PDA

View Full Version : Adam Gase

bronco militia
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
do the Broncos need him?

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/peypeycoach.jpg

Kaylore
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Adam Gase was a very good receiver coach. He then had to coach Tim Tebow to throw, so the idea he's not a good coach because of how Tebow played is so hilariously unfair, my pee pee hurts.

BroncoMan4ever
06-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Adam Gase was a very good receiver coach. He then had to coach Tim Tebow to throw, so the idea he's not a good coach because of how Tebow played is so hilariously unfair, my pee pee hurts.

Agreed.

McCoy is the useles coach

extralife
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Peyton Manning isn't the only QB on the roster

And "teaching" isn't the only job of position coaches.

Powderaddict
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Being as I have no idea what his impact is overall, He could be the greatest ever to disgustingly awful and I wouldn't know.

NFLBRONCO
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Any guesses when Tom Moore comes on board?

WolfpackGuy
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Get him out of there.

He has that McClueless stench on him.

bronco militia
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM

as soon as the broncos are out of the playoffs or playoff contention.

Mogulseeker
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Agreed.

Gase is good but so is McCoy. I think we have a great overall coaching staff, as evidenced with our ability to win with basically nothing last year.

Mogulseeker
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM

I can see it happening if McCoy gets a head coaching job.

DBroncos4life
06-22-2012, 01:34 PM

So next off season?

bronco militia
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
So next off season?

of course not! Super bowl champs baby! :approve:

Mogulseeker
06-22-2012, 01:53 PM
of course not! Super bowl champs baby! :approve:

I think that was what he was implying with "So next offseason"

ColoradoDarin
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Gase is good but so is McCoy. I think we have a great overall coaching staff, as evidenced with our ability to win with basically nothing last year.

I don't know about this. Most of our gameplans last year was keep it close, keep it close, **** we're losing, okay Tebow do what you do and win the ****ing game.

WolfpackGuy
06-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't know about this. Most of our gameplans last year was keep it close, keep it close, **** we're losing, okay Tebow do what you do and win the ****ing game.

Pretty much.

Or taking an entire quarter to figure out the Steelers' defense was playing cover zero.

baja
06-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Agreed.

McCoy will be a head coach somewhere within two years. He is highly respected around the league. If he sucked as bad as the idiots around here say Elway would have tramped him long ago like he did with X man.

baja
06-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Have you been partying with the poster that nailed 3 chicks in 3 days.

Stuck in Cali
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM
I know nothing about this guy, if he was useless, Fox and Elway would of already sent him packing.

BroncoBeavis
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
If he's a good receivers coach, I'm not sure why they wanted to take him away from his young receivers (and a job he was doing well) to experiment with him as a QB coach. Especially considering last year when a more experienced QB coach would've been a better fit.

Now the question is basically does PM need Adam Gase? Of course not. If Gase is a good WR coach, he should focus on that and let PM do his thing.

Kaylore
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
If he's a good receivers coach, I'm not sure why they wanted to take him away from his young receivers (and a job he was doing well) to experiment with him as a QB coach. Especially considering last year when a more experienced QB coach would've been a better fit.

Now the question is basically does PM need Adam Gase? Of course not. If Gase is a good WR coach, he should focus on that and let PM do his thing.

QB coaches are the most frequently promoted coaches to offensive coordinator. Additionally, having coached both on his resume would make him and even more likely candidate for the position. It's a positive career move. And We have three other QB's on the roster not named Peyton Manning. Finally, Manning didn't get to where he is now "just doing his thing." He follows his coaching to the nth degree and works on what they teach. That's how he developed.

NFLBRONCO
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM

I'm really shocked Moore wasn't part of Manning deal

BroncoBeavis
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
QB coaches are the most frequently promoted coaches to offensive coordinator. Additionally, having coached both on his resume would make him and even more likely candidate for the position. It's a positive career move. And We have three other QB's on the roster not named Peyton Manning. Finally, Manning didn't get to where he is now "just doing his thing." He follows his coaching to the nth degree and works on what they teach. That's how he developed.

I don't think most Broncos fans care about Adam's future career prospects so much as placing him in the position of most value to the team.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/06/peyton-mannings-qb-coach-is-basically-his-pupil.html

So that has to be a pretty cushy job. I can already see Gase on the sideline, after Peyton hits a receiver in stride for a 68-yard touchdown, turn to an assistant and say, “That’s right. I told him to do that.” Then return to playing Temple Run on his phone.

Like I said, assuming Adam's a great WR coach, I'd rather he be put to work where he can help Peyton win games vs give himself more opportunity to resume-build for his next job. It's win now else time in Denver.

Taco John
06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think we know enough about the guy. I don't remember ever reading an article last year that really talked about him and Tebow and the work they did together whatsoever. It's hard to believe that he has anything to teach Peyton Manning - however, it's easy to believe that he could be in position to be the next hot OC if he plays his cards right. What an opportunity he has in front of him right now.

R-Mac
06-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Kyle Orton regressed in 2011. Brady Quinn did not make any strides. So, Tebow was not the only Broncos QB struggling last season. Gase does not have much experience as QBs coach. He coached the Lions QBs in 2007. I'd rather see him as WRs coach, with someone more experienced working with the QBs. Even if Peyton Manning does not need a position coach, the young QBs do. I could care less about Tyke Tolbert, who never developed a WR in the NFL. Stevie Johnson only emerged as a starter after Tolbert left Buffalo. I'd rather have Gase as WRs coach, with a QB "guru" working with the QBs.

DBroncos4life
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
I think that was what he was implying with "So next offseason"

Yes :)

errand
06-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Yeah...that's how it all went down...

Agamemnon
06-23-2012, 01:09 AM

He failed to help Tebow develop and is now taking notes and being corrected by a guy he's supposed to be coaching. Yeah he's not over his head or anything...

And really don't we want more of a proven commodity developing Osweiler?