PDA

View Full Version : Notice who's missing?

TonyR
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
850 KOA: What do you think this offense will look like this season? Will it look like what Broncos fans saw when they watched the Colts? Will it be a combination of different personnel groups?

JE: I think there’s a misconception out there a little about Peyton in that they (the Colts) didn’t run the football in Indianapolis. When they were successful in Indianapolis, they ran the football. What we’re looking for is balance. When we won the championships back in the 90’s, we had balance. Willis McGahee had a great year last year. (Mario) Fannin, the young kid we signed as a free agent last year out of Auburn, is coming back off a knee injury in camp. (He) looks good. And then (Ronnie) Hillman, who we drafted in the third round, is a guy that has big-play ability. I think you’re still going to see good balance. I think the misconception is that Peyton throws the ball all the time but when they were winning and doing well, they were top 12 in the league in rushing.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mrice/koa-qa-elway-part-two/

Hat tip to our friends at IAOFM: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/john-elway-just-told-us-everything-we-need-to-know-about-knowshon-moreno

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 01:18 PM
ouch

lolcopter
06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Get sauced

Boobs McGee
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh kno!

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 01:27 PM
hah, trick question....last years FB is missing

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtFgGW3v6F9jhMch14VKarfJ5MiLNiq UXoj8-1QTMK-znB6u4wQcxPS0wFNg

Broncos_OTM
06-18-2012, 01:28 PM
poor knowshon

tnedator
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Morenowhooooooo?

Pony Boy
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Maybe he's on dancing with the stars.

JLesSPE
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
He hasn't been able to practice yet. Why would John mention a guy that he hasn't seen practice in this offense. I'm not a knowshon supporter, but I wouldn't read a whole lot into this.

Powderaddict
06-18-2012, 01:46 PM
My guess is he'll make it to the final cut, and depending on how he looks in preseason and TC will determine if he makes the team or not.

I think he could be a good fit to this offense, but I wouldn't be broken hearted if he got cut either.

Smiling Assassin27
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm gonna hold out final judgement til TC, but I really do not see what KnoMo can provide that other backs on roster can't provide cheaper and with a lot less wear and tear.

ludo21
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield will be important in this offense.

cutthemdown
06-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm gonna hold out final judgement til TC, but I really do not see what KnoMo can provide that other backs on roster can't provide cheaper and with a lot less wear and tear.

Moreno is actually really cheap this yr.

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Can't wait....

Stuck in Cali
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Plus, isn't he facing DUI charges? With a possible suspension looming, and coming off another injury, think it might be time the front office let's him go. But probably not till after training camp and the pre-season is over, in case of any injuries to other RB's.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Plus, isn't he facing DUI charges? With a possible suspension looming, and coming off another injury, think it might be time the front office let's him go. But probably not till after training camp and the pre-season is over, in case of any injuries to other RB's.

Since when?

Smiling Assassin27
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Moreno is actually really cheap this yr.

i guess that depends on whether you think he'll contribute any value or suffer another injury. 1.7 mil is too steep for me if the guy can't come all the way back from the acl or just gets dinged again.

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Since when?

Knowshon Moreno charged with DUI; has a license plate that reads ‘SAUCED’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/knowshon-moreno-charged-dui-while-license-plate-reads-193939702.html

Kaylore
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Fannin is another Wesley Duke until he actually does something. Megahee doesn't have much left and I am not sold Lance Ball makes the team. Moreno getting axed, especially since he isn't practicing, wouldn't surprise anyone, but I can see several scenarios where he makes the team.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Knowshon Moreno charged with DUI; has a license plate that reads ‘SAUCED’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/knowshon-moreno-charged-dui-while-license-plate-reads-193939702.html

When did the league step in and say he maybe suspended though?

cutthemdown
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
i guess that depends on whether you think he'll contribute any value or suffer another injury. 1.7 mil is too steep for me if the guy can't come all the way back from the acl or just gets dinged again.

Funny how we mention 1.7 mil as cheap huh? Man it would be nice to bring in that sort of cash even for 1 or 2 yrs.

Tombstone RJ
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Fannin is another Wesley Duke until he actually does something. Megahee doesn't have much left and I am not sold Lance Ball makes the team. Moreno getting axed, especially since he isn't practicing, wouldn't surprise anyone, but I can see several scenarios where he makes the team.

Sorry, I'm still overly excited about Fannin. Can't help it. I'm doing a gatorade dump with orange koolaid right now, dreaming about the awesome Broncos running attack that is about to be unleashed all over the AFCW. :yayaya:

BigPlayShay
06-18-2012, 02:43 PM

If it's his first offense, he won't be.

Atwater His Ass
06-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Moreno is a good 3rd down type back that can catch the ball out of the backfield. He will never be a #1 option running, every down running back. So, I would hope the FO will take his vaule as that, and not depend on him for any type of serious ball carrying this season if he makes the team.

R-Mac
06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Mike McCoy:

http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/player/?station=KOA2-IP&program_name=podcast&program_id=Interviews.xml&mid=22177643

"I've been very fortunate, from the very first day I had Steve Beuerlein in Carolina, Jake Delhomme and here with Kyle and now with Peyton... I'm very fortunate, I've worked not only with good players but good people... It's an honor when you get to work with someone like this."

Where's Timmy???

TonyR
06-18-2012, 03:20 PM
He hasn't been able to practice yet. Why would John mention a guy that he hasn't seen practice in this offense. I'm not a knowshon supporter, but I wouldn't read a whole lot into this.

Fair point.

DenverBrit
06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Mike McCoy:

http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/player/?station=KOA2-IP&program_name=podcast&program_id=Interviews.xml&mid=22177643

"I've been very fortunate, from the very first day I had Steve Beuerlein in Carolina, Jake Delhomme and here with Kyle and now with Peyton... I'm very fortunate, I've worked not only with good players but good people... It's an honor when you get to work with someone like this."

Where's Timmy???

Didn't you hear? Jets! :)

Traveler
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM

I don't think Moreno makes the final cut. In fact, my early guess is that Denver selects a power back in the 1st round next year as McGahee's eventual replacement.

broncogary
06-18-2012, 03:45 PM
I thought the plan was to PUP him until the trade deadline.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 04:08 PM
When I read the thread title I thought the answer was going to be Maven. ;D

R-Mac
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Moreno tore his ACL in November. I doubt he will play in preseason. He will have to be placed on the PUP list and I guess his current trade value is low. The other teams know Moreno has little value to the Broncos and if you add the knee surgery, someone might try to get him for a just a late round pick. I would not trade Moreno for a late round pick. If Moreno were a healthy free agent, he would draw plenty of interest around the league. 24 years old. Very productive in college against strong competition, so he probably received high grades from other NFL teams. He can pick up the blitz and is a very good receiver. 4.8 yards per carry last season. He is not a homerun hitter, but he is among the more complete RBs that teams like to have on the roster. Run, block, catch. Moreno can even work as a slot receiver. Ronnie Hillman, for example, will have to spend some time learning pass protection, improving ball security and we don't know how effective and durable he will be as an inside runner. I think Moreno has more value than his current situation suggests, and it's always good to have depth at RB. The Broncos should keep him.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Pretty sure I saw he was taking snaps in the last mini camp..

Read it somewhere not sure where..

He is cheap this year at 855K, IF he can run at all..

but he will never make it to the final year of his contract in 2014.. at $5,080,000

Prettty sure they will keep him as insurance if for no other reason the cost is the same as if they keep or cut him in cap dollars..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Moreno tore his ACL in November. I doubt he will play in preseason. He will have to be placed on the PUP list and I guess his current trade value is low. The other teams know Moreno has little value to the Broncos and if you add the knee surgery, someone might try to get him for a just a late round pick. I would not trade Moreno for a late round pick. If Moreno were a healthy free agent, he would draw plenty of interest around the league. 24 years old. Very productive in college against strong competition, so he probably received high grades from other NFL teams. He can pick up the blitz and is a very good receiver. 4.8 yards per carry last season. He is not a homerun hitter, but he is among the more complete RBs that teams like to have on the roster. Run, block, catch. Moreno can even work as a slot receiver. Ronnie Hillman, for example, will have to spend some time learning pass protection, improving ball security and we don't know how effective and durable he will be as an inside runner. I think Moreno has more value than his current situation suggests, and it's always good to have depth at RB. The Broncos should keep him.

there is not a chance in hell of any team trading for him and taking on his contract number for the next few years...

Knowshon Moreno 855,000 1,700,000 5,080,000 UFA

not happeneing folks if he is unable to perform this year and contribute, he will be kept this year on PUP and then maybe IR, just so the CAP does not explode..

peacepipe
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Fannin is another Wesley Duke until he actually does something. Megahee doesn't have much left and I am not sold Lance Ball makes the team. Moreno getting axed, especially since he isn't practicing, wouldn't surprise anyone, but I can see several scenarios where he makes the team.geez,why did you have to bringhis name up. I had alot of hope he would pan out.

SoCalBronco
06-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Moreno were released during camp. I'm not a Moreno fan (after all, I've posted Lionel Richie's "Ballerina Girl" music video in Moreno threads before :) ), but it would appear that since we are now strongly going to emphasize the passing game, he would be a very credible weapon in the short passing game as he is a proven pass reciever. There are many who feel our WR's are nothing special (I don't necessarily agree), but regardless of whether that is true, as I've said before, you should generally begin your plan of attack against man-to-man coverage with the RBs and the TEs, as LB's are generally weaker pass defenders on Backs and TEs than CBs are on WRs. We certainly have the TE's to exploit such matchups and Moreno would be the only proven RB in the passing game, so for that reason alone we should hold on to him. HIs running style does annoy me to no end. There is far too much dancing and not a ton of burst (even less so post-injury), but I think the benefits he provides in the passing game are too big to ignore.

The salaries for the next two seasons noted above are also dirt cheap (855k and 1.7m). There is a halfway decent chance that by the time Denver has to make a decision on the 5,080,000 salary for 2014, the Manning era will be just about ready to sunset, anyway (and we would have had sufficient time to observe Hillman's development, and to possibly draft or acquire another RB or two). I can't see any benefit in just jettisoning Moreno, now.

Shananahan
06-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, all that stuff SoCal just said.

baja
06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Moreno is not going anywhere.

R-Mac
06-18-2012, 05:11 PM
there is not a chance in hell of any team trading for him and taking on his contract number for the next few years...

The $5.08 million is a club option that can be exercised by the Broncos. Since the Broncos won't take the option year, Moreno will be a free agent in 2014. If Moreno gets traded, he will have a $1.7 million salary in 2013 and his new team will have a chance to negotiate a new contract. I think the Broncos should try to renegotiate Moreno's contract to keep him on the roster. He can be a very useful piece for Peyton Manning. McGahee is 30 years old. Hillman won't carry the load. And it's always good to have an every-down RB that can run, block and catch.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5163/knowshon-moreno

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract. The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

peacepipe
06-18-2012, 05:15 PM
The $5.08 million is a club option that can be exercised by the Broncos. Since the Broncos won't take the option year, Moreno will be a free agent in 2014. If Moreno gets traded, he will have a $1.7 million salary in 2013 and his new team will have a chance to negotiate a new contract. I think the Broncos should try to renegotiate Moreno's contract to keep him on the roster. He can be a very useful piece for Peyton Manning. McGahee is 30 years old. Hillman won't carry the load. And it's always good to have an every-down RB that can run, block and catch.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5163/knowshon-morenoniether will moreno. they are both 3rd down backs. if hillman shows he can play in the NFL,there will be no need to keep moreno.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Lol yeah that doesn't sound like Moreno at all. :rofl:

KipCorrington25
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Moreno is not going anywhere.

Yeah I've seen the last 3 years and no greater truth has been spoken. :rofl:

Play2win
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think Moreno makes the final cut. In fact, my early guess is that Denver selects a power back in the 1st round next year as McGahee's eventual replacement.

I think it will be a MLB

MrPeepers
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
doing lots of crossfit

CEH
06-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I bet a dollar to a donut Moreno is not on the opening day roster nor on the PUP

Bacchus
06-18-2012, 07:26 PM

I can still see senarios where Moreno flourishes in this offense.

errand
06-18-2012, 07:43 PM

anytime a player violates the personal conduct clause in the CBA....he is subject to being suspended.

Big Ben wasn't convicted of sexual assault, but being accused twice in such a short time forced the league to suspend him for 4 games a couple seasons ago....

lonestar
06-18-2012, 07:59 PM

Pretty sure that a trade would include the option numbers.. Which could narrow the field fo folks..
 Your correct about them being able to redo the contract..

I doubt unless something happens to others on the team and he becomes an absolute stud he will be around for 2013 @ $1.7 million..

Frankly at this time I do not see ANYONE in the NFL that would give anything for this NO SHOW..

So trade talk is moot..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I bet a dollar to a donut Moreno is not on the opening day roster nor on the PUP

the thing is being on PUP does not cost them a thing more than they are already paying.

If they cut him before next year all of the bonus money hits this years cap value..

Which probably equates to the same amount of money..

when it is time to come off of PUP then they have to make a decision on a roster spot.. until then nothing will happen..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
anytime a player violates the personal conduct clause in the CBA....he is subject to being suspended.

Big Ben wasn't convicted of sexual assault, but being accused twice in such a short time forced the league to suspend him for 4 games a couple seasons ago....

FWIW they would still be on the hook for his salary instead of paying him they send it to NFL charities..

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM

This. Fox is done with him.

ward63
06-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I am on the fence with Moreno. Injury wise, I'm pretty tired of him, but the idea of him in this offense sounds pretty sweet. I hope we put him on PUP (unlike Thomas last year), save a roster spot and use the extra week to figure out what the heck to do with him.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
He's fighting for the #3 spot at best, doesn't play special teams, coming off an ACL, couldn't stay on the field before the ACL, and has a drinking problem. He has success written all over him.

KipCorrington25
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Not to mention his escapades with the stationary bike.

ward63
06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Not to mention his escapades with the stationary bike.

The bike shouldn't have talked back to him

peacepipe
06-19-2012, 06:55 AM
He's fighting for the #3 spot at best, doesn't play special teams, coming off an ACL, couldn't stay on the field before the ACL, and has a drinking problem. He has success written all over him.I'm not a supporter of moreno,but a DUI does not = drinking problem.

bronco militia
06-19-2012, 07:25 AM
He's fighting for the #3 spot at best, doesn't play special teams, coming off an ACL, couldn't stay on the field before the ACL, and has a drinking problem. He has success written all over him.

he also has multiple tattoo's.

lonestar
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm not a supporter of moreno,but a DUI does not = drinking problem.

a DUI coupled with his license plate might be a strong indicator he does indeed have an issue..

either that he is a total moron..

D$$
06-20-2012, 01:35 PM
!

NFLBRONCO
06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Biggest negative- Drafted by McD's good-bye

Beantown Bronco
06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
!

Talk about making your first post here count.