PDA

View Full Version : Interesting FO analysis of playoff chances

Bob's your Information Minister
07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
AFC West sucks, apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/qO3gy.jpg

delany
07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
3 out of the 5 of those are from the NFC.

Somebody has to win the AFC West and make the playoffs. Obviously it won't be the Chiefs, Chargers or Raiders.

huh??
07-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Well, "That's why they play the games", right?:flower:

07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
3 out of the 5 of those are from the NFC.

Somebody has to win the AFC West and make the playoffs. Obviously it won't be the Chiefs, Chargers or Raiders.

Read the whole chart.

It lists NE, PIT, HOU, BUF, BAL, NYJ before it even touches an AFC West team.

Six teams in the AFC have a better chance of making the playoffs than any AFC West team?

:rofl:

delany
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Read the whole chart.

Six teams in the AFC have a better chance of making the playoffs than any AFC West team?

I feel confident that at least 1 team from the AFC West will make the playoffs. I feel just as confident that the team won't be KC, SD or Oakland.

Doggcow
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Chicago????

gyldenlove
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
AFC West sucks, apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/qO3gy.jpg

Interestingly the Colts, Titans, Dolphins, Browns and Jaguars have at most 18.6% chance each of making on average assuming the Raiders and Chargers have 8.1% chance each which is the lowest they could possibly have. That is a big drop behind Kansas City's 40%, I wonder what he bases that on.

On the other hand the NFC teams he lists will only account for 3 of the 5 playoff spots statistically using his odds (he has no teams listed for the NFC West so we can assume those teams have around 25% chance each of making it since one of them has to).

KCStud
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
How are the Bills being rated so high? They aren't winning the division. I just don't buy the hype with that team.

gyldenlove
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Read the whole chart.

So we can add statistics to the long list of things people from Kansas do not understand then.

KCStud
07-18-2012, 08:31 PM
So we can add statistics to the long list of things people from Kansas do not understand then.

Or the long list of smart people from Colorado who don't know that the Kansas City Chiefs are located in Kansas City, Missouri.

DBroncos4life
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Or the long list of smart people from Colorado who don't know that the Kansas City Chiefs are located in Kansas City, Missouri.

It's even better when retards can't read the location of the poster that posted.

gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM
How are the Bills being rated so high? They aren't winning the division. I just don't buy the hype with that team.

I agree. Buffalo is rated too high IMO. So is Atl and phi. I notice SF isn't even up there either

KCStud
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
It's even better when retards can't read the location of the poster that posted.

gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Nope. I don't give two ****s where he's from.

baja
07-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Chicago????

Bears could win it all this year and we will have listen to the Cutler nut huggers for a whole off season.

DBroncos4life
07-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Nope. I don't give two ****s where he's from.

clearly....

KCStud
07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
clearly....

Nope just speaking the truth. Over half of brokeback mountain fans I've met think Arrowhead is in KCK.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Nope just speaking the truth. Over half of brokeback mountain fans I've met think Arrowhead is in KCK.

All those sweaty states are the same.

07-18-2012, 09:07 PM

You're right, I don't understand it.

How do you list six teams from other divisions first when at least one team from the West is going in?

DBroncos4life
07-18-2012, 09:10 PM

The irony of you calling Broncos fans something that was made in ****ing Wyoming.

TD4HOF
07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Because none of the West teams are a clear or even much of a favorite, Dingaling.

gyldenlove
07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
You're right, I don't understand it.

How do you list six teams from other divisions first when at least one team from the West is going in?

6 playoff spots for 16 teams in the AFC, 1 of the 6 must go to the AFC West, that means every team in the AFC West have 25% chance of making it to the playoffs 1 spot divided by 4 teams. That leaves 12 teams not playing in the AFC West fighting for 5 spots, giving each team not in the AFC West 41.7% chance on average to make the playoffs.

All we have to do is assume that the AFC West teams are so bad they have no shot at a wild card.

SoCalBronco
07-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Bears could win it all this year and we will have listen to the Cutler nut huggers for a whole off season.

Oh you'll have to listen alot longer than that. :)

baja
07-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh you'll have to listen alot longer than that. :)

Unfortunately true

enjolras
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Chicago????

Two years removed from an NFC championship game and were going really strong last year until Cutler went down. They're talent rich. I don't see why they won't contend for at least a wildcard.

enjolras
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM

It'll be in spite of Cutler if they do. Still think he'll choke things away when the pressure is on.

orangeatheist
07-18-2012, 09:53 PM
The irony of you calling Broncos fans something that was made in ****ing Wyoming.

I swear, KCCrud is like a dog which takes a crap in the yard, steps away, instantly forgets where it dropped its pile and then walks right back into it.

Amazing.

maher_tyler
07-18-2012, 09:59 PM

He's from Canada...no one gives a **** where KC is located...