View Full Version : In the spirit of the Doom rage thread, a poll

baja
07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Driving issues.

Which issue most gets to you?

baja
07-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Number 2 should read;

A driver changing lanes multiple times on a busy freeway trying to get ahead.

Oh and I should have added the option of people driving painfully slow on a hard to pass mountain road.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Where's the vote option for all of the above

baja
07-20-2012, 03:30 PM
It's the one that most pisses you off.

baja
07-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Or do you have one that is not there?

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
It's the one that most pisses you off.

They are all so aggravating I can't seem to land on just one. I'm gonna have to think about this one before I vote. Ha!

fdf
07-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh and I should have added the option of people driving painfully slow on a hard to pass mountain road.

Bicyclists three abreast on the same road. For miles.

baja
07-20-2012, 03:34 PM
They are all so aggravating I can't seem to land on just one. I'm gonna have to think about this one before I vote. Ha!

I picked the tailgating option because I think it is the most dangerous.

BroncsRule
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
me too. I just picked one so I could see the results - they're all pretty friggin' anoying.

BroncsRule
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM

oh - that's a good one.

baja
07-20-2012, 03:36 PM

That's why I carry an air horn canister.

baja
07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Did you ever slam on your breaks on a tailgater?

Rabb
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Where is the option for some crazy biatch getting out of her car and throwing a slurpee cup at me and my boys, forcing us to show our...I mean my friend's...guns to her?

Happened the other day to me, really pissed me off.

orinjkrush
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
all the people driving slower than you are G-D pinheads;
all the people driving faster than you are Fuggin insane.

that takes care of everybody.

ludo21
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
high beams...those jerks!!!

(......truth: I have done this)

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
That's why I carry an air horn canister.

Or do what Mac from sunny in Philly did, fire an empty beer bottle to the back of the bike riders head.

maher_tyler
07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Being cut off and the other driver acting like it was your fault to the point of giving you the middle finger!

What really grinds my gears more than anything is slow ass drivers in the damn passing lane!

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Driving issues.

Which issue most gets to you?

Driving is bad for the environment and kills people, hippie.

Stuck in Cali
07-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Motorcyclist driving between the lanes is the worst for me.

baja
07-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Driving is bad for the environment and kills people, hippie.

No contrar , I drive gas guzzlers. My thought is use up oil as fast as we can because it is only when it is all gone that we will be motivated to find better sources of energy.

baja
07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I forgot about the guy that sees you standing by a puddle on the side of the road on a rainy day and purposely speeds up and hits the water fast drenching you with dirty water. Someday I am going to go and stand by a puddle with a brick held behind my back and wait for that jerk to come along. Yep, I am.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-20-2012, 06:54 PM
People who camp in the left lane, and pretty much all female drivers.

elsid13
07-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Where is the jackass that drive behind the ambulance when everyone else follows the rules in gridlock. I ****ing hate those bastards.

baja
07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Where is the jackass that drive behind the ambulance when everyone else follows the rules in gridlock. I ****ing hate those bastards.

I never even seen that. That guy should have a special place in hell.

Another one is the perfectly healthy teenager parking in a handicap spot because his mother's car has a sticker for it.

DENVERDUI55
07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
WHat about the lady throwing something at my Rover when she just cut me off! Pisses me off so bad I got to show them my gat.

baja
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
WHat about the lady throwing something at my Rover when she just cut me off! Pisses me off so bad I got to show them my gat.

Nice try. You're late though. Someone laid that one down in an earlier post.

ant1999e
07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Where's the vote option for all of the above

This...

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
No contrar , I drive gas guzzlers. My thought is use up oil as fast as we can because it is only when it is all gone that we will be motivated to find better sources of energy.

Just for the record "no contrar" is a combination of an infinitive verb and a negative expression... And it makes absolutely no sense. I think you were trying to utilize the common French expression "au contraire" which means "to the contrary."

Just thought I'd put that out there because you like to pretend to be smart.

rbackfactory80
07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Driver that passes you on the highway and then slows down. You keep passing him and he keeps passing you endlessly.

baja
07-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Just for the record "no contrar" is a combination of an infinitive verb and a negative expression... And it makes absolutely no sense. I think you were trying to utilize the common French expression "au contraire" which means "to the contrary."

Just thought I'd put that out there because you like to pretend to be smart.

Ha I am smart I just can't spell.

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Driver that passes you on the highway and then slows down. You keep passing him and he keeps passing you endlessly.

Hahaha I do that. Actually, when someone is tailgating me and gets in the other lane to pass, that's when I speed up to where I'm faster than the car in the other lane, essentially boxing out the other guy.

errand
07-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Bikers that shoot down the center between lanes while the rest of us sit at a standstill during a traffic jam or accident....that and when they race like a banshee out of Hades, but want everyone in a car to stay alert and watch for them.

Kaylore
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
A person cutting you off across a left turn lane is pretty dangerous. It happens so rarely I couldn't vote for it. Now the slow poke who speeds up when you try to pass? There is a special place in hell for those people. Right next the people who pace the car next to them.

jutang
07-20-2012, 08:28 PM
The thing that aggravates me most is the texter who does realize the light turned green 5 seconds ago. I used to wait it out, but now I honk immediately and when they pull the same crap at the next red light I just start honking again.

IHaveALight
07-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Nothing gets to me more than sitting in heavy traffic on the highway and all the other lanes are moving but not mine.

Kaylore
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM

I'm gonna say it too. Women are terrible drivers because they will literally try to do everything and anything but focus on driving when they drive. They're on the phone, yapping to their friend about nothing. They text while they drive and usually end up driving ten miles below the speed limit while they're typing something that is absolutely 100% unnecessary. They don't anticipate their destinations and then when their turn they were too absent-minded to see coming approaches, they scramble across multiple lanes to jam into the turn lane they should have known was coming several minutes ago. At red lights they have the attention span of a six month old, and use those times to dig though their purse, put on makeup, pick at their teeth, look around at literally nothing - anything besides watching the light turn green. When entering into any shopping complex, mini-mall, parking lot and or any intersection without a traffic light, they will slow to a snails pace, looking around confused, or just stop completely at every intersection whether they have to or not because they have no clue what they are doing or how use a car.

maher_tyler
07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm gonna say it too. Women are terrible drivers because they will literally try to do everything and anything but focus on driving when they drive. They're on the phone, yapping to their friend about nothing. They text while they drive and usually end up driving ten miles below the speed limit while they're typing something that is absolutely 100% unnecessary. They don't anticipate their destinations and then when their turn they were too absent-minded to see coming approaches, they scramble across multiple lanes to jam into the turn lane they should have known was coming several minutes ago. At red lights they have the attention span of a six month old, and use those times to dig though their purse, put on makeup, pick at their teeth, look around at literally nothing - anything besides watching the light turn green. When entering into any shopping complex, mini-mall, parking lot and or any intersection without a traffic light, they will slow to a snails pace, looking around confused, or just stop completely at every intersection whether they have to or not because they have no clue what they are doing or how use a car.

Hilarious!

brncs_fan
07-20-2012, 09:24 PM

^This. Seriously, just pick a speed and set your cruise already!

brncs_fan
07-20-2012, 09:27 PM

^5

baja
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
A person cutting you off across a left turn lane is pretty dangerous. It happens so rarely I couldn't vote for it. Now the slow poke who speeds up when you try to pass? There is a special place in hell for those people. Right next the people who pace the car next to them.

It amazes me the number of people here in Cabo that will swing right to make a left turn. It's like they think they need to get a run at it. ;D

baja
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Nothing gets to me more than sitting in heavy traffic on the highway and all the other lanes are moving but not mine.

That would be the lane I am always in and if I change lanes that lane becomes the slow one. If you are ever on the same road as me just pick a lane I am not in you will be fine. ;D

Same goes for check out lines.

But the parking Gods love me... so there is that.

baja
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Who intend to turn left within the next hour or so.

spdirty
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
My worst is the a-holes that tailgate me when the road is snow packed, the driver ahead is going 15 mph, and I'm going downhill with a curve ahead. Shaffers crossing on 285 is where it happens the most.

But those options are all real aggravating. Makes me realize why I should never have a gun with me while driving.

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 09:51 PM

Yes, this made me laugh.

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
My worst is the a-holes that tailgate me when the road is snow packed, the driver ahead is going 15 mph, and I'm going downhill with a curve ahead. Shaffers crossing on 285 is where it happens the most.

But those options are all real aggravating. Makes me realize why I should never have a gun with me while driving.

So this is incredibly stupid, but when I was in high school, I got a squirt gum that looked like a real 9mm and spray painted it black. Kept it in my car just in case somebody pissed me off. Good thing I never whipped it out.

lonestar
07-20-2012, 10:11 PM
you should have put in the option all of the above..

excepting #1 they all piss me off..

The only one that I would report is the moron that changes lanes 8 plus times in traffic zipping through traffic over a short distance.. In fact I have called 911 a few times on this behaviour..

A few times I sped up a bit to get to the next light to wave at him like hey dumb ass I was doing the speed limit and we both got here at the same time..

Have had a few almost go pale when I've done that a few well gave me the finger.. they got the 911 call and reported their Lic number..

Hoping some where that they got a ticket for dumbassery because there was a report of them being reckless..

lonestar
07-20-2012, 10:17 PM

oh many times but made sure they had no other lanes to change into.. All the cars I drive have 4 wheel disc brakes and loads of tread on the ground most have at least 235 in width..

Wonder how many have had to change underwear when they got to work..

A few have tried to switch lanes and get ahead.. most do not get the power of a big V8 or a turbo until they have lost to one..

let the dumb ass think about it for a few minutes.. Once I'm clear of them I get out of the lane and get back down to the speed limit..

spdirty
07-20-2012, 10:19 PM
So this is incredibly stupid, but when I was in high school, I got a squirt gum that looked like a real 9mm and spray painted it black. Kept it in my car just in case somebody pissed me off. Good thing I never whipped it out.

I use to have a '78 Datsun pickup that could backfire on command. Would have a toy gun with me and when someone pissed me off on the road I'd aim it at em and make the truck backfire. It was awesome. Wish I still had that old beater.

lonestar
07-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Just got to drive something they can't beat..

Mine well an Audi turbo A5 quatro, Volvo turbo and then the good old fashion muscle car Mustang GT..

Have yet to be beat out.. had some punk in a souped up civic once you know the kind with a muffler the size of a culvert.. the GT just blew it away..

broncocalijohn
07-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I said being cut off because it happens the most often. It is the driver who pulls out in front of you and doesn't try to speed up with the flow of traffic. You also look in your rear view mirror and notice not one damn car behind you! So he slows everyone down in my lane so he can save about 3 seconds instead of just waiting that 3 seconds until we pass. Morons!
I don't give a **** if a driver is going in and out of traffic as long as he is continuing to flow past everyone. It is when they make you hit your brakes because they cut in your lane too close to you that will piss me off.

lonestar
07-20-2012, 10:36 PM

Gonna up this one ..

all of that and it being a Mexican that for the most part can't read the street signs and is going 45 in the fast lane on the freeway looking all over for something in Spanish..

Now it might not be a problem where y'all live but on the border we have a saying watch out for yellow license plates..

New mexico had Yellow plates and Chihuahua also did the neighboring states to us..

The most dangerous place in EL Paso is the stretch of interstate 10 from the border crossing and Walmart/ Sams shopping center.. and jsut up teh street is a shopping mall..

they have had to change the length of the exits for that area three times in the past five years.. Not sure if the last change wil keep that area from being a parking lot (freeway) during the holidays..

baja
07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RDSW-ybm0mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HighCountryBronco
07-20-2012, 11:11 PM

This one gets my vote, so damn frustrating.

Mogulseeker
07-20-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't know how I feel about three breasts

http://lukewilliamsgossip.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/meet-the-woman-with-theree-boobs.jpg

lonestar
07-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't know how I feel about three breasts

http://lukewilliamsgossip.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/meet-the-woman-with-theree-boobs.jpg

I'd like to have someone check your manhood card.. Before your allowed to post here again..:rofl:

razorwire77
07-20-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd add a new one.

I hate being behind a person who is turning left and while waiting for the green arrow they start to text. The arrow turns green and they don't notice because they are texting. You tap the horn and they still take a second or two to look at the phone again before hitting the gas.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-21-2012, 08:12 AM

Yep. Just enough to make my bumper move and have the brake lights engage. In my mind, it's a warning to back the **** up.

Incidentally, this is why I don't think everyone should have a concealed weapon.

baja
07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Drivers to watch out for and give a wide berth;

Teenagers

cars with very dark windows

Asian drivers

women, especially in SUVs

men leaving bars

anyone texting while driving

anyone reading a newspaper while driving

any car that you see a head with blue hair within the circumference of the steering wheel

Lolad
07-21-2012, 10:41 AM
The thing that pisses me off the most is passing a low car going 5-10 under, once I pass they have an epiphany and want to ride my ass going 9 over

RhymesayersDU
07-21-2012, 10:59 AM
My biggest pet peeve since moving to Denver is the cyclists.

And I'm not anti-bike per se, and I can even deal with them slowing down traffic. I just get nervous around them. If something happens and I can't stop, I could easily kill one of these guys. And while it might not be my "fault" it's not something I'd like to be involved in, obviously.

Turd_Ferguson
07-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I hate it when I'm on a two lane street that is a 35, but its in the middle of nowhere, and should be a 45 (which is what everyone pretty much drives on it anyway) and you get stuck behind an old lady that can barely see over the wheel and is driving 29, which leads to 10 cars piling up behind you, and the whole time you just wanna get home to take a massive dump, and then when she finally turns she slows down to 10 mph before FINALLY getting in the turning lane at the last second, even though the turning lane has been there for the last half mile.... I gotta say drivers over the age of 60 pretty much piss me off in general.

RhymesayersDU
07-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Let me say this in defense of people who speed up when being passed, since it's come up a few times. There's another side to that.

I drive no slower than the speed limit, and in general no more than 10 over. I try to keep it in that reasonable range, mainly to try and not get a ticket. I don't have a radar or anything like that. Anyways, if somebody passes me or a group of cars is passing me by, I feel like I'm an asshole who is holding up traffic, and I never want to be that.

SO, I will increase my speed to keep with traffic. Now I'm not going to intentionally block you from passing, because I'm not a jerk. I'm not one of those idiots who takes getting passed as some insult. But I will increase my speed simply to keep with everybody around me.

RhymesayersDU
07-21-2012, 11:29 AM
One more then I'll stop spamming up the thread:

The bane of my existence is and will forever be the idiots who can't be bothered to pay attention to where they are or the other drivers on the road.

Example:
This gem of a human being will be in the middle lane approaching a light that they need to turn right or left at. So rather than making a mental note to keep going and turn around when it's clear, they simply stop in the middle of the road and throw on the blinker. Their time is clearly more valuable then yours. They don't care that they're stopping everybody behind them, they don't care that they could cause an accident, because they need to change lanes, and clearly it's their world and we're all just living in it.

Conversely, these assholes also like to cruise in turn-only lanes, and then stop that lane to get out of it. They ignored the lines on the street, they ignored the signs, or were just oblivious to them, and now they need to get over. The world better stop, because they need to change lanes!

I try not to get into road rage type behavior, but I will block these assholes whenever possible. I will cut people with out of state plates some slack, because even with GPS a new city can be confusing, you're out of your element, etc. But in-state people I assume know where they're going and should know better. No mercy for them.

montrose
07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
The cyclists riding down the road, especially when there's an open sidewalk available.

bronco militia
07-22-2012, 10:30 AM
all of the above?

what about the dumb **** driving in the left lane below the speed limit talking on the cell phone?

bronco militia
07-22-2012, 10:32 AM
The cyclists riding down the road, especially when there's an open sidewalk available.

lol

cyclist have a death wish, but they are supposed to be riding on the road as far right as possible.

bronco militia
07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMTcbi7UmGo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XMTcbi7UmGo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>