PDA

View Full Version : Date for regular season tickets to go on sale?

canadianbroncosfan
06-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Does anyone know what the actual on sale date of tickets is? Everywhere on the Broncos website just says

"Tickets for individual games during the 2012 season at Sports Authority Field at Mile High will go on sale this summer. Please check back late spring for an exact date and time."

Well late spring has come and go and no date has been posted. Just curious if season ticket holders or those in and around the Denver area may have some insight. Looking to get tickets to the Saints game on October 28th.

tnedator
06-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Unless I missed it, the Broncos haven't announced when single game tickets will go on sale.

That's a little weird, because outside of the locked out offseason last year, I think they usually go on sale early to mid July.

BroncoBeavis
06-27-2012, 06:45 AM
If memory serves I think it was August. Although its been awhile since I tried for regular season single game tix.

tnedator
06-27-2012, 06:49 AM
If memory serves I think it was August. Although its been awhile since I tried for regular season single game tix.

Last year it was August, but that was because of the lockout. I think in '09 and '10 it was in the July 10 to 15 range.

BroncoBeavis
06-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Last year it was August, but that was because of the lockout. I think in '09 and '10 it was in the July 10 to 15 range.

Yeah looks like you're right. There's been at least a couple years it was early August, but usually the last half of July.

BroncoFaith
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I was wondering about this as well.
I've been combing Craigslist and the Bronco ticket exchange, but prices seem quite high (home opener against the Steelers)
I realize it's about as premium as games get, but is $250-$300 reasonable per seat for uppper bowl?

Irish Stout
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM
I was wondering about this as well.
I've been combing Craigslist and the Bronco ticket exchange, but prices seem quite high (home opener against the Steelers)
I realize it's about as premium as games get, but is $250-$300 reasonable per seat for uppper bowl?

No. When single game tickets go on sale, then second hand ticket prices will drop. Expect to pay up to $100 for upper deckers though for home opener vs. Steelers with the Manning debut.

tnedator
06-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Should be an announcement soon on when they go on sale.

BroncoBeavis
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
I think there's a substantial part of the season ticket market who puts a fishing price tag out there for their tickets. They plan on going to the game, but if someone's willing to offer them an inordinate amount of money, they're willing to make other plans for the right price. :)

That's why prices tend to look stupid way early, and even later on you'll see stupid prices listed. But once people who need to sell start to feel the pressure to sell, prices come down.

BroncoFaith
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Yikes, glad I didn't jump on any of them, thanks for the heads up.
What should one be paying roughly for lower bowl? (same game)

BroncoBeavis
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Or in other words, it's way too early to be buying tickets in back channels. Get them through ticketmaster if you can. But count on the fact that you'll be able to get them cheaper a couple weeks before the game than now.

I'm honestly not sure how you can even sell tickets at this point. I don't think we've gotten our paper tickets yet, and I don't think the ticketexchange will let them be listed this early.

tnedator
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
They go on sale July 23rd at 11 MDT.

BroncoBeavis
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Hard to say, if you're talking prime sideline seats, I wouldn't be surprised to pay $200-250. Whenever I've sat there though I was using friends of friends type tickets and paying face. This game is unusual though so it's hard to predict. I'm up high in the South Stands but I wouldn't be surprised to see those going for $130-$150 ($80 FV)

tnedator
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
From the Broncos release:

The Denver Broncos on Wednesday announced that tickets for individual games during the 2012 season at Sports Authority Field at Mile High will go on sale beginning Monday, July 23, at 11 a.m. MDT. Ticket availability will vary, as the Broncos have sold out 325 consecutive regular-season games dating back to 1970, but a limited number of tickets (mostly single seats) will be available for all games beginning on Monday, July 23.

The Broncos offer a variety of price levels, which are detailed at the bottom of this release, as well as points of purchase for their fans. Included in the inventory available for the public are full-price tickets, half-price tickets, ADA tickets and club seat tickets.

Ticket purchasers may acquire seats via the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone system (800-745-3000), through the Internet at Ticketmaster.com, local Ticketmaster outlets (including select Walmart stores, Cherry Creek Shopping Center Guest Services Desk, The Official Visitors Center at 1600 California St. Ste. 6, Town Center @ Aurora Guest Services, Angelo’s CD’S & More, and Twist & Shout). For best results, the Broncos recommend the online and charge-by-phone capabilities that Ticketmaster provides to help avoid long lines while gaining access to the same inventory.

Full-Price Tickets: Full-price tickets go on sale at 11 a.m. MDT on Monday, July 23. They may be purchased via the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone system (800-745-3000), at any local Ticketmaster outlet and through the Internet at Ticketmaster.com. Please note that there will be a limit of four tickets per household per game.

Half-Price Tickets: Half-price tickets go on sale at 1 p.m. MDT on Monday, July 23. They may be purchased through the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone system (800-745-3000) or through the Internet at Ticketmaster.com only.

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2012, 10:07 AM
This game will have a playoff-like pricing structure. It's a perfect storm.

Home opener premium.
First Manning game premium.
Sunday Night Football premium.
Steeler fans willing to pay anything to get in premium.
Best non-division rivalry (I'd hear an argument for New England, but they're not coming to Mile High this year).

canadianbroncosfan
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM
They go on sale July 23rd at 11 MDT.

Apparently I was just to premature, thanks so much!!!

canadianbroncosfan
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM

We paid $275 a ticket for row 11/50 yard line for the home opener last year against Oakland. It also had a bunch of premiums (MNF, Home Opener, Division Rivalry). Not sure how much the Manning premium will be :D

canadianbroncosfan
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
From the Broncos release:

Full-Price Tickets: Full-price tickets go on sale at 11 a.m. MDT on Monday, July 23. They may be purchased via the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone system (800-745-3000), at any local Ticketmaster outlet and through the Internet at Ticketmaster.com. Please note that there will be a limit of four tickets per household per game.

Half-Price Tickets: Half-price tickets go on sale at 1 p.m. MDT on Monday, July 23. They may be purchased through the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone system (800-745-3000) or through the Internet at Ticketmaster.com only.

I hate this. I want to wait for half price tickets but if you strike out, a lot of decent seats are already gone.