PDA

View Full Version : ORANGEMANE 2012 Fantasy Football League

Broncoman13
07-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Hello Maners. It looks like we're getting a late start on sign ups for Fantasy Football this year. To be honest, I don't have a ton of time to run the league and didn't get a lot of help last year from APA who is extremely busy as well. Add to that the fact that Worm was supposed to assist and I think he died... So I will definitely be looking for some folks to assist and if there is anyone that is really interested in having a big role, would love to have a Co-Commish that can devote some time to the league.

We'll start with 20 teams. Entry fees are open for consideration, but I think the $45 from last year is ideal.

Please post on this thread if you're interested and will be returning.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I probably can't commit what you really need for a co-commish again this year. Life, work, a second child, and season tickets just make it so I can't give you the help you need.

Sorry buddy

Will be sitting the year out as well.

Bacchus
07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I have never played FF, therefore the $45 is too high but you guiys have fun!!

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I have never played FF, therefore the $45 is too high but you guiys have fun!!

Yeah and a 20 team league with folks who play here isn't the best way to start playing either. Still will be fun but Alex uses 20 to make the playing more strategic because you have to draft players who don't normally get drafted.

DomCasual
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
worm seriously died?

I can commit to help a little. What kind of commitment are you looking for, time-wise?

OBF1
07-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Same rules and such as last year, count me in.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 05:18 PM
worm seriously died?

I can commit to help a little. What kind of commitment are you looking for, time-wise?

The guy fell of the face of the earth. But so did Dagmar and so did DramaLlama. Also I think we lost contact with phillybronco during the season last year too.

But it looks like Dagmar at least checks in as his last activity was June of 2012

Broncoman13
07-15-2012, 06:35 PM
worm seriously died?

At first, probably 10-15 hours to help set up teams, coordinate drafts, and be present for both drafts. After the season begins, basically just "on call" should a situation arise that would require assistance. Really, once the season begins, its not much... Maybe a full hour beyond the normal 20-30 minutes you spend setting your team and playing pickem and survivor.

Broncoman13
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
worm seriously died?

PS, I hope that Worm is okay. We spoke the day before the first draft last year, he was traveling and was going to assist with some site improvements... Never logged in again. I hope he is okay, but last time I checked he hadn't logged into the mane either.

gunns
07-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd love to play again. Sorry, can't commit to helping as I'm not sure the time would be there and I'd hate to let people down. But I would love to have a chance to take out CBF1. Will check back in to pay.

OBF1
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Hey Gunns, why all the love? Hate the game, not the player :)

spdirty
07-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd like to play again.

broncoblue
07-16-2012, 07:13 AM
if anyone wants a free game ive started one
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/870555
pass gobroncos

Kaylore
07-16-2012, 07:36 AM
pass gobroncos

I'm in. I'll get signed up this evening.

ludo21
07-16-2012, 09:06 AM
pass gobroncos

ill sign up tonight after work

OBF1
07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
pass gobroncos

:threadjac:threadjac:threadjac:threadjac:threadjac

A brit would never have done this to self promote, Just sayin.

DomCasual
07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
At first, probably 10-15 hours to help set up teams, coordinate drafts, and be present for both drafts. After the season begins, basically just "on call" should a situation arise that would require assistance. Really, once the season begins, its not much... Maybe a full hour beyond the normal 20-30 minutes you spend setting your team and playing pickem and survivor.

I'll help with it. Just let me know what I need to do.

Here's a question, though. Why do we keep using the same site for the league? It feels antiquated, when you look at the other stuff that's out there and available. I have been the commissioner of a family league we've done for about ten years. We use Yahoo, and there is never a hiccup. Granted, having two interacting leagues probably makes it a lot tougher. Is that the issue?

At this point, I've participated in leagues in all the major providers, and a handful of the less-popular ones. The one we use is the least intuitive one I've used.

theAPAOps5
07-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Actually if we just removed the orange mane theme and used the site in its generic format it isn't that antiquated. I used it in another league the past two years just using the regular old format. Looked much better.

The problem is I couldn't figure out how to remove that stuff or make it look better. Other sites are good too this just gives you a ton of customization with scoring.

I'll help with it. Just let me know what I need to do.

Here's a question, though. Why do we keep using the same site for the league? It feels antiquated, when you look at the other stuff that's out there and available. I have been the commissioner of a family league we've done for about ten years. We use Yahoo, and there is never a hiccup. Granted, having two interacting leagues probably makes it a lot tougher. Is that the issue?

At this point, I've participated in leagues in all the major providers, and a handful of the less-popular ones. The one we use is the least intuitive one I've used.

gunns
07-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Hey Gunns, why all the love? Hate the game, not the player :)

You were the champ last year, everyone always "gunns" for the champ. In the other league it's just because we are playing the first week.

Liebs
07-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello-
I'm looking for a league and am able to contribute. If you need someone I'm interested.
PM me details and I can give you contact info and paypal or mail a check.
Mike

Punisher
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
im in

Mediator12
07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Alex,

I am in. I have not watched a game of football since the Superbowl. First time in 10 years I have not rewatched the entire season in the offseason.

Plus, I can help Co-Commish if you need be.

Can we do another NON-traditional league where QB's get more points than the antiquated RB's in 2 RB league though?

sutoazul
07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
I'll play again this year. Count me in for a team, unfortunetly can't commit to be commisioner.

sutoazul
07-18-2012, 08:13 PM
pass gobroncos

Signed up for this league as well.

Got in my third league for the season.

Kaylore
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
pass gobroncos

So I suck at this. How do I sign up. I see the league, and I am registered with NFL.com....now what?

Mediator12
07-23-2012, 08:02 PM
So, Where are we with this Alex?

Shall I start getting the ball rolling?

bowtown
07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Yo, I'm in again.

Broncoman13
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
So, Where are we with this Alex?

Shall I start getting the ball rolling?

Yes please do. I just don't have the capacity in my day right now to administer a league. Call or text me with any questions.

gunns
07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Not rushing anyone, just wondering if this league is still going to happen.

theAPAOps5
07-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey guys, if Alex can't get to it I will step up and set up the league especially if I can still get help from DomCasual and Mediator as they offered.

What I probably will do is still use My Fantasy League just because of the scoring variety you can set up. I won't use the theme we used in the past few years. It is just to tedious to and ugly and was set up with CSS and HTML files that we don't have complete access too, etc.

I will wait to hear tonight and then we can get something set up for a draft date. Hopefully we can keep this going and have some fun.

Broncoman13
07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, if Alex can't get to it I will step up and set up the league especially if I can still get help from DomCasual and Mediator as they offered.

What I probably will do is still use My Fantasy League just because of the scoring variety you can set up. I won't use the theme we used in the past few years. It is just to tedious to and ugly and was set up with CSS and HTML files that we don't have complete access too, etc.

I will wait to hear tonight and then we can get something set up for a draft date. Hopefully we can keep this going and have some fun.

Med will be setting up shortly... Room for all of us to assist and have a role. I explained to Med, I am just too busy until Sept to put this together right now. If Apa, Dom, and Med will PM me their email addresses I will share the info. Only one point will handle the leaguesafe though, keeps it cleaner that way. Med will cover that portion. Ready....BREAK!

DeuceOfClub
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I have to sit one out this year, sorry, just too much going on.

GL all.

theAPAOps5
07-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Med will be setting up shortly... Room for all of us to assist and have a role. I explained to Med, I am just too busy until Sept to put this together right now. If Apa, Dom, and Med will PM me their email addresses I will share the info. Only one point will handle the leaguesafe though, keeps it cleaner that way. Med will cover that portion. Ready....BREAK!

Perfect, glad med will be able to help.

spdirty
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Still gonna go 20 teams with 2 conferences? I liked that.

Mediator12
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I hope to have 20 teams in two conferences. I will start going more into this this weekend when I also get a break. Coaching too much right now, but having a blast!

Please keep signing up here and I will update every couple days.

spdirty
08-08-2012, 12:52 AM
I hope to have 20 teams in two conferences. I will start going more into this this weekend when I also get a break. Coaching too much right now, but having a blast!

Please keep signing up here and I will update every couple days.

K. I can try to recruit some non mane people that are good solid fantasy players if you need some.

Also, in regards to non traditional scoring, you are talking about the same scoring type as last year right? I don't mind as long as passing, rushing, receiving, and defensive touchdowns are all 6 points. Hate that system where 4 points for 1 kind of TD and 6 points for another kind.

Brandon29
08-08-2012, 07:00 AM
I'd like to play and can help out basically as much as you need me to.

Mediator12
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
K. I can try to recruit some non mane people that are good solid fantasy players if you need some.

Also, in regards to non traditional scoring, you are talking about the same scoring type as last year right? I don't mind as long as passing, rushing, receiving, and defensive touchdowns are all 6 points. Hate that system where 4 points for 1 kind of TD and 6 points for another kind.

Yes, that is the type. No more QB's being devalued for RB's BS. This has not been a running league for ten years. FF needs to grow up with it.

SoDak Bronco
08-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd be interested, what is the entry fee?

Mediator12
08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I think BMan said $45, but I would negotiate a lower rate to get more Maners aboard ;D

In other words, its not free, but its not going to price out everyone either.

Mediator12
08-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Anyone else want to be in the higher stakes FF league. Only requirement is no rival fans. We want FF not team smack BS that we have to tolerate on the mane ;D

bowtown
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Anyone else want to be in the higher stakes FF league. Only requirement is no rival fans. We want FF not team smack BS that we have to tolerate on the mane ;D

I would like to be in a higher stakes league if you are serious.

Mediator12
08-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes. We are in the 40$ to 45 range entry fee. Anyone else who wants to join please do so here and I'll update the thread and start getting invites out by WED. BTW, we always draft late. Never before the third Preseason game to avoid injuries to starters.

Let er rip!

Mediator12
08-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Here is the current signups list:

1 Dom Casual
2 CBF1
3 Bman
4 Mediator12
5 Gunns
6 spdirty
7 Liebs
8 Punisher
9 SutoAzul
10 Bowtown
11 Brandon29
12 Sodak bronco
13 HAT

We need 7 more to have 20 teams in 2 conferences.

Kaylore
08-13-2012, 09:36 AM
What's buy-in again? I'm really poor right now...

HAT
08-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Same rules and site as the last few years and I'm in as always.

Mediator12
08-13-2012, 10:09 AM
What's buy-in again? I'm really poor right now...

Its a little steep. $40-$45 bucks.

Let me know what you think.

Mediator12
08-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Hey, we are still looking for 7 more players. Draft will be after third preseason game and possibly right before the season openers. $40-45 to play, there will be weekly money, two side contests (pick'em and Survivor), and you must be a DEN fan.

Interested, sign up here.

Thanks!

spdirty
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey, we are still looking for 7 more players. Draft will be after third preseason game and possibly right before the season openers. $40-45 to play, there will be weekly money, two side contests (pick'em and Survivor), and you must be a DEN fan.

Interested, sign up here.

Thanks!

Could we please not do the draft on Labor Day weekend? I'll be taking my family camping and won't be around a computer.

Mediator12
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Could we please not do the draft on Labor Day weekend? I'll be taking my family camping and won't be around a computer.

Yes, we can not do it on Labor day weekend.

i4jelway7
08-22-2012, 02:45 AM
I've played in this league for the last couple years & I'm down to play again this year, just let me know the details

Cackalacky B
08-22-2012, 05:29 AM
If you are still looking let me know, I have a lot off FF experience.

JCMElway
08-22-2012, 08:35 AM
If anyone is interested in joining a PPR league, I have a signup thread on the mane discussion board.

Thanks!

bowtown
08-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Is this league still happening?

Mediator12
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
This league is still happening. I got completely hacked thanks to hotmail. No computer for 4 days and way behind with work because of it.

We will start talking about when the draft occurs in the next few days.

theAPAOps5
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
This league is still happening. I got completely hacked thanks to hotmail. No computer for 4 days and way behind with work because of it.

We will start talking about when the draft occurs in the next few days.

Yeah you did! Got some weird emails from you!

DomCasual
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Okay, we have lots of good people who have offered to help on this. It's going to be a bummer if it doesn't happen; because a lot of us have passed up on other leagues, so as to not get our time spread too thin.

Med, if you are still having computer issues, let's get stuff delegated. We only have six days until the first game. Maybe we could use a different system, if the one we've used is too onerus to get set up quickly. We could also just start with week two, if we absolutely have to. Let's just do something. I don't want to bail on it.

spdirty
08-30-2012, 10:18 PM
If we could just set a draft date, hopefully Monday, that'd set me at ease.

I hope we can still do this. It's a fun league.

Mediator12
08-31-2012, 02:40 PM
I think we should draft MON night or TUE night. However, we still need 6 more people for 20. 14 is a very unruly number. 16 is the minimum for me.

spdirty
08-31-2012, 08:59 PM
I think we should draft MON night or TUE night. However, we still need 6 more people for 20. 14 is a very unruly number. 16 is the minimum for me.

Whats the buy in, $45?

Broncoman13
08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
If you're not counting me in Med, please do.

bowtown
09-03-2012, 07:18 PM
So I'm guessing that this is not happening?