PDA

View Full Version : Classic ESPN NFL Primetime Week Five Of The 1992 Season

Bronco Rob
07-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Those of you that are true diehards immediately know the significance of October 5th, 1992. A certain Linebackers induction into the Ring Of Fame AND perhaps the greatest (non-playoff) game in the AFC West cold war known as Elway vs Chokenheimer. It typified Marty's Roadrunner v Coyote relationship with the G.O.A.T.

Unfortunately you're going to have to skip ahead to the twenty minute mark unless you want to see Bobby Humphries in a Dolphins uniform....heh

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SEtZtJ5tVNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS: chef fan spare me your mnf game of 94. There's nothing significant about a team that played in the AFC Championship the season before beating a team with the 28th ranked defense with a head coach named Wade Phillips.

:thumbs:

WolfpackGuy
07-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Great game the Broncos had no business winning.

I was lucky NBC switched from the awful Bills slaughter of the Pats at the start the 4th quarter.

Smiling Assassin27
07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Heh, the more thing change, the more they stay the same:

Raiders/Chargers: 1-4
Chiefs: 3-2
Broncos: 4-1

Jetmeck
07-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Had 100 bucks bet against five Chef fans for that game. Monday was fun collecting from those guys. They had an ephigy (spelling) of Elway hanging from the ceiling by his neck.

Man-Goblin
07-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I was there. As a youngin I thought it was crazy that some people actually left before the comeback.

Weirdest thing about that clip: We hadn't scored a touchdown in 12 quarters but we were 4-1? WTF?

txtebow
07-20-2012, 05:40 AM
I was there. As a youngin I thought it was crazy that some people actually left before the comeback.

Weirdest thing about that clip: We hadn't scored a touchdown in 12 quarters but we were 4-1? WTF?

Maybe elway had more in common with tebow than he chooses to recognize!;-)

Bronco Rob
07-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Had 100 bucks bet against five Chef fans for that game. Monday was fun collecting from those guys. They had an ephigy (spelling) of Elway hanging from the ceiling by his neck.

I was watching the game in Kansas City with a bunch of chef fan many a bet was placed and with 6:00 minutes left in the game they were trying to collect. I told them juts wait "It ain't over til it's over"..Needless to say at the conclusion of the game I was the only left in the house with a fatter wallet.

canadianbroncosfan
07-22-2012, 03:59 PM

30-0 loss in week 3 and 12-0 W (4 FG) in week 4

extralife
07-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Jerry Rice was pretty good with one hand

that came out wrong

(again)

KCStud
07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Those of you that are true diehards immediately know the significance of October 5th, 1992. A certain Linebackers induction into the Ring Of Fame AND perhaps the greatest (non-playoff) game in the AFC West cold war known as Elway vs Chokenheimer. It typified Marty's Roadrunner v Coyote relationship with the G.O.A.T.

Unfortunately you're going to have to skip ahead to the twenty minute mark unless you want to see Bobby Humphries in a Dolphins uniform....heh

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SEtZtJ5tVNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS: chef fan spare me your mnf game of 94. There's nothing significant about a team that played in the AFC Championship the season before beating a team with the 28th ranked defense with a head coach named Wade Phillips.

Haha Montana beating Elway in his own house at his own game was very significant.

Jetmeck
07-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Haha Montana beating Elway in his own house at his own game was very significant.

Keep choking that chicken................that game was insignificant except for Chef fans. :~ohyah!:

What does that tell ya when that is all you have to hang your hat on for almost the last half century...................