PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil arrested in Miami. Aggravated assualt with a firearm.

Pages : [1] 2 3

DBruleU
07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Lionel Bienvenu ‏@lionelbienvenu

Elvis Dumervil arrested in Miami last night. Details to come. Broncos have confirmed.

canadianbroncosfan
07-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Elvis Dumervil arrested in Miami last night. Details to come. Broncos have confirmed.

Let me guess Aga, he was in the south and Black so that's why right?

Ironlung
07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Lovely

BroncoDoug
07-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Aggravated assault with a weapon... Wow awesome...

McDman
07-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Aggravated assaukt with a firearm.

Are you effing kidding me? He doesn't seem like he is that big of an idiot.

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Just great.

canadianbroncosfan
Aggravated assault with a firearm???? RUFKM Doom, c'mon man we're not the ****ing Raiders.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/07/15/broncos-elvis-dumervil-arrested-in-miami/

MIAMI (CBS4) – Denver Broncos star defensive end Elvis Dumervil was arrested in Miami Saturday night.

According to the police report Dumervil is accused of aggravated assault with a firearm. His bond was set at $7,500.

Police haven’t released any information about what led to his arrest.

Dumervil led the league in 2009 with 17 sacks and in 2010 he signed a $61.5 million contract extension before he suffered a torn pectoral muscle and missed the entire season.

Last season Dumervil started 14 games and tallied 9.5 sacks

DBruleU
According to police, Elvis Dumervil was arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm. His bond is set at $7,500, but police have yet to release information about what led to the arrest. When more information becomes available, be sure that we'll let you know.

eddie mac
07-15-2012, 01:15 PM
What is it with these dumb**** players???

DBruleU
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Why do these stupid players even go to Miami or Vegas? Seems nothing ever good comes of it.

ZachKC
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f4MRmEPNUxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

errand
07-15-2012, 01:27 PM
So much for building a team of class acts......****ing douche.

But until the NFL or the owners and NFLPA stands up to these ass clowns, what the hell can be done?

Amazing, we acquire one player that can improve this team enough to contend for a title, and now these dumbasses like DJ, Knowshon and Doom have to do stupid **** that will probably lead to suspensions and potentially cost us a few wins.....

Play2win
07-15-2012, 01:29 PM
What is it with these dumb**** players???

It's Florida, man. Everybody that enters this ****er turns into a grade A mother****ing dumbass.

Dexter
07-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Can we wait until all of the details come out before we freak out everybody? Thanks.:wave:

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Isn't it legal to carry concealed weapons in FL and actually shoot someone if you feel they are threatening you?

Maybe he had a gun for protection and some dude got in his face and he made a bad choice pulling it?

Who knows but I think in light of this Travan Martin case I think the cops will be all over anyone pulling a gun.

errand
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Can we wait until all of the details come out before we freak out everybody? Thanks.:wave:

Sure...but someone always says this whenever a players is arrested and it almost always ends up that what was said was exactly what happened.

When was the last time an NFL player was arrested for something like this and the cops ended up arresting the wrong guy?

I think it was that Bennie Thompson guy that played with the Saints and Ravens but in fairness to the cops, his wife or ex-wife was killed with a 9mm gun, and he denied owning one to police when the fact is he actually did own one...and he perpetuated the stereo-type of a thug...including having a vanity plate that said gangsta or thug, or something like that....

GreatBronco16
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM

But until the NFL or the owners and NFLPA stands up to these ass clowns, what the hell can be done?

Amazing, we acquire one player that can improve this team enough to contend for a title, and now these dumbasses like DJ, Knowshon and Doom have to do stupid **** that will probably lead to suspensions and potentially cost us a few wins.....

Wait, what did Knowshow do?

Dexter
07-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Sure...but someone always says this whenever a players is arrested and it almost always ends up that what was said was exactly what happened.

When was the last time an NFL player was arrested for something like this and the cops ended up arresting the wrong guy?

I think it was that Bennie Thompson guy that played with the Saints and Ravens but in fairness to the cops, his wife or ex-wife was killed with a 9mm gun, and he denied owning one to police when the fact is he actually did own one...and he perpetuated the stereo-type of a thug...including having a vanity plate that said gangsta or thug, or something like that....

Oh, its definitely bad. And I'm not saying the cops got it wrong or right at this point. I just want to give Doom the benefit of the doubt until more details come out. He seems like one of the last guys to me to do something like this which makes it even worse. I'm hoping that there's some sort of claim of self defense, and it happened on his property. Not at some night club.

crush17
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Terrific, Elivis. Just terrific.

Gutless Drunk
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
MIAMI – Denver Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil was arrested in connection with a road rage incident in Miami Beach early Saturday evening, according to the FOX affiliate WSVN-TV.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kuU59_by-tc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/15/denver-broncos-dumervil-arrested-in-miami/

Dexter
07-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Also here's the good and the bad:

The Bad: If convicted, the minimum is 3 years

The Good: This charge doesn't mean he actually hurt somebody, but rather than he probably pulled a gun on someone. Battery from what I'm reading being attached to this would mean that he actually assaulted somebody...

Either way, its a class 3 felony. Why couldn't he be like the rest of the idiots in the NFL and get a DUI? Which in my opinion is just as bad if not worse.

fdf
07-15-2012, 01:51 PM

He grew up in Miami. Seems to happen a lot when NFL players go back to their roots.

And yes. It's OK to freak out at fiendishly talented young men who throw it (and their team) away for nothing. If he needs to get rid of a bunch of money, go start a mission for the homeless. Donate it to his church.

I thought he had his head screwed on better than that.

s0phr0syne
07-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Exactly.

Broncos dude
07-15-2012, 01:55 PM

I agree!

Hulamau
07-15-2012, 02:04 PM
What a freakin MORON! .. If this turns out to be true and he was truly ****ing up, then we should immediately cut his ass tomorrow or trade him while we can still get something for him!!!

At some point, you have got to make a example of these clowns if they are going to screw their teammates and fans like this by acting like a bunch of IGNORANT NEANDERTHALS then the FO has to start treating them like what they are proving to be!

That will hurt when he gets suspended and put that much more pressure on Von. WHen and if 'Doom-Ass' is suspended 4 games, or whatever, over this along with DJ out too for 6 games ... its going to be very tough with the opening 7 games we have to start with this year!!

And 'Doom-ASS' is running around acting like he is some 'leader' on the team then turns around and Butt-****'* everyone with such a childish egomanical "I'm a gangsta" act like this! Screw him, if this all pans out like it now sounds ...

I'm getting sick of this crap from these mental midget multi-millionaries (millionaries for a short while that is) ...

Man-Goblin
07-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Unbelievable.

txtebow
07-15-2012, 02:06 PM
tragic.

Meck77
07-15-2012, 02:09 PM
It seems like 90% of the arrests on our team are driving/dui related.

If I'm mother ****ing Pat Bowlen I make 24 hr town car service available to all players no matter where they are travelling. Seriously. We're talking what maybe a million dollars to the bottom line? Avoiding multiple arrests per year. We lose doom and that right there could be the difference of making the playoffs or not. How much does that cost Bowlen?

The reality is these players should be able to afford it themselves.

If I'm making 5,000,000 a year you hire a damn butler to drive you and your buddies around.

He's innocent til proven guilty but the reality is another player will be busted for driving in the next couple weeks if not months. Yeah some of these guys are dumb but the municipalities are short on cash and the police are cracking down on people everywhere. Why take the chance of even driving around a saturday night?

Agamemnon
07-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm honestly shocked by this. Dude has always come across as such a nice guy. This is almost on par with something like this happening with Champ.

If we lose Dumervil to suspension and/or jail time we can probably kiss our Super Bowl hopes goodbye for the foreseeable future.

Hulamau
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes we can wait to insure if this was the typical self-centered DUMASS mistake that Doom-ASS just made or whether by some miracle there is a more understandable and hopefully forgivable explanation .. that's why I prefaced my comments by saying .. "if this screw up turns out to be what it sounds like .. then screw him".

But I'm getting really tired of this rap sheet crap from pampered superstar athletes with one foot still in the gangsta ghetto mentality that every year come around and screw over their team and fan base with such idiotic actions. No doubt he's got some high priced lawyers spinning this thing now like white on rice to make it sound as squeaky clean as humanly possible and turn it all into a 'misunderstanding' etc etc..

I really hope it turns out to be that he was trying to save a drowning kid from that scary ass Clown in the Stephen King novels and so pulled his six gun to play hero .. but somehow I doubt it! Otherwise, if he really did ****-up then it's gonna be 'good bye' to DOOM-ASS for at least 4 games after the commissh gets hold of him and we are gonna hurt big time from his absence.

He and Von together make up a truly dangerous pass rush. Without him its still good, but a lot more difficult on everyone else in the front seven.

Dr. Broncenstein
Aggravated battery with a firearm sounds like a pistol whipping.

canadianbroncosfan
I'm honestly shocked by this. Dude has always come across as such a nice guy. This is almost on par with something like this happening with Champ.

If we lose Dumervil to suspension and/or jail time we can probably kiss our Super Bowl hopes goodbye for the foreseeable future.

Wait you're not blaming it on him being black and in the south?

KO5K
07-15-2012, 02:18 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view7/3763354/mr-burns-excellent-o.gif

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Boy for what he is being charged with he sure had a low bail set. 7,500 is peanuts.

But what a stupid ass thing to do, just a few short weeks before the season starts. I guarantee you he gets a 3 game suspension. But that is the least of the worries, more importantly why is he getting in this kind of trouble. Stupid

Hulamau
07-15-2012, 02:21 PM
It seems like 90% of the arrests on our team are driving/dui related.

If I'm mother ****ing Pat Bowlen I make 24 hr town car service available to all players no matter where they are travelling. Seriously. We're talking what maybe a million dollars to the bottom line? Avoiding multiple arrests per year. We lose doom and that right there could be the difference of making the playoffs or not. How much does that cost Bowlen?

The reality is these players should be able to afford it themselves.

If I'm making 5,000,000 a year you hire a damn butler to drive you and your buddies around.

He's innocent til proven guilty but the reality is another player will be busted for driving in the next couple weeks if not months. Yeah some of these guys are dumb but the municipalities are short on cash and the police are cracking down on people everywhere. Why take the chance of even driving around a saturday night?

Totally agree, and in any contract negotiation, these clowns having a personal driver/ handler/ babysitter and bodyguard including wearing a Dumbass meter strapped around their foreheads whenever they go out in public that rings a bell for every dumbass impluse that runs through their jelly brains before it manifests in reality .. ought to be a no debate clause they have to sign on for before getting that fat check!

They can sacrifice a little 'freedom' in exchange for some private luxury treatment with a driver, cook and handler for the few years while they are earning super star money to BE ON THE FREAKIN FIELD!! And not showing up in some police line up every other month ... this is getting ridiculous. Especially from a supposed team 'leader'!

BigPlayShay
07-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Paging Harvey Steinberg... Please pick up the Orange courtesy phone.

Would it be tasteless to get a Customized #1 Jersey with Steinberg on the back?

Pseudofool
07-15-2012, 02:22 PM
These guys are too expensive of assets for these incidents to continue. The Broncos, and the NFL generally, need to find a comprehensive means of protecting their investments without violating their right to privacy or civil rights. It won't be easy and it will be expensive, but the crime culture of the NFL (and our team) is unacceptable from my stand point as a fan.

Agamemnon
07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Wait you're not blaming it on him being black and in the south?

Miami is the south only in the most technical sense (very different culture and demographic than the rest of the south). And anyway, I never said Adrian Peterson wasn't guilty or that the cops without a doubt arrested him wrongfully. I simply said that I had my doubts based on what I know about southern cops and the sketchy reports that were coming out. I mean they arrested him and only charged him with resisting arrest. Seems to me that he should've been charged with something else or they should've never tried to arrest him in the first place.

Oh and good job on trying to sink yet another topic to the OM standard of quality. Bravo.

Goobzilla
07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Road rage incident? REALLY ???

That's a dumb thing to potentially throw away millions and 3 years of your life over.

Bronco Rob
07-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Who do have on the roster that can take his place?

???

Agamemnon
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Who do have on the roster that can take his place?

???

I'm guessing we can look forward to an Ayers/Wolfe DE tandem, with Ayers shifting to Dumervil's side.

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
If there's one thing I love it's the holier than thou club on the OMane.

Punisher
07-15-2012, 02:27 PM
why

Los Broncos
07-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Great news

Broncos dude
07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
No big worries . Elvis will get a slap on the wrist; he didn't kill no one! There is alot worse that other nfl players have done. Pacman, Pacman, Stallworth, among others. Chill

Bronco Rob
07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm guessing we can look forward to an Ayers/Wolfe DE tandem, with Ayers shifting to Dumervil's side.

So opening day we are down DJ and know it looks like Dumervil.

Then who do we get to replace DJ tweet Williams??

??

DBroncos4life
07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
What a freakin MORON! .. If this turns out to be true and he was truly ****ing up, then we should immediately cut his ass tomorrow or trade him while we can still get something for him!!!

At some point, you have got to make a example of these clowns if they are going to screw their teammates and fans like this by acting like a bunch of IGNORANT NEANDERTHALS then the FO has to start treating them like what they are proving to be!

That will hurt when he gets suspended and put that much more pressure on Von. WHen and if 'Doom-Ass' is suspended 4 games, or whatever, over this along with DJ out too for 6 games ... its going to be very tough with the opening 7 games we have to start with this year!!

And 'Doom-ASS' is running around acting like he is some 'leader' on the team then turns around and Butt-****'* everyone with such a childish egomanical "I'm a gangsta" act like this! Screw him, if this all pans out like it now sounds ...

I'm getting sick of this crap from these mental midget multi-millionaries (millionaries for a short while that is) ...Hilarious!

DeusExManning
07-15-2012, 02:38 PM
So opening day we are down DJ and know it looks like Dumervil.

Then who do we get to replace DJ tweet Williams??

??

The suspension would come either later in the season or next season after the trial

KCStud
07-15-2012, 02:39 PM
GODell is going to suspend his ass.

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Doom has been a class act since he has been here. We need more info before the all the kick him to the curb talk starts.

Chill people.

Bacchus
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
GODell is going to suspend his ass.

depends what the offense is, I doubt it. It is his first offense of any nature that I am aware of. But go ahead and keep ****ing that chicken if it feels good.

DBroncos4life
07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
The suspension would come either later in the season or next season after the trial

You don't get suspended for a first offense.

24champ
07-15-2012, 02:47 PM
"Don't worry Mr. Dumervil, I am on it"- Harvey Steinberg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/11/61/65/2563408/5/628x471.jpg

Dexter
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Unless you get thrown in jail for 3 years. T_T

razorwire77
07-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Stupid decision and action on Doom's part, but I seriously doubt any significant jail time or major NFL suspension will come from it. Unless, of course he pistol whipped the guy.
If he just pulled a gun and pointed, on a first offense, my guess would be probation and a **** ton of community service. If he physically assaulted the guy with the gun to the point where he battered him (swollen shut eye, broken orbital socket etc.) then it could be much much worse.

Just have to wait until the entire story comes out.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 02:52 PM

LOL, right. This is the NFL commish, he makes the rules. Depends on what facts come to light and we should all wait to see. But regardless, this is a stupid situation to find yourself in even if you aren't a NFL football player.

BigPlayShay
07-15-2012, 02:52 PM
"Don't worry Mr. Dumervil, I am on it"- Harvey Steinberg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/11/61/65/2563408/5/628x471.jpg

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/347794?wsref=tw&code=Gdu3Lj2

July 15, 2012: Elvis Dumervil's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, on his client's arrest this weekend: "No charges have been filed. No aggravated assault or assault took place. And it is likely that once the full investigation is complete, no charges will be filed against Mr. Dumervil."

Agamemnon
07-15-2012, 02:53 PM

I don't think so. Goodell has never relied on the legal system to determine guilt before handing down suspensions.

TDmvp
07-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Considering I'm guessing most here don't get arrested regularly for stupid **** like NFL players do that it is pretty easy to be HTT ...

Agamemnon
07-15-2012, 02:54 PM
depends what the offense is, I doubt it. It is his first offense of any nature that I am aware of. But go ahead and keep ****ing that chicken if it feels good.

It's a freakin' felony involving a gun. He's almost certainly going to get a suspension for this.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 02:58 PM
FYI Schefter is reporting on Twitter that Steinberg says no charges have been filed and none will likely be fired. He feels that once the investigation is complete all will be dropped.

houghtam
07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Considering I'm guessing most here don't get arrested regularly for stupid **** like NFL players do that it is pretty easy to be HTT ...

This. But nice of RSDU to contribute.

Broncos dude
07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
It's a freakin' felony involving a gun. He's almost certainly going to get a suspension for this.

Why is that? He is multimillionaire , im sure he has license for the gun . Just protecting himself :wave:

Dexter
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM

If he's guilty.. and from what I just read from his lawyer there are no charges.. yet... thats great news for now.

24champ
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM

July 15, 2012: Elvis Dumervil's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, on his client's arrest this weekend: "No charges have been filed. No aggravated assault or assault took place. And it is likely that once the full investigation is complete, no charges will be filed against Mr. Dumervil."

Steinberg has it under control.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hb27tYlk1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Steinberg has it under control.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hb27tYlk1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

That is by far one of the best GIF images used. Cracks me up every time.

Pontius Pirate
07-15-2012, 03:05 PM
If Plaxico Burress is any indication, it's very possible that Dumervil will be out of football for a very long time.

Dexter
07-15-2012, 03:07 PM
If Plaxico Burress is any indication, it's very possible that Dumervil will be out of football for a very long time.

Didn't happen in NY, and doesn't sound like firearm discharged. Two completely different situations.

ClamChowdah
07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
You wouldn't see the Patriots having these issues, inferior franchise problems.

Dexter
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Yeah, no spy gate, or this:

Patriots' Julian Edelman arrested
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933/new-england-patriots-julian-edelman-arrested-nightclub-incident

You guys are 100% innocent as a franchise Hilarious!

Kaylore
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM

Steinberg is on it?

It's over. Game. Set. Match.

TDmvp
07-15-2012, 03:20 PM

God you are a moron who doesn't even know jack **** about his own team.

Do the world a fav , either become smarter or shut up or at least google .

Many Pats have been arrested in the last 10 years from Willie Andrews http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Andrews#Legal_troubles

having tons of legal issues to that WR who was accused of groping/rape...

But once again you prove you are either borderline retarded or a little kid.

Dexter
07-15-2012, 03:21 PM
God you are a moron who doesn't even know jack **** about his own team.

Do the world a fav , either become smarter or shut up or at least google .

Many Pats have been arrested in the last 10 years from Willie Andrews http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Andrews#Legal_troubles

having tons of legal issues to that WR who was accused of groping/rape...

But once again you prove you are either borderline retarded or a little kid.

^5 Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

TDmvp
07-15-2012, 03:23 PM
^5 Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

^5:thanku::thanku:

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 03:30 PM
I figured it out, Maybe it's Fox's fault!

Maybe he forgot to tell the team not to stay out late, make bad decisions late on Saturday nights while driving around with guns.

I could see how Doom would make the mistake of being out late clubbing packing heat if his coach or NFL didn't remind him not to do anything stupid between work outs and TC.

It is either the above or God getting back at Elway for trading Tebow.

TDmvp
07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I figured it out, Maybe it's Fox's fault!

Maybe he forgot to tell the team not to stay out late, make bad decisions late on Saturday nights while driving around with guns.

I could see how Doom would make the mistake of being out late clubbing packing heat if his coach or NFL didn't remind him not to do anything stupid between work outs and TC.

It is either the above or God getting back at Elway for trading Tebow.

Totally heheh

Pontius Pirate
07-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Didn't happen in NY, and doesn't sound like firearm discharged. Two completely different situations.

They are both felonies - the only difference to me sounds like Doom actually brandished it on someone else whereas Plax shot himself.

If Vilma gets suspended a year because he participated in a bounty program, it's hard not to imagine Doom not getting suspended at least a year for brandishing a gun on someone.

Man-Goblin
07-15-2012, 03:34 PM
No charges and it happened in the middle of the afternoon. That's pretty damn good news.

BigPlayShay
07-15-2012, 03:35 PM
‏https://twitter.com/VicLombardi

@VicLombardi: The alleged incident did not occur at a nightclub. It happened in the middle of the afternoon. No charges have been filed.

@VicLombardi: Just spoke to Harvey Steinberg. No charges filed. He says no assault took place. Reserving further comment until investigation is complete

Bacchus
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933/new-england-patriots-julian-edelman-arrested-nightclub-incident

LMAO... clam pussy chowderhead is a ****ing loser

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM
FYI Schefter is reporting on Twitter that Steinberg says no charges have been filed and none will likely be fired. He feels that once the investigation is complete all will be dropped.

That's encouraging, can't wait to see the rest of the story.

Doom has not shown himself to be a thug type of person. This could all of been a eager reporter trying to get a story. We will all see how this unfolds but I am optimistic that its all going to be ok in all aspects of the issue, not just cause you can afford to buy your way out of a situation.

If its the other way around and he did do something illegal, then I will be one of the first to say get rid of him or what not. As for now he is still one of my favorite current players.

Bacchus
07-15-2012, 03:38 PM
They are both felonies - the only difference to me sounds like Doom actually brandished it on someone else whereas Plax shot himself.

If Vilma gets suspended a year because he participated in a bounty program, it's hard not to imagine Doom not getting suspended at least a year for brandishing a gun on someone.

they are two different states. NY has very tough gun laws. Plax did not have a NY license to carry a gun, plus his gun went off.

you are way off base on this analogy

GreatBronco16
07-15-2012, 03:43 PM
So how can you get arrested for something, have bail posted, but yet not be charged with a crime? Is that even legal? I mean, it seems like a good way for cities to make money. Go around arresting people for stuff, make them post bond, then never charge them with anything. "oh yeah, our bad"

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 03:45 PM
‏https://twitter.com/VicLombardi

@VicLombardi: The alleged incident did not occur at a nightclub. It happened in the middle of the afternoon. No charges have been filed.

@VicLombardi: Just spoke to Harvey Steinberg. No charges filed. He says no assault took place. Reserving further comment until investigation is complete

Ok so it is not Fox's fault, it is clearly God being mad at Elway!

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
So how can you get arrested for something, have bail posted, but yet not be charged with a crime? Is that even legal? I mean, it seems like a good way for cities to make money. Go around arresting people for stuff, make them post bond, then never charge them with anything. "oh yeah, our bad"

Charges could be pending the investigation. So they can still charge bond while the investigation continues. But it is a very trivial amount in terms of bond money. Which makes me wonder how much they really have in a case.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
they are two different states. NY has very tough gun laws. Plax did not have a NY license to carry a gun, plus his gun went off.

you are way off base on this analogy

Exactly. People goin off the deep end for no reason. NY is TOTALLY different. Their gun laws are crazy strict. What gets you 2 years there is a slap on the wrist with no probation somewhere else.

GreatBronco16
07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Charges could be pending the investigation. So they can still charge bond while the investigation continues.

My understanding of our rights is they either charge you with something, or they can't hold you. He could have said "are you going to charge me with something?" When they said no, he could have walked out. At the least, he could have called his lawyer and said they are holding him without just cause. The amount of the bail is chump change to him, but nevertheless, I just think it is wrong. Unless I'm just mistaken on the laws there in the hood.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 03:54 PM
My understanding of our rights is they either charge you with something, or they can't hold you. He could have said "are you going to charge me with something?" When they said no, he could have walked out. At the least, he could have called his lawyer and said they are holding him without just cause. The amount of the bail is chump change to him, but nevertheless, I just think it is wrong. Unless I'm just mistaken on the laws there in the hood.

On the weekend, when a judge can't typically be seen to set the bond you can bail out using a fee schedule. Maybe this is the case.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bail-getting-out-of-jail-30225.html

OBF1
07-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I am going to do an about face and consider the NFL a bigger group of freekin idiots than the frrekin idiots in the NBA.

Does anyone else see a common denominator between the crap in the NBA and the NFL???

OBF1
07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Exactly. People goin off the deep end for no reason. NY is TOTALLY different. Their gun laws are crazy strict. What gets you 2 years there is a slap on the wrist with no probation somewhere else.

Nothing??? The dumb ass pulled a gun out period. Next time someone pulls a gun out on you, remind yourself it is no big deal. Such a tool.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Nothing??? The dumb ass pulled a gun out period. Next time someone pulls a gun out on you, remind yourself it is no big deal. Such a tool.

We're you there? No. Did you see it happen? No. Quit acting like you know shyt when you don't. Next time someone's pulled a gun on me? It's happened bozo. I'm still here living.

If he blatantly pulled a gun on someone for no reason they wouldn't be so quick to say no charges will be filed.

Meck77
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Breaking news! Tim Tebow was just arrested for a drive by shooting in NY. crazy!

OBF1
07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Tim was hit with said bullet and was unharmed... get it right Meck lol

OBF1
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
We're you there? No. Did you see it happen? No. Quit acting like you know shyt when you don't. Next time someone's pulled a gun on me? It's happened bozo. I'm still here living.

If he blatantly pulled a gun on someone for no reason they wouldn't be so quick to say no charges will be filed.

Sorry puppet, I missed the part of the story saying your stupid ass was in Miami. Please except my apology.Hilarious!

Pontius Pirate
07-15-2012, 04:12 PM

I think it's the other way around i.e. that it's weird to be held but NOT be charged. They can't hold you without charging you with something. Investigations sometimes take awhile. Many people are arrested, then released pending the investigation (or post bail), and get charged later once the investigation is complete.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Sorry puppet, I missed the part of the story saying your stupid ass was in Miami. Please except my apology.Hilarious!

It happens. No apologies needed

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 04:20 PM

As stupid as Elvis appears to have been here... The charges sound quite similar to those that Rolando McClain got last year, and I'm not aware of ANY action the NFL has taken against him.

So dumbass or not, I doubt Dumerville will miss any games.

gyldenlove
07-15-2012, 04:24 PM
On the weekend, when a judge can't typically be seen to set the bond you can bail out using a fee schedule. Maybe this is the case.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bail-getting-out-of-jail-30225.html

Felony bond hearings are dealt with on weekends once a day, following misdemeanor arraignments that start at 9 am - in Miami-Dade county. All hearings are held in court room 5-3 on the fifth floor of the Richard E Gerstein Justice Building.

http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/courts_hearings_arraignments.asp

Meck77
07-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Tim was hit with said bullet and was unharmed... get it right Meck lol

Hilarious!

Your boy tebow could get caught with a bag of coke, two crack whores, 5 stolen guns and two illegal aliens in the trunk while driving under the influence and you'd still believe that he walks on water. :pimp:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1125/whitegangstert2aa.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/whitegangstert2aa.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Just read the article on NFL.com, it said he was released. Not that he posted bond.

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 04:28 PM
No charges and it happened in the middle of the afternoon. That's pretty damn good news.

Not sure how the time of day would have any bearing on the seriousness of the allegations. I'm not thinking that 'brandishing a firearm' is legal during the day, but illegal at night...

pricejj
07-15-2012, 04:40 PM
As stupid as Elvis appears to have been here... The charges sound quite similar to those that Rolando McClain got last year, and I'm not aware of ANY action the NFL has taken against him.

Umm yeah...not even close.

McClain threatened to kill a guy, and discharged a gun next to the guys ear.

houghtam
07-15-2012, 04:56 PM
I am going to do an about face and consider the NFL a bigger group of freekin idiots than the frrekin idiots in the NBA.

Does anyone else see a common denominator between the crap in the NBA and the NFL???

Yes!

Children being given millions of dollars to play a game and being told their **** don't stink. Or that's part of it, lol.

Tim
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
you can take a guy out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of a guy

schaaf
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Doom shoulda just bust a cap in this ****as ass

spdirty
07-15-2012, 05:13 PM

I've never been convicted of anything beyond a traffic ticket. Have you?

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 05:15 PM
I still think nothing will happen, but since this is Doom's second legal incident, there's the risk that Roger Goodell will have something to say in the matter...

http://wp.me/p14QSB-4pRh

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 05:18 PM

Personally, I've never spent a day in jail in my life. I tell adolescents that I work with that staying out of jail just hasn't been that difficult... and as long as they think before they act, it shouldn't be difficult for them, either.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 05:19 PM

Me too, I had a couple speeding tickets back in my 20's but none since.

I don't own guns either. It might be an issue during the zombie apocalypse but I figure I will get one if I make it past week 2 if I really need one to survive and am still alive.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Me too, I had a couple speeding tickets back in my 20's but none since.

I don't own guns either. It might be an issue during the zombie apocalypse but I figure I will get one if I make it past week 2 if I really need one to survive and am still alive.

I don't own guns either but I have a feeling if there is a need to use one during the zombie apocalypse there will be plenty lying around.

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't own guns either but I have a feeling if there is a need to use one during the zombie apocalypse there will be plenty lying around.

Exactly

oubronco
07-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Get these players on planes into Denver and keep them on house arrest, they are too stupid to stay out of trouble this close to camp

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Get these players on planes into Denver and keep them on house arrest, they are too stupid to stay out of trouble this close to camp

What is funny is Pro Football Talk had an article about the end of mini-camps signaling the start of the most worrisome time for coaches and GM's. Because for the period between mini-camps and training camp they do not have control or contact with the players.

They predicted several arrests and were dead on.

spdirty
07-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Personally, I've never spent a day in jail in my life. I tell adolescents that I work with that staying out of jail just hasn't been that difficult... and as long as they think before they act, it shouldn't be difficult for them, either.

Sometimes there isn't anything you can do to stay out of jail. Someone makes up some bull****, the victim advocates put pressure on the DA, there you go. I spent a night in jail before, but there was absolutely no evidence against me, they wouldn't drop the charges, I took it to trial, and I was told that the jury deliberated for approximately 30 seconds before deciding to acquit me.

But still, I agree that your odds of not going to jail increase greatly when you decide not to put yourself in bad situations. That's what I'm pissed off about with Doom.

Man-Goblin
07-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Not sure how the time of day would have any bearing on the seriousness of the allegations. I'm not thinking that 'brandishing a firearm' is legal during the day, but illegal at night...

Makes me feel better about the possibility of this turning out better for the Broncos if this happened at 3PM rather than 3AM. Not you?

gunns
07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Boy for what he is being charged with he sure had a low bail set. 7,500 is peanuts.

But what a stupid ass thing to do, just a few short weeks before the season starts. I guarantee you he gets a 3 game suspension. But that is the least of the worries, more importantly why is he getting in this kind of trouble. Stupid

My exact thoughts. Stupid as can be but $7500 is low bail especially for what he is being charged with.

gyldenlove
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
What is funny is Pro Football Talk had an article about the end of mini-camps signaling the start of the most worrisome time for coaches and GM's. Because for the period between mini-camps and training camp they do not have control or contact with the players.

They predicted several arrests and were dead on.

What is it about Florida? Marcus Thomas went back there and got thrown in jail, now Dumervil - that one Patriot kid went back there and drowned. The Broncos need to keep their players the **** out of that nasty ****hole - make em all spend their summers in Montana or North Dakota tipping some cows.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
My exact thoughts. Stupid as can be but $7500 is low bail especially for what he is being charged with.

Typically class D felonies have a bail amount of 7,500 dollars depending on the jurisdiction.

tebowisdabomb
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
3 years mandatory for gun crimes in Fla...

canadianbroncosfan
07-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Convicted? I've never even been charged.

ColoradoDarin
07-15-2012, 06:01 PM
What is it about Florida? Marcus Thomas went back there and got thrown in jail, now Dumervil - that one Patriot kid went back there and drowned. The Broncos need to keep their players the **** out of that nasty ****hole - make em all spend their summers in Montana or North Dakota tipping some cows.

Not Florida, Miami. Don't know what it is about that city. They should come here to St Augustine. We can ride the trolley (I get 2 for 1 because I'm a resident!), hit the Alligator Farm - they have a zip line above the zoo even, and check out the oldest city. I have a spare bedroom they can sleep in and I don't drink much, so I can be designated driver.

canadianbroncosfan
07-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Typically class D felonies have a bail amount of 7,500 dollars depending on the jurisdiction.

$7,500 may not be a lot of money to Doom. Most people that are charged with class three felonies it is quite a bit.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 06:10 PM
$7,500 may not be a lot of money to Doom. Most people that are charged with class three felonies it is quite a bit.

I had to bail a buddy out and it was 7500. The fines after are greatly increased though. He ended up paying well over 25,000

The price of the crime matters also. So if it was a theft of something that is 5 grand they add that 5 Gs onto the bail amount.

rmsanger
07-15-2012, 06:11 PM
He deserves a 6 game min suspension and a kick in the ass.... I don't care what happens to us w/out him but the whirlwind of justice should role him over!

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
More info will come out. But if they are saying he was released with no charges being filed I don't see a suspension. Goodwill may think otherwise depending on what actually happened.

bowtown
07-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I love all the Goodie-Two-Shoes here, up on their high horses, acting like they've never pulled a gun on someone who cut them off.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I love all the Goodie-Two-Shoes here, up on their high horses, acting like they've never pulled a gun on someone who cut them off.

Livin Trife.

KevinJames
07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
a lot of p***y ass responses who knows what really went on.

maybe he felt like he was in danger so he was taking pre caution, if I was a football player id carry around a gun with me and have a bodyguard who also has a gun a lot of crazy people out there.

Houshyamama
07-15-2012, 06:31 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

For ****'s sake settle down. Let's let the details come out before we freak out.

baja
07-15-2012, 06:40 PM
The Gladiators of old never got get away with this shiit.

Bronco Yoda
07-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Did something happen...? What's all the ruckus? Trying to nap here...

oubronco
07-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Did something happen...? What's all the ruckus? Trying to nap here...

The alien dude got abducted by aliens!!

errand
07-15-2012, 07:05 PM

He got a DUI....which if Goodell wants, could lead to a suspension

Stuck in Cali
07-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Title of the thread should be changed to. Throw Doom in jail for life, even if we don't know what the **** happened.

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Makes me feel better about the possibility of this turning out better for the Broncos if this happened at 3PM rather than 3AM. Not you?

Actually, I don't think it would make any difference.

The principle involved, as I see it, is that you're more likely to find trouble at 3am than at 3pm... but once the trouble has taken place, I'm not thinking the time of day it occurred would matter.

Captain 'Dre
07-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Ha! How am I supposed to pull a gun on someone when I don't own one?Ha!

SouthStndJunkie
07-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Steinberg is on it?

It's over. Game. Set. Match.

Harvey Steinberg is like Denver's version of Winston Wolf:

Steinberg: That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Steinberg: You're... Elvis, right? This is your house?
Elvis: Sure is.
Steinberg: I'm Harvey Steinberg. I solve problems.
Elvis: Good, we got one.
Steinberg: So I heard. May I come in?
Elvis: Uh, yeah, please do.

I only hope that Elvis makes a good cup of coffee....lots of cream, lots of sugar.

errand
07-15-2012, 07:30 PM
What kills me is whenever the player isn't a Bronco we all laugh at the idiot...but whenever it's one of our own, we have some clowns in here downplaying it....

If I was an NFL owner this **** wouldn't go unpunished, I'd have a clause in the contracts that would enable me to recoup any bonuses paid, and void their contract immediately upon conviction, or guilty plea of ANY kind on a felony charge...and i'd suspend them for however many games warranted depending on any other misdemeanor convictions.

If other owners want the dumbasses, let them have them.

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 07:34 PM
What kills me is whenever the player isn't a Bronco we all laugh at the idiot...but whenever it's one of our own, we have some clowns in here downplaying it....

If I was an NFL owner this **** wouldn't go unpunished, I'd have a clause in the contracts that would enable me to recoup any bonuses paid, and void their contract immediately upon conviction, or guilty plea of ANY kind on a felony charge...and i'd suspend them for however many games warranted depending on any other misdemeanor convictions.

It'd be a really funny post if it wasn't so sad.

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 07:37 PM

I only hope that Elvis makes a good cup of coffee....lots of cream, lots of sugar.

Oh my God, this is pure gold.

"A please would be nice."

errand
07-15-2012, 07:38 PM

That is good news...but then again the key word is yet. I'm sure they still have witnesses to interview.

As for him potentially being suspended, keep in mind Big Ben was never convicted of anything but was still suspended for 4 games due to violating the personal conduct clause

baja
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
It'd be a really funny post if it wasn't so sad.

Even a felony charge would alone would be reason enough to activate all the penalties he listed according to errand

errand
07-15-2012, 07:41 PM

I can speculate, but won't....

Man-Goblin
07-15-2012, 07:43 PM

I freaking love this comparison. You're Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny aren't millionaires, but you're uncle Bowlen is.

UberBroncoMan
Are you ****ing ****ting me.

txtebow
These ridiculous children need to be baby sat 24/7 ....

errand
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM

They didn't say no charges will be filed...his attorney said no charges will be filed.....just like they always say whenever a mic is shoved into their mugs. Vick's lawyer said it, Plaxico's lawyer said it... etc.

McDman
07-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Nothing good ever come out of Florida. The people are weird as **** and bad stuff always seems to go down there.

Jetmeck
07-15-2012, 07:52 PM

Typical overreacting dumbass especially considering you advocate for guns and then don't even bother to wait a few minutes for the facts to come out................

Yeah hell yes lets dump Doom you fool.......................

errand
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM

I was under the impression that the amount paid for bail was 10% of the bail...for instance if his bail was $7500, he only needs to pay $750 up front...however if he fails to show, the bails bondsman is out $7500....of course Doom can bail his own ass out, so who knows?

Jetmeck
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
That is good news...but then again the key word is yet. I'm sure they still have witnesses to interview.

As for him potentially being suspended, keep in mind Big Ben was never convicted of anything but was still suspended for 4 games due to violating the personal conduct clause

In these instances where the player is exonerated the NFL and god almighty commissioner needs to back off................

Jetmeck
07-15-2012, 07:57 PM
a lot of p***y ass responses who knows what really went on.

maybe he felt like he was in danger so he was taking pre caution, if I was a football player id carry around a gun with me and have a bodyguard who also has a gun a lot of crazy people out there.

exactly............shut up fools until you know the facts.............

errand
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Even a felony charge would alone would be reason enough to activate all the penalties he listed according to errand

I said conviction or guilty plea....learn to read.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Big Ben didn't get a suspension until a second woman came forward. When he tried to doink that Tahoe chick nothing happened. When he did it twice, that's what Goodell noticed.

errand
07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
In these instances where the player is exonerated the NFL and god almighty commissioner needs to back off................

Sure, what are the odds that 2 women in less than 2 years would accuse Ben of the same exact thing?

Maybe the first one was a gold digger,....but the girl in Georgia called the cops about 20 minutes afterwards.

Bacchus
07-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Actually, I think N.Y. gun laws are just about perfect.

Agamemnon
you can take a guy out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of a guy

Little Haiti isn't all that ghetto from what I hear. It's economically depressed like many ethnic neighborhoods, but that doesn't make it a ghetto.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Actually, I think N.Y. gun laws are just about perfect.

Lol I would expect you to after seeing your AV.

errand
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Typical overreacting dumbass especially considering you advocate for guns and then don't even bother to wait a few minutes for the facts to come out................

Yeah hell yes lets dump Doom you fool.......................

Where in my post you quoted did I say dump him?

I didn't...I did say in other posts that if convicted, or if he pleads guilty to doing this I would get rid of him.

****ing retard....

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Speaking of crimes. Breaking bad just started.

errand
07-15-2012, 08:11 PM

There you go Jetmeck and Baja, my exact post...notice the highlighted words....****ing morons...

broncosteven
07-15-2012, 08:19 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

For ****'s sake settle down. Let's let the details come out before we freak out.

I think we should really send a message that this type of stuff won't be tolerated by cutting KM.

Just think about it cutting a 1st round pick (even though he is a bust) would show everyone that no one is above the law. If we don't cut KM now then he can continue going out and getting liquored up and driving and use the excuse when he is busted that at least he didn't get busted for a felony gun charge.

If your a big time contributor on the field then we will slap your wrist really hard even if you drop your wizzanator pee vial on the floor during a test, fine/suspend you for the time being and then cut your ass once we have used you up or we can find some other low life (hopefully not a pedafile who's helmet pops off after every hit) to replace you.

Keeping guys like KM on the team just tells everyone else that they have to try harder to **** up than just get SAUCED plates for their cars. I mean if a 1st round pick is getting busted for DUI then everyone else has to have like 9 kids out of wedlock and start a drug ring to support them to to show that they keep it for reals 24 by 4.

Hell at this rate Peyton Manning is going to have to buy Pontius Pilot's Hummer, outfit real machine guns to it and go on a murderous rampage down I-25 just to show the people he grew up with in his neighborhood that he is an OG!

I say we show these guys who's boss by renting out a "Cut KM!" Billboard! Who's with me?!?!

Houshyamama
07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
I think we should really send a message that this type of stuff won't be tolerated by cutting KM.

Just think about it cutting a 1st round pick (even though he is a bust) would show everyone that no one is above the law. If we don't cut KM now then he can continue going out and getting liquored up and driving and use the excuse when he is busted that at least he didn't get busted for a felony gun charge.

If your a big time contributor on the field then we will slap your wrist really hard even if you drop your wizzanator pee vial on the floor during a test, fine/suspend you for the time being and then cut your ass once we have used you up or we can find some other low life (hopefully not a pedafile who's helmet pops off after every hit) to replace you.

Keeping guys like KM on the team just tells everyone else that they have to try harder to **** up than just get SAUCED plates for their cars. I mean if a 1st round pick is getting busted for DUI then everyone else has to have like 9 kids out of wedlock and start a drug ring to support them to to show that they keep it for reals 24 by 4.

Hell at this rate Peyton Manning is going to have to buy Pontius Pilot's Hummer, outfit real machine guns to it and go on a murderous rampage down I-25 just to show the people he grew up with in his neighborhood that he is an OG!

I say we show these guys who's boss by renting out a "Cut KM!" Billboard! Who's with me?!?!

You aren't wearing Gene's vest again are you? It gets to your head :~ohyah!:

baja
07-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I said conviction or guilty plea....learn to read.

errand - What kills me is whenever the player isn't a Bronco we all laugh at the idiot...but whenever it's one of our own, we have some clowns in here downplaying it....

If other owners want the dumbasses, let them have them.I read 'or' where you said of. Sure you didn't change it?

errand
07-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I read 'or' where you said of. Sure you didn't change it?

go back to the post on page 7....there was no editing. You did exactly what you accused me of doing...rushed to judgement.

KipCorrington25
07-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Giving these idiots 6 weeks off wasn't the best idea, no way one of them wasn't getting arrested I was just hoping it would be Knowshow again.

baja
07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
go back to the post on page 7....there was no editing. You did exactly what you accused me of doing...rushed to judgement.

I never accused you of rushing to judgment, I mis read your post.

Tim
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Little Haiti isn't all that ghetto from what I hear. It's economically depressed like many ethnic neighborhoods, but that doesn't make it a ghetto.

I wasn't trying to generalize an immigrant population but from the outside looking in it looks like big haiti pre earthquake more than it looks like white fenced suburb.

Que
07-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Ugh. Did not need.

errand
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM

Yeah, you mis-read my post...but it didn't stop you from making a wisecrack, getting a dig in on me....

most people would just say..."I'm sorry...I mis-read your post..."

baja
07-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, you mis-read my post...but it didn't stop you from making a wisecrack, getting a dig in on me....

most people would just say..."I'm sorry...I mis-read your post..."

Read post 167

DenverBroncosJM
07-15-2012, 11:50 PM
That's encouraging, can't wait to see the rest of the story.

Doom has not shown himself to be a thug type of person. This could all of been a eager reporter trying to get a story. We will all see how this unfolds but I am optimistic that its all going to be ok in all aspects of the issue, not just cause you can afford to buy your way out of a situation.

If its the other way around and he did do something illegal, then I will be one of the first to say get rid of him or what not. As for now he is still one of my favorite current players.

Maybe A. Peterson had it right:

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. Winston Churchill ...

ChampBailey24
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Vic Lombardi - "Some clarity in the Dumervil case. The dispute wasn't over parking spot. The car carrying Elvis cut off by another car. Other driver female. Also male passenger in other car involved in the ruckus. No charges were filed. Elvis attorney expects full exoneration."

Hulamau
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Amen errand, and agree on all points! We will see what this turns out to be but Elvis is on notice, if he screwed the pooch here doing something really stupid he should be scorned and penalized by the team. You cant play the leadership role and then do something idiotic with a gun in this day and age of the NFL without some significant consequences for your team.

The thing that will tick me off the most, if he really is charged, convicted and loses time on the field is that I expect so much more from Doom! The disappointment will be major if it turns out this wasn't a minor deal after all.

We need him badly and he was one of the main dudes, along with Champ, 'blowing up' Manning's ... according to Peyton ... trying to twist his arm to come play here. He'll look like a real horses ass in Manning's eyes too now if he does wind up losing critical games over some such stunt!

Anyway, I'm waiting to see what happened for real before actually getting out the tar and feathers and heating them up, but I have gone to the woodshed and am dusting them off at this point just in case this thing goes south ... while still keeping my fingers crossed its nothing.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-16-2012, 01:16 AM
I always thought Doom was a good guy... possibly even a liitle bit uppity.

socal
07-16-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm a bit fascinated over what might be going down behind the scenes of this. Paying off the victims? Steinberg working his magic to make the charges disappear? I also wonder about the Broncos'/NFL's possible role: after all, it is "in touch" with the Miami PD...

Stuck in Cali
07-16-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm a bit fascinated over what might be going down behind the scenes of this. Paying off the victims? Steinberg working his magic to make the charges disappear? I also wonder about the Broncos'/NFL's possible role: after all, it is "in touch" with the Miami PD...

Sounds like your looking for a conspiracy.

socal
07-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Sounds like your looking for a conspiracy.

And it sounds like you're gung-ho on shooting down any thoughts of a "conspiracy" - as if these kinds of things haven't happened before.

You'd be naiive to think that this wasn't possible.

DBroncos4life
07-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Amen errand, and agree on all points! We will see what this turns out to be but Elvis is on notice, if he screwed the pooch here doing something really stupid he should be scorned and penalized by the team. You cant play the leadership role and then do something idiotic with a gun in this day and age of the NFL without some significant consequences for your team.

The thing that will tick me off the most, if he really is charged, convicted and loses time on the field is that I expect so much more from Doom! The disappointment will be major if it turns out this wasn't a minor deal after all.

We need him badly and he was one of the main dudes, along with Champ, 'blowing up' Manning's ... according to Peyton ... trying to twist his arm to come play here. He'll look like a real horses ass in Manning's eyes too now if he does wind up losing critical games over some such stunt!

Anyway, I'm waiting to see what happened for real before actually getting out the tar and feathers and heating them up, but I have gone to the woodshed and am dusting them off at this point just in case this thing goes south ... while still keeping my fingers crossed its nothing.

I'm getting sick of this crap from these mental midget multi-millionaries (millionaries for a short while that is) ...

Clearly you are not freaking out like the others Hilarious!

barryr
07-16-2012, 08:17 AM
I have seen comments from players in the past and why they carry guns and statements like "we need guns to go to the places we go for protection." But of course, the big question is why go to those places then if you need a gun?

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 08:22 AM
I have seen comments from players in the past and why they carry guns and statements like "we need guns to go to the places we go for protection." But of course, the big question is why go to those places then if you need a gun?

HE was in his car...and get this...got into a tif with a woman and then him and his buddy brandished their firearms. What a bunch of clowns. I hope Dummervil goes to jail/

pricejj
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM

Then why do half of "the first 48" episodes take place there?

Gutless Drunk
07-16-2012, 08:37 AM
The incident, which occurred about 5 p.m. EDT Saturday on Collins Ave. — which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip, alleges Dumervil and his friend Andy Auguste each left Dumervil's Land Rover, approached the occupants in the white Impala ahead of them, and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.

According to the incident report, Dumervil was driving his Land Rover and following a gray Mercedes when the White Impala merged in between them. An argument ensued with horn blowing, verbal threats

The accusers in the White Impala stated that Dumervil and Auguste approached them and displayed their firearms as traffic was at a standstill. An employee at Victoria's Secret witnessed the incident and phoned the police. According the police report, much of her statement concurred with the victim's statements, although the witness added the passenger victim got out of the white Impala and yelled back at the occupants in Dumervil's Land Rover. The Victoria's Secret employee further stated that during the argument the driver of the White Impala threw an unknown object that struck Dumervil's Lange Rover.

Dumervil and his vehicle were still stopped in traffic when police arrived. He was ordered out of the car at gunpoint and was placed in handcuffs. The officer on the scene asked Dumervil "if there was a gun in his car and he stated no." The officer then found a gun in the vehicle's glove compartment. Dumervil was taken to jail and his Land Rover was towed. Auguste was also arrested on the same charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a third-degree felony.

Dumervil, 28, was released after posting his $7,500 bail. His agent Marty Magid indicated the charges would be dismissed once the investigation is completed. His attorney, Denver-based Harvey Steinberg, did not want to make any more comment until the investigation is completed.

Read more: Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/police-road-rage-incident-led-elvis-dumervils-arrest#ixzz20nRISGCH
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Heyneck
07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
HE was in his car...and get this...got into a tif with a woman and then him and his buddy brandished their firearms. What a bunch of clowns. I hope Dummervil goes to jail/

The clown part is not what has me disappointed... it's that at the end of the day Elvis is a pussy. Everybody knows that a clown that shows or flashes his weapon is not really a menace 95% of the time.

Still, did both have weapons or which of them was the one to actually flash the gun. That still hasn't been established or revealed to the public.

Up to this point Doom has been a class act, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still, really disappointed in the behavior demonstrated by one of our key players.

Boobs McGee
07-16-2012, 08:49 AM
awesome. so, somebody threw something at his car, he got out and acted tough, then lied about having a gun. The big question...does he legally own the gun, and what are Florida's gun laws? Is there a make my day law there, where the glove box is considered an extension of your home?

oubronco
07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
A road rage incident in the South Beach area of Miami Beach, Fla. precipitated the arrest of Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Miami Beach police report…The incident, which occurred about 5 p.m. EDT Saturday on Collins Ave. — which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip, alleges Dumervil and his friend Andy Auguste each left Dumervil's Land Rover, approached the occupants in the white Impala ahead of them, and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.

Fuggin dumbass

baja
07-16-2012, 09:02 AM

If everyone went to jail that you thought should be in jail the only people left walking around would be you and some nun in Cleveland

Gutless Drunk
07-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Embedded below is the complete police report from Elvis Dumervil’s arrest in Miami. Certain personal information has been redacted.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/07/16/police-report-elvis-dumervils-arrest-miami/14278/

baja
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Looks like Doom just wanted to scare the people that pissed him off. Bad idea but the desire to do what he did is totally understandable. Is there any one of you that has not ever felt like doing something similarly dumb when cut off badly.

Bronco Rob
07-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Using his wife's death as a rallying point all season long (classy). After the Super Bowl when his team choked yet again...Looking to the sky in "honor" of his late wife Myra....

http://i.minus.com/ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

Not even six months later.......Obviously still grieving the loss of his wife of 47 years.......

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/2012-06-08T023708Z_01_BFC16_RTRMDNP_3_NBA.jpg

Now Foray into acting with his midlife crisis

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qkf2yTJlZn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTW: Bob's your Information Minister / aka SpamChowdah

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/bob.jpg

If you play your cards right Kraft might date you next..

:thumbs:

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like Doom just wanted to scare the people that pissed him off. Bad idea but the desire to do what he did is totally understandable. Is there any one of you that has not ever felt like doing something similarly dumb when cut off badly.

Certainly I have. But then again I'm not in the public spotlight. These aren't regular jobs these players have. Code of conduct is a big deal for them. So if the victim doesn't want to press charges there's no convicted crime. Sounds to me like they knew who dumervil was and wanted to get paid by instigating a road rage incident. Hey doom I won't press charges if you give me a 100 Gs.

spdirty
07-16-2012, 09:21 AM

Yeah...but I just scream a little bit, and flip them off and go on my way. Wouldn't think about getting out of my vehicle and starting **** with someone.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Using his wife's death as a rallying point all season long (classy). After the Super Bowl when his team choked yet again...Looking to the sky in "honor" of his late wife Myra....

http://i.minus.com/ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

Not even six months later.......Obviously still grieving the loss of his wife of 47 years.......

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/2012-06-08T023708Z_01_BFC16_RTRMDNP_3_NBA.jpg

Now Foray into acting with his midlife crisis

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qkf2yTJlZn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTW: Bob's your Information Minister / aka SpamChowdah

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/bob.jpg

If you play your cards right Kraft might date you next..

:thumbs:

How about the chick in the first pic getting her ass grabbed from behind?

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
How about the chick in the first pic getting her ass grabbed from behind?

Haha! Classic. I've seen that clip a thousand times and never noticed that. Leave it to Gronk to take advantage of a girl bending over in front of him.

baja
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Certainly I have. But then again I'm not in the public spotlight. These aren't regular jobs these players have. Code of conduct is a big deal for them. So if the victim doesn't want to press charges there's no convicted crime. Sounds to me like they knew who dumervil was and wanted to get paid by instigating a road rage incident. Hey doom I won't press charges if you give me a 100 Gs.

I'm not condoning what he did but I certainly understand the level of frustration that fostered it. Doom is a stand up guy that make a poor choice. This will be forgotten about shortly. There is way too much heavy handed reaction here, hell Garcia wants him put in jail and others want to cut him right now.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not condoning what he did but I certainly understand the level of frustration that fostered it. Doom is a stand up guy that make a poor choice. This will be forgotten about shortly. There is way too much heavy handed reaction here, hell Garcia wants him put in jail and others want to cut him right now.

He should go to jail. Owning a firearm is a responsibility. A big one. **** professional football.

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Something seems to be getting glossed over in all this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9aVUoy9r0CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Haha! Classic. I've seen that clip a thousand times and never noticed that. Leave it to Gronk to take advantage of a girl bending over in front of him.

Ha! The dude's arms are way short too. Looks like he's got little nubs for fingers. Could be chowdah

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 09:46 AM
If everyone went to jail that you thought should be in jail the only people left walking around would be you and some nun in Cleveland

No. that's stupid. Let's stick to this instance.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 09:49 AM
The clown part is not what has me disappointed... it's that at the end of the day Elvis is a p***Y. Everybody knows that a clown that shows or flashes his weapon is not really a menace 95% of the time.

Still, did both have weapons or which of them was the one to actually flash the gun. That still hasn't been established or revealed to the public.

Up to this point Doom has been a class act, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still, really disappointed in the behavior demonstrated by one of our key players.

All reports say that he did. They could be wrong, but based on the information out there....he brandished a gun to a little lady of a traffic tif. I've actually had to do the same, but mine was completely legal, confirmed by the officer on the scene, because I was being threatened with a tire iron.

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
The incident, which occurred about 5 p.m. EDT Saturday on Collins Ave. — which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip, alleges Dumervil and his friend Andy Auguste each left Dumervil's Land Rover, approached the occupants in the white Impala ahead of them, and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.

According to the incident report, Dumervil was driving his Land Rover and following a gray Mercedes when the White Impala merged in between them. An argument ensued with horn blowing, verbal threats

The accusers in the White Impala stated that Dumervil and Auguste approached them and displayed their firearms as traffic was at a standstill. An employee at Victoria's Secret witnessed the incident and phoned the police. According the police report, much of her statement concurred with the victim's statements, although the witness added the passenger victim got out of the white Impala and yelled back at the occupants in Dumervil's Land Rover. The Victoria's Secret employee further stated that during the argument the driver of the White Impala threw an unknown object that struck Dumervil's Lange Rover.

Dumervil and his vehicle were still stopped in traffic when police arrived. He was ordered out of the car at gunpoint and was placed in handcuffs. The officer on the scene asked Dumervil "if there was a gun in his car and he stated no." The officer then found a gun in the vehicle's glove compartment. Dumervil was taken to jail and his Land Rover was towed. Auguste was also arrested on the same charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a third-degree felony.

Dumervil, 28, was released after posting his $7,500 bail. His agent Marty Magid indicated the charges would be dismissed once the investigation is completed. His attorney, Denver-based Harvey Steinberg, did not want to make any more comment until the investigation is completed.

Read more: Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/police-road-rage-incident-led-elvis-dumervils-arrest#ixzz20nRISGCH
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

what a dumbass you are Doom. What a fuggen tard.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
All reports say that he did. They could be wrong, but based on the information out there....he brandished a gun to a little lady of a traffic tif. I've actually had to do the same, but mine was completely legal, confirmed by the officer on the scene, because I was being threatened with a tire iron.

I don't know what the little ladys passenger looked like, but chances are he was of thug descent.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't know what the little ladys passenger looked like, but chances are he was of thug descent.

No excuse. Not a legal one anyway,

Captain 'Dre
07-16-2012, 10:14 AM

Exactly. If I needed a gun to go to certain places, I'd instead elect NOT to go there.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Exactly. If I needed a gun to go to certain places, I'd instead elect NOT to go there.

**** can happen anywhere. My stepdad for example was gunned down in Food Lion in 93 buying cheese and chips.

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
No excuse. Not a legal one anyway,

Maybe he threatened them.

baja
07-16-2012, 10:25 AM

what if your school friends and much of your family lived there. You can't buy a new house for all your relatives.

fdf
07-16-2012, 10:25 AM
awesome. so, somebody threw something at his car, he got out and acted tough, then lied about having a gun. The big question...does he legally own the gun, and what are Florida's gun laws? Is there a make my day law there, where the glove box is considered an extension of your home?

I'm a former attorney and an NRA Certified pistol instructor. So take this for what you think it's worth:

* I'm sure Dumervil had a CONCEALED carry permit because he wasn't charged with illegal possession of a gun. Florida is NOT a constitutional carry state like New Hampshire is. His permit could be a Colorado permit because Colorado permits are good in FLA and vice versa.

* But two witnesses (including the complainant) say he showed his gun to the complainant. That is, he UNCONCEALED the gun. Permit no longer applies. That is a crime in every state I know about unless you are in reasonable fear of dying or serious bodily injury. It is usually called "brandishing" although it appears to be called "third degree assault" in Florida.

* I know of no state where you can defend property by pulling a gun (in this case, that would be defending his car against bottles, can't use a gun to do that).

* Stand your ground law has nothing to do with this case, if the Post has the facts correct. Stand your ground only says that if someone pulls a gun or knife on you or is beating the crap out of you, you don't have to run away. Instead, you can defend yourself with deadly force where you are threatened with death or serious bodily injury. (In FLA, it also adds a procedural protection of a pre-trial hearing). Stand your ground also doesn't apply because you can't use it if you provoke the incident. So pulling over, getting out of your car and heading for the lady's car almost certainly takes you out of the protection of the Stand your ground laws.

* The glove compartment laws are unimportant too. Had his gun stayed in the glove compartment and not been brandished, there would have been no arrest. I'm virtually certain having a loaded gun in your glove compartment is legal in FLA. But lying to the officer about it was double stupid and could be a separate crime in FLA. Either you keep your mouth shut altogether or you tell the truth. Lying to the officer gets you arrested if the officer hasn't made up his mind yet and will be introduced at trial as knowledge of guilt.

* SUMMARY: If the Post reporting is accurate, the only issues are:

(1) whether Dumervil flashed his firearm at the lady,
(2) if he did, was he in fear of death or serious bodily injury, and
(3) If (1) and (2) are true, did Dumervil provoke the incident by jumping out of his car and heading for the lady's car?

From what the Post reports, (2) and (3) are deadbang losers for Dumervil. So it will all turn on the credibility of the witnesses who say they saw Dumervil flash a gun.

Bronco Rob
07-16-2012, 10:26 AM
NFL.com's Dan Hanzus on Elvis Dumervil's arrest: "It's a serious situation for Dumervil, who could face up to five years in prison if charged and convicted. For the Broncos, there has to be concern what this means for a defense that relies heavily on the charge Dumervil brings from the edge."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45710/afc-west-links-dexter-heymans-high-hopes

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Well I don't believe the squeaky clean image some are saying. This isn't the first time hes been in an assault situation. He was not suspended for the 2010 incident but now that it's been twice, Goodell may do something regardless if charges are filed or dropped.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Well I don't believe the squeaky clean image some are saying. This isn't the first time hes been in an assault situation. He was not suspended for the 2010 incident but now that it's been twice, Goodell may do something regardless if charges are filed or dropped.

He'll get at least 4 games, IMO.

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm a former attorney and an NRA Certified pistol instructor. So take this for what you think it's worth:

* I'm sure Dumervil had a CONCEALED carry permit because he wasn't charged with illegal possession of a gun. Florida is NOT a constitutional carry state like New Hampshire is. His permit could be a Colorado permit because Colorado permits are good in FLA and vice versa.

* But two witnesses (including the complainant) say he showed his gun to the complainant. That is, he UNCONCEALED the gun. Permit no longer applies. That is a crime in every state I know about unless you are in reasonable fear of dying or serious bodily injury. It is usually called "brandishing" although it appears to be called "third degree assault" in Florida.

* I know of no state where you can defend property by pulling a gun (in this case, that would be defending his car against bottles, can't use a gun to do that).

* Stand your ground law has nothing to do with this case, if the Post has the facts correct. Stand your ground only says that if someone pulls a gun or knife on you or is beating the crap out of you, you don't have to run away. Instead, you can defend yourself with deadly force where you are threatened with death or serious bodily injury. (In FLA, it also adds a procedural protection of a pre-trial hearing). Stand your ground also doesn't apply because you can't use it if you provoke the incident. So pulling over, getting out of your car and heading for the lady's car almost certainly takes you out of the protection of the Stand your ground laws.

* The glove compartment laws are unimportant too. Had his gun stayed in the glove compartment and not been brandished, there would have been no arrest. I'm virtually certain having a loaded gun in your glove compartment is legal in FLA. But lying to the officer about it was double stupid and could be a separate crime in FLA. Either you keep your mouth shut altogether or you tell the truth. Lying to the officer gets you arrested if the officer hasn't made up his mind yet and will be introduced at trial as knowledge of guilt.

(3) If (1) and (2) are true, did Dumervil provoke the incident by jumping out of his car and heading for the lady's car?

From what the Post reports, (2) and (3) are deadbang losers for Dumervil. So it will all turn on the credibility of the witnesses who say they saw Dumervil flash a gun.

Translation: Steinberg will handle it.

oubronco
07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
He was probably scared the beeotch might get out and try to eat his face

Boobs McGee
07-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks so much for the reply, that definitely sheds some light on the subject. I misread the post, and thought that the second witness had just seen them getting out of the car, not actually brandishing a weapon. Have we seen anywhere if the person who they threatened had a weapon as well? Like, if THEY had a gun, then there's a possibility Doom was acting in a reactionary fashion?

Why people lie about the fact that they own a registered weapon, knowing FULL WELL that there car is going to be searched, is beyond me.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Maybe he threatened them.

He would still have to be in fear of his life. I hope he goes to jail. We can't tolerate this kind of crap.

rbackfactory80
07-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Cut his ass yesterday.

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I think Doom is screwed. Lying to officers is huge, it shows he was hiding something and it questions his character. The Victoria's Secret witness who was not part of the incident is critical to.

I see a huge out of court settlement coming... and a suspension by Goodell because Doom is a moron.

DENVERDUI55
07-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Doom is going to do some serious time over this. I'm tired of these guys having a di#& slinging contest over someone getting disrespected.

baja
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I stopped following MLB about 20 years ago

I stopped following the NBA about 10 ears ago.

I am very close to doing the same with the NFL

houghtam
07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I stopped following MLB about 20 years ago

I stopped following the NBA about 10 ears ago.

I am very close to doing the same with the NFL

This, except I never followed the NBA and still follow MLB.

Broncos4Life
07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Doom is going to do some serious time over this. I'm tired of these guys having a di#& slinging contest over someone getting disrespected.

How come offensive lineman never get into **** like this? Its always a defensive player!

houghtam
07-16-2012, 11:24 AM
How come offensive lineman never get into **** like this? Its always a defensive player!

Rumor has it that our entire offensive line was trying to help, too. They just couldn't keep the two guys from getting past them.

Irish Stout
07-16-2012, 11:28 AM

or a WR.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Not too many people try to get into shenanigans with 300 plus pound dudes. If I saw Franklin in a bar I wouldn't get in his face. But Knowshon I might go to blows with.

ColoradoDarin
07-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Did they find one gun or two? If they only found one gun between Doom and his passenger, then only one of them could have brandished it - i.e. passenger brandishes the gun, gets back in the car first, shoves it into the glove box instead of back down his pants, Doom doesn't know when he makes statement to cops. That's something Winston Wolfe will figure out.

Either way, stupid move by Doom even getting out of the car. Newsflash, it's Florida, people drive like **** here. If I brandished ever time I got mad in traffic, I'd only have one hand on the wheel anywhere I went.

mwill07
07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Did they find one gun or two? If they only found one gun between Doom and his passenger, then only one of them could have brandished it - i.e. passenger brandishes the gun, gets back in the car first, shoves it into the glove box instead of back down his pants, Doom doesn't know when he makes statement to cops. That's something Winston Wolfe will figure out.

Either way, stupid move by Doom even getting out of the car. Newsflash, it's Florida, people drive like **** here. If I brandished ever time I got mad in traffic, I'd only have one hand on the wheel anywhere I went.

there were two cars involved - Elvis' Land Rover and his friends Mercedes, vs the victims in the Impala.

McDman
07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Well. We are effed.

DaFace
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM

Everyone's getting confused by the police report because it has two pages for an overview, two pages about Dumervil, and two pages about Aguste. Everyone's reading it like the "defendant" is the same person throughout.

Dumervil was driving the Land Rover, where a gun was found in the glove box. Aguste was a passenger in the Mercedes, where a gun was found behind the driver's seat. Both allegedly approached the "victim's" car and showed that they had guns.

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
DaFace is right.

Two guns were confiscated. One from floor of Mercedes and one from glove box of DJs rover.

ColoradoDarin
07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
DaFace is right.

Two guns were confiscated. One from floor of Mercedes and one from glove box of DJs rover.

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Hulamau
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Yes, indeed.. this 'gansta' mentality has got to go! Am very disappointed as I thought Doom was more mature than that.

Apparently not, and I recall the incident year before last when he was accused of getting nasty and either pushing or hitting and cussing out an Invesco worker who wouldnt let him into the stadium since he didnt have the proper ID on him and the guy didnt recognize him.

That incident quickly was swept under the rug as no big deal and nothing came of it, but perhaps it was the first sign for all of us of a more 'road rage' type personality underneath his manufactured mild-mannered public persona?

This whole 'disrespect' crap is so childishly immature and idiotic... Doom is likely gonna get hammered for this one if it turns out he was brandishing a gun at these people for cutting in front of his car. Since when did he own the highway?? Especially a gun he lied to the police about!

If he does get suspended, I say cut him or trade him immediately. Maybe Malick Jackson will turn into something and hopefully Derek Wolfe brings added pressure from the interior along with Ty this year to help spring Von loose. Also Danny Travathan shows early promise as an edge rusher too and knows how to stick those tackles when he hits a QB or RB behind the lines.

Even if we need to draft another stud pass rusher next year to pair with Von, we can't allow this kind of crap to go on.

The good thing about Von is he will beat his man time and again straight up on his own with his first step, power and multiple gymnastic moves and about the only way to slow him down is to double team him and that will then leave Ayers, Wolfe or Jackson wide open to get after the QB.

I dont want to lose Doom, but he certainly seems to be a Doom-Ass for sure in this incident and its just not worth these kind of terrible surprises that can wind up hurting the team and all of our hopes for them so easily and needlessly.

How can he now pose a leader to any of the young guys coming in?? Acting like such an idiot ...

GreatBronco16
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Why can't something like this happen to me with a professional ball player with money? I'd love an out of court settlement that could set me up for life.

houghtam
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
From the DPO:

Court records show Dumervil has pleaded guilty in six traffic cases in Littleton, Aurora and Douglas County since 2006, including charges of speeding more than 20 mph over the speed limit and driving with a suspended license.

Yeah, he doesn't have a history at all.

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
That's Brandon Marshall territory.

Bacchus
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM

People drive like **** everywhere.

Idiots :IE: NFL players should not carry guns!

How many times has a NFL player pulled a gun for protection?
How many times has a NFL player acted like a douche bag while carrying a gun for protection?

This should be a poll.

Bacchus
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
From the DPO:

Yeah, he doesn't have a history at all.

That is just a young rich kid with a fast car. He did not pull a gun in any of those right?

oubronco
07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
If the others didn't have a weapon why the hell would he pull his? Was he afraid of the passenger or the woman?

Kaylore
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Well maybe it will only be a couple games he's suspended.

Boobs McGee
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
If the others didn't have a weapon why the hell would he pull his? Was he afraid of the passenger or the woman?

Pretty sure it was something to the effect of:

Person throws something at dude's car. Dude walks up like WTF, pulls up shirt to show he means business.

Tough guy stuff.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
That is just a young rich kid with a fast car. He did not pull a gun in any of those right?

Don't forget the alleged assault on a stadium employee in 2010.

Houshyamama
07-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Not too many people try to get into shenanigans with 300 plus pound dudes. If I saw Franklin in a bar I wouldn't get in his face. But Knowshon I might go to blows with.

I met Knowshon at a party in Littleton, dude is still huge. Unless you're a very big dude yourself, I highly doubt that.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
this bit close to home I just had a guy I used to associate with pull this garbage. see ya later Brett you never were really smart. http://www.gazette.com/articles/springs-141594-vehicle-carjacked.html take all their asses to prison. football is great . if guilty I hope both of em get locked up for a long time

razorwire77
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Dumbass move by Elvis, but there is no way he's doing jail-time for brandishing a firearm in Florida with Steinberg as his attorney. My guess is a fine, an out of court civil settlement, probation and a **** ton of community service. But, I'd wager that ol' Roger is going to throw down a 4 game suspension though.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Well maybe it will only be a couple games he's suspended.
and a minimum 3 years in the pokey

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
and a minimum 3 years in the pokey

Please. He could represent himself in this one and not get jail time. There's literally zero chance he does time for this.

BroncoBen
07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Dumbass move by Elvis, but there is no way he's doing jail-time for brandishing a firearm in Florida with Steinberg as his attorney. My guess is a fine, an out of court civil settlement, probation and a **** ton of community service. But, I'd wager that ol' Roger is going to throw down a 4 game suspension though.

I'm not sure why he would have a 'out of court civil settlement', seems like the people in the Impala were also in the wrong, especially by 'throwing objects' at Dumervil's Landrover.

No I see the DA and Dumervil's lawyer working out some type of Plea.

It is Roger Goodell who is going to lay down the hammer with a 4-6 game suspension.

IA-Broncosfan53
07-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Elvis Dumervil's base contract paid him double what the next highest player received (14M to Kuper's 7M). Just throwing that out there. The money from whatever happens to this will be substantial if game checks are withheld. I assume that still counts against the cap?

The conflicting police reports from the witnesses are interesting. I'm holding out hope that the state won't find enough evidence to build a case against Dumervil.

On the bright side, maybe now people will actually know how to spell Dumervil, not Dumerville.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Please. He could represent himself in this one and not get jail time. There's literally zero chance he does time for this.

hey your 17460 posts say so. who am I to argue with a legend

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
hey your 17460 posts say so. who am I to argue with a legend

Good support of your argument.

JLesSPE
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM

How does open carry fit into this, that is if this particular area allows open carry.