you think you can make predictions based on the first day of camp. Especially based on ready a 2nd had report. Why are you so stupid? Did you eat paint or something as a child?

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 06:16 AM

We don't play the Dolphins this year, so probably not.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Did you guys find a defense or something?

Last I checked we added one of the best OTs in football.

Yeah but what about the other 15 games? You annual KC Super Bowl of beating the Broncos at home isn't anything to hang your hat on.

Rabb
07-27-2012, 06:57 AM

Hilarious!

gyldenlove
07-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Just get him to sign a contract first.

DENVERDUI55
07-27-2012, 08:22 AM

For sure after a day of camp. It's kind of like when the reports from this hack of a wannabe beat writer were saying Croyle is definately the better QB and there is no way Huard will be the starter this year.

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 08:37 AM
For sure after a day of camp. It's kind of like when the reports from this hack of a wannabe beat writer were saying Croyle is definately the better QB and there is no way Huard will be the starter this year.

I remember Bob's first camp report

"The Corners are shutting everything down! The Receivers are scoring at will!"

ROFL!

BroncoBen
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Champ has started slow the last several camps, going back to Shanahan's last year with the org and when McD took over he didn't like the shape Champ was in for TC...like Kahn said, he's getting older.

He'll get into form soon, he always has.

Champ is no longer the player he was but he still is better than 90% of the cornerbacks in the league. Game day is when it counts so if Champ starts off slow in 'training camp' I am willing to give him a pass.

Agamemnon
07-27-2012, 08:54 AM

With Cassel throwing him the ball? Hilarious!

manchambo
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
gutless drunk!

Funny you should mention this. The wife and I went to Del Frisco's last Saturday. On the way out we saw Bowlen getting his Cayenne from valet. Looked to me like he was drunk off his ass, but I reserve the possibility that his staggering movements were the result of some age related problem.

24champ
07-27-2012, 10:11 AM

http://i.qkme.me/36evic.jpg

R-Mac
07-27-2012, 10:15 AM

First, he must report to training camp.

Heyneck
07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
You're an idiot if you think you can make predictions based on the first day of camp. Especially based on ready a 2nd had report. Why are you so stupid? Did you eat paint or something as a child?

Hahahaha... Bowe hasn't even reported to camp yet. That's just our regular Bobo talking out of his ass.

Chris
07-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Hahahaha... Bowe hasn't even reported to camp yet. That's just our regular Bobo talking out of his ass.

lo Bob

http://www.adweek.com/files/adfreak/6a00d8341c51c053ef0134881d04ff970c-450wi

Heyneck
07-27-2012, 10:42 AM
lo Bob

http://www.adweek.com/files/adfreak/6a00d8341c51c053ef0134881d04ff970c-450wi

LOL ROFL!

bronco militia
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Champ is no longer the player he was but he still is better than 90% of the cornerbacks in the league. Game day is when it counts so if Champ starts off slow in 'training camp' I am willing to give him a pass.

in shells in shorts and 1/2 speed drills, I certainly hope so ZZZ.....training camp is not what is used to be.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Getting paid to provide camp reports. (I saw Kaylore posted his profession so assuming its ok).

Let me make the point that the following is a joke:

Montrose finally gets to report that we have a QB that commands the huddle like Peyton Manning, and be right!

I am joking because I love me some Montrose.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought this was interesting. Read my review of Decker VS. Bailey. I posted that before this story came out on Bailey's opinion of Decker.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Notebook-First-Camp-for-Rookies-/ff0bc664-14bc-4405-bb7d-0c5881394cdd

By the way, one thing Montrose pointed out that I agree on is the change in crowd this year. There were a lot of hardcore Broncos fans and transplant Colts fans. I think the crowd had a completely different energy than last years'. Last year had a lot more girls and Gator fans.

BTW I hope Decker succeeds because I don't want to have to replace him on my Gene Kranz Birthday card.

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
BTW I hope Decker succeeds because I don't want to have to replace him on my Gene Kranz Birthday card.

Hilarious!

07-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Bowe will sign his tag, and be in great shape by November, when the Chiefs are out of the playoffs and all that's left is for us to ruin Denver's season.

And the centerpiece of that ruination will be Bowe going HAM on that old man Chump, picking up right where he left off last year. Sheeeeeeeeeit, Bowe had 93 yards on old man Chump in one half.

Steve Sewell
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Bowe will sign his tag, and be in great shape by November, when the Chiefs are out of the playoffs and all that's left is for us to ruin Denver's season.

And the centerpiece of that ruination will be Bowe going HAM on that old man Chump, picking up right where he left off last year. Sheeeeeeeeeit, Bowe had 93 yards on old man Chump in one half.

Cool story bro

underrated29
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM

So in two games against champ bowe has averaged 48 yards a game...WOW- talk about owning champ. Peyton manning will probably run for at leat 48 yards on you guys.

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 02:21 PM

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vR089vsDvOU/SotMT_RfcSI/AAAAAAAAATo/55M_0cIKWns/MattCassel1.jpg

"Did you hear that guys! Let's totally get those guoys! I've been rocking my Ace of Base CD all day and me and Bowe are gonna totally be awesome today!"

http://images.forbes.com/media/2010/12/10/1210_elvis-dumervil_390x220.jpg

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/768/930/129068302_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/matt-cassel.jpg

"I'll show them...set Hike!!!!"

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Denver+Broncos+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+aW8Lv4f6kC2l.j pg

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlZpnEuH4mZQzfl0fQYUVJs3ZN7ZD2W jP_gXvixiTKW1FsGU9V

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/matt-cassel-injury-update.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Matt+Cassel+Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Baltimore+UW5Fzbs _3c6l.jpg

http://thegallyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dbowe82.jpg

"They're putting in Brady Quinn, and cheering him! Get me out of here!!!"

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2011/07/broncos_vmiller_001.jpg

Rohirrim
07-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Nice montage, Kaylore. Ha!

I played the Godfather music to it.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 02:34 PM

The only way Bowe is going to ruin Denver's offseason hopes is if he fumbles an onside kick and allows some other AFC team to back into the playoffs.

broncosteven
07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vR089vsDvOU/SotMT_RfcSI/AAAAAAAAATo/55M_0cIKWns/MattCassel1.jpg

"Did you hear that guys! Let's totally get those guoys! I've been rocking my Ace of Base CD all day and me and Bowe are gonna totally be awesome today!"

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/768/930/129068302_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I prefer this sack of Cassell by Miller

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlZpnEuH4mZQzfl0fQYUVJs3ZN7ZD2W jP_gXvixiTKW1FsGU9V

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice montage, Kaylore. Ha!

I played the Godfather music to it.

LOL

Kaylore
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I prefer this sack of Cassell by Miller

Fixed.

pricejj
07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
That isn't what you said at all. LOL

Yes it is. Other than that I just gave updates from OTA's. I was harsh on him for his drops last year, but I fully realize how important he is to the Broncos. In fact, I have posted that on many occasions.

If he can consistently beat 1-on-1 coverage against the LCB, the Broncos won't be able to be stopped with '12' personnel (1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR) on the field. Sounds like he's making good progress.

24champ
07-27-2012, 06:27 PM

http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/matt-cassel.jpg

"I'll show them...set Hike!!!!"

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Denver+Broncos+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+aW8Lv4f6kC2l.j pg

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/matt-cassel-injury-update.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Matt+Cassel+Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Baltimore+UW5Fzbs _3c6l.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/oawspk.gif

Bmore Manning
07-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I heard Kuper was snapping the ball to Manning. While I don't think this is any indication of what's to come.. Think about a Powerful OLine of:

Clady LT, Blake LG, Kuper C, Franklin RG, Harris RT

Mix and match how you like, but that's a combo I like.

broncosteven
07-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I heard Kuper was snapping the ball to Manning. While I don't think this is any indication of what's to come.. Think about a Powerful OLine of:

Clady LT, Blake LG, Kuper C, Franklin RG, Harris RT

Mix and match how you like, but that's a combo I like.

It is nice to have such options along the OL.