PDA

View Full Version : Brees Gets 5 Year 100 Million!!

GreatBronco16
07-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints have reached an agreement on a five-year, $100 million contract that includes a first-year take in 2012 of $40 million, according to league, players' union and team sources.

For all practical purposes, the guaranteed money is considered by all parties involved to be an NFL-record $60 million, though there are contractual, but unlikely, outs for the Saints before he would receive all of that sum.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8163701/sources-drew-brees-new-orleans-saints-agree-record-contract

Wow.

Pontius Pirate
07-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Guarantee he struggles this year. Big time. All he needs is the Madden cover to seal it.

cmhargrove
07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Great player, good for him. I'm not sure the Saints didn't paint themselves into a corner by waiting so long on this one.

One a side note, maybe he can finally get that mole scar removed?

StugotsIII
07-14-2012, 07:40 AM
With the lack of defense this year, he may have a better year statistically this year...

Kaylore
07-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Guarantee he struggles this year. Big time. All he needs is the Madden cover to seal it.

I seriously doubt it. Maybe there will be some fall off with Peyton out, but Brees is an excellent QB.

spdirty
07-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Good. Brees deserves it. Now they will at least be competitive this year.

Beantown Bronco
07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
This deal could really cripple them down the road. First year cap hit is only $10 mil, so that means 90 mil gets spread out over the remaining 4 years. Ouch.

Cito Pelon
07-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Congrats to Brees. He's an achiever. Remember his shoulder was wrecked, a 2nd round under-sized draft pick with Rivers behind him. He's achieved a lot since then. Nobody even wanted to FA bid too much for him except NO IIRC.

That was pretty good draft by SD in 2001, I think LT2 was their 1st rounder, then Brees.

Bigdawg26
07-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Good for him! He deserves it for what he means to the team and the city!

Lestat
07-14-2012, 03:09 PM
he is worth it, for all he has brought to that franchise and done for the city.
that said, Aaron Rodgers and his agent just went to heaven cause he is gonna get paid like a fiend.

canadianbroncosfan
07-14-2012, 03:53 PM

I highly doubt it, however a dip in performance around late October would do well for us.

HILife
07-15-2012, 07:53 AM
It's about time. Don't know what took so long. Just pay the man.

errand
07-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Wasn't he already on the cover of Madden? I believe he's been one of the exceptions to the "curse"

errand
07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Great player, good for him. I'm not sure the Saints didn't paint themselves into a corner by waiting so long on this one.

One a side note, maybe he can finally get that mole scar removed?

What do you care if he removes it or not?

ClamChowdah
07-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Brees is great and all that if every game was played in a Dome, the Saints are an Arena League team can't win outdoors in anything other than perfect weather.

He has small man syndrome because he will never be Brady/Manning or even Rodgers so all he cares about is throwing 50 times a game and breaking records then losing to scrub teams on the road.

Dexter
07-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Good for Drew Brees. One of the really great guys in the NFL, and had to take a longer road to respectability.

boltaneer
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
100 mil?

That could buy a lot of...

http://lionkingjanitorial.com/products/images/bounty.jpg

RhymesayersDU
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Brees is great and all that if every game was played in a Dome, the Saints are an Arena League team can't win outdoors in anything other than perfect weather.

He has small man syndrome because he will never be Brady/Manning or even Rodgers so all he cares about is throwing 50 times a game and breaking records then losing to scrub teams on the road.

To his credit, he never had to cheat to win his Super Bowl.

Saints
07-15-2012, 07:15 PM

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

http://www.powrsurg.com/images/bradysuicidewatch.png