PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Arizona Wildcats baseball!

Broncobiv
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
My Arizona Wildcats just won the College World Series in dominant fashion! Yesterday they smoked South Carolina 5-1 while today ended up as a 4-1 pitchers' duel (I'll still call it a pitcher's duel because it was 1-1 before Arizona scored 3 in the top of the 9th once the relievers we're in). They never trailed during the CWS and went a perfect 10-0 through the regionals, super-regionals, and CWS. They beat the 2-time defending champion Gamecocks and their uber-ace Michael Roth who was a previously undefeated 8-0 in 3 years during the postseason.

Tonight's game especially was filled with drama as it was neck-and-neck until the very last inning. Arizona was up 4-1, but then South Carolina loaded the bases with 1 out, but the Cats pulled it out without allowing another run!

This is Arizona's 4th championship and first since 1986. Coach Andy Lopez is now the second coach to win a National Championship with 2 different teams, also doing it with Pepperdine in 1992.

Amazing pitching, amazing fielding, amazing hitting (8 of their batters averaged over .300 this season, and 5 over .350). In an odd role-reversal of sorts, the Arizona softball team fell short this year, but the men more than made up for it. Congrats Cats! You certainly earned it!

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/603/full/2422.gif

Miss I.
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
That's wicked awesome. That's my school too and my nephew is going to attend there this fall. Good year to be a Wildcat!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/180265_2229746361326_1386398177_n.jpg

Mile High Salute
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
My Arizona Wildcats just won the College World Series in dominant fashion! Yesterday they smoked South Carolina 5-1 while today ended up as a 4-1 pitchers' duel (I'll still call it a pitcher's duel because it was 1-1 before Arizona scored 3 in the top of the 9th once the relievers we're in). They never trailed during the CWS and went a perfect 10-0 through the regionals, super-regionals, and CWS. They beat the 2-time defending champion Gamecocks and their uber-ace Michael Roth who was a previously undefeated 8-0 in 3 years during the postseason.

Tonight's game especially was filled with drama as it was neck-and-neck until the very last inning. Arizona was up 4-1, but then South Carolina loaded the bases with 1 out, but the Cats pulled it out without allowing another run!

This is Arizona's 4th championship and first since 1986. Coach Andy Lopez is now the second coach to win a National Championship with 2 different teams, also doing it with Pepperdine in 1992.

Amazing pitching, amazing fielding, amazing hitting (8 of their batters averaged over .300 this season, and 5 over .350). In an odd role-reversal of sorts, the Arizona softball team fell short this year, but the men more than made up for it. Congrats Cats! You certainly earned it!

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/603/full/2422.gif

It's great to see a Pac-10 team do it again. It was a blast watching my O-State Ballaz pull it off in 2006 and 2007, and I know I speak for many in Beaver Nation when I say I was pulling for you guys. Always root for the Pac-10/12 (except for the Ducks :rofl:). Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Broncobiv
06-25-2012, 09:17 PM
It's great to see a Pac-10 team do it again. It was a blast watching my O-State Ballaz pull it off in 2006 and 2007, and I know I speak for many in Beaver Nation when I say I was pulling for you guys. Always root for the Pac-10/12 (except for the Ducks :rofl:). Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Exactly...always root for the PAC-12 EXCEPT for the Scum Devils!!

rmsanger
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Yawn, does anybody still watch baseball??? College Baseball at that....

Wes Mantooth
06-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Go beavs!

Broncobiv
06-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Yawn, does anybody still watch baseball??? College Baseball at that....

It's predictable responses like this that caused me to wait making the thread until after the tournament was over (thus making it more of a "congratulations" thread rather than a "discussion" thread).

Thank you for your useless comments. You may leave the thread now. :wave:

Mile High Salute
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Exactly...always root for the PAC-12 EXCEPT for the Scum Devils!!

Is it the Scum Devils or the Bum Devils?? :~ohyah!:

Mile High Salute
06-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Go beavs!

Hell yeah, another Beaver fan in the house! Rep, and GO BEAVS!!!! !Booya!

Mile High Salute
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
It's predictable responses like this that caused me to wait making the thread until after the tournament was over (thus making it more of a "congratulations" thread rather than a "discussion" thread).

Thank you for your useless comments. You may leave the thread now. :wave:

College baseball isn't for everyone. Some people don't like baseball. Others just aren't into college sports (mainly because they either didn't go to college, or their alma mater didn't have big-time sports programs). But if you like college sports, and you like baseball (e.g. MLB), I don't see how you can't love college baseball. The CWS especially is just a great environment - I'd put it up there with the NCAA basketball tourney (and arguably even above it) in terms of excitement. And it's awesome seeing some of those guys make it to the Show in a few years. Jacoby Ellsbury and Darwin Barney are a couple of guys in particular from Oregon State's CWS teams that I've enjoyed seeing make it to the bigs. No doubt we'll be seeing some of Zona's key players from this year's team in the bigs in a few years, reppin' the Pac-12. :thumbsup:

How many guys are coming back for the Cats next year? Do you think they have a shot to make another run at it?

Rother8
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Still, Osweiler>Foles

Broncobiv
06-25-2012, 10:53 PM
How many guys are coming back for the Cats next year? Do you think they have a shot to make another run at it?
5 players, all juniors, were drafted in the first 10 rounds this year. Just hearing that makes me believe that repeating could be a tall order! But hey, you never know...call me cautiously skeptical! :P

Still, Osweiler>Foles
Yeah, thanks to EFX, I am now forced to agree with you!

Houshyamama
06-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Congrats Wildcats, you're still a bunch of southern assholes.

Go Devils.

Meck77
06-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Amazing season! Just wait. Our basketball team had the highest ranked recruiting class in the nation. We finally have a football coach. We are firing on all cylinders now!

Bear Down AZ!!

Pontius Pirate
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
You should read Refsnyder's twitter feed. Sounds like the SC fans were yelling a bunch of racist sh*t at him afterwards. Refsnyder deleted a comment or two. He alluded to maybe something about the SC players too.

Refsnyder is going to be a good ballplayer. The Yankees are lucky to have him.