PDA

View Full Version : Really Hot body, butter faced Olympian suspended from games

Bacchus
07-25-2012, 10:43 AM
For a racists tweet.

Papachristou, 23, made a racist and tasteless comment on her Twitter account, @papaxristoutj, that highlighted the number of African immigrants in Greece.

“With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,” Papachristou wrote. She also reposted a comment from controversial Greek politician Ilias Kasidiaris, who has strongly criticized his government’s “soft” immigration policy.

[ Talk back: What's your take on the Greek controversy? ]

The West Nile virus was first discovered in Uganda, but cases have recently been found during the European summer. Papachristou’s tweet was met with a flood of angry responses, but she didn’t respond until Wednesday, when it became clear she might lose her spot in the Olympics.

Wow, good looking but stupid.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/18.PoBx1H71IDRccQiYI8Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/07/25/AP123174312687-jpg_154124.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--greek-triple-jumper-removed-from-olympic-team-after-making-racist-comments-on-twitter.html

barryr
07-25-2012, 10:46 AM
If you do a search of her name, you will find some really nice pics of her.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-25-2012, 10:49 AM
If you do a search of her name, you will find some really nice pics of her.

How about the full pic up top. She looks to be ready for insertion. Seems yahoo cropped it but other sites have the full ass in the air pic

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
HOW MANY MORE INJUSTICES WILL MY PEOPLE HAVE TO ENDURE?

HELLAS

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
To suspend her from the games is a bit of an over reaction. We really live in a pussafied world.

HILife
07-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks pretty ugly to me. Don't care what the exterior looks like, still ugly.

EDIT: to ban her is a little excessive. It's not like she burning crosses on peoples lawns and handing out 50 lashes.

Pony Boy
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I say take her statue down and vacate any medals she has won ..............

Heyneck
07-25-2012, 12:12 PM
mehhh... what a butter face! Shows more teeth than Mr. Ed.. uhm... Mr. Elway I mean.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
those crazy greeks...

Smiling Assassin27
07-25-2012, 12:15 PM
How about the full pic up top. She looks to be ready for insertion. Seems yahoo cropped it but other sites have the full ass in the air pic

When in Greece...

Rabb
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
So she's ugly and a butterface...is that what we are going with?

Jesus Christ.

Requiem
07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Goodness we have some creepers in here.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Serves her right. I don't think her being suspended was excessive. Racism should never be accepted. She wasn't even going to respond to what she had done until the possibility of consequences became a reality? Sounds like she had no remorse or regrets about what she said and only tried to clean it up for herself. Not because it was wrong.

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Serves her right. I don't think her being suspended was excessive. Racism should never be accepted. She wasn't even going to respond to what she had done until the possibility of consequences became a reality? Sounds like she had no remorse or regrets about what she said and only tried to clean it up for herself. Not because it was wrong.

lolz

bronco militia
07-25-2012, 01:04 PM
really hot? well, she's not ugly

JLesSPE
07-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Eh, I think it's funny. It's funny whether she's talking about black Africans or white Africans. What if they were white south africans? This suddenly is no issue. That's because she's talking about a place of origin not a color of skin.

That being said, you can't say something like this while representing your country because of all the sensitive folk out there.

barryr
07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Goodness we have some creepers in here.

Says the guy who thinks Nancy Pelosi and Janet Reno are hot, so what do you know? :P

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
She didn't even say anything racist. Good grief. I am eeven less interested in the Olympics.

lonestar
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM

SO I guess the whole 1936 Olympics should be scrubbed from the record books and all those medals returned to the OC..

Or none of the Middle eastern Olympians that have ever uttered an epithet towards Israel should be allowed to go..

Hey FOLKS the olympics are all about inclusion.. making the world a better place via sports..

lonestar
07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Says the guy who thinks Nancy Pelosi and Janet Reno are hot, so what do you know? :P

a schumck is a schumck is a schumck..

barryr
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
SO I guess the whole 1936 Olympics should be scrubbed from the record books and all those medals returned to the OC..

Or none of the Middle eastern Olympians that have ever uttered an epithet towards Israel should be allowed to go..

Hey FOLKS the olympics are all about inclusion.. making the world a better place via sports..

True, I think a bunch of computer nerds spend their days searching the internet for anything they can claim is racism and to make sure we all stay chained to the PC tune.

lonestar
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
True, I think a bunch of computer nerds spend their days searching the internet for anything they can claim is racism and to make sure we all stay chained to the PC tune.

:thumbs:

swaiy
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM

It's not my job to educate you but I will say you have no place to be condescending towards anyone when you're constantly showing what a dumbass you are on these forums.

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
This is reverse racism against the Greeks.

Also: some dirty Turk hacked her account.

LET MY PEOPLE GO.

HELLAS.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 02:03 PM

I'm on this forum just like everybody else reading about the Denver Broncos. I responded to a thread on this forum and suddenly I'm a "computer nerd" spending time searching for anything I can claim racism. You're just as much as a dumbass as lonestar.

I don't have to look on the internet for anything racist when it's everywhere.

Must be nice to live life with all that privilege.

cutthemdown
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
What a joke.

cutthemdown
07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm on this forum just like everybody else reading about the Denver Broncos. I responded to a thread on this forum and suddenly I'm a "computer nerd" spending time searching for anything I can claim racism. You're just as much as a dumbass as lonestar.

It's been a huge 9-10 months for you on the board. We are all talking about how awesome you are at reading about the Denver Broncos.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
It's been a huge 9-10 months for you on the board. We are all talking about how awesome you are at reading about the Denver Broncos.

Okay, bud.

Jay3
07-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Over reaction.

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Okay, bud.

I'm not your bud, pal.

barryr
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM

Don't know you or really care, nor mentioned you by name for that matter. There are those that look for racism even when it doesn't exist and then will excuse blatant racism when it doesn't suit them politically. Whether you do that, I have no idea, but that's what happens and has been for decades.

Chris
07-25-2012, 02:56 PM
She's hot for a greek and by that I mean she doesn't have a moustache.

kidding don't throw goat cheese / spanikopitakia ninja stars at me.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not your bud, pal.

I'm not your pal, bro.

extralife
07-25-2012, 03:06 PM
seriously how many threads do we ****ing need along the lines of HEY HERE IS THIS CHICK I WOULD TOTALLY STICK MY COCK IN HER BECAUSE SHE IS A CHICK LOL DO U ALL AGREE TWEET BACK AT ME LOL

BroncoBeavis
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM
She's hot for a greek and by that I mean she doesn't have a moustache.

kidding don't throw goat cheese / spanikopitakia ninja stars at me.

Racist. Besides that pic's far too distant to safely make that determination.

HILife
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
She didn't even say anything racist. Good grief. I am eeven less interested in the Olympics.

Don't think it was overly racist, just ignorant, and in bad taste. It does give a small idea of the kind of person she is and how she views the world.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't think it was overly racist, just ignorant, and in bad taste. It does give a small idea of the kind of person she is and how she views the world.

lulz

and I'll throw in a herpy derp too.

HILife
07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
lulz

lulz

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not your pal, bro.

I'm not your bro, guy.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I actually kind of feel sorry for her now. Some people should just not have a twitter account... eh, no... most people should not have a twitter account. herpy derp!!

Archer81
07-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow. A young person says something dumb. Not shocking at all.

And it was not racist, just stupid.

:Broncos:

Requiem
07-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Swaiy has joined the anti-Lonestar and Barryr club. This month's membership up 43%.

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM

http://www.dyeremergency.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/excellent.jpg

Fresh naive butt hurt meat for the OM grinder.

Poor taste is the best way to describe the tweet. Young dumb ass is the best way to describe the author. Amused chuckle would have described my reaction.

barryr
07-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Swaiy has joined the anti-Lonestar and Barryr club. This month's membership up 43%.

Also, computer nerds tend to worry about making friends with anonymous people on the internet since they tend to have none personally :giggle:

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:25 PM
It's not my job to educate you but I will say you have no place to be condescending towards anyone when you're constantly showing what a dumbass you are on these forums.

never asked for an education from you.. Just asking you as question about your dumbass comment..

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Okay, bud.

yep your 147 posts have been eye opening.. can hardly wait for another one.. will that be in august?

rideco
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.protias.com/Pictures/I%27d%20Hit%20It/clinton%20hit%20it.jpg

swaiy
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
never asked for an education from you.. Just asking you as question about your dumbass comment..

We can go back and forth buddy. I'm sure with your post count the evidence is insurmountable in terms of showing what a complete moron you are. It doesn't surprise me someone so arrogant and condescending for no reason other than internet anonymity is from Texas. No matter what you say or call me, it doesn't change the fact that you are a dumbass lol.

Some white cowboy trying to tell someone of color about how they should perceive racism. That's rich. Real rich. Please, show me more. I enjoy laughing at you.

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Just wonder IF in the translation from her natural language if something was mistranslated..

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Also, computer nerds tend to worry about making friends with anonymous people on the internet since they tend to have none personally :giggle:

:thumbs:

he is not worth a the pimple on your ass to respond to all you do is make him feel validated..

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 04:37 PM
We can go back and forth buddy. I'm sure with your post count the evidence is insurmountable in terms of showing what a complete moron you are. It doesn't surprise me someone so arrogant and condescending for no reason other than internet anonymity is from Texas. No matter what you say or call me, it doesn't change the fact that you are a dumbass lol.

Some white cowboy trying to tell someone of color about how they should perceive racism. That's rich. Real rich. Please, show me more. I enjoy laughing at you.

Careful buddy, You are staring the hypocrite label in the face with that last post.

barryr
07-25-2012, 04:39 PM

I have seen a few such rants about Texas, which seems odd in that it is one of the few states, if not the only one, that has done reasonably well economically the last 4 years. They must be doing something right, unlike most.

Punisher
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
lmao nice burn on Aficans i might add <--- this is not a racsit satement

uplink
07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not a right winger but I don't see what wrong with people speaking up against immigration if they don't like it in their country. Its hard to say what the cause is for the increase in West-Nile virus though, so that statement in poor taste.

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:50 PM

to paraphrase you.
I'm not your buddy, bro.

Not a cowboy.. and although I live in Texas, it is barely, I spent most of my life in DEN, up state NY and LA.. hardly bastions of whiteness. and In the town I live 85% is hispanic.. SO please do not talk to me about racism, I grew up in it..

Merely sated some facts that you seemed to have missed in history class, sorry your head is up your ass so far you did not get it..

lonestar
07-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I have seen a few such rants about Texas, which seems odd in that it is one of the few states, if not the only one, that has done reasonably well economically the last 4 years. They must be doing something right, unlike most.

Amazing concept that MOST of texas is doing well.. the rest of the country sucks and most of them voted for the fraud and chief..

swaiy
07-25-2012, 04:55 PM
to paraphrase you.

Not a cowboy.. and although I live in Texas, it is barely, I spent most of my life in DEN, up state NY and LA.. hardly bastions of whiteness. and In the town I live 85% is hispanic.. SO please do not talk to me about racism, I grew up in it..

Merely sated some facts that you seemed to have missed in history class, sorry your head is up your ass so far you did not get it..

Are you a person of color? If not, please shut up about experiencing racism lmao. Moron.

Actually, you should shut up regardless. You and your scissoring partner barryr should hook up with that other Monkey Turd guy and get a full on threesome going.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Careful buddy, You are staring the hypocrite label in the face with that last post.

Because you don't agree with my opinion? Oh gosh what ever will I do. :(

Requiem
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Economically, Texas is doing quite mediocre, but it is nice to see that barryr and lonestar have become the next pitch and catch tandem on the Mane. Congratulations boys.

huh??
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Is it racist to assume that everyone from Africa is black? Or is it correct to say "African-African"?

gyldenlove
07-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Are you a person of color? If not, please shut up about experiencing racism lmao. Moron.

Actually, you should shut up regardless. You and your scissoring partner barryr should hook up with that other Monkey Turd guy and get a full on threesome going.

You went straight to the gay innuendo like a bear to honey - is this thread going to go Godwin's law on us?

rugbythug
07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Economically, Texas is doing quite mediocre, but it is nice to see that barryr and lonestar have become the next pitch and catch tandem on the Mane. Congratulations boys.

As a national tool salesman Texas is doing much better than basically any where. Can't sell anything to mi and ny.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
You went straight to the gay innuendo like a bear to honey - is this thread going to go Godwin's law on us?

I doubt it.

errand
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM

So white people can't be victims of racism? They can only be racist? Criticisms of anyone not white is racist?

errand
07-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Is it racist to assume that everyone from Africa is black? Or is it correct to say "African-African"?

Exactly....and why is it only in the US are blacks known as African-Americans, or Asians called Asian-americans? How come there aren't any African-Canadians? Or Asian-Mexicans?

I mean when they travel to other countries and people ask them their nationality do they say I'm African-American, or American?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fuzLTrwVbc

ghwk
07-25-2012, 05:41 PM

Well I don't know if I agree with a lot of your posts but you got the scissoring thing right in this one!

rmsanger
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
she's def a raging mudshark, you can just tell!

swaiy
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
So white people can't be victims of racism? They can only be racist? Criticisms of anyone not white is racist?

No, they cannot be victims of racism. Are you kidding me. Prejudice? Maybe. Racism. No.

When have white people ever been oppressed?

And you know damn well criticisms of anyone not white is NOT racist. Of course "criticisms" aren't really that cut and dry, are they?

gyldenlove
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
No, they cannot be victims of racism. Are you kidding me. Prejudice? Maybe. Racism. No.

So much anger and ignorance rolled into one. Putting on the good old blinders because if it doesn't happen around where I live it doesn't happen anywhere.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
So much anger and ignorance rolled into one. Putting on the good old blinders because if it doesn't happen around where I live it doesn't happen anywhere.

I'm just going to agree to disagree with damn near almost everyone in this thread. How do you experience racism being a part of the so called "superior" race?

I'm not putting on blinders to anything, sir. Were your people ever considered property and didn't have rights? Are white people ever murdered because of their skin color?

rugbythug
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm just going to agree to disagree with damn near almost everyone in this thread. How do you experience racism being a part of the so called "superior" race?

Did it take you 2 years to make an account because your a total idiot?

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Did it take you 2 years to make an account because your a total idiot?

Damn I thought you'd at least have something better than that. I guess I gave you too much credit. Nice try though.

Mecklomaniac
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM

Careful, comments like that can get you kicked out of the Olympics.

Back to the OP, her comments didn't sound that bad, sounded like a failed attempt at humor. Life sucks under the rule of the perpetually offended. Tired of all the butthurt PC police, and their outrageous outrage. Seems that the "tolerance" crowd are some of the most intolerant bigoted people around.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:23 PM
White people can suffer from racial prejudice but when have minorities acquired enough institutional power to be racists?

lonestar
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Careful, comments like that can get you kicked out of the Olympics.

Back to the OP, her comments didn't sound that bad, sounded like a failed attempt at humor. Life sucks under the rule of the perpetually offended. Tired of all the butt hurt PC police, and their outrageous outrage. Seems that the "tolerance" crowd are some of the most intolerant bigoted people around.

Watch out or you'll be called a racist.. you know that only blacks can be PC.. none of them will ever be bigoted, or even slighty intolerant..

BroncsCheer
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
nice threadjack

instead of hot olympians we have a race discussion...

lame

(i'd hit it, and so would all of you interested in women, and you know it)

ghwk
07-25-2012, 06:38 PM
White people can suffer from racial prejudice but when have minorities acquired enough institutional power to be racists?

So what we are arguing about is semantics? So if us white folk went back and replaced racism with racial prejudice we are all good?

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM
So what we are arguing about is semantics? So if us white folk went back and replaced racism with racial prejudice we are all good?

Would that take away the transatlantic slave trade? What about 400 years of oppression? Would that include your race never having the institutional power and social influence to deny people housing, jobs, equal education and what ever else? Hell no it's not semantics and I can be facetious too.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
As far as threadjacking goes... Maybe I should have went along with the general opinion that "none of what she said was racist." Had I done that, lonestar and his co-star barryr for 2 Guys and 1 Cup wouldn't have had to put me in my place, huh?

All I said was she deserved what happened to her. I guess people got butthurt that I dare have a different opinion.

Jay3
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
That's just a baloney definition of "racist" constructed specifically to make it where non-whites can't be racist.

The Nation of Islam preached that the black race was the superior race, punished by God and put into bondage for their pride, and that it was their destiny to take back the world from the "white devil." That's a racist worldview no matter how many mental gymnastics you do to try and define it out of there.

By the way, I want to be clear: she looks funny in some of the pictures, but overall, she's hot for an athlete. Better looking than me, that's for sure.

Bacillus Anthracis
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I read through this whol f'ing thread assuming someone was going to post pics of that chick, and nothing. I'd do it but I'm lazy and gotta go.

But first... I'm quite the leftists relative to most Americans and she didn't say anything that was actually racist. Maybe um, Continentalist? And dammit, it was kind of funny.

But suspended for the whole damn thing? Ridiculous. Keep her out of an event or two but kicking her out of the games is a serious overreaction.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
That's just a baloney definition of "racist" constructed specifically to make it where non-whites can't be racist.

The Nation of Islam preached that the black race was the superior race, punished by God and put into bondage for their pride, and that it was their destiny to take back the world from the "white devil." That's a racist worldview no matter how many mental gymnastics you do to try and define it out of there.

By the way, I want to be clear: she looks funny in some of the pictures, but overall, she's hot for an athlete. Better looking than me, that's for sure.

So what you're saying is that "reverse-racism" is real?

Actually, it doesn't matter. At least you weren't a complete dick because someone disagreed lol. You're cool in my book.

Jay3
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM

It's real, I suppose, but I don't think it's widespread.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:05 PM

And you know damn well criticisms of anyone not white is NOT racist. Of course "criticisms" aren't really that cut and dry, are they?

Yeah, caucasians have never been kept from getting a job or anything due to their race.....and they've never been oppressed....guess the holocaust is a myth too.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Are white people ever murdered because of their skin color?

Really? google Black Liberation Army in Jax, FL

swaiy
07-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah, caucasians have never been kept from getting a job or anything due to their race.....and they've never been oppressed....guess the holocaust is a myth too.

THERE IT IS! Godwin's Law. I guess that other guy was right.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:12 PM

So hatred only counts if you're in power? Hey...please list the members of the Caucasian congressional Caucus, the asian congressional caucaus, and the Latino congressional caucus

swaiy
07-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Really? google Black Liberation Army in Jax, FL

I know about the Black Liberation Army. Going to an HBCU for you education wouldn't allow me not to.

I'm assuming you read up on that. The Black Power movement was criminalized as well as the POLICE, the people that are supposed to protect, killed crucial members.

I'm not going to sit here and say white people aren't denied jobs or education OR killed but, let's not act like minorities as a whole have power over whites. It has never been that way. Racism has always been about superiority with the "superior" race holding institutional power.

If that wasn't the case, Blacks would have never been property and they would have had rights like everyone else.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Would that take away the transatlantic slave trade?

I'm curious, who did these slave traders buy the slaves from to bring here?

errand
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM
As far as threadjacking goes... Maybe I should have went along with the general opinion that "none of what she said was racist." Had I done that, lonestar and his co-star barryr for 2 Guys and 1 Cup wouldn't have had to put me in my place, huh?

All I said was she deserved what happened to her. I guess people got butthurt that I dare have a different opinion.

sounds like the only one who got butt hurt was you...since you're crying racism over a stupid attempt at humor by some greek bitch

swaiy
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
So hatred only counts if you're in power? Hey...please list the members of the Caucasian congressional Caucus, the asian congressional caucaus, and the Latino congressional caucus

Hatred is hatred, man. I never said it only counts if you're in power.

My opinions of what racism is what differs.

Turd_Ferguson
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Its retarded to rob her of a chance at the Olympics based on a ill advised Tweet. I would like to say that in America where we have freedom of speech it would be different, but it wouldn't be.

swaiy
sounds like the only one who got butt hurt was you...since you're crying racism over a stupid attempt at humor by some greek b****

I said she got what she deserved. Everyone else piled on after that. I don't give a **** what you think. It's obvious I shouldn't either. Not only are you ignorant but you're ****ing misogynistic.

errand

Actually, it doesn't matter. At least you weren't a complete dick because someone disagreed lol. You're cool in my book.

You're claiming that reverse racism as they call it, is a myth?

swaiy
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm curious, who did these slave traders buy the slaves from to bring here?

So you're saying slavery is right because people of African decent were enslaving other Africans? Jesus ****ing Christ you are dumb. Like, remedial. I bet you use a #3 pencil when you write.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Errand you are such a moron lmfao. I had to add you to my ignore list because I'm scared I'll catch your stupid by reading it.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I know about the Black Liberation Army.

I'm assuming you read up on that. The Black Power movement was criminalized as well as the POLICE, the people that are supposed to protect, killed crucial members.

I'm not going to sit here and say white people aren't denied jobs or education OR killed but, let's not act like minorities as a whole have power over whites. It has never been that way. Racism has always been about superiority with the "superior" race holding institutional power.

If that wasn't the case, Blacks would have never been property and they would have had rights like everyone else.

Minorities can silence free speech with one word....

RACIST!

errand
07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
So you're saying slavery is right because people of African decent were enslaving other Africans? Jesus ****ing Christ you are dumb. Like, remedial. I bet you use a #3 pencil when you write.

Where did I say it was right? I didn't...God you're ****ing stupid.

My point was Africans enslaved Africans...so why are you worried about what some Greek chick said about a bunch of racists that enslaved others?

Evidently according to you racism is ok, as long as it's against caucasians.

errand
07-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I said she got what she deserved. Everyone else piled on after that. I don't give a **** what you think. It's obvious I shouldn't either. Not only are you ignorant but you're ****ing misogynistic.

You ever think that what you considered racism in your life experiences (you claim) was just you getting what you deserved, douche?

Maybe you didn't get the job because you're a ****ing moron that just happened to be "of color"...or maybe people looked at you weird because you're just stupid looking? And maybe you were denied housing because you were always late with your rent or mortgage at your previous residence?

LongDongJohnson
07-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Who the hell came up with the definition of racism being having money or owning the government. Thats a mind boggling definition. Is it something that only blacks follow or what? What the hell does having money and power have to do with racism. Racism is having hate towards another race or treating others wrong/different simply because of their race.

A poor redneck living in a trailer and off of welfare doesnt have any power. So if he commits racist acts he wont be labled a racist? He doesnt need power to be racist. He can ve racist simply by choosing to. Same goes to any other person or race.

And just because someone or something has power doesnt mean their racist or oppressive. They can choose to be if they desire, but doesnt mean they will.

rugbythug
07-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Is it just me or does someone on here want to be white?

Its ****ing beautiful to own everything and have all the power. Mostly because of innate "superiority"

Be White-Its ****ing Awesome.

ghwk
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Would that take away the transatlantic slave trade? What about 400 years of oppression? Would that include your race never having the institutional power and social influence to deny people housing, jobs, equal education and what ever else? Hell no it's not semantics and I can be facetious too.

Jane you ignorant slut. Wait you may be too young get that reference and consider it mysoginistic as well.

My question was sincere, you chose to perceive it defensively. You had already started defining the difference in other posts and I was merely trying to get you to acknowledge whether or not the semantic difference would have made a difference or not in how you received the points being made in the posts.

So as someone that was part of forced bussing in the 70's to Manual High School I will be sure to be clear that the gangs of blacks (this was pre African American as the corrected terminology) that jumped me because I was white was due to racial prejudice as opposed to racism. Please understand that during the actual event I really wasn't clearly distinguishing the two. So in all honesty I don't think most non minorities have the academic reference point that you do which is why the actual semantics and their definitions are in fact important which is why I mentioned it, and not facetiously. Whites can in fact be victims of prejudice. What they are unlikely to be victims of in the US is institutional racism.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Jane you ignorant slut. Wait you may be too young get that reference and consider it mysoginistic as well.

My question was sincere, you chose to perceive it defensively. You had already started defining the difference in other posts and I was merely trying to get you to acknowledge whether or not the semantic difference would have made a difference or not in how you received the points being made in the posts.

So as someone that was part of forced bussing in the 70's to Manual High School I will be sure to be clear that the gangs of blacks (this was pre African American as the corrected terminology) that jumped me because I was white was due to racial prejudice as opposed to racism. Please understand that during the actual event I really wasn't clearly distinguishing the two. So in all honesty I don't think most non minorities have the academic reference point that you do which is why the actual semantics and their definitions are in fact important which is why I mentioned it, and not facetiously. Whites can in fact be victims of prejudice. What they are unlikely to be victims of in the US is institutional racism.

My mistake man. That's what I was trying to say as far institutional racism in the US goes. I am by no means a fighter of the Social Justice cause but I do try to educate myself on things.

You get it though. Everybody else thinks I'm an idiot lol.

Chris
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Racist. Besides that pic's far too distant to safely make that determination.

Found another picture of her

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_I546vGeniy4/S7jzSZIdSTI/AAAAAAAAA3A/c1uts7GtKZI/IMG_9574_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Chris
07-25-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm not your bro, guy.

Saw a dude wearing this shirt the other day

http://www.aaanything.net/wp-content/gallery/awesome-t-shirts/thumbs/thumbs_t_shirt_dont_bro_me_if_you_dont_know_me.jpg

SO I SHOUTED COOL SHIRT BRO

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 08:39 PM
My mistake man. That's what I was trying to say as far institutional racism in the US goes. I am by no means a fighter of the Social Justice cause but I do try to educate myself on things.

You get it though. Everybody else thinks I'm an idiot lol.

Everyone else is right. You are an idiot. Try to Look forward more and not only back.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Everyone else is right. You are an idiot. Try to Look forward more and not only back.

Shouldn't you be giving out reach arounds to your pals barryr and lonestar? You've been on my nuts since the first page. Step off, turd.

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
I know you're new to the OMane, and this might sound crazy, but here's my username, so PM me maybe?

swaiy
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I know you're new to the OMane, and this might sound crazy, but here's my username, so PM me maybe?

SIKE! That's the wrong username!

Drunk Monkey
07-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Shouldn't you be giving out reach arounds to your pals barryr and lonestar? You've been on my nuts since the first page. Step off, turd.

Just as soon as you manage to string together a semi coherent train of thought that doesn't make you come across as an angry black man (I assume you are per your past references.) Do you realize you are not helping the cause you apparently are so passionate about??? Are you just board and trolling or really that dumb and hateful?

RhymesayersDU
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Just as soon as you manage to string together a semi coherent train of thought that doesn't make you come across as an angry black man (I assume you are per your past references.) Do you realize you are not helping the cause you apparently are so passionate about??? Are you just board and trolling or really that dumb and hateful?

OH NO YOU DI-INT!

swaiy
07-25-2012, 09:06 PM

Don't try to paint me in the category of being hateful when since my very first post in this thread you responded "lol." Even afterwards I still did not respond until you made another post clearly directed at me. You then have the gall to call whatever post you are referencing a "semi coherent train of thought" while at the same time insinuating that I am dumb if I'm not trolling.

Let me be clear. I am not angry about anything. If you chose to perceive my point of view on racism as "ignorant" because you don't agree, that's your prerogative. Also, for me to be hateful would also mean I give some sort of an inkling of a damn about people I don't know. You sir, are the one that came in to antagonize. Not me. I stated my opinion because that's what you do in forums.

I don't expect everyone to agree but before all of this devolved into pile of crap, I insulted no one. So once again, this completely happy Black man is not hateful towards anyone. I'm a Broncos fan first just like I see everyone else here.

BroncoBeavis
07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Found another picture of her

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_I546vGeniy4/S7jzSZIdSTI/AAAAAAAAA3A/c1uts7GtKZI/IMG_9574_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

I'd eat that.

bpc
07-25-2012, 09:20 PM

I'm not putting on blinders to anything, sir. Were your people ever considered property and didn't have rights? Are white people ever murdered because of their skin color?

How about Scotland from 800 AD-1400 AD? I can point back to prior indiscretions against my people too. Also, i grew up in Hawaii. They'd stone a white dude in the wrong area. Ah ****. Not prejudice, it was flat out racism.

To me, how about this racism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU

Imagine if white candidates tried some crap like this? "WHITE PEOPLE, RALLY FOR ME BECAUSE WE'RE BOTH WHITE!" Imagine if there was WET, White entertainment television? We live with reverse racism EVERY day. The double standards are sickening in this country. My best friend is American, technically what most would call African american. I don't use that because he's several generations into America, was born here, etc. You don't call me Scottish American, no need to call somebody African American. He bitches about race all the time. In fact, I hear the most racist comments come from those backgrounds. A white guy gets called a cracker and it's funny. Say a derogatory term about any other ethnicity and it's offensive. These are the facts and double standards we all walk around on a daily basis.

DivineLegion
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
This is probably geared more toward Morocans, Morocan gangs have been a major problem in Europe for the last 5-6 years. Most Europeans despise Morocans, and vise versa. Greeks and Turks alike (odd pairing I know) have a real inherent disdain for Morocan culture. Take that as you may, I don't think this is an issue dealing with melanin levels, more cultural difference.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
How about Scotland from 800 AD-1400 AD? I can point back to prior indiscretions against my people too. Also, i grew up in Hawaii. They'd stone a white dude in the wrong area. Ah ****. Not prejudice, it was flat out racism.

To me, how about this racism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BdjoHA5ocwU

Imagine if white candidates tried some crap like this? "WHITE PEOPLE, RALLY FOR ME BECAUSE WE'RE BOTH WHITE!" Imagine if there was WET, White entertainment television? We live with reverse racism EVERY day. The double standards are sickening in this country. My best friend is American, technically what most would call African american. I don't use that because he's several generations into America, was born here, etc. You don't call me Scottish American, no need to call somebody African American. He b****es about race all the time. In fact, I hear the most racist comments come from those backgrounds. A white guy gets called a cracker and it's funny. Say a derogatory term about any other ethnicity and it's offensive. These are the facts and double standards we all walk around on a daily basis.

There doesn't have to be a "WET" because white is the standard. That's why blacks created their own channel and other vessels to showcase BLACKS where whites wouldn't. Besides, BET is owned by Viacomm. The same losers that own MTV and VH1. The term cracker and honkey don't carry the same connotations as the N word. Neither of those words were instrumental in the oppression of a race.

I find it laughable that any person of white descent would be offended by words that have no derogatory history behind them at all. If you look up the N word, there is no alternative meaning.

Prejudice is an attitude that is based on limited information or stereotypes.

Oppression is the systematic subjugation of a social group by another social group with access to social power. Power is the ability to control access to resources, the ability to influence others, and access to decision makers. http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008electionandracism/raceandracism/racism02.htm

Also, White people do rally for each other because they're White.

rmsanger
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Amerika *** yeah!

swaiy
07-25-2012, 09:48 PM
This is probably geared more toward Morocans, Morocan gangs have been a major problem in Europe for the last 5-6 years. Most Europeans despise Morocans, and vise versa. Greeks and Turks alike (odd pairing I know) have a real inherent disdain for Morocan culture. Take that as you may, I don't think this is an issue dealing with melanin levels, more cultural difference.

You're definitely right about that LOL. I saw that alot while living in Europe.

LongDongJohnson
07-25-2012, 10:03 PM

You say whites cant be victims of racism. Whats up with all these black flash mobs attacking white people specifically simply for being white. If that is not racism then what is it?

DivineLegion
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM
You're definitely right about that LOL. I saw that alot while living in Europe.

It's crazy! A Turkish friend of mine just married an Albanian woman from Belgium, and she has some very intense stories about Morocan gangs in Brusels. I can't say with complete confedance that her opinions are 100% founded in fact, but the details are rather horrific. I guess I would have to experience the dregs of living in such fear myself before developing such a brash conclusion, however I dont take her for a liar.

bpc
07-25-2012, 10:09 PM
There doesn't have to be a "WET" because white is the standard. That's why blacks created their own channel and other vessels to showcase BLACKS where whites wouldn't. Besides, BET is owned by Viacomm. The same losers that own MTV and VH1. The term cracker and honkey don't carry the same connotations as the N word. Neither of those words were instrumental in the oppression of a race.

I find it laughable that any person of white descent would be offended by words that have no derogatory history behind them at all. If you look up the N word, there is no alternative meaning.

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008electionandracism/raceandracism/racism02.htm

The failure of this country is the fact that certain parties feel there need to be divisions raised above the masses. As long as that continues to the be the case, *special interest groups*, there will always be racism as WE know it. Does your mood towards it correct it or add fuel to a fire of hatred you have burning inside?

I find cracker very offensive. As offensive as you find the N word. I would not call you the N word and others would be wise to not call me cracker. I hope you don't contribute to that sort of hatred.

White people rally for white people, because they are white? That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I can say that is inversely true to the way that you mean it. We see collectivism type activities in the black community all the time. The mentality towards color is union'esqe.

We can continue crying about the past which was tragic or we can look ahead and kill the seeds of hatred. On that front, it is also important to understand history. One of my favorite movies growing up was Amistad. Such an incredibly powerful movie. After the internet came in full force, and resources to look up anything you wanted, my complete enjoyment of that story came crashing down. The freedom Amistad fought so hard for, and the odds he overcame was exactly the thing he was forcing other Africans into himself. Not white people. Him. Amistad. Slave trader.

This was the culture back in the day and all groups took part in it. Continue to blame it on the white people but Africans and other ethnicities committed similar atrocities to their people. I love how this is conveniently overlooked or not mentioned when whining about historical oppression.

extralife
07-25-2012, 10:18 PM

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008electionandracism/raceandracism/racism02.htm

oh my god, there's actually someone on this forum capable of not completely embarrassing himself while discussing race. color me surprised.

Meck77
07-25-2012, 10:20 PM
5 pages and not another pic? Speaking of people saying stupid ****. Where is lobster boy Rev? Perm banned or is he around? Can't wait for football to start!

Lestat
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
really hot? eh, i don't see it. she just doesn't do it for me.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
The failure of this country is the fact that certain parties feel there need to be divisions raised above the masses. As long as that continues to the be the case, *special interest groups*, there will always be racism as WE know it. Does your mood towards it correct it or add fuel to a fire of hatred you have burning inside?

I find cracker very offensive. As offensive as you find the N word. I would not call you the N word and others would be wise to not call me cracker. I hope you don't contribute to that sort of hatred.

White people rally for white people, because they are white? That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I can say that is inversely true to the way that you mean it. We see collectivism type activities in the black community all the time. The mentality towards color is union'esqe.

We can continue crying about the past which was tragic or we can look ahead and kill the seeds of hatred. On that front, it is also important to understand history. One of my favorite movies growing up was Amistad. Such an incredibly powerful movie. After the internet came in full force, and resources to look up anything you wanted, my complete enjoyment of that story came crashing down. The freedom Amistad fought so hard for, and the odds he overcame was exactly the thing he was forcing other Africans into himself. Not white people. Him. Amistad. Slave trader.

This was the culture back in the day and all groups took part in it. Continue to blame it on the white people but Africans and other ethnicities committed similar atrocities to their people. I love how this is conveniently overlooked or not mentioned when whining about historical oppression.

This is the thing I try to tell Whites that they refuse to acknowledge. No one is overlooking the atrocities Africans committed against their own people. I'd also like to point out that it is incredibly insulting you call it "whining" about oppression.

If you think oppression is just historical, you are sadly mistaken. There are people in my family that are still alive that experienced being sprayed with fire hoses and had dogs sent after them. That was not that long ago.

As far as collective activities in the Black community, alot of that can be directly attributed to the lack of faith Blacks have in Whites to be accepting. It also wasn't too long ago where there were signs that said "No coloreds." White people spent so much time to separate themselves and then seem to get up and arms when they are actually excluded from something. That sense of entitlement is something that never seems to go away.

It's not crying about the past. It's happening right now. RIGHT NOW.

BTW -

White people rally for white people, because they are white? That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

White supremacy?

swaiy
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
You say whites cant be victims of racism. Whats up with all these black flash mobs attacking white people specifically simply for being white. If that is not racism then what is it?

I'll concede that is individualized racism; however, institutionalized racism is something I believe Whites will never be victims of.

I can't call that anything but hate. That's disgusting.

DivineLegion
07-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Great point bpc, this is exactly why I used melanin in my OP. the amount of biodiversity amongst human beings is so minuscule that believing in race, or racial superiority is a nieve perspective built on archaic principle. There are clearly cultural differences amongst people's from different origins, but those cultures should be celebrated not scorned. Italians, Jews, Ethiopians, Germans, Arabs, Nigerians, French, Turkish, Egyptian, Russian, Chinese, Polonesian, Anglo Saxon, Irish, Nordic, Japanese, Korean, Slavic, Hispanic, Native American, Indian; there is a world full of knowledge and intrigue. If people could put aside their bias, they could learn so much. The world is progressing to that point, but the inherent feeling of isolationism, or inequality (which is a biological fallacy) propells people of various cultures to band against those of an assumed majority. The interbreeding of culture (the melting pot) in the united states has brought forth a line of "cultural mutts". How many people do you know that are German Irish, or Italian American (by no means a term of pure Italian decent). One of my best friends is African, American Indian, and Irish; great kid. What we have is a great misunderstanding, we can work toward a world of cultural harmony, if we can all agree to shed our ties to the racial fallacy, and celebrate diversity. Physical appearance has no bearing on the character of a mans heart, and it is through our actions that we are judged. If you live a life of fear and hatred, you will be seen as a hateful fearful soul. If you live a life of courage and integrity, you will be seen as a courageous and honest soul. Life is simple, it is a shame that we muddy the waters with such trivial issues, but simple understanding seems to be one of the worlds most complex puzzles.

cutthemdown
07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Wow. A young person says something dumb. Not shocking at all.

And it was not racist, just stupid.

It wasn't racist its just people freak out when jokes about black people are told by white people. We ain't got there yet.

cutthemdown
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I'll concede that is individualized racism; however, institutionalized racism is something I believe Whites will never be victims of.

I can't call that anything but hate. That's disgusting.

Ever heard of affirmative action? Quotas at fire depts and schools that say you have to hire a certain number of minorities regardless of ability.

Actually there are laws on the books that are prejudicial to white people as we speak.

Mogulseeker
07-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's appropriate:

http://i.qkme.me/36kb2o.jpg

DivineLegion
07-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Ever heard of affirmative action? Quotas at fire depts and schools that say you have to hire a certain number of minorities regardless of ability.

Actually there are laws on the books that are prejudicial to white people as we speak.

Ugh! Case in point...

This is a perfect example of cultural bias, and insecurity. Yes, laws have been passed aiding the ascent of minorities in the United States, and no they don't show favoritism or cultural prejudice. These laws were passed as buffers to help destroy the misunderstandings dirived from millenia of scientific misunderstanding. The goal brought forth in this legislation was geared towards introducing two segregated cultures into intimate relationships (work), so that misguided prejudice could be destroyed. I personally think they have worked quite well.

swaiy
07-25-2012, 11:14 PM

What laws are there on the books that are prejudicial to Whites? Sincere question.

Also.

Under the law as written in Executive Orders and interpreted by the courts, anyone benefiting from affirmative action must have relevant and valid job or educational qualifications. http://www.now.org/nnt/08-95/affirmhs.html

cutthemdown
07-25-2012, 11:30 PM
What laws are there on the books that are prejudicial to Whites? Sincere question.

Also.

http://www.now.org/nnt/08-95/affirmhs.html

Any rule or law that says if two people equal in every way, but one isn't white and the other is, that says hire the minority, is prejudicial to to whites.

There was a time and place for it, but it's passed. Especially considering in 20 more yrs whites will be the minority. I'd prefer those laws off the books and a level playing field.

Archer81
07-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Is this a joke?

bpc
07-26-2012, 02:06 AM
This is the thing I try to tell Whites that they refuse to acknowledge. No one is overlooking the atrocities Africans committed against their own people. I'd also like to point out that it is incredibly insulting you call it "whining" about oppression.

If you think oppression is just historical, you are sadly mistaken. There are people in my family that are still alive that experienced being sprayed with fire hoses and had dogs sent after them. That was not that long ago.

As far as collective activities in the Black community, alot of that can be directly attributed to the lack of faith Blacks have in Whites to be accepting. It also wasn't too long ago where there were signs that said "No coloreds." White people spent so much time to separate themselves and then seem to get up and arms when they are actually excluded from something. That sense of entitlement is something that never seems to go away.

It's not crying about the past. It's happening right now. RIGHT NOW.

BTW -

White supremacy?

We were swinging swords around 300 yrs ago. America is only 236 years old. 100 years ago people rode horses to get from place to place. Civil rights started to become a reality 50 years ago. We can all live in the past or you can focus on the future holding up the virtues you deem right. You seem more interested in complaining about how it was, vs. improving how it is. That is something I see consistently in the black culture.

Dividing our country, lifting one group up on a pedestal vs another is something to get up in arms over. For instance Islamic communities that form, disregard state or federal law and say it is their right to only follow sharia law. If we started pandering to that, it would snowball into a chaos of hell. That's exactly my point and problem with Obama. He does the most DIVIDING i've ever seen a president do. A president, or a leader in general should be able to unify people under a common cause and belief, for the good of the country. Obama does quite literally the opposite attempting to pit sides against each other. As an American, that's sickening to me.

Finally, just so I have this right, white supremacy is whites gathering for whites... so then it's fair to say blacks grouping together comparably should be called black supremacy? FYI, I don't think white supremacy thoughts/culture/groups are a good thing. Do you feel that about black supremacists? Because they are out there too under your definition and logic. Offering concessions to certain groups based on color or ethnicity is a piss poor way to grow a country and have us stand united or ever improve the situation.

Bacchus
07-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Looks pretty ugly to me. Don't care what the exterior looks like, still ugly.

EDIT: to ban her is a little excessive. It's not like she burning crosses on peoples lawns and handing out 50 lashes.

I think if she was a tennis player competing in Wimbeldon her tweet would not get her kicked out. But the people of Greece feel her tweet was in bad taste and racist and do want her representing their country in the Olympics.

I can understand that.

Bacchus
07-26-2012, 02:19 AM
really hot? eh, i don't see it. she just doesn't do it for me.

this part is really hot

http://znnonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/original-403x282.jpg

errand
07-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Serious question.....

Should anyone applying to a college be given preferential treatment due to ethnicity and if they are would you consider it racist?

GreatBronco16
07-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Serious question.....

Should anyone applying to a college be given preferential treatment due to ethnicity and if they are would you consider it racist?

No and yes.

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2012, 07:07 AM

My ancestors were oppressed by the English...and then later the British and they were "white".

swaiy
07-26-2012, 07:11 AM
My ancestors were oppressed by the English...and then later the British and they were "white".

Fair enough. Are you oppressed by institutional racism now?

swaiy
07-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Any rule or law that says if two people equal in every way, but one isn't white and the other is, that says hire the minority, is prejudicial to to whites.

There was a time and place for it, but it's passed. Especially considering in 20 more yrs whites will be the minority. I'd prefer those laws off the books and a level playing field.

You do realize AA was created because Whites weren't giving equal opportunities to minorities, right? That's not being prejudicial by providing equal opportunities.

ghwk
07-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I think there should be more white basketball players. We used to own that game.

BroncoInferno
07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
I come into this thread expecting some sweet pics of a hot Greek chick and instead get treated to another racist jag from errand complaining about how white males get the shaft in this country. Can someone get this thread back on track, please?

jonny1
07-26-2012, 09:34 AM
:worthless

RhymesayersDU
07-26-2012, 09:43 AM
I come into this thread expecting some sweet pics of a hot Greek chick and instead get treated to another racist jag from errand complaining about how white males get the shaft in this country. Can someone get this thread back on track, please?

What do you mean "back on track?"

The thread is on track. It's about a tweet with racial overtones.

Irish Stout
07-26-2012, 09:48 AM

We want boobies.

And equality.

Mostly boobies.

Drunk Monkey
07-26-2012, 10:06 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/voula-papachristou1.jpg

lonestar
07-26-2012, 10:23 AM

talk about hate and discontent..

the first time I read this I said to myself forget the moron, that wrote this..

but after getting several reps on my posts here I decided not to..

as for my supposed partner, the only reason he was replying is because you are NOT the happy black man you stated in another post.. you are what everyone on here perceives you to be, one angry dude that wants to live in the past and not move on..

What happened, frankly happened, I was there in the 50's watching it all in Black and White nightly on the news, I saw the horrors that happened even though I lived in DEN I also saw the areas that the Blacks (at the time they were called Negros) lived in my mother drove thru them twice daily going to work..

But then in the 60's many got educated and moved out of the five points area into middle class neighborhoods and white flight happened and soon those areas became primarily Black..

I grew up in primarily a Mexican neighborhood in a racially Mixed household..

I saw qualified people overlooked for job promotions in order to fill those jobs with LESS qualified Women and Blacks.. I have been passed over for a job so a Woman could be hired..

So while I have been discriminated against it was nothing like what happened in the south as late as the 60's. Perhaps even later without the TV cameras seeing it..

NOW it is time for the healing to begin and I'm sorry that you perceived this post as an attack on YOU..

It was meant as an eye opener, that you obviously could/do not have a clue about..

Bacillus Anthracis
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Holy crap. There are still people whining about BET?

I think the easier thing to point out to people who say stupid **** like "Why isn't there a WET?" is that black people constitute around 12% percent of the population and that there are at least 200 TV channels most of us have access to. So the BET network consists of what, 2 or 3 channels? That's around 1 percent of all the channels on TV. So if anything, black people are severely under-represented by television. Not they're a monolothic block, but if arguing in terms of generalities it's a sound argument.

Some do, most don't. There really isn't a monolithic "white culture". Whites generally don't automatically identify with someone else of similar skin color. The following is only anecdotal and not scientific, just some observations I had when I was in the army that seem relevant to this unfortunate turn of conversation.

I noticed that the black guys all hung together. It didn't matter what state they were from, what their backgrounds were, etc. In the chow hall, they all sat together. During off hours, blacks didn't ever mix with whites and vice versa.

On the other hand, with the white guys, there were kind of the average people who hung out sometimes, sometimes not. Interestingly among this were the guys of Lation background. Some loosely hung together but we were all interchangeable with each other. There was no identifiable common background.

Then there were the rednecks, which was peculiar. Their social behavior was more like the black guys in that they all hung together seemingly due to a somewhat common background. Rural, country music, Coors Light, and a not so subtle vein of racism throughout. And almost all from southern states. So in this regard their social behavior was more like the black guys than any other grouping of people. Irony anyone?

Chris
07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Witnesses at the restaurant where she found out suggest she was so angry that she smashed several plates.

BroncoInferno
07-26-2012, 11:01 AM

That's your interpretation. My interpretation is it's about a hot, dirty, sexually depraved Greek chick.

DivineLegion
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Witnesses at the restaurant where she found out suggest she was so angry that she smashed several plates.

Opah!

manchambo
07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
I think the comment about her being a "butter face" is more offensive than her tweet (and I think her tweet was culturally insensitive, though not particularly racist, and I never would have banned her from the Olympics for it).

Every time I read these butter face type comments I picture someone who looks about like Bob, sitting in a darkened room with his face lit by the soft blue glow of a monitor, perhaps in his mother's basement, with french fry grease and Cheeto dust coating his fingertips and cheeks, mumbling between Mountain Dew-perfumed eructations, "yeah but she's a butter-face."

Seriously? Maybe I'm getting desperate in my old age, but three minutes with her would make my year.

Powderaddict
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Eh, I think she's cute.

Drunk Monkey
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.gadailynews.com/files.php?file=assets-2012/article_2178836_14368DAB000005DC_785_634x733_12499 1172.jpg

In my pre-married life I definitely would but ya.... butter face

Heyneck
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.gadailynews.com/files.php?file=assets-2012/article_2178836_14368DAB000005DC_785_634x733_12499 1172.jpg

Not even the pillow can hide that butter face!

El Minion
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Meh

http://domaingang.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/voula-papachristou15-1024x907.jpg

http://www.wotshappening.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Voula-Papachristou1.jpg

cutthemdown
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
You do realize AA was created because Whites weren't giving equal opportunities to minorities, right? That's not being prejudicial by providing equal opportunities.

Yes but does that mean we leave them on the books forever?

BroncoBeavis
07-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Dirty racist. No Olympics for You!

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I hate political correctness. Worse is that this kind of crap is always a one-way street.

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Dirty racist. No Olympics for You!

^^^ Thought policing.

OBF1
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
She's hot for a greek and by that I mean she doesn't have a moustache. kidding don't throw goat cheese / spanikopitakia ninja stars at me.

Racist bastard. You should be banned from the olympics. People need to get a life and get over shiat, This world is going to hell in a hand basket. PC.. kiss my ass

Chris
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Malaka!

http://www.joelpwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pterodactyl.jpg

hambone13
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
For a racists tweet.

Papachristou, 23, made a racist and tasteless comment on her Twitter account, @papaxristoutj, that highlighted the number of African immigrants in Greece.

“With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,” Papachristou wrote. She also reposted a comment from controversial Greek politician Ilias Kasidiaris, who has strongly criticized his government’s “soft” immigration policy.

[ Talk back: What's your take on the Greek controversy? ]

The West Nile virus was first discovered in Uganda, but cases have recently been found during the European summer. Papachristou’s tweet was met with a flood of angry responses, but she didn’t respond until Wednesday, when it became clear she might lose her spot in the Olympics.

Wow, good looking but stupid.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/18.PoBx1H71IDRccQiYI8Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/07/25/AP123174312687-jpg_154124.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--greek-triple-jumper-removed-from-olympic-team-after-making-racist-comments-on-twitter.html

Frankly, it's pretty funny if you don't read the color card into it. Not that bad IMO.

nyuk nyuk
07-26-2012, 06:53 PM

I think you're a bit thin-skinned and have a chip on your shoulder.

errand
07-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Are white people ever murdered because of their skin color?

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-09-06/story/copy-boy-delivered-key-case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_murders

TD4HOF
07-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I can't decide if she's hot or not. Tough call. Depends on angle, clothing, lighting, time of day, distance, day of week, and her mood.

Ray Finkle
07-27-2012, 07:00 AM
okay body but that fact that she's brutal in the face and a member of the itty bitty titty committee cause me to say Pass....

misturanderson
07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
I can't decide if she's hot or not. Tough call. Depends on angle, clothing, lighting, time of day, distance, day of week, and her mood.

I feel exactly the same. It's like there are 2 people with the same body and hair.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Xi9kgnvjQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
07-27-2012, 07:27 AM
She's one of those girls where it's completely impossible to tell until you see how she carries herself in person. Photos or even video don't always tell the whole story.

Smiling Assassin27
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-09-06/story/copy-boy-delivered-key-case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_murders

"Did you say you killed and raped a white lady and killed her child because of apartheid?" Judge Leeuw asked.

"Well, after the old lady (Rawstone) answered her cellphone in the car, she was shot. Thereafter we did everything we did because they were white," Kekana said.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/portrait-of-a-stone-faced-baby-killer-1.218267

To the racist point, there are millions of whites in Africa too, so why would everyone just assume she was referring ONLY to black africans? Someone needs to have their racist-o-meter adjusted. Stupid tweet? Yeah. Tasteless? Sorta. Racist? You'd better have more than you have to accuse someone of that.

Powderaddict
07-27-2012, 12:46 PM

After reviewing more pictures, I agree. Some she looks cute, some she looks :confuzzle

Bacchus
07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
http://domaingang.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/voula-papachristou15-1024x907.jpg

I do like this picture.

Bacchus
07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
UPDATE

Banned Greek triple jumper ‘bitter and upset’ after racist tweet gets her kicked out of Olympics

........Voula Papachristou was left in Athens by the Hellenic Olympic Committee after sending a tweet (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--greek-triple-jumper-removed-from-olympic-team-after-making-racist-comments-on-twitter.html;_ylt=AigEtqpJxDxBPqDkINgnNrRIAuh_;_yl u=X3oDMTFkMmFzbGIwBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzQEc2Vj A01lZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3) that read, "with so many Africans in Greece at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food." Her comment generated a minor uproar in Greece, then became an international story when Greek officials decided to kick her off the Olympic team.
[ Photos: Greek athlete Voula Papachristou (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Al3Q.JyE3F2aYFrEFTDUHh5IAuh_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkcWh pdTZuBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzUEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ 0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=0/SIG=119o330qk/EXP=1344660560/**http%3A//yhoo.it/QEChlH) ]
The triple jumper (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AguMFPijm4iMrBOL9vWMg7pIAuh_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkbml nNzJjBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzYEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ 0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=0/SIG=119ke1gj8/EXP=1344660560/**http%3A//yhoo.it/SFedhc) issued a wide-ranging apology (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/greek-athlete-expeled-olympics-racist-tweet-140602319--oly.html;_ylt=ArDq.jOFjth7zZTWcH7ETAFIAuh_;_ylu=X3 oDMTFkYTlrYnI4BG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzcEc2VjA01l ZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3) after the ruling was announced. Her tone turned defiant on Thursday when she spoke with Reuters about the decision:
"I have not slept at all and to be honest I am still trying to come to terms with what has happened. I am trying to stay calm otherwise I would lose control.
"I am thankful to my coach and family and so many other people who have stuck by me.... After so many years of hurt and sacrifices to try and get to my first Olympics I am very bitter and upset. But what has upset me the most is the excessive reaction and speed of the disciplinary decision."

Though it's probably not best to talk about how you may "lose control" -- I don't think that's taught in Crisis Management 101 -- Papachristou has a point. The reaction was excessive and the speed with which it was made suggests undue haste. It's strange; Greek officials are usually so prudent and judicious in their decision making.
[ Related: Greek athlete expelled for racist tweet (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aqj5X.S6uqWM9LM.fOuOZ_VIAuh_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkMG5 sZmN1BG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzgEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ 0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=0/SIG=119jg9aif/EXP=1344660560/**http%3A//yhoo.it/QjemcT)]
She should be angry. There have been no reports of Greek Twitter guidelines or rules of conduct for athletes. Officials appeared to make an arbitrary decision based on political pressure. They said they banned Papachristou because they didn't want to "place Greece in a very negative light." The thing is, nobody would have known about this had they not banned her. It was an isolated story with no legs. Now it's in its third news cycle.
Papachristou can be angry, but she can't be surprised. When you make a statement that touches on race or religion or gender in a controversial way, the hammer can be dropped (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Avm5dDQxejuUyEtUhlG44kBIAuh_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkbGs 1M3FnBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzkEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ 0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTNkYzhicnM5BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDYWNjNzc3M2MtYTEyOC0zZTY4LTgwMTgtYzNlN2QwZT hmZDE0BHBzdGNhdANvbHltcGljc3xmb3VydGgtcGxhY2VtZWRh bARwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=0/SIG=1452b6u45/EXP=1344660560/**http%3A//www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/story/2012-07-25/voula-papachristou-twitter-controversy/56493852/1) quickly. Even if her tweet wasn't racist, it was perceived that way and that may as well be the same thing.

Rest of the article: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/banned-greek-triple-jumper-bitter-upset-racist-tweet-162255969--oly.html;_ylt=Ai2WIf49Q0kwp1j.wgH30H097Ox_;_ylu=X3 oDMTVkbnU5cWZvBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdARtaXQD TWl4ZWQgTGlzdCBOZXdzIEZvciBZb3UEcGtnA2FjYzc3NzNjLW ExMjgtM2U2OC04MDE4LWMzZTdkMGU4ZmQxNARwb3MDMwRzZWMD TWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTmV3c0ZvcllvdUNBVGVtcAR2ZXIDYj M4ZTI5NzAtZDc0MS0xMWUxLWFiZjEtZDNmNzVjY2U4MjZl;_yl g=X3oDMTJtMzlkcGo3BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3Rh aWQDZDA1Mjk4MzgtNjU5Zi0zN2RkLThlOTktYjgxNzA5Yzk5NG FjBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

barryr
07-28-2012, 05:56 AM
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/portrait-of-a-stone-faced-baby-killer-1.218267

To the racist point, there are millions of whites in Africa too, so why would everyone just assume she was referring ONLY to black africans? Someone needs to have their racist-o-meter adjusted. Stupid tweet? Yeah. Tasteless? Sorta. Racist? You'd better have more than you have to accuse someone of that.

But that's the problem. The race pimps of the world who think everything is about racism look for any hint of it and deem themselves judge and jury of what is racism and what isn't. They like to make examples of people and keep this issue front and center with key events, such as the Olympics in this case. It also makes people afraid to say anything that can be twisted to mean something else and they really don't care who gets hurt or ruined in the process. It's all about the agenda and sacrificing some along the way is worth it to them.

HorseHead
07-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Her body is rockin'..., but it does look like she has some razor burn near her hoo-ha..., might need some "Gold Bond" to prevent chafing...

Okay, you guys can get back to your boring racism thing...carry on...

Hamrob
07-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure how offensive that statement really is. To each there own. Stupid statement nevertheless.

If that had been an American would they have been booted???

I don't think so. We have this little thing called "Freedom of Speach". Like it or not.

Archedamian
07-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Her body is rockin'..., but it does look like she has some razor burn near her hoo-ha..., might need some "Gold Bond" to prevent chafing...

Okay, you guys can get back to your boring racism thing...carry on...

Hey, she's European. Count it as a plus that she is even shaving at all.