PDA

View Full Version : Mannings arm strength

Stuck in Cali
07-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Just curious how can a reporter make these type of assumptions. If he caught passes before and after the surgery I could see it hold some truth. But I doubt he even met Manning before he became a Bronco.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82a4eed6/report-peyton-mannings-arm-at-85to90-percent-strength/

Hope the link works, doing it from my phone.(not good at using this thing)

LongDongJohnson
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Arm strength is overrated anyway. I think 90% is plenty good. Manning has accuracy, brain, and big forehead which are more important traits anyway.

Jay3
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
It was a myth held by fake fans that Peyton was ever high on the arm strength curve anway

Peyton didn't throw it that hard. And he didn't "spin it" that great either (he was notorious for throwing on-target wobblers). And he had "happy feet" in the pocket.

All the supposed "rules" go out the window with a guy like Peyton. Just gets it done because he knows how to play football.

broncosteven
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
I am still amazed that he has had no setbacks yet.

I thought he would never play again.

Apparently his nerve issue wasn't that bad or he was able to get treatment not accessible to people like me.

I will say that good physical therapy really does help. I personally have come a long way building up the muscles that I respond has helped some.

I sure hope Manning has turned the corner, I would hate to have to break in a rookie QB this year.

razorwire77
07-03-2012, 09:09 PM
So according to Klis his perceived arm strength has improved from 65 percent to 90 percent in a relatively short period of time, but his perceived arm strength will never again improve from that point. Got it.

DBroncos4life
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Denver messed up not waiting till Tebow touched Manning first. :P

Shananahan
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
It was a myth held by fake fans that Peyton was ever high on the arm strength curve anway

Peyton didn't throw it that hard. And he didn't "spin it" that great either (he was notorious for throwing on-target wobblers). And he had "happy feet" in the pocket.

All the supposed "rules" go out the window with a guy like Peyton. Just gets it done because he knows how to play football.
What the hell are you talking about?

FantomForce
07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Sports information desk "Hurry quick someone dig up a story on the Broncos" Marc " what if we say Peyton's arm is better but not great like..... 80%??" Director "Make it 90% it will just sound better, BRILLANT Marc, someone get this man a Guinness"

errand
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
All I know is that when Peyton throws the ball, it generally winds up in a WR's, RB's or TE's hands for a completion....and generally 30 of them are for TD's

SoCalBronco
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Mike Klis rule.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks Dr Klis. How is that journalism

myMind
07-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Curiosity leads me to question how a reporter can make these types of assumptions. If he(who) caught passes before and after the surgery I could see it hold some truth, though it is doubtful that the author has ever met Manning prior to the HoF QBs arrival in Denver.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82a4eed6/report-peyton-mannings-arm-at-85to90-percent-strength/

Hope the link works, doing it from my phone.(not good at using this thing)

Fixed by the english comp police.
I've been writing an academic essay for the last four hours...sorry.
Time to sleep.

canadianbroncosfan
07-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Maybe it's just me, and I definitely don't read Klis or the Post on a regular basis, but at times he seems as credible at Bleacher Report.

Stuck in Cali
07-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Wonder if he came up with the article himself, gave it to the editor. Or if the editor asked for a article.

Bacchus
07-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Why ar epeople getting on Klis for this article. This is a NFL.com article written by Marc Sessler. He just used quotes from Klis. No telling where he got them from.

Jay3
07-04-2012, 04:29 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

All of those things are true. Peyton's arm was never like a Jay Cutler arm.

His arm strength is fine. But his arm strength is middle of the pack (even for just current NFL). His talent is Hall of Fame. So his arm strength lacks proportion to his talent.

Stagger Lee
07-04-2012, 05:45 AM
Mike Klis rule.

This. Dude is now and has always been a tool.

fontaine
07-04-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm not concerned about Manning's arm strength unless the gameplan is to throw the ball 50-60 yards on a rope in swirling winds.

I think a more legit concern is fatigue. As in how is his arm/neck going to hold up late December after throwing the ball hundreds of times during the season but I guess the coaches will monitor his practice reps to avoid that.

That's why I think a potent running game will help us and help him greatly.

I don't want to close out games in the 4th if/when we have a lead asking Manning to throw passes just to move the chains and eat up clock. That's the job of the OL and run game.

errand
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM
That's why I think a potent running game will help us and help him greatly.

I don't want to close out games in the 4th if/when we have a lead asking Manning to throw passes just to move the chains and eat up clock. That's the job of the OL and run game.

And playing with a lead will help the running game as well.....imagine how nice that'll be.