PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the AFC W DBs

Irish Stout
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm hoping this will put an end to the stupid pot stirring by SheepStud on the Burger Bill rankings of LBs. So, without further ado, here's what our chubby ESPN blogger has to say:

Ranking the AFC West defensive backs
June, 25, 2012
JUN 25
11:00
AM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

1. Champ Bailey, Denver: The future Hall of Famer continues to play at a high level.

2. Eric Berry, Kansas City: I expect him to be a star after injuring his knee in Week 1 last year.

3. Eric Weddle, San Diego: Weddle is becoming a premier playmaker.

4. Brandon Flowers, Kansas City: One of the better cornerbacks in the NFL. An unheralded standout.

5. Tyvon Branch, Oakland: He is a tackle machine. The Raiders will do what it takes to keep him for the long run.

6. Stanford Routt, Kansas City: Now that he is a No. 2 cornerback again, expect his play to increase.

7. Tracy Porter, Denver: The Broncos think they got a steal in free agency.

8. Quentin Jammer, San Diego: The Chargers need a bounce-back season from Jammer.

9. Michael Huff, Oakland: He makes a lot of plays and he gives up a lot of plays.

10. Antoine Cason, San Diego: A solid No. 2 corner.

11. Kendrick Lewis, Kansas City: Many scouts think he has a real future.

12. Michael Adams, Denver: He should be a solid addition to a solid secondary.

For the rest of the list, go here: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45158/ranking-the-afc-west-defensive-backs

Kaylore
06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/williamson_bill_m.jpg

canadianbroncosfan
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm hoping this will put an end to the stupid pot stirring by SheepStud on the Burger Bill rankings of LBs. So, without further ado, here's what our chubby ESPN blogger has to say:

Ranking the AFC West defensive backs
June, 25, 2012
JUN 25
11:00
AM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

1. Champ Bailey, Denver: The future Hall of Famer continues to play at a high level.

2. Eric Berry, Kansas City: I expect him to be a star after injuring his knee in Week 1 last year.

3. Eric Weddle, San Diego: Weddle is becoming a premier playmaker.

4. Brandon Flowers, Kansas City: One of the better cornerbacks in the NFL. An unheralded standout.

5. Tyvon Branch, Oakland: He is a tackle machine. The Raiders will do what it takes to keep him for the long run.

6. Stanford Routt, Kansas City: Now that he is a No. 2 cornerback again, expect his play to increase.

7. Tracy Porter, Denver: The Broncos think they got a steal in free agency.
8. Quentin Jammer, San Diego: The Chargers need a bounce-back season from Jammer.

9. Michael Huff, Oakland: He makes a lot of plays and he gives up a lot of plays.

10. Antoine Cason, San Diego: A solid No. 2 corner.

11. Kendrick Lewis, Kansas City: Many scouts think he has a real future.

12. Michael Adams, Denver: He should be a solid addition to a solid secondary.

For the rest of the list, go here: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45158/ranking-the-afc-west-defensive-backs

Pretty detailed explanation. Thanks Williamson you tit.

Kaylore
06-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Pretty detailed explanation. Thanks Williamson you tit.

orinjkrush
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
i've read lots of stuff that says tracy porter is a putz. not true?

btw: hooray.....a football thread

canadianbroncosfan
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM

I've read conflicting reports, but either way say something about the guy.

canadianbroncosfan
06-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Also ^

Shananahan
06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I just watched some videos of Williamson talking about football.

Never again.

Irish Stout
06-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Never again.

I think I'd rather have food poisoning. I am sure the effects are the same.

Rabb
06-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Hilarious!

Irish Stout
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM

Never again.

http://newarkpress.info/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_24546_blogger-blitz-feels-like-1997-in-denver.jpg

Beantown Bronco
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
He looks like the type of guy that would food jack his own threads.

Kaylore
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
He looks like the type of guy that would food jack his own threads.

maher_tyler
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
I still can't believe he works for ESPN...

Irish Stout
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I still can't believe he works for ESPN...

I couldn't believe he worked for the Denver Post. When he got hired by ESPN, I lost all faith in the concept that hard work and skill paid off in this world.

Bacchus
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
http://newarkpress.info/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_24546_blogger-blitz-feels-like-1997-in-denver.jpg

So you're bagging on him because he is fat?

bronco militia
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
HE SUCKS AND HE'S FAT=FAIL

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 01:14 PM
how does he have a job....he never answers a question with conviction.

"Hey Fat Ass, do you think Peyton Manning can throw 30 TD's this season?"

Fat Ass- "well, it is possible, he'll have to play a lot to do so"

"Hey Fat Ass, can you eat the Ol' 96er in 20 minutes"

Fat Ass- "well, it is possible, I'll have to chew a lot"

Beantown Bronco
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mkoPq5AOCOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyR
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
They call him "Pork Chop" at IAOFM. Tough call between that and "Burger Bill"...

Rabb
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
They call him "Pork Chop" at IAOFM. Tough call between that and "Burger Bill"...

paging Bmore Manning...

Irish Stout
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
So you're bagging on him because he is fat?

No, I am bagging on him because he is absolutely the worst professional sports writer I have ever seen. He sucks in his blogs, he sucked in the paper. He also sucks on video. He just plain sucks.

But, whatever, he's feelin' fine. Actually, more power to him having a sweet ass job while having no actual talent or ability for what he is being paid for. Just sucks he has to incompetently cover my favorite team.

Also, he is fat. Why do you think everyone calls him burger bill?

Broncos4Life
06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
No, I am bagging on him because he is absolutely the worst professional sports writer I have ever seen. He sucks in his blogs, he sucked in the paper. He also sucks on video. He just plain sucks.

But, whatever, he's feelin' fine. Actually, more power to him having a sweet ass job while having no actual talent or ability for what he is being paid for. Just sucks he has to incompetently cover my favorite team.

Also, he is fat. Why do you think everyone calls him burger bill?

+1

Couldn't agree more! His crap was the worst when he wrote for the DP. It carried right over to espin. I have read other division blogs and they are light years beyond his crap. Anyone who doesn't believe this can just click on over to the AFC East or any other blog and pretty obvious that hes garbage.

Bigdawg26
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
There is never alot of detail in his rankings! I wonder how fast he does these rankings?? Maybe he does them in the drive thru of Burger King!

lonestar
06-26-2012, 10:40 PM

BURGER Bill at best a blow hard..

How do morons like that get good paying jobs?

lonestar
06-26-2012, 10:45 PM
There is never alot of detail in his rankings! I wonder how fast he does these rankings?? Maybe he does them in the drive thru of Burger King!

:thumbsup:

Irish Stout
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
+1

Couldn't agree more! His crap was the worst when he wrote for the DP. It carried right over to espin. I have read other division blogs and they are light years beyond his crap. Anyone who doesn't believe this can just click on over to the AFC East or any other blog and pretty obvious that hes garbage.

We've got a lot of posters who are way more insightful and better at typing than this dude. It is such a joke.

I used to think I couldn't be a sports writer because I wouldn't be able to detail my thoughts and analysis out to worthwhile reads everyday. Thanks to Bill, I no longer have such worries. I can make it big too with the stupid **** that only skims the surface of my brain! Let me show you:

Champ Bailey - He's pretty good still and is definitely going to the HOF.
Elvis Dumerville - He was injured in 2010, but made good strides in 2011. He should be a legitimate threat in 2012.
Von Miller - He was drafted #2 overall last year and earned his pay.

Eric Decker - He will really benefit from Peyton Manning.
Demaryius Thomas - If he keeps improving on his route running, he will really benefit from Peyton Manning.
Brandon Stokely - reunited with both the Broncos and one of the best QBs this decade, he will really benefit from Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning - As long as he gets good offensive line protection and can get rid of the ball quickly, he will really benefit from being Peyton Manning.

TheChamp24
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Champ Bailey, what a player. Such an awesome player to watch.

TonyR
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Anybody have even a good guesstimate of what kind of money a buy like him gets paid?

Irish Stout
06-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Anybody have even a good guesstimate of what kind of money a buy like him gets paid?

I'd guess around the $80k mark. I am basing it off of this:

http://www.salarylist.com/company/ESPN-Salary.htm?page=1&order=4

However, I didn't see a line item for hamburger wielding moron.

TonyR
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
I'd guess around the $80k mark.

Just hard to believe that someone saw enough from his work in Denver to give him that kind of money. Not that that's huge $ but it's a lot for very little ability. Schefter, by contrast, I understood. He was a really good beat writer in Denver. Williamson? Not so much.

lonestar
06-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Just hard to believe that someone saw enough from his work in Denver to give him that kind of money. Not that that's huge $ but it's a lot for very little ability. Schefter, by contrast, I understood. He was a really good beat writer in Denver. Williamson? Not so much.

Adam S was the best and when he said something it happened it was almost like he had teh phones and rooms at Dove Valley tapped....

PERIOD..

Was a sad day when he left town and even sadder when he left the NFL..

cutthemdown
06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
LOL Rout stinks who writes this drivel.

Shananahan
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Was a sad day when he left town and even sadder when he left the NFL..
What?

Tombstone RJ
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
What?

Shefter works for esssssspin now.

Tombstone RJ
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
We've got a lot of posters who are way more insightful and better at typing than this dude. It is such a joke.

I used to think I couldn't be a sports writer because I wouldn't be able to detail my thoughts and analysis out to worthwhile reads everyday. Thanks to Bill, I no longer have such worries. I can make it big too with the stupid **** that only skims the surface of my brain! Let me show you:

Champ Bailey - He's pretty good still and is definitely going to the HOF.
Elvis Dumerville - He was injured in 2010, but made good strides in 2011. He should be a legitimate threat in 2012.
Von Miller - He was drafted #2 overall last year and earned his pay.

Eric Decker - He will really benefit from Peyton Manning.
Demaryius Thomas - If he keeps improving on his route running, he will really benefit from Peyton Manning.
Brandon Stokely - reunited with both the Broncos and one of the best QBs this decade, he will really benefit from Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning - As long as he gets good offensive line protection and can get rid of the ball quickly, he will really benefit from being Peyton Manning.

:rofl:

Shananahan
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Shefter works for esssssspin now.
Yeah, as the NFL Insider.

Doggcow
06-27-2012, 07:16 PM
fwiw a lot of us really wanted Weddle :(

**** like that is frustrating.

Tombstone RJ
06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, as the NFL Insider.

It's just too bad that Schefter went to espn. I think what happened was the NFLN hired him from the Denver Post and so he went to work as a reporter for NFLN. Then his contract expired and he tried to negotiate a new one but obviously it didn't work out so he went to espn. Either that or espn just flat out hired Schefter away from the NFLN.

Irish Stout
06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
It's just too bad that Schefter went to espn. I think what happened was the NFLN hired him from the Denver Post and so he went to work as a reporter for NFLN. Then his contract expired and he tried to negotiate a new one but obviously it didn't work out so he went to espn. Either that or espn just flat out hired Schefter away from the NFLN.

I think they hired him away. He might have stayed for the NFL for the right amount of $, but I also suspect he knew he could have more freedom to accurately report everything in the NFL if he wasn't paid directly by the NFL.

I have to believe he is one of the top paid guys there because his reporting is always clean and always accurate. My buddy and I agree that breaking news in the NFL is just a rumor until Scoop says its true.

Bacchus
06-28-2012, 12:31 PM

I hated Schefter when he was with the Post. Every article seemed like he was talking about food. I thought he was arrogant, that being said I like him on the national stage much more.

Captain 'Dre
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM

"My name's Bill Williamson... and I'm fat.

Pass the doughnuts, please."

Captain 'Dre
06-28-2012, 12:49 PM
BURGER Bill at best a blow hard..

My guess is that he he managed to get an interview, and then threatened to sit on the guy unless he hired him.

Captain 'Dre
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
fwiw a lot of us really wanted Weddle :(

**** like that is frustrating.

You'd have trouble finding another white guy with the overall athletic ability and instincts Weddle has. Some may be faster, and some may be stronger... but Weddle can play football better than most of them.

JLesSPE
06-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I personally think Phillip Rivers is the biggest DB in the AFCW. Don't know how Burger missed that one.