PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil arrested in Miami. Aggravated assualt with a firearm.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pricejj
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Sounds like attempted murder to me.

I never said that bozo.

After reading the police report, some more details have emerged:

1. The woman driver and her husband exited their car FIRST and threw something at Dumervil's car (according to the eyewitness).
2. This was, of course, omitted from the couple's affidavit, which discredits their account of events.
3. The couple claimed that horn-blowing and name calling ocurred (but did not say they left their vehicle), then Aguste approached their vehicle and flashed a gun. She said, she "feared for her life" and took off immediately. Then, apparently Dumervil, approached at a later time, and held up his shirt, showing a gun in his waistband. Her story completely contradicts itself, and attempts to distance herself from all blame. lulz

pricejj
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
The women didnt get out of the car until AFTER Auguste approached their car and showed his gun. ...

That is completely incorrect according to the eyewitness affidavit.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I never said that bozo.

After reading the police report, some more details have emerged:

1. The woman driver and her husband exited their car FIRST and threw something at Dumervil's car (according to the eyewitness).
2. This was, of course, omitted from the couple's affidavit, which discredits their account of events.
3. The couple claimed that horn-blowing and name calling ocurred (but did not say they left their vehicle), then Aguste approached their vehicle and flashed a gun. She said, she "feared for her life" and took off immediately. Then, apparently Dumervil, approached at a later time, and held up his shirt, showing a gun in his waistband. Her story completely contradicts itself, and attempts to distance herself from all blame. lulz

This chicks own words have shot her credibility to all hell. Lying to make themselves look squeaky clean. Of course they didn't tell the police they got out first. And if the cops asked and they said no, that shoots her credibility right in the ass. Lots of shots to see here.

lonestar
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
The homerism on this board is running rampant.

was thinking the same thing some folks just do not get it, Players should be IMO held to a higher standard than ordinary folks.

Because of the money involved in their contracts, I suspect the contracts are drawn up with clauses that could void it if caught doing something really stupid..

So far I'll wait till the investigation by the police and NFL security is complete before hanging or salivating over this player..

Unlike some that have so much invested in these morons their love affair with them does not allow them to be rational about what has or will happen..

DaFace
07-17-2012, 05:35 PM
This chicks own words have shot her credibility to all hell. Lying to make themselves look squeaky clean. Of course they didn't tell the police they got out first. And if the cops asked and they said no, that shoots her credibility right in the ass. Lots of shots to see here.

It's almost as bad as telling a cop you don't have a gun in the car right before they find it.

DBroncos4life
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
It's almost as bad as telling a cop you don't have a gun in the car right before they find it.

I know I search every car I get in for guns......oh wait nope.

SunDevil_Jake
07-17-2012, 05:45 PM
In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call. (http://bit.ly/NwK01W)

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Probably doesn't really change anything, but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.

DBroncos4life
07-17-2012, 05:51 PM
In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call. (http://bit.ly/NwK01W)

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Probably doesn't really change anything, but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.

Lol so do we still cut Doom Hilarious!

Stuck in Cali
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Say what you will, but condemning a person just because of an arrest or what you read in a newspaper article is just stupid. Would you like to be executed before a proper investigation? I bet not. I bet you would want people to wait to pass judgement till they know what's going on or happened. But no, a lot of you just say cut him, convict him, he is a idiot and so on without all the information needed to come to that conclusion.

Again I will wait to see how it unfolds. If its all true ill jump on the bandwagon that he is a idiot and was stupid for doing what he did.

R-Mac
07-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Everyone is instantly guilty in the eyes of the media and the fans follow the same path. Don't hit the panic button before knowing what really happened.

errand
07-17-2012, 07:17 PM
I heard that a bottle was thrown at the car, I can't confirm it.

According to you, it was a FACT that she threw a bottle....

When the truth is, you're a ****ing idiot who doesn't know anything

errand
07-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Fact: Houghtam is an opportunist, whose sole motivation is to discredit people who disagree with him politically. He often jumps into threads, strictly for this reason...and loses every time.

No, he disagrees with you because you post no link to validate your "facts"....

Face it, you don't know anything

broncosteven
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Lol so do we still cut Doom Hilarious!

CUT HIM!

enjolras
07-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Yep. They're going to have a really hard time filing charges on this. They have a direct witness who lied (never mentioned throwing anything according to the police report) along with the eyewitness having trouble making sense of the situation.

They'll likely try to get him to plead to a misdemeanor simple assault and call it a day. I'm MUCH more worried about the commissioner right now.

errand
07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Ramirez did not throw a glass bottle. She threw something small, "like a bottle cap".

Oh, really? I thought it was a FACT that she threw a bottle....****ing douche bag

broncosteven
07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm MUCH more worried about the commissioner right now.

We should cut him too and hire some old dude with Mountain as his middle name.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
According to you, it was a FACT that she threw a bottle....

When the truth is, you're a ****ing idiot who doesn't know anything

No I didn't. Go back and read the posts. I heard she threw a bottle, apparently it was something smaller. However, she did leave her car, scream threats, throw something at Dumervil...and lie about it.

The only reason I got involved in this thread is because you are an ignorant, racist, piece of crap, spewing incredibly stupid takes about black athletes. Do you only cheer for the white players on the team, hillbilly mother****er?

You are a disgrace.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh, really? I thought it was a FACT that she threw a bottle....****ing douche bag

Don't you have a KKK rally to attend, racist b*tch?

boltaneer
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Forget all the police report stuff.

You guys just need to worry about how heavy a hammer Goodell is going to bring.

errand
07-17-2012, 07:38 PM
No I didn't. Go back and read the posts. I heard she threw a bottle, apparently it was something smaller. However, she did leave her car, scream threats, throw something at Dumervil...and lie about it.

The only reason I got involved in this thread is because you are an ignorant, racist, piece of crap, spewing incredibly stupid takes about black athletes. Do you only cheer for the white players on the team, hillbilly mother****er?

You are a disgrace.

So you voted for Obama?

errand
07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Facts we've learned so far:

2. The woman driver started the entire incident by leaving her car and throwing an object (bottle?) at the car Dumervil was driving. That would represent bodily threat to Dumervil.

Even if they find his fingerprints, the woman driver was attempting assault with a deadly weapon by throwing a bottle directly at Dumervil (2nd degree felony), and should be charged. Dumervil has a right to defend himself.

Yeah, douche, you never said she threw bottle....

pricejj
07-17-2012, 07:43 PM
So you voted for Obama?

No. I voted for the Catholic Priest.

Jetmeck
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
They might not be accurate 100%, but i'm sure they saw what they saw.....

Why would the woman from Victoria's Secret store lie?

What is her motive for lying?

Until you know the facts shut up already.

If not I hope your employer jettisons your stupid ass the

first time you are accused of something................ok ?????

Jetmeck
07-17-2012, 07:45 PM
So you voted for Obama?

OMG you brought him up........better hide your guns that he IS NOT

COMING AFTER.......................

errand
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
No. I voted for the Catholic Priest.

****ing racist....

Jetmeck
Say what you will, but condemning a person just because of an arrest or what you read in a newspaper article is just stupid. Would you like to be executed before a proper investigation? I bet not. I bet you would want people to wait and pass judgement till the know what's going on or happened. But no a lot of you just say cut him, convict him, he is a idiot and so on without all the information needed to come to that conclusion.

Again I will wait to see how it unfolds. If its all true ill jump on the bandwagon that he is a idiot and was stupid for doing what he did.

tHANK YOU for being a person with common sense because it is sorely lacking in this thread

Cito Pelon

Good lord.

errand
07-17-2012, 07:48 PM
OMG you brought him up........better hide your guns that he IS NOT

COMING AFTER.......................

I'm not worried about him taking my guns....too many of us own them.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
****ing racist....

Unlike you, I don't judge people by their skin color. I judge them by their actions. Obama said he was going to kill innocent people in Pakistan, etc., so he would never get my vote. My family is African, moron. I see what you've been doing, you'll get what is due.

BigPlayShay
07-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Fingerprint tests on the semi-automatic pistols confiscated by Miami Beach police are likely to become a key component of the investigation in the Elvis Dumervil case...

"The truth will come out," Dumervil told the Denver Post via text message.

Read more: Broncos' Elvis Dumervil confident "truth will come out" about arrest - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21096964/broncos-elvis-dumervil-confident-truth-will-come-out#ixzz20wIsN4YU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

errand
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Until you know the facts shut up already.

If not I hope your employer jettisons your stupid ass the

first time you are accused of something................ok ?????

You're a douche man....i never said cut him...I said IF CONVICTED or if he plead guilty to a felony I would do it if I owned a team.

But then again you obviously can't read either

errand
07-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Unlike you, I don't judge people by their skin color. I judge them by their actions. Obama said he was going to kill innocent people in Pakistan, etc., so he would never get my vote. My family is African, moron. I see what you've been doing, you'll get what is due.

LOL...whatever dude....

Mogulseeker
07-17-2012, 08:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dTy5ranRTZU/T3tkeI80lhI/AAAAAAAAAQs/_u0csYQIlBY/s1600/tampax.jpg

baja
07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
So many threads become unreadable around here.

I wish we could have a by invitation only forum. Course there is the chance I might not get invited. ;D

rbackfactory80
07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
So many threads become unreadable around here.

I wish we could have a by invitation only forum. Course there is the chance I might not get invited. ;D

Oh, I like this part of the discussion much more. I only make an appearance when a thread is devolving.

R-Mac
07-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Forget all the police report stuff.

You guys just need to worry about how heavy a hammer Goodell is going to bring.

It will be as heavy as the Chargers' Super Bowl trophies.

broncosteven
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Why hasnt he been cut yet? Jebus!

Boobs McGee
07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Soooo, I just got $35 off my Directv bill for 3 months, and $20 a month for 3 months after that, AND I was offered NFL Sunday ticket for $25 a month. All in all, pretty good little recompense!

Oh and everyone needs to calm the **** down.

lonestar
07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Soooo, I just got $35 off my Directv bill for 3 months, and $20 a month for 3 months after that, AND I was offered NFL Sunday ticket for $25 a month. All in all, pretty good little recompense!

Oh and everyone needs to calm the **** down.

I got the $25 a month also a few weeks ago..

how did you get the $35?

and your correct everyone needs to shut the hell up because nothing we say will mean a damned thing..

as Joe Friday used to say "the facts JUST the FACTS"..

speculating about who, what, why and where will get NO ONE any where..

NO ONE wins Pissing contests.. Both or more parties just have urine on their pants..

Got to remember reporters have to stir things up to sell copy, the more stories they write the more copy sells..

Boobs McGee
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I got the $25 a month also a few weeks ago..

how did you get the $35?

and your correct everyone needs to shut the hell up because nothing we say will mean a damned thing..

as Joe Friday used to say "the facts JUST the FACTS"..

speculating about who, what, why and where will get NO ONE any where..

NO ONE wins Pissing contests.. Both or more parties just have urine on their pants..

Got to remember reporters have to stir things up to sell copy, the more stories they write the more copy sells..

First guy said one ten dollar credit, second lady then bumped it to the $15 for 3 months, and an additional $20 a month for 6 months because I already get the premium channels!

Do you get NFL ticket? Is it worth it?

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Say what you will, but condemning a person just because of an arrest or what you read in a newspaper article is just stupid. Would you like to be executed before a proper investigation? I bet not. I bet you would want people to wait to pass judgement till they know what's going on or happened. But no, a lot of you just say cut him, convict him, he is a idiot and so on without all the information needed to come to that conclusion.

Everyone is instantly guilty in the eyes of the media and the fans follow the same path. Don't hit the panic button before knowing what really happened.

I'm one of the last to ever convict anyone based on what I hear in the media, but in this case, I can see why some have done it based on Dumervil's history.

And, let's be fair, there's a reason we NEVER hear about guys like Peyton Manning being involved in crap like this on a regular basis. Whether or not the guy is actually guilty, other guys have no problem avoiding these types of situations. Why can't more of them learn?

Boobs McGee
07-18-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm one of the last to ever convict anyone based on what I hear in the media, but in this case, I can see why some have done it based on Dumervil's history.

And, let's be fair, there's a reason we NEVER hear about guys like Peyton Manning being involved in crap like this on a regular basis. Whether or not the guy is actually guilty, other guys have no problem avoiding these types of situations. Why can't more of them learn?

To be honest, this doesn't really make sense to me. The only thing I'd ever heard about Elvis before this last weekend, was the altercation in the parking lot of the stadium. That particular story turned out to be overblown, but the damage was done the minute they posted the article, painting him in a certain negative light. Anyone that went back and really looked at the situation could figure out that it was nothing more than a guy getting pissed because an attendant wouldn't let him into his "office".

Other than that, I don't recall Elvis ever being in the media for anything other than community outreach and volunteer programs.

DENVERDUI55
07-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Usually when someone is arrested on a serious charge like this that it is media overblown.

oubronco
07-18-2012, 07:34 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Elvis-Dumervil-guns-billboard.jpg (http://larrybrownsports.com/football/denver-billboard-mocks-elvis-dumervil-for-firearm-arrest-picture/146911/attachment/elvis-dumervil-guns-billboard)

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2012, 07:38 AM
To be honest, this doesn't really make sense to me. The only thing I'd ever heard about Elvis before this last weekend, was the altercation in the parking lot of the stadium. That particular story turned out to be overblown, but the damage was done the minute they posted the article, painting him in a certain negative light. Anyone that went back and really looked at the situation could figure out that it was nothing more than a guy getting pissed because an attendant wouldn't let him into his "office".

Other than that, I don't recall Elvis ever being in the media for anything other than community outreach and volunteer programs.

This will end up that way too.

Boobs McGee
07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
This will end up that way too.

I hope you're right.

EDIT: (clarification) I hope this is all just overblown

bowtown
07-18-2012, 07:51 AM

There is a huge difference between Peyton Manning's upbringing and surrounding environment and many of these other kids'. It's not an excuse, but it is a factor.

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 07:52 AM

There are also the half dozen vehicular incidents, loss of license, etc. that came to light immediately after this incident.

Boobs McGee
07-18-2012, 08:02 AM
There are also the half dozen vehicular incidents, loss of license, etc. that came to light immediately after this incident.

Speeding tickets, driving on a suspended license, right. But, that history wasn't divulged until partway through this thread. I took what you said to mean as people knew about his history leading up to this, and formulated their opinions that way.

Must've misread your statement

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Dumervil and Aguste are friends. They were "together" as part of the carpool and they were not showing their guns to each other, they were showing them to the passengers in the middle car.

That much is obvious... Why would they suddenly stop and in the middle of a pissing contast with the other people in the white Impala and decide to have a mutual gun admiration contest???

Makes about as much sense as assuming Elvis did nothing at all ... as some here are trying to spin it in a very large reach of projection ... and yet the lady and guy in the car clearly got pissed at Elvis as well so much so that she also got out and threw something at his car.

How in the world would they even know Elvis and the Land Rover he was driving were connected in any way with Andy Aguste and his sliver Merc if Elivs had been this silent innocent bystander that just happened to be stuck behind the two adversaries in this argument!??

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Kaylore
07-18-2012, 09:08 AM
I honestly don't think any charges are going to be filed in this case. There is too much he said, she said and not enough to keep anything to stand on. I would expect some kind of action from Goodell, though.

pricejj
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
That much is obvious... Why would they suddenly stop and in the middle of a pissing contast with the other people in the white Impala and decide to have a mutual gun admiration contest???

Makes about as much sense as assuming Elvis did nothing at all ... as some here are trying to spin it in a very large reach of projection ... and yet the lady and guy in the car clearly got pissed at Elvis as well so much so that she also got out and threw something at his car.

How in the world would they even know Elvis and the Land Rover he was driving were connected in any way with Andy Aguste and his sliver Merc if Elivs had been this silent innocent bystander that just happened to be stuck behind the two adversaries in this argument!??

Makes no sense whatsoever.

This is a probable sequence of events (not a "very large reach of projection", as you claim):

1. The woman driver in the white impala pulled out of the parking lot, cutting off Dumervil in the Range Rover.
2. Dumervil honked his horn, letting the lady driver know she cut him off.
3. The woman driver honked back, with her and her husband gesturing towards Dumervil.
4. Dumervil either layed on his horn, or gestured back (prompting the woman driver and her husband to go psycho).
5. The husband gets out of the white Impala, screams curses and threats towards Dumervil, and doesn't get back in the car.
6. The woman driver gets out of the white Impala, taking the lead from her belligerent husband, screams, and throws an object at Dumervil's Range Rover.
7. Aguste, seeing the psycho couple in his rearview, goes psycho himself, and exits his silver Mercedes, carrying his gun.
8. Aguste, approaches the belligerent couple, and lifts his shirt, to show that he has a pistol, or points his gun (according to the eyewitness)
9. Dumervil exited his Range Rover, at this point, in an attempt to defuse the situation, which is not a crime. He did not say anything, according to the eyewitness.
*10. Dumervil, may or may not have lifted his shirt, showing a gun. No eyewitness saw it happen...he seems confident that he did not have a gun. The gun is being fingerprinted. The couple lied about their involvement, and lied about Dumervil, implicating he had a gun...to justify their behavior.
11. The belligerent couple retreat back into the white Impala, and the woman driver hits the gas, pulling around Aguste's silver Mercedes.
12. The Victoria's secret eyewitness calls 911 reporting that she saw an African-American male, driving a white Impala, pointing a gun at someone.
13. The police pull over the white Impala, where the couple lie about the situation, saying they 'honked', and were approached by two guys with guns.
14. The police arrest both Aguste and Dumervil.

Likely conclusion for Dumervil:
1. No fingerprints are found on the gun found in Elvis' car.
2. All charges against Dumervil are dropped.

Likely conclusion for Aguste:
1. I'm not sure how the law pertains to defense of a friend in a road-rage incident. However, it is clear that the couple left their vehicle first.
2. In defense, Aguste will claim he was protecting Dumervil, after seeing the belligerent couple throwing things, and threatening Dumervil.

DaFace
07-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I honestly don't think any charges are going to be filed in this case. There is too much he said, she said and not enough to keep anything to stand on. I would expect some kind of action from Goodell, though.

It really just depends on what other evidence is out there that we haven't heard about. I find it hard to believe that there weren't any other witnesses who saw this, so assuming that's the case, there should be people out there who can verify what happened one way or another.

If there aren't, it gets pleaded down to next to nothing at a minimum.

razorwire77
07-18-2012, 11:04 AM
It's looking to me like there's going enough reasonable doubt and he said/she said for Harvey Steinberg to drive a Range Rover through.

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I find it hard to believe that there weren't any other witnesses who saw this

That is a head scratcher. The traffic was so bad that the cars were all still in the same spot after God knows how long it took the police to get there, yet only one person in a random store across the street saw people getting out of their cars, yelling, and flashing guns?!? What about all the cars around them? What else could they have been looking at if traffic was at a standstill?

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 11:17 AM
This is a probable sequence of events (not a "very large reach of projection", as you claim):

1. The woman driver in the white impala pulled out of the parking lot, cutting off Dumervil in the Range Rover.
2. Dumervil honked his horn, letting the lady driver know she cut him off.
3. The woman driver honked back, with her and her husband gesturing towards Dumervil.
4. Dumervil either layed on his horn, or gestured back (prompting the woman driver and her husband to go psycho).
5. The husband gets out of the white Impala, screams curses and threats towards Dumervil, and doesn't get back in the car.
6. The woman driver gets out of the white Impala, taking the lead from her belligerent husband, screams, and throws an object at Dumervil's Range Rover.
7. Aguste, seeing the psycho couple in his rearview, goes psycho himself, and exits his silver Mercedes, carrying his gun.
8. Aguste, approaches the belligerent couple, and lifts his shirt, to show that he has a pistol, or points his gun (according to the eyewitness)
9. Dumervil exited his Range Rover, at this point, in an attempt to defuse the situation, which is not a crime. He did not say anything, according to the eyewitness.
*10. Dumervil, may or may not have lifted his shirt, showing a gun. No eyewitness saw it happen...he seems confident that he did not have a gun. The gun is being fingerprinted. The couple lied about their involvement, and lied about Dumervil, implicating he had a gun...to justify their behavior.
11. The belligerent couple retreat back into the white Impala, and the woman driver hits the gas, pulling around Aguste's silver Mercedes.
12. The Victoria's secret eyewitness calls 911 reporting that she saw an African-American male, driving a white Impala, pointing a gun at someone.
13. The police pull over the white Impala, where the couple lie about the situation, saying they 'honked', and were approached by two guys with guns.
14. The police arrest both Aguste and Dumervil.

Likely conclusion for Dumervil:
1. No fingerprints are found on the gun found in Elvis' car.
2. All charges against Dumervil are dropped.

Likely conclusion for Aguste:
1. I'm not sure how the law pertains to defense of a friend in a road-rage incident. However, it is clear that the couple left their vehicle first.
2. In defense, Aguste will claim he was protecting Dumervil, after seeing the belligerent couple throwing things, and threatening Dumervil.

HA,, well that's no dobut how Harvey will try to spin it.

It seems to me that beyond any doubt all parties here were Numbskull reactionary Neantherthals in there responses back and forth to one another over somethign so ridiculous as the white Impala 'merging' into traffic in between Doom and Auguste...

At this point it is your imagination JJ that is totally speculating that the White Impala nearly ran Doom off the road by 'cutting him off' wheras teh only reported statement if that the white Impala merged into traffic which only happens a hunderd times each day to all of us... And is NO excuse for engaging in a 'disrespect' throw down on any of these clowns parts!

Especailly Doom who is a multi-millionaire who could buy and sell those people in teh White Impala 1,000 times over no doubt, and it is Doom who should have the half ounce of common sense in his 50 cent brain to realize IT IS NOT WORTH gettign into a pissing contest with anyone in public for a person in his position!

After his career is over and an entire team and fan base is no longer counting on his normal decent behavior to insure he is playing on the field at full strenght each game, then he can knock himself out strutting all over Miami with his posse and showing his bling .. and guns if he so chooses.

At the very least Doom is guilty of really bad judgment here, ther eis no way he wasnt honking and cursing up a blue streak toward those people to elicite such a response to begin with.

For road rage to escalate to this point almost always requires at least two morons at play going at each other. Sure, flicking the bird here or there and a 'Screw you' can happen in hte moment but for something as trivial as some car merging between yours and your buddy;s car to end up in everyone out of their cars showing guns and throwing bottls shows a gross lack of self control and smarts all around.

baja
07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
When one grows up in a poverty culture and experiences sudden wealth there is almost always problems, most go broke within a few years. This is not only with pro athletes but with all people. Money changes you, it's almost impossible to keep the ego in check with the sudden wealth. Most here would have issues too.

oubronco
07-18-2012, 11:39 AM
That is a head scratcher. The traffic was so bad that the cars were all still in the same spot after God knows how long it took the police to get there, yet only one person in a random store across the street saw people getting out of their cars, yelling, and flashing guns?!? What about all the cars around them? What else could they have been looking at if traffic was at a standstill?

This is the most puzzling thing

pricejj
07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
For road rage to escalate to this point almost always requires at least two morons at play going at each other. Sure, flicking the bird here or there and a 'Screw you' can happen in hte moment but for something as trivial as some car merging between yours and your buddy;s car to end up in everyone out of their cars showing guns and throwing bottls shows a gross lack of self control and smarts all around.

I can see exactly how it happened, and it's pretty scary, because each person had a normal reaction. It was a culmination of a perfect storm.

Aguste pointing his gun, is the only reason why we even heard of this story, and he probably thought that the woman driver reached back into her car to get a gun, when in fact she was only reaching back into her car to get something to throw.

1. If Miami wasn't so dangerous, neither vehicle would have a gun.
1. If the lady wouldn't have almost caused Dumervil to get in a wreck, Dumervil wouldn't have honked.
2. If Dumervil wouldn't have honked, the lady wouldn't have honked back.
3. If Dumervil hadn't already been caught in stop-and-go traffic, in sweltering heat, on South Beach, Dumervil wouldn't have honked again.
4. If the cars weren't stopped, and the husband was driving (and not in the passenger seat), the husband wouldn't have gotten out of the car.
5. If the husband hadn't gotten out of the car, the woman driver would not have left the vehicle.
6. If the woman driver did not get out, and reach back into the car, Aguste, never would have gotten out, and brought his gun.
7. If the woman didn't start chucking stuff at his car, Elvis never would have gotten out.

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I can see exactly how it happened, and it's pretty scary, because each person had a normal reaction. It was a culmination of a perfect storm.

Aguste pointing his gun, is the only reason why we even heard of this story, and he probably thought that the woman driver reached back into her car to get a gun, when in fact she was only reaching back into her car to get something to throw.

1. If the lady wouldn't have almost caused Dumervil to get in a wreck, Dumervil wouldn't have honked.
3. If Dumervil hadn't already been caught in stop-and-go traffic, in sweltering heat, on South Beach, Dumervil wouldn't have honked again.
4. If the cars weren't stopped, and the husband was driving (and not in the passenger seat), the husband wouldn't have gotten out of the car.
5. If the husband hadn't gotten out of the car, the woman driver would not have left the vehicle.
6. If the woman driver did not get out, and reach back into the car, Aguste, never would have gotten out, and brought his gun.
7. If the woman didn't start chucking stuff at his car, Elvis never would have gotten out.

If that woman wasn't out walking alone at night, she never would have been raped. It's her fault.

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM

If pigs could fly ..... nothing would have happened :wave:

pricejj
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
If that woman wasn't out walking alone at night, she never would have been raped. It's her fault.

That is an idiotic statement.

It is quite easy to see how the hothead couple were the primary aggressors.
1. Reckless driving
2. Honking on the horn in retaliation to being honked at.
3. Gesturing and shouting, inside the car
4. The husband leaving the car, while gesturing and shouting towards Dumervil's car.
5. The hothead woman driver leaving the car, then reaching back in the car to grab who knows what.
6. The hothead woman driver emerging from the car a 2nd time, and throwing something at Dumervil's car.

What did Dumervil do to deserve all that?
1. Honk

Dexter
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM

Oh come on. I'm not saying that she deserves to be threatened with a gun, but this is a horrible comparison. If you cut someone off, cuss at them, give them the bird and throw **** at someones car, that's provoking someone and clearly that person shouldn't be surprised if someone gets out and does something stupid.

Throwing **** at someones car vs walking innocently down a street is a stupid stupid comparison.

I'm trying not to take sides on this one until all the facts are clearly out and there is or isn't a conviction, but seriously, this is ridiculous.

You can't act like the "victims" in this case are squeaky clean innocent. If they throw **** at someones car and get out, they're clearly being aggressive too.

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 12:59 PM

1. Reckless driving
4. The husband leaving the car, while gesturing and shouting towards Dumervil's car.
5. The hothead woman driver leaving the car, then reaching back in the car to grab who knows what.
6. The hothead woman driver emerging from the car a 2nd time, and throwing something at Dumervil's car.

1. Honk

Ummmm, no. 1, 2, and 3 have not been proven. That's one side of the story.

5 and 6? I have seen nothing to prove she got out of the car twice.

Sure it's "easy to see how the hothead couple were the primary aggressors" when you make up the facts of the case to support your side.

I could easily write a post showing how "easy it is to see how Dumervil was the primary aggressor" in all this. What if he simply let them merge in without doing anything? No honking, yelling, whatever. Just ease off the gas and let them merge in. He'd still clearly be able to see the car he was following. Where would we be today if he simply did that? I think we all know the answer.

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Oh come on. I'm not saying that she deserves to be threatened with a gun, but this is a horrible comparison. If you cut someone off, cuss at them, give them the bird and throw **** at someones car, that's provoking someone and clearly that person shouldn't be surprised if someone gets out and does something stupid.

Throwing **** at someones car vs walking innocently down a street is a stupid stupid comparison.

I'm trying not to take sides on this one until all the facts are clearly out and there is or isn't a conviction, but seriously, this is ridiculous.

You can't act like the "victims" in this case are squeaky clean innocent. If they throw **** at someones car and get out, they're clearly being aggressive too.

1. I'm not acting like the couple in this case are squeaky clean innocent. Never have.

2. Where did I say the woman walking down the street in my scenario was squeaky clean innocent. What if instead of a street, it was a bar and she was dressed a little slutty? Not enough? Well, she got up in front of everyone and starting dancing seductively? Not enough? Then she starts flirting with one of the guys in the bar? Clearly she's the aggressor here. What happens in the back room on the pinball machine is clearly the result of her irresponsible behavior.

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Not hard to believe at all! How often do you hear of broad daylight crimes with plenty of witnesses and so often hardly anyone will call the cops much less testify and even less offten try to intervene and stop the crime while it is happening. Its life in the real world.

Everyone who was within 50 yards of those cars saw some angle on what happened and 95% of them decided to 'mind their own business' if not duck incase some shooting started!

This is no puzzle at all, unfortunately!

Beantown Bronco
07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Not hard to believe at all! How often do you hear of broad daylight crimes with plenty of witnesses and so often hardly anyone will call the cops much less testify and even less offten try to intervene and stop the crime while it is happening. Its life in the real world.

Everyone who within 50 yards of those cars saw some angle on what happened and 95% of them decided to 'mind their own business' if not duck incase some shooting started!

This is no puzzle at all, unfortunately!

This happens with gang crime when you know the people that did it and fear retaliation. But not if you witness something involving an NFL player and it's all over the news, you can bet your ass people would normally be coming out of the woodwork to get their 15 minutes of fame on TMZ. Witness accounts should be flooding in on this one, but they're not. It's strange.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
And what happens when witnesses don't speak out?

People go free

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
This happens with gang crime when you know the people that did it and fear retaliation. But not if you witness something involving an NFL player and it's all over the news, you can bet your ass people would normally be coming out of the woodwork to get their 15 minutes of fame on TMZ. Witness accounts should be flooding in on this one, but they're not. It's strange.

Obviously there was one independent witness , the Victoria Secret doorlady,, that is all that is usually needed to corroborate a crime .. assuming their testimony holds up in court and jives with the accusors and the cop reports.

I really hope Schwartz does pull a few loop-holes out of his hat and springs Doom for our own selfish desires for the best season possible for the boys in Blue and Orange. But I think people are jaded and reticent about being witnesses to crimes unless they are forced too or really feel compelled to help which is the exception rather than the rule these days.

In any event, its early still for the late straggler 'I want to be on TV' witnesses to come in as it is. No doubt Harvey will dig up a few yet that saw the whole thing and have them all swear on the bible that Saint Dumbervil jumped out of his Rover in the nick of time and stopped his wayward friend Aguste from shooting the deranged women, and they will all testify Doom then pulled a bouquet of roses from his shorts rather than showing off a gun!

But if Dooms prints are on that gun he is cooked and he will very likely be missing the first 4 games, if not longer. Something I dont wish to contemplate right now.

I am pissed at him for being such a careless fool in how he handled this whole BS.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
From the sound of her 911 call, she seemed more confused than we are.

Hulamau
07-18-2012, 01:29 PM

I hope you are right Kaylore, its always possible .. though I hope you are wrong on the Goodell deal as that could well still hurt our season almost as much as a conviction .. which wouldnt happen until after the season is over in any event, the way Harvey can tie things up in court.

Dexter
07-18-2012, 01:48 PM
1. I'm not acting like the couple in this case are squeaky clean innocent. Never have.

2. Where did I say the woman walking down the street in my scenario was squeaky clean innocent. What if instead of a street, it was a bar and she was dressed a little slutty? Not enough? Well, she got up in front of everyone and starting dancing seductively? Not enough? Then she starts flirting with one of the guys in the bar? Clearly she's the aggressor here. What happens in the back room on the pinball machine is clearly the result of her irresponsible behavior.

So let me get this straight. You're saying that a woman that is dressing provocatively is the aggressor in being raped? You're then comparing that to this situation somehow or implying that people love to find a way to "fault" the victim. I'm not really sure which point you're trying to make.

Either way, comparing a woman who is showing clevage and legs to someone physically throwing something at someone's car is a puzzling comparison, and not really one that I feel makes much sense. But go ahead, obviously you know what you mean, and I don't. ^5

pricejj
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Ummmm, no. 1, 2, and 3 have not been proven. That's one side of the story.

The couple themselves admitted to 2 and 3 in their affidavit.

5 and 6? I have seen nothing to prove she got out of the car twice.

Unless she came out of the car originally, with the object in hand, she would have had to reach back in the car to grab it. Regardless, whether she rummaged through the car for something to throw, or not, is immaterial to Dumervil's case (it only has relevance to Aguste's case), and therefore does not matter to me. Her throwing the object (eyewitness) is of primary importance.

Sure it's "easy to see how the hothead couple were the primary aggressors" when you make up the facts of the case to support your side. I could easily write a post showing how "easy it is to see how Dumervil was the primary aggressor" in all this.
You would be parroting the couple's story. It has already been proven that they lied, from the eyewitness.

What if he simply let them merge in without doing anything? No honking, yelling, whatever. Just ease off the gas and let them merge in. He'd still clearly be able to see the car he was following. Where would we be today if he simply did that? I think we all know the answer.

Honking, does not make Dumervil a criminal, a thug, or a bad guy. I only care about this story in a legal sense. I don't have any horses in this race. If the roles were reversed, I would not be advocating for charges to be pressed on the couple, just as I am not criminalizing Dumervil now. I came into this thread a couple days ago, where you, and others, were ready to burn Dumervil at the stake. I simply pointed out, that the facts of the case reveal that Dumervil's role in this matter does not warrant the "thug" persona that you attribute to him.

I freaked out at first too, but when you build a picture of what really happened, it's easy to see why Dumervil is comfortable in stating "the truth will come out." I have seen no evidence which would warrant criminal charges, or a suspension from Goodell.

houghtam
07-18-2012, 02:53 PM
So let me get this straight. You're saying that a woman that is dressing provocatively is the aggressor in being raped? You're then comparing that to this situation somehow or implying that people love to find a way to "fault" the victim. I'm not really sure which point you're trying to make.

Either way, comparing a woman who is showing clevage and legs to someone physically throwing something at someone's car is a puzzling comparison, and not really one that I feel makes much sense. But go ahead, obviously you know what you mean, and I don't. ^5

The escalation in action related to the seriousness of the action is comparable. Throwing something at a car doesn't justify getting out of a car to confront the person that did it. If it happened in front of me I would be surprised as hell if someone got out of the car because someone threw something at their car.

Dexter
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
The escalation in action related to the seriousness of the action is comparable. Throwing something at a car doesn't justify getting out of a car to confront the person that did it. If it happened in front of me I would be surprised as hell if someone got out of the car because someone threw something at their car.

I disagree. If you throw something at my car, I'm not so sure I wouldn't get out of my car in anger. I definitely wouldn't be flashing a gun, but I may get out of my car to yell and say "WTF?". But am I going to rape someone who dresses provocatively? No. That's far more extreme. Not comparable to me, but whatever.

We'll agree to disagree though.

houghtam
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Gutless Drunk
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uh7tgX_Uaqs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pricejj
07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Throwing something at a car doesn't justify getting out of a car to confront the person that did it.

LOL

Criminal Law Act 1967: A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime or in arresting offenders or suspects.

It's called "defense of private property", and it's U.S. law. Dumervil did nothing wrong by leaving his car in order to protect private property. I am not sure how the law pertains to the use of guns, but in Dumervil's case, he didn't have one, so it's immaterial.

Aguste, on the other hand, is probably facing a felony charge, and jail time.

lonestar
07-18-2012, 04:53 PM
First guy said one ten dollar credit, second lady then bumped it to the $15 for 3 months, and an additional $20 a month for 6 months because I already get the premium channels!

Do you get NFL ticket? Is it worth it?

had NFL ticket for a decade or so till a couple of years ago when they wanted almost 350 for it .. then I killed it..

SInce I already get east and west coast feeds for CBS, NBC, and ABC combined with the local coverage, I rarely missed a game till the year before last, with Tebow on the team every game was shown.. ..

Might have missed 2 games a year and most of those were duds anyway..

anytime we played an east coast team I would see it.. the mid west teams not so much..

plus NFLN had games most of the time

lonestar
07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
heHA,, well that's no dobut how Harvey will try to spin it.

It seems to me that beyond any doubt all parties here were Numbskull reactionary Neantherthals in there responses back and forth to one another over somethign so ridiculous as the white Impala 'merging' into traffic in between Doom and Auguste...

At this point it is your imagination JJ that is totally speculating that the White Impala nearly ran Doom off the road by 'cutting him off' wheras teh only reported statement if that the white Impala merged into traffic which only happens a hunderd times each day to all of us... And is NO excuse for engaging in a 'disrespect' throw down on any of these clowns parts!

Especailly Doom who is a multi-millionaire who could buy and sell those people in teh White Impala 1,000 times over no doubt, and it is Doom who should have the half ounce of common sense in his 50 cent brain to realize IT IS NOT WORTH gettign into a pissing contest with anyone in public for a person in his position!

After his career is over and an entire team and fan base is no longer counting on his normal decent behavior to insure he is playing on the field at full strenght each game, then he can knock himself out strutting all over Miami with his posse and showing his bling .. and guns if he so chooses.

At the very least Doom is guilty of really bad judgment here, ther eis no way he wasnt honking and cursing up a blue streak toward those people to elicite such a response to begin with.

Good post and for most that are his nut huggers something they do not want to hear..

They will bend over backwards to say and do anything to twist or contort the facts to make their hero seem as pure as driven snow..

I for one await the actual facts that will come out in any investigation..

I also believe that the police will bend over backwards to be fair and unbiased as they can be..

The city of MIA makes millions in revenue from athletes that come to visit in the off-season.. For that matter potential home team players..

If the facts are not airtight on this then charges will be dropped. Plain and simple if they are not then good chance he will be on trail sometime in the near future..

lonestar
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Case in point a nuthugger..

lonestar
07-18-2012, 08:22 PM

I'd guess that somewhere there is security Video from a bank, store, or traffic cams.. If MIA does not have them then they are one of the few cities in the US that does not have them in high-profile areas..

anyone want to beat that someone did not use a cell phone camera on this..

lonestar
07-18-2012, 08:25 PM
The couple themselves admitted to 2 and 3 in their affidavit.

Unless she came out of the car originally, with the object in hand, she would have had to reach back in the car to grab it. Regardless, whether she rummaged through the car for something to throw, or not, is immaterial to Dumervil's case (it only has relevance to Aguste's case), and therefore does not matter to me. Her throwing the object (eyewitness) is of primary importance.

You would be parroting the couple's story. It has already been proven that they lied, from the eyewitness.

Honking, does not make Dumervil a criminal, a thug, or a bad guy. I only care about this story in a legal sense. I don't have any horses in this race. If the roles were reversed, I would not be advocating for charges to be pressed on the couple, just as I am not criminalizing Dumervil now. I came into this thread a couple days ago, where you, and others, were ready to burn Dumervil at the stake. I simply pointed out, that the facts of the case reveal that Dumervil's role in this matter does not warrant the "thug" persona that you attribute to him.

I freaked out at first too, but when you build a picture of what really happened, it's easy to see why Dumervil is comfortable in stating "the truth will come out." I have seen no evidence which would warrant criminal charges, or a suspension from Goodell.

are you like his cousin or secret lover ? I have never seen such a rabid defense of someone over something like this..

baja
07-18-2012, 08:45 PM
HA,, well that's no dobut how Harvey will try to spin it.

Have you ever been in Miami in July? The heat makes everyone crazy.

pricejj
07-19-2012, 02:20 AM
are you like his cousin or secret lover ? I have never seen such a rabid defense of someone over something like this..

People (like errand) we're jumping to conclusions and talking about his race.

I am only interested in the facts (like most Broncos fans on this board), and I'm confident he will be exonerated.

Most people want to know if he is going to be jailed or suspended, and I've came to the conclusion that he won't be (unless they find his fingerprints on the gun). If he actually committed a crime, I wouldn't be defending him.

You don't see me on here defending D.J. do you?

Play2win
07-19-2012, 03:44 AM

I think you are mistaken. Just being in Florida– anywhere in Florida– makes people bat-ass crazy.

Beantown Bronco
07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Honking, does not make Dumervil a criminal, a thug, or a bad guy.

Nope. But it makes an argument for HIM being the primary aggressor here. Not the couple in the other car. The exact opposite of what you are arguing.

I only care about this story in a legal sense. I don't have any horses in this race.

Your very biased arguments and prior discussion of "facts" that were anything but, says otherwise. You've gone out of your way several times to make non legal arguments exonerating Dum before knowing everything. The exact thing you're accusing all the people who are supposedly burning him at the stake are doing.

Stick to the day job.

I came into this thread a couple days ago, where you, and others, were ready to burn Dumervil at the stake.

Me? Please provide proof or admit you're making stuff up, again. I've gone out of my way NOT to do this.

I simply pointed out, that the facts of the case reveal that Dumervil's role in this matter does not warrant the "thug" persona that you attribute to him.

Here we go with facts again. You keep using this word improperly.What if when the gun prints are processed, it turns out that they are Dumervil's? And, again, show me where I called him a thug.

Criminal charges. Nope. But we could, when ALL the evidence is processed. We're not there yet.

Suspension from Goodell? Please. He already has enough to suspend him if he wants. He doesn't need guilt. All he needs is enough bad publicity.

Beantown Bronco
07-19-2012, 05:39 AM
If he actually committed a crime, I wouldn't be defending him.

Two completely different scenarios. DJ went through the whole process, was convicted, appealed, and lost again. Pretty impossible to defend a guy in that situation.

Any case against Dumervil hasn't even started yet. Much easier to defend a guy when facts are still being gathered.

pricejj
07-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Nope. But it makes an argument for HIM being the primary aggressor here.
No it doesn't. It's not illegal to honk. It is however, illegal to leave your car and throw things at another car.

What if when the gun prints are processed, it turns out that they are Dumervil's?

Then he's probably toast.

baja
07-19-2012, 07:24 AM
You know what I find hypocritical. We train year round defensive football players to be aggressive to the max. Preach it to them for hours in the meeting rooms. Pay them millions upon millions to be aggressive at a high level. Pour accolades on them when the complete an aggressive act, yet we expect these young men to turn it off live a switch when away from the gridiron. Most of these players have been playing football all their lives, at this point aggressiveness is in their makeup. What do you expect, a milk toast off the field and a killer gladiator on the field. Could you do it 24/7?

Beantown Bronco
07-19-2012, 07:37 AM
No it doesn't. It's not illegal to honk. It is however, illegal to leave your car and throw things at another car.

Where did I say it was illegal?

All I did was say that if he started it with the honking and yelling and most likely flipping off, then one could make the argument that those actions constitute "being the aggressor". Ever hear the term "aggressive behind the wheel." You don't have to get out of your car to be "aggressive".

Beantown Bronco
07-19-2012, 07:38 AM
You know what I find hypocritical. We train year round defensive football players to be aggressive to the max. Preach it to them for hours in the meeting rooms. Pay them millions upon millions to be aggressive at a high level. Pour accolades on them when the complete an aggressive act, yet we expect these young men to turn it off live a switch when away from the gridiron. Most of these players have been playing football all their lives, at this point aggressiveness is in their makeup. What do you expect, a milk toast off the field and a killer gladiator on the field. Could you do it 24/7?

True, but the NHL doesn't have this problem. And those guys are 10x as violent on the ice as these guys are on the field.

oubronco
07-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Wow this thread went full retard

RhymesayersDU
07-19-2012, 08:22 AM
True, but the NHL doesn't have this problem. And those guys are 10x as violent on the ice as these guys are on the field.

Oh it's just hanging there, ripe for the picking!

baja
07-19-2012, 09:06 AM

Generally hockey players do not come from single parent poverty stricken home and many of the NFL players do. These disadvantaged players do not have the benefit of being taught social skills that two parent, financially solvent families provide as a point of reference. Also hockey players do not get put on a pedestal of "can do not wrong" to the degree American football players do. I am saying our collective society does much to create the mind set of the football player to the point it is very hard to overcome.

baja
07-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Oh it's just hanging there, ripe for the picking!

It's not a race thing, it's a socialization thing. Many of our players who happen to be black do not get the role modeling necessary for a point of reference as to how to conduct themselves.

The Broncos would be wise to address this with mandatory behavioral classes for rookies and first year players. Players that have an incident should receive special counseling.

Beantown Bronco
07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Generally hockey players do not come from single parent poverty stricken home and many of the NFL players do. These disadvantaged players do not have the benefit of being taught social skills that two parent, financially solvent families provide as a point of reference. Also hockey players do not get put on a pedestal of "can do not wrong" to the degree American football players do. I am saying our collective society does much to create the mind set of the football player to the point it is very hard to overcome.

Yup. Different argument there, though. I was strictly dealing with the on/off switch between the day job and life outside the arena. Hockey players are just wired differently IMO. They can literally fight until they're bloody messes during a game and then go out to dinner with the guy they just fought, after the game. It's pretty comical how many of them are friends off the ice but truly hate each other during games.

baja
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Yup. Different argument there, though. I was strictly dealing with the on/off switch between the day job and life outside the arena. Hockey players are just wired differently IMO. They can literally fight until they're bloody messes during a game and then go out to dinner with the guy they just fought, after the game. It's pretty comical how many of them are friends off the ice but truly hate each other during games.

Not a different argument. I am saying the hockey player is able to make this distinction because of their earlier learned socialization skills mentored to them in a family network that had the ability to pass this on to them.

gyldenlove
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
In before this escalates out of hand - ooooh I am too late for that, foiled again!

BroncoBen
07-19-2012, 10:41 AM

The more I read and listen to radio about this.. the more I think Dumervil will have all the charges dropped. Now Roger Godell is another story, but even there Dumervil may only get a fine (due to player conduct) and not miss any games.

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM

I was there once in August. I nearly collapsed.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 10:49 AM

I live in MO and right now it's 99 with 50% humidity (which is really low humidity for us). In MIA right now it's 89 with 60% humidity. The only problem is everyone here is on Meth so I don't know if they're crazy due to the heat or the meth. How can they stand this heat with full blown mullets? How are their necks so red with all that hair covering it? This place confuses me.

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Having been to Miami and Miami Beach myself, I can say the place is full of idiots, to use a nice term. We took a cab to Miami Beach once, and north-bound on Collins Avenue, the driver of our cab was trying to flag down the guy driving ahead of us and tell him his driver's side door wasn't closed all the way. When the guy's attention was finally gotten, he didn't understand what the cabbie was trying to tell him, so he began screaming and howling at us in Spanish, shaking his fists.

I have not followed this story very closely, if nothing else, realizing how screwed up the unprofessional the media are. If Doom has his own gun - which I assume he would unless he were an idiot - then any fingerprints on any gun in his own car would be irrelevant. Saying "no" to if you have a gun doesn't necessarily mean guilt. It could mean he forgot he had one in there, or he thought he meant if the cop meant on his person. Some reports say neither the gun nor the car were his. To me the gun in the glove compartment is a non-issue.

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 10:53 AM
I live in MO and right now it's 99 with 50% humidity (which is really low humidity for us). In MIA right now it's 89 with 60% humidity. The only problem is everyone here is on Meth so I don't know if they're crazy due to the heat or the meth. How can they stand this heat with full blown mullets? How are their necks so red with all that hair covering it? This place confuses me.

I'm no meteorologist, but I think the dew point is a huge factor in it. High temp and high humidity here in Colorado do not feel like it does in Florida. It's a totally different animal down there.

baja
07-19-2012, 10:54 AM

LOL good one

baja
07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm no meteorologist, but I think the dew point is a huge factor in it. High temp and high humidity here in Colorado do not feel like it does in Florida. It's a totally different animal down there.

What's the difference between dew point and relative humidity?

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Relative humidity is a function of dew point. The higher the humidity, the closer the current temp is to the dew point. So all you need to know is temp and relative humidity.

But back to Elvis, I'm not one to judge until all the facts are out. I hope he is innocent in all this. I just don't see the point in everyone making up their own interpretations of events they weren't present for and don't have access to all the facts.

baja
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Relative humidity is a function of dew point. The higher the humidity, the closer the current temp is to the dew point. So all you need to know is temp and relative humidity.

But back to Elvis, I'm not one to judge until all the facts are out. I hope he is innocent in all this. I just don't see the point in everyone making up their own interpretations of events they weren't present for and don't have access to all the facts.

But then we wouldn't have 25 pages of hilarity

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 12:00 PM

I agree, and I'm glad the team is taking the intelligent stance (as they've done before) in assuming him innocent until proven guilty. People should not have their job or position pulled out from under them every time some accusation comes along.

As far as the humidity thing goes, I don't know what it is exactly, but I can give a perfect example. The AM of May 22, 2008 was when the huge Windsor tornado hit. I recall the weather that day; it was exceptionally humid (in Colorado terms) and warm. Yet, it only felt a fraction of what I felt in Miami or Tampa. What I would describe Florida as being is more than just humid, but as if one had stepped into a sauna.

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM

True, and without hilarity to keep us going, we may have to seppuku.

baja
07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I agree, and I'm glad the team is taking the intelligent stance (as they've done before) in assuming him innocent until proven guilty. People should not have their job or position pulled out from under them every time some accusation comes along.

As far as the humidity thing goes, I don't know what it is exactly, but I can give a perfect example. The AM of May 12, 2010 was when the huge Windsor tornado hit. I recall the weather that day; it was exceptionally humid (in Colorado terms) and warm. Yet, it only felt a fraction of what I felt in Miami or Tampa. What I would describe Florida as being is more than just humid, but as if one had stepped into a sauna.

Sea level

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Sea level

The air in Florida in the summer smells like the sea, that is true. It is very heavy, wet air. I've never experienced anything near it here in Colorado.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 12:16 PM

As far as the humidity thing goes, I don't know what it is exactly, but I can give a perfect example. The AM of May 22, 2008 was when the huge Windsor tornado hit. I recall the weather that day; it was exceptionally humid (in Colorado terms) and warm. Yet, it only felt a fraction of what I felt in Miami or Tampa. What I would describe Florida as being is more than just humid, but as if one had stepped into a sauna.

I'm sure it was, in colorado terms. The reason you said that is because it doesn't compare to Florida. This isn't that hard, meteorology is a science backed by mathematics. Just look at the math. Just because it was warm with high humidity for colorado doesn't mean it was comparable to hot with high humidity like in Florida. However, where I live we do have heat and humidity like down there. This is dumb, I was making a joke. I can walk you through this if you want without condescension but I don't want to do it in the "Elvis showed his gat off to people in traffic" thread.

Hulamau
07-19-2012, 12:21 PM

1. Reckless driving

1. Honk

Its clear now .. pricejj IS Dumervil!!

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm sure it was, in colorado terms. The reason you said that is because it doesn't compare to Florida. This isn't that hard, meteorology is a science backed by mathematics. Just look at the math. Just because it was warm with high humidity for colorado doesn't mean it was comparable to hot with high humidity like in Florida. However, where I live we do have heat and humidity like down there. This is dumb, I was making a joke. I can walk you through this if you want without condescension but I don't want to do it in the "Elvis showed his gat off to people in traffic" thread.

I didn't realize a simple discussion of climate and the differences between the interior of the country and the Florida panhandle was something needed to being condescending or insulting over.

I have experienced both 90 degree-plus temps and 100% humidity in both Colorado and Florida. All I know is that they are vastly different.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
I didn't realize a simple discussion of climate and the differences between the interior of the country and the Florida panhandle was something needed to being condescending or insulting over.

I have experienced both 90 degree-plus temps and 100% humidity in both Colorado and Florida. All I know is that they are vastly different.

I totally agree, that's why I said that. As soon as you offer to explain something to someone they usually take that as condescension much less what comes after it. Just trying to avoid all that. People have been pretty testy around here lately.

pricejj
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM

LOL

"The truth will come out"

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
LOL

"The truth will come out"

Keep your shirt down and get back to Denver. TC is about to start!

nyuk nyuk
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
What's the difference between dew point and relative humidity?

I'm not exactly sure. From observation of weather maps in different times of the year, it seems that dew point is more reflective of the kind of humidity I have experienced in Florida as opposed to just higher humidity+warmth in Colorado. We have lower dew points here, even if our humidity is 100% and it is hot.

baja
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm not exactly sure. From observation of weather maps in different times of the year, it seems that dew point is more reflective of the kind of humidity I have experienced in Florida as opposed to just higher humidity+warmth in Colorado. We have lower dew points here, even if our humidity is 100% and it is hot.
I believe Dew Point is that point that moisture precipitates out of the atmosphere creating Dew on the ground. It is related to ambient temperature and relative humidity. If the humidity remains the same and the temperature drops the moisture will condense and fall to the ground.

It has nothing to do with how it feels in Florida compared to how the same conditions feel in Colorado, I believe the felt difference is because Florida is at see level and the atmosphere feels heavier.

baja
07-19-2012, 12:50 PM
The same reason you can kick a football further in Mile High.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Really? Ok so humidity is simply approximated by the equation RH= 100-(25/9)(T-Tdp) where RH is relative humidity, T is temperature, and Tdp is the dew point temperature. So barometric pressure, altitude, blah blah blah has nothing to do with it. Location has nothing to do with it. Humidity level is relative to the current temperature and dew point temperature. If you know the dew point and temperature, you know the humidity. plain and simple. I'm being force fed this stuff by a meteorologist I was in the fraternity with. That and freakin wikipedia. This isn't that hard to look up.

You can't have lower dew points and 100% humidity unless it's extremely cold. Plug that into that equation. If humidity is 100% then the dew point is equal to the current temperature. Sooo, @ 100 % humidity, and 90 degrees outside, the dew point is 90 which is not low.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just get frustrated when there is a simple mathematical model out there easily accessible to everyone with internet access and yet these statements get made.

If you were outside and it was hot but dry you did not have high humidity/dew point. Plain and simple. If the weatherman told you the humidity was high it had to have been high relative to what Colorado normally has, not high as in a big number.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I believe Dew Point is that point that moisture precipitates out of the atmosphere creating Dew on the ground. It is related to ambient temperature and relative humidity. If the humidity remains the same and the temperature drops the moisture will condense and fall to the ground.

It has nothing to do with how it feels in Florida compared to how the same conditions feel in Colorado, I believe the felt difference is because Florida is at see level and the atmosphere feels heavier.

Yup, dew point is easy. At what temperature does the water in the air transition from vapor to liquid.

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Geez, talk about a thread devolving.

baja
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Geez, talk about a thread devolving.

Yes let's get back to arguing points of view with totally made up facts on both sides

Jetmeck
07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
You're a douche man....i never said cut him...I said IF CONVICTED or if he plead guilty to a felony I would do it if I owned a team.

But then again you obviously can't read either

BS .....go back and reread your posts. We all know your one of the dumbasses saying to cut his ass BEFORE we even get the facts.

YOU ARE WRONG AND AN IDIOT FOR SAYING THOSE THINGS AND NOT A MAN FOR ADMITTING IT.

Beej
07-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Really? Ok so humidity is simply approximated by the equation RH= 100-(25/9)(T-Tdp) where RH is relative humidity, T is temperature, and Tdp is the dew point temperature. So barometric pressure, altitude, blah blah blah has nothing to do with it. Location has nothing to do with it. Humidity level is relative to the current temperature and dew point temperature. If you know the dew point and temperature, you know the humidity. plain and simple. I'm being force fed this stuff by a meteorologist I was in the fraternity with. That and freakin wikipedia. This isn't that hard to look up.

You can't have lower dew points and 100% humidity unless it's extremely cold. Plug that into that equation. If humidity is 100% then the dew point is equal to the current temperature. Sooo, @ 100 % humidity, and 90 degrees outside, the dew point is 90 which is not low.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just get frustrated when there is a simple mathematical model out there easily accessible to everyone with internet access and yet these statements get made.

If you were outside and it was hot but dry you did not have high humidity/dew point. Plain and simple. If the weatherman told you the humidity was high it had to have been high relative to what Colorado normally has, not high as in a big number.

Barometric pressure most certainly has something to do with it. The partial pressure of water vapor and the saturation vapor pressure are dependent upon the barometric pressure. Why does water boil at a lower temperature at higher altitude?

JLesSPE
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Barometric pressure most certainly has something to do with it. The partial pressure of water vapor and the saturation vapor pressure are dependent upon the barometric pressure. Why does water boil at a lower temperature at higher altitude?

That's why I called it an approximation. Barometric pressure doesn't factor into that simplified version of the expression. I didn't feel like getting into dry bulb vs wet bulb temperatures and partial pressures and all that. I personally didn't feel it was necessary as we were talking about "felt effects" of humidity and temperature. I guess it just depends on how many significant digits you feel like using. I'm pretty OK with whole numbers when it comes down to how it feels outside. Again, this is some pretty old science so wiki it if you want to know. Or look one of the other thousands of sites that show you how to do weather calcs.

p7superfly
07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
So I roll into this thread looking to get the 'Mane inside scoop on Doom and whether he's doomed.

Not wanting to read 26 pages, I click to the final page...

Walk into a pretty sophisticated meteorological debate.

Gotta love the Mane.

WTF?

:thumbs:

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:18 PM
People (like errand) we're jumping to conclusions and talking about his race.

I am only interested in the facts (like most Broncos fans on this board), and I'm confident he will be exonerated.

Most people want to know if he is going to be jailed or suspended, and I've came to the conclusion that he won't be (unless they find his fingerprints on the gun). If he actually committed a crime, I wouldn't be defending him.

I just know that you have had 50+ posts here defending every variation that has been posted like his life depended on it..

only someone in love or related would be that strident.. IMO

as for want everyone wants you have no idea.. BUT I suspect it is the facts not your contorted defense of him..

give it a rest please.. over the next few days the facts will come out and 90% of the posts on here will be asinine..

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Nope. But it makes an argument for HIM being the primary aggressor here. Not the couple in the other car. The exact opposite of what you are arguing.

Your very biased arguments and prior discussion of "facts" that were anything but, says otherwise. You've gone out of your way several times to make non legal arguments exonerating Dum before knowing everything. The exact thing you're accusing all the people who are supposedly burning him at the stake are doing.

Stick to the day job.

Me? Please provide proof or admit you're making stuff up, again. I've gone out of my way NOT to do this.

Here we go with facts again. You keep using this word improperly.What if when the gun prints are processed, it turns out that they are Dumervil's? And, again, show me where I called him a thug.

Criminal charges. Nope. But we could, when ALL the evidence is processed. We're not there yet.

Suspension from Goodell? Please. He already has enough to suspend him if he wants. He doesn't need guilt. All he needs is enough bad publicity.

my thoughts exactly.. he/she sure has her/his panties in a wad, think their is a bromance going on here..

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:22 PM

ask Randy Gradisher..

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:52 PM

Stupidity sounds better..

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM

nope girlfriend.. boyfriend but he/she is very close to him..

lonestar
07-19-2012, 05:56 PM

or in some areas frost..

errand
07-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Jetmeck, again, you're a ****ing doiuche who cannot read....

This is my post :

Originally Posted by errand

and then you being the idiot you are posted this:

BS.....go back and reread your posts. We all know your one of the dumbasses saying to cut his ass BEFORE we even get the facts.

YOU ARE WRONG AND AN IDIOT FOR SAYING THOSE THINGS AND NOT A MAN FOR ADMITTING IT.

Because you read this:

What kills me is whenever the player isn't a Bronco we all laugh at the idiot...but whenever it's one of our own, we have some clowns in here downplaying it....

If I was an NFL owner this **** wouldn't go unpunished, I'd have a clause in the contracts that would enable me to recoup any bonuses paid, and void their contract immediately upon conviction, or guilty plea of ANY kind on a felony charge...and i'd suspend them for however many games warranted depending on any other misdemeanor convictions.

If other owners want the dumbasses, let them have them.

Again douche...read with the intent to comprehend...I said upon conviction or guilty plea to a felony

God! you're such a stupid person....

boltaneer
07-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Damn. Bunch of angry Dumervil's in here...

baja
07-19-2012, 06:41 PM

This is my post :

BS.....go back and reread your posts. We all know your one of the dumbasses saying to cut his ass BEFORE we even get the facts.

Because you read this:

Again douche...read with the intent to comprehend...I said upon conviction or guilty plea to a felony

In my best Forest Gump voice, "Stupid id as stupid does".

errand
07-19-2012, 06:47 PM
In my best Forest Gump voice, "Stupid id as stupid does".

even you admitted you misread the post that you both commented erroneously on.

Even if he didn't believe me, surely he'd have believed you...but then again, like you said..."stupid is as stupid does"

baja
07-19-2012, 07:01 PM
even you admitted you misread the post that you both commented erroneously on.

Even if he didn't believe me, surely he'd have believed you...but then again, like you said..."stupid is as stupid does"

You sure do let little things get you worked up.

Have you ever considered meditation.

errand
07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
You sure do let little things get you worked up.

Have you ever considered meditation.

Nope...that ****'s for p***Y liberals :rofl:

J/K

Bottom line is Jetmeck called me a liar....and I had to point out that I was not lying.

SoCalBronco
07-19-2012, 07:39 PM
How bout more actual discussion and less back and forth insults?

That's not a request.

Gcver2ver3
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Damn. Bunch of angry Dumervil's in here...

just say dumervils... no need to say angry, thats redundant...

theAPAOps5
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
How bout more actual discussion and less back and forth insults?

That's not a request.

What about weather talk, because let me tell you it was pretty cool to open the last page and read an argument about relative humidity. Nowhere, but the orange mane would you see that.

BroncsCheer
07-19-2012, 08:36 PM
ask Randy Gradisher..

Or Troy Polamalu

theAPAOps5
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM

I just have to quote this. One of the ultimate greatest posts in a totally unrelated thread. It's like a Seinfeld episode.

Jetmeck
07-20-2012, 02:26 PM

This is my post :

Because you read this:

How stupid are you................to show one of your posts. You have posted a dozen times here about this and the general consensus of your posts is he is guilty evene before you have the real info.

Just admit your wrong................

hades
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Because it's closer to the sun?

baja
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Only at high noon in June

DENVERDUI55
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
OK we dodged a bullet well sounds like everyone involved did too......