PDA

View Full Version : Making my first trip to Denver for the Saints Game

Saints
07-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Hello fellas, we are making the trip to Denver for the Saints Sunday night game. I have never been to Denver before, where should we stay in Denver and what should we plan on doing? We are 25 and like to party....... Thanks for the help, can't wait for some football

Saints
07-15-2012, 01:25 PM
also, what route should i take to get tickets?

Bigdawg26
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
From NOLA too, and I'm jealous! I would love the chance to go watch the bronco vs saints game in Denver. I went the the saints vs broncos game down here a couple of years back (which was awesome because that was the one Anderson broke the rookie rushing record). I live in ATL right now, but it's good to know I wasn't the only bronco fan in NOLA!

Broncobiv
07-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I live in ATL right now, but it's good to know I wasn't the only bronco fan in NOLA!

Judging by his user name, I'm not so sure he's a Broncos fan...

Saints
07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Hilarious! nope, not a broncos fan but I come in peace, just want to make sure we enjoy Denver to the fullest extent because I have heard its an awesome city

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Check out the tailgating thread, they have a lot of info even for rival fans.

Everything depends on how much you want to spend on your trip. I would stay somewhere near the 16th street mall if I only had a couple days in town. If you have more I would rent a car and drive to red rocks or garden of the gods or up into the mountains.

My favorite place to stay is the Adams Mark with a view of either the park or mountains but that is pricey.

Enjoy the ass whipping. BTW what is the bounty for knocking Manning out of the game?

LOL

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Check out the tailgating thread, they have a lot of info even for rival fans.

Everything depends on how much you want to spend on your trip. I would stay somewhere near the 16th street mall if I only had a couple days in town. If you have more I would rent a car and drive to red rocks or garden of the gods or up into the mountains.

My favorite place to stay is the Adams Mark with a view of either the park or mountains but that is pricey.

Enjoy the ass whipping. BTW what is the bounty for knocking Manning out of the game?

LOL

Garden of the gods is amazing. The Air Force Academy is really nice to visit also( just outside Colorado Springs, not far from Denver) my wifes grandpa made the chapel replica that's in the visitor area, he was a really skilled carpenter.

As far as Denver goes, I have never explored it, always stayed with wifes family in the Springs and drove to Denver for games or Greely for training camp when it was held there.

OBF1
07-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Trust me as a former Denver resident... You want to stay at any hotel on East Colfax. There are also a ton of night clubs/social establisments there as well. Can not go wrong in that area.

Plenty of girls there as well if you are planning on breaking out your southern "charm"

CBF1 aka cruise director has spoken.

Saints
07-15-2012, 03:12 PM

LOL

LOL Sean Payton has offered nudes of his ex wife!!!!!!!

so, cheapest route for tix?

Meck77
07-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Trust me as a former Denver resident... You want to stay at any hotel on East Colfax. There are also a ton of night clubs/social establisments there as well. Can not go wrong in that area.

Plenty of girls there as well if you are planning on breaking out your southern "charm"

CBF1 aka cruise director has spoken.

Actually next time you drop into DIA take Pena blvd to airport RD. From there hop on Colfax and you will find new development along Colfax. You'll see store fronts being updated. Starbucks, new banks, then you will get I-225. From there you will see the largest single hospital development in the country that has added 25,000 good jobs to date and they aren't even close to being done.

My old man use to run a motel on "east colfax" when there were girls. If you see a woman on east colfax now it's likely she is wearing a nursing outfit, making 50k-100k a year, and coming back from a new restaurant in her BMW.

All the old Colfax jokes now have to be directed on the Denver portion of colfax because East Colfax isn't what it once was.

There are a handful of the old motels you remember CBF1 but more than half of them are gone and the rest have a short shelf life.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2948/amccampus.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/amccampus.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Saints Fan......Put your boys in Lot M. First come first serve but you'll get in. Quick walk to the stadium and good general vibe in there with less yellow coats to bug your group.

Gutless Drunk
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
If you're 25 you want to stay in the "LoDo" area. It's where all the clubs, etc, are located. It is also close to the stadium.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 03:52 PM
LOL Sean Payton has offered nudes of his ex wife!!!!!!!

so, cheapest route for tix?

Good luck there, I get mine from a local who has season tix.

Maybe try stub hub?

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Hilarious! nope, not a broncos fan but I come in peace, just want to make sure we enjoy Denver to the fullest extent because I have heard its an awesome city

Stay anywhere downtown, in what is called the LoDo area. There is a hotel right by the stadium, but it is, shall we say getting on in age.

Make sure to check in here and look for tailgate announcements. Rival fans are always welcome to most tailgates if they are cool.

The stadium isn't far from LoDo, which is the main bar area in our town. I have transitioned to parenting so I never go down there anymore but it was a blast when I was 25.

I will do some ticket searching for you see what I can find.

Saints
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I appreciate the help fellas, if y'all ever make it down to an LSU or Saints game I would love to show the same generosity. I'm excited that a lot of tailgating goes on, our LSU tailgates are top of the line but with the Dome being downtown it's just easier to pre game at a bar unless you wanna pay $40 to park in the few lots around the Dome

canadianbroncosfan
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Hello fellas, we are making the trip to Denver for the Saints Sunday night game. I have never been to Denver before, where should we stay in Denver and what should we plan on doing? We are 25 and like to party....... Thanks for the help, can't wait for some football

My roommate (dumbass Saints fan :~ohyah!:) and I are also heading to Denver for this game. We're staying at the Ramada Hotel on Zuni St. It's certainly no Hilton but I've stayed there before. It's dirt cheap and close to the Stadium and downtown. If you're partying, you probably don't care what your room looks like as if you're like me (I'm 26) you're barely ever there. As far as tickets try (I emphasize try) when they go on sale next week. If not I've used StubHub before. DO NOT purchase them til regular tickets go on sale as right now the prices are downright retarded.

Cheers

canadianbroncosfan
07-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Stay anywhere downtown, in what is called the LoDo area. There is a hotel right by the stadium, but it is, shall we say getting on in age.

Make sure to check in here and look for tailgate announcements. Rival fans are always welcome to most tailgates if they are cool.

The stadium isn't far from LoDo, which is the main bar area in our town. I have transitioned to parenting so I never go down there anymore but it was a blast when I was 25.

I will do some ticket searching for you see what I can find.

If you happen to find additional tix, let me know. Haven't gotten my tix yet for this game.

OrangeSe7en
07-15-2012, 06:32 PM

You should check out the local library.

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Yep, stay downtown.

You're obviously used to a better party scene, but you'll still have a good time.

SpringStein
07-15-2012, 06:41 PM
As far as tickets try (I emphasize try) when they go on sale next week.

Cheers

What date do single tix go on sale? Thanks.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 07:03 PM
July 23, single game tickets go on sale. Which explains why I can't list my tickets in exchange. I thought tickets already went on sale!

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Yep, stay downtown.

You're obviously used to a better party scene, but you'll still have a good time.

That's all we are looking for, I guess you could say we like to drink a little too much LOL I've been to every football venue in the SEC plus a few other Saints away games and we always make friends with some locals and have a great time

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
July 23, single game tickets go on sale. Which explains why I can't list my tickets in exchange. I thought tickets already went on sale!

so there is a waiting list for season tickets but they still sell individual game tickets? I would imagine it's just a few tickets that are left over from the family, etc of the away team?

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 07:10 PM
so there is a waiting list for season tickets but they still sell individual game tickets? I would imagine it's just a few tickets that are left over from the family, etc of the away team?

They reserve a certain amount for single game tickets and part of getting the stadium built they were required to reserve a certain amount for half price sales which they do the day single game tickets go on sale. Those half priced tickets are reserved for residents, I think.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 07:24 PM
They reserve a certain amount for single game tickets and part of getting the stadium built they were required to reserve a certain amount for half price sales which they do the day single game tickets go on sale. Those half priced tickets are reserved for residents, I think.

I thought they released them locally a limited amount of time before the game but anyone can buy them. duh bears do that here they are hard to get.

When I plan a trip in from out of state the 1st thing I make sure I have is the tix then I make the reservations. Unless I were going to San Diego to watch a Bronco away game, in that case the Chargers ticket sale office calls me!

LOL

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh ok, I guess we don't have the same deal because we sell out season tickets. I can't wait for this trip/game, it is going to be one of the best games of the year IMO. Anything we need to know regarding tailgating laws with walking with alcohol? In New Orleans we can walk down the street with a beer 7 days a week so we make sure to look up local laws before we leave town LOL

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought they released them locally a limited amount of time before the game but anyone can buy them. duh bears do that here they are hard to get.

When I plan a trip in from out of state the 1st thing I make sure I have is the tix then I make the reservations. Unless I were going to San Diego to watch a Bronco away game, in that case the Chargers ticket sale office calls me!

LOL

A certain amount is reserved for both teams. If they don't use them all they release week before the game.

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Assuming we stay downtown, should we rent a vehicle or are there enough cabs to not have to worry about getting from the airport to hotel and hotel to stadium?

SaveusElway15
07-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh ok, I guess we don't have the same deal because we sell out season tickets. I can't wait for this trip/game, it is going to be one of the best games of the year IMO. Anything we need to know regarding tailgating laws with walking with alcohol? In New Orleans we can walk down the street with a beer 7 days a week so we make sure to look up local laws before we leave town LOL

Every year the broncos make Single game tickets available.
plus you also have the chance of getting half price tickets if you get lucky

As for season tickets the waiting list is over 31,000...

Click Link http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/broncos-have-one-of-a-kind-sellout-streak/?fb_ref=.UAIQJ8Z5iGc.like&fb_source=timeline

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 07:40 PM
You don't need a rental car if you stay downtown. Everything is in walking distance or a short cab ride.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 07:42 PM
You don't need a rental car if you stay downtown. Everything is in walking distance or a short cab ride.

Plus most places downtown have a shuttle service to the airport.

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Every year the broncos make Single game tickets available.
plus you also have the chance of getting half price tickets if you get lucky

As for season tickets the waiting list is over 31,000...

Click Link http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/broncos-have-one-of-a-kind-sellout-streak/?fb_ref=.UAIQJ8Z5iGc.like&fb_source=timeline

oh yeah I know tickets are hard to get I was not trying to call yall out!! We just don't have to do the single game tickets like yall have to so we just sell every ticket as a season ticket

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM

awesome thanks:yayaya:

SaveusElway15
07-15-2012, 07:47 PM
oh yeah I know tickets are hard to get I was not trying to call yall out!! We just don't have to do the single game tickets like yall have to so we just sell every ticket as a season ticket

It's all good :)

Big College Football nerd too bad I'm a CU fan. "They take my money"

Death valley on a Saturday night would be bad ass! love Les Miles.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 07:49 PM

You realize Denver has one of the longest sell out streaks in the NFL right?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/broncos-have-one-of-a-kind-sellout-streak/

Are you bringing your Aint's bag this trip? You might need it!

LOL

Meck77
07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Saints fan I'm going to save your group of 25 $15,000-$20,000 depending on how cheap you guys are. Watch the loss from home! You below sea level dome boys don't stand a chance vs Manning at 5,280 feet. Besides we're talking late Oct. There could be a blizzard going on you guys might get cold!

Take my advice and thank me later!

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
So why do we have single game ticket sales? Is it just single seats? There can't be two together, right?

Saints
07-15-2012, 08:23 PM
You realize Denver has one of the longest sell out streaks in the NFL right?

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/broncos-have-one-of-a-kind-sellout-streak/

Are you bringing your Aint's bag this trip? You might need it!

LOL

ya know, it is Halloween weekend, I may have to bring it, or I could just dress up as the 2010 Super Bowl Trophy :strong:

Saints
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Saints fan I'm going to save your group of 25 $15,000-$20,000 depending on how cheap you guys are. Watch the loss from home! You below sea level dome boys don't stand a chance vs Manning at 5,280 feet. Besides we're talking late Oct. There could be a blizzard going on you guys might get cold!

Take my advice and thank me later!

Bring on the cold son we ain't skerd!!!!!!!! I actually kind of hope there is a blizzard as long as our plane lands, I want to experience a football game in the snow

SaveusElway15
07-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Or this... ;)

http://jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/001291527.jpg

Saints
07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
come on now, we all have our certain fans we wish we could push to the side LOL I have seen a few pics of this guy, is he hated or loved by Bronco fans? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7XnmDFZUq0U/Ssn_1zJpKYI/AAAAAAAABD4/KQPvIIN0ML4/s400/broncos_fan.jpg

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
ya know, it is Halloween weekend, I may have to bring it, or I could just dress up as the 2010 Super Bowl Trophy :strong:

Dressing up as the Lombardi would actually be sweet. Do that. You'd get on TV too for sure.

bowtown
07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
come on now, we all have our certain fans we wish we could push to the side LOL I have seen a few pics of this guy, is he hated or loved by Bronco fans? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7XnmDFZUq0U/Ssn_1zJpKYI/AAAAAAAABD4/KQPvIIN0ML4/s400/broncos_fan.jpg

Actually, he's dead.

Meck77
07-15-2012, 08:49 PM

He died a few years ago. Quite a few of us from this site tailgated with him in New Orleans in 2004 I think it was. That was a great game. We whooped up on your asses. :)

I got to know him in his later years. He told me a lot of old stories of tailgating back in the 70's and 80's, following the team around, and even flying with the team once.

I tailgated with him in Dallas and Buffalo. Little known fact. He was banned from Bills games....lol We were out there one year and I ran into him and he wasn't wearing the barrel. I said "Tim why are you dressed like you are". He kinda chuckled and said he got banned many years before. Hilarious!

Saints
07-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Actually, he's dead.

ouch, whoops, RIP

Saints
07-15-2012, 08:51 PM
He died a few years ago. Quite a few of us from this site tailgated with him in New Orleans in 2004 I think it was. That was a great game. We whooped up on your asses. :)

I got to know him in his later years. He told me a lot of old stories of tailgating back in the 70's and 80's, following the team around, and even flying with the team once.

I apologize for asking if he was loved or hated, didn't even know his name and had no idea he passed

Meck77
07-15-2012, 08:54 PM
No offense taken. He certainly left a mark on the Broncos, Denver, and he's even recognized in Canton at the HOF.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 09:01 PM
ouch, whoops, RIP

Yeah, I was going to warn you but others beat me to it. Barrel Man is a legend around here.

After he passed away the team actually paid tribute to him on the big screen.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fxt0GhR44ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saints
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
that is awesome, I apologize again, would be awesome to be worshiped by an entire fanbase

24champ
07-15-2012, 09:09 PM
So why do we have single game ticket sales? Is it just single seats? There can't be two together, right?

It's not single seats.

Single game ticket sales were included as part of the Stadium deal when the city built it for Bowlen. They primarily wanted Denver residents to have access to one game a year at an affordable rate.

Archer81
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Actually next time you drop into DIA take Pena blvd to airport RD. From there hop on Colfax and you will find new development along Colfax. You'll see store fronts being updated. Starbucks, new banks, then you will get I-225. From there you will see the largest single hospital development in the country that has added 25,000 good jobs to date and they aren't even close to being done.

My old man use to run a motel on "east colfax" when there were girls. If you see a woman on east colfax now it's likely she is wearing a nursing outfit, making 50k-100k a year, and coming back from a new restaurant in her BMW.

All the old Colfax jokes now have to be directed on the Denver portion of colfax because East Colfax isn't what it once was.

There are a handful of the old motels you remember CBF1 but more than half of them are gone and the rest have a short shelf life.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2948/amccampus.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/amccampus.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Saints Fan......Put your boys in Lot M. First come first serve but you'll get in. Quick walk to the stadium and good general vibe in there with less yellow coats to bug your group.

My mother goes there for her cancer treatments. Phenomenal hospital. I generally hate hospitals, but that one is the lone exception.

:Broncos:

canadianbroncosfan
07-16-2012, 02:29 PM

I've looked into this, and it doesn't say anything about being a local. Just just actually have to attend the game and don't get physical tickets. They check your ID and check you in at a certain gate at the game.

Irish Stout
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM
My roommate (dumbass Saints fan :~ohyah!:) and I are also heading to Denver for this game. We're staying at the Ramada Hotel on Zuni St. It's certainly no Hilton but I've stayed there before. It's dirt cheap and close to the Stadium and downtown. If you're partying, you probably don't care what your room looks like as if you're like me (I'm 26) you're barely ever there. As far as tickets try (I emphasize try) when they go on sale next week. If not I've used StubHub before. DO NOT purchase them til regular tickets go on sale as right now the prices are downright retarded.

Cheers

I work right by that crappy Ramada. My advice to you, is take one night to go out in the Highlands, just cross Speer on Zuni and head north to 32nd street. Zio Romalos, Highland Tap and Burger, Williams and Graham (the speak easy), and Ale House at Amatos will treat you right. Then finish the night off with a Little Man Ice Cream cone as you stumble back to that ugly yellow motel.

canadianbroncosfan
07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I work right by that crappy Ramada. My advice to you, is take one night to go out in the Highlands, just cross Speer on Zuni and head north to 32nd street. Zio Romalos, Highland Tap and Burger, Williams and Graham (the speak easy), and Ale House at Amatos will treat you right. Then finish the night off with a Little Man Ice Cream cone as you stumble back to that ugly yellow motel.

Thanks! You know it is a crappy little place but I honestly had some of the best customer service I've ever had in my life there (which shocked the hell out of me). And honestly for the $49/night you can't go wrong.

Who Dat
07-16-2012, 02:54 PM
You boys ready for when the Who Dat Nation comes rollin' into town!?!?

Thanks for the advice. As for the bar scene downtown...are the bars like rave clubs or pretty down to earth bars. We aren't looking to break out glow sticks but at the same time have fun and meet some ladies ?

RhymesayersDU
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the advice. As for the bar scene downtown...are the bars like rave clubs or pretty down to earth bars. We aren't looking to break out glow sticks but at the same time have fun and meet some ladies ?

There are both kinds.

canadianbroncosfan
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
On top of this game, also going to the CSU Rams game for the "Orange Out" against Hawaii on the 27th.

Anyone have know accurately how long it takes to get to from Denver to Fort Collins? Google Maps says an hour and a half but Google Maps is usually longer than it actually takes.

Swedish Extrovert
07-16-2012, 05:11 PM
also, what route should i take to get tickets?

Buy tickets from scalpers. Don't worry about the 400% markup, that's normal. You can stay at the Blue Bird motel on east colfax. Stay away from downtown and LoDo... All the fun stuff is northeast... Some good clubs around globeville. Also, Denver cops are really cool... Trust me, you could walk up and try to grab their gun, and they'd probably get a good laugh at it.

Swedish Extrovert
07-16-2012, 05:13 PM

East colfax. Or if you want to make the drive, head down to Trinidad. You'll meet some "ladies" there.

Saints
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Buy tickets from scalpers. Don't worry about the 400% markup, that's normal. You can stay at the Blue Bird motel on east colfax. Stay away from downtown and LoDo... All the fun stuff is northeast... Some good clubs around globeville. Also, Denver cops are really cool... Trust me, you could walk up and try to grab their gun, and they'd probably get a good laugh at it.

you trying to get us shot LOL

so it seems half say downtown, half colfax...... we shall see

Saints
07-16-2012, 07:32 PM
so we are looking for things to do within the area Friday and Saturday. I was hoping to be able to white water raft but it seems as if the season will most likely be closed by then. Any suggestions? We are the outdoors type, don't care to go check out malls or statues haha

Swedish Extrovert
07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
you trying to get us shot LOL

so it seems half say downtown, half colfax...... we shall see

As a human being to another human being, you should know that post was a joke.

1. The Bluebird is an old theater.... you can see Andy Garcia's character picking up a prostitute in front of it in the movie "things to do in Denver when you're dead... I meant to say the infamous Dunes motel... although I'm not sure if you can rent a night there or just pay by the hour. If you do stay there, make sure you check for leftover crack pipes in the room.

2. Denver Police are police. You try to **** with them, they wont take kindly to it.

3. Yes, Colfax is going through some gentrification, and you can find some fun dive bars there - usually loaded with hipsters. Nevertheless, it's still where the prostitutes and addicts that Denver does have tend to hang out.

4. There is nothing in the northeast but factories, storage facilities, and really bad strip clubs. Globeville is the sight of the Denver municipal dump. You also have the Purina factory there - all these factors combined make that area about the smelliest part of the city.

Finally, Denver is very much an upper-income city and a domestic vacation destination. It's a very nice, newer city and very friendly people. It's pretty safe - not like Nawlins where you stray 3 blocks from the tourist area and there's like a 90 percent chance you'll get mugged.

(Riverwalk is nice... had fun in Avery Island, and the gym/spa/brunch cafe at the Downtown New Orleans Hilton is about the best I've experienced.)

Good luck dude....you're coming in late October, which is not the time I'd recommend coming to Denver. We're HUGE on the outdoors, and the time you'll be here, it will be in that transition period where it's too cold to comfortable mountain climb/attend a concert at Red Rocks, but it's not quite cold enough to bust out the winter spots gear.

Frisian
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
On top of this game, also going to the CSU Rams game for the "Orange Out" against Hawaii on the 27th.

Anyone have know accurately how long it takes to get to from Denver to Fort Collins? Google Maps says an hour and a half but Google Maps is usually longer than it actually takes.

Depending on traffic it should take you about an hour, if you drive a little bit over the speed limit.

Are you going from Hughes Stadium to downtown Denver? Hughes is a long way from I-25, so it could add a few minutes to your trip.

Saints
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks, so far we definitely plan on touring Coors Brewery and going to the Av's game that Saturday night

broncocalijohn
07-16-2012, 11:53 PM

THat sounds about right but you want to go to New Belgium Brewery and get some Fat Tire or other tasty beer (1459) in their gallon size jug for tailgatting. Oh, bring keys to shake when you sit in the student section.

Taco John
07-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Man, I looked at those tickets hoping to take my boy to a game - WHOAH! I can't believe how expensive they are right now.

theAPAOps5
07-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Man, I looked at those tickets hoping to take my boy to a game - WHOAH! I can't believe how expensive they are right now.

Don't judge now these are just the brokers who have worked out deals to list this early, as told to me by the Broncos when I asked about it. Cheaper ones will float out after single game tickets go on sale

BroncoFaith
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Can any of the locals suggest some hotels close to or in downtown that are decent?
The only two I can find looking at a map are the Oxford, which looks nice, and the Jet, which seems to be a nightclub with hotel above.
We don't want to stay too far out, or the money we'd save would be eaten up by cab fare. Budget would be about $150ish per night..?
Thanks

missingnumber7
07-17-2012, 09:10 AM
I've looked into this, and it doesn't say anything about being a local. Just just actually have to attend the game and don't get physical tickets. They check your ID and check you in at a certain gate at the game.

You don't have to be a resident, I live in ND, the only catch is you can only buy 4 tickets to 1 game a year. Other than that no big deal. I've used it several times to buy an extra ticket for our little guy who sits on laps during the game anyway. You just have to go through the gates on the east side of the stadium and have to show your ID and CC used for purchase.

missingnumber7
07-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Can any of the locals suggest some hotels close to or in downtown that are decent?
The only two I can find looking at a map are the Oxford, which looks nice, and the Jet, which seems to be a nightclub with hotel above.
We don't want to stay too far out, or the money we'd save would be eaten up by cab fare. Budget would be about $150ish per night..?
Thanks

$150 ish per night should open up lots, just search for LODO and there is a website with a map of hotels i believe, otherwise if you have a specific hotel brand you like there are lots around there. The wife and I are staying at a Marriott brand for opening weekend for something like 80 a night (military discount) but regular rate was 130 i believe.

Taco John
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Don't judge now these are just the brokers who have worked out deals to list this early, as told to me by the Broncos when I asked about it. Cheaper ones will float out after single game tickets go on sale

Glad to hear that...

Kaylore
07-17-2012, 09:29 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1&dateline=1332268907

canadianbroncosfan
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
THat sounds about right but you want to go to New Belgium Brewery and get some Fat Tire or other tasty beer (1459) in their gallon size jug for tailgatting. Oh, bring keys to shake when you sit in the student section.

New Belgium is already on the list! How does a non student get tickets in the student section?

Rabb
07-17-2012, 12:34 PM
New Belgium is already on the list! How does a non student get tickets in the student section?

enroll

Irish Stout
07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks

There are probably about 100 hotels in downtown area that you can stay at for under $150/night. Do a priceline search. I've stayed at the Sheraton downtown and a friend stayed at the Hampton inn this past Christmas. For the price, the Hampton Inn was one of the best I'd seen.

If you are remotely close to 16th street mall, you can always hop the free shuttle down the mall to the Union Station light rail and catch that out to SAFMH. Or, when you get to Union station, walk over the 16th St. bridge, cross Confluence Park and head to the REI flagship store. In front of that you can catch the Bronco Trolley for $5/rt to and from Mile High.

broncocalijohn
07-17-2012, 02:37 PM

ITS CSU vs Hawaii. You can pretty much sit anywhere. We did. I wanted to feel the experience near the student section so we sat rightoff the side. Benches not chairs.

broncosteven
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
so we are looking for things to do within the area Friday and Saturday. I was hoping to be able to white water raft but it seems as if the season will most likely be closed by then. Any suggestions? We are the outdoors type, don't care to go check out malls or statues haha

Like I said, go to Red Rocks or south to Colorado Springs to Garden of the Gods and hike around.

I also like to go up I-70 to Look out Mountain and checkout Buffalo Bills grave. It has a great view of the city and at the top there is a park or nature center that is fun to walk around in that is full of wildlife.

If you go to Cripple Creek they have gambling, there was another town we passed through full of casinos' Blackhawk or something like that if your into that.

We panned for gold in Cripple Creek and in the creek that runs along I-70 when I was a kid. There is a glacier down by the Springs that my Dad always liked, it was Marie staint something or other. If I were going I would check it out more.

Oh and we Love to go to Golden Gate Canyon national Park that has some great hiking trails. I took my daughter when she was 3 and she loved hiking there, I would love to be able to do that again. Totally worth the trip. My wife was spooked about Bears and Moose and wouldn't relax and enjoy the trails. I would check that out if your into hiking mountain trails.

maher_tyler
07-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm going to try and get some tickets when the half priced go on sale. If i can't get any i won't be going to a game. The plane tickets alone will be $400+...flying Southwest from Tucson. That isn't counting food, hotel and anything else we would want to do. If only i lived there...

huh??
07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Since you're going around Ft. Collins, stop by Estes Park and check out the Stanley Hotel. It was the front of the "Aspen" hotel for a scene in "Dumb and Dumber" as well as the inspiration for Stephen King's The Shining when he stayed there. Oh, and something about a steam powered car, or something...:yayaya:

JLesSPE
07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Looks like I'm going to the Cle and KC games and then I imagine I'll go to the @KC game too since I live in MO. I've never been to 3 games in one year, I'm excited!

canadianbroncosfan
07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
ITS CSU vs Hawaii. You can pretty much sit anywhere. We did. I wanted to feel the experience near the student section so we sat rightoff the side. Benches not chairs.

Ah one of those get your tickets to get through the gate, sit wherever is close kind of things?

canadianbroncosfan
07-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Well wasn't able to snag tickets on Ticketmaster this morning, not that I thought I would but it was worth a shot. If any of the locals know anyone looking to get rid of tickets and not looking to mark them up 1000% let me know. Lots of options on Stub Hub and Ticket XChange but would prefer not to pay the service fees if I don't have too.

Saints
07-23-2012, 01:00 PM
We ended up needing three tickets instead of 2 and we locked them up on the half price deal the second it opened up! A fellow poster PM'd me after my first post and offered me two tickets for face value that I will not need anymore so send me a PM and I will PM you his screen name and you can see if he still has them for sale!

BroncosCanada
08-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Hoping to get 2 tickets. Happy to pay a small mark up for the effort. Making the trip down from Edmonton again this year. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

BroncoBeavis
08-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Which game are you talking about?

edit: Never mind, check thread title dummy. :)

LittleFloyd
08-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Serious reply here.

If you can afford it, stay downtown and walk or cab over to the stadium. The Ramada, not downtown, is super close to the stadium, but it is old. About 1 block away.

Go up to Federal Blvd and 17th Ave (turns into Dick Connor Blvd just east of Federal) as tons of tickets are sold there on game day. Get a setting chart so you know where you are sitting.

After the game, get free admision tickets from the girls handing them out to a downtown gentlemans club. Tho you guys from NO probably aren't interested as you can see plenty of ladies from there.

canadianbroncosfan
08-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Hoping to get 2 tickets. Happy to pay a small mark up for the effort. Making the trip down from Edmonton again this year. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

See you there. REP Edmonton

broncocalijohn
08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Ah one of those get your tickets to get through the gate, sit wherever is close kind of things?

unfortunately for CSU, yes it will be almost general admission . SOme of those early games are non conference games and therefore doesn't have the hype normally saved for October and November.

Swedish Extrovert
08-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks, so far we definitely plan on touring Coors Brewery and going to the Av's game that Saturday night

A Rapids game would be fun (instead of the Avs).

BroncosCanada
08-15-2012, 10:23 AM
You got that right bro! If I can get tickets...(shameless bump).

See you there. REP Edmonton

Irish Stout
08-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Coors is fine and its a massive brewery, but there are better breweries in Denver to visit. Go to Great Divide off Arapahoe and 22nd, they're really growing and have fantastic beers. Check out Strange near the stadium for something fun and tasty. Hogshead just opened a little bit further west in the Sloan's lake area of Denver at 29th and Umatilla. It was started by a local and a Brit with a focus on bitter British beers. They converted an old gas station into the brewery and its got an incredible atmosphere. Do a tour of Stranahans Colorado whiskey off Alameda and Kalamath or the Breckenridge brewery only a few blocks further south.

DenCOSaintsFan
09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
There are a ton of Saints fans here - we usually gather at Stoney's on Lincoln to watch the games. We have a huge LSU contingency that meets at the Blake Street Tavern to watch the LSU games too! You will want to stay downtown if possible. There's an Embassy Suites and a few other lower end hotels that won't cost as much. If you want anymore info, just holla. We're still looking for our tickets.