PDA

View Full Version : Cops harassing you stories

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
In honor of Rodney King. Not that he was harrassed.

oubronco
06-18-2012, 08:44 AM
**** the man

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
I have quite a few of 'em. Cops tend to be busybodies, just have to be by personality type. They want to stick their noses into every little thing.

I had a deputy pull me over for one license plate light out. Really? One license plate light out? The real problem was I was the lone vehicle in a local park late at night (was letting the Lab run around). Dude found it suspicious apparently, and the license plate light out was his excuse to check me out further, run my license and registration.

StugotsIII
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
I have quite a few of 'em. Cops tend to be busybodies, just have to be by personality type. They want to stick their noses into every little thing.

I had a deputy pull me over for one license plate light out. Really? One license plate light out? The real problem was I was the lone vehicle in a local park late at night (was letting the Lab run around). Dude found it suspicious apparently, and the license plate light out was his excuse to check me out further, run my license and registration.

Hate to break it to you, but a cops job is to enforce the laws. As gay as it may be, having a license plate light out is illegal.

The guy was just doing his job.

Drunk Monkey
06-18-2012, 09:08 AM

Not sure that qualifies as harassment.

Most of my past harassment issues stem from noise complaints from neighbors while I was in college. Most were justified. One time there were 5 people in the house (6 people lived there) 4 roommates and 2 girlfriends. The cops tried to "break up the party". We explained there was no party. He only backed off when we said the girls were drinking and not safe to drive. They were staying the night anyways. The cops were total dicks about it. Especially since we were watching a movie and not causing a disturbance.

Chris
06-18-2012, 09:17 AM
There was this one time a girl cop came into my bedroom and arrested me....

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Hate to break it to you, but a cops job is to enforce the laws. As gay as it may be, having a license plate light out is illegal.

The guy was just doing his job.

Actually, I think the guy was just bored. I don't mind cops doing their jobs, but sometimes they stick their noses in just because they can. This is a quiet neighborhood, and he had nothing to do but check me out because he had the power to do so.

Come on man, one license plate bulb out? There's one left and it's a reflective plate. But no, I had to sit there with this pricks lights on me in my own neighborhood while he spends 10 minutes checking my license and registration. And no ticket resulted? He was an OK guy expecially after my Lab lunged at him when he came to the window, but still.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 09:32 AM
A couple months before that I had a deputy chase me down on Santa Fe. I knew the guy was after me for some reason. He pulls me over, says "I pulled you over to check your registration."

My registration was fine, but I don't argue, I show him the registration and insurance, I spend 10 minutes being lit up for everybody to see, and he comes back and says, "Thank you."

What? See, there was no reason to chase me down and pull me over. None at all. No ticket, no nothing except the deputy wanted to check my registration that was fine all along?

oubronco
06-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you need to lay low for awhile

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Not sure that qualifies as harassment.

Most of my past harassment issues stem from noise complaints from neighbors while I was in college. Most were justified. One time there were 5 people in the house (6 people lived there) 4 roommates and 2 girlfriends. The cops tried to "break up the party". We explained there was no party. He only backed off when we said the girls were drinking and not safe to drive. They were staying the night anyways. The cops were total ***** about it. Especially since we were watching a movie and not causing a disturbance.

When I was in high school a pair of cops grabbed me just walking home from school. They said it was because I was "wearing gloves". In Denver? In winter? Put me through the wringer in the back of the car in handcuffs, questioning me about anything they could think of. Who do you know that steals cars? Who do you know that robs houses? Who do you know that deals drugs? Do you know this guy? Do you know that guy?

Spider
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
For the most part cops are punks ....got a few good ones but those are few and far between

Chris
06-18-2012, 09:53 AM
For the most part cops are punks ....got a few good ones but those are few and far between

You talkin bout rest stops?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Nah, man. I'm white. So... yeah.

broncocalijohn
06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I got pulled over and was blamed for smoking doobies (never had in my life) because I was yawning and my eyes were red. I told the cop that I have been up more than 40 hours straight and it is 1:00 in the morning. So, I got out while he can do the big search of nothing and of course I was let go with the wrong way ticket only. I later see that he broke my ashtray without saying anything about it. Another time, when I was 23, I had a 3000GTVR4 Mitsubishi (yeah, money was good as a youngin) and was coming home from St. Patty's Day celebration and got pulled over for making a wide turn (no I didnt) and was suspected of being drunk. Only problem was that we couldnt get into the bar because of the line and I had a beer and a half at the Mexican restuarant next to it. Cop saw the cool car and wanted to score points getting it towed. The test was proof he was fool of **** and some real drunk was driving past us while he was being a douche. Oh, of course no ticket for the alleged wide turn.

v2micca
06-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I fortunately don't have any personal stories to share, but my brother got screwed over royally a few years back by a cop. A friend had called him up because their battery had died at two in the morning and they needed him to come give them a jump. The car was along the side of a one way road. When my brother reached his friends car, he had to turn his car around so they were facing and the jumper cables could reach. A cop comes along and tickets him for going the wrong way on a one-way road and won't let him jump his friend's car. Complete utter bullsh*t.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I had a pending house sale to a cop. We were under contract but waiting to close. He decided to let himself and his friend in to show it off at 2am while on duty. Set the alarm off while I was operating so Im in the middle of a trauma surgery and the alarm company calls. Literally could do nothing about it while the circulating nurse is trying to relay messages to me. Told them to call the cops. He admitted to setting off the alarm because he "was looking for burglars in the area." That turned out to be a huge PITA and a very uncomfortable sale closing.

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 10:50 AM
I had a pending house sale to a cop. We were under contract but waiting to close. He decided to let himself and his friend in to show it off at 2am while on duty. Set the alarm off while I was operating so Im in the middle of a trauma surgery and the alarm company calls. Literally could do nothing about it while the circulating nurse is trying to relay messages to me. Told them to call the cops. He admitted to setting off the alarm because he "was looking for burglars in the area." That turned out to be a huge PITA and a very uncomfortable sale closing.

LOL.....I bet your old neighbors love their new neighbor.

Rabb
06-18-2012, 10:52 AM

I bet he had tattoos

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I bet he had tattoos

and grew up without a father.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 11:03 AM
He had a tatoo that said "are you my daddy?"

brncs_fan
06-18-2012, 11:08 AM
I once had a cop pull me over for speeding (which I was) and preceded to pull me and my two friends out of the car to individually put us down, question us on whether we or the others in the car had any "dope" and then searched the entire car.

I thought the whole thing was ridiculous (the backup cop who came to watch us so he could search my car confirmed the guy was a bit of a hard-on). I was annoyed by how long it was taking and became a whole lot less cooperative by the end of it but it was never anything serious.

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 11:13 AM
http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/src/133250941636.gif

Spider
06-18-2012, 11:26 AM
You talkin bout rest stops?

Cant follow the thread ? .... Everyone says be nice to idiots so I will be nice dickhead

Powderaddict
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I got pulled over doing 82 in a 35 on a motorcycle that wasn't even mine (A guy at a party let me take it out), I couldn't find the license or registration, I didn't even really know the owner's name.

Cop let me go.

Honestly, most of my experiences with the police have been generally pleasant. If I get pulled over it's usually for speeding, and that's my fault, not theirs.

Bacchus
06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
In honor of Rodney King. Not that he was harrassed.

"Not that he was harrassed"??? They beat the **** out of that man!!!

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 12:00 PM
"Not that he was harrassed"??? They beat the **** out of that man!!!

He challenged them to a fight, and got his ass kicked. Happens often when you challenge 3 guys to fight. Actually, you can't realistically expect otherwise.

razorwire77
06-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I once had a cop pull me over for speeding (which I was) and preceded to pull me and my two friends out of the car to individually put us down, question us on whether we or the others in the car had any "dope" and then searched the entire car.

I thought the whole thing was ridiculous (the backup cop who came to watch us so he could search my car confirmed the guy was a bit of a hard-on). I was annoyed by how long it was taking and became a whole lot less cooperative by the end of it but it was never anything serious.

"I appreciate that you are only trying to do your job sir, but I do not consent to searches."

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I got pulled over doing 82 in a 35 on a motorcycle that wasn't even mine (A guy at a party let me take it out), I couldn't find the license or registration, I didn't even really know the owner's name.

Cop let me go.

Honestly, most of my experiences with the police have been generally pleasant. If I get pulled over it's usually for speeding, and that's my fault, not theirs.

Must've been a regular guy impersonating an officer. No way an actual cop does that, unless he received an emergency call with officers down or under fire and he had to take off.

Powderaddict
06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Must've been a regular guy impersonating an officer. No way an actual cop does that, unless he received an emergency call with officers down or under fire and he had to take off.

It was a deserted back road in the hills, I cooperated right from the get go, no one was at risk, I just think the officer didn't feel my crime justified all the paperwork, booking, etc etc etc that would go along with it.

There were no homes or other traffic on the road at that time, other than the policeman coming the opposite way. He flipped his lights on and I pulled over right away. I could have ran and gotten away with it, but I didn't.

Not all cops are assholes. In fact, all the cops in my area I've dealt with are generally pretty cool guys.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Cop let me go.

"I didn't know I couldn't do that."

BroncoInferno
06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
"I didn't know I couldn't do that."

"Pretty good, huh? Because I DID know I couldn't do that."

Archer81
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I used to work in Springs and would get home about 230 in the morning. I would take 115 home and it cuts right through Penrose. Same cop pulled me over 3 straight nights. First time because I was going 7 miles over the limit. 2nd time was because I changed lanes without signaling, third time I never got a reason. I did not get tickets, just warnings. FFS man, I had to drive 45 miles through the worst HWY on the front range at 2 in the morning just to get home from a crappy job and I was getting pulled over for bull****.

:Broncos:

baja
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I was driving through Bullhead City AZ. when I came on an accident at an intersection. There was a cop waving traffic through. There was broken glass and car pieces all over the road. Well apparently I wasn't going fast enough through the debris so this cop starts banging on my car with his night stick while screaming for me to move faster. I put the window down and asked him what was the problem. He then went bull **** and screamed louder to move my f*in car. He had already damaged my car with his baton and was so angry that the veins on his neck were pulsating. He had pissed me off by this time. I was driving at a reasonable speed given the circumstances so I decided to pretend to be hard of hearing, I cupped my ear and said, 'i can't make out what you are saying" The guy became so mad I really thought he would either have a heart attack or shoot me. As I drove away I waved at him and said have a nice day. He was still raging as I dove out of the intersection.

scorpio
06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Years ago when I was living in the dorms at CSU, I hear a banging on the door at about 10:30 PM. I open the door, it's this short little **** of a cop who had tried to fight my roommate a few weeks earlier and his partner. He says he smells weed in the hallway, which isn't surprising because I could practically see the smoke rolling out from under the door across the hallway, and he wants to take a look in my room.

I hadn't smoked anything that night and didn't have any on me, so I'm like "Yeah, fine." The guys start looking around the room with their flashlights (the lights are on), and finally the short one sees an orange peel in the trashcan, turns to his buddy and says, "See there. That's how they hide the smell!"

I rolled my eyes and asked them if they were done, and if so to please get the **** out because I had class in the morning. They give me some tough-guy talk about how they'll be keeping an eye on me and leave. Never even knocked on the door across the hall. Assholes.

fontaine
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I've had dealings with cops a lot of times (over 10 times) and not once was I harassed or dealt with improperly.

I find that if you're polite, honest and to the point that's pretty much the response you'll get from most people, cops or any other profession.

chawknz
06-18-2012, 05:41 PM
When I lived in Pennsylvania, we used to visit NYC on a regular basis and go clubbing. One early morning as the 4 of us were leaving, we were stopped at a red light when 1 cop pulled up behind us, 2 from either side of us, and 1 in front of us. They all jumped out, pulled out their guns, and yelled at us to turn off the car and put our hands "where they could see them".

Needless to say, we were scared crapless. We did as they told us, and they surrounded our car. They opened our doors and basicially ripped us out. They bent us over the car and held us there at gunpoint. We could hear their radios talking about a drive by shooting, 4 people in a red Honda Civic (what we were driving). So, more gloom came over us until we heard "latino suspects".

They let go of us and basically disappeared in a hurry, never saying anything but "you're free to go".

Minutes later as we're about to enter the Holland tunnel, another cop pulls up to us and turns his lights on. We pull over and my bud who was driving rolled his window down and looked back to their car and yelled "We've already been pulled over for this!". A few moments later the cop turned his lights off and drove away. :)

Having just spent the past 5 hours in a NYC club doing God knows what, it was pretty scary stuff!

Victor
06-18-2012, 05:57 PM
A cop harrassed my ass right to jail one night after I gave him some lip. I thought that I was clever...he didn't. I learned a great lesson. Thank the Lord for the police.

brncs_fan
06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
"I appreciate that you are only trying to do your job sir, but I do not consent to searches."

I didn't care because I had nothing to hide.

I will echo the sentiment that most of my dealings with the police have been very amicable and when I am in trouble for something (speeding mostly) it is my fault.

houghtam
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Actually, I think the guy was just bored. I don't mind cops doing their jobs, but sometimes they stick their noses in just because they can. This is a quiet neighborhood, and he had nothing to do but check me out because he had the power to do so.

Come on man, one license plate bulb out? There's one left and it's a reflective plate. But no, I had to sit there with this pricks lights on me in my own neighborhood while he spends 10 minutes checking my license and registration. And no ticket resulted? He was an OK guy expecially after my Lab lunged at him when he came to the window, but still.

Would he have been going just a little over the line if he had pistol-whipped that dog into submission? I mean, the dog lunged at him, right?

StugotsIII
06-18-2012, 06:12 PM

Maybe if you weren't trying to pick up underage Wendy's employee's at every truck stop those "punks" would leave you alone.

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybe if you weren't trying to pick up underage Wendy's employee's at every truck stop those "punks" would leave you alone.

Underage?

Spider hits on the ladies 60 and over hoping to hone in on that senior discount.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Would he have been going just a little over the line if he had pistol-whipped that dog into submission? I mean, the dog lunged at him, right?

Seeings how he had no real reason to pull me over in the first place, maybe that would have been a problem where me, the dog and the deputy could have a big ol fight. I see where you're going with that.

Nah, the dog never got past the steering wheel and the deputy didn't have a problem, so totally different situations.

StugotsIII
06-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Underage?

Spider hits on the ladies 60 and over hoping to hone in on that senior discount.

He actually told a story on here about hitting on a Wendy's employee that was underage...

Gross.

DenverBroncosJM
06-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I got pulled over on the 134 doing 85 the speed limit is 65.

I asked the officer why did he pull me over as I was moving with the flow of traffic. (I was in the lane next to the fast lane the fast lane was moving a lot faster.)

The cop leans down and says "Ever been fishing?" I replied "yes" and he said "You dont catch'em all do you?" Then said have a nice night and gave me my 400 dollar ticket.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 06:56 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gLsM65KUJeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

canadianbroncosfan
06-19-2012, 01:52 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Blhy1eQOjZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Blhy1eQOjZQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Spider
06-19-2012, 02:05 AM
He actually told a story on here about hitting on a Wendy's employee that was underage...

Gross.

LMAO i see your still a liar .....just goes to show you dont have to be a cop to be a punk ...why dont you tell em about all your tough talk but when the rubber met the road you pussed out ;D

errand
06-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Their job is to protect and serve....and while you weren't doing anything, being in a park alone late at night is suspicious behavior, is it not?

If they didn't go by their gut instincts, alot of crimes will go unsolved and criminals would go unpunished. what if your child was abducted...and the only thing that would save their life was if a cop pulled their kidnapper over for a faulty light or expired tag?

WolfpackGuy
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
State cops can be pricks, but they're far less douchey than their town/seasonal/campus cop counterparts.

errand
06-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I've noticed the people who are constantly speeding or getting into trouble with the law think cops are dicks and jerks...and the rest who admit they were speeding etc and were nice to the cops got off with little damage and think the cops were generally decent guys just doing their jobs.....

Things that make me go hmmmmm......

StugotsIII
06-19-2012, 08:43 AM
LMAO i see your still a liar .....just goes to show you dont have to be a cop to be a punk ...why dont you tell em about all your tough talk but when the rubber met the road you pussed out ;D

You mean when you told me you wanted to meet me in a truck stop?

I told you….I'm not into truck stop sex with internet tough guys…or men…or underage Wendy's employees.

Mountain Bronco
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I was driving home one day and following this excruciatingly slow vehicle and have several cars behind me on a two lane mountain road. The Tahoe behind me starts ridding my ass, like I could do something about the car in front of me, so I tap my breaks to back him off, which apparently pissed him off as he is now ridding my ass, honking and flipping me off. After the slow car in front turns off the road, I speed up to about the speed limit and the Tahoe goes to pass me in a non passing area and while passing leans towards the passenger window to flip me off and while doing so jerks the car right and almost into me to the point where I put my car two wheels into the ditch.

So i call the Sheriff's office and report the vehicle and make a report and the officer is great and says thanks, we did catch the guy and cited him. About a month goes by and I get a call from the Sheriff's office saying they needed my address to talk to me about the incident so I let them know and they (totally different deputies than I had originally spoke to) come by and serve me with a reckless mountain driving ticket and walk out without explanation and when I called to ask they refereed me to the DA's office again without explanation. Well **** you very much for being a good citizen and reporting a D-bag who eventually lost his license because he had such a poor driving record and this incident was his last straw.

DA tossed the ticket as the only witness was the D-bag.

Most of my experiences with law enforcement have been great as I am always polite , but do know and exerciser my rights. Most of the time they are just doing their job, which is a tough one, but every now and then there are raging power hungry butt-holes which give them all a bad name.

Anyhow, they couldn't prove anything (not that there was anything to prove) so the ticket was thrown out!

Spider
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
You mean when you told me you wanted to meet me in a truck stop?

I told you….I'm not into truck stop sex with internet tough guys…or men…or underage Wendy's employees.

If that helps you cope with being a punk run with it

StugotsIII
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
If that helps you cope with being a punk run with it

Does that make me a cop?

24champ
06-19-2012, 01:54 PM
A long entertaining read, more at the link.

How to Deal With Cops (and get out of crimes)
May 21, 2012
by Tucker Max & Nils Parker

The 4 Basic Cop Scenarios You Will Deal With:

1. You’re totally innocent: I know this may sound counter-intuitive to some of you, especially the crazy libertarians who make the smallest issue into a referendum on the Constitution, but if you have nothing to hide, then don’t hide anything. Law enforcement officers tend to have pretty good BS detectors. They may not know what you are hiding, but they know if you are hiding something. And if they think you are hiding something from them, then they’ll move heaven and earth to figure out what it is, especially if they think it could be something big.

If you are truly innocent, let everything out. No matter how absurd the story is, give them every detail, tell them every truth, agree to any test. Be honest, tell the WHOLE story, and 99.9% of the time you will be fine (the only time you won’t is if the cop is trying to jack you up; that situation is covered below).

I cannot tell you how many times when I was younger that cops rolled up on me doing something that looked awful but wasn’t even really a crime, yet the explanation was so ****ing ridiculous, I thought no cop would ever believe it. I’d lie, trying to come up with a plausible story, and it never worked. You know why? Because cops are trained to detect lies.

The first thing they’ll do is calm the situation down–get everyone’s heart rate and adrenaline back to normal levels–and ask you what happened or what’s going on. They’ll listen to every word patiently, respectfully, intently. And then, when you’re done, that’s when the questions start coming. They’ll ask you the same questions over and over, from different angles, in different ways, probing for inconsistencies. They aren’t judging the truth of the facts of your story as much as they are judging whether you are lying to them. Unless you are a world class liar, they’re going to trip you, and when they do they are going to think you’re a liar, which to them codes as “Criminal.” Then you’re ****ed, even if you haven’t done anything wrong.

You know what does work? Telling the whole ****ing truth, even if it sounds ridiculous. If you do, no matter how many times the cops ask you the same questions, your answers are going to be consistent because you’re telling the truth. And, if you actually are innocent, everything will be OK. This isn’t about “trusting the system,” this is about fixing where you code in the cops brain, either as “Citizen” or “Criminal.” Citizens tell the truth; Criminals lie. You want the cop to see you as a Citizen.

These situations happen most often when you are pulled over on a ‘pretense stop’ by cops looking to catch bigger fish (cops often use expired tags, a broken windshield, etc as an excuse to pull people over to check for warrants or drugs) or when you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time for reasons entirely out of your control (bar fights, car accidents, locked out and setting off the home burglar alarm, etc). Just remember: Cops, even the ***hole High School Napoleons, aren’t interested in wasting their time jacking up innocent Citizens. If you are truly innocent, just lay everything out and be straight with them, and they’ll move on to the Criminals.

One caveat: Don’t play the innocent card unless you are actually innocent. If you’ve seen Cops, you know A LOT of people think that if they act innocent, the cop won’t actually search them. BS. He will, and he’ll catch you. Innocence is not something to toy with. It’s like bluffing top pair with the short stack and the chip leader is on the button. Only play the card if you have it.

2.You’re guilty and caught, but it’s something small and stupid: This is the most common situation: you did something stupid and juvenile that technically makes you guilty of a crime, but the crime itself isn’t really that bad. That describes pretty much every night I went out in my twenties. There are numerous examples; being overly obnoxious at a bar, driving with an expired license, walking around with an open container, constantly honking at some old woman who won’t drive the ****ing speed limit, etc, etc.

After much trial and error, I figured out the best way to handle this situation: I admit to the least bad crime the cop knows about, apologize profusely, tell them that I’m an idiot and just made a stupid mistake and won’t do it again, and then put myself at their mercy. I spent a decade in legally tenuous situations, getting out of one after the other (or suffering the minimum possible consequence) because each time I was honest, apologetic and cooperative.

This works because you’re doing three things that incentivize the cop to let you go: 1. You’re signaling to them that you’re a Citizen who made a mistake, NOT a Criminal who’s acting out a pattern (remember, cops want to arrest “Criminals” not “Citizens”) 2. you are appealing to their psychological needs by giving them a chance to forgive you, and thus demonstrate the fullest form of their power (which is the main reason they became cops), and 3. you are saving them from the paperwork and bureaucratic BS that comes with every arrest (which appeals to their selfishness and laziness).

This approach covers nearly every form of stupid juvenile idiocy a 20-year old might commit. It is simple and effective, yet so many people do not follow it someone decided to make a show about them: it’s called “JAIL.”

3. You’re guilty, caught, and it’s a big deal: If you are truly guilty–like for real did some serious felony s*** and you’re just flat out caught–accept that you’re getting arrested and shut up so you don’t make things worse. Cooperate, be polite and do what the cop says, but shut your mouth and ask for your lawyer and don’t do or say anything else.

For example, say you run a red light and cause a major accident because you were texting and not paying attention. You’re an idiot, the accident is your fault, and you’re ****ed. Accept these facts, and operate with them as given assumptions, instead of trying to argue the accident away. You’re going to lose that argument, get arrested anyway, and now you’ve set up the prosecutor’s case. The cop is going to ask you if you were paying attention. He’s going to ask you if you were texting while you were driving. Anything you say at this point can potentially be evidence against you at a criminal trial. SHUT THE **** UP. If you did it and you know it and the cop knows it, there is NOTHING you can do at the scene that will either get you off or make it better. You can ONLY make it worse by talking. [Note: this applies doubly so for serious intentional crimes, like robbery or arson].

Cops are not dumb. They are especially good at understanding the application of the law and how to get people to talk in ways that produce the evidence they need to make a case. They don’t have to tell you the truth, either. If they think you’re guilty, they’re going to say anything they think will get you to incriminate yourself or tell a version of events they can pin to you and compare to later testimony. If you know you’re guilty too, understand that there is NO WAY to resolve the situation at the scene. Accept that you’re going to get arrested, and give yourself the chance to un**** the situation later on by shutting up now and not giving them anything to use against you. Most criminals are convicted, in part or in whole, on evidence they willingly gave to the police. If you are caught and clearly going to be arrested, and they’re still talking to you about things pertinent to your situation, not just shooting the ****, it’s because they are trying to get evidence to use against you. SO SHUT UP.

Still, some people think they HAVE to talk. If you must say something, politely ask for your lawyer. For example: “Officer, I’d love to talk to you about this, but my friend always makes me promise to call a lawyer before I talk to police. I know, it makes your job a little harder, but I just don’t feel comfortable unless I take his advice and talk to my lawyer. When she gets here, I’ll be happy to discuss this with you, but until then, I’d like to not say anything.” Or you can be a dick and yell “LAWYER!” over and over; **** it, you’re already busted, why not?

[Want to watch a great example of how this situation plays out in real life? Go watch a few episodes of the TV show “The First 48.” It’s an amazing show with real cops doing real police work. I would say that over half the cases are made by cops getting people to incriminate themselves when they don’t have to even talk to the police! You can watch it happen in real time on that show. Or, read this (general advice for criminals and idiots) or watch this video (about why to never talk to police if you're guilty or appear to be guilty).]

4. A cop is trying to jack you up, and you know it: Sometimes you run into the wrong High School Napoleon at the wrong time and he just has a hair up his ass about you. It happens. Or maybe a Blue Collar Pro has totally misread a situation and is convinced that you’re guilty, even though you really are innocent. This is the rarest situation thankfully, but it is also the worst. And unfortunately, you are not going to like my advice even though it is unquestionably the best thing you can do: If you are getting unjustly jacked up by a cop, the best thing to do is calm down, relax, stay polite and cooperative, accept what the cop does without fighting him on it, and then seize the first opportunity that presents itself to get out of the situation.

Take what happened to me recently: I was crossing the street, against a red light. I was in the crosswalk and there were no cars coming so it should have been no big deal. I was not even ten feet from the opposite curb when this cop–on a ****ing bike–pulled up out of nowhere and commanded me to go back to the other side. I mean…are you kidding? You could not dream up a scenario where a cop could be more pathetic or petty. I could tell from one look at this dude that he was the archetype of the High School Napoleon, and he’d pegged me as a rich ***hole who he was going to humiliate while looking for a reason to jack me up. In that moment–in those first 10 seconds–I had a decision to make: Do I argue with the cop and **** with him right back, or do I just do what he says?

Most people here are going to tell you to fight back, to defend your rights, to go ape**** and tell the cop to **** off or whatever other posturing nonsense they can think up. And you can do that…but that is a hard battle to fight, especially when the cop has the cuffs and the pepper spray and the law to back him up. That’s a fight you’re going to lose, one way or another.

What you do all depends on how you want to spend your time over the next few months. If you want to spend a night in jail, thousands of dollars on lawyers, hundreds of hours waiting around in court, and subjecting yourself to the random things that can happen in any system, then please, by all means, take the hard road and enjoy the consequences that come with it.

But if you’re like me, having fully identified the type of situation you are facing, you do nothing, you respond to no provocation, you calmly take all his verbal abuse–even though every fiber of your being wants to lash out at this ****ing piece of s*** small dick ***hole cop abusing his power–and you move on with your life. It’s ultimately just better not to punch the tar baby, no matter how much you might want to.

The question you have to wrestle with when you’re getting unfairly jacked up isn’t what should happen in a just world? It’s what is the best way to extricate yourself from the situation at hand and avoid interacting with the justice system? If that isn’t possible at the scene, if the cop is going to arrest or ticket you, all you can do is cooperate and wait until you get to the next layer in the criminal justice system. There a prosecutor or a higher ranking officer can correct the mistake and the arresting officer’s power melts away. So, once you know the cop is out to get you, stop trying to fight him and move on to the battle you can win. Just getting arrested isn’t that big of a deal anyway.

http://www.itsuptoyou.net/how-to-deal-with-cops-and-get-out-of-crimes/

Captain 'Dre
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
This last March, I got hassled by a cop for running a red light.

So what, you say?

It was 5 in the morning, and I was on foot.

Yes, I was out for my morning run, and a cop saw me cross an intersection when the light was red-- nobody was coming, it's not like I was obstructing traffic.

So the cop rolls up to me and shouts "Give me one good reason I shouldn't write you a ticket NOW!!!"

It took 5 seconds for me to realize that what the cop wanted was for me to be saying "Yes, sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir". Once i did that, he let me go without a citation.

But it was completely unnecessary for the cop to have the 'tude that he did.

Swedish Extrovert
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
My experiences with the police have been generally good. Sometimes they're assholes when they don't need to be, but other than that I can't really complain.

Swedish Extrovert
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I will say this: one time at a Broncos game a DPD guy working as a crossing guard stopped pedestrian traffic toilet the busses go through, and a couple darted across right as he was stopping traffic (kinda like accelerating through a yellow light that is turning red). Anyway they made it all the way across and the officer grabbed the girl and forcefully escorted her to the other side of the road and shoved her into the crowd. Her boyfriend/husband had to cross over too.

I thought that was a little unnecessary.

BroncoLifer
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Never been harassed by a cop but I've witnessed a guy harass a cop.

A female co-worker and friend was married to a sheriff's deputy - I'll call him Alex. He is really a great guy that I bet 90% of the people on here would like a lot. One 4th of July a large group of us went to the fireworks show at one of the mountain towns near Boulder. Alex was on duty in full uniform but came by to hang out with us for a few minutes during the show.

When the show ended some random prick came up and started abusing Alex's good nature. The guy started aggressively goading Alex - trying to get him to lose his temper in front of a large crowd of people who stopped to watch. Said the cops didn't belong there, what did he think he was doing, why are you intimidating people trying to have a good time, what's your badge number so I can report you, etc. All in a highly confrontational voice and body language. Actually, all Alex was doing was watching fireworks with his wife and friends. The guy seemed to want to be arrested so that in his mind he could press some kind of false arrest charges against a cop.

Anyway, Alex didn't take the bait. I was very impressed by the way he kept his cool and remained professional through the whole thing. I never could have stood there and stayed as cool as he did with this asshole giving him crap.

Later on, he told me that something like that happens once a month or so. Which surprised me. Evidently, some people have a hard on to hassle cops, too. So it works both ways.

snowspot66
06-19-2012, 07:55 PM
A long entertaining read, more at the link.

How to Deal With Cops (and get out of crimes)
May 21, 2012
by Tucker Max & Nils Parker

http://www.itsuptoyou.net/how-to-deal-with-cops-and-get-out-of-crimes/

Part 1: A defense attorney and law professor.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8z7NC5sgik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2: A cop.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/08fZQWjDVKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
The first I was harassed by the police, I was a senior in high school. Must have been about 10ish at night, and I was dropping a friend off at his house, which was in Watts. So I drop him off and start to go back to the main street. I turned down a street that ended up being a dead end, so I made a U turn to go back the way I came in. As I was back tracking, a cop was coming in the other direction and he had his search light on me, which made it really hard to drive because I couldn't see anything. As I was passing him he signaled me to stop, which I did. He and his partner, both white, get out of the car, asked to see my DL and registration, and as one cop searched me, the other ransacked my car. The cop popped the trunk, the hood, tossed everything around in the car. Afterwards they told me that there was a lot of drug activity in that area and that was it. They didn't cite me for anything or tell me that I did anything wrong. I had broken no traffic laws, showed any signs of committing any crimes, and my car was in perfect working order. So I was pulled over because I was a young black guy in a bad area.

GreatBronco16
06-19-2012, 08:43 PM
So I was pulled over because I was a young black guy in a bad area.

Yeah, cause that never happens to white boys.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Why the cops always be pulling ME over?!

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I must have been in my early 20s, and for about a week I had all kind of problems from the cops, and it wasn't my fault. The cops look for the slightest thing sometimes, even if it really is nothing.

So my license plate was stolen off of my car. It was a personalized plate, so I replaced it with the same plate. So after I went through a load of crap from the cops, I found out that in their system, when they ran my plates, it said "duplicate plates." Meaning that duplicate license plates were issued, and that was because the first set was stolen. Well from what I was told after going through a lot of crap, the cops should have never pulled me over for that, because in the cop's system it says the make and model of car that is attached to that license plate, and I happened to be driving that car. But that didn't stop them from pulling me over...four times!

So the first time the cop pulled me over, I was told to get out of the car and walk over to the patrol car. He takes me DL, registration and tells me to sit in the back of the squad car. That is the only time in my life I've ever been in the back of a squad car. Another cop car shows up. So one cop is running my info, another cop has me taking off my shoes and he's checking them for drugs, and that's after he searched me, and another cop is ransacking my car. He's tossing everything around. Everything turns up clean, and they let me go. They gave me no reason for why they pulled me over or why they were searching me. This was from the LAPD, and all the cops were white.

A few days later I'm in Long Beach and a cop pulls me over. This time it was a black cop, and he was alone. He simply walked up to my car, asked for my DL and reg, went back to his patrol car and then came back and said everything was cool. But he didn't tell me what the issue was, he just told me that there had been a number of stolen cars in the area. Well, at least he didn't pull me out of the car, search me, and ransack my car.

So a couple days later I'm in Long Beach, parked legally. Just sitting in the car on a residential street, right off of a main street. I see these two cop cars wiz by, but didn't think much of it. So like a minute later I hear somebody yell out, "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!" I look at a guy walking down the sidewalk and was thinking that he better put his hands up. But he didn't, so then I thought that maybe I should put my hands up, just in case they're talking to me. Well they were talking to me. I was told to turn off the car and step out. So I'm stepping out, slowly, and I turn toward the cops and I was shocked to what I saw. Both officers standing behind their car doors with guns pointed right at me. I couldn't believe what was happening. So they told me to walk to their car, and I did, very slowly. It felt like a march of death, and it was like any slight move and they were going to unload on me, so I was very careful with every movement. So one cop ran my DL and reg, one cop searched me, and one cop ransacked my car. All white cops. Everything came back clean. So I was telling the officer that this is the 3rd time that I was pulled over, and finally I was given a reason. He said their system says "duplicate plates."

So I decided to get new plates the very next day. I was driving to the Auto Club to get it done. So I'm about two street lights away when the LAPD come up behind me. So I already knew what was about to happen. I'm coming up to a green light, and it turns yellow. It turned yellow just as I was entering the intersection, so I kept going through. The cop stopped at the light, so I was thinking I'm good. So I kept going, and then as I'm turning into the Auto Club, here comes the cop, pulling me over. I'm figuring that I wasn't pulled over at the light because the cop had to wait for the computer to run my plates, and when it came back as a duplicate, he came after me. So I park, the officers, both white, have me get out the car and search me. I explain to the cop the situation, and when he sees that everything was clean, I thought he was going to let me go in the Auto Club and change plates. But then he was like, "so...why did you run that red light?! My jaw hit the ground. That was total BS. That light was yellow, and it didn't turn red until I was nearly out of the intersection. And if I did run the light, then why wasn't I pulled over right there??? Why wait until I'm a couple lights and several blocks away. And if my plates didn't have an issue, which they really didn't, I bet I would have never been pulled over. So I got a ticket for running the light.

So I go in the Auto Club and teller explained the problem to me and said that because I was driving the car that was attached to the plates, I should have never been pulled over.

ZachKC
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Never really had any bad run ins with cops.

houghtam
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
I must have been in my early 20s, and for about a week I had all kind of problems from the cops, and it wasn't my fault. The cops look for the slightest thing sometimes, even if it really is nothing.

So my license plate was stolen off of my car. It was a personalized plate, so I replaced it with the same plate. So after I went through a load of crap from the cops, I found out that in their system, when they ran my plates, it said "duplicate plates." Meaning that duplicate license plates were issued, and that was because the first set was stolen. Well from what I was told after going through a lot of crap, the cops should have never pulled me over for that, because in the cop's system it says the make and model of car that is attached to that license plate, and I happened to be driving that car. But that didn't stop them from pulling me over...four times!

So the first time the cop pulled me over, I was told to get out of the car and walk over to the patrol car. He takes me DL, registration and tells me to sit in the back of the squad car. That is the only time in my life I've ever been in the back of a squad car. Another cop car shows up. So one cop is running my info, another cop has me taking off my shoes and he's checking them for drugs, and that's after he searched me, and another cop is ransacking my car. He's tossing everything around. Everything turns up clean, and they let me go. They gave me no reason for why they pulled me over or why they were searching me. This was from the LAPD, and all the cops were white.

A few days later I'm in Long Beach and a cop pulls me over. This time it was a black cop, and he was alone. He simply walked up to my car, asked for my DL and reg, went back to his patrol car and then came back and said everything was cool. But he didn't tell me what the issue was, he just told me that there had been a number of stolen cars in the area. Well, at least he didn't pull me out of the car, search me, and ransack my car.

So a couple days later I'm in Long Beach, parked legally. Just sitting in the car on a residential street, right off of a main street. I see these two cop cars wiz by, but didn't think much of it. So like a minute later I hear somebody yell out, "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!" I look at a guy walking down the sidewalk and was thinking that he better put his hands up. But he didn't, so then I thought that maybe I should put my hands up, just in case they're talking to me. Well they were talking to me. I was told to turn off the car and step out. So I'm stepping out, slowly, and I turn toward the cops and I was shocked to what I saw. Both officers standing behind their car doors with guns pointed right at me. I couldn't believe what was happening. So they told me to walk to their car, and I did, very slowly. It felt like a march of death, and it was like any slight move and they were going to unload on me, so I was very careful with every movement. So one cop ran my DL and reg, one cop searched me, and one cop ransacked my car. All white cops. Everything came back clean. So I was telling the officer that this is the 3rd time that I was pulled over, and finally I was given a reason. He said their system says "duplicate plates."

So I decided to get new plates the very next day. I was driving to the Auto Club to get it done. So I'm about two street lights away when the LAPD come up behind me. So I already knew what was about to happen. I'm coming up to a green light, and it turns yellow. It turned yellow just as I was entering the intersection, so I kept going through. The cop stopped at the light, so I was thinking I'm good. So I kept going, and then as I'm turning into the Auto Club, here comes the cop, pulling me over. I'm figuring that I wasn't pulled over at the light because the cop had to wait for the computer to run my plates, and when it came back as a duplicate, he came after me. So I park, the officers, both white, have me get out the car and search me. I explain to the cop the situation, and when he sees that everything was clean, I thought he was going to let me go in the Auto Club and change plates. But then he was like, "so...why did you run that red light?! My jaw hit the ground. That was total BS. That light was yellow, and it didn't turn red until I was nearly out of the intersection. And if I did run the light, then why wasn't I pulled over right there??? Why wait until I'm a couple lights and several blocks away. And if my plates didn't have an issue, which they really didn't, I bet I would have never been pulled over. So I got a ticket for running the light.

So I go in the Auto Club and teller explained the problem to me and said that because I was driving the car that was attached to the plates, I should have never been pulled over.

It's profiling. If you don't think it is, you should do a ride along with an officer sometime. It really opens up your eyes. In order for them to pull you over for that, they would have looked up your license. To do that, the would have had a reason to look up your license. This happens all the time, and profiling is a sound police tactic, if used properly. You see a group of kids acting like fools, you tail them because you know they are bound to do something wrong. It's Friday night at 2:00am, you sit outside a bar and wait for the drunks to try driving home. That's considered good police work.

What is bad (and quite frankly lazy, not to mention racist) police work, is unfounded profiling. Stopping people of a certain race simply because they are statistically more likely to commit a crime. Statistically speaking, the throw out the net and see what we catch method not only doesn't work, but also often fails to produce convictions due to the (rightful) burdens placed on prosecution with regard to evidence.

Swedish Extrovert
06-19-2012, 10:38 PM
It's profiling. If you don't think it is, you should do a ride along with an officer sometime. It really opens up your eyes. In order for them to pull you over for that, they would have looked up your license. To do that, the would have had a reason to look up your license. This happens all the time, and profiling is a sound police tactic, if used properly. You see a group of kids acting like fools, you tail them because you know they are bound to do something wrong. It's Friday night at 2:00am, you sit outside a bar and wait for the drunks to try driving home. That's considered good police work.

What is bad (and quite frankly lazy, not to mention racist) police work, is unfounded profiling. Stopping people of a certain race simply because they are statistically more likely to commit a crime. Statistically speaking, the throw out the net and see what we catch method not only doesn't work, but also often fails to produce convictions due to the (rightful) burdens placed on prosecution with regard to evidence.

This is an important point. I'd also like to add that this throws the cops legitimacy in question with regard to public affairs.

baja
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I have been treated very well be all the peace officers I have encountered except the one that I related earlier. They gave many many breaks when I was drinking but that was a different era. I am sure I would have a few DWI's had my drinking escapades occurred currently.

TD4HOF
06-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Damn, this thread got me thinking about my younger days. I sure had a LOT of encounters with the cops. I mean a lot. Not much of a rap sheet in the end, but boy was I pushing it. Police are a varied lot, there can be some real dicks and also some outstanding gentlemen. Generally, they're very underrated.

StugotsIII
06-20-2012, 04:17 AM
Never really had any bad run ins with cops.

What a great story!

HILife
06-20-2012, 04:55 AM

Cop let me go.

Are you white, or at the very least a topless woman?

Tombstone RJ
06-20-2012, 08:57 AM
I've generally had good experiences with cops but I do have one story that goes along with profiling. It was my first semester in Ft. Collins and I didn't know the streets or the town very well, it was all new territory for me. One night my friends decide to go out and I'm the designated driver so we drive my car and I didn't drink that night at the bar.

Anyhow, it's time to leave so I pull out of the bar parking lot on to a one way street and of course, not knowing it was a one-way I proceeded to an intersection going the wrong way on this one way street. A cop pulls up across the intersection. I'm making a right hand turn, I have my signal on and when the light turns green, I turn right. The cop of course turns on his lights and pulls me over.

So the cop comes up to the door, I roll down the window and he asks for ID and insurance and stuff and I provide it. Then he says he smells alcohol and I say, yep, my friends have been drinking (there's 3 other drunk guys in the car with me) and I'm driving. I then explain to him I'm new in town and did not realize I was going the wrong way on a one way road because there was no sign when I was pulling out of the parking lot.

Well, he does not care. He says step out of the car and I do. He then gives me the full, long, long sobriety test. I mean I was tap-dancing for the guy. He had me do every little stupid maneuver he could think of. I'm nice, I cooperate, I say yes sir, no sir, I'm pleasant. I'm doing all the right things. He finally gives up and says I can go but he still writes me a ticket.

The asshat writes me a ticket for either wreckless driving or careless driving, one of those. Anyhow, I take the ticket, say "thank you sir" and go my way. Well, I'm pissed so I fight the ticket and sure enough, the DA says he should have never written me a ticket for that and at most it should have been for driving the wrong way down a one way street. The DA person (I don't think was the actual DA but a DA assistant) lets me go without paying for anything.

Powderaddict
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Are you white, or at the very least a topless woman?

I'm as white as the windswept snow.

Bacchus
06-20-2012, 01:35 PM
He challenged them to a fight, and got his ass kicked. Happens often when you challenge 3 guys to fight. Actually, you can't realistically expect otherwise.

I believe there was 5 cops beating him like a dog with their clubs.

ghwk
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM

I am never riding in a car with you. Not ever. :~ohyah!:

Cito Pelon
06-20-2012, 05:37 PM
This is an important point. I'd also like to add that this throws the cops legitimacy in question with regard to public affairs.

It's a tough call between profiling and good police work.

Jason in LA
06-20-2012, 06:03 PM
I am never riding in a car with you. Not ever. :~ohyah!:

lol. Well when I got into my late 20s the cops started to leave me alone.

Spider
06-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I got pulled over once for driving a friends lincoln towncar so it just isnt racial profiling unless redneck is a race

baja
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
I got pulled over once for driving a friends lincoln towncar so it just isnt racial profiling unless redneck is a race

It was likely profiling.

There are lots of ways to profile besides race.

You probably just didn't fit the picture.

ScottXray
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
I had a cop take me into custody and take me to the police station in Littleton for curfew violation once,when I was 17. The problem is the dick followed me home ( I was going there anyway) and I had actually parked in front of my house, to go in. It was 1:03AM ( curfew was 1:00 for 17 and under). Then he hits the flashers , checks my license ( which listed my address as where we were at) , and proceeds to not let me go in my door and go to bed ( which I asked repeatedly about) , but makes me lock my car and takes me to the police station, where he calls my home for my parents to come get me.

The good news is my mom and dads bedroom faced the street and they saw the whole thing. When he got to the station he listened to the cops spiel about wild kids and curfews and then proceeds to rip the guys ass out through the throat, calling him an idiot and ignorant tool that doesn't deserve to be on a police force anywhere. He then filed a formal complaint about the "officer" and his harassment, and demanded a formal apology from the police chief ( which he got later). :thumbs:

I have also had run ins where the officer was an allright dude and cut me a break on things that he didn't have to, if you followed the letter of the law, and others where the cop was also a dick, but technically right about the law, although no harm was done and a warning would be appropriate issued a ticket anyway.

The are all kinds of people in all kinds of work. But a cop that is a dick is one of the most annoying to deal with.

That One Guy
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
When I was about 12, my dad and I were fishing and he was drinking. After finishing about a 12 pack in a couple hours in the summer sun in Missouri, he decided he needed more beer but wasn't in good enough shape to drive so he had me drive. We had to take some backwoods farm road to get to the nearest gas station and apparently someone by the river saw us and called the cops because a car was swerving all over the road. No less than a half dozen cop cars eventually blocked me in on this farm road. I assume it was just a slow day in a small town. The worst part was after they said I wasn't allowed to drive, they told my drunk dad to drive and stop letting me. A half dozen cop cars converging at once on 12 year old me about had me piss myself.

I once got pulled over by the same cop sitting in the same spot 3 times in the same day. After the second ticket, he gave me a warning, though, so that was nice. The speed limit was only like 20 or something but he kept wanting to ding me for like 3 MPH over and I was being hardheaded and kept telling him he was stupid. I assume my speedometer was off.

I usually play nice, joke, make my military affiliation very clearly known, and don't challenge them and I get off though. I've found the easiest way to have a cop go full dick mode is to let them feel like they caught you speeding when you have a radar detector. If my windows are tinted, that thing comes off the window as soon as their lights come on and if I can't do that without being noticed, it gets unplugged. If it's in the window, they'll always pull the "What happened, that thing not go off in time?" routine.

ZONA
06-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I have the best cop story and I swear it's true. Pretty funny actually.

16 still in HS friends and I bored walking along main road in small mountain town. We find beat up looking stuffed bunny rabbit. We put the bunny in middle of road, saw headlights coming our way and hid behind some bushes. Was a cop and came to a dead stop before running it over. Put on his spotlight and looked around. Got back in car drove over the bunny and went up the road. We got the bunny, put it on the other side and hid again. Cop comes back down the road and now see the bunny on the other side. This time he steps out of the car and looks around for a few. Grabs the bunny and drives off.

LMAO - really funny at the time. Being 16 and all messing with the man, lol.

BroncoBen
06-21-2012, 09:37 AM

A couple of my sons high school buddies are now cops, and talking to them can be entertaining. Keep in mind these are his HS football buddies that had that 'run thru a brick wall' mentality.

So basically they tell me it's like fishing when you stop somebody, you never know what you are going to catch, maybe someone has a warrant out, or has something illegal going on, be it drugs or open containers in the vehicle.

But it sounds to me like sometimes they do it cause its a power trip, and they can flex their muscle.. just like in High School picking on under class-men.