PDA

View Full Version : Fans in stadiums to see ref's replay

maher_tyler
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Fans at NFL games this season will get a look under the hood, so to speak -- all stadium video boards will show the same replay the lead official is viewing on the sideline video monitor.

"They'll see the exact same angles at the exact same time as he does," Rich McKay, the Atlanta Falcons' president and NFL competition committee chairman, said this week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8131875/nfl-fans-stadiums-see-referee-replays

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
So the cheers or groans could subconsciously affect the refs decision?

broncosteven
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I think the replays should be shown but I don't know if the whole stadium needs to see the exact same thing as the offical.

BTW Love the talking head who talks about fans one day being able to use "Transistors" to one day listening into the playcalls LOL! TRANSISTORS!

cutthemdown
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I think the replays should be shown but I don't know if the whole stadium needs to see the exact same thing as the offical.

BTW Love the talking head who talks about fans one day being able to use "Transistors" to one day listening into the playcalls LOL! TRANSISTORS!

Until I can call the plays I'm not impressed. When a team is out of the running the should let fans win contests to call a play lol.

hades
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM

New Orleans has a bunch left over I heard.

ak1971
07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Until I can call the plays I'm not impressed. When a team is out of the running the should let fans win contests to call a play lol.

this would be a great idea..I say unlimited challenges..but after the first one the crowd gets to call the next play.

srphoenix
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
this would be a great idea..I say unlimited challenges..but after the first one the crowd gets to call the next play.

Manning would just audible at the line anyway. :)

errand
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
How about an OC or DC for the day contest.....Hell we got tons of clowns on here that think they could do alot better job than guys who've done it for decades....LOL

Stuck in Cali
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Now I haven't been to a stadium since Denver @ SD back in 98. This seems like a good thing.

maher_tyler
07-06-2012, 06:51 AM
I think it puts more pressure on the official to get it right...

DHallblows
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I hate how fan reactions change officials' calls, that's the worst part of basketball.

Those better be noise canceling headphones he's putting on before entering the booth...