PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice

EmpireOrange
07-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Denver missing the playoffs is the #1 "bold" prediction among the media types? Everybody. Its like the anti-Eagles from a year ago, the dream team. Don't believe in karma but this is a good sign. Warren Buffett always says: when everyone's running out of the market, buy the market. When they all are running into the market, short the market. Smart money is on the Broncos.

OrangeSe7en
07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
The concept of "buy low, sell high" pre-dates Warren Buffet.

DivineLegion
07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
I don't think this was intended to be a conversation about investing, something tells me this was meant to spur on conversation about the Denver Broncos. Just a hunch.

I agree OP, I have always enjoyed being the media under dog. There is a lot of speculation surrounding Peyton Manning, and that drives many people's speculative behavior. I personally have a very quiet optimistic perspective.

FireFly
07-12-2012, 07:25 AM
At this point in time, with so little of substance to write about people are just trying to publish anything that is a bit sensationalist. Trying to grab a headline in the dead-zone of the off season.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they even write stuff that they don't honestly believe in themselves just for the sake of selling articles.

People figure, why not make some bold predictions!? If I'm right, I'll point it out and look smart - brilliant even (if it's a really out there prediction) - and If I'm wrong, no one will remember what I said anyhow!

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM
I think the media is just guessing based on the broncos having the hardest schedule in the league besides giants.

Jay3
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I think it's a good prediction, not even bold.

EmpireOrange
07-12-2012, 09:48 AM
The concept of "buy low, sell high" pre-dates Warren Buffet.

First, wasn't relating to the hollow stock market cliche "buy low, sell high". More to the point, Warren Buffett isn't a buy low, sell high type investor - are we all?. He's a buy within discounted margins of saftey, and holds forever type of investor. When the market sells, Buffett buys more than usual. That is if you want to get technical that is.

Fack!, when is traing camp already? This facking sucks...

OrangeSe7en
07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't think this was intended to be a conversation about investing, something tells me this was meant to spur on conversation about the Denver Broncos. Just a hunch.

I agree OP, I have always enjoyed being the media under dog. There is a lot of speculation surrounding Peyton Manning, and that drives many people's speculative behavior. I personally have a very quiet optimistic perspective.

Sorry but the investing comment was the thing in the OP most worth discussing. There's all kinds of noise during every offseason. There's even a bunch of noise during the season. Its not worth the time or energy chasing after every perceived slight.

OrangeSe7en
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
First, wasn't relating to the hollow stock market cliche "buy low, sell high". More to the point, Warren Buffett isn't a buy low, sell high type investor - are we all?. He's a buy within discounted margins of saftey, and holds forever type of investor. When the market sells, Buffett buys more than usual. That is if you want to get technical that is.

Fack!, when is traing camp already? This facking sucks...

And that's the same thing.

outdoor_miner
07-12-2012, 02:17 PM
What I wanna know is - where is the insider info? I am staying tuned!

BroncsRule
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Not even any examples. a quck check of the interwebz showed the Broncos ranled between #7 and #13 in various power rankings: CBS, ESPIN, FOX, Sporting News, Bletcher Report..

Of those 5, only CBS has us on the outside looking in - and then only by one spot.

Kaylore
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Groupthink is most prevalent in the media. I had one reporter tell me everyone agrees with each other for fear of losing your colleagues' respect.

Play2win
07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
100th monkey...

errand
07-12-2012, 08:55 PM
I think it's a good prediction, not even bold.

Who'd have thunk you would be one of those that agree with the negative take....mainly because you're still upset about Elway signing Manning and dumping your boy.....you make no sense, dude...you're like "if only Coach Norman Dale had stood pat with Ollie instead of signing Jimmy Chitwood, I mean afterall...Ollie did win a playoff game for them"

Missouribronc
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
People are taking stock in pre-training camp predictions?

That's kind of funny.

razorwire77
07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Groupthink is most prevalent in the media. I had one reporter tell me everyone agrees with each other for fear of losing your colleagues' respect.

This is especially true in sports media where it's really easy to change the discourse.

July: "Denver is missing the playoffs and Peyton will struggle." We all said it

November: "Peyton is Peyton and anybody that doubted him was foolish." We all said it.

Jay3
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Who'd have thunk you would be one of those that agree with the negative take....mainly because you're still upset about Elway signing Manning and dumping your boy.....you make no sense, dude...you're like "if only Coach Norman Dale had stood pat with Ollie instead of signing Jimmy Chitwood, I mean afterall...Ollie did win a playoff game for them"

You process everything through that lens.

Archer81
07-12-2012, 11:37 PM

I was wondering when a Tebow reference would come in to this thread. For some people, a QB who leads a team to the playoffs (one who incidentally won as many playoff games as the last 4 starting Bronco QB's) will be upset by moving him.

As you are entitled to think signing Manning was the best move ever (and it could be, you never know) others are entitled to think it was a mistake.

Besides, TC starts in 2 weeks. The dim light of the end of this offseason is rapidly brightening.

:Broncos:

Pontius Pirate
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I am bummed about this post because I was almost certain it was going to be about bewbs