PDA

View Full Version : $30 million

broncoblue
06-24-2012, 06:05 AM
$30 million from stadium (http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_20926306/county-suddenly-yanks-30-million-tax-funds-from)
How much will this impact them?
Could anything like that happen to us?

Ratboy
06-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Doesn't sound like it will effect them much.

"The team's front office has said it would simply eat the loss if it loses the funds, which amount to less than 3 percent of the cost of the $1.2 billion stadium that is set to open in 2014."

1.2 billion, wow.

broncoblue
06-24-2012, 09:11 AM
1.2 billion for a stadium ,wow it must have gold plated hot dog stands

tsiguy96
06-24-2012, 09:12 AM
2 teams are using it though. glad someone is standing up and spending money where its needed. ive heard there have been several economic studies on the effects of public funding of stadiums and its never been worth it financially for the city, wonder if its true.
sad that owners can leverage cities to spend their money on the owners financial gains instead of spending it on actual important stuff.

Tombstone RJ
06-24-2012, 09:35 AM
$30 million from stadium (http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_20926306/county-suddenly-yanks-30-million-tax-funds-from)
How much will this impact them?
Could anything like that happen to us?

so stealing from the Niners is ok? Bwaaahahaha!! This is why Cali is a joke.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-24-2012, 09:44 AM
50 million just for little tv screen on the backs of seats?? The place will have roughly 68,500 seats. Even if those screens cost 1,000 each that's only 68,500 dollars. Why the hell would it cost 50 million

WolfpackGuy
06-24-2012, 09:51 AM
50 million just for little tv screen on the backs of seats?? The place will have roughly 68,500 seats. Even if those screens cost 1,000 each that's only 68,500 dollars. Why the hell would it code 50 million

The SSIU - Seat Screen Installers Union

Stuck in Cali
06-24-2012, 09:59 AM
50 million just for little tv screen on the backs of seats?? The place will have roughly 68,500 seats. Even if those screens cost 1,000 each that's only 68,500 dollars. Why the hell would it code 50 million

Labor? Can you imagine what wiring up 68,000 seats will cost. And have to do it in a way to give access to all of them in case of repairs. Seems a little useless option to me, at least for a football game. If your gonna watch tv just stay home.

The funniest thing is I bet all the contractors involved in building the stadium will come from out of state. So the one point whatever billion dollars will support another states economy.

RhymesayersDU
06-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Labor? Can you imagine what wiring up 68,000 seats will cost. And have to do it in a way to give access to all of them in case of repairs. Seems a little useless option to me, at least for a football game. If your gonna watch tv just stay home.

The funniest thing is I bet all the contractors involved in building the stadium will come from out of state. So the one point whatever billion dollars will support another states economy.

That is what I was thinking, holy **** what an undertaking the wiring will be on that.

peacepipe
06-24-2012, 11:28 AM

I appluad them for it,I wouldn't call it stealing,I would call it making sure a private business is not getting too big of a bail out.

peacepipe
06-24-2012, 11:43 AM

math isn't one of strengths,at 1,000 per seat that would be $68,500,000.00. yes 68 million 500 thousand. the SSIU must be giving them one heck of a deal if they are only charging 50 million.

BroncoMan4ever
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Your math skills need work. 68500 seats with 1000 dollar screens is 68,500,000

KO5K
06-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Nice work, dumbass.

wolf754life
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Typical California

peacepipe
06-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Typical CaliforniaLOL we got a bunch of mathamaticians(sp) on the board today.

Eldorado
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Maths=life skill.

Conclusion? We're all fuuked.

Requiem
06-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Math is for losers.

lonestar
06-24-2012, 05:26 PM

just what I was thinking ..

Glad I moved away from that loony tunes place a long time ago..

God only knows how much state taxes (income and sales) I saved..

They seem to think they need 30 million for teachers if I read that correct..I'm guessing the sales tax and misc revenues during the games would be approaching much of that level.. something that would be sustainable..

To bad the owners of the teams did not know this before hand they could have moved to a another more business friendly area.

But then it is better to be PC than smart..

UberBroncoMan
06-24-2012, 05:58 PM

68,500 x 1,000 = 68,500,000

68 million

Under the current cost if it's $50 million, each screen is worth $730.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I wonder how many more will post a refute on my original. So I ****ed up and peacepipe called me out as he should. The dipshyts following it up with dumass and Cali into it? At least I didn't delete the incorrect post.

Agamemnon
06-24-2012, 06:57 PM
50 million just for little tv screen on the backs of seats?? The place will have roughly 68,500 seats. Even if those screens cost 1,000 each that's only 68,500 dollars. Why the hell would it cost 50 million

Someone failed basic math it would seem...

Agamemnon
06-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I wonder how many more will post a refute on my original. So I ****ed up and peacepipe called me out as he should. The dipshyts following it up with dumass and Cali into it? At least I didn't delete the incorrect post.

When you are off on your math by a factor of a thousand, you kind of deserve to get a little bit of razzing don't you think?

canadianbroncosfan
06-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Yeah I'm surprisingly in agreement with Aga, you were way off, like hella off, and have to expect a bit of a razzing. It's all in good fun, and I do commend you for keeping the original post up there.

In honor of your failure though, I have to post this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah I'm surprisingly in agreement with Aga, you were way off, like hella off, and have to expect a bit of a razzing. It's all in good fun, and I do commend you for keeping the original post up there.

In honor of your failure though, I have to post this.

I don't see Agas posts since he's on ignore. In fact 90% of OM doesn't see his posts.

maven
06-24-2012, 07:29 PM
California loves to take your money. What ****ty state.

canadianbroncosfan
06-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't see Agas posts since he's on ignore. In fact 90% of OM doesn't see his posts.

I don't have anyone on ignore, didn't even block MacGruder.

Anyways here it is.

When you are off on your math by a factor of a thousand, you kind of deserve to get a little bit of razzing don't you think?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't have anyone on ignore, didn't even block MacGruder.

Anyways here it is.

Ya I deserve it. I wasn't even drunk at the time of the post. Brain fart

GoBroncos DownUnder
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
"Let's be real: That stadium is going to get built whether or not you get this $30 million," county tax collector George Putris, the oversight board member who proposed the motion, told a 49ers attorney at the meeting.
Is there a county tax included in the ticket costs?
If not, is there any chance the 49ers could write an I.O.U to the state on the taxes they collect from tickets??

Dear State of California tax department,
We, the San Francisco 49ers, collected $5million dollars of Cal State tax revenue on tickets this year. We'll be keeping that money and ALL future monies, until it totals up to $30mil, then we will happily pass on all state tax money we receive.
If you would like this money, there is a county tax guy called George Putis you should go see first, he owes us a few bucks.

Thanks,
San Francisco 49ers

lonestar
06-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Is there a county tax included in the ticket costs?
If not, is there any chance the 49ers could write an I.O.U to the state on the taxes they collect from tickets??

Dear State of California tax department,
We, the San Francisco 49ers, collected $5million dollars of Cal State tax revenue on tickets this year. We'll be keeping that money and ALL future monies, until it totals up to $30mil, then we will happily pass on all state tax money we receive.
If you would like this money, there is a county tax guy called George Putis you should go see first, he owes us a few bucks.

Thanks,
San Francisco 49ers

would be fitting..

Tombstone RJ
06-24-2012, 11:00 PM
I appluad them for it,I wouldn't call it stealing,I would call it making sure a private business is not getting too big of a bail out.

It's stealing:

But the state has since scrapped redevelopment agencies, and Santa Clara's redevelopment fund had only paid $10 million toward the stadium. So the 49ers loaned Santa Clara leaders the remaining $30 million and started construction, thinking they'd be paid back from future property tax revenues.

There's just one glitch, however: The new state law gives counties complete control over doling out the property tax revenues from former redevelopment areas. At a meeting in Santa Clara City Hall on Friday, the oversight board voted 4-3 to keep the money from the 49ers and spend it instead on local governments and schools.

Why in the hell would anyone ever trust any of these asshats following a heist like this? If I was a business thinking of locating in this area, I'd run in the opposite direction.

Prodigal19
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
California loves to take your money. What ****ty state.

So you think that the money is better spent on a stadium than on education?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-25-2012, 09:43 PM
So you think that the money is better spent on a stadium than on education?

Did the voters vote for education or a stadium for this money to be allocated? If they voted it to go to education then that's A OK. But they voted it to go to the stadium. The Cali liberals don't seem to care about spending money for people like Octomom. Why all of a sudden they care about wasteful spending is beyond me. They want to spend billions on a speed rail that no one will use.

peacepipe
06-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Did the voters vote for education or a stadium for this money to be allocated? If they voted it to go to education then that's A OK. But they voted it to go to the stadium. The Cali liberals don't seem to care about spending money for people like Octomom. Why all of a sudden they care about wasteful spending is beyond me. They want to spend billions on a speed rail that no one will use.

a conservative myth used to oppose our countrys infastructure.