Tebow as well.

boltaneer
08-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Tebow as well.

And Andy Dalton.

DBroncos4life
08-03-2012, 05:14 PM
And Andy Dalton.

Flacco too. But if you ask SheepStud KC didn't have a chance to get a QB ever.

boltaneer
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Flacco too. But if you ask SheepStud KC didn't have a chance to get a QB ever.

And T.J. Yates...

KCStud
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Sanchez playoff appearances > Cassell

Sanchez taking over an elite roster in 2009>Cassel taking over a 2-23 roster in 2009

Maybe you should look at things a little closer.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
A lot of Chiefs fans are ****ing mouthbreathers when it comes to Catt Massel.

http://i.imgur.com/wNJJ6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4LFNg.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ZZ4yU.gif

http://i.imgur.com/1ad9A.gif

boltaneer
08-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Sanchez taking over an elite roster in 2009>Cassel taking over a 2-23 roster in 2009

Maybe you should look at things a little closer.

So a quarterback needs a good team around him to win.

Thanks for that news flash. :flower:

KCStud
08-04-2012, 12:17 PM
So a quarterback needs a good team around him to win.

Thanks for that news flash. :flower:

No prob! Considering 2009 was the difference in that statement you made about playoff games, I thought it would help ya out:approve:

Rolandftw
08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
People don't think Matt Cassel sucks because he lacks talent on the Chiefs. On the contrary, they think KC has one of the more talented teams in the league OTHER then the QB position. If Cassel can be even in the 11th-15th range as far as QB's go then KC will be at least relevant.

The problem is most see him in the 25-30 range. I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.

KCStud
08-04-2012, 01:53 PM
People don't think Matt Cassel sucks because he lacks talent on the Chiefs. On the contrary, they think KC has one of the more talented teams in the league OTHER then the QB position. If Cassel can be even in the 11th-15th range as far as QB's go then KC will be at least relevant.

The problem is most see him in the 25-30 range. I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.

Palmer has been an INT machine. He was even before he retired. Plus the Raiders lost some talent. Bush and Wimbley being gone is going to hurt them a lot.

As for Cassel, he was in the 11th-15th range in 2010. If he somehow plays this year like he did in 2010, KC will be a scary team.

Rolandftw
08-04-2012, 02:35 PM
That's debatable. 19th in Passing Yards, YPA. He was efficient at managing a run heavy offense. All of the criticisms that people have of Cassel now, still applied for 2010. You take away Cassel's short reads, contain the running game and he can NOT beat you deep consistently. He will beat the teams he is supposed to for the most part, but has little to no chance of getting wins against the top teams in the league.

Kyle Orton, in three full games with the Chiefs managed to DOUBLE Cassel's amount of wins against playoff teams over a near three year span. And I doubt anyone is going to argue that Kyle Orton is some world beater at the QB position.

KC wins if their defense is dominant at a Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl level. KC is not a scary team unless that is the case, and they can win in spite of their QB.

I agree that Palmer hasn't been good his last 1.5 years in the NFL. And Oakland's defense has lost some important pieces. Still I'd be more worried about losing a shootout with Oakland or San Diego, then I would be Kansas City.

boltaneer
08-04-2012, 03:05 PM
That's debatable. 19th in Passing Yards, YPA. He was efficient at managing a run heavy offense. All of the criticisms that people have of Cassel now, still applied for 2010. You take away Cassel's short reads, contain the running game and he can NOT beat you deep consistently. He will beat the teams he is supposed to for the most part, but has little to no chance of getting wins against the top teams in the league.

Kyle Orton, in three full games with the Chiefs managed to DOUBLE Cassel's amount of wins against playoff teams over a near three year span. And I doubt anyone is going to argue that Kyle Orton is some world beater at the QB position.

KC wins if their defense is dominant at a Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl level. KC is not a scary team unless that is the case, and they can win in spite of their QB.

I agree that Palmer hasn't been good his last 1.5 years in the NFL. And Oakland's defense has lost some important pieces. Still I'd be more worried about losing a shootout with Oakland or San Diego, then I would be Kansas City.

Great post. Agreed with everything here except for Palmer.

Maybe he'll surprise and return to form but honestly, his last great year was 2006 and too many analysts have agreed that his arm is just not what it used to be. I think if he were in a different type of offense, things could be different but it just seems like a bad fit in Oakland.

I think the Chiefs should be a serious playoff team with the team they have built but they're really being held back at the QB position.

boltaneer
08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Palmer has been an INT machine. He was even before he retired. Plus the Raiders lost some talent. Bush and Wimbley being gone is going to hurt them a lot.

As for Cassel, he was in the 11th-15th range in 2010. If he somehow plays this year like he did in 2010, KC will be a scary team.

If Cassel played like he did in 2010, they'd still be a very mediocre team. Good enough to eek out a weak division but no way they could compete with the elite teams.

Agamemnon
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm more worried about the Raiders then the Chiefs. At least Carson Palmer has shown he can play at a top 5 QB level.

That was a long time ago...

peacepipe
08-04-2012, 04:18 PM
That was a long time ago...

yeah,when he had a ligit running game. say what you want about the raiders,but they're no slouch when it comes to running the ball which will help palmer quite a bit.

Rolandftw
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Great post. Agreed with everything here except for Palmer.

Maybe he'll surprise and return to form but honestly, his last great year was 2006 and too many analysts have agreed that his arm is just not what it used to be. I think if he were in a different type of offense, things could be different but it just seems like a bad fit in Oakland.

I think the Chiefs should be a serious playoff team with the team they have built but they're really being held back at the QB position.

Thanks. Yeah, could be overrating Palmer a bit. I do think it was a stupid trade by them considering what they gave up. But think the potential is there for Oakland to have a very dangerous offense. He's probably not going to have the seasons he had in 2005 and 2006, but if he could just cut down on his INT's could be in for a good season.

Obviously, Manning and Rivers should be the class of the division at the QB position

KCStud
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
If Cassel played like he did in 2010, they'd still be a very mediocre team. Good enough to eek out a weak division but no way they could compete with the elite teams.

Well if Cassel throws 27 TD's to only 7 INT's against this schedule, I will be impressed. He beat bad defenses though which seriously padded his stats in 2008 and 2010, so this is probably his last real chance to prove himself.

But you never know what can happen. Did anyone think Alex Smith would do what he did last year? Or that Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to the SB? Or that Jake Delhomme would do the same with the Panthers? Or Brad Johnson with the Buccaneers?

boltaneer
08-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Well if Cassel throws 27 TD's to only 7 INT's against this schedule, I will be impressed. He beat bad defenses though which seriously padded his stats in 2008 and 2010, so this is probably his last real chance to prove himself.

But you never know what can happen. Did anyone think Alex Smith would do what he did last year? Or that Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to the SB? Or that Jake Delhomme would do the same with the Panthers? Or Brad Johnson with the Buccaneers?

So let's get this straight.

You think there's a possibility that Cassel could lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. (If he plays like he did in 2010).

But Sanchez cannot lead his team to a Super Bowl.

But you said they're both the same QB (both need a great team around them).

And Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship games.

Something doesn't add up here.

Jetmeck
08-04-2012, 09:05 PM

First part was dead on right..........bad teams.
Second part was dumb and very presumptuous as in

the Chiefs would need a great defense like those other teams
to DRAG Cassell along for the ride............Chiefs do not have a great or anywhere near that type of defense.

razorwire77
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
As a Bronco fan, I'm a big Cassel guy. He's not quite sucky enough for the Chiefs to nab a top 5 QB in the draft, but just sucky enough to ensure a steady stream of 7-9 ish seasons. Love the guy.

Bacchus
08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
yeah,when he had a ligit running game. say what you want about the raiders,but they're no slouch when it comes to running the ball which will help palmer quite a bit.

Palmer has always been overrated. Even during his two probowl years he was vastly overrated. He was king of yards that do not matter.

KCStud
08-04-2012, 10:06 PM
So let's get this straight.

You think there's a possibility that Cassel could lead the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. (If he plays like he did in 2010).

But Sanchez cannot lead his team to a Super Bowl.

But you said they're both the same QB (both need a great team around them).

And Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship games.

Something doesn't add up here.

I don't think that Cassel can lead the Chiefs to the SB until he starts winning in the playoffs (if he does). He has a hell of a lot to prove. The point was that bad QB's have gone to the SB before.

boltaneer
08-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't think that Cassel can lead the Chiefs to the SB until he starts winning in the playoffs (if he does). He has a hell of a lot to prove. The point was that bad QB's have gone to the SB before.

But you said Sanchez won't lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I don't understand your contradictions.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 01:42 AM
But you said Sanchez won't lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I don't understand your contradictions.

In my opinion he won't, but average QB's have led teams to SB's before, so it's not impossible for a game manager like him or Cassel to do it.

Agamemnon
08-05-2012, 01:55 AM

A lack of a running game hasn't even been close to one of the reasons Palmer has sucked for the last half-decade.

boltaneer
08-05-2012, 12:38 PM
In my opinion he won't, but average QB's have led teams to SB's before, so it's not impossible for a game manager like him or Cassel to do it.

You'd have a great career as a politician.

Mediator12
08-05-2012, 12:50 PM
In my opinion he won't, but average QB's have led GREAT teams to SB's before, so it's not impossible for a game manager like him or Cassel to do it.

Fixed that for you.

Sometimes the player makes the team (Peyton Manning) or the team makes the Player (Trent Dilfer, Mark Sanchez, or Joe Flacco).

KC is a solid team with NO QB worth a crap. They have been that way since my friend Trent Green retired. No amount of posturing or spin can change that fact.

Rolandftw
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM

It's not impossible if KC has a truly dominant defense. Even still, if they are on the field for too long it's going to wear them down. It really doesn't have much to do with Cassel, but with how KC's defense is.

Also, the rules favor the offense more so then in even the past ten years... so much harder to build that dominant defense you speak of

KCStud
08-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Fixed that for you.

Sometimes the player makes the team (Peyton Manning) or the team makes the Player (Trent Dilfer, Mark Sanchez, or Joe Flacco).

KC is a solid team with NO QB worth a crap. They have been that way since my friend Trent Green retired. No amount of posturing or spin can change that fact.

But yet Alex Smith almost took the 49ers to the SB? And Rex Grossman took the Bears to the SB? I think Cassel is just as good as those 2 on a team with a good surrounding.

boltaneer
08-05-2012, 04:35 PM
The difference is, Alex Smith, just like Mark Sanchez stepped it up in the playoffs.

Cassel shriveled up into a fetal position.

Grossman was an aberration. He was totally carried by that defense and Devin Hester.

DENVERDUI55
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
But yet Alex Smith almost took the 49ers to the SB? And Rex Grossman took the Bears to the SB? I think Cassel is just as good as those 2 on a team with a good surrounding.

Go back through the past 20 Superbowls and tell me how many Cassel like QBs there were? Not many! Brees/Manning, Rogers/BigBen, Manning/Brady x 2, Warner/BigBen is a quick start. KC isn't doing anything with the trash they have at the most important position in all of sports.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Go back through the past 20 Superbowls and tell me how many Cassel like QBs there were? Not many! Brees/Manning, Rogers/BigBen, Manning/Brady x 2, Warner/BigBen is a quick start. KC isn't doing anything with the trash they have at the most important position in all of sports.

Rex Grossman? Jake Delhomme? Brad Johnson?

KCStud
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
The difference is, Alex Smith, just like Mark Sanchez stepped it up in the playoffs.

Cassel shriveled up into a fetal position.

Grossman was an aberration. He was totally carried by that defense and Devin Hester.

So a QB should be judged on a performance in only one playoff game?

KCStud
08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
You guys wanna see an awful QB with a huge contract who can't win anything?

Turn it to the Hall of Fame game.

DENVERDUI55
08-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Brad Johnson has done a lot more than Cassel. The other two guys played on teams with great D's and did they beat the franchise QB they went up against?

KCStud
08-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Brad Johnson has done a lot more than Cassel. The other two guys played on teams with great D's and did they beat the franchise QB they went up against?

Brad Johnson was an average QB and made it to the SB like the other QB's. So other average QB's can't?

DENVERDUI55
08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Brad Johnson was an average QB and made it to the SB like the other QB's. So other average QB's can't?

2 time probowler, SB winner, completed over 60 percent of his passes for his career. While he wasn't a franchise guy he was a good QB that is a lot better than Cassel is for sure.

DivineLegion
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Rex= Historicly good Defense and Special teams.

Delhome= Great Defense, Special teams (HeHateMe), and running game. FWIW Delhome has completed around 60% of his passes for most of his career.

Brad Johnson= one of the best defenses in the modern era, plus a great ground game.

Question: Do you have two of the three prerequisite categories listed above? If so be my guest in explaining how you are going to overcome your sorry QB.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Rex= Historicly good Defense and Special teams.

Delhome= Great Defense, Special teams (HeHateMe), and running game. FWIW Delhome has completed around 60% of his passes for most of his career.

Brad Johnson= one of the best defenses in the modern era, plus a great ground game.

Question: Do you have two of the three prerequisite categories listed above? If so be my guest in explaining how you are going to overcome your sorry QB.

Well I think KC does have a very talented team that should be top 10 in rushing and defense, along with some good weapons.
We saw what SF did last year with a QB who was in the same boat as Cassel. Why can't it happen again?

KCStud
08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
In this day and age, when QB's like Alex Smith, TJ Yates, and Mark Sanchez have won playoff games despite their bad performances, anything can happen.

Cassel is just as good of a QB as those 3.

boltaneer
08-05-2012, 08:57 PM
In this day and age, when QB's like Alex Smith, TJ Yates, and Mark Sanchez have won playoff games despite their bad performances, anything can happen.

Cassel is just as good of a QB as those 3.

But he's not.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
But he's not.

Despite Cassel throwing more TD's in a season than all of them? Or having a better completion percentage and QB rating than Smith and Sanchez? C'mon man.

El Jué
08-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't think that Cassel can lead the Chiefs to the SB until he starts winning in the playoffs...

Now this is insightful football analysis. So your theory is that he has to win playoff games before the Super Bowl?

Why do you give away this kind of knowledge for free?

Kaylore
08-05-2012, 09:31 PM
But he's not.

Alex Smith out-dueled Drew Brees. Mark Sanchez has been pretty clutch making some big time throws when the Jets needed them, throwing to some horrible talent.

I wouldn't say either is elite, but they are a few steps above Matt Casserole, for sure. I've never seen Casserole "win" a game for them.

When you factor the offensive talent coaching ability of Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll, things get uglier.

I've already talked about Crennell's winning percentage as good if it were a MLB batting average for a middle-lineup player.

Daboll is a freaking joke.

On the Dolphins he coached them up to 20th in points
On his two years with the Browns, 09-10, Daboll led an offense that finished both years 30th and 29th points (31st and 32nd in yardage).

Before that he was the QB coach of the New York Jets for two years. They also happened to be one of the two worst years of both Chad Pennington and Brett Favre's careers, statistically.

So Matt sucks, but even if he had some degree of talent, that coaching staff isn't going to be able to get it out of him.

KCStud
08-05-2012, 09:34 PM
But he's not.

And what about Matt Hasselback, who was 0-2 in the playoffs before having success? Mark Sanchez is an awful QB that has benefited from having an outstanding supporting cast surrounding him.

To say Cassel can't win in the playoffs because of one bad game is retarded. There needs to be more proof of him not doing well in the playoffs.

As for Pioli, he has tried to bring in a franchise QB into the building. He tried to get Manning. He tried to trade up for RG3. And I think he'll try even more. Pioli hasn't had a chance to get a real franchise QB since he's been in KC. When he does I think he'll pull the trigger.

boltaneer
08-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Despite Cassel throwing more TD's in a season than all of them? Or having a better completion percentage and QB rating than Smith and Sanchez? C'mon man.

What? I can't have an opinion?

I don't love any of them but I'd take Smith and Sanchez over Cassel based on how they've performed in big games.

You'd take Cassel over them because you're a homer.

It's all good.

Rolandftw
08-05-2012, 11:58 PM
And what about Matt Hasselback, who was 0-2 in the playoffs before having success? Mark Sanchez is an awful QB that has benefited from having an outstanding supporting cast surrounding him.

To say Cassel can't win in the playoffs because of one bad game is retarded. There needs to be more proof of him not doing well in the playoffs.

As for Pioli, he has tried to bring in a franchise QB into the building. He tried to get Manning. He tried to trade up for RG3. And I think he'll try even more. Pioli hasn't had a chance to get a real franchise QB since he's been in KC. When he does I think he'll pull the trigger.

Sanchez is also a young QB, that in theory, could still improve as a player.

Cassel had three years to "learn" the NFL game, and 4 years as the starting QB. If he hasn't got it by now, he probably isn't going to.

It's not that he "can't win in the playoffs," as much as he "can't beat anybody good." A 1-9 record against teams that made the playoffs, with his lone win being against the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.

Again, Kyle Orton doubled Cassel's win total with the Chiefs against playoff teams over a near 3 year span--in 3 games. Kyle Freaking Orton. Even a QB at his level would make the Chiefs a more dangerous team.

KC will be a good team this year defensively, but not at the level of San Francisco. And from a rushing standpoint, it is not likely Charles returns to his 2010 form next season. Will likely be around 2013 before he's close to that.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Sanchez is also a young QB, that in theory, could still improve as a player.

Cassel had three years to "learn" the NFL game, and 4 years as the starting QB. If he hasn't got it by now, he probably isn't going to.

It's not that he "can't win in the playoffs," as much as he "can't beat anybody good." A 1-9 record against teams that made the playoffs, with his lone win being against the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.

Again, Kyle Orton doubled Cassel's win total with the Chiefs against playoff teams over a near 3 year span--in 3 games. Kyle Freaking Orton. Even a QB at his level would make the Chiefs a more dangerous team.

KC will be a good team this year defensively, but not at the level of San Francisco. And from a rushing standpoint, it is not likely Charles returns to his 2010 form next season. Will likely be around 2013 before he's close to that.

Your stats are wrong. Cassel has beaten a Miami Dolphins team that made the playoffs. I'm not sure if he's beaten another one, but that one came to mind.
So I guess your whole Orton theory is off.

As for Cassel learning, in his 4 years as a starter, he's had 3 head coaches and a 4 offensive coordinators. He's literally learned a new system every single season. Cassel has had his team at double digits wins in 2 of the 4 years and last year he had the Chiefs tied for 1st place in the division the week that he got hurt.

I'm not saying he's a franchise QB, but other aspects should be noted. I don't think that many QB's can just learn entirely new systems every single year and look fantastic.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Actually correct that, Cassel has had 5 offensive coordinators/coaches running the show in 4 years.

In 2009 he had Chan Gailey for OTA's and training camp, then Haley fired him and wanted things ran his way right before week 1.

Rolandftw
08-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Your stats are wrong. Cassel has beaten a Miami Dolphins team that made the playoffs. I'm not sure if he's beaten another one, but that one came to mind.
So I guess your whole Orton theory is off.

I'm not referencing his games with the Patriots, as they're not very relevant.. unless you feel KC has a similar team to that team. I think if you put Cassel on a 16-0 type team with one of the greatest coaches of all time, he can win a few games for you. But that's true for basically almost any QB in the league

The Chiefs aren't that team tho. Agreed that the coordinator changes hasn't helped Cassel out much.

DivineLegion
08-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Well I think KC does have a very talented team that should be top 10 in rushing and defense, along with some good weapons.
We saw what SF did last year with a QB who was in the same boat as Cassel. Why can't it happen again?

Top ten isn't going to cut. You have to be #1 or 2 overall in defense if you want to amount to the success of those three teams. The Panthers were #2 in defense after 03, the Bucs were #1, and so were the Bears. Remember the Bucs were the only team out of the three to win, and that can be attributed to good QB play from Johnson. The Bears had a pitiful offense, but Devin Hester and the Defense managed enough points to get that team to the Super Bowl. The Panthers running game and defense got them to the big show, but in the end proved lacking against a dominant Patriots team.

The 49ers last year fell victim to the same flaws that brought down the previously mentioned contenders. In the playoffs, a good defense can only carry you as far as the opposing offenses mistakes. This has become the new trend in a pass dominated league. It's a lot harder to force mistakes in a league that puts so much emphasis on the QB, and receiver. Disrupting timing, and "making QBs pay" are archaic notions now. To counter balance this you have to be able to match the offensive production you allow, hence the importance of an accurate QB. Alex Smith could make plays happen, but when it counted on third down he failed. Give a QB like Brees, Manningx2, Brady, Rogers, or Ben the ball with a min 20 left in a game, and your done.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Alex Smith out-dueled Drew Brees.

Lol you're so dumb.

Smith had 3 TD's and 300 yards. Brees had 4 TD's and 462. That sure is out-dueling him! Hilarious!

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm not referencing his games with the Patriots, as they're not very relevant.. unless you feel KC has a similar team to that team. I think if you put Cassel on a 16-0 type team with one of the greatest coaches of all time, he can win a few games for you. But that's true for basically almost any QB in the league

The Chiefs aren't that team tho. Agreed that the coordinator changes hasn't helped Cassel out much.

Why is it not relevant? Because the team was talented?
This is by far the best team he's had in KC. It has talent to help him succeed. In 2009, it was known that the team was just awful talent wise and there was no way for any QB to succeed. Last year he lost his receiver with the best hands (Moeaki) and a RB that averaged 6+ YPC (Charles) and he still had the team in first place the week he got hurt.

I agree that he needs to beat good teams, but saying he was only good because of being with good teams, but discounting his average play on bad teams is foolish.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
This is by far the best team he's had in KC. It has talent to help him succeed. In 2009, it was known that the team was just awful talent wise and there was no way for any QB to succeed. Last year he lost his receiver with the best hands (Moeaki) and a RB that averaged 6+ YPC (Charles) and he still had the team in first place the week he got hurt.

I agree that he needs to beat good teams, but saying he was only good because of being with good teams, but discounting his average play on bad teams is foolish.

That's like the Jets crying about Dustin Keller getting hurt. Hilarious!

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:16 PM
That's like the Jets crying about Dustin Keller getting hurt. Hilarious!

Or the Broncos fans crying about Von Miller being hurt....

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Or the Broncos fans crying about Von Miller being hurt....

Oh so Miller is average? LOLROFL!Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Moeaki will never be any better then Dustin Keller. Stop trying to make him better then anything other then that.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh so Miller is average? LOLROFL!Hilarious!

You just kinda make this stuff up as you go huh?

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Oh **** are YOU really saying this. Hilarious!ROFL!LOL

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh **** are YOU really saying this. Hilarious!ROFL!LOL

I present facts. You present emoticons. Are you a woman by chance?

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Moeaki is average at best so crying about him being out is funny. Miller is a star so him not being able to play is a huge deal. That is facts.

KCStud
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Moeaki is average at best so crying about him being out is funny. Miller is a star so him not being able to play is a huge deal. That is facts.

Moeaki had a solid rookie year and proved to have outstanding hands a was an above average blocker. Showed a lot of promise.

You saying he is average after only one season is funny

DBroncos4life
08-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Moeaki had a solid rookie year and proved to have outstanding hands a was an above average blocker. Showed a lot of promise.

He looked a lot like Dustin Keller to me.

Rolandftw
08-06-2012, 10:55 PM

It's not relevant because KC doesn't have near the team that New England had in 2008.

I'm not arguing that Cassel would fail to be decent if he was surrounded with the Patriots talent. I'm arguing that the deck is stacked against KC if they have around the 9th-11th ranked defense, with Cassel as the QB. And I'm not arguing that KC couldn't win a mediocre division with Cassel (although I don't think it's mediocre this year)

Obviously if KC has the top ranked defense, KC would be relevant as far as the Super Bowl goes. Losing Moeaki hurt, but he was an injury prone player throughout his career in Iowa, so really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that he got hurt.

Charles injury was huge obviously. Not just for last year, but it's likely going to be 2013 before he's close to what he was before the injury.

And KC being in first place the week before he hurt had a lot more to do with the division he was playing in then Cassel "leading" KC anywhere.

Far as KC having the more talent then in 2010, guess we'll see. I still see some glaring depth problems that could really negatively impact KC's team. really need the corners to stay healthy, Routt to return to his 2010 form, Bowe to be a quick learner/pray he stayed in moderated shape, Charles to return to form, Hillis being less of a retard then he is normally.. among other factors. As much as Manning is a question mark for the Broncos, I'd say KC has just as many question marks if not more.

Jetmeck
08-07-2012, 03:19 AM
DUD................your home town bias is showing.

KC has more questions than answers.

Irish Stout
08-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Is no one else allowed to play by your rules?

Rabb
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM

I am probably the biggest Iowa homer on this board and hated seeing him go to KC...watched him extensively in college. To claim he looked anything more than average right now is laughable.

/waiting for you to blame it on Cassel

DENVERDUI55
08-07-2012, 08:46 AM

No you spit cherrypicked stats.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Top ten isn't going to cut. You have to be #1 or 2 overall in defense if you want to amount to the success of those three teams. The Panthers were #2 in defense after 03, the Bucs were #1, and so were the Bears. Remember the Bucs were the only team out of the three to win, and that can be attributed to good QB play from Johnson. The Bears had a pitiful offense, but Devin Hester and the Defense managed enough points to get that team to the Super Bowl. The Panthers running game and defense got them to the big show, but in the end proved lacking against a dominant Patriots team.

The 49ers last year fell victim to the same flaws that brought down the previously mentioned contenders. In the playoffs, a good defense can only carry you as far as the opposing offenses mistakes. This has become the new trend in a pass dominated league. It's a lot harder to force mistakes in a league that puts so much emphasis on the QB, and receiver. Disrupting timing, and "making QBs pay" are archaic notions now. To counter balance this you have to be able to match the offensive production you allow, hence the importance of an accurate QB. Alex Smith could make plays happen, but when it counted on third down he failed. Give a QB like Brees, Manningx2, Brady, Rogers, or Ben the ball with a min 20 left in a game, and your done.

yah, wrong. The pats barely beat the Panthers in the SB and that was with them taping the panthers walk throughs.

KCStud
08-07-2012, 10:13 AM
It's not relevant because KC doesn't have near the team that New England had in 2008.

I'm not arguing that Cassel would fail to be decent if he was surrounded with the Patriots talent. I'm arguing that the deck is stacked against KC if they have around the 9th-11th ranked defense, with Cassel as the QB. And I'm not arguing that KC couldn't win a mediocre division with Cassel (although I don't think it's mediocre this year)

Obviously if KC has the top ranked defense, KC would be relevant as far as the Super Bowl goes. Losing Moeaki hurt, but he was an injury prone player throughout his career in Iowa, so really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that he got hurt.

Charles injury was huge obviously. Not just for last year, but it's likely going to be 2013 before he's close to what he was before the injury.

And KC being in first place the week before he hurt had a lot more to do with the division he was playing in then Cassel "leading" KC anywhere.

Far as KC having the more talent then in 2010, guess we'll see. I still see some glaring depth problems that could really negatively impact KC's team. really need the corners to stay healthy, Routt to return to his 2010 form, Bowe to be a quick learner/pray he stayed in moderated shape, Charles to return to form, Hillis being less of a retard then he is normally.. among other factors. As much as Manning is a question mark for the Broncos, I'd say KC has just as many question marks if not more.

The thing you guys need to realize with Charles is that he isn't going to be used a ton like a lot of extra players. If he has 1,000 yards and breaks some nice runs consistently through the year I'm happy. The Chiefs were 15th in rushing last year with McCluster and Battle. It won't be hard to be better than that.
The biggest upgrade Hillis brings is his ability to get tough yards. Thomas Jones sucked at that and we desperately needed an upgrade in that area.

Will Peyton Manning be the old QB to throw 30 TD's this year? Will the offense gel with an extremely tough first half? Can the Broncos stop the run consistently with DMC and Charles coming back? Is the offense line gonna prove they can protect Manning after Clady and Franklin struggled last year and Harris coming off of injury?

The entire division has an abundance of questions. Not just the Chiefs.

Rabb
08-07-2012, 10:14 AM
The thing you guys need to realize with Charles is that he isn't going to be used a ton like a lot of extra players. If he has 1,000 yards and breaks some nice runs consistently through the year I'm happy. The Chiefs were 15th in rushing last year with McCluster and Battle. It won't be hard to be better than that.
The biggest upgrade Hillis brings is his ability to get tough yards. Thomas Jones sucked at that and we desperately needed an upgrade in that area.

Will Peyton Manning be the old QB to throw 30 TD's this year? Will the offense gel with an extremely tough first half? Can the Broncos stop the run consistently with DMC and Charles coming back? Is the offense line gonna prove they can protect Manning after Clady and Franklin struggled last year and Harris coming off of injury?

I actually agree with this, I feel dirty

DivineLegion
08-07-2012, 10:30 AM
yah, wrong. The pats barely beat the Panthers in the SB and that was with them taping the panthers walk throughs.

They went 14-2 in the regular season with the top scoring defense, and 7th ranked scoring offense. Spygate or not that was a dominant team.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
They went 14-2 in the regular season with the top scoring defense, and 7th ranked scoring offense. Spygate or not that was a dominant team.

fair enough but they did not dominate the Panthers in the SB. They squeaked by. You made it sound like the Pats dominated the Panthers, perhaps I misread your post.

Rolandftw
08-07-2012, 02:44 PM

I'd be shocked if he had more then 700 yards. History is completely against him here.

Hillis is a fumble machine. Really doubt that changes.

Most of your question marks revolve around Manning. Behind a pro style offense, doubt there will be any protection problems. Running game minus Tebow is a big question mark tho

KCStud
08-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd be shocked if he had more then 700 yards. History is completely against him here.

Hillis is a fumble machine. Really doubt that changes.

Most of your question marks revolve around Manning. Behind a pro style offense, doubt there will be any protection problems. Running game minus Tebow is a big question mark tho

I think Charles will get 700 yards, unless he gets hurt again like last year.

I'm not sure why people think Hillis is a fumble machine. He had trouble fumbling in one of his four years in the league.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Charles will get 700 yards, unless he gets hurt again like last year.

I'm not sure why people think Hillis is a fumble machine. He had trouble fumbling in one of his four years in the league.

It's hard to fumble when you are on IR with a sore throat.

KCStud
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
It's hard to fumble when you are on IR with a sore throat.

Yeah or a sprained vagina like Moreno

DBroncos4life
08-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah or a sprained vagina like Moreno

Unless it's vs KC then he has career games.

Rolandftw
08-07-2012, 06:20 PM

It has something to do with him fumbling a lot. On his only decent season.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Today in Chiefs news.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/323860_442500012439582_2112648043_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/327684_442623779093872_636489844_o.jpg

KCStud
08-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Unless it's vs KC then he has career games.

The Broncos Super Bowl!!!

brncs_fan
08-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Hardly, we tend to win playoff games from time to time. It's just fun to watch Broncos backs torch your defense since it seems to happen so often.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2012, 06:53 PM

So dumb.

DENVERDUI55
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM
I think SD is going to be around 11 wins looking at who they still get to play. Getting Tennessee and NYJ is huge compared to NE and Houston.

jerseyboiler120
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
SD hard to figure at this point. They haven't played anyone. Tomorrow's game with Atlanta will show us more of who SD is, but I'm giving them 10 W's based on easier schedule than we have.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Lucky for SD, the away team that just played on MNF tend to not only fail at covering the spread but lose the game. Good betting item if you are into that. Bad for us as Broncos fans wanting the Chargers to start sucking eggs. Too bad for me the game is blacked out in SoCal...losers!

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Aside from Peyton and Decker, the Broncos offense is average. The OL problems were hidden by switching to the option and the DL has trouble stopping the run.

I don't think DEN is the clear cut favorites simply because they have Manning.

The way to beat Manning is to play good defense and run the ball.

Last year KC was 11th in total offense, 12th in points given up and 6th in pass defense without Eric Berry. There is no reason to think KC won't have a top 10 defense, especially with Romeo (who has always been able to frustrate Manning).

I think KC will return to a top 10 rushing attack as well. Last year we were middle of the pack with MCCluster and Battle. Our new OC has been very good setting up the running game. In Cleveland he unleashed Peyton Hillis in 2010. Then last year he had a great running game with Reggie Bush and a the rookie from K-State. With 2 of the best run blockers in at OT, KC should have success running the ball.

I think KC and DEN will battle it out and the last game of the season could determine who wins the division.

Of course Cassel is the question. But if he plays like he did in 2010 (27 TD's/7INT's) KC is winning the division. We'll see how likely that is though.

This is a great reread and there is so much FAIL by the board whipping boy KCPUD.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM

Ha! Crap you were right he isn't even average.

Moeaki stats after 7 games played 14 catches 151 yards.
Keller stats after 4 games played 16 catches 173 yards and a TD.

More proof Moeaki is over rated.

KCStud
10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Ha! Crap you were right he isn't even average.

Moeaki stats after 7 games played 14 catches 151 yards.
Keller stats after 4 games played 16 catches 173 yards and a TD.

More proof Moeaki is over rated.

Moeaki doesn't have a QB you stupid ****ing moron.
Jesus you are dumb as ****.

Btw-I see Charles will get past the 700 yard mark. But I thought he was gonna be teh suck because of his knee?

Where is Gaylore's comments about how Justin Houston sucks? Awesome!ROFL!

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 06:43 PM

Btw-I see Charles will get past the 700 yard mark. But I thought he was gonna be teh suck because of his knee?

You should just stay out of this thread with all your awful comments that are so inaccurate.

DBroncos4life
10-31-2012, 06:48 PM
You should just stay out of this thread with all your awful comments that are so inaccurate.

Is that tool bag making a case for Sanchez as a better QB then Cassel? ROFL!LOL

Sanchez is nowhere near worth the 4th overall pick. Not anywhere near it. And while Tyson Jackson isn't either, his position is nowhere near as a determining factor as Sanchez' is.

Sanchez is essentially the same QB as Cassel. They're QB's that have to have everything around them be perfect for them to succeed.

The difference is the Jets were gave up picks to move up to #4 overall to draft the guy.

If I'm drafting a QB at #4, I'd rather it not be a QB with huge question marks surrounding him.

KCStud
10-31-2012, 06:48 PM

You shouldn't post in any thread. You compared Jake Plummer to Joe Montana. Wow! LOL

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 07:03 PM
You shouldn't post in any thread. You compared Jake Plummer to Joe Montana. Wow! LOL

Your comprehension is awful. I was pointing out limited Qbs can like Plummer can win playoff games with good defense and running game. That is was Montana did in KC and I wasnt comparing the two. Show me how I compared them? Bill Walsh did I did not just pointed out how they both won playoff games in same manner.

KCStud
10-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Your comprehension is awful. I was pointing out limited Qbs can like Plummer can win playoff games with good defense and running game. That is was Montana did in KC and I wasnt comparing the two. Show me how I compared them? Bill Walsh did I did not just pointed out how they both won playoff games in same manner.

Comparisons of ANY kind between those 2 are laughable. You're stupidity is laughable.

Montana threw these things called TD's. And against good defenses. Plummer didn't.

Trying to say Montana wasn't a big reason why the Chiefs beat Buddy Ryan's defense is beyong stupid. But go ahead. Montana did nothing. I'm sure his 3 TD's and 300 yards meant nothing that day.

Kaylore
10-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm willing to admit when I was wrong. And I was definitely wrong. There is no way in hell the Chiefs win 4 games, let alone 9.

baja
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM

One of the best games I've seen was Elway going against Montana in KC. The lead went back and forth, back and forth with Montana finally coming out on top in a heart breaker for Bronco fans.

Kaylore
10-31-2012, 07:56 PM
After looking at my prediction, I'm going to revise it. I think the Chargers probably can poop out 7-9 maybe 8-8. I think the Chiefs finish 3-13. And the Raiders take second place in the division at 8-8. Allen has reduced their penalties and they aren't playing defense from 1960 anymore.

Broncos I will stick to 10-6. I figure we drop at least one game we should win but close out strong.

Mogulseeker
10-31-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm willing to admit when I was wrong. And I was definitely wrong. There is no way in hell the Chiefs win 4 games, let alone 9.

Same here. By all objective accounts, the Chiefs are a very bad football team.

DENVERDUI55
10-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Comparisons of ANY kind between those 2 are laughable. You're stupidity is laughable.

Montana threw these things called TD's. And against good defenses. Plummer didn't.

Trying to say Montana wasn't a big reason why the Chiefs beat Buddy Ryan's defense is beyong stupid. But go ahead. Montana did nothing. I'm sure his 3 TD's and 300 yards meant nothing that day.

I noticed how you left out Montana's 2 ints and the chiefs 7 FF and 9 sacks that the defense recorded. You compared Montana to Manning at this stage of their careers and it isn't even close. Cherry pick away little pud.

NUB
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
After looking at my prediction, I'm going to revise it. I think the Chargers probably can poop out 7-9 maybe 8-8. I think the Chiefs finish 3-13. And the Raiders take second place in the division at 8-8. Allen has reduced their penalties and they aren't playing defense from 1960 anymore.

Broncos I will stick to 10-6. I figure we drop at least one game we should win but close out strong.

I'm in the same boat. On paper, the Chiefs are a fairly talented team. They're just so badly lacking in the two most important positions -- head coach and quarterback -- that it is infecting everything else. I've watched a number of their games lately and it's atrocious; like a portal to 1980s-style football. Dan Reeves' reincarnate with a gutless QB is a recipe for disaster. Charles is a very, very talented running-back, but he isn't a god. Teams are stacking that box like the Chiefs run game owes them money.

They might be one of the worst overall teams in NFL history right now.

Br0nc0Buster
11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
The raiders are walking away with the division and would have done so last year if they were healthy last season. With a healthy DMC and C Palmer their isn't a team in the AFc West stopping them. ( what has DMc averaged against the Broncos )

The Raiders without a doubt have the best offense in the division(should be a top five offense) . They have so many explosive weapons on offense. Three Rbs that can score from anywhere whether it a pass or run( DMC, M Goodson and taiwan jones) , the best Wr corp(not single wr but as group) D Moore, Jacoby Ford , DHB and Now Juron Criner blows away what anyone else has in the division. a Fb Marcel reece no one in divison can match. Eeven at Te ( this TE friendly offense) Ausberry 6'4 265 sub 4.5 and D gordon 6'4 265 4.63 are freak athletes. The Raiders at worst have the second best oline and case could be made that it might be the best.

holy ****

uplink
11-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks like its a two horse race now for the AFC West, Denver and San Diego. If both teams win next week and then if the chargers beat Denver in two weeks, I believe San Diego would lead the division based on tie breakers for the best record against the AFC. Also they would have won 4 division games vs. only two by the broncos. So the chargers are still a threat.

peacepipe
11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Looks like its a two horse race now for the AFC West, Denver and San Diego. If both teams win next week and then if the chargers beat Denver in two weeks, I believe San Diego would lead the division based on tie breakers for the best record against the AFC. Also they would have won 4 division games vs. only two by the broncos. So the chargers are still a threat.that's a big IF ,considering how well the bucs are playing.

boltaneer
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
The race if already over. Losing the Denver game a few weeks ago buried this team. Seeya division title and seeya Norv.

HILife
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM

1 - 7

Kaylore
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
The race if already over. Losing the Denver game a few weeks ago buried this team. Seeya division title and seeya Norv.

You're only one game back, but I do prefer our final stretch to yours.

You still have to play at New York, at Pittsburgh and come here. You also get the Ravens, Bengals and Panthers at home. Honestly if you guys only won 2 or 3 of those, I wouldn't be totally shocked.

Rock Chalk
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs
Last season: 7-9

Veteran Additions: QB Brady Quinn, RB Peyton Hillis, TE Kevin Boss, OT Eric Winston, DE/DT Ropati Pitoitua, CB Stanford Routt, HC Romeo Crennel (promoted).

Offseason Losses: QB Kyle Orton, RB Jackie Battle, FB Le'Ron McClain, TE Leonard Pope, OT Barry Richardson, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Wallace Gilberry, NT Kelly Gregg, CB Brandon Carr, S Jon McGraw, HC Todd Haley.

Draft Picks:

Round 1: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Round 2: Jeff Allen OT Illinois
Round 3: Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma
Round 4: Devon Wylie WR Fresno St.
Round 5: DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama
Round 6: Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
Round 7: Jerom Long DT San Diego St
Round 7: Junior Hemingway WR Michigan

Schedule:
Sept. 9 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
Sept. 16 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.
Sept. 23 at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m.
Sept. 30 San Diego Chargers 1 p.m.
Oct. 7 Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.
Oct. 14 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
Oct. 21 BYE
Oct. 28 Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m.
Nov. 1 at San Diego Chargers (Thurs.) 8:20 p.m.
Nov. 12 at Pittsburgh Steelers (Mon.) 8:30 p.m.
Nov. 18 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.
Nov. 25 Denver Broncos 1 p.m.
Dec. 2 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
Dec. 9 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m.
Dec. 16 at Oakland Raiders 4:15 p.m.
Dec. 23 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
Dec. 30 at Denver Broncos 4:15 p.m.

Analysis: The Chiefs started the season with some terrible luck with season ending injuries to their star running back Jamaal Charles, safety Eric Berry and their emerging tight end Tony Moeaki. Despite this, they still managed to 15th in rushing and 11th in total defense. With all three returning this season, it’s reasonable to assume they will continue improve on that this season. They have a solid special teams unit with the 8th best punt return average in the NFL and opponents had the fourth fewest kickoff return yards against them. I was a big fan of the way they threw a bunch of picks at offensive line. As an outsider, I would like to see the Chiefs go back to having arguably the best offensive line in the NFL the way they were in the early 2000. They also drafted Cyrus Gray, a big bruising back am sad to say I was a big fan of, and could be a perfect complement to Charles. Currently Bowe is holding out and it is looking likely he is willing to pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out the first ten games of the season. Steve Breston is a more than Solid number two but not a true number one and will not be able to fill that role. Jonathan Baldwin had a disappointing rookie year and hopes to improve going forward. It was pointed out to me that Baldwin was ranked 95th worst in drops last season. That doesn’t bode well for his transition.
The Chiefs were 24th in passing offense and were third in fewest passing touchdowns thrown last year. This of course is because of their biggest weakness, Matt Cassel. Cassel is woefully average, and while it could be worse, it will not be much better. Romeo Crenel took over and was able to get them a couple of late wins, but his career .350 winning percentage is essentially terrible.

Prediction 9-7: The Chiefs are the sexy pick to win the division. Technically, with the schedule the AFC West has this year, 9-7 could win it. I don’t believe they will, though. If the Chiefs get back to a ground game that is strong, they will be able to protect Cassel and lean on their defense. They have a team that could beat anyone if a few things go well. I correctly picked them to beat the Packers last year. This year I think losing Wiegman and getting two rookie tackles (wherever they play) means some transition on the offensive line. Unfortunately their schedule is absolutely brutal, and will require better QB play than they are capable of mustering. Against teams like the Saints, Ravens and Steelers, Cassel just does not have the ability to fire back if they get in a shoot-out. They also were tied for third fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Hali is basically a one man show, without any help it is less likely they get the stops they need to in critical situations. The deal-breaker for me is Crennel, who I consider another Wade Phillips in that they are both excellent coordinators and horrible head coaches. I expect their defense and running game to keep a lot of games close, but at the end of the season I think they’ll come up a bit short.

LOL @ 9-7

****ing loser :D

DBroncos4life
11-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I think they were hidden far more than Bronco fans realize, simply because they ran the ball far more. I think Orlando Franklin is not a good pass blocking RT. Clady hasn't been the same since his injury and Walton is average at best. I like Kuper though. He's a great player.

And I really don't understand why people think Routt is the worst CB ever. He struggled with penalties and TD's covering #1 receivers. Carr covered #2 WR's. Of course he looked awesome. Big difference covering elite WR's to covering #2 guys. Now that Routt is back to covering #2 CB's (which he had great success in in 2010), I don't think it's going to be a monumental difference, especially with Berry playing right behind him.

I disagree with that Denver will win the division by 3 games. I think it will be closer. 1 or 2 games kinda close.
I think there's a good chance Denver could be 4-4 at the midpoint just because of the adjustments and tough schedule.
The first 8 teams are a combined 85-45 from last year and only one of those teams (Raiders) looks like they will take a big step back from last season.

The fact that a lot of Bronco fans are saying one player is the breaking point is silly. This is a team sport. Don't believe me? Look at how the Colts have fared in the playoffs in their history with Manning. You would think with him alone they'd have 3 or 4 SB's, but their team as a whole wasn't strong enough until 2006.
What say you about Routt now??? ROFL!

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Looking at kFc's schedule they could easily go 1-15 this year.

Romeo giving up the DC role is not going to help anything other than give him more time to "groom" the QB's!

LOL

Rock Chalk
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Denver isnt losing again.

baja
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
So I guess you are 'not worried' for the rest of the season

broncosteven
11-05-2012, 01:17 PM

The Balt game could be close and there is always a trap game to worry about but on on paper if we are healthy they should run the table.

Sassy
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I thought the Bengals were a trap game for awhile...a little nervous on that one!

broncocalijohn
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Denver will lose 2 more games. If so, they better be in the next two months.

Crushaholic
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
LOL @ 9-7

****ing loser :D

Mathematically, it's STILL possible. Of course, this is likely the last week that can be accurately stated...Ha!

DENVERDUI55
06-01-2013, 08:15 PM
You do know Al saunders was OC in name only, as Hue Jackson called the plays. He will be doing the same thing for the Raiders just won't have the bogus OC title.

Okay I was ready to give you a long post where your wrong on the oline. I wrote it and saw you said you agree it will be a bright spot.

ONly thing that could have derailed the offense would be the oline. IF you think it will be good than I really don't know where your going.(every great offense starts upfront on the oline) That oline is good there is no way this offense not top five. Raiders have just too much explosive weapons on offense.

All three of the Raiders Rb's are perfect fits for this zone blocking scheme. Only thing that every stopped DMc in this scheme was turf toe. That hasn't been a problem since he wears those special shoes. Raiders are going to run the football a lot. (do you disagree there) Should be right there near the top as the top rushing team in 2012.

Can all three of the RB catch the football. Mike Goodson they say is even a Better receiver than DMC. Raiders are going to use DMC and M Goodson as WR moving one of them outside to get favorable mismatches. Do you not understand those are safe passes that have a chance to go a long way.

Now throw in Marcel Reece tell me when has Greg Knapp ever had a weapon like him at FB. (Justin Griffith - no way) He another mismatch defense have to account for.

NOw You have a very good running game+ Passes to the TE and Rbs = What does that do to the defense. They start to creep up to defend that. When that happens . That's when you will see the Raiders going deep to their Wr's .

What your having a hard time understanding is not every Wco offense is the same. You have to play to your strengths/ personnel . Yes Raiders offense will be similar to Texans but they will be doing things the Texans don't do(can't)

The other Wr Raiders/ Mckenzie brought in aren't WCO offense type of Wr's. (Juron Criner, Rod Streatew and Derek carrier) .

The Raiders are going as far as their offense takes them. They are top five offense they will be a playoff team despite what the defense does.(See Saints, Patriots and Packers)
No one expects the defense to be top ten. They don't have to. That defense just becomes average, and this team going pretty far in the playoffs.

Has anyone ever been owned as bad as this guy was in this thread? I'm sure Sheepstud or Bob has been close but this guy was downright terrible.

baja
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Has anyone ever been owned as bad as this guy was in this thread? I'm sure Sheepstud or Bob has been close but this guy was downright terrible.

i don't know, he could be any fan for any team any year. That's what many fans do, subjective rationalization.

Mogulseeker
06-01-2013, 08:41 PM

I saw his name in that quote and didn't realize it was an old quote.

I was hoping he would have come back with his tail between his legs. I guess not.

Mogulseeker
06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
i don't know, he could be any fan for any team any year. That's what many fans do, subjective rationalization.

Most fans, even homers, are relative realists. I can think a person can envision a 9-7 team going 12-4 or a 4-12 team going 8-8... but...

The difference between this Raider fan and reality is the difference between east and west. He predicted a five offense and defended it into the ground. In reality, the Raider offense finished 26th out of 32 teams (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOTAL_YARDS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_SCORED&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false).

KCStud
06-02-2013, 01:40 AM

This entire board when they said Joe Flacco sucked and then he owned you...then won a SB.ROFL!

Durango
06-02-2013, 03:20 AM
This entire board when they said Joe Flacco sucked and then he owned you...then won a SB.ROFL!

Smack by proxy.

Welcome to KCStud's world.

swaiy
06-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Or like when the Ravens bitchslapped the Kansas City Trans Am Drivers outta the first round.

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2013, 08:09 AM

Yeah he sure owned Denver. His team won turnover battle by large margin, he got a pick 6, missed FGs and a blown coverage that even he said you have to get lucky on. Is this the same Flacco that KCPUD said Brodie Croyle is better than?

CEH
06-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Yeah he sure owned Denver. His team won turnover battle by large margin, he got a pick 6, missed FGs and a blown coverage that even he said you have to get lucky on. Is this the same Flacco that KCPUD said Brodie Croyle is better than?

Up until the Hail Mary, Flacco had two deep balls with one a great adjustment by Smith for 219 yards. Rice had under 100 yards up until that point. Not a bad defensive performance overall with a great 4th down stand at 3:00 minutes. Add in the fact a week later it was 50 degrees and sunny in Denver. Just an odd week for sure but a great game I will never forget. Been lucky to be at the home playoff games since 1996 . Really some of the best playoff football games evah

Champ's 99 yard INT, Tebow to DT for 80, the Prayer in Thin Air, the Jax games, revenge tour 1997

DBroncos4life
06-02-2013, 09:19 AM

1. KC didn't draft a QB.
2. The only good QB in that entire draft was Matt Ryan (Joe Flacco isn't a franchise QB).
Also other QB's like Colt Brennan, John David Booty and Matt Flynn have done nothing just like Croyle, so like I said there were no upgrades to Croyle that we could get, especially a franchise QB.
3. 2008 was one of the best draft class' in team history which gave us Charles, Flowers, Carr and Albert (who has been just as good as Clady the last 2 seasons). All above average players. Nice try numbnutz.

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to go back 4 years to look like an idiot.

Retard.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2013, 09:49 AM

You said he wasn't a franchise QB. You are really trying to blast people about doing the same thing you did? What happens to flacco if the broncos don't step on their own foot in the game? Just look back a couple weeks before. A beatdown on flacco happens. Explain why flacco got his ass handed to him when Moore or the HCs or prater isn't ****ing up

broncosteven
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM

Not as bad as enduring a 2 win season getting the 1st over all pick in the draft then taking a RT!

LOL

jerseyboiler120
06-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Refs were instructed by the league to uphold the magical retirement swan-song of the murderer. Wrist calls I've ever seen in a game since 1977 when I started watching the game.

And still it took some crazy caution by Denver's coaches not trying to score with timeouts at the end of BOTH halves. And an immensely poor ass play by our secondary.

Change 1 bad call or 1 crazy stupid play and the raven suck their momma's teets into the offseason.

And kc was doing that since September.

R8R H8R
06-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Raider fans are a different breed. Maybe inbred, that might be an explaination. I live in So Cal where there are many fader & sparkler fans. I honestly cannot remember a time when overall fader fans were even the slightest pessimistic heading into a new season. Heck, even charger fans have some measure of realism. Not raider fans...ever.

And I totally understand that many fans of just about any team is generally optimistic this time of the year, but fader fans take it to another level. The strange thing is that many of them are also Laker fans, as I am, but they appear to be much more critical & realistic of the Lakers than they ever have or will be of the raiders.

Very strange indeed.

KCStud
06-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Guess we're even now huh?

I would call this some serious ownage. I wouldn't watch if I were you. Bad memories.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fokem7s9AkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCStud
06-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Not as bad as enduring a 2 win season getting the 1st over all pick in the draft then taking a RT!

LOL

No I'd still say yours was worse by far.

The Rahim Moore fail will go down as one of the worst plays in playoff history and will be remembered for decades.

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Guess we're even now huh?

I would call this some serious ownage. I wouldn't watch if I were you. Bad memories.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fokem7s9AkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I already commented on that LUCKY throw. I already mentioned to you that even Flacco, who isn't even a franchise QB, mentioned you need luck to complete that type of play. You can keep talking crap on our team last year but I can say with complete confidence that even with the terrible end of the year that team is better than any team your bottom feeding franchise has put on the field in your lifetime.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
No I'd still say yours was worse by far..

It takes KC like 4 seasons to win 13 games. Embarrassing you can't use your own team when talking **** about the broncos.

KCStud
06-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Well I already commented on that LUCKY throw. I already mentioned to you that even Flacco, who isn't even a franchise QB, mentioned you need luck to complete that type of play. You can keep talking crap on our team last year but I can say with complete confidence that even with the terrible end of the year that team is better than any team your bottom feeding franchise has put on the field in your lifetime.

He also had 2 other deep TD's. Guess they were lucky too. Jesus just admit it. He OWNED YOU.Hilarious!
Flacco was definitely a franchise caliber QB in the playoffs this year.

Also glad to see this great team you're pumping can't win playoff games. Should have kept Tebow!

DBroncos4life
06-02-2013, 05:16 PM
It takes KC like 4 seasons to win 13 games. Embarrassing you can't use your own team when talking **** about the broncos.

**** it takes them half a year to even have the lead during 4 quarters of a football game. Last years KC team was the worst team I have ever seen.

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2013, 05:31 PM
He also had 2 other deep TD's. Guess they were lucky too. Jesus just admit it. He OWNED YOU.Hilarious!
Flacco was definitely a franchise caliber QB in the playoffs this year.

Also glad to see this great team you're pumping can't win playoff games. Should have kept Tebow!

The first two weren't lucky they were Bailey getting burnt. Lucky for Denver Smith had him beat 2 other times and Flacco couldn't hit him. It took a defensive TD, winning turnover battle, getting all the terrible calls and 3 long TD's to barely win. In fact Flacco engineered zero sustained drives and marched his team down the field. Sure he made some great throws and he missed an awful lot too. 18-34 is hardly owning considering he did nothing outside the 3 long plays.

TheReverend
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
^ that

KCStud
06-02-2013, 05:37 PM
The first two weren't lucky they were Bailey getting burnt. Lucky for Denver Smith had him beat 2 other times and Flacco couldn't hit him. It took a defensive TD, winning turnover battle, getting all the terrible calls and 3 long TD's to barely win. In fact Flacco engineered zero sustained drives and marched his team down the field. Sure he made some great throws and he missed an awful lot too. 18-34 is hardly owning considering he did nothing outside the 3 long plays.

Yes, but he did what franchise QB's do: make big plays to win the games.

And he did that through the entire playoffs.

Agamemnon
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Yes, but he did what franchise QB's do: make big plays to win the games.

And he did that through the entire playoffs.

Come back when you can talk smack using your own team. Right now you're just making yourself look stupid.

KCStud
06-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Come back when you can talk smack using your own team. Right now you're just making yourself look stupid.

The morons on this board who think Joe Flacco still sucks are the retards. He just won the ****ing super bowl.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2013, 06:11 PM
The morons on this board who think Joe Flacco still sucks are the retards. He just won the ****ing super bowl.

What would flacco be had Moore done his job and broke up the play? Your boner for him exists because of Moore not Flaccos arm.

KCStud
06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
What would flacco be had Moore done his job and broke up the play? Your boner for him exists because of Moore not Flaccos arm.

What would Eli Manning have been if David Tyree doesn't catch that ball? Or if Manningham doesn't catch that ball the 2nd time?

What would Kurt Warner have been if Trent Green hadn't torn his ACL in preseason?

What would Tebow have been if the Steelers awful DB's would have done their job?

You could say this about a lot of QB's..

Stuck in Cali
06-02-2013, 06:28 PM
When did kcpud become a Flacco fan? Oh when he won a superbowl. What bandwagon are gonna jump on this year? Obviously your not a queefs fan anymore, or were you ever one? All you like to do is try to talk crap, and fail at it miserably.

Bet his reply will include the name of his favorite movie.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
What would Eli Manning have been if David Tyree doesn't catch that ball? Or if Manningham doesn't catch that ball the 2nd time?

What would Kurt Warner have been if Trent Green hadn't torn his ACL in preseason?

What would Tebow have been if the Steelers awful DB's would have done their job?

You could say this about a lot of QB's..

Eli had to make an unbelievable scramble on that play. On the 2nd one he threw it perfectly. Trent green had zero to do with Warner's skills. Tebow just sucks and the steelers had a melt down on that play. See how that last one can compare? It wasn't a great throw. He threw a bomb that just floated. Didnt hit the reciever in stride. Reciever had to stop his momentum. There wasn't anything special about that floater. Moore made it special.

gunns
06-02-2013, 06:49 PM

It wasn't just the entire board, it was basically the entire league and Baltimore fans. I'm sure once the season starts, Flacco will show what he normally shows all the time, that he does suck. A lot of QB's who suck have their moments, see Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, even Jamarcus Russell.

KCStud
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
When did kcpud become a Flacco fan? Oh when he won a superbowl. What bandwagon are gonna jump on this year? Obviously your not a queefs fan anymore, or were you ever one? All you like to do is try to talk crap, and fail at it miserably.

Bet his reply will include the name of his favorite movie.

No I just give him his props that he deserves instead of trying to make excuses and say that he sucks.

Bronco fans on this board refuse to give him the credit he rightfully deserved. They probably still have it in their minds that he didn't do anything to win them a SB.

R8R H8R
06-02-2013, 07:08 PM
The reason sheepstud is being a trolling jerk is because too many of you are provoking it by responding to his nonsense. Jizz & MacGruder were the same. Just saying.

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2013, 07:18 PM
No I just give him his props that he deserves instead of trying to make excuses and say that he sucks.

Bronco fans on this board refuse to give him the credit he rightfully deserved. They probably still have it in their minds that he didn't do anything to win them a SB.

I've never said he sucks but he sure didn't own us that game. Owning someone is what Peyton Manning did to Denver 3 times in the playoffs. Flacco made 3 good throws that game. The 2 TD's to Smith and the 3rd down conversion that saved them the game to Pitta late in that game. He was mediocre other than that. The Ravens won the TO battle in every single one of their playoff games and that is the most important stat in the game besides the score.

boltaneer
06-03-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm not a big Flacco fan but his post-season run last year was very impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joeflacco/382/gamelogs

11 TDs 0 INTs 117.2 QB Rating

swaiy
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Talking smack using a team that you are not even a fan of because your team sucks on Dyson Ball vacuum-like proportions...

What a damn shame. It's hilariously pathetic.

Kaylore
06-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Talking smack using a team that you are not even a fan of because your team sucks on Dyson Ball vacuum-like proportions...

What a damn shame. It's hilariously pathetic.

That's totally Sheepstud. He's that dude in the lunchroom who would tell you that you suck because you couldn't beat up some other guy not even present when he himself was 100lbs soaking wet and would probably die if you punched him.

DBroncos4life
06-03-2013, 10:29 AM
That's totally Sheepstud. He's that dude in the lunchroom who would tell you that you suck because you couldn't beat up some other guy not even present when he himself was 100lbs soaking wet and would probably die if you punched him.

ROFL!

http://s24.postimg.org/at4zaj6rp/west.jpg (http://postimage.org/)