PDA

View Full Version : Super Joe Sakic to the NHL Hall of Fame

crush17
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Congrats to the greatest Avalanche player of all time! Well deserved!

bronco militia
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
!Booya! congrats!

Swedish Extrovert
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Congrats to the greatest Avalanche player of all time! Well deserved!

It is well-deserved, but Joe is the second greatest Avalanche player of all time.

Peter Forsberg would be up there with Gretzky and Lemieux, had he stayed healthy. In games that Forsberg played in, the Avs were basically unbeatable, and in games he didn't they played around .500. During his tenure his PPG was #1 in the league and second wasn't even close.

That said, Sakic was a classy dude and a good goal scorer due to his dealy wrist shot. The HOF is well-deserved.

Smiling Assassin27
06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
i disagree. i take sakic. what forsberg could've been is really the main reason that i take sakic as the best Av ever. he was a superb captain and represented the Avs and hockey much better. (See forsberg cheapshots for verification of this) Congrats Joe.

Rabb
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
i disagree. i take sakic. what forsberg could've been is really the main reason that i take sakic as the best Av ever. he was a superb captain and represented the Avs and hockey much better. (See forsberg cheapshots for verification of this) Congrats Joe.

absolutely agree

bronco militia
06-26-2012, 12:51 PM

****ing redwings fans

yeah, you're are correct.

gyldenlove
06-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Sakic is everything I used to hate about the Avs, he was supremely talented, motivated, durable, extremely productive, a great leader and a true clutch performer and he was extremely likable. He should have been a Red Wing.

That said, this is well deserved for the guy who may be the last true Canadian gentleman hockey superstar.

Powderaddict
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Forsberg's cheap shots were because the refs let him get mugged everygame. He was a powerful tough SOB.

Top 3 favorite AVS in order:

1. Forsberg
2. Roy
3. Sakic

Congrats Joe, much deserved!

Swedish Extrovert
06-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Forsberg's cheap shots were because the refs let him get mugged everygame. He was a powerful tough SOB.

Top 3 favorite AVS in order:

1. Forsberg
2. Roy
3. Sakic

Congrats Joe, much deserved!

And he was mugged because he was a finesse player who wasn't afraid to fight in the trenches.

gyldenlove
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
And he was mugged because he was a finesse player who wasn't afraid to fight in the trenches.

He was mugged because it was the only way to stop him.

maher_tyler
06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
A fully healthy Forsberg was unstoppable. Had he had better luck with injuries, he'd easily be a top 10 player of all time. Not a doubt in my mind!

Congrats to Super Joe! Well deserved! Avs could use a guy like him that's for sure!

DHallblows
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Forsberg's injury history is why I wouldn't consider him the best Av. Super Joe is everything you want in a captain and the Avs miss him dearly right now.

And if you want to get picky, I'd say Roy is above Forsberg as an Av as well

Broncos_OTM
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Joe is the best AV ever. my favorite ever was ray bourqe though

ray
forseberg
Joe
footer

Marshall Dumervil
06-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Good for Joe, he deserves it. I liked Forsburg, all this chat reminds me of his between the legs, no look pass, backwards, to Sakic for a goal. I'm pretty sure it was a playoff game, damned if I remember when.

canadianbroncosfan
06-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Congrats Joe!

BroncoMan4ever
06-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Joe is the best AV ever. my favorite ever was ray bourqe though

ray
forseberg
Joe
footer

i never thought of Bourque as an AV. it was great seeing him win the cup, but i always felt he was a rental player for a short time.

canadianbroncosfan
06-28-2012, 12:32 AM
i never thought of Bourque as an AV. it was great seeing him win the cup, but i always felt he was a rental player for a short time.

Yeah I don't think 128 total games (including playoffs) makes him an AV. That would be like Blues fans calling Gretzky their fav. Blue of all time.

Chris
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats Joe!

Damnit.

Smiling Assassin27
06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Damnit.

i second that. :pimp:

Broncos4tw
06-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Sakic is #1 in my book (and I own a Forsberg jersey). Not only for his amazing play, but his leadership, his attitude when not playing - and heck, he is still around in Denver, his kids play youth sports here. He is a DENVER Avalanche - and because of his all around skill and demeanor, that puts him in 1st. I loved watching when he had the puck - it's like when Jordon had the basketball. You knew he had the chance to do something amazing with it every time.

24champ
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Grats' to Joe.

i second that. :pimp:

We'll get them in Sochi.

canadianbroncosfan
06-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Damnit.

Sorry guys, had too.

Been a Blackhawks fan my whole life so never really followed Sakic that closely. That was hands down one of the most memorable games I've ever seen and the first time I ever got a true appreciation for Sakic.

Pontius Pirate
06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/fl.gif?w=400&h=281