PDA

View Full Version : NFL's 10 Biggest Jerks

Majik
06-24-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19415365/nfls-10-biggest-jerks-wideouts-rule-but-plenty-of-nasty-to-go-around
Shocking.....:~ohyah!:
No. 8: Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler: If ever there was a jerk face prototype, it would be Cutler. Plays the part well with the best smirk in the NFL. His defenders say he's not so jerkish -- that his reactions are more because he despises the media. Yes, jerks are always misunderstood. I actually believe Cutler is maturing and one day will break free of his jerk chains, but for the moment, there's this NSFW moment (http://windycitizensports.wordpress.com/tag/jay-cutler-gives-middle-finger/).

No. 5: Chicago Bears (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CHI/chicago-bears) wide receiver Brandon Marshall (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/426135/brandon-marshall): You may notice this list is strong at wide receiver. Jerk has apparently spread to the position and locked on like a Borg tractor beam. In some ways Marshall exemplifies this phenomenon. Multiple accusations of woman beating but no convictions. One of the most talented wide receivers in football who was run out of Denver, run out of Miami and, if his jerk chromosomes kick in again (and they will), he'll be gone from Chicago in the near future, too.

bowtown
06-24-2012, 08:50 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cutler-sack8.jpg

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Stupid article. Jay is somehow a jerk, but DeMaurice Smith is one of the top "good guys"...really?

theAPAOps5
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Stupid article. Jay is somehow a jerk, but DeMaurice Smith is one of the top "good guys"...really?

Jay is a punk, not a jerk. Easily confused. De Smith.... is a jerk. You are right on that point.

bowtown
06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
In other news Jay's dad has canceled Jay's CBSsports fantasy league for him and will be returning his internet modem to Comcast tomorrow.

Missouribronc
06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
How is Cutler not a jerk? He's a complete douche, for that matter.

Boobs McGee
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
While I think Brandon has completely effed up in his personal life, he was one of the most likeable and friendly professional athletes i've ever met. Don't know which criteria the author its using.

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
How is Cutler not a jerk? He's a complete douche, for that matter.

Why would he be a jerk? Because he got angry that he was being shopped and stuff was convieniently being seeped out to assasinate his character? That can't be it. Because he was angry that most of the fans abandoned him in favor of the party who had the moral blame for the situation (i.e. the party who eventually become the most destructive force in the history of the organization...nice choice fans, you can pick a real winner there)? We know that can't be it. It can't be that he didn't return phone calls. If someone wants to talk to him, they should get off their worthless ass when he comes to the facility to try and talk to them. Not worth your time? Then don't ****ing cry that your calls aren't being returned. He flipped off someone in a picture with a dog? Really? That's your actual argument?

Doggcow
06-24-2012, 09:45 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cutler-sack8.jpg

lol

lonestar
06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19415365/nfls-10-biggest-jerks-wideouts-rule-but-plenty-of-nasty-to-go-around
Shocking.....:~ohyah!:

:thumbsup:

lonestar
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Why would he be a jerk? Because he got angry that he was being shopped and stuff was convieniently being seeped out to assasinate his character? That can't be it. Because he was angry that most of the fans abandoned him in favor of the party who had the moral blame for the situation (i.e. the party who eventually become the most destructive force in the history of the organization...nice choice fans, you can pick a real winner there)? We know that can't be it. It can't be that he didn't return phone calls. If someone wants to talk to him, they should get off their worthless ass when he comes to the facility to try and talk to them. Not worth your time? Then don't ****ing cry that your calls aren't being returned. He flipped off someone in a picture with a dog? Really? That's your actual argument?

wow such man love for such a douche..

angry at all he was traded?

theAPAOps5
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
In other news Jay's dad has canceled Jay's CBSsports fantasy league for him and will be returning his internet modem to Comcast tomorrow.

Pure Awesome.

Mogulseeker
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
While I think Brandon has completely effed up in his personal life, he was one of the most likeable and friendly professional athletes i've ever met. Don't know which criteria the author its using.

Pretty much this. Bmarsh is a classic case of a good person affected by bad circumstance. I'm pulling for Marshall to get his life together.

DenverBound
06-24-2012, 10:29 PM

Geezuz ****ing C! Give it up already. Pull his nuts off of your chin, pick your panties up and accept the fact that he's gone and not coming back. You always sound like such a little bitch.

lonestar
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Pretty much this. Bmarsh is a classic case of a good person affected by bad circumstance. I'm pulling for Marshall to get his life together.

Think almost everyone thinks this..

But the rest of the post could be said about almost everyone..

The difference is most folks figured it out and fixed it.. not sure that BM ever will. He has gotten off countless times with a golly gee I'm sorry and it won't happen again..
Not sure that will continue and how he will react when they call him on it..

BigPlayShay
06-24-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=28072&d=1298065504

Blueflame
06-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Geezuz ****ing C! Give it up already. Pull his nuts off of your chin, pick your panties up and accept the fact that he's gone and not coming back. You always sound like such a little b****.

Everyone is allowed to form and express their own opinions and even if some of those opinions may differ from your own, that does not justify launching personal attacks on the other poster.

houghtam
06-25-2012, 02:43 AM

Is having your dad return your playbook (after all those other circumstances ended up not being your fault) being a douche or a jerk? The two terms are close enough together that I get them confused.

DenverBound
06-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Everyone is allowed to form and express their own opinions and even if some of those opinions may differ from your own, that does not justify launching personal attacks on the other poster.

I apologize. This guy really needs to sack up at some point though. Every time I listened to the pod cast and they were talking about something SoCal didn't agree with it sounded like he was either going to break down and cry or go into a stuttering Tourette fit.

Just relax, man. We get it. You liked Jay. You hate Bowen. We know.

peacepipe
06-25-2012, 07:14 AM

can you give some ligitament examples of de smith being a jerk.

Kaylore
06-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Jay's a jerk. However Socal's both a fanboy and a lawyer and therefore isn't objective and will never concede frown cannon has issues. You will never get him to admit Jay handles himself poorly (even though Jay has conceded this himself). Move on, people.

ward63
06-25-2012, 08:09 AM
How is Jerry Jones not on this list? Well, I guess if they had an egotistical list, he'd be #1.

peacepipe
06-25-2012, 08:13 AM
How is Jerry Jones not on this list? Well, I guess if they had an egotistical list, he'd be #1.probably cause he is not a jerk. I met him yrs ago in DC, he ,to my surprise was a good guy.

oubronco
06-25-2012, 08:33 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/336/866/146294064_display_image.jpg?1340167333

BroncoBeavis
06-25-2012, 08:39 AM
probably cause he is not a jerk. I met yrs ago in DC, he ,to my surprise was a good guy.

You always hear this kinda stuff, but I don't think the "I met him in an elevator once... seemed nice" experience is a wide-enough sample to override an entire career of evidence.

55CrushEm
06-25-2012, 08:42 AM
You always hear this kinda stuff, but I don't think the "I met him in an elevator once... seemed nice" experience is a wide-enough sample to override an entire career of evidence.

Exactly this.

Hey, I once met OJ Simpson at a signing once, too. He shook my hand and smiled....so he MUST be a nice guy !!!!!

peacepipe
06-25-2012, 08:44 AM
You always hear this kinda stuff, but I don't think the "I met him in an elevator once... seemed nice" experience is a wide-enough sample to override an entire career of evidence.so you believe he's a jerk simply because he likes the spotlite as owner of the cowboys.

lonestar
06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
How is Jerry Jones not on this list? Well, I guess if they had an egotistical list, he'd be #1.

Not sure which of the following owners did not lead that list aldavis, snyder or jones..

While I give them their due for the most part working for their money. EGOs R us, is that group..

peacepipe
06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Exactly this.

Hey, I once met OJ Simpson at a signing once, too. He shook my hand and smiled....so he MUST be a nice guy !!!!!

LOL what a dumbass assumption? assumimg it was public event or that it was some random chance that I was in an elevator with him. As if I judge people based on a public event where they are paid to be nice. better to judge public figures on what they do when they are not in the spotlite of an event.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-25-2012, 08:52 AM

How about Drinkin with the guy? Jerry Jones isn't a jerk. He's also not allowed to be himself a lot either. Or some punk college kids will film him and throw it up on YouTube again. He might like his booze but he's not a jerk.

55CrushEm
06-25-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL what a dumbass assumption? assumimg it was public event or that it was some random chance that I was in an elevator with him. As if I judge people based on a public event where they are paid to be nice. better to judge public figures on what they do when they are not in the spotlite of an event.

So how much time did you spend with him? I think Beavis's point was NO MATTER WHAT THE SETTING, the few minutes you spent with him, is not adequate enough to determine whether or not the guy's been a jerk for the majority of his life. Valid point.

Dumbass.

BroncoBeavis
06-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I didn't mean to limit it to the Jerry Jones experience so much. It was more meant as a general statement about whitewashing someone's reputation based on a chance encounter you once had with someone you otherwise don't know. Everyone's capable of putting on a good face every now and again.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Does the same apply online as well? An OMer who has a chance encounter with MacGruber would likely have a precise characterization of him soon after.

BroncoBeavis
06-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Does the same apply online as well? An OMer who has a chance encounter with MacGruber would likely have a precise characterization of him soon after.

Or one might have a polite two minute conversation with him about the weather and conclude that he seemed polite and rational. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Or one might have a polite two minute conversation with him about the weather and conclude that he seemed polite and rational. :)

He would blame Elway for a cloudy day. Nothing rational about that. Even a polite conversation about the weather oozes insanity from him.

Mogulseeker
06-25-2012, 11:14 AM

He had an article in Forbes a couple months back, and I gained a new respect for him. Jerry Jones is not a jerk... he is an outstanding businessman, and a really nice guy.

maher_tyler
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/its-not-a-bmarsh-interview-without-someone-going-under-the-bus

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-6-24-12

Also, didn't Rod trying teaching him a few things??

Blueflame
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM

From one OMer's perspective... everyone I've met (in real life) from this forum has been very nice and I've thoroughly enjoyed talking Broncos with them. :~ohyah!:

LRtagger
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Jay was a jerk before the trade rumors. There are a couple of personal encounter examples on the mane and several press interviews where he is a total douche.

jerseyboiler120
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Any thoughts on phillip rivers not being on the list? I've never met him, nor read articles about him outside of espn and si stuff. He sure seems like a real crybaby jerk on the football field.

Miss I.
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
it's kind of a random list. the criteria is not clear. I mean Ben Roethlesberger is more than a jerk. to me a jerk is someone who embodies egotistical selfish characteristics and behaves consistently in rude manner. To call Ben, Vick and OJ jerks is an understatement in my opinion. Plus it really should set reasonable limits, are we talking only current players or include retired players? Frankly I think Brett Favre's consistently being a jackass and playing, the will I or won't I retire card for so many years makes him the biggest jerk, coupled with his gross dong photo stuff. The Saints as a team is asinine, given Drew Brees is a Saint and comes across as decent guy. If you want to point out the Saints coach who had the policy as jerk, okay fine, but the team? eh...silliness... Brandon Marshall is more of an idiot than a jerk per se. Jay however is a jerk or comes across as such by consistently displaying petulant behavior.

Turd_Ferguson
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Totally agree. While I'm extremely excited and happy to have Peyton Manning, but I would rather have Cutler for his entire career, than have Manning for the last couple years of his. Worst decision in Broncos history still makes me angry every time I think about it. Mcd RAPED the Broncos while Bowlen stood by and watched.

Shananahan
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Jay was a jerk before the trade rumors. There are a couple of personal encounter examples on the mane and several press interviews where he is a total douche.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dhvit9L0_sI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
06-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Any thoughts on phillip rivers not being on the list? I've never met him, nor read articles about him outside of espn and si stuff. He sure seems like a real crybaby jerk on the football field.

I have a personal connection to Phillip Rivers and he's a nice guy. He may be ultra competitive on the field and I know most Bronco fans hate him becuase he wiped Cutler's baby ass a few times playing the game of football, but Rivers is a good person and a nice guy.

Shananahan
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Ban Tombstone RJ.

lonestar
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dhvit9L0_sI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when asked who he would keep BM or cutlet he said BM and then added.
tingleys over special places..

Most folks forget his tantrums when walking off the field throwing his helmet once and then cutlet had his special place on the bench to pout..

I can't even rememebr how many times fellow players would come by to consle him after a Pick or bad play and he dismiss them with awaive of his hand..

got to the point the cameras would not even go there.

I will always remember that last game he played in DEN him getting his ass kicked by Rivers and the Chuggers..

They were laughing at him on their sidelines and he was on the verge of tears..

That was all I ever needed to see of this punk.. I knew right then he would never beat Rivers again in his career..

He would never get that game out of his skull..

actually thought a new OC-HC coming in would/could turn him around..

But his disinterest in meeting with the new guy was all that was needed to start the new QB search by Josh..

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that meeting..

lonestar
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Ban Tombstone RJ.

Why? Because he brings a perspective that does not meet your ideals or conceived ideas..

Jason in LA
06-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Exactly this.

When I was around I worked as an extra in a few movies and TV shows. I was in this movie that Robin Givens was one of the stars of. This was when she was married to Mike Tyson and he was the champ. Still undefeated! He was on the set a number of times, and there were a few times when he came and hung with all the kids. Dude was awesome! He was like a big kid and really nice to us.

At that time his history wasn't really known to the masses. Yeah, he was a great guy at times, but dude was really a bad guy overall. Even bad guys can have moments where they seem like great guys.

Jason in LA
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
The article made reference to having a lot of WRs, and that is known as the prima donna position. So it got me thinking about why WRs act like that, and it finally hit me based on a conversation that I had with my son.

Receivers may be the players on the field that is totally dependent on another player so that he can do his job. With LBs, yeah, it helps to have a good D line in front of them, but regardless of what those players are doing, LBs still execute their jobs. Same is true for any position on defense, and for O linemen. For RBs, the starter is getting the ball a lot based on play calling. It helps to have a good O line, but even without it, he's still getting the ball a lot. But for a receiver, he can run his route right, run it as fast as he can, get open, and not get the ball because the QB decided to throw the ball someplace else. That can happen all game long, and really looking at it, more plays than not that is exactly what happens.

So my son, who is going into his Jr year in high school and it will be his first year on varsity, has been pissed off because in practice the ball hasn't been coming his way. I've watched, and he's getting open. He's working hard and doing what he's supposed to do, but the ball has been going elsewhere. The QB, who will also be a Jr, threw my son 17 TDs last year on the JV team (he also had one more TD off of a punt return), and they connected for 52 receptions for 904 yards, but now that they are both on varsity, the QB is throwing the ball to a Sr who played varsity last. The QB throws him the ball all the time, even if he's covered. I'd say that he's a good player, but nothing special. So my son is getting pissed. At first I told him to just keep working hard, which he did, but after a while that got old. So I told him, "You're a WR, you're supposed to be a prima donna, so you have to demand the ball. Let the QB know that he has to throw you the ball, and let the coaches know that they need to call plays for you." I pretty much told him that if you have to have a fit out there go ahead, you're a WR!!!!! And I pointed out Keyshawn Johnson's book, "Just give me the damn ball!"

You know what? It worked! lol. He would go back to the huddle and look the QB dead in the eyes and say, "Next play throw me the ball!" And the QB did, he caught it, and now he gets the ball coming his way a lot more. And he's catching everything. The coaches are calling more plays for him because of it.

Now one thing that I told him was that the only way the prima donna method will work or even be tolerated would be if he worked hard all the time, and when the opportunity came he'd have to make the play. There wouldn't be much room for error. He can't give half effort and expect anybody to take him serious if he has a fit, and it would pretty much backfire on him. So he kept working hard, and when he demanded the ball, things worked out. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Notice that with a lot of prima donna WRs, they all work hard. Nobody ever questioned Terrell Owen's work ethic.

Mogulseeker
06-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Receivers also get the big yardage and most touchdowns.

Missouribronc
06-25-2012, 09:03 PM

I pretty much have it first hand that he's a dick.

Miss I.
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I pretty much have it first hand that he's a dick.

hey wait a second, is this the dick or the jerk thread or are they related? And also if it is the dick thread, may I just say....

:worthless

;D

Broncobiv
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Receivers also get the big yardage and most touchdowns.
Actually I think those honors generally go to running backs.