PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Week 1 Depth Chart Prediction

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone wanna take a stab at this considering some of the young guns looking to make the roster...?

Shananahan
07-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Get in here, Boomhauer.

Swedish Extrovert
07-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Yay, another depth chart prediction thread at another completely arbitrary point in the season.

15 post rule.

StugotsIII
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
The QB battle will be interesting to watch...

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Yay, another depth chart prediction thread at another completely arbitrary point in the season.

15 post rule.

http://i55.tinypic.com/9rh7pd.jpg

lol when was the last depth chart prediction thread??

Bacchus
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll do the first three. Manning will start. So will Champ and Dumerville.

ward63
07-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I'll do the first three. Manning will start. So will Champ and Dumerville.

Rumor has it Von Miller has a shot to start and Ryan Clady may as well.

TheChamp24
07-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Woooah there buddy, what is your source on this information?

broncogary
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM

15 post rule.

Obviously this guy is a BroncoBen wannabe.:strong:

ant1999e
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/9rh7pd.jpg

lol when was the last depth chart prediction thread??

Ignore smurf. He's just mad because he has little blue balls:)

orange skier
07-01-2012, 06:03 PM
personally, I like his avatar......

GoHAM
07-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd heard that Britton Colquitt had the Punter position all but locked up, although I guess that could change if they bring in some competition for him.

JCMElway
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105941

My stab at the final 53

QB (3)
Manning, Hannie, Osweiler

RB (5)
Magahee, Hillman, Moreno, Fanin
Gronkowski (FB)

WR (5)
D Thomas, A Caldwell
Decker, Page
Stokley

TE (4)
Tamme, J Thomas
Dressen, V Green

OL (8)
Clady, R Harris
Franklin
Kuper, Ramirez
Beadles
Blake, Walton

DE (4)
Dumerville, Hunter
Ayers, M Jackson

DT (4)
Warren, Vickerson
Wolfe, Bannan

LB (7)
SLB: D.J, Woodyard, Steven Johnson
WLB: Von, Travathan
MLB: Mays, Irving

CB (6)
Champ, Bolden
Florence, Porter, Squid Thompson
Slot: C Harris

(S)
Moore, Carter
M Adams, Bruton

ST: Prater, Paxton, Colquitt

PS
Ihenaco S
Remmers OT
G Robinson WR
Coryell CB
Blatnick DE
Silga DT
Tribue OG
J Franklin LB

I think someone like Franklin or Blatnik could start the season with the team to cover for DJ while he is suspended.

lonestar
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105941

My stab at the final 53

QB (3)
Manning, Hannie, Osweiler

RB (5)
Magahee, Hillman, Moreno, Fanin
Gronkowski (FB)

WR (5)
D Thomas, A Caldwell
Decker, Page
Stokley

TE (4)
Tamme, J Thomas
Dressen, V Green

OL (8)
Clady, R Harris
Franklin
Kuper, Ramirez
Beadles
Blake, Walton

DE (4)
Dumerville, Hunter
Ayers, M Jackson

DT (4)
Warren, Vickerson
Wolfe, Bannan

LB (7)
SLB: D.J, Woodyard, Steven Johnson
WLB: Von, Travathan
MLB: Mays, Irving

CB (6)
Champ, Bolden
Florence, Porter, Squid Thompson
Slot: C Harris

(S)
Moore, Carter
M Adams, Bruton

ST: Prater, Paxton, Colquitt

PS
Ihenaco S
Remmers OT
G Robinson WR
Coryell CB
Blatnick DE
Silga DT
Tribue OG
J Franklin LB

I think someone like Franklin or Blatnik could start the season with the team to cover for DJ while he is suspended.

Not bad,

but the real question was Broncos Week 1 Depth Chart Prediction..

JCMElway
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Not bad,

but the real question was Broncos Week 1 Depth Chart Prediction..

I've listed the depth chart. Starters are listed first.

Requiem
07-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Way to point him in the right direction, Elway.

CEH
07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Get in here, Boomhauer.

I don't see Stokley or Demarius Thomas making it out of camp. Both guys suck

JCMElway
07-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Why all the D Thomas hate? He made great strides with a sub-par passer last year. Even if he does nothing else he's a big red-zone target that should catch at least 8 TDs.

I would bet my house that Demarius makes the squad this year.

ward63
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Woooah there buddy, what is your source on this information?

I tweet with the Broncos' janitorial manager. Keep that on the down-low please!

Requiem
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Why all the D Thomas hate? He made great strides with a sub-par passer last year. Even if he does nothing else he's a big red-zone target that should catch at least 8 TDs.

I would bet my house that Demarius makes the squad this year.

Because clearly Mark Dell is better. Just ask Boomhauer. He will even tell you that Mario Fannin is better than Willis McGahee. Kyle McCarthy is as good as Ed Reed too. :yayaya:

ward63
07-02-2012, 11:30 AM

So Peyton's most familiar target and best target do not make it to season? Is it b/c Stokley is too old and Demaryius is too dumb? I strongly believe they both make the team. DT is the most talented WR we have!

Requiem
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Has anyone heard anything about Nate Irving? Is he expected to push for a starting role this year at any spot?

I'm guessing this will be Williams' final year with the club. I think we have some potential at LB (Trevethan, Irving) but the team definitely needs to get a stud. I am not sure how confident I am about rolling Mays and Woodyard out as starters.

Looking over that potential depth chart (and the roster itself) we definitely need to keep adding to our defense early on in the 2013 Draft.

CEH
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
You guys need to figure out where I pulled that DT quote from
It was some dweeb who thought DT should be cut
It was a joke

BroncoMan4ever
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Because clearly Mark Dell is better. Just ask Boomhauer. He will even tell you that Mario Fannin is better than Willis McGahee. Kyle McCarthy is as good as Ed Reed too. :yayaya:

the Fannin remark may end up being true. i think we are going to be really happy with that dude.

Cito Pelon
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
I still have a hard time seeing Hanie make the roster over Weber, unless Weber is so woeful he's worse than Hanie. Is it possible? Osweiler will be #2 coming out of camp, then Weber.

Shananahan
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd rather roll with only two quarterbacks than let Hanie use up a roster space (assuming Weber doesn't make the team). I realize he's probably better than I give him credit for, but I don't see any upside to keeping him around.

If Manning goes down we're going to be running the hell out of the ball and crossing our fingers anyway, so what's the point?

Swedish Extrovert
07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll say what I say in all these depth chart threads: Morenoo will makes the team as a #3 option.

DJ might not.

Other than that, the list is pretty comprehensive in terms of starters. The only real battle I see is at TE, CB2 and possibly MLB, and/or FS though I think Mays and Adams will be the day on pe starters with the hopes of handing over the reins to Irving/Moore assuming they're not completely incompetent like last season.

DBroncos4life
07-02-2012, 03:24 PM
the Fannin remark may end up being true. i think we are going to be really happy with that dude.

I bet he doesn't even rush for 100 yards for the season.

canadianbroncosfan
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM

I hear Von is being traded to the Jags for an eighth round pick. Clady and Manning are going to the Dolphins for Tannehill. It's on the Mane so it has to be true.

Hamrob
07-03-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm hoping that Beal can beat out Hunter. Beal was a star in College.

I also think that Saliga makes the team at DT...perhaps at the expense of Stevie Johnson (LB).

And, I'm not sure Page beats out Hill for a roster spot. I think Manning will go with experience. Page to the practice squad along with Robinson. I also think we carry (6) WR's and Willis is that 6th guy (special teams). Willis plays all special teams, page is just a returner. Hillman will be our returner this year.

Requiem
07-03-2012, 07:46 AM

If he contributes anything on the field, great. I just do not have high expectations given that McGahee will start, Hillman was drafted and Moreno, if healthy, can be a viable threat on third downs as a pass catcher.

Doubt Beal beats out Hunter. Malik Jackson probably can earn a roster spot as well. Beal is the kind of guy who was a good college guy, but has limited pro potential. Any time a guy gets talked about being a second or third round pick, but craps down the draft like he did is likely a good indicator that teams didn't think he offered much value to their teams or would have an impact in the NFL. Factor in Wolfe playing DE in base formations probably hampers his shot even more.

CEH
07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Moreno will not make the squad.

Requiem
07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Moreno will not make the squad.

Ah, I bet he will.

brantleymassey
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Most people don't realize Morena has one of the highest averages as far as yards per catch for rb's and he has an average above 5 yards per carry.
The problem with him he does not stay health and there is not a large sample of his work. The thing that will keep on the team for this year is his pass protection. Manning loves rb's that can block and Moreno is the best pass blocking rb on the roster. Don't believe me, watch the film. With that said he will have to stay healthy all year and probably retake the starting job from Mcgahee to remain on the team after this year. If he can stay healthy I believe he can do it but that is a very big IF especially since he could start the season on the PUP list.

brantleymassey
07-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Sorry Moreno not Morena

brantleymassey
07-03-2012, 05:09 PM

Are you serious; that may be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Shananahan
07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
They won't, and McGahee could very likely be cut as well.

Better is better, but the blind cannot tell, only follow the loudest chant.

DBroncos4life
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
They won't, and McGahee could very likely be cut as well.

Better is better, but the blind cannot tell, only follow the loudest chant.

Hilarious!

CEH
07-04-2012, 04:55 AM
Most people don't realize Morena has one of the highest averages as far as yards per catch for rb's and he has an average above 5 yards per carry.
The problem with him he does not stay health and there is not a large sample of his work. The thing that will keep on the team for this year is his pass protection. Manning loves rb's that can block and Moreno is the best pass blocking rb on the roster. Don't believe me, watch the film. With that said he will have to stay healthy all year and probably retake the starting job from Mcgahee to remain on the team after this year. If he can stay healthy I believe he can do it but that is a very big IF especially since he could start the season on the PUP list.

Morena maybe not sure who he is but Knowshown Moreno has never averaged over 5 yards per carry. And health for a RB who takes the most pounding can be used against Morneo. Add in the fact he's nothing special either in the open field or around the goal line and he's just another guy. A slow RB before the torn ACL sounds like a roster spot to me

Knowsown is Kevin Smith of DET. Noone would be on here clamouring for Smith like they are doing to Knowshown. He'd be on the cut line just like Moreno

eddie mac
07-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Have I missed something over the offseason??? Since when has Von Miller switched to WLB from SLB??? and Woodyard vice versa.

ward63
07-04-2012, 08:38 AM
To think McGahee will be cut is completely asinine! His hands (regardless of stats) and vision have always been good and Peyton will love having him. You could be joking and I certainly hope that you are...

ward63
07-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Since we've had multiple depth chart posts, lets turn this into position battles (and no lets not including P/K). Post your opinion...
2nd/3rd string QB
RB
WR- Keep 5/6?
TE-Who starts? Keep both young guys?
OL-Depth? Does Harris crack the starting lineup?
DT-Most intriguing and scariest (bad way) position?
DE-Flexible with DT's
LB-DJ? Middle? Depth?
C-Is this not the deepest position we have? 2-4 up for grabs?
S-Young guys battle? Depth?

brantleymassey
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Morena maybe not sure who he is but Knowshown Moreno has never averaged over 5 yards per carry. And health for a RB who takes the most pounding can be used against Morneo. Add in the fact he's nothing special either in the open field or around the goal line and he's just another guy. A slow RB before the torn ACL sounds like a roster spot to me

Knowsown is Kevin Smith of DET. Noone would be on here clamouring for Smith like they are doing to Knowshown. He'd be on the cut line just like Moreno

I'm not saying there are not 40 rb's in the league that are better than he is, but it is foolish to think that our backfield will hold up with an aging Mcgahee, a small rookie who played for San Jose State, and then we have Fannin and from watching him play every year at Auburn I can tell you he is nothing special. I only give Moreno the benifit of the doubt because he was so successful in the SEC. He has shown talent but like I said he has to stay healthy the entire year to prove he is not just a roster spot. I agree with you if he gets hurt he should be cut but not until because the running backs on the roster are not the best in the world