PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil arrested in Miami. Aggravated assualt with a firearm.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I met Knowshon at a party in Littleton, dude is still huge. Unless you're a very big dude yourself, I highly doubt that.

Krav Maga can be your friend.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
How does open carry fit into this, that is if this particular area allows open carry.

He still brandished the weapon. You can't do that unless deadly forced is justified.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Krav Maga can be your friend.
krav maga works against offensive lineman as well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Being close to the season wouldn't Goodell have to act fast to impose a suspension? Or would a suspension be implemented in 2013 after and if it has gone through the courts

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
krav maga works against offensive lineman as well.

Indeed it does.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Indeed it does.better start then.

BroncoBen
07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Being close to the season wouldn't Goodell have to act fast to impose a suspension? Or would a suspension be implemented in 2013 after and if it has gone through the courts

That is what I am thinking.. if the DA goes forward with any charges it will take some time to go thru the courts and I am sure Dumervil's agent will push it back as far as possible.

It will be 2013 before Goodell will get his suspension.

JLesSPE
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
He still brandished the weapon. You can't do that unless deadly forced is justified.

Is it brandishing if he didn't touch it? I mean open carry your gun is out on display. What's the difference between that and lifting your shirt? I know in some states if you're carrying concealed and you accidentally show it you can lose your permit, but I've never understood how that works in places where open carry is allowed.

Obviously brandishing takes intent into account. Accidental display and lifting your shirt to show it during a dispute are totally different circumstances...I'm just arguing technicalities.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
better start then.

Start G level?

fdf
07-16-2012, 12:34 PM
How does open carry fit into this, that is if this particular area allows open carry.

I don't know if FLA is an open carry state or not. But if their law is like everyone else's, gesturing with or at the gun in a threatening way is still "brandishing," even if they could see the gun before the gesture.

Carrying a gun openly and threatening people with it are two completely different things. The first is probably a protected constitutional right. The second is way over the line into thug-land. Big honkin' no-no. And it ought to be a no-no.

Illustration, your hands are in public view most of the time. But if you close your fist an cock it at someone, that's assault.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Is it brandishing if he didn't touch it? I mean open carry your gun is out on display. What's the difference between that and lifting your shirt? I know in some states if you're carrying concealed and you accidentally show it you can lose your permit, but I've never understood how that works in places where open carry is allowed.

Obviously brandishing takes intent into account. Accidental display and lifting your shirt to show it during a dispute are totally different circumstances...I'm just arguing technicalities.

He lifted his shirt to threaten the victim(if the reports are true) ergo he brandished it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Throwing a bottle is assault too. Not sure why they didn't catch that charge. I throw a bottle at someone's car I'm catching that charge.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Throwing a bottle is assault too. Not sure why they didn't catch that charge. I throw a bottle at someone's car I'm catching that charge.

I agree. Rarely is someone zero percent negligent.

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
That must have been one tough Lady in the car to make 2 dudes so scared that they had to show her they had guns.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Start G level? a start is a start

Requiem
07-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Sounds like Dumervil's actions were reactionary to the man in the Mercedes flashing his gun first. I'm not even sure why he felt the need to do the same. Pretty sad. For as much crap as the Bengals get, there hasn't been a more dysfunctional NFL franchise from a Public Relations perspective than the Denver Broncos since we were in the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh all those years ago. It is beyond pathetic and embarassing as a fan.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 12:49 PM

assault I doubt, criminal mischief disorderly conduct yup. the criminal miscbif could be a felony though if more the a grand

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Sounds like Dumervil's actions were reactionary to the man in the Mercedes flashing his gun first. I'm not even sure why he felt the need to do the same. Pretty sad. For as much crap as the Bengals get, there hasn't been a more dysfunctional NFL franchise from a Public Relations perspective than the Denver Broncos since we were in the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh all those years ago. It is beyond pathetic and embarassing as a fan.

Yep

All the more dumb...if that guy brandished his....why would he pursue the guy? Good grief.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
a start is a start

Not when your starting G from the P levels. A start is a start when youre P1 and wearing white. In today's America you don't really want to use a lot of what you learn or you'll end up being Zimmermans cell mate.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
assault I doubt, criminal mischief disorderly conduct yup. the criminal miscbif could be a felony though if more the a grand

That's true since its a car being hit instead of a bottle actually thrown at a person. Seems like there should be a lot of witnesses since it was stop and go traffic.

Wolfe better get his big boy pants on in case of a suspension.

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 01:00 PM

I thought it was a Lady in the Impala and people in the Merc were with Doom?

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 01:01 PM

that is correct

Prodigal19
07-16-2012, 01:03 PM

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Dumervil can say that he saw the other guy flash his gun first and was only flashing his gun to the women in a "I've got your back if the other guy pulls out his gun" type of manner.

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
That's true since its a car being hit instead of a bottle actually thrown at a person. Seems like there should be a lot of witnesses since it was stop and go traffic.

Wolfe better get his big boy pants on in case of a suspension.it will be interesting to see if doom gets in trouble over this, the information come tonight seems to me pretty damning.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. Maybe Dumervil can say that he saw the other guy flash his gun first and was only flashing his gun to the women in a "I've got your back if the other guy pulls out his gun" type of manner.

Still illegal. The other guy doing it doesn't make it okay.

there literally is no excuse for this as the story is being told people...stop trying

Requiem
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM

The lady (Kristine Ramirez) in the Impala merged between Dumervil (driving a Land Rover) and Aguste (driving a Mercedes). There were three cars.

From what I've read and understood, the driver of the Mercedes (Aguste) got into a verbal confrontation with Ramirez and a passenger in her car. The altercation got heated, so Aguste ended up brandishing his weapon.

Dumervil (leaving his Land Rover) went up to the Impala and did the same. Why? I do not know. When? I'm assuming after Aguste's spat with Ramirez and her passenger.

All of it is stupid. I mean, really? Since when did someone merging in front of your car necessitate the need to brandish a weapon? A simple "F you!" or honk of the horn is enough for me -- and I do it on a daily basis.

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:08 PM
That must have been one tough Lady in the car to make 2 dudes so scared that they had to show her they had guns.

They just showed the wrong guns. Perhaps they meant to show her these instead:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kU0XCVey_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Requiem
07-16-2012, 01:10 PM

there literally is no excuse for this as the story is being told people...stop trying

I don't think Prodigal was attempting to make an excuse for his behavior. Just trying to understand why he did so in the first place. He may very well be right in his assumption that Dumervil brandished his weapon to Aguste in order for him to "step down." Everyone knows what he did here was stupid and illegal. Now we are left to interpret the scenario and wonder what kind of conclusion it will have for not only Elvis, but the team.

Prodigal19
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM

I am not trying to make excuses for him, I am just speculating about how he might try to defend himself. Is it really illegal to just show your gun, even if you don't mean it in an aggressive manner?

Mogulseeker
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
They just showed the wrong guns. Perhaps they meant to show her these instead:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kU0XCVey_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We watched that film after our graduation in Boot Camp. Even though Full Metal Jacket is on the USN/USMC "do not play list."

Beantown Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
He may very well be right in his assumption that Dumervil brandished his weapon to Aguste in order for him to "step down.".

Dumervil and Aguste are friends. They were "together" as part of the carpool and they were not showing their guns to each other, they were showing them to the passengers in the middle car.

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
I am not trying to make excuses for him, I am just speculating about how he might try to defend himself. Is it really illegal to just show your gun, even if you don't mean it in an aggressive manner?

Yes.

Imagine you and I are in a argument about old coke vs new coke and I show you a gun with the understanding that if you didn't agree that old coke was better that I would shoot you for it? I've threatened your life.

edog24
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
How different is this from the Plaxico case? Seems like there are similarities, except Elvis's firearm never went off. I don't think Goodell is very keen on these guys carrying weapons. I wouldn't be suprised if this turns out very badly for us.

Prodigal19
07-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Yes.

Imagine you and I are in a argument about old coke vs new coke and I show you a gun with the understanding that if you didn't agree that old coke was better that I would shoot you for it? I've threatened your life.

A better analogy to what I actually posted would be two people are arguing about whether coke or pepsi is better. Coke guy flashes his gun to pepsi guy in an intimidating manner. Pepsi guy, scared ****less, looks out of the corner of his eye at some other guy who flashes his gun and nods at him to show him that he will be alright. Coke guy doesnt see the 3rd guy flash his gun.

I highly doubt that this is what happened, but it im just saying its a possible defense.

Edit: though beantowns post pretty much invalidates this.

Requiem
07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Dumervil and Aguste are friends. They were "together" as part of the carpool and they were not showing their guns to each other, they were showing them to the passengers in the middle car.

Oh goodness! Thanks for the clarification Beantown.

*goes back to the drawing board*

Now this makes Dumervil and Aguste's actions even more puzzling. WHAT THE HELL!

razorwire77
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
How different is this from the Plaxico case? Seems like there are similarities, except Elvis's firearm never went off. I don't think Goodell is very keen on these guys carrying weapons. I wouldn't be suprised if this turns out very badly for us.

Huge difference. Plax was in a nightclub, in a city which has the strictest gun laws in the country. The gun discharged and it hit him in the leg. Sort of like the difference between getting a DUI, and driving drunk and crashing your car into a building in the city with the strictest DUI laws in the country. Both are stupid, one is several degrees more stupid on the dumb athlete dial.

DaFace
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Completely different situation. Plaxico didn't pull his weapon, but he didn't have a permit for it. Dumervil brandished his weapon, but he (seemingly) did have a permit for it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM

The law and state are different. Plax got 2 years in prison. You can carry a weapon in places other than NY

ludo21
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Wolfe will save us!! ;D

Requiem
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM
MethWolfe lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Dumer(evil).

cmhargrove
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
What ever happen to a good 'ol fistfight? Why does everyone need a gun these days?

Does anyone else find it kind of sad that a 260lb professional football player doesn't feel comfortable just kicking someone's ass? A defensive lineman at that...

Requiem
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, he is only 5'11. . .

Rabb
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Well, he is only 5'11. . .

and he knows he is awful against the run, etc.

/normalomanerant

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM
What ever happen to a good 'ol fistfight? Why does everyone need a gun these days?

Does anyone else find it kind of sad that a 260lb professional football player doesn't feel comfortable just kicking someone's ass? A defensive lineman at that...

I wonder what the dude with the chick looked like. Not sure what doom thought would happen. Like did he think he would actually use it? Nope. He most likely wanted to show it to instill fear. But you never know how the other party will react. Some street thug in the passenger seat has nothin to lose. He'd shoot his own gun no problem. The little thugs on the street are trigger happy and don't care about doin a stretch. Doom on the other hand? Has everything to lose. Beyond stupid decision.

baja
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I think everyone should be allowed to kill one bad driver every 6 years.

EmpireOrange
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Argh, Doom, damn you! I love ya man, but dayum your effing up our super bowl run. Fack. Dick!

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM

People been sticking guns down each other since the gun came about. Nothing new

CEH
07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Argh, Doom, damn you! I love ya man, but dayum your effing up our super bowl run. Fack. Dick!

Gotta agree. He's a central piece to this defense. What an assclown

EmpireOrange
MethWolfe lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Dumer(evil).

Hold your stinky flappy lips there, sir! One lil mishap you and you throw the guy out in the cold? Let me guess, you're a recovering Teboner, is that it? Live in south florida and not be armed, I dare ya!

Dumervil is a bronco and will be there all season long.

Beantown Bronco
I think everyone should be allowed to kill one bad driver every 6 years.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2XRvUalpIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Garcia Bronco
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z2XRvUalpIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love that movie. I hate Dane Cook, but this had a happy ending.

baja
07-16-2012, 02:11 PM
You guys sure like the word 'branshed'

pricejj
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM
You guys sure like the word 'branshed'

There is nothing wrong with "brandishing" your weapon, as long as it is in the privacy of your own home.

Requiem
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Hold your stinky flappy lips there, sir! One lil mishap you and you throw the guy out in the cold? Let me guess, you're a recovering Teboner, is that it? Live in south florida and not be armed, I dare ya!

Dumervil is a bronco and will be there all season long.

You are beyond retarded. Teboner? I'm an FSU fan, dip****. You think I like Tebow?

Rabb
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
People been sticking guns down each other since the gun came about. Nothing new

this just fascinates me and I cannot really figure out why

Requiem
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
this just fascinates me and I cannot really figure out why

Same reason hicks go out and buy trucks and trick them out to be the next Gravedigger. (Monster truck driver.)

cmhargrove
07-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Same reason hicks go out and buy trucks and trick them out to be the next Gravedigger. (Monster truck driver.)

I know we have road rage here in Oklahoma, but you are much more likely to get into a fistfight than a gunfight. A gool old asskicking used to be a pretty good deterrent, but now everyone is a gangsta.

I'll still stick by my point that any professional football player should feel embarrassed to start a conflict/confrontation with a gun. 5'11" and 260 lbs is pretty stacked - especially on a guy who makes his living fighting with guys that outweigh him by 60-70 lbs.

Sad Elvis, just sad...

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I know we have road rage here in Oklahoma, but you are much more likely to get into a fistfight than a gunfight. A gool old asskicking used to be a pretty good deterrent, but now everyone is a gangsta.

I'll still stick by my point that any professional football player should feel embarrassed to start a conflict/confrontation with a gun. 5'11" and 260 lbs is pretty stacked - especially on a guy who makes his living fighting with guys that outweigh him by 60-70 lbs.

Sad Elvis, just sad...

he's the exact same size as Mike Tyson, perhaps heavier with longer reach too. Why does he need to flash a gun at some crazy woman driver? You'd think he'd be smart enough just to let crazy biatch go.

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey Doom, crazy biatch just got your money, how you like her now?

Broncos_OTM
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
You are beyond retarded. Teboner? I'm an FSU fan, dip****. You think I like Tebow?

were you molested by a hick? you sure like talking about 'em.

DBroncos4life
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Sad Elvis, just sad...

Flash a gun at a chick vs getting into a fist fight with a chick.

Bacchus
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Y A W N....

Wake me up when Training Camp starts.

KillerBronco#76
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I like how Peyton Is bringing a new tough guy mentality to our team...

http://s16.postimage.org/f4ozrhd2b/peyton_manning.jpg

maven
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
What an idiot.

It's a Saturday, that road is jammed at that time of day, traffic is at a stand still and an Impala cut you off.

Elvis Dumbass.

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Have we cut Doom yet?

baja
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Define 'cut off'.

Mogulseeker
07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
What an idiot.

It's a Saturday, that road is jammed at that time of day, traffic is at a stand still and an Impala cut you off.

Elvis Dumbass.

In all understanding, he was probably pissed off the lady was throwing beer bottles or whatever at him. Still uncalled for pulling a gun.

RhymesayersDU
07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Have we cut Doom yet?

Why would we cut one of the best players on the team??

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Exactly. Suspension or no suspension. But cutting? Good thing for the ravens they didn't cut Ray Lewis back in the day

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Now I am thinking Doom tore his pec pulling guns on people and stuff.

CUT HIM or trade him NOW before anyone knows what is going on or something so we can get a 1st round pick, a 5th and 7th next year! Just think if we traded him to someone for a 1st, 4th and 6th then they find out a couple days later that he is in jail for like years and stuff!

lol /scarcasm

Bronco Rob
07-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say

Read more: Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/elvis-dumervil-arrest-miami-road-rage?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz20qGA5NXG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

cutthemdown
07-16-2012, 07:15 PM
He's going to need a great attorney. Maybe they can say to diffuse the situation and stop the men from approaching the let them know they had weapons by pulling up shirt.

I have this to say though. Either Doom is a gangster, and his friend, and they deserve to get what gangsters get. Or Doom is out playing like he's a tough gangsters. Either way you play like that you will end up shot one day. Either by police, by a real thug, or just some citizen who also had a gun.

What a ****twad. NFL just full of a bunch of thugs. Goodall is worried about an on field bounty, hell hes going to have to start kicking dudes out of the NFL.

Going around brandishing weapons, whata joke.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Ha! Has to be sarcasm when you want to CUT a player for draft picks.

El Guapo
07-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Just saw on Facebook via the Post that Denver is #3 in total player arrests now. Awesome.

400HZ
07-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I was under the impression that the amount paid for bail was 10% of the bail...for instance if his bail was $7500, he only needs to pay $750 up front...however if he fails to show, the bails bondsman is out $7500....of course Doom can bail his own ass out, so who knows?

Depends on the type of bond the Court required. Different jurisdictions are different, but $7500 is about standard for a low-to-mid felony, whether it's a cash bond where only 10% typically needs to be posted or a cash/surety type where it's either the full amount in cash or execution of a bond through a bondsmen with solvent sureties. Either way, it doesn't point to a minor charge.

cutthemdown
07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Just saw on Facebook via the Post that Denver is #3 in total player arrests now. Awesome.

When they come up short we will know one of the reasons. Lack of character on the team. Its been happening too much to not admit we have a huge problem in Denver. Number 3! Hell Nate Webster in prison for sexing up a teenager, Cox put his cox into a passed out girl and impregnated her. I don't believe any of them anymore or give them the benefit of the doubt.

Probably half the NFL are people that should be locked up. Had they not made it in football they would have made awesome bloods and crips.

errand
07-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Read post 167

Yeah, but you didn't say sorry....

errand
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Looks like Doom just wanted to scare the people that pissed him off. Bad idea but the desire to do what he did is totally understandable. Is there any one of you that has not ever felt like doing something similarly dumb when cut off badly.

Nope...mainly because you never know who might be packing.....

Bmore Manning
07-16-2012, 08:17 PM
This is very disappointing... Beg Peyton to come to the team, and then conduct yourself in a way that could cause serious legal and team impactful ramifications. SMH

RhymesayersDU
07-16-2012, 08:20 PM
When they come up short we will know one of the reasons. Lack of character on the team. Its been happening too much to not admit we have a huge problem in Denver. Number 3! Hell Nate Webster in prison for sexing up a teenager, Cox put his cox into a passed out girl and impregnated her. I don't believe any of them anymore or give them the benefit of the doubt.

Probably half the NFL are people that should be locked up. Had they not made it in football they would have made awesome bloods and crips.

I agree, all black people are either athletes or gang bangers. Oh and rappers.

errand
07-16-2012, 08:27 PM
If the others didn't have a weapon why the hell would he pull his? Was he afraid of the passenger or the woman?

to intimidate...plain and simple.

Gansta's gotta represent....

broncswin
07-16-2012, 08:36 PM

Wow...never mentioned black in that post...aren't there other ethnicities that play in the nfl:thumbs:

errand
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM

I know right? Amazing how people will try to come up with ways Doom can beat the rap...

How about holding him accountable for his actions. If he did it, get rid of his ass, cuz he'll do it again....

DBroncos4life
07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I know right? Amazing how people will try to come up with ways Doom can beat the rap...

How about holding him accountable for his actions. If he did it, get rid of his ass, cuz he'll do it again....

It's amazing how people think one **** up in 28 years is all the sudden a pattern. Hilarious!

errand
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM

Yes...raising your shirt to show a gun tucked into your boxers while your shorts are hanging around mid thigh is nothing more than a thug trying to intimidate someone....

bowtown
07-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes...raising your shirt to show a gun tucked into your boxers while your shorts are hanging around mid thigh is nothing more than a thug trying to intimidate someone....

Didn't see where in the report it mention how he was wearing his pants.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say

Read more: Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/elvis-dumervil-arrest-miami-road-rage?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz20qGA5NXG
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

That's a bit misleading...according to witnesses he brandished his weapon, but by time cops arrived, he obviously had placed it in his glove compartment, and denied having one.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM

No they're not...however i will agree that those three examples you gave are what a vast majority of young black men aspire to be....

errand
07-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Didn't see where in the report it mention how he was wearing his pants.

That was just an attempt at humor....even if he was in a Amani suit...pulling up your shirt or opening your coat and showing off a weapon is an attempt to intimidate

errand
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
It's amazing how people think one **** up in 28 years is all the sudden a pattern. Hilarious!

amazing how you don't think he'd do it again....especially if he gets away with it this time. You know it's his 2nd arrest in 3 years...

bowtown
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
That was just an attempt at humor....even if he was in a Amani suit...pulling up your shirt or opening your coat and showing off a weapon is an attempt to intimidate

Just not sure it really helps anything to bring that kind of hilarity into a situation like this. The facts seem to be enough at this point.

mwill07
07-16-2012, 09:12 PM
No they're not...however i will agree that those three examples you gave are what a vast majority of young black men aspire to be....

vast majority?

mwill07
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
That's a bit misleading...according to witnesses he brandished his weapon, but by time cops arrived, he obviously had placed it in his glove compartment, and denied having one.

because witnesses are 100% accurate, right?

BigPlayShay
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM

It was being discussed on the radio today (FM 1043 The Fan) that the location of the Victoria's Secret store in relation to where the altercation took place would make it pretty much impossible for the employee in that store to see if Dumervil actually brandished the gun.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
vast majority?

Yes....

Condaleeza Rice is ridiculed in the black community...so is Clarence Thomas, or Herman Cain...

Gansta rappers, athletes, and thugs are generally the ones they glorify

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM

I want to know how a victoria secret employee can see through a car. If she was looking from her store how could she see the other side of the car? One of the brandishers back would be facing her too.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:21 PM

They might not be accurate 100%, but i'm sure they saw what they saw.....

Why would the woman from Victoria's Secret store lie?

What is her motive for lying?

Drunken.Broncoholic
It was being discussed on the radio today (FM 1043 The Fan) that the location of the Victoria's Secret store in relation to where the altercation took place would make it pretty much impossible for the employee in that store to see if Dumervil actually brandished the gun.

Lol that's what I was just saying

mwill07
Yes....

Condaleeza Rice is ridiculed in the black community...so is Clarence Thomas, or Herman Cain...

Gansta rappers, athletes, and thugs are generally the ones they glorify

I think maybe you watch too many movies.

mwill07
07-16-2012, 09:22 PM

maybe not lying, but maybe not 100% sure what she saw.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM

I watched a show on the discovery channel that researched eye witness accounts. Over half of them were wrong in the experiments. Some of the accounts were so far off it was ridiculous. The public can be really stupid sometimes. One example was they watched a mugging, and over half got the description of the mugger wrong. They had no reason to lie.

bowtown
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I think maybe you watch too many movies.

And lives in the mountains of North Carolina....

errand
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I want to know how a victoria secret employee can see through a car. If she was looking from her store how could she see the other side of the car? One of the brandishers back would be facing her too.

..or they could have had the weapons exposed as they turned around to go back to their car.

For example, Dumervil with his back to the witness, raises his shirt facing the Impala...he then puts it back down, turns around and the witness notices he takes it out of the front of his pants as he puts it back into his car....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he showed the Impala the weapon....

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM

CUT HIS AZZ! Ayers can clean up what ever Von can't get to and Ayers will set sack records never before seen by the Modern NFL!

Mogulseeker
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
The lawyer representing Dumervil is the same lawyer that represents famous gangbanger Brian Hicks.

Westwood also speculated in the months leading up to the trail, that he was supposed to represent the dude who killed Darrent Williams.

Just sayin.

Do lawyers pledge allegiances to gangs? Or to money? Or both?

mwill07
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
..or they could have had the weapons exposed as they turned around to go back to their car.

For example, Dumervil with his back to the witness, raises his shirt facing the Impala...he then puts it back down, turns around and the witness notices he takes it out of the front of his pants as he puts it back into his car....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he showed the Impala the weapon....

so you are expecting a jury to convict on what an eye-witness thinks might have been there?

BigPlayShay
07-16-2012, 09:31 PM

News 4 interviewed her by phone today. The victims in the Impala came into the store and said "they have a gun". The employee then called the cops. She was also asked if she saw the guns and answered with "well the police searched the cars and found the guns, so...".

Take it FWIW.

broncosteven
07-16-2012, 09:32 PM

Cut Doom then CUt KM for being a drunken bust.

Jason in LA
07-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow...never mentioned black in that post...aren't there other ethnicities that play in the nfl:thumbs:

Well, members of the bloods and crips are pretty much all black. I'm just saying. ;D

That's not true. On a high school level, most kids do not play sports, and that's true for black kids. Most black kids can't rap, unless they're rapping their favorite song, but that doesn't really count. Yes there are gang problems in the black community, but must black kids are not getting in gangs.

Only a select few are good enough in sports or music to really aspire to do that as their profession. The ones who are not good enough are just regular kids, not soon to be gang members.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
News 4 interviewed her by phone today. The victims in the Impala came into the store and said "they have a gun". The employee then called the cops. She was also asked if she saw the guns and answered with "well the police searched the cars and found the guns, so...".

Take it FWIW.

If this is true the eye witness credibility is shot. Game set match.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, members of the bloods and crips are pretty much all black. I'm just saying. ;D

That's not true. On a high school level, most kids do not play sports, and that's true for black kids. Most black kids can't rap, unless they're rapping their favorite song, but that doesn't really count. Yes there are gang problems in the black community, but must black kids are not getting in gangs.

Only a select few are good enough in sports or music to really aspire to do that as their profession. The ones who are not good enough are just regular kids, not soon to be gang members.

I'm not sure but I bet there's a statistic out there showing a percentage of young adult black males growing up in a ghetto getting in trouble, or improving their lives and being successful. I got money on the percentage of them getting in trouble way higher.

Jason in LA
07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
One thing that this case proves is that know of us really know any of these people. Which is why I typically do not get caught up in their personal lives. I've never heard of Dumervil getting in trouble, so it was mildly surprising to hear this story, but we don't know what these guys are like off the field or are capable of.

What Dumervil did was a real punk move. To me, that's the sign of a menace to society. These athletes who carry around guns, I don't buy their reasoning to do it. If they need protection, hire a body guard. Or don't hang out where anybody with an ID can get into. Go to the spot where the rich folks hang out. Not the spot that everybody has access too. Back to Dumervil, there was no reason for him to do that. He was trying to be hard, and when you try to be hard, people test you. He's lucky that he didn't do that to the wrong person, because he doesn't know what weapons were in that car. he could have gotten shot, or been a part of a shoot out. And when you carry a gun, you might use it. That's a scary thought.

DBroncos4life
07-16-2012, 09:41 PM

Yeah witnesses never lie.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I watched a show on the discovery channel that researched eye witness accounts. Over half of them were wrong in the experiments. Some of the accounts were so far off it was ridiculous. The public can be really stupid sometimes. One example was they watched a mugging, and over half got the description of the mugger wrong. They had no reason to lie.

I understand that happens...I saw similar shows myself...however those shows showed witnesses trying to recall what they witnessed for a few seconds....

This altercation between Doom and the others obviously lasted a lot longer, and they obviously were loud enough to draw attention of people working inside shops along the street....I'm actually amazed someone hasn't posted a phone video on youtube yet

mwill07
07-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Elvis was there the night that Darrent Williams was shot, right? After having gone through that, I think I can understand if the dude wants to carry. He has seen first hand how pro athletes can be a target.

Jason in LA
07-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure but I bet there's a statistic out there showing a percentage of young adult black males growing up in a ghetto getting in trouble, or improving their lives and being successful. I got money on the percentage of them getting in trouble way higher.

There are a ton a black kids who are not growing up in the hood. But perception appears to be that most black kids do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
One thing that this case proves is that know of us really know any of these people. Which is why I typically do not get caught up in their personal lives. I've never heard of Dumervil getting in trouble, so it was mildly surprising to hear this story, but we don't know what these guys are like off the field or are capable of.

What Dumervil did was a real punk move. To me, that's the sign of a menace to society. These athletes who carry around guns, I don't buy their reasoning to do it. If they need protection, hire a body guard. Or don't hang out where anybody with an ID can get into. Go to the spot where the rich folks hang out. Not the spot that everybody has access too. Back to Dumervil, there was no reason for him to do that. He was trying to be hard, and when you try to be hard, people test you. He's lucky that he didn't do that to the wrong person, because he doesn't know what weapons were in that car. he could have gotten shot, or been a part of a shoot out. And when you carry a gun, you might use it. That's a scary thought.

After dumervil made a stink about a stadium employee not recognizing him in 2010 I got the feeling he might pop off when someone confronts him. A temper gets you in trouble.

errand
Yeah witnesses never lie.

Who do you think is more likely to lie...the one who did (Doom) about having a weapon, or some woman working in a store minding her own business until a disturbance made her curious and drew her attention to look out ontot he streets and witness this incident?

Dumervil had motive to lie....the Victoria Secret woman did not

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
There are a ton a black kids who are not growing up in the hood. But perception appears to be that most black kids do.

Just like white suburbanites can get in just as much trouble. But the "family" angle gangs bring to kids in the hood is very inviting for them when they don't have a real family there. Not to mention peer pressure in the hood is huge. Just watch Bait Car and you'll see the peer pressure those kids have.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
so you are expecting a jury to convict on what an eye-witness thinks might have been there?

Well, guns were found...after people said they saw guns.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Who do you think is more likely to lie...the one who did (Doom) about having a weapon, or some woman working in a store minding her own business until a disturbance made her curious and drew her attention to look out ontot he streets and witness this incident?

Dumervil had motive to lie....the Victoria Secret woman did not

The victims have a few reasons to lie. And not sure if that news story about the employee is true or not. If it is true, they don't have much to go on. Im more concerned if doom gets suspended or not. Whether charges are dropped or pursued doesnt worry me much. Not having him on the field for 4 games do though. And Goodell has shown he suspends whether charges are dropped or not.

errand
07-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Elvis was there the night that Darrent Williams was shot, right? After having gone through that, I think I can understand if the dude wants to carry. He has seen first hand how pro athletes can be a target.

That should have taught him not to get into a skirmish with people he doesn't know...wasn't Darrent murdered by people that felt disrespected by occupants in the car he rode in?

errand
07-16-2012, 09:54 PM
The victims have a few reasons to lie. And not sure if that news story about the employee is true or not. If it is true, they don't have much to go on. Im more concerned if doom gets suspended or not. Whether charges are dropped or pursued doesnt worry me much. Not having him on the field for 4 games do though. And Goodell has shown he suspends whether charges are dropped or not.

What is their motive to lie? Dumervil might be BMOC in Denver, but he's a virtual unknown in Miami...

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
That should have taught him not to get into a skirmish with people he doesn't know...wasn't Darrent murdered by people that felt disrespected by occupants in the car he rode in?

Yep. Splashed champagne. Then I'm sure chests were inflated at the thug who pulled the trigger. Which he had nothing to lose. Those types are the worst to go acting tough against. They dont care about catching a charge or doin a long stretch. Their whole way of life is criminal. And if you flex on someone like that it turns out bad almost everytime.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
What is their motive to lie? Dumervil might be BMOC in Denver, but he's a virtual unknown in Miami...

I could see them exxagerating about what happened to make themselves look squeaky clean. I can bet they didn't mention throwing bottles.

baja
07-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, but you didn't say sorry....

Correct.

lonestar
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM

Watch out for those Samoans, they will eat your :giggle::giggle: pig dog cat anything they can put in a pit....

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Correct.

Ha! You guys love each other huh. We don't want to see one of
You brandish a virtual weapon here.

Just kiddin

baja
07-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Really?

and you expect an apology from me. Not gonna happen Errand.

The car he was driving was not his do you suppose that unbeknownst to him there could have been a gun belonging to the owner of the car in the glove box

baja
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Maybe she, like you, stereotypes black people.

errand
07-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I could see them exxagerating about what happened to make themselves look squeaky clean. I can bet they didn't mention throwing bottles.

the same witnesses that said Doom brandished his gun also said they threw bottles?

errand
07-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Really?

The car he was driving was not his do you suppose that unbeknownst to him there could have been a gun belonging to the owner of the car in the glove box

It's possible, but it's also possible that he took the gun out and then put it back too.....

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:15 PM
the same witnesses that said Doom brandished his gun also said they threw bottles?

You asked why would the victims lie? I said they would so it makes them look clean. Not mentioning throwing the bottles when the police questioned them was an example. Wasn't implying the witnesses lied about the bottles. Just the victims.

errand
07-16-2012, 10:18 PM
According to USA Today, witnesses stated the woman threw something at car upon exiting her car AFTER she was pinned in traffic by doom and the other clown for a second time....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/story/2012-07-16/Elvis-Dumervil-road-rage-arrest/56250130/1

baja
07-16-2012, 10:19 PM
It's possible, but it's also possible that he took the gun out and then put it back too.....

I think it is reasonable to wait for all the facts to be sorted out before you hang Doomerville. They stopped lynching black people in the South in case you haven't heard.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:21 PM
According to USA Today, the woman threw bottle at car upon exiting her car AFTER she was pinned in traffic by doom and the other clown for a second time....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/story/2012-07-16/Elvis-Dumervil-road-rage-arrest/56250130/1

The witness told the police the passenger in impala got out and was using verbal threats(arguing). Which wasn't told to the police by the victims in the impala(example of them trying to look squeaky clean in this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I think it is reasonable to wait for all the facts to be sorted out before you hang Doomerville. They stopped lynching black people in the South in case you haven't heard.

There is obviously more to this story and pieces keep coming out. I'm interested in the employees interview with the news station. The words she used holds no water.

errand
07-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Really?

BTW the sources according to DP that stated Dumervil didn't have a gun, and that the vehicle and gun weren't his are "sources close to Dumervil"

baja
07-16-2012, 10:31 PM
BTW the sources according to DP that stated Dumervil didn't have a gun, and that the vehicle and gun weren't his are "sources close to Dumervil"

post 385

myMind
07-16-2012, 10:37 PM
nevahmind

Bacchus
07-16-2012, 11:33 PM

Some are actors but then again most of them are former rappers. I know alot go into the army and you also forgot jail.

Play2win
07-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Sounds like someone one-upped the race card, by using the gender card.

Meck77
07-17-2012, 06:08 AM
To those of you that think this isn't a big deal. The Denver Broncos are almost leading the league in arrests since 2000.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/2012/07/16/broncos-third-for-player-arrests/21152/

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 06:39 AM
To those of you that think this isn't a big deal. The Denver Broncos are almost leading the league in arrests since 2000.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/opinion/2012/07/16/broncos-third-for-player-arrests/21152/

NICE GOING SHANNYHAM!

Boobs McGee
07-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Heres a thought...if the gun in the glovebox didnt belong to Doom and he claims he didnt know it was there, couldn't they check it for his fingerprints?do we know if he had a gun of his own? I haven't actually read the report yet, but if the only gun in question is the one in the glovebox, it'd be a pretty easy way to prove your innocence.

WolfpackGuy
07-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Doesn't Dumervil have anything better to do than ride up and down Collins and Ocean?

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Doesn't Dumervil have anything better to do than ride up and down Collins and Ocean?

it's a free country.

bowtown
07-17-2012, 07:08 AM
This wouldn't even be a problem if the gun laws in this country weren't so strict.

oubronco
07-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Did his license plate say "Strapped"

barryr
07-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Dumervil really has no excuse. Poor judgment at a time where the NFL is not fooling around anymore with such stupid actions by its players. Dumervil is hardly some elite talent either where he can expect to keep getting chance after chance. One thing he needs to reexamine is picking his friends more wisely.

Man-Goblin
07-17-2012, 07:43 AM

Whoa! I knew it was bad, but I didn't know the list (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnuBuPSvtMSGdHBybU9zNE9OTHhoNWVmbHIydFktQ Wc) would be that bad.

The sad thing is, it's for the most part impact players getting into trouble. Our "All-Arrest Team" would actually be pretty freaking good, except we would have no offensive line whatsoever. Should we give credit to those guys credit for doing what they're supposed to?

pricejj
07-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Facts we've learned so far:

1. Errand is an idiot.
2. The woman driver started the entire incident by leaving her car and throwing an object (bottle?) at the car Dumervil was driving. That would represent bodily threat to Dumervil.
3. After the altercation, the woman driver went into Victoria's secrect (does she work there?) telling the "eyewitness", "they have guns"...
4. The "eyewitness" probably did not see the altercation.
5. It was neither Dumervil's car, nor his gun.
6. Dumervil is smiling rather peacefully in his mugshot.

Unless they find Dumervil's fingerprints on the gun (and/or glovebox), he is innocent.

Even if they find his fingerprints, the woman driver was attempting assault with a deadly weapon by throwing a bottle directly at Dumervil (2nd degree felony), and should be charged. Dumervil has a right to defend himself.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 08:02 AM

1. Errand is an idiot.
2. The woman driver started the entire incident by leaving her car and throwing an object (bottle?) at the car Dumervil was driving. That would represent bodily threat to Dumervil.
3. After the altercation, the woman driver went into Victoria's secrect (does she work there?) telling the "eyewitness", "they have guns"...

Unless they find Dumervil's fingerprints on the gun (and/or glovebox), he is innocent.

Even if they find his fingerprints, the woman driver was attempting assault with a deadly weapon by throwing a bottle directly at Dumervil (2nd degree felony), and should be charged. Dumervil has a right to defend himself.

I assume this wasn't in traffic on a highway. I've never seen a Victoria Secret so close to a main road before either. Usually there is a huge parking lot between the stores and main road, with an AppleBees in between.

And is there witnesses from the actual traffic? All I hear is this victoria employee. Where's all the people in the traffic?

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Dumervil really has no excuse. Poor judgment at a time where the NFL is not fooling around anymore with such stupid actions by its players. Dumervil is hardly some elite talent either where he can expect to keep getting chance after chance. One thing he needs to reexamine is picking his friends more wisely.

What would you do if a crazy woman and her husband got out of their car, approached your car, screaming at you, and threw a bottle at your car while threatening you?

Would you get out, or wait until they reached you, and went ape**** on your face?

I would would get out of the car and defend myself. Dumervil was within his rights. You obviously have never had road rage committed against you. My brother had someone come up to his car, and punch his window out before.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:10 AM
I assume this wasn't in traffic on a highway. I've never seen a Victoria Secret so close to a main road before either. Usually there is a huge parking lot between the stores and main road, with an AppleBees in between.

And is there witnesses from the actual traffic? All I hear is this victoria employee. Where's all the people in the traffic?

I haven't been listening to the radio, so I don't know.

However, Dumervil was smart for not attempting to leave the scene (which also shows he did nothing wrong).

The woman driver is obviously the one who started everything by cutting traffic off, then leaving her vehicle and throwing objects that have a potential to injur or kill, while threatening an entire carload of people...then she went crying into the store (that she probably just left).

Like I said, she should be charged with:

1. Assault and battery with a deadly weapon
2. Vandalism/Destruction of personal property
3. and Verbal intimidation, and threat to cause bodily harm

oubronco
07-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Kinda hard to leave the scene when the traffic is at a standstill

rbackfactory80
07-17-2012, 08:14 AM
The "good" teams are at the bottom of the list. All you need to know.

Even if Manning takes this team to the AFC championship game I wouldn't bet on them because they are a mentally weak bunch.

maven
07-17-2012, 08:15 AM

1. Errand is an idiot.

This is good to know. Thanks for the update.

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
I haven't been listening to the radio, so I don't know.

However, Dumervil was smart for not attempting to leave the scene (which also shows he did nothing wrong).

The woman driver is obviously the one who started everything by cutting traffic off, then leaving her vehicle and throwing objects that have a potential to injur or kill, while threatening an entire carload of people...then she went crying into the store (that she probably just left).

Hilarious!

yah, ok. I'm pretty sure she will settle for $500k and an aggreement not to seek further damages in court.

Face it, Doom was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Kinda hard to leave the scene when the traffic is at a standstill

Unless she left her car in the middle of the road and ran to the store, she left the scene.

Rabb
07-17-2012, 08:29 AM

****ing facepalm

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Hilarious!

yah, ok. I'm pretty sure she will settle for $500k and an aggreement not to seek further damages in court.

Face it, Doom was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's not his fault, he was defending himself. He didn't leave his car until he was threatened. On a busy road, in rush hour traffic, it could happen to anyone.

If he didn't get out of the car, we could be reading about how his face got cut-up (or worse) from the woman driver and the man who road-raged on him.

I'm sure Steinberg is mounting his case against her and her bf, as we speak (in the event she pursues charges).

Auguste probably had no right to show his firearm, as he wasn't personally threatened.

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 08:35 AM
It's not his fault, he was defending himself. He didn't leave his car until he was threatened. On a busy road, in rush hour traffic, it could happen to anyone.

If he didn't get out of the car, we could be reading about how his face got cut-up (or worse) from the woman driver and the man who road-raged on him.

I'm sure Steinberg is mounting his case against her and her bf, as we speak (in the event she pursues charges).

Auguste probably had no right to show his firearm, as he wasn't personally threatened.

You've already admitted you are late to the thread. Doom was caught LYING TO THE POLICE ABOUT A WEAPON, A GUN.

There're witnesses to the event who saw him BRANDISHING A GUN. He and the other guy in the mercedes BOTH HAD GUNS.

Seriously, shut your pie hole and lets see what happens.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
You've already admitted you are late to the thread. Doom was caught LYING TO THE POLICE ABOUT A WEAPON, A GUN.

There're witnesses to the event who saw him BRANDISHING A GUN. He and the other guy in the mercedes BOTH HAD GUNS.

Seriously, shut your pie hole and lets see what happens.

Here's a question for you:

How would he know if there was a gun in the car, if it wasn't his car, or his gun?...

Exactly. So no, he wasn't "LYING TO THE POLICE". Get your facts straight.

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 08:39 AM
No, I wasn't late to the thread, or the story.

It isn't his gun, or his car. Learn how to read, and please try to stay abreast of the facts. Thank you.

so, no gun in the Land Rover, his car?

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
so, no gun in the Land Rover, his car?

It's not his car, or his gun.

Even if it was his car, and his gun, he had a right to defend himself from two people who left their car, threw objects with an attempt to injur, and approached his car with verbal intimidation.

DaFace
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Sports fandom is such a weird thing. One guy is witnessed showing a firearm in a threatening manner - by definition, aggravated assault with a firearm. One woman is witnessed throwing an "object" at a car that seemingly didn't damage anything.

Conclusion: charge the woman with assault and battery. Man gets no charges. Makes perfect sense.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Sports fandom is such a weird thing. One guy is witnessed showing a firearm in a threatening manner - by definition, aggravated assault with a firearm. One woman is witnessed throwing an "object" at a car that seemingly didn't damage anything.

Conclusion: charge the woman with assault and battery. Makes perfect sense.

Fandom? LOL

Examine the facts of the case, then get back to me. Your story, like the woman driver's account, is a bit twisted. It doesn't matter if it was Elvis, or anybody else, if someone is approaching your car with an intent to injur or kill, you have every right to defend yourself. I'm sure the Florida authorities will see it, exactly as I see it, and not pursue any charges against Dumervil.

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM

How would he know if there was a gun in the car, if it wasn't his car, or his gun?...

Exactly. So no, he wasn't "LYING TO THE POLICE". Get your facts straight.

We'll see. I seriously doubt the lady made it all up, especially not knowing who Doom is.

Why was Doom driving a car with a gun in it? Who is this Augste guy? Did both cars belong to Aguste? Did he brandish a weapon?

Whatever happened Doom was a part of it. Plus, he has had other incidents in his past.

I doubt this gets swept under the rug.

rbackfactory80
07-17-2012, 08:47 AM
The homerism on this board is running rampant.

DaFace
07-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Fandom? LOL

Examine the facts of the case, then get back to me. Your story, like the woman driver's account, is a bit twisted.

No, my story comes from the police report. Your report appears to be from your guessing about the facts without any evidence aside from your hope that it turns out that way.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:51 AM
We'll see. I seriously doubt the lady made it all up, especially not knowing who Doom is.

Why was Doom driving a car with a gun in it? Who is this Augste guy? Did both cars belong to Aguste? Did he brandish a weapon?

Whatever happened Doom was a part of it. Plus, he has had other incidents in his past.

I doubt this gets swept under the rug.

She left her car first (in a rage), and threw an object with an intent to injur or kill. Of course she would attempt to deny any wrongdoing.

Auguste's involvement has nothing to do with Dumervil's case. I imagine Auguste is going to jail, due to the fact that he was not acting in self defense.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 08:54 AM
No, my story comes from the police report. Your report appears to be from your guessing about the facts without any evidence aside from your hope that it turns out that way.

You said Dumervil approached her car first, while showing his weapon...which is completely unfactual.

If someone charges you, and you shoot them in self-defense, you are innocent. If you charge someone, and shoot them unprovoked, then you are guilty of murder.

Big difference.

DaFace
07-17-2012, 08:54 AM
She left her car first, and threw an object with an intent to injur or kill. Of course she would attempt to deny any wrongdoing.

Auguste's involvement has nothing to do with Dumervil's case. I imagine Auguste is going to jail, due to the fact that he was not acting in self defense.

So just to make sure we're clear, you don't think there's any bias when you read the phrase "threw an unknown item at the Range Rover" to mean "threw with intent to injure or kill"?

DaFace
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
You said Dumervil approached her car first, while showing his weapon...which is completely unfactual.

If someone charges you, and you shoot them in self-defense, you are innocent. If you charge someone, and shoot them unprovoked, then you are guilty of murder.

Big difference.

OK, I'm done. If you can't even correctly interpret what I said in a simple message board post, it's clear that there's no reasonable debate going on here. Carry on. Here, I'll help.

OMG THE WOMAN ALMOST KILLED DOOM!!!! THROW HER IN JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH A SLURPEE CUP!

rbackfactory80
07-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I nominate Dumerville for the 2012 Orangemane Good Samaritan award. Unquestionably, this has all been twisted around by his detractors, the handful of them that are out there, and this act was obviously a noble stance to teach kids the importance of hand gun safety.

Well-done Doom!

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
She left her car first, and threw an object with an intent to injur or kill. Of course she would attempt to deny any wrongdoing.

How do you know this (see bold)? Whose Land Rover was Doom driving? How do you know that Doom did NOT know about the gun?

Whatever, fact is I bet Doom settles out of court to make all this go away. As in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the woman driving the Impala, and no litigation that ends up in court where a rather "un pretty" picture might be painted of Dooms social life.

I also fear that if this incident leads to a suspension of some kind.

houghtam
07-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm sure the gun was holstered and unloaded, too, not just shoved down the front of his pants and loaded.

No, I'm kidding, there's no chance that's what happened. Hilarious!

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
So just to make sure we're clear, you don't think there's any bias when you read the phrase "threw an unknown item at the Range Rover" to mean "threw with intent to injure or kill"?

If Dumervil was in the wrong, he will be formally charged, and I have no problem with that.

Let's make this clear. You think there is nothing criminally wrong with leaving your car, using verbal intimidation, and throwing an object ( a bottle) big enough to injure or kill someone?

oubronco
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
OK, I'm done. If you can't even correctly interpret what I said in a simple message board post, it's clear that there's no reasonable debate going on here. Carry on. Here, I'll help.

OMG THE WOMAN ALMOST KILLED DOOM!!!! THROW HER IN JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH A SLURPEE CUP!

Ok that's funny Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:04 AM

Exactly. So no, he wasn't "LYING TO THE POLICE". Get your facts straight.dude you sound like a turd.. he knew there was a gun in the car. he was identified as having one on his person and brandishing it....witnesses have said as much...

Rabb
07-17-2012, 09:05 AM
The next time I commit a crime, I am staying at the scene because that will rule me out and prove my innocence.

#legaladvicefromthemane

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
How do you know this (see bold)? Whose Land Rover was Doom driving? How do you know that Doom did NOT know about the gun?

Whatever, fact is I bet Doom settles out of court to make all this go away. As in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the woman driving the Impala, and no litigation that ends up in court where a rather "un pretty" picture might be painted of Dooms social life.

I also fear that if this incident leads to a suspension of some kind.

I would suspect if no charges are dropped the woman will have nothing to stand on for a civil case. Damages for breaking her fingernail throwing the bottle? No one mentions the passenger, who in all likely hood was the shyt talker. It doesn't matter of she knew who doom was or not, she saw expensive cars. Dollar signs. The moment she went to that store she thought about suing. Which is a perfect reason to stretch the truth and lie to the police. Which they did by denying they threw anything and said they didn't get out of the car. Nothing will end up happening from this in the end, except maybe a 2-4 game suspension, appealed down to 1-2 games.

oubronco
07-17-2012, 09:09 AM
The next time I commit a crime, I am staying at the scene because that will rule me out and prove my innocence.

#legaladvicefromthemane

I heard it on the mane so it must be true :~ohyah!:

houghtam
07-17-2012, 09:10 AM

This is why 3/4 of the board has pricejj on ignore.

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=pricejj;3620854]If Dumervil was in the wrong, he will be formally charged, and I have no problem with that.

QUOTE]

he has been charged.

Tombstone RJ
07-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I would suspect if no charges are filed the woman will have nothing to stand on for a civil case. Damages for breaking her fingernail throwing the bottle? No one mentions the passenger, who in all likely hood was the shyt talker. It doesn't matter of she knew who doom was or not, she saw expensive cars. Dollar signs. The moment she went to that store she thought about suing. Which is a perfect reason to stretch the truth and lie to the police. Which they did by denying they threw anything and said they didn't get out of the car. Nothing will end up happening from this in the end, except maybe a 2-4 game suspension, appealed down to 1-2 games.

I guess we will see? Again, I think Doom's lawyers probably tell him to settle out of court and that means a pay off. If this goes to court, is that really what Doom wants? Is he really squeaky clean in all of this? He probably has a heck of a lot more to lose than this woman, whoever she is.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM
dude you sound like a turd.. he knew there was a gun in the car. he was identified as having one on his person and brandishing it....witnesses have said as much...

The Victoria's Secret "eyewitness" said "they had guns"...but it has been documented in this thread that that statement was 2nd hand information from the woman driver.

Do you know of any other witnesses? What are they saying?

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:15 AM

That's not true. You are just mad because you are an Obama supporter, and I am not.

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 09:17 AM
wait...I can't find anything about formal charges. Just what I heard on 850 koa this morning

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:18 AM

OMG THE WOMAN ALMOST KILLED DOOM!!!! THROW HER IN JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH A SLURPEE CUP!its almost embarrassing the straws he's grasping at. makes me wanna throw my slurpee at him

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I would suspect if no charges are dropped the woman will have nothing to stand on for a civil case. Damages for breaking her fingernail throwing the bottle? No one mentions the passenger, who in all likely hood was the shyt talker. It doesn't matter of she knew who doom was or not, she saw expensive cars. Dollar signs. The moment she went to that store she thought about suing.

I'm sure the moment she saw the gun/guns, she and her boyfriend stopped throwing bottles, stopped threatening everyone, and went to call the police.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
I guess we will see? Again, I think Doom's lawyers probably tell him to settle out of court and that means a pay off. If this goes to court, is that really what Doom wants? Is he really squeaky clean in all of this? He probably has a heck of a lot more to lose than this woman, whoever she is.

Well if he's charged he's gotta go to court, which pushes back a lawsuit should she try for one. Without him at least going to criminal court she will have a tough time trying to sue. Just like the accuser of big Ben. When those charges weren't pursued by the DA she then dropped her lawsuit. Saying she didn't want to go through with it, with lawyers advising there's really nothing there.

Rabb
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
wait...I can't find anything about formal charges. Just what I heard on 850 koa this morning

Charges were not filed, he was just arrested and bonded out.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
its almost embarrassing the straws he's grasping at. makes me wanna throw my slurpee at him

Until Dumervil is charged and convicted, then he did nothing wrong.

You think he will be charged and convicted, I don't.

Time will tell who is right. And if you throw an empty glass bottle at me, I have every right to defend myself.

oubronco
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Damn all this slurpee talk is making me want to go to the 7eleven

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM

OMG THE WOMAN ALMOST KILLED DOOM!!!! THROW HER IN JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH A SLURPEE CUP!its almost embarrassing the straws "dont tread on me" is grasping at. makes me wanna throw my slurpee at him. fact is she didn't hit him. fact is she didn't call the police. a third party did so.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Ha! Didn't they just have their Bday? You just missed free slurpee day

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Until Dumervil is charged and convicted, then he did nothing wrong.

You think he will be charged and convicted, I don't.

Time will tell who is right. And if you throw an empty glass bottle at me, I have every right to defend myself.

where was it stated that it was a bottle thrown at the CAR? if he is innocent I don't want.t to see him charged however if he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him. because pulling pistols and intimidating folks is bull****. period football is a game pulling a pistol out and waving it around is another thing

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM

I just had a bananna chrry one yesterday. do recommend

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
its almost embarrassing the straws "dont tread on me" is grasping at. makes me wanna throw my slurpee at him. fact is she didn't hit him. fact is she didn't call the police. a third party did so.

...because the woman driver told her to.

I'm not grasping at any straws. You and a few others are attempting to demonize a guy who was acting in self defense, and hasn't been charged.

It would appear that it is you grasping at straws.

Rabb
07-17-2012, 09:29 AM
clearly, she brought a bottle to a gun fight

she deserves what she gets

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
where was it stated that it was a bottle thrown at the CAR? if he is innocent I don't want.t to see him charged however if he is guilty I hope they throw the book at him. because pulling pistols and intimidating folks is bull****. period football is a game pulling a pistol out and waving it around is another thing

I heard that a bottle was thrown at the car, I can't confirm it.

I agree with you, that if he is guilty of a crime, than he should be charged and convicted. Up to this point, it doesn't appear that he is guilty of committing a crime.

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1064/1064,1231255792,9/stock-photo-gun-in-pants-22857643.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/172300385_7116a58c35.jpg

houghtam
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1064/1064,1231255792,9/stock-photo-gun-in-pants-22857643.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/172300385_7116a58c35.jpg

LOL it's like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries up in here!

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-DOO-DOO!

Beantown Bronco
07-17-2012, 09:42 AM

How is that a fact? That's one side of the story, but it's not a proven fact, yet at least.

How can you say something is a fact, and then say "probably"? By definition, you can't.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:44 AM
clearly, she brought a bottle to a gun fight

she deserves what she gets

Who knows whether her or her boyfriend had a gun? They were approaching his vehicle, throwing bottles, and verbally intimidating him.

I am familiar of a case in Colorado, where a cyclist thought that a driver got too close to the shoulder, and started shouting obscenities at the driver while waving for him to come back. The driver turned around, drove up next to the cyclist, opened his glove box, showed the cyclist his gun, and drove off. The driver did not spend any time in jail.

I think what the driver did was wrong, and I'm not sure what became of the case...but I do know that the driver did not spend any time in jail.

Dumervil's case was different, because he was stopped, while being approached, threatened, and having objects thrown at him.

houghtam
Fact: I will probably get called out for stating this fact.

Ooh, that's a head scratcher.

Tombstone RJ
Well if he's charged he's gotta go to court, which pushes back a lawsuit should she try for one. Without him at least going to criminal court she will have a tough time trying to sue. Just like the accuser of big Ben. When those charges weren't pursued by the DA she then dropped her lawsuit. Saying she didn't want to go through with it, with lawyers advising there's really nothing there.

I guess I understand what you are saying, but can't the defendent offer a deal? Why does it have to go to court? If Doom pleads guilty to a lesser charge and then pays the woman a settlement, what's the problem with that? I'm thinking the settlement is money and an agreement not to bring further litigation. In other words, a one time pay off. The more $ she gets up front the more she will be willing to drop any future attempt to sue.

That's what I'd do if I was her lawyer. Otherwise I'd say "see yah in court."

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Elvis was there the night that Darrent Williams was shot, right? After having gone through that, I think I can understand if the dude wants to carry. He has seen first hand how pro athletes can be a target.as I remember it Marshall's cousin was the one who pretty much started the whole ordeal

oubronco
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM
LOL it's like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries up in here!

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-DOO-DOO!

You asked for it

houghtam
07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Wait, so Dumervil is Brandon Marshall's cousin and got assaulted by a Victoria's Secret model?

WTF?

Where do Slurpees come in? I WANT MORE FACTS DAMN YOU ALL

Beantown Bronco
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Who knows whether her or her boyfriend had a gun? They were approaching his vehicle, throwing bottles, and verbally intimidating him.

I am familiar of a case in Colorado, where a cyclist thought that a driver got too close to the shoulder, and started shouting obscenities at the driver while waving for him to come back. The driver turned around, drove up next to the cyclist, opened his glove box, showed the cyclist his gun, and drove off. The driver did not spend any time in jail.

I think what the driver did was wrong, and I'm not sure what became of the case...but I do know that the driver did not spend any time in jail.

Dumervil's case was different, because he was stopped, while being approached, threatened, and having objects thrown at him.

No.....Dumervil's case is potentially different because there is at least one witness to what he allegedly did. I'm sure there were no witnesses to what the driver in your case did, because it would be impossible for anyone else to see into a car's glovebox (aside from the biker who is right there). If there was a credible witness, and the biker pressed charges, the driver would be in jail. Of course this all depends on Colorado's gun laws which I'm not familiar with.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Fact: I will probably get called out for stating this fact.

Ooh, that's a head scratcher.

Fact: Houghtam is an opportunist, whose sole motivation is to discredit people who disagree with him politically. He often jumps into threads, strictly for this reason...and loses every time.

pricejj
07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
No.....Dumervil's case is potentially different because there is at least one witness to what he allegedly did. I'm sure there were no witnesses to what the driver in your case did, because it would be impossible for anyone else to see into a car's glovebox (aside from the biker who is right there). If there was a credible witness, and the biker pressed charges, the driver would be in jail. Of course this all depends on Colorado's gun laws which I'm not familiar with.

The police searched the driver's house, and found an unregistered pistol, matching the description that the cyclist claimed. Maybe the cyclist didn't press charges? idk

Rabb
07-17-2012, 09:59 AM
There was this one time when me and two of my friends were driving around in our drop top, looking for a couple of bad people that shot and killed my brother in an alley. Sadly, my brother had a promising football career ahead of him and was being recruited by USC.

We stumbled upon these rabblerousers while they were enjoying burgers and fries late one evening. They saw us but it was too late and we shot them down in cold blood in the parking lot.

It was pretty bad ass.

oubronco
07-17-2012, 10:01 AM
As long as you didn't flee the scene you were good

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
I heard that a bottle was thrown at the car, I can't confirm it.

I agree with you, that if he is guilty of a crime, than he should be charged and convicted. Up to this point, it doesn't appear that he is guilty of committing a crime.grasping at straws is assumption.... bottle...let me go back and read all the other stuff you have said I'll get back to you

pricejj
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
There was this one time when me and two of my friends were driving around in our drop top, looking for a couple of bad people that shot and killed my brother in an alley. Sadly, my brother had a promising football career ahead of him and was being recruited by USC.

We stumbled upon these rabblerousers while they were enjoying burgers and fries late one evening. They saw us but it was too late and we shot them down in cold blood in the parking lot.

It was pretty bad ass.

Boyz in the Hood, everybody would be convicted of 1st degree murder... but what would the world be without Radio?

Rabb
07-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Boyz in the Hood, everybody would be convicted of 1st degree murder... but what would the world be without Radio?

never heard of it

bronco militia
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
never heard of it

http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/r/a/d/radio-2003-23-g.jpg

oubronco
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3npez68Ba1rqpt1xo7_500.gif (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/kathy-najimy?before=1336500790#)

Bacchus
07-17-2012, 10:37 AM

That sound slike a hell of an idea. How do I put him on ignore?

McDman
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM

It was pretty bad ass.

Too weird. One time my cousin and I got carjacked and he got capped. My boys A-Wax and O-Dawg convinced me to ride on those fools.

I about chickened out until O-Dawg hyped me up with his speech.

Hey, you know what, n***a? You acting like a little bitch
right now. You acting real paranoid and ****. Now, these
mother****ers smoked your goddam cousin in front of you, n***a!
Blew his head off in front of your face, and you aint gonna do
****? You acting like a little bitch right now, n***a. Man, ****
that. I aint letting that **** ride. We gonna go in and smoke all
these mother****ers. I dont care who the **** out there. Goddamn
it, is you down, n***a?

Then we shot them with shotguns at a hot dog stand.

Stuck in Cali
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Everything that I have read is still no grounds to call for his head yet. All the reports say different things. I'll just wait till more concrete evidence comes out to pass judgement.

BroncoBen
07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Everything that I have read is still no grounds to call for his head yet. All the reports say different things. I'll just wait till more concrete evidence comes out to pass judgement.

This true.. my worry is that Roger Godell will come out with his stick that says 'This doesn't look good for the NFL' and hit Dumervil with a 4 game suspension before anything goes to court. Big Ben's issues never went to court and he got whacked for 4 games didn't he.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
This true.. my worry is that Roger Godell will come out with his stick that says 'This doesn't look good for the NFL' and hit Dumervil with a 4 game suspension before anything goes to court. Big Ben's issues never went to court and he got whacked for 4 games didn't he.

That's what I'm thinkin. I would be less worried about a suspension if the 2010 assault incident didn't take place, but now a 2nd time raises goodells schlong.

BroncoLifer
07-17-2012, 11:12 AM
All the reports say different things. I'll just wait till more concrete evidence comes out to pass judgement.

Whoa! That's not how we do things here on the Mane, noob.

houghtam
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Too weird. One time my cousin and I got carjacked and he got capped. My boys A-Wax and O-Dawg convinced me to ride on those fools.

I about chickened out until O-Dawg hyped me up with his speech.

Hey, you know what, n***a? You acting like a little b****
right now. You acting real paranoid and ****. Now, these
mother****ers smoked your goddam cousin in front of you, n***a!
Blew his head off in front of your face, and you aint gonna do
****? You acting like a little b**** right now, n***a. Man, ****
that. I aint letting that **** ride. We gonna go in and smoke all
these mother****ers. I dont care who the **** out there. Goddamn
it, is you down, n***a?

Then we shot them with shotguns at a hot dog stand.

This one time, my friend and I spent the weekend at my rich uncle Bernie's house. And we needed some money, but he died, so we had to pretend he was alive.

Hulamau
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM

1. Errand is an idiot.

You must be joking!?! Please tell me you're joking ...

The women didnt get out of the car until AFTER Auguste approached their car and showed his gun. ... and the original 'offense' you speak of ... 'merging' between your borrowed Land Rover and your posse's Mercedes on an open road doesnt appear anywhere in any traffic code nor penal code as an offense of any kind anywhere in these United States of America!

You've got some 'gangsta' justification rap 101 rolling around in you head here jj ..:sunshine:

Get a grip dude!

Hulamau
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I haven't been listening to the radio, so I don't know. (No Kidding ... :kiss:)

However, Dumervil was a True DOOM-ASS OF THE FIRST ORDER for being suckered into such a ridiculous pissing contest and macho 'disrespect' throw down over some lady and her husband 'merging' their car between Doom's borrowed Rover and his 'Dumber' Posse's ride in front.

That was pure mindless IGNORANCE of the first order on Doom-Asses part right there! (Fixed it for ya jj!)

[QUOTE=pricejj;3620808]I haven't been listening to the radio, so I don't know.

Your first statement above JJ is the only one of honest merit in all of your comments on this issue and invalidates the rest of it. Its clearly obvious you 'DONT KNOW' and 'havent been listening' to the radio nor reading the police transcripts of what went down. Thus, the rest of your comments are purely biased wishful thinking and spin. We all wish this would go away so easily..Maybe his lawyer will pull another rabbit from his hat, lets hope so but 'Come On Man ...!!"

Domostick
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Denver Post says that it wasn't his car and that gun found in the glove box wasn't Dumervil's either.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/elvis-dumervil-arrest-miami-road-rage

razorwire77
07-17-2012, 12:59 PM

That would be my guess. The OMG he'z goin to jail crowd will be surprised when Harvey gets him probation and a fine. Still from these reports, he's coming off like a grade A douche. I'd have no problem with a 4 game suspension.

Broncos_OTM
07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
That would be my guess. The OMG he'z goin to jail crowd will be surprised when Harvey gets him probation and a fine. Still from these reports, he's coming off like a grade A douche. I'd have no problem with a 4 game suspension.

I won't be surprised, but if guilty and doesn't get more then what you said I'll be calling injustice.

whether or not it was his gun. of someone a credible witness comes forward claiming he had one on him I don't care whose gun it was.

in all. the she cut me off bit. was it ever asked if she had a turn signal on. is it really worth it to get in some accident cause some asshole cut you off. of they are gonna be pushy be my guest merge. I'm getting to where I need to get safely

pricejj
07-17-2012, 01:16 PM
You must be joking!?! Please tell me you're joking ...

The women didnt get out of the car until AFTER Auguste approached their car and showed his gun. ... and the original 'offense' you speak of ... 'merging' between your borrowed Land Rover and your posse's Mercedes on an open road doesnt appear anywhere in any traffic code nor penal code as an offense of any kind anywhere in these United States of America!

Never said she committed a crime by pulling into oncoming traffic. I am merely pointing out her alleged actions after her altercation with Auguste, which Dumervil may use in his defense (if necessary).

Auguste's criminal involvement in the case has little to do with whether Dumervil will be charged or not.

Do we know whether or not Dumervil exited his vehicle, before or after the woman driver and her boyfriend threw a bottle at him? Can the "eyewitness" testify, without a doubt, that Dumervil had a gun? The claim is that Dumervil got out of his vehicle, and didn't say a word (but lifted his shirt, showing a gun).

Unfortunately, the police report will not load on my computer, so I am stuck.

Garcia Bronco
07-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Never said she committed a crime by pulling into oncoming traffic. I am merely pointing out her alleged actions after her altercation with Auguste, which Dumervil may use in his defense (if necessary).

Auguste's criminal involvement in the case has little to do with whether Dumervil will be charged or not.

Do we know whether or not Dumervil exited his vehicle, before or after the woman driver and her boyfriend threw a bottle at him? Can the "eyewitness" testify, without a doubt, that Dumervil had a gun? The claim is that Dumervil got out of his vehicle, and didn't say a word (but lifted his shirt, showing a gun).

Unfortunately, the police report will not load on my computer, so I am stuck.

the police report is just the account of the woman....it's not the actual truth.

houghtam
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I won't be surprised, but if guilty and doesn't get more then what you said I'll be calling injustice.

whether or not it was his gun. of someone a credible witness comes forward claiming he had one on him I don't care whose gun it was.

in all. the she cut me off bit. was it ever asked if she had a turn signal on. is it really worth it to get in some accident cause some a-hole cut you off. of they are gonna be pushy be my guest merge. I'm getting to where I need to get safely

Yep. I haven't been pulled over in six years, and I haven't been given a ticket in 13. I drive like an old person, never more than 5 over the speed limit unless I need to keep up with traffic, always use my signals, blah blah blah. I'm exactly who I didn't want to be: my driving instructor. But I have never been in an accident, have low insurance rates and low blood pressure. Besides, with technology these days, who needs to get anywhere fast? Nah, I'd rather listen to the last 5 minutes of my podcast, tyvm.

Oh hey, you'll never guess what happened while I was stopped in traffic. Some dumbass in an Impala cut in between this Mercedes and a Land Rover, and the two guys in the cars started yelling back and forth, someone threw a bottle from the Impala, and these two thug looking guys got out and flashed their pieces at the woman. And now it looks like she needs to go buy some lingerie...

pricejj
07-17-2012, 01:31 PM
the police report is just the account of the woman....it's not the actual truth.

True, but there should be another police report telling Dumervil's account. If Auguste was the first to exit his vehicle, and flash a gun...he is the true moron behind all of this, and deserves jail time. Gonna have to sort through some 104.3 podcasts when I get home.

Hulamau
07-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Denver Post says that it wasn't his car and that gun found in the glove box wasn't Dumervil's either.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/elvis-dumervil-arrest-miami-road-rage

A point of clarity and clarification ... The Denver Post did NOT say it wasn't his car nor his gun in the glove box. The Denver Post reported that 'two associates of Dumb-ervil claimed the two above statements to be so'.

That's a big difference compared to the D Post reporting it as an independently verified fact.

What two members of Dumb-ervil posse/syncophant squad might claim at this point has questionable credence to say the least! Similar to the level of credibility of what the lady and her husband might say on their own.

Unfortunately for our 'hero', the fact that a third party Victoria Secret worker corroborated to a large extent what the accusers of 'Doom and Dumber' have claimed makes the case a lot tougher against our guy we are counting on to help win this year .. not to mention Dumb-ervil lying to the police about there being a gun in the car.

If his prints are anywhere on that gun his goose is cooked!

broncosteven
07-17-2012, 02:36 PM

We should still cut him just to send a message and stuff

/scarcasm

pricejj
07-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Apparently a 911 call has surfaced where the Victoria's secret "eyewitness" claims that the dispute was between somone in the silver Mercedes (Auguste), and someone in the white Impala.

...at least, that is how it's being reported at IAOFM.com

BigPlayShay
07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31280619/detail.html

In the 911 recording obtained by 7NEWS, the caller describes an armed confrontation on Saturday afternoon outside her store in the South Beach entertainment district.

"I have a guy outside with a gun pointing to somebody," says the caller, Aretha Williams, a greeter at a nearby Victoria's Secret store.

The woman described the gunman as an African American man standing near a white Chevy Impala and a silver Mercedes.

"You said he was pointing a gun at somebody?"

"Yes, he's like in the road," said Williams, who said she can't see the person the man is pointing the gun at. She describes the incident as a traffic dispute.

baja
07-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Things I've learned in this thread;

Doom drives other peoples cars

Doom is a confirmed gansta

Doom likes to cruse for chicks

Doom should be cut immediately

Doom is going to jail for 3 years minimum.

Doom has the right to defend himself from angry women even if it means leaving the relative safety of a locked car in traffic to show her he has a gun.

They now sell slurppies in glass bottles.

Vitoria Secret is subsidizing the OM.

Victoria Secret is a great place to work because they give their employees enough free time to watch traffic

There is an Victoria Secret employee that has X-ray vision to see through cars to the opposite side and see a gun in a waistband

Doom will agree to pay $500,000 to a slurppie chucking angry women.

Did I miss anything?

pricejj
07-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Ramirez did not throw a glass bottle. She threw something small, "like a bottle cap".

colorado jones
07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I heard it on the mane so it must be true :~ohyah!:

I am going to meet my lawyer on the light rail as we speak.

DaFace
07-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Ramirez did not throw a glass bottle. She threw something small, "like a bottle cap".

Sounds like attempted murder to me.

oubronco
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds like attempted chuckery to me

Hulamau
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Things I've learned in this thread;

Doom drives other peoples cars

Doom is a confirmed gansta

Doom likes to cruse for chicks

Doom should be cut immediately

Doom is going to jail for 3 years minimum.

Doom has the right to defend himself from angry women even if it means leaving the relative safety of a locked car in traffic to show her he has a gun.

They now sell slurppies in glass bottles.

Vitoria Secret is subsidizing the OM.

Victoria Secret is a great place to work because they give their employees enough free time to watch traffic

There is an Victoria Secret employee that has X-ray vision to see through cars to the opposite side and see a gun in a waistband

Doom will agree to pay $500,000 to a slurppie chucking angry women.

Did I miss anything?

^5 that about covers it Baja :flower:

BigPlayShay
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Updates:

TMZ photo of Doom in cuffs:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/07/17/0717-elvis-dumervil-tmz-wm-2.jpg

Also, on the radio today, "sources" close to Dumervil are saying he can't wait until they take prints of the gun found in the Land Rover.

Mogulseeker
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds like attempted murder to me.

Bullets are small.