PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 5 in 5 out - Broncos Out

Gutless Drunk
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8124377

Tombstone RJ
07-04-2012, 11:10 AM
well I guess that's why they play the games...

Los Broncos
07-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Our schedule is brutal, wow.

Broncos4tw
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Every year they pick the Chargers to win the division makes me smile and laugh a little.

Los Broncos
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Every year they pick the Chargers to win the division makes me smile and laugh a little.

Or the SB, ESPN always picks them even in mini camps to win it all.

Tombstone RJ
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Yah, Sandy Eggo winning it with a suspect defense but don't let that bother you 'cause they have been the team to beat for the last 10 years, right?

Archer81
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Im surprised people are surprised that ESPiN blows.

F'em.

:Broncos:

canadianbroncosfan
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I for one am sold by their compelling arguments. I can only wish that we can get half as many wins as we did in '09. /Sar

I'm so sick of hearing about our schedule being so fuggin tough, oh no we play the big bad Steelers in week 1, can someone remind me what happened the last time we played those goombas. When our "RB of a QB" lit them up for over 300 yards?

Falcons are a little more overrated than everyone gives them credit for. Of their 10 wins last year, 8 of them were against teams with sub .500 records and of their 6 losses, 5 of them were against teams with over .500 record.

The Saints this year WILL NOT be the Saints of years past.

Quit ****ing writing us off before the god damn season starts.

razorwire77
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Marcellus Wiley and Damien Woody have spoken. Time to cancel Direct and crawl under a rock.

houghtam
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

Yep, still there.

NFLBRONCO
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
We could have best talent in league and we'd hear this from ESPN why does this upset fans over and over. They are anti-Bronco and always will be but, who cares

I'm excited about this team and looking forward to 2012 see what happens. Not expecting sb or anything just want to see a vastly improved team that can beat good or great teams that is healthy not a banged up like the Steeler team was.

errand
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I like that they're saying we're not gonna make it...cuz it's just that much sweeter watching them scramble to climb on board when we do.

RaiderH8r
07-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I expect this team to win the super bowl. Period. Anything less is a failure.

jbiel
07-04-2012, 04:07 PM
But yet we are 10 in Espn power rankings and next closest division team is SD at 15. Analysts have easiest jobs ever. They totally reverse what they say from week to week and half the time they are talking they don't believe what they are saying. They will all be sucking Peyton's you know what when we come out of the first 8 games with a winning record and then it is smooth sailing from there.

Stuck in Cali
07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I like that they're saying we're not gonna make it...cuz it's just that much sweeter watching them scramble to climb on board when we do.

I'm with ya, hope to be counted out and overlooked every week. For me I feel we play better when people say we have no chance.

RaiderH8r
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Marcellus Wiley can eat the dingleberries off of a diseased yak.

cutthemdown
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Marcellus Wiley can eat the dingleberries off of a diseased yak.

May the fleas from 1000 camels infest his ball sack.

BABronco
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Id say if we cant get the same record or better than we got with Orton/Tebow last year I'll be pretty disappointed. I don't know if that record would put us on the in or on the out... but its what I'm hoping for this year.

Play2win
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Newsflash— Strength of schedule is how good the teams are as we play them, not how good they are weeks or months before we play them, and lord know not before the freaking season, let alone training camp, has even started.

Broncos4tw
07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Every year, someone's schedule is "brutal" or easy... until they play it. Half the teams who are supposed to be strong end up sucking it - and weak teams out come and beat the good ones. Welcome to free agency.

There are a handful of tough teams.. but we'll be ok. Yes.. the Steelers.. so tough.. except.. hmm.. didn't we just beat them in a playoff game? With TEBOW as QB? Yea.. I can totally see how we'd do worse with Manning.

TonyR
07-04-2012, 08:21 PM
The toughest thing is that we're at Atlanta, New England, and Baltimore. All east coast road games against good teams.

CEH
07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Super Bowl winners are playing their best come playoff time. I expect Denver to be playing theri best the last 6 games.

Get hot at the right time is more crucial than a 13-3 record resting players

Ask the Kings in hockey or Pitts in 2005 or NYG in 2011 or GB in 2010

errand
07-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I think alot of analysts will be eating a great big ****-burger come december and january...

KCStud
07-04-2012, 10:24 PM
The toughest thing is that we're at Atlanta, New England, and Baltimore. All east coast road games against good teams.

PITT
@SD (MNF)
@KC
@CIN
HOU
NO
@CAR

All those games are gonna be hard to win man.

Doggcow
07-04-2012, 10:31 PM
PITT
@SD (MNF)
@KC
@CIN
HOU
NO
@CAR

Lol he's making jokes :)

Vegas_Bronco
07-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Remember when Orton beat the Packers...that was great! Now why give two frosted hockey stick shizts to what espn says.

ZONA
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Newsflash— Strength of schedule is how good the teams are as we play them, not how good they are weeks or months before we play them, and lord know not before the freaking season, let alone training camp, has even started.

Not only that, but injuries play a huge part as well. How many teams were saying ah damn, we have to play the Colts, before last season started. Look at how our defense changed just with an injured thumb on a single player. Went from a fearsome sack machine to so so.

Take it one game at a time.

canadianbroncosfan
07-05-2012, 01:10 AM
PITT
@SD (MNF)
@KC
@CIN
HOU
NO
@CAR

Nice try sneaking that one in there.

Stuck in Cali
07-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Honesty the schedule means nothing, unless its played on paper. You have to play the games on the field. Teams that were tough last year will not be this year. Again I hope everyone in the country says we have no chance, players will play better to prove them wrong.

Bacchus
07-05-2012, 05:32 AM
PITT
@SD (MNF)
@KC
@CIN
HOU
NO
@CAR

Denver is 0-8 at home against their divisional opponents the last two years. You might as mark all those games as "HARD" as well.

Point is the schedule is what it is and how hard the schedule is will not determine what Denver's record turns ou to be. The determination of Denver's record lies with the players, coaches and #18 not how hard their schedule is.

Broncosman
07-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Entertainment and Sports Programming Network

Yep, still there.

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
07-05-2012, 05:46 AM
I think it could go either way. Our schedule is a nightmare, but at the same time we signed Manning who makes the team better on paper. I won't be shocked by another 8-8 season, and I also won't be shocked if we win the division again with such a record.

55CrushEm
07-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Denver is 0-8 at home against their divisional opponents the last two years.

Wow! That IS pretty fricken bad......especially considering we only played 6 divisional home games in the last 2 years.

maher_tyler
07-05-2012, 06:50 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QsogswrH6ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Wow! That IS pretty fricken bad......especially considering we only played 6 divisional home games in the last 2 years.

LOL... you're right Denver was 0-6 not 0-8.

houghtam
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
LOL... you're right Denver was 0-6 not 0-8.

Actually we're 1-5 over the past two years in divisional home games. We beat the Chiefs 49-29 at home in 2010. BUT, we're 1-8 stretching back to 2009.

That's got to be worst in the league. Is there a team out there who hasn't won a divisional home game in three years?

Bacchus
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually we're 1-5 over the past two years in divisional home games. We beat the Chiefs 49-29 at home in 2010. BUT, we're 1-8 stretching back to 2009.

That's got to be worst in the league. Is there a team out there who hasn't won a divisional home game in three years?

LOL... well, I knew we Denver was bad anyway!!!

That will change with Manning running the no huddle at Mile High.... oh yeah, good times a comin'!

KCStud
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Nice try sneaking that one in there.

We all know you struggle there no matter what team you have. Btw we're 2-1 at your place since our new regime took over.:yayaya:

R-Mac
07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Last year, every team in the AFC West struggled to beat the Broncos when Orton or Tebow was the quarterback. The losses to Oakland, San Diego and Kansas City were really close games. Now add Manning to the equation. I doubt the other teams are in position to take the division title. The lack of impact from this draft will hurt a bit. This draft did not bring weapons that can help Manning right now. Anyway, we can't ignore the change from Orton/Tebow to Peyton Manning. 3rd down conversions, redzone offense, game management. There will be a considerable difference.

TonyR
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
^ I don't disagree, Rod. But at the same time KC is getting some good players back from injury and I'd expect Rivers to be better for SD than he was last season.

houghtam
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
^ I don't disagree, Rod. But at the same time KC is getting some good players back from injury and I'd expect Rivers to be better for SD than he was last season.

The "we win the SB because we have Manning" mantra does not take into account that other teams <gasp> might just be in the business of improving their teams, as well.

Mile High Salute
07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
No doubt the schedule is tough, but that's why the Broncos brought on Manning. Tebow probably goes 6-10 against this schedule. Manning adds at least 4 wins, so 10-6 or better even with the tough schedule, which is more than enough to win the AFC West.

And San Diego? LOL Is Norv Turner still the coach?? Hilarious! Yeah, that's what I thought. They will choke once again when it matters.

R-Mac
07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
The other teams also made their moves, obviously. The Broncos upgraded the most important position, QB. As consequence, all other positions on offense will perform better. I think the division rivals don't have secondaries that can stop Manning. They will need depth because Manning can read the field and distribute the ball at a much higher level than Orton or Tebow. Even though I'm disappointed with the draft, the Broncos made some good moves in free agency. Caldwell, Dreessen, Tamme. Ryan Harris (depending on his health). Even Jason Hill was a good signing in my opinion. Cheap, #2 WR of the Jaguars last season, fast player that can stretch the field, had his production severely limited by an awful QB.

Bacchus
07-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Last year, every team in the AFC West struggled to beat the Broncos when Orton or Tebow was the quarterback. The losses to Oakland, San Diego and Kansas City were really close games. Now add Manning to the equation. I doubt the other teams are in position to take the division title. The lack of impact from this draft will hurt a bit. This draft did not bring weapons that can help Manning right now. Anyway, we can't ignore the change from Orton/Tebow to Peyton Manning. 3rd down conversions, redzone offense, game management. There will be a considerable difference.

Hillman and Wolfe could help Manning this year. Any of the draft picks could help Denver this year. You don't know poopycacka about the draft picks. You're just throwing poopycacka against the wall...... Like I do!! :yayaya:

R-Mac
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Hillman and Wolfe could help Manning this year. Any of the draft picks could help Denver this year. You don't know poopycacka about the draft picks. You're just throwing poopycacka against the wall...... Like I do!! :yayaya:

We all throw poopycacka against the wall, including the front office when it's time to make a selection during the draft.

DontBeMessin
07-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Why is this a surprise?

ColoradoDarin
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
meh. Watched the video, nothing all that out there, especially considering it's E!spn.

maher_tyler
07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
The other teams also made their moves, obviously. The Broncos upgraded the most important position, QB. As consequence, all other positions on offense will perform better. I think the division rivals don't have secondaries that can stop Manning. They will need depth because Manning can read the field and distribute the ball at a much higher level than Orton or Tebow. Even though I'm disappointed with the draft, the Broncos made some good moves in free agency. Caldwell, Dreessen, Tamme. Ryan Harris (depending on his health). Even Jason Hill was a good signing in my opinion. Cheap, #2 WR of the Jaguars last season, fast player that can stretch the field, had his production severely limited by an awful QB.

Manning improves the whole team. Converting 3rd downs sustaining drives letting the defense rest. Field position. Scoring more points and getting into FG position more frequently..hopefully more times than not drives end in a TD.

Bacchus
07-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Manning improves the whole team. Converting 3rd downs sustaining drives letting the defense rest. Field position. Scoring more points and getting into FG position more frequently..hopefully more times than not drives end in a TD.

You are right.

What Manning will improve on the Broncos.

1. Field Position (less three and outs means longer drives)
2. Time of possession (Less three and outs)
3. Points scored (obvious)
4. Points given up (more T.O.P will mean a better rested defense plus better field position will mean opponents will have to drive farther for scores.)
5. More big game changing plays by the defense. Denver scoring points will force opponents to become one dimmensional and easier for Doom and Miller to wreck havock causing sacks, fumbles and interceptions.