PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rodney King

DBroncos4life
06-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Rodney King, motorist whose beating by Los Angeles police officers sparked deadly US race riots, dead at 47

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/17/12266275-rodney-king-motorist-whose-beating-by-los-angeles-police-officers-sparked-deadly-us-race-riots-dead-at-47?lite

Los Broncos
06-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Rip Mr King, we'll all try to get along.

DarkHorse30
06-17-2012, 11:08 AM
pfftttttt. That's what PCP will do to a body.

Broncos_OTM
06-17-2012, 12:01 PM
while sad to see a human die. the dude was a grade a piece of ****

oubronco
06-17-2012, 01:34 PM
In one of the most searing images from the riots, a 33-year-old white construction worker named Reginald Denny was pulled from his vehicle and beaten unconscious by four men at a Los Angeles intersection. Twenty years later, he has still not recovered from his injuries.

RIP King, this sucks worse IMO

Mogulseeker
06-17-2012, 01:40 PM

I'm not one to defend what the police did and whatnot, but wasn't Rodney King really just a total dirtbag who happened to be a victim of excessive force by the police?

cutthemdown
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM

What's the worst thing he did in your opinion? Drugs? He never committed violent crimes or anything against children as far as I know. Not sure Grad A POS shouldn't be saved for people a little worst then him. Don't confuse infamous with evil.

lonestar
06-17-2012, 01:43 PM
if you do not want to be subdued do not resist arrest.. Do what you are asked..

I have a healthy respect for those guys and gals in Blue, when they come up to a car they never know what they could be looking at.. Does he have a gun, knife, now days an explosive device. Is he on some kind of drugs..

Do what your told and you do not get hurt.. pretty plain and simple..

It has been my experience that 99% of the time your being stopped for a good reason, sometimes just as simple as your stop lights do not work and they are not their to ticket you but to tell you so YOU do not get hurt..

If you act like an ass your going to be treated like one..

As RK and the rest of the world know.

DENVERDUI55
06-17-2012, 01:53 PM
What's the worst thing he did in your opinion? Drugs? He never committed violent crimes or anything against children as far as I know. Not sure Grad A POS shouldn't be saved for people a little worst then him. Don't confuse infamous with evil.

Beating women, his own kids, robbing stores. That is at least what he was caught for. Read for yourself he is a grade A piece of work.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html

Carmelo15
06-17-2012, 01:53 PM

I have a healthy respect for those guys and gals in Blue, when they come up to a car they never know what they could be looking at.. Does he have a gun, knife, now days an explosive device. Is he on some kind of drugs..

It has been my experience that 99% of the time your being stopped for a good reason, sometimes just as simple as your stop lights do not work and they are not their to ticket you but to tell you so YOU do not get hurt..

The problem is thst you're implying that police treat everyone in that same manner. They're just like any other person. There are good ones and bad ones. But saying Rodney King got what he had coming is exactly why the riots happened in the first place.

DBroncos4life
06-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Without Rodney King, Sublime doesn't have a guitar.

ZONA
06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I believe King was pulled over for going 100 MPH in a residential area. He could have easily killed somebody that night. I didn't see any tape on what happened before he was pulled out of the car and maybe he did resist arrest but once he was on the street, what happened afterwards was a crime in itself. I have a healthy respect for the Police and what they do as well but your job is to uphold the law, not break it yourself.

fontaine
06-17-2012, 03:12 PM
The rodney king beating was a perfect example of balance.

Dumba$$ cops for dumba$$ criminals.

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 03:20 PM

When I was in my teens thru mid 20s I was pulled over a number of times, usually for not doing anything, and not cited for anything. A few times there weren't any warnings and the cops never told me that I did anything wrong. Cops just did a compete search of the car, checked my DL, and sent me on my way when they found nothing wrong. One I was pulled out of the car at gun point, and I was just sitting there parked, legally! Nothing was wrong with the car.

When I hit my mid 20s it pretty much stopped. I haven't been pulled over in a while for not doing nothing. The few times I've been pulled over in the past 10 or so years, it was because I did something wrong or there was something wrong with the vehicle (head or tail light out).

Mogulseeker
06-17-2012, 03:26 PM
When I was in my teens thru mid 20s I was pulled over a number of times, usually for not doing anything, and not cited for anything. A few times there weren't any warnings and the cops never told me that I did anything wrong. Cops just did a compete search of the car, checked my DL, and sent me on my way when they found nothing wrong. One I was pulled out of the car at gun point, and I was just sitting there parked, legally! Nothing was wrong with the car.

When I hit my mid 20s it pretty much stopped. I haven't been pulled over in a while for not doing nothing. The few times I've been pulled over in the past 10 or so years, it was because I did something wrong or there was something wrong with the vehicle (head or tail light out).

I've never had anything like that happen to me. Can I ask if you're a minority? I was riding in a car once with a buddy who played running back on my HS football team and he was pulled over and I don't recall him doing anything wrong. He was black

baja
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Black people and Mexicans get profiled. It will never be admitted but true none the less.

baja
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
i never see the Asians get pulled over and they are the worse drivers in the world. ;D

Requiem
06-17-2012, 03:33 PM
i never see the Asians get pulled over and they are the worse drivers in the world. ;D

They get pulled over all the time in my town. I know it is just a generalization/stereotype, but the Asian immigrants we have moving here now do an awful job of driving. Not much looking for the right of way or signaling turns/lane switches. Everyone is guilty of it for sure, but I could have been hit by about five or so in the last day if I didn't give up my right away or swerve to avoid those who didn't look or signal a switch.

Young teenage drivers are becoming the worst tho.

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I've never had anything like that happen to me. Can I ask if you're a minority? I was riding in a car once with a buddy who played running back on my HS football team and he was pulled over and I don't recall him doing anything wrong. He was black

Yep, I'm black. I never dressed like a thug or anything. I was just a normal young black guy.

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 04:02 PM

They get pulled over all the time in my town. I know it is just a generalization/stereotype, but the Asian immigrants we have moving here now do an awful job of driving. Not much looking for the right of way or signaling turns/lane switches. Everyone is guilty of it for sure, but I could have been hit by about five or so in the last day if I didn't give up my right away or swerve to avoid those who didn't look or signal a switch.

I've been hit twice by Asian female drivers who I'd say are not from the US. Both times they ignored traffic laws, didn't check to make sure it was clear, ran right into me, and in both cases they swore up and down that it was not their fault. In one of the cases, her insurance company had to make it clear to her that she was at fault.

snowspot66
06-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I've been hit twice by Asian female drivers who I'd say are not from the US. Both times they ignored traffic laws, didn't check to make sure it was clear, ran right into me, and in both cases they swore up and down that it was not their fault. In one of the cases, her insurance company had to make it clear to her that she was at fault.

Ever seen video of traffic in China? ****ing scary ****.

baja
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Ever seen video of traffic in China? ****ing scary ****.

I once saw a video of a 700 bicycle pile up in China.

ColoradoDarin
06-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Wasn't he high on PCP or something? I know he was continually charging at the cops even after they were trying to subdue him. That's if you've seen the full video and not the clipped version.

Smilin Assassin
06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Regardless of his past, the guy seemed to have turned his life around after rehab (alcohol).

Sad that he'd die on father's day as he had atleast three kids that I knew of.

RIP, Rodney.

hookemhess
06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Without Rodney King, Sublime doesn't have a guitar.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/GhostGrendel/OrsenWellesClapping.gif

errand
06-17-2012, 04:49 PM
The problem is thst you're implying that police treat everyone in that same manner. They're just like any other person. There are good ones and bad ones. But saying Rodney King got what he had coming is exactly why the riots happened in the first place.

Aw bull****!

The riots started because the cops were acquitted of the charges that they tried to kill King IIRC....and the one cop that delivered the most blows was still facing federal charges.

Keep in mind these cops had no idea they were being videotaped, which means if they were "racist" they'd have killed him...and they aren't racist, because the other black guys in the car riding with King weren't beaten...why?

Because they complied with the officer's requests...and the world only saw like 20 seconds of the video.....ever wonder what the entire video showed? The entire video shows King lunging towards the officers and they kicked his ass for non-compliance.

The riots were nothing but a bunch of criminals looking for a reason to be who they already were.

errand
06-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I believe King was pulled over for going 100 MPH in a residential area. He could have easily killed somebody that night. I didn't see any tape on what happened before he was pulled out of the car and maybe he did resist arrest but once he was on the street, what happened afterwards was a crime in itself. I have a healthy respect for the Police and what they do as well but your job is to uphold the law, not break it yourself.

You obviously need to talk to some cops and understand the training they receive....

You ever wonder why when 5 cops show up and a shooting occurs the perp has like 40 bullet holes in him? Because loss of blood is what drops a man....and cops are trained that when deadly force is required you shoot until the guy drops....now imagine 5 cops seeing a guy taking a shot at a cop, and reacting to the situation the way they were trained to....

errand
06-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Wasn't he high on PCP or something? I know he was continually charging at the cops even after they were trying to subdue him. That's if you've seen the full video and not the clipped version.

Just as the media did in the Rodney King incident, they did in the Trayvon Martin case....they edited the 911 call, leaving out the operator asking Zimmerman if the guy was white, black, or hispanic (I know why didn't they ask if he was Asian?), and Zimmerman responded "He looks black..."

That edit of the operator's question made it seem as if Zimmerman said "I'm following this suspicious kid....he looks black" Painting Zimmerman in a racist light....the same when they said he hadn't suffered any injuries....they enhanced the video of him and his head wounds are clearly there....

snowspot66
06-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Aw bull****!

The riots started because the cops were acquitted of the charges that they tried to kill King IIRC....and the one cop that delivered the most blows was still facing federal charges.

Keep in mind these cops had no idea they were being videotaped, which means if they were "racist" they'd have killed him...and they aren't racist, because the other black guys in the car riding with King weren't beaten...why?

Because they complied with the officer's requests...and the world only saw like 20 seconds of the video.....ever wonder what the entire video showed? The entire video shows King lunging towards the officers and they kicked his ass for non-compliance.

The riots were nothing but a bunch of criminals looking for a reason to be who they already were.

Are police allowed to "kick his ass" for noncompliance?

No.

errand
06-17-2012, 06:55 PM

No.

Resisting arrest is non compliance...again...review how officers are trained...watch the entire video....King was very deserving of that ass kicking....

DBroncos4life
06-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Resisting arrest is non compliance...again...review how officers are trained...watch the entire video....King was very deserving of that ass kicking....

I'm sure that helped the two that went to prison.

errand
06-17-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm sure that helped the two that went to prison.

Different charges from the Feds....and that trial came AFTER the riots.

DBroncos4life
06-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Different charges from the Feds....and that trial came AFTER the riots.

They went to JAIL.....hence why I said I hope that training paid off.

After the riots, the United States Department of Justice reinstated the investigation and obtained an indictment of violations of federal civil rights against the four officers in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. The federal trial focused more on the evidence as to the training of officers instead of just relying on the videotape of the incident. On March 9 of the 1993 trial, King took the witness stand and described to the jury the events as he remembered them.[30] The jury found Officer Laurence Powell and Sergeant Stacey Koon guilty, and they were subsequently sentenced to 32 months in prison, while Timothy Wind and Theodore Briseño were acquitted of all charges.[6]

myMind
06-17-2012, 09:22 PM

I assume you've seen the video, and you still think he deserved to be beaten like that huh? Taken down forcefully sure, but beaten and tazed repeatedly, not so much. I hope that's what you meant.

lonestar
06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Aw bull****!

When folks want a reason to riot they will.. Lots of free TV's went out broken windows those nights..

Should there have been some punishment given out sure.. I;d guess those police did not rise in rank very much after that..

Was there racism going on inside the LAPD of course there was.. When most of the crime is being committed by Blacks, Hispanics and Asians it is hard not to profile.. Frankly they would be stupid not to..

yerner
06-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I liked him in Celeb rehab. Seemed like a nice guy when he was sober.

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow Errand, defending the cops who beat King and defending Zimmerman? Hmmm...

baja
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Yep it appears so...

extralife
06-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Keep in mind these cops had no idea they were being videotaped, which means if they were "racist" they'd have killed him

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Regardless of his past, the guy seemed to have turned his life around after rehab (alcohol).

I'm sure we'll see drugs in his system if the toxicology reports are made public. Healthy 47 year old guys don't just drown in their own pool too often, unless they're on something.

baja
06-18-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm sure we'll see drugs in his system if the toxicology reports are made public. Healthy 47 year old guys don't just drown in their own pool too often, unless they're on something.

Maybe he had a heart attack and fell in.

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 07:00 AM
maybe he was wearing these?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/18/article-0-13A9DDEA000005DC-13_634x698.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160977/Adidas-unveiling-new-trainer-orange-shackles-like-worn-black-slaves.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160977/Adidas-unveiling-new-trainer-orange-shackles-like-worn-black-slaves.html

Johnykbr
06-18-2012, 08:14 AM

He has fallen off the wagon quite a few times since that season aired so it wouldn't surprise me. But he did seem like a pretty good guy then. I was rooting for him to totally turn it around and it just didn't happen.

Spider
06-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I have had more then my fair share of run ins with the law ....told more then one to kiss my ass and gott along with others .....Ohio state patrol are the worst ....Biggest collection of polr smoking assholes I have encountered

Smiling Assassin27
06-18-2012, 09:51 AM
RIP. Another sad ending.

DENVERDUI55
06-18-2012, 11:32 AM
How many people died in la riots because of king?

Smilin Assassin
06-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Zero.

He didn't kill anyone that I know of.

baja
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM

You blame King only, really!!

errand
06-18-2012, 12:24 PM

Not "defending" anyone.....just pointing out that people who like to cry racism (like your veiled accusation) generally do without knowing all the facts.....

peacepipe
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Just as the media did in the Rodney King incident, they did in the Trayvon Martin case....they edited the 911 call, leaving out the operator asking Zimmerman if the guy was white, black, or hispanic (I know why didn't they ask if he was Asian?), and Zimmerman responded "He looks black..."That edit of the operator's question made it seem as if Zimmerman said "I'm following this suspicious kid....he looks black" Painting Zimmerman in a racist light....the same when they said he hadn't suffered any injuries....they enhanced the video of him and his head wounds are clearly there....hold your horses,don't even try to compare the two. there is no comparison. it was nbc not ther entire media.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Not "defending" anyone.....just pointing out that people who like to cry racism (like your veiled accusation) generally do without knowing all the facts.....

I don't know you enough to call you a racist. But I did find your comments very interesting.

You are totally defending the LAPD in the King beating, and your comment about the more recent case would lead anybody to believing that you are defending Zimmerman.

Broncos_OTM
06-18-2012, 01:23 PM

hitler Stalin the church as a institution are evil. he was. a pos as rotated above

Broncos_OTM
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I have had more then my fair share of run ins with the law ....told more then one to kiss my ass and gott along with others .....Ohio state patrol are the worst ....Biggest collection of polr smoking a-holes I have encountered

hey spider did you ever stop and ask yourself maybe I'm the asshole and them being a sickness head to them chased this...you get a trophy as a tough guy... but then again everyone gets trophies these days

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 01:46 PM

No.

Yeah, certainly. A 250 lb guy after a high-speed chase wants to fight you, yeah, you can kick his ass. It's not like he was just cruising along and they dragged him out of the car and started beating him up.

Dude came out of the car wanting to fight, and guess what? He got his ass kicked.

WolfpackGuy
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Do 4 clubs still beat a king in LA?

I think that's how the old joke went.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't know you enough to call you a racist. But I did find your comments very interesting.

You are totally defending the LAPD in the King beating, and your comment about the more recent case would lead anybody to believing that you are defending Zimmerman.

If it was the LAPD beating the hell out of some Hell's Angel for a King-like offense, would you care?

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 02:36 PM
If it was the LAPD beating the hell out of some Hell's Angel for a King-like offense, would you care?

If the situation was the same, meaning that they had the guy handcuffed and on the ground, then the cops would still be wrong.

After reading that King beat his wife and robbed a store in the years before the LAPD beating, I don't think he was a good guy at all. He was a really bad guy. And I'm not going to act like he was the person to bring about change with the LAPD. None of it was him. The incident, which brought about change, was much greater than he was. Actually, he was a guy who did nothing right and he was really doing a whole lot of wrong, but because the police did something horrible it made him into a victim. He was still a bad guy.

Nobody deserves that, no matter what race they are and what crime they committed (well, I think a lot of use would turn a blind eye to the cops doing that to a child molester, which really wouldn't be right either). If the police have to use some force to take a guy down, so be it. We have to allow them to do their jobs. I don't think anybody is arguing against that. But seeing what the LAPD did, cops shouldn't be able to beat somebody just because they have a badge on.

houghtam
06-18-2012, 02:58 PM
If the situation was the same, meaning that they had the guy handcuffed and on the ground, then the cops would still be wrong.

After reading that King beat his wife and robbed a store in the years before the LAPD beating, I don't think he was a good guy at all. He was a really bad guy. And I'm not going to act like he was the person to bring about change with the LAPD. None of it was him. The incident, which brought about change, was much greater than he was. Actually, he was a guy who did nothing right and he was really doing a whole lot of wrong, but because the police did something horrible it made him into a victim. He was still a bad guy.

Nobody deserves that, no matter what race they are and what crime they committed (well, I think a lot of use would turn a blind eye to the cops doing that to a child molester, which really wouldn't be right either). If the police have to use some force to take a guy down, so be it. We have to allow them to do their jobs. I don't think anybody is arguing against that. But seeing what the LAPD did, cops shouldn't be able to beat somebody just because they have a badge on.

Agree 100%.

The police acted as the executioner of the law without a trial even taking place. Then, just as it would have been now, unreasonable force was used (abused). Regardless of their personal feelings on the matter, the police are paid to enforce the law, not to take it into their own hands.

With cops like them on the streets, who needs criminals?

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 03:24 PM

They didn't have him handcuffed on the ground giving him a beating. 250 lb dude just woudn't stay down. He was drugged up and they were full of adrenaline just like him. He was wrong and the cops should not have to get their hands dirty in a case like that. Dude deserved an ass-kicking and he got one.

If my own brother pulled that kind of crap and got his ass kicked like that I'd tell him, "Well, you brought it on yourself ya moron, you're crying to deaf ears here. You're lucky they didn't break some bones, they only went after soft tissue."

houghtam
06-18-2012, 03:49 PM
They didn't have him handcuffed on the ground giving him a beating. 250 lb dude just woudn't stay down. He was drugged up and they were full of adrenaline just like him. He was wrong and the cops should not have to get their hands dirty in a case like that. Dude deserved an ass-kicking and he got one.

If my own brother pulled that kind of crap and got his ass kicked like that I'd tell him, "Well, you brought it on yourself ya moron, you're crying to deaf ears here. You're lucky they didn't break some bones, they only went after soft tissue."

???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

The officers later testified that they believed King was under the influence of the dissociative drug phencyclidine (PCP).[18] King's toxicology results tested negative for PCP.[19]

Blood and urine samples taken from King five hours after his arrest showed that he could be presumed intoxicated under California law. The tests also showed traces of marijuana (26 ng/ml), but no indication of PCP or any other illegal drug.

The police were absolutely right to bring him down the way they did. They were absolutely wrong to continue beating him down the way they did. To my knowledge, there is no law that says "if a suspect comes at you once, you have the right to beat him within an inch of his life." There is such thing as excessive force, and it's not limited to shooting someone who is unarmed.

Look at the tape. Regardless of what happened before the video and how much adrenaline they had coursing through their bodies that night, there is a certain point very early on in the video where you have to think "okay, he's had enough." Yet they kept going, and it cost them. And rightfully so.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 03:57 PM

You're right! Rodney King was wrong. But that doesn't mean that the cops were in the right for what they did. The cops were wrong and needed to be prosecuted for that. I'm figuring that the charges were dropped against King, which should not have happened. He should have still been charged with what ever crime that he had just committed.

I have an issue with calling a person who contributes to their own demise a victim. To use another famous case as an example, from the story that I heard from the Chris Brown/Rihanna case, she hit him first, which led to him attempting to kill her. She's viewed as a victim while he is pretty much the scum of the earth. I agree that he is scum of the earth, and he should have been put in jail for that, but I never viewed her as a victim because if the reports are right, she started the whole thing. She should have been arrested too. I don't feel too bad for her. But even though she broke the law by hitting him and started the whole thing, that doesn't mean that she deserved to be nearly killed by Brown. If he popped her back, he would have been wrong, but I can understand. But what he did, dude, WTF?!?!

That's kind of similar to the King beating. I'm not about to act like he was a victim, because he was breaking the law before he was pulled out of the car, and it appears that he resisted arrest. So he is clearly in the wrong. But does that give the police a green light to beat the crap out of him? Hell no. I'm all in favor for them to use the amount of force to get him in the car, but nothing more than that. From what I saw in the video, that wasn't them trying to gain control of the situation to complete the arrest, that was just an ass beating. Sorry, the cops can't deliver an ass beating. Even if a crook is resisting arrest, that does not mean that he should get his ass beat by the cops. The cops should do what they need to do, and that's it. In the King beating, those cops went way past what they needed to do.

houghtam
06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry, the cops can't deliver an ass beating. Even if a crook is resisting arrest, that does not mean that he should get his ass beat by the cops. The cops should do what they need to do, and that's it. In the King beating, those cops went way past what they needed to do.

There is a reason cops aren't taught "ass beating techniques" and are instead taught holds, disarms, and pressure points.

Archer81
06-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I find it hard to empathize with the death of a miserable human being, one who had something ****ty happen to them earlier in life. The one ****ty incident does not erase the fact that King was a prick.

:Broncos:

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 04:20 PM
There is a reason cops aren't taught "ass beating techniques" and are instead taught holds, disarms, and pressure points.

Yep, the cops are taught how to deal with this type of situation, and it is not by taking a club to a guy's head over and over and over. Those cops were pissed off and decided to unload on King. Even though King was clearly in the wrong, he didn't deserve all that.

I find it hard to empathize with the death of a miserable human being, one who had something ****ty happen to them earlier in life. The one ****ty incident does not erase the fact that King was a prick.

That's the way I see it too. A bad thing happened to a bad guy. The beating does not give King a pass for being a bad guy, and King being a bad guy doesn't justify the beating.

baja
06-18-2012, 04:22 PM

not according his neighbors

people can and do change ya know.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

The police were absolutely right to bring him down the way they did. They were absolutely wrong to continue beating him down the way they did. To my knowledge, there is no law that says "if a suspect comes at you once, you have the right to beat him within an inch of his life." There is such thing as excessive force, and it's not limited to shooting someone who is unarmed.

Look at the tape. Regardless of what happened before the video and how much adrenaline they had coursing through their bodies that night, there is a certain point very early on in the video where you have to think "okay, he's had enough." Yet they kept going, and it cost them. And rightfully so.

Dude led them on a high-speed chase, then jumped out of the car and challenged them to fight him. And he got his ass kicked. Pretty simple. He had no broken bones after this beating. It LOOKED like a major beating, but it wasn't. A major beating results in broken bones.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM

Back then not so sure.. Today they are..

Not sure when it happened but there was a choke hold to make a person black out, it was discontinued after they found out that certain races were more likely to die while having it done to them..

Again not sure if that was before or after king IIRC it was also something that happened in LA..

As far as someone saying he was tasered , Pretty sure tasers in LAPD were not in use in 1991.. I could be wrong about that most did not go into Police service till mid to late 90's IIRC.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Well there you go being logical again.. While others have their panties ina wad..

Shame on you..

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 04:33 PM
You're right! Rodney King was wrong. But that doesn't mean that the cops were in the right for what they did. The cops were wrong and needed to be prosecuted for that. I'm figuring that the charges were dropped against King, which should not have happened. He should have still been charged with what ever crime that he had just committed.

I have an issue with calling a person who contributes to their own demise a victim. To use another famous case as an example, from the story that I heard from the Chris Brown/Rihanna case, she hit him first, which led to him attempting to kill her. She's viewed as a victim while he is pretty much the scum of the earth. I agree that he is scum of the earth, and he should have been put in jail for that, but I never viewed her as a victim because if the reports are right, she started the whole thing. She should have been arrested too. I don't feel too bad for her. But even though she broke the law by hitting him and started the whole thing, that doesn't mean that she deserved to be nearly killed by Brown. If he popped her back, he would have been wrong, but I can understand. But what he did, dude, WTF?!?!

That's kind of similar to the King beating. I'm not about to act like he was a victim, because he was breaking the law before he was pulled out of the car, and it appears that he resisted arrest. So he is clearly in the wrong. But does that give the police a green light to beat the crap out of him? Hell no. I'm all in favor for them to use the amount of force to get him in the car, but nothing more than that. From what I saw in the video, that wasn't them trying to gain control of the situation to complete the arrest, that was just an ass beating. Sorry, the cops can't deliver an ass beating. Even if a crook is resisting arrest, that does not mean that he should get his ass beat by the cops. The cops should do what they need to do, and that's it. In the King beating, those cops went way past what they needed to do.

Hey, if you don't submit to 3 cops they're gonna beat the crap out of you, that's how it goes. Especially if you're a 250 pounder that wants to fight right from the get go. The cops aren't gonna take an injury trying to subdue you. They want to go home injury-free not all scraped up because they had to subdue some bruiser.

Cops shouldn't be expected to get their ass kicked to avoid hurting a guy that wants to fight them in the first place.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Well there you go being logical again.. While others have their panties ina wad..

Shame on you..

Wait, so something is logical when you agree with it? Are you saying the opposite argument is not logical?

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Wait, so something is logical when you agree with it? Are you saying the opposite argument is not logical?

so far IMO you have not done anything but whine about poor rodney..

which is not a logical arguement..

CP made a statement that you can't refute.. or have not yet..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey, if you don't submit to 3 cops they're gonna beat the crap out of you, that's how it goes. Especially if you're a 250 pounder that wants to fight right from the get go. The cops aren't gonna take an injury trying to subdue you. They want to go home injury-free not all scraped up because they had to subdue some bruiser.

Cops shouldn't be expected to get their ass kicked to avoid hurting a guy that wants to fight them in the first place.

Can hardly wait to hear a logical answer to this one..:thumbsup:

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM

Well actually, that's not how it goes, because the cops were all convicted in a second trial if I'm remembering right. Society does not tolerate that type of police behavior anymore. Again, nobody is saying that the cops should not be able to use force to do their jobs, but there is a line.

After the cops had King down I don't think they were in harms way. After that, it was just an ass beating.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
so far IMO you have not done anything but whine about poor rodney..

which is not a logical arguement..

CP made a statement that you can't refute.. or have not yet..

You must not be reading what I am saying but you are filling in my point of view. I find that pretty annoying.

I've stated that King was in the wrong, I do not find people who contribute to their own demise as victims, and that he was a bad guy. I'm obviously not on King's side.

What is not logical about any of that?

I have also stated that the police should be able to use force. The issue is when does force needed to complete an arrest stop and then becomes excessive force, and is excessive force justified or not? In my opinion, what they cops did went beyond force needed to complete the arrest, and it was excessive to the point that it was just an ass beating.

So, what is not logical about any of that? Just because you do not agree with something does not make it illogical. I'd say calling something illogical simply because you do not agree with it is illogical.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Well actually, that's not how it goes, because the cops were all convicted in a second trial if I'm remembering right. Society does not tolerate that type of police behavior anymore. Again, nobody is saying that the cops should not be able to use force to do their jobs, but there is a line.

After the cops had King down I don't think they were in harms way. After that, it was just an ass beating.

Well, yeah, they crossed the line just a little tiny bit. But you have to figure the dude challenged them to a fight. After leading them on a highspeed chase that could have killed many people. Dude came out of the car after a highspeed chase and challenged them to fight. And he got his ass kicked. Would you expect a different outcome if you acted the same way? Maybe they went to far, maybe, but the dude deserved a bigtime ass kicking.

You expect the cops to hold off from that last little bit of ass kicking, but ...... that's hard to do.

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 05:13 PM
You must not be reading what I am saying but you are filling in my point of view. I find that pretty annoying.

I've stated that King was in the wrong, I do not find people who contribute to their own demise as victims, and that he was a bad guy. I'm obviously not on King's side.

What is not logical about any of that?

I have also stated that the police should be able to use force. The issue is when does force needed to complete an arrest stop and then becomes excessive force, and is excessive force justified or not? In my opinion, what they cops did went beyond force needed to complete the arrest, and it was excessive to the point that it was just an ass beating.

So, what is not logical about any of that? Just because you do not agree with something does not make it illogical. I'd say calling something illogical simply because you do not agree with it is illogical.

It wasn't just an arrest stop, though.

DENVERDUI55
06-18-2012, 05:31 PM
He had the beating coming. Now did the cops go over the limit a little? Yes, but he added the fuel to the fire. He deserved that beating though for beating on women his whole life.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Well, yeah, they crossed the line just a little tiny bit. But you have to figure the dude challenged them to a fight. After leading them on a highspeed chase that could have killed many people. Dude came out of the car after a highspeed chase and challenged them to fight. And he got his ass kicked. Would you expect a different outcome if you acted the same way? Maybe they went to far, maybe, but the dude deserved a bigtime ass kicking.

You expect the cops to hold off from that last little bit of ass kicking, but ...... that's hard to do.

You don't go to the pen for crossing the line just a little tiny bit. :giggle:

He didn't kill anyone so....They went to jail he got a butt load of money from the state because of them just going a tiny little bit over the line in your eyes. :thumbs: Sounds like they really learned him a lesson!!! :~ohyah!:

Cito Pelon
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
You don't go to the pen for crossing the line just a little tiny bit. :giggle:

He didn't kill anyone so....They went to jail he got a butt load of money from the state because of them just going a tiny little bit over the line in your eyes. :thumbs: Sounds like they really learned him a lesson!!! :~ohyah!:

I think we all got a learning a little bit with that episode of American life.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 06:34 PM

that was the key. ANYMORE..

At that time it was more or less the standard.. Was it right ?

Many thought they did what they had to do to subdue him.. and were acquitted by a jury of their peers..

but then the feds stepped in and charged them with something else..

was that right?

Did it change the way Police did their jobs?

Just exactly where would you as a cops decided your life was not in danger..

that my friend is a slippery slope..

The minute law enforcement have to stop and think about what is enough or should I shoot, someone may get killed..

errand
06-18-2012, 07:27 PM

why would you find my opinion of the facts presented to me and any video I personally watched very interesting? It's just one man's opinion. i guess you're trying to imply that by being caucasian, and having the opinion that King was not a victim and pointing out that Zimmerman's 911 call was intentionally edited makes me a racist somehow?

OK...whatever dude. Now tell me how you being black, and you defending King and Trayvon's actions doesn't make you racist?

just like 99% of americans i was appalled at the snippet of video released and shown a million times of the cops beating Rodney King with batons.....until I watched the the entire video of the king incident..and having a relative that was in law enforcement, and talking to other cops, and reading and seeing documentaries on police training, I made a more informed opinion of what happened.

He got out of the car...acted like a ****ing weirdo, lunged towards the officers and resisted arrest....he was bigger than any one of the cops...and weighed about 250 lbs...not to mention he acted like he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol....the other two passengers complied with the officer's directives and were arrested without incident....Rodney did not and was subsequently "swarmed" upon and was hit until he finally was subdued.

He was not profiled....he was not the victim of racist cops (as evidenced by the other two blacks not being beaten)....he was nothing more than a drunk guy driving like he was drunk....and he even admitted he ran from the original state troopers because he figured a DUI charge would violate his parole/probation. It's not like he was pulled over for a faulty tail light or expired tag....he was a drunk driver, who could have killed or seriously injured someone. He resisted arrest, and got exactly what he deserved for being the dirt bag he acted like.

As for the Zimmerman case...he'll have his day in court. He's been charged with 2nd degree murder. And if the facts prove he did indeed murder the kid, then he should be fried in the electric chair. However I think it is a miscarriage of justice that he has already been convicted by the media clowns at NBC and some civil rights leaders like Al Sharpton and even some politicians. That edited 911 call left out information that when heard makes it seem as if Zimmerman targeted Trayvon soley because he was black...but the entire 911 proves that not to be the case. He was asked by the operator what ethnicity the guy he was following was....NBC also reported Zimmerman had no injuries, but an enhanced video of him arriving at the police station showed he did indeed suffer injuries to his head...and the autopsy of Trayvon showed that Trayvon had abrasions on his knuckles...indicating that he struck Zimmerman.

Now whether or not Trayvon or Zimmerman acted in self defense remains to be seen...but the 911 call unedited proves Zimmerman wasn't acting as some racist Klansman from the movie Betrayed hunting Trayvon...and his injuries and the abrasions on Trayvon's knuckles lend credence to zimmerman's version of the events.

I have faith in the forensic scientists, and they can tell from what angle Trayvon was shot, and at what distance....if he was murdered then the evidence will most likely prove it...and if he wasn't, it will also be because the evidence proved that as well.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
I think we all got a learning a little bit with that episode of American life.

Just like prior to the sixties it was OK for southern white folk to beat on blacks and for the POlice to look the other way..

things change..

not sure why kiddies who were in diapers or a gleam in their daddies eye have a clue on life and how things were done in the past..

and to hear them condemn folks because the standards at the time were not broken but they would be today is beyond my thought process.

king deserved to have his ass kicked for resisting.

he deserved to be stopped for drunk driving and speeding..

not sure what all the hoopla is about..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 07:34 PM
why would you find my opinion of the facts presented to me and any video I personally watched very interesting? It's just one man's opinion. i guess you're trying to imply that by being caucasian, and having the opinion that King was not a victim and pointing out that Zimmerman's 911 call was intentionally edited makes me a racist somehow?

OK...whatever dude. Now tell me how you being black, and you defending King and Trayvon's actions doesn't make you racist?

just like 99% of americans i was appalled at the snippet of video released and shown a million times of the cops beating Rodney King with batons.....until I watched the the entire video of the king incident..and having a relative that was in law enforcement, and talking to other cops, and reading and seeing documentaries on police training, I made a more informed opinion of what happened.

He got out of the car...acted like a ****ing weirdo, lunged towards the officers and resisted arrest....he was bigger than any one of the cops...and weighed about 250 lbs...not to mention he acted like he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol....the other two passengers complied with the officer's directives and were arrested without incident....Rodney did not and was subsequently "swarmed" upon and was hit until he finally was subdued.

He was not profiled....he was not the victim of racist cops (as evidenced by the other two blacks not being beaten)....he was nothing more than a drunk guy driving like he was drunk....and he even admitted he ran from the original state troopers because he figured a DUI charge would violate his parole/probation. It's not like he was pulled over for a faulty tail light or expired tag....he was a drunk driver, who could have killed or seriously injured someone. He resisted arrest, and got exactly what he deserved for being the dirt bag he acted like.

As for the Zimmerman case...he'll have his day in court. He's been charged with 2nd degree murder. And if the facts prove he did indeed murder the kid, then he should be fried in the electric chair. However I think it is a miscarriage of justice that he has already been convicted by the media clowns at NBC and some civil rights leaders like Al Sharpton and even some politicians. That edited 911 call left out information that when heard makes it seem as if Zimmerman targeted Trayvon soley because he was black...but the entire 911 proves that not to be the case. He was asked by the operator what ethnicity the guy he was following was....NBC also reported Zimmerman had no injuries, but an enhanced video of him arriving at the police station showed he did indeed suffer injuries to his head...and the autopsy of Trayvon showed that Trayvon had abrasions on his knuckles...indicating that he struck Zimmerman.

Now whether or not Trayvon or Zimmerman acted in self defense remains to be seen...but the 911 call unedited proves Zimmerman wasn't acting as some racist Klansman from the movie Betrayed hunting Trayvon...and his injuries and the abrasions on Trayvon's knuckles lend credence to zimmerman's version of the events.

I have faith in the forensic scientists, and they can tell from what angle Trayvon was shot, and at what distance....if he was murdered then the evidence will most likely prove it...and if he wasn't, it will also be because the evidence proved that as well.

Good logical post.. :thumbsup:

errand
06-18-2012, 07:34 PM

the cops didn't strike him once they had him in handcuffs...the beating was how they were finally able to put the cuffs on him.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 07:35 PM
the cops didn't strike him once they had him in handcuffs...the beating was how they were finally able to put the cuffs on him.

lets not let actual facts get in the way..

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
that was the key. ANYMORE..

At that time it was more or less the standard.. Was it right ?

Many thought they did what they had to do to subdue him.. and were acquitted by a jury of their peers..

but then the feds stepped in and charged them with something else..

was that right?

Did it change the way Police did their jobs?

Just exactly where would you as a cops decided your life was not in danger..

that my friend is a slippery slope..

The minute law enforcement have to stop and think about what is enough or should I shoot, someone may get killed..

I would not consider this as standard police work in 1991, even though it did go on. If this were pre 1960s, then it would have flown under the radar, even if it were caught on tape. But by the 90s that stuff wasn't cool.

I'm not a cop, so it is hard for me to say when their lives are not in danger, so I can only speculate on what I would do. I'd imagine that I'd feel safe when he was handcuffed and on the ground. No need to whack him in the head over and over.

Just to let you know that I am not against police officers using force, I was channel surfing and ended up on World's Wildest Police Videos on Spike TV. They showed a cop who had walked into a store being robbed. The robber did not appear to have a gun, but he had a mask on and was demanding the money. The cop pulled out his gun and stuck it to the side of the guy's head and demanded him to the floor. The robber pushed the gun away and got into a wresting match with the cop. The cop then puts his gun away and fights the guy. The robber was getting the best of the cop in the fight until the store clerk jumped in. In my opinion, the cop should not have put his gun away. He should have shot the guy. Back up wasn't there, he doesn't know what kind of weapon the guy has, and the guy is attacking him. In that case anything the officer did wouldn't be considered excessive force to me. But lets say that after the clerk helps him out and he cuffs the guy and then starts beating his ass, yeah, that's now excessive force.

They just showed another video. A guy attacks a cop car with a bat. The cop in the car yells at him to put the bat down, but the guy keeps hitting the car with the bat, cracking the windshield. The cop shoots the guy. Yeah, he had that one coming.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 07:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uj0mtxXEGE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Good logical post.. :thumbsup:

There you go again. Anything you agree with is logical, anything that's not on your side of the argument just couldn't be.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Dude led them on a high-speed chase, then jumped out of the car and challenged them to fight him. And he got his ass kicked. Pretty simple. He had no broken bones after this beating. It LOOKED like a major beating, but it wasn't. A major beating results in broken bones.

I just read the Wikipedia page, and it said:

"King was taken to Pacifica Hospital immediately after his arrest. He suffered a fractured facial bone, a broken right ankle, and numerous bruises and lacerations."

After reading the report on that page, I can understand why there was an altercation with King, and because of his behavior, I can understand force being needed to get him cuffed. But it seemed like the police could have put him in cuffs without hitting him 56 times with batons. He was already shot with the taser, he was hit in the face once with the baton in the face, and then he was on the ground. Why not cuff him then? What was the point in beating him so much before they cuffed him? That's the problem.

lonestar
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I just read the Wikipedia page, and it said:

"King was taken to Pacifica Hospital immediately after his arrest. He suffered a fractured facial bone, a broken right ankle, and numerous bruises and lacerations."

After reading the report on that page, I can understand why there was an altercation with King, and because of his behavior, I can understand force being needed to get him cuffed. But it seemed like the police could have put him in cuffs without hitting him 56 times with batons. He was already shot with the taser, he was hit in the face once with the baton in the face, and then he was on the ground. Why not cuff him then? What was the point in beating him so much before they cuffed him? That's the problem.

Pretty sure that tasers were not in use at that time.. at least in the LAPD..

and even if he had been while the taser is working you are not going to be touching him to slap cuffs on him..

lonestar
06-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I would not consider this as standard police work in 1991, even though it did go on. If this were pre 1960s, then it would have flown under the radar, even if it were caught on tape. But by the 90s that stuff wasn't cool.

I'm not a cop, so it is hard for me to say when their lives are not in danger, so I can only speculate on what I would do. I'd imagine that I'd feel safe when he was handcuffed and on the ground. No need to whack him in the head over and over.

Were you even alive in the early 90's..

Because trust me when I say this that was pretty much the standard at the time to subdue someone on drugs..

At the time I knew lots of LAPD and to a man white and black they said they would have done the same thing..

God forbid one of those cops would have been a female.. God only knows what could have happened to her..

That kind of thing is why since the mid 60's it became SOP for them to have a partner in the car while on patrol..

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM

Notice that I did not call you a racist at any point, and I even said that I do not know you enough to make that claim, which is why I never made the claim. I think it is pretty bold to call somebody a racist, so a person better be right before throwing that one out.

Am I defending King? Have you been reading what I've posted. Like I said earlier, I find it annoying when somebody does not read what I post, then tells me what my position is.

I have stated that King was a bad guy and that he was in the wrong that night. He was a complete moron for the way that he was acting, and I have even stated that I do not view him as a victim because he contributed to his own demise that night.

So please stop with the BS that I'm defending King. People tend to think that if a person is not on one side of the argument, they must be on the other side. I have never stated or implied that I'm on King's side of the argument.

King was in the wrong, but that does not mean that the officers were in the right. You mean to tell me that it takes a group of officers a taser gun and 56 blows from a baton to cuff one guy? I can understand the taser. I can understand the first blow from the baton. Now he's on the ground. How about cuffing him at that point? Oh no, they had to beat his ass first. That's what that really was.

Sorry, but those cops were so in the wrong it isn't even funny.

Like I stated before, they shouldn't of even dropped the charges against King, which I'm assuming that they did. His ass should have went to jail for the high speed chase and resisting arrest, and the cops too for beating his ass. Both sides were wrong.

As for the Martin killing, dude had an ice tea and some skittles while being followed by a guy with a gun. C'mon son! Put that guy in jail.

Garcia Bronco
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM

They were aquitted at the state level, but the feds stepped in and two went to prison for "civil rights" violations. The other two were aquitted.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Pretty sure that tasers were not in use at that time.. at least in the LAPD..

and even if he had been while the taser is working you are not going to be touching him to slap cuffs on him..

The article stated that the cops used the taser! Were you alive in 1991?

lets not let actual facts get in the way..

Yeah, lets not.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Were you even alive in the early 90's..

Because trust me when I say this that was pretty much the standard at the time to subdue someone on drugs..

At the time I knew lots of LAPD and to a man white and black they said they would have done the same thing..

God forbid one of those cops would have been a female.. God only knows what could have happened to her..

That kind of thing is why since the mid 60's it became SOP for them to have a partner in the car while on patrol..

Just because it was standard does not mean that it was right or acceptable. If it was acceptable then why was there such a huge problem after the video came out? Because that was not acceptable police work. I bet if they knew that they were being recorded they wouldn't have beat him down like that. He would have been cuffed much sooner without much of a problem.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-18-2012, 08:45 PM
As for the Martin killing, dude had an ice tea and some skittles while being followed by a guy with a gun. C'mon son! Put that guy in jail.

Clearly that's exactly what happened an in no way will this story become a total repeat of the Rodney King story.

Garcia Bronco
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
I saw my dad have to subdue a couple of drunk kids as a police officer working a public event. It was scary for me. He never threw anyone a beating that I know of, but he was a police officer in a different time. Its hard to put yourself in those shoes and understand that anytime they goto work, they might not make it back.

houghtam
06-18-2012, 09:36 PM
They were aquitted at the state level, but the feds stepped in and two went to prison for "civil rights" violations. The other two were aquitted.

Yeah, those pesky "civil rights"...Who needs 'em, anyway? Just another excuse to weaken 'Murrica. THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOM YALL.

HAT
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
I wonder what Kelly Thomas's folks think of this here thread?

Asshole cops are asshole cops and asshole criminals are asshole criminals. Black, white, LA, or Fullerton....It doesn't matter.

Get over it people.

Natedogg
06-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Just like prior to the sixties it was OK for southern white folk to beat on blacks and for the POlice to look the other way..

? ? ? ! ! !

Thanks for taking the time to refute the "Good Ole Boys" and their sliding scale of "justice" Jason in LA.

Though I doubt it will do any good.

Turd_Ferguson
06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
And in other news, the news of Rodney King's death sparks race riots on football forum Orange Mane..

yerner
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
honky's still defend the rodney king beating?

El Jué
06-18-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't know if it'll turn out that the substances killed Mr. King, but they sure as hell weakened him and inflicted ongoing damage on him and the people who loved him. Get some rest, big fella.

I'll let y'all choke on the beating and the riots and the race ****.

cutthemdown
06-18-2012, 11:45 PM
I'll never forget driving home from my brothers place in burbank wondering why are these black kids on the side of the freeway throwing things. Then I started to see the fires burning as I went through LA on the 5 back to Long Beach. Crazy times for us Angelinos.

lonestar
06-19-2012, 12:29 AM
The article stated that the cops used the taser! Were you alive in 1991?

Yeah, lets not.

yes was alive, the info originally based my info on was this..

In 1993, Rick Smith and his brother Thomas began to investigate what they called "safer use of force option[s] for citizens and law enforcement". At their Scottsdale, Arizona facilities, the brothers worked with the "... original TASER inventor, Jack Cover" to develop a "non-firearm TASER electronic control device".[18] The 1994 AIR TASER Model 34000 had an "anti-felon identification (AFID) system" to prevent the likelihood that the device would be used by criminals; upon use, it released many small pieces of paper containing the serial number of the Taser device

but then further into that article I saw this..

In 1991, a Taser supplied by Tasertron to the Los Angeles Police Department failed to subdue Rodney King – even after he was shot twice with the device – causing officers to believe he was on PCP.[62] Its lack of effectiveness was blamed on a faulty battery.[63]

Never having one used on me I was not completely informed as to the info..

even though the article said one was used, we know not everything written on the internet is accurate..

errand
06-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Notice that I did not call you a racist at any point, and I even said that I do not know you enough to make that claim, which is why I never made the claim. I think it is pretty bold to call somebody a racist, so a person better be right before throwing that one out.

Just because you didn't say "you're a racist" doesn't mean you weren't immediately thinking it or accusing me of it....afterall why else would you have found my comments "defending" the police and Zimmerman "interesting"?

Am I defending King? Have you been reading what I've posted. Like I said earlier, I find it annoying when somebody does not read what I post, then tells me what my position is.

I didn't defend the police or Zimmerman either, but it didn't stop you from saying I was. I pointed out that after watching the entire King video, and reading the facts stated in the case that the cops were justified in whooping his ass until he stopped resisting arrest. I also pointed out that a news agency edited the 911 call of Zimmerman, basically making seem as if he was a racist stalking a black kid he wanted to kill for kicks.....All i did was point out that if all you heard or saw was the 20 seconds of video or that edited 911 call...you would come to the same conclusions you have....that the cops went overboard and Trayvon was murdered in cold blood by an overzealous neighborhood watch captain. sorry, but in my opinion the evidence in it's entirety doesn't come to that conclusion.

I have stated that King was a bad guy and that he was in the wrong that night. He was a complete moron for the way that he was acting, and I have even stated that I do not view him as a victim because he contributed to his own demise that night.

If you don't view him as a victim, then why the alligator tears for the unjust treatment you claim he received at the hands of brutal LAPD officers? Had he complied with the officers he wouldn't have been beaten....it's just that simple

So please stop with the BS that I'm defending King. People tend to think that if a person is not on one side of the argument, they must be on the other side. I have never stated or implied that I'm on King's side of the argument.

You might not have stated it....but you did imply it. you probably think racism runs rampant throughout police departments nationwide

King was in the wrong, but that does not mean that the officers were in the right. You mean to tell me that it takes a group of officers a taser gun and 56 blows from a baton to cuff one guy? I can understand the taser. I can understand the first blow from the baton. Now he's on the ground. How about cuffing him at that point? Oh no, they had to beat his ass first. That's what that really was.

you do realize that had he stopped resisting at anytime during the beating it would've stopped right? Had he initially complied with the cops, he wouldn't have been beaten....the other two guys in the car provide proof of that...nothing happened to them because they complied. Had Rodney complied after being tasered, he wouldn't have been beaten.....but he didn't comply. Had he complied after the smack to the face, he wouldn't have been hit 55 more times...but he didn't. In all honesty these cops gave that stupid bastard not one, two or three chances to comply and stop resisting....no they gave him almost 60 chances to comply.

Sorry, but those cops were so in the wrong it isn't even funny.

they were not wrong...they did their job the way they were trained to do it.....yeah rodney was beaten, due to his own stupidity

Like I stated before, they shouldn't of even dropped the charges against King, which I'm assuming that they did. His ass should have went to jail for the high speed chase and resisting arrest, and the cops too for beating his ass. Both sides were wrong.

sorry, but the news media showing only the 20 second snippet of video 1000 times an hour caused a public stir mainly in the black community....and it painted the cops in a bad light.

OK...first off, zimmerman has the right to carry a concealed weapon....He was also named neighborhood watch captain by those in the community that took interest in having one. so you're saying that if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was punching him in the face or banging his head on the street (keep in mind that evidence of Zimmerman's injuries and Trayvon's knuckle abrasions say this is what probably happened), zimmerman shouldn't be allowed to defend himself?

how about this...instead of Trayvon attacking Zimmerman...why not ask him, "you following me"? That more than likely would've prompted zimmerman to inquire what Trayvon was doing there...then Trayvon could have said "Well, i live here, or I'm visiting or I am walking to my Dad's house...he lives on" whatever street he lived on. engaging zimmerman in a conversation about why he was following him would've probably changed the course of that human event

in bold

Beantown Bronco
08-24-2012, 05:55 AM

I want my cookie.

DENVERDUI55
08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
I want my cookie.

Wow so surprising who would of thought. Poor Mr troubled King.

SleepingTiger
08-24-2012, 07:05 AM

hey, easy on the asian thing. I consider myself a very good driver. always signal, look at blind spots and come to complete stop at a stop sign every time. now when i was younger, never signaled, blind spots were for blind people and a stop sign was more like a flashing yellow.

Beantown Bronco
08-24-2012, 07:31 AM
hey, easy on the asian thing. I consider myself a very good driver. always signal, look at blind spots and come to complete stop at a stop sign every time. now when i was younger, never signaled, blind spots were for blind people and a stop sign was more like a flashing yellow.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9aVUoy9r0CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bronco militia
08-24-2012, 08:18 AM
huh....I figured he couldn't swim

broncocalijohn
08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
huh....I figured he couldn't swim

I doubt he would have had a pool. For some in the community, a deep pool could have been like a snake.

Does it surprise anyone that Rodney King, who battled addictions throughout his adulthood, died because of it? Drugs and water do not mix unless you are drinking the water.

Requiem
08-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Exception to the rule, huh Tiger?

I was just calling it from my perspective. I have always heard that generalization before, but now that I've witnessed it first-hand, I sort of see where it comes from. A lot of people are bad drivers. :)

Rock Chalk
08-24-2012, 12:36 PM

I concur with just about everything you say here. This has been my experience. Late teens through mid 20s I was pulled over randomly a lot. Since probably 2000 I have been pulled over exactly twice, and both times I was doing something wrong.