PDA

View Full Version : Some quality thinking from Chargers fans...

COBronc78
06-16-2012, 12:13 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=94310

I have been considering how the Chargers compare positionally with their three division rivals. This is a pretty broad topic and some areas are likely to yield a lot of disagreement and discussion so I figured I would open it up.

Quarterback: Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs

The Chargers are clearly the favorites here and it isn't close. Palmer showed me enough once he became comfortable in Oakland to rank above Peyton, who is a gigantic question mark. Manning very well could put this ranking to shame if he is indeed himself, but I'm not a believer no matter how objective I try to be. Cassel brings up the rear as he has never been better than mediocre since arriving in Kansas City. I'm glad of that too, because an above average QB on that team would be formidable. If the Chargers win the division, it will be because they are the best at the QB position.

Running Back: Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos

Ryan Mathews might have the best individual season this year, but I think KC has the best overall backfield as we know that Charles and Hillis are both capable of big things. Oakland's duo of McFadden and Goodson is pretty decent if the former stays healthy, and the presence of a dynamic receiving threat at FB pushes them past San Diego for me. The Chargers currently have a good young starter ready to break out and a versatile, solid fullback, but not a whole lot beyond it. A youngster may emerge as a good complimentary runner but until that happens, we're at #3 in my eyes. McGahee's on his last leg in Denver and they don't have anyone proven behind him.

Receivers (WR's+TE's): Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos

I give us the nod here for a few reasons. First, while we lack a true #1 WR, all five of the players we carry at the position this year should be able to contribute to the passing game the top 4 have already shown they can produce (i.e. I'm not banking on rookie impact here). Secondly, we easily have the best tight end group in the division... that's not even a discussion. The Chiefs have a lot of talent, but most of it unrealized, with Baldwin not showing much yet and the Fresno State kid just a rookie. If Moeaki stays healthy, they'll have a nice TE pairing with him and Boss. I like the Raiders wide receiver talent as much as anyone in the division (Heyward-Bey, Moore, Ford, Murphey, Criner), but their complete and utter lack of tight end talent hurts them. Denver brings up the rear once again as they only really have two real talents between both WR and TE in Thomas and Decker. The rest of their receivers and tight ends are journeymen.

Offensive Line: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos

Branden Albert was the best left tackle to play a full season in the division last year. Add to that the presence of Eric Winston, Jon Asamoah, and some talented rookies and 2nd year players, and I think the Chiefs are the class of the division for OL right now. The Chargers might end up having a LT to top Albert if all goes according to plan. Besides whom they have the best center. The right side of our line is merely average, but Tyronne Green may well emerge at LG this year. Oakland is a work in progress that could be a lot better soon if Veldheer and Wisniewski continue to progress. They will also need help from Barkdale and their new Utah Ute in a hurry. Their need to depend on really young players at a couple positions hurts their ranking for me. Denver's line has been ridiculously overrated in recent seasons, as Clady, Beadles, and Walton have all struggled. Franklin gets a mulligan as he was a rookie, but Kuper being their best OL isn't a good thing.

Defense to be added.

Defensive Line: Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos

This is hard to evaluate because of the schematic differences, but I can't really think of a better way to approach it at the moment. Richard Seymour is overrated, but Kelly and Bryant are both underrated players. Lamar Houston and Matt Shaughnessy are both solid and getting better. I like the Chargers at #2 because they are so deep. Garay and Thomas are both better than anything KC has at NT and they have a strong mix of veterans and youngsters at 5 technique DE. Potentially all 6 of their players could be at least average starters elsewhere. The Chiefs have two solid ends, but lack a great nose tackle (I'm not a fan of Dontari Poe). In Denver, Dumervil about does it for the Broncos' DL for the time being.

Linebackers: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos

The Chiefs have stars at two of their four starting spots in Johnson and Hali, and an emerging talent in Houston. Their depth leaves something to be desired, but it's hard to argue with the two studs at the top. While SD lacks star power at LB right now, they have plenty of depth and a couple players who could become pro bowlers in time. The Broncos boast Von Miller as an emerging superstar, but Mays isn't a dynamic starter and D.J. Williams' talents are eroding. Oakland is just a mess at the 2nd level right now, though I do believe that Burris will do well there.

Secondary: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos

The Chiefs have three good starters in the back four when healthy. Routt and Flowers are probably the best CB tandem in the division right now, while Berry should pick up right where he left off coming back from injury. The Chargers boast Weddle and two decent players at corner, but Cason and Jammer will need to outplay last year to match the Chiefs' corners. The Raiders have a very respectable safety duo in Huff and Branch, but their cornerbacks are either too old, too young, or not very talented. In Denver, Champ can't keep it up forever and Tracy Porter was pretty awful a year ago. Their safeties are both unproven.

So if low score wins:

Chargers: 14

Chiefs: 13

Raiders: 17

Broncos: 27

So apparently I am really down on Denver this year. I do think that it will be the Chargers and Chiefs all the way down to the wire for the division. But the position scores should really be weighted because, even though the Chiefs score out lowest, our QB being so much better than theirs really throws things back in our favor. I think:

Chargers: 12-4
Chiefs: 10-6
Raiders: 7-9
Broncos: 6-10

In their eyes, we're last in almost every position.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-16-2012, 12:15 PM
I want to meet this genius so I can shake his hand.

Clearly this lad is going places.

theAPAOps5
06-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Can't fix stupid

Ironlung
06-16-2012, 12:31 PM
So... We win 8 games with Tebow, but will only win 6 with Peyton Manning?... Ok. LOL

Cmac821
06-16-2012, 12:42 PM
How do we come in last for secondary? This list is bull****, no way do we finish last in every category

BroncoMan4ever
06-16-2012, 12:47 PM
We suck so bad we will run away with the division. He lost me when he said Palmet showed anything that would lead anyone to think he is better than Peyton

razorwire77
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Chargers go 12-4 playing @NO, Atlanta, Baltimore, @Pitt, Carolina, and @Jets in late December

ROR!

Swedish Extrovert
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
This guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Stuck in Cali
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Can't fix stupid

Exactly!

Houshyamama
06-16-2012, 01:19 PM
adorable

OBF1
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=94310

In their eyes, we're last in almost every position.

Have you considered playing along in the russian roulette thread???

Worse thread content this year, 100 post rule must be observed.

COBronc78
06-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Have you considered playing along in the russian roulette thread???

Worse thread content this year, 100 post rule must be observed.

Lol, thanks for the suggestion. I'll make sure not to listen to it in the future.

errand
06-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Broncos win division going away.....Peyton's gonna show everyone that he's got alot left in the tank....and we can now consistently win games 38-35 if we have to.

broncocalijohn
06-16-2012, 02:30 PM
"The Chargers are clearly the favorites here and it isn't close. Palmer showed me enough once he became comfortable in Oakland to rank above Peyton, who is a gigantic question mark. Manning very well could put this ranking to shame if he is indeed himself, but I'm not a believer no matter how objective I try to be."

Obviously, he was clearly being objective in his whole thread. Let the homer let his fun on his team's thread. He nailed it with Denver bringing up the rear for this coming season. We just needed to read it on the official chargers fan forum website.

Kaylore
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
So... We win 8 games with Tebow, but will only win 6 with Peyton Manning?... Ok. LOL

Come on, man. It's science!

rugbythug
06-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Funny how a Good/Great TE elevates the Chargers Mediocre WR and TE's in His Line of Thinking.

However the Best DE, OLB and CB in the Division leaves us in the Cellar.

orangeatheist
06-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Is it just me, or is everyone else chomping at the bit for the season to begin so we can watch Denver kick our divisional opponents' collective teeth in?

jutang
06-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Funny how a Good/Great TE elevates the Chargers Mediocre WR and TE's in His Line of Thinking.

However the Best DE, OLB and CB in the Division leaves us in the Cellar.

But the third best qb in the afc west will hold us back :rofl:

Bronco Rob
06-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I notice how the charger fan conveniently left off coaching. Norval inherited a 14-2 loaded with talent at almost every position (A team that Dave Shula could have coached to a Super Bowl) and what did he do with that team? Won THREE playoff games in FIVE seasons. The chargers were the class of division for almost half a decade, the window has shut enjoy the memories of what could have and what will never be.

You can thank AJ Smith for putting all his eggs in in turner's basket which became the karmic albatross around his neck. When he fired chokenheimer it was ride or die with old turkey neck...

:thumbs:

Xenos
06-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Broncos win division going away.....Peyton's gonna show everyone that he's got alot left in the tank....and we can now consistently win games 38-35 if we have to.

He may very well do that. But considering that he always has problems against us for some reason even in his prime with Tony Dungy coaching on a better Colts team before last season, it's going to be a close year regardless. Now he's older, coming off a very interesting injury, and playing on presumably worst team than those early Colts and I like our chances. Especially given how well our offseason went.

KCStud
06-16-2012, 06:34 PM
If Rivers plays the way he did before last year, the Chargers will win the division.

Gcver2ver3
06-16-2012, 06:51 PM
If Rivers plays the way he did before last year, the Chargers will win the division.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg299/scaled.php?server=299&filename=coolstorybro.png&res=landing

Bronco Rob
06-16-2012, 07:01 PM

By throwing twenty interceptions?

???

KCStud
06-16-2012, 07:04 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg299/scaled.php?server=299&filename=coolstorybro.png&res=landing

Lol you're right. Maybe I should join the homer brigade that thinks that a team that went 1-5 against winning teams is suddenly superbowl contenders simply because of Peyton Manning. :giggle:

KCStud
06-16-2012, 07:05 PM
By throwing twenty interceptions?

???

Read the post again Rob. "Before last year".

Before last year Rivers had 30 TD's and 13 INT's.

Punisher
06-16-2012, 07:15 PM
To be honest the Chargers do have a good team but a ****ty HC that being said if they had a great HC the skys the limit for that team. So we can all thank this guy for making the Chargers mediocre

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Norv_Turner.JPG/220px-Norv_Turner.JPG

Smilin Assassin
06-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Looks about right to me.

The chargers are 12-4 and Super Bowl contenders every June.

Bacchus
06-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Isn't Norv still their head coach? Just checking.

Gcver2ver3
06-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Lol you're right. Maybe I should join the homer brigade that thinks that a team that went 1-5 against winning teams is suddenly superbowl contenders simply because of Peyton Manning. :giggle:

if you havent noticed what a difference a qb like manning can make, take a look at the 2011 colts season results and then peep the 2010 colts results which was essentially the same team except with peyton manning...

let me know what you find...

KCStud
06-16-2012, 08:24 PM
if you havent noticed what a difference a qb like manning can make, take a look at the 2011 colts season results and then peep the 2010 colts results which was essentially the same team except with peyton manning...

let me know what you find...

I find a team with the 25th ranked defense that played in one of the worst divisions in football. Take a look at what Manning faced that year in his 6 division games.

Jags-28th ranked defense, 28th ranked pass defense
Titans-26th ranked defense, 29th ranked pass defense
Texans-30th ranked defense, dead last in pass defense

Now he's facing good defenses with good secondary's and he isn't playing the 2nd (arguably 1st) hardest schedule in the league with a new team coming off an injury and the 20th best defense that got dominated by elite offenses last season.

So what I find is that the Broncos aren't going to easily win the division...it's going to be tough for any of the AFC West teams to win the division and it's likely going to come down to the final games of the season like last year.

Gcver2ver3
06-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I find a team with the 25th ranked defense that played in one of the worst divisions in football. Take a look at what Manning faced that year in his 6 division games.

Now he's facing good defenses with good secondary's and he isn't playing the 2nd (arguably 1st) hardest schedule in the league with a new team coming off an injury and the 20th best defense that got dominated by elite offenses last season.

So what I find is that the Broncos aren't going to easily win the division...it's going to be tough for any of the AFC West teams to win the division and it's likely going to come down to the final games of the season like last year.
lol... it appears the only homer is you... trying that hard to explain away very simple results...

one team was a playoff team the other earned the top pick in the draft...

excuse it away all you want, but win/loss that big for just ine missing player is phenomenal...

MagicHef
06-16-2012, 08:47 PM
What happened to Bowe?

Bronco Rob
06-16-2012, 08:55 PM

A team that led the league in three and outs by the widest of margins. A vanillia defense that that relied soley on the talent on the field to generate any mommentum thanks to allen's either inability or unwillingness to change his schemes. (Look no further than the Seattle game when he was in New Orleans and the patriots game).

Losing Bunkley a great one-gap defensive tackle hurts as does Dawkins leadership but you seemed to have glossed right over the Bronco second biggest acquistion (only overshowed by signing the biggest free agent in NFL History) and that's Jack Del Rio.

So cut your losses.....

Kaylore
06-16-2012, 09:02 PM
It's hilarious KCStud is in here all the time flapping his gums when he's got Matt Cassel at QB and captain .388 winning percentage as the head coach.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2008/12/romeo-crennel-122808.jpg

Romeo: "Mmurmmermumbllemermumbledurrdurrdurrberdumblechees e doodles."

Press: "What did he say?"

Translator: "He said 'If my winning percentage was a batting average, I'd be awesome!' and then asked for some cheese doodles."

manchambo
06-16-2012, 09:18 PM
I read that entire thread. I had never looked at a Chargers thread before and I honestly think those are the dumbest fans in sports. I think I lost several iq points just reading their comments. I'm goin straight to chiefsplanet to find some more intelligent commentary.

KCStud
06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
"Guys, we were 1-5 against winning teams last year and every good offense we played scored 40 or more points on us, but none of that matters...because we have Peyton Manning."

-Most posters logic on this board

KCStud
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
It's hilarious KCStud is in here all the time flapping his gums when he's got Matt Cassel at QB and captain .388 winning percentage as the head coach.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2008/12/romeo-crennel-122808.jpg

Romeo: "Mmurmmermumbllemermumbledurrdurrdurrberdumblechees e doodles."

Press: "What did he say?"

Translator: "He said 'If my winning percentage was a batting average, I'd be awesome!' and then asked for some cheese doodles."

Didn't that guy beat your team in the last game he coached? In your crib?

maven
06-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Mon. Sept. 10 at Oakland
7:15 p.m. ESPN
Sun. Sept. 16 Tennessee 1:15 p.m CBS
Sun. Sept. 23 Atlanta 1:05 p.m. FOX
Sun. Sept. 30 at Kansas City 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun. Oct. 7 at New Orleans 5:20 p.m. NBC
Mon. Oct. 15 Denver 5:30 p.m. ESPN
BYE WEEK
Sun. Oct. 28 at Cleveland 10:00 a.m. CBS
Thurs. Nov. 1 Kansas City 5:20 p.m. NFLN
Sun. Nov. 11 at Tampa Bay 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun. Nov. 18 at Denver* 1:15 p.m. CBS
Sun. Nov. 25 Baltimore* 1:05 p.m. CBS
Sun. Dec. 2 Cincinnati* 1:15 p.m. CBS
Sun. Dec. 9 at Pittsburgh* 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun. Dec. 16 Carolina* 1:05 p.m. FOX
Sun. Dec. 23 at N.Y. Jets* 5:20 p.m. NBC
Sun. Dec. 30 Oakland* 1:15 p.m. CBS

----------------------------------------------------------

Quick look the Chargers have a good chance going 4-0 and finally get off to a good start. Chargers will be in the playoff race and will compete with Denver for the title. The question is, can both the Broncos/chargers make the playoffs. I think so.

Irish Stout
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Yeah he really out-coached us. The offensive power of KC was SUPREME that day. I hope it carries over for you guys.

Bronco Rob
06-16-2012, 11:05 PM
"Guys, we were 1-5 against winning teams last year and every good offense we played scored 40 or more points on us, but none of that matters...because we have Peyton Manning."

In his career, quarterback Peyton Manning has averaged 26 points a game. During his ten-year head coaching career, John Fox is 39-3 when his team has scored 26 or more points a game.

Bacchus
06-16-2012, 11:30 PM

You forgot Denver also won the division.

broncolife
06-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Stopped reading after the Palmer comment

KO5K
06-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Agree that the Chargers win the division, Broncos finish up second perhaps taking a wildcard if things fall the right way.

If the Chiefs could just find themselves a competent QB they'd run away with the division, but not with the **** they've got playing the position right now.

As for the Raiders, well they're just as irrelevant as ever.

bowtown
06-17-2012, 06:58 AM
In Denver, Champ can't keep it up forever

I love that rival fans have been using this same exact line for the past 5 years.

HILife
06-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Yet, who won the division?

HILife
06-17-2012, 08:40 AM

You do realize that everyone played all the same teams in the division except for two games. Yet, it was still the Broncos won the division. The other teams had just as much chance to win as the Broncos.

Kaylore
06-17-2012, 08:54 AM

:~ohyah!: Really? You're proud of the fact after our coaching staff adjusted, your offense did nothing through the final three quarters? Even after basically punting every possession? And you honestly don't think if Manning plays in that game instead of 6 of 22 for sixty and an interception Tebow, that the outcome is any different?

Lol ok dewd!!!

KCStud
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
You do realize that everyone played all the same teams in the division except for two games. Yet, it was still the Broncos won the division. The other teams had just as much chance to win as the Broncos.

The other teams were devistated with injuries and adversity. Chiefs lost 3 key players and started Tyler Palko for a month and still came from a blocked FG away from winning the division (and beat the Broncos).
The Chargers lost their LT, Gates was hurt most of the time, and Rivers played like crap for the first time in about 5 years.
The Raiders lost DMC, had to get a QB out of retirement off the fly in the middle of the season.

You guys act like the Broncos were head and shoulders above the rest of the division. They weren't.

This year you guys have the hardest schedule in the AFC and I don't expect

DENVERDUI55
06-17-2012, 10:41 AM

It probably never occured to you that maybe the reason those teams pass rankings were so bad was because they played Manning and the Colts 2x a year.

Swedish Extrovert
06-17-2012, 11:11 AM

That's what facing Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub 4 times a year will do to a defense.

KCStud
06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
That's what facing Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub 4 times a year will do to a defense.

But yet Matt Cassel and Tim Tebow had good outings against those same defenses. Try again.

KCStud
06-17-2012, 12:28 PM
:~ohyah!: Really? You're proud of the fact after our coaching staff adjusted, your offense did nothing through the final three quarters? Even after basically punting every possession? And you honestly don't think if Manning plays in that game instead of 6 of 22 for sixty and an interception Tebow, that the outcome is any different?

Lol ok dewd!!!

Like how you left out KC's missing pieces. We beat you with Dexter McCluster as our feature back, a rookie WR who had virtually no practice time all year, and our best receiving threat playing the first half (in which he dominated Champ for 3 20+ yard completions for 93 yards).

KC will be a much different team as well. Getting Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Tony Moeaki and adding Eric Berry to an already 6th ranked passing defense will make a difference.

Manning isn't in a weak division anymore. The AFC West has a lot of talented players and defenses which have made him struggle in the past.

Agamemnon
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
LOL at the notion of Palmer being better than Manning.

Actually LOL at most of his "analysis".

Jetmeck
06-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Is it just me, or is everyone else chomping at the bit for the season to begin so we can watch Denver kick our divisional opponents' collective teeth in?

Hell yeah..................

Jetmeck
06-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Like how you left out KC's missing pieces. We beat you with Dexter McCluster as our feature back, a rookie WR who had virtually no practice time all year, and our best receiving threat playing the first half (in which he dominated Champ for 3 20+ yard completions for 93 yards).

KC will be a much different team as well. Getting Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Tony Moeaki and adding Eric Berry to an already 6th ranked passing defense will make a difference.

Manning isn't in a weak division anymore. The AFC West has a lot of talented players and defenses which have made him struggle in the past.

Yep and Brody Croyle has yet to win an NFL game.............so your
NFL talent evaluation is kinda skewed huh ?

HILife
06-17-2012, 05:36 PM
The other teams were devistated with injuries and adversity. Chiefs lost 3 key players and started Tyler Palko for a month and still came from a blocked FG away from winning the division (and beat the Broncos).
The Chargers lost their LT, Gates was hurt most of the time, and Rivers played like crap for the first time in about 5 years.
The Raiders lost DMC, had to get a QB out of retirement off the fly in the middle of the season.

You guys act like the Broncos were head and shoulders above the rest of the division. They weren't.

This year you guys have the hardest schedule in the AFC and I don't expect

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Who won the division?

cutthemdown
06-17-2012, 11:47 PM
I think the division is wide open. Broncos defense and offense will be better then last yr, but our esteemed rival fans are correct in that our opponents had some injuries which hurt their teams.

You can bet this yr still have some surprises on the injury front once again. With all the teams having holes, and a lack of depth at certain key spots, for anyone to think their team is a shoe in for the division title a little bit of a homer.

Still if Manning really is healing and strong enough to play at a high level the Broncos offense is going to score a lot of points.

Tebow was the worst passer the league ever saw. Orton wasn't good enough for even the Chiefs to keep him and they are not strong at QB. The Broncos haven't had a real qb in quite sometime and because of that we don't know how good our oline and WR might be. Or might not be I guess also. I still think Tebow and Orton started holding the ball too long. With Orton I sometimes though maybe we didn't have people getting open, but who knows. With Manning we will find out how good the WR are really quick.

BroncoMan4ever
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM

this team went 8-8 with a QB that is maybe as awful as Cassel and a FB playing QB. i think Peyton can do better. also our defense which looks to be improved allowed an average of 24 ppg last season. Peyton has averaged 26 ppg over his career and John Fox is something like 39-3 when his offense scores 26 or more ppg. all signs point to Denver kicking ass.

KCStud
06-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Yep and Brody Croyle has yet to win an NFL game.............so your
NFL talent evaluation is kinda skewed huh ?

Sure did. Just like most of this board did when they thought Josh McDaniels was a good hire.

socalorado
06-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Its that time of year again everyone!
When sparkler fans come out and proclaim they will win the division and be off to the SB.
The sparkle stickers they so quickly ripped off months ago, go back on the rear of their cars, and the talk of moving the team to LA begins again.

And then theres the KC fans....arguing about a meaningless game with meaningless stats in yet another meaningless season of meaningless KC losses for the millionth season since they won anything meaningful.

JLesSPE
06-18-2012, 07:28 AM

Sure when you put it like that it sounds absurd. That's why I prefer to think of it this way.

Upgrades at #2,3,4 CB, DT, and Def Coordinator.
Safety position has more experience than last year (Dawkins was hurt a lot of the year)
Leadership on D took a hit with 20 retiring.
More depth at LB than last year

Upgraded to PFM at QB.
So now we drastically increase our 3rd down conversion rate limiting opposing teams' offensive possessions. Now Denver has the ball more, the other team has the ball less meaning the Den D is on the field less which keeps them fresh.

Keep in mind that it's a fair assumption that we'll score more than 13 PPG with PFM so the D isn't so constrained. The amount of points they can give up is higher and still come away with a victory.

So an upgraded defense that has more energy and better coaching that sees fewer opportunities to give up points and can give up more points and still win is a wash compared to last year?

All of your posts should read like this KCStud, "If Peyton is Peyton, we're all screwed. I hope to God Peyton isn't Peyton." That's all I see when you throw around your defensive rankings from last year and strength of schedule BS.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Sure when you put it like that it sounds absurd. That's why I prefer to think of it this way.

Upgrades at #2,3,4 CB, DT, and Def Coordinator.
Safety position has more experience than last year (Dawkins was hurt a lot of the year)
Leadership on D took a hit with 20 retiring.
More depth at LB than last year

Upgraded to PFM at QB.
So now we drastically increase our 3rd down conversion rate limiting opposing teams' offensive possessions. Now Denver has the ball more, the other team has the ball less meaning the Den D is on the field less which keeps them fresh.

Keep in mind that it's a fair assumption that we'll score more than 13 PPG with PFM so the D isn't so constrained. The amount of points they can give up is higher and still come away with a victory.

So an upgraded defense that has more energy and better coaching that sees fewer opportunities to give up points and can give up more points and still win is a wash compared to last year?

All of your posts should read like this KCStud, "If Peyton is Peyton, we're all screwed. I hope to God Peyton isn't Peyton." That's all I see when you throw around your defensive rankings from last year and strength of schedule BS.

This! They are banking that we'll be the same team we had when Tebow was QB. How predicatable was our play calling? How bad were we on 3rd down? With PM at QB, JDR as d-coordinator and some additions we will be pretty much the same team as we were last year hmmm... With a major upgrade at the most important position on the field, it is not stupid for Broncos fans to assume we will win the division.

broncswin
06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Don't forget people....if our special teams show up like they did last year and there is no reason they shouldn't, then this team is gonna be darn good. Manning with an upgraded defense, tough running game, and great special teams= trouble for the rest of the west.

JLesSPE
06-18-2012, 08:19 AM
This! They are banking that we'll be the same team we had when Tebow was QB. How predicatable was our play calling? How bad were we on 3rd down? With PM at QB, JDR as d-coordinator and some additions we will be pretty much the same team as we were last year hmmm... With a major upgrade at the most important position on the field, it is not stupid for Broncos fans to assume we will win the division.

I don't think it's right to assume we win the division. This is professional football. I think Denver will be a very good team this year and has the tools to compete at a high level. That's as far as I'm willing to go. I'm really excited to see this defense play.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think it's right to assume we win the division. This is professional football. I think Denver will be a very good team this year and has the tools to compete at a high level. That's as far as I'm willing to go. I'm really excited to see this defense play.

Every team in our division has question marks. If it weren't for the revolving door at head coach in Oakland and Palmer, Norv in SD, Crennel and Cassel in KC, will Manning be the Manning of old?? SD had their chance when LT was in his prime and had a good defense. Rivers seems to be the only thing holding that team from being 4-12 or worse team...

Beej
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Latest Vegas 2013 Super Bowl XLVII Futures Odds:

Broncos 18-1
Chargers 30-1
Chiefs 40-1
Raiders 60-1

Kaylore
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM

First of all, lol at Bowe "dominating" champ with "3 catches"

Second of all, you're changing the subject. My point was your crappy coach showed no ability to adjust and score points despite multiple opportunities. It took a QB that cannot throw the ball playing one of his poorer games for the chiefs. squeak out a win. Aren't you at all concerned that Crennel is going to get out-coached more days than not? The dude would kill to be a .400 coach.

underrated29
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
wow.

The chiefs did not cross the 50 yard line after half time in the game they beat us. But I thought he said our defense is/was terrible. Say this aloud- YOUR OFFENSE DID NOT CROSS THE 50 YARD LINE AFTER HALFTIME!

BTW- the broncos also had their share of injuries too.
Lost starting RB knowshon.
Lost starting FB larsen
Lost Starting DT warren
Lost starting DT vickerson
Lost potential starting TE Julius Thomas
Lost starting Guard Chris Kuper
Lost starting Saftey Dawkins
DROY- Von Miller missed a few games and then was hobbled the remaining
Sack Master Doom, missed a few games I believe, and was hobbled to start the year, and finish it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................How do your excuses for the raiders, chefs, jags, steelers and who ever else stand now? GTFO!

Jetmeck
06-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Sure did. Just like most of this board did when they thought Josh McDaniels was a good hire.

You are not talking to one who thought McDumbass was worth a ****...............you are young, inexperienced and unwilling to admit when you are wrong and positively clueless considering the chit they have shoveling at you in Arrowhead for decades............therefore you don't know which end is up when it comes to football !

bowtown
06-18-2012, 06:34 PM

Broncos 18-1
Chargers 30-1
Chiefs 40-1
Raiders 60-1

Bah, what does Vegas know? They always lose.

KCStud
06-18-2012, 07:09 PM
First of all, lol at Bowe "dominating" champ with "3 catches"

Second of all, you're changing the subject. My point was your crappy coach showed no ability to adjust and score points despite multiple opportunities. It took a QB that cannot throw the ball playing one of his poorer games for the chiefs. squeak out a win. Aren't you at all concerned that Crennel is going to get out-coached more days than not? The dude would kill to be a .400 coach.

So Bowe going on pace for 150 yards was bad huh?

And your coach couldn't adjust either so what's your point? Romeo is clearly a defensive coach who took over on the fly. The guy didn't work with the offense until 2 weeks beforehand. You expect defensive minded interim coach to guide the offense to several points with the 2 best playmakers hurt and a QB that just got the playbook 2 weeks earlier?

Lol at you reaching for Romeo's time in Cleveland where he had zero talent to work with. This Chiefs team is one of the more talented teams in the league. Romeo's Browns were one of the worst talented teams in the league and he took that team to 10 wins. So to say that Romeo is going to fail simply because of his time in Cleveland is reaching.

KCStud
06-18-2012, 07:12 PM

The Broncos can win the division. They have a great chance. But to say that the Chargers and Chiefs don't have a chance to win the division is stupid.

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
So Bowe going on pace for 150 yards was bad huh?

How many did he finish with?

KCStud
06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
How many did he finish with?

1 half=93 yards and 3 20+ yard catches on Champ.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 08:27 PM

Was he in man to man the whole game? I can remember in the recent past where Bowe was non existent going up against Champ...

maven
06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
This Chiefs team is one of the more talented teams in the league.

You've got Castleburger as your QB. You guys are ****ed.

:rofl:

Why don't you change your avy to the starting QB of the Chiefs? It's because you even know he ****ing sucks.

Bigdawg26
06-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow I felt like a lost IQ points for reading that! Seriously I want my 5 minutes back!

KCStud
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
You've got Castleburger as your QB. You guys are ****ed.

Why don't you change your avy to the starting QB of the Chiefs? It's because you even know he ****ing sucks.

Chiefs 53 as a whole is one of the better 53 in the league. Cassel is a decent QB with a great running game and talent surrounding game.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Chiefs 53 as a whole is one of the better 53 in the league. Cassel is a decent QB with a great running game and talent surrounding game.

How many Super Bowl appearances will you have with Castleburger leading your favorite team?

maven
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM
To add, even you don't ****ing believe in that trash.

KCStud
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
How many Super Bowl appearances will you have with Castleburger leading your favorite team?

Not sure, but I do know Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, and Alex Smith (one play from the SB) were there or close.

SoCalBronco
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
As much as it pains be to agree with the Sheepstud, I agree the Chiefs have a pretty decent roster...at least so long as guys are healthy. Winston was certainly a quality addition to their line. If Charles is back, that is a huge weapon for them. Hillis and Charles will be a high quality 1-2 punch. That is among the very best backfield combos in the whole league. Cassel IS a huge weak point. Stud likes to dance around the issue, but Cassel is obviously the weak link. He'll only look decent if literally everything else on the offense is clicking perfectly (even Sheepstud admits this). Bowe WILL get into camp, he isn't going to give up the franchise money just to make a point. It is a sucky situation for him, but he isn't going to miss out on the one big check for the year just to prove a point. I know Chiefs fans are pimping Baldwin, but he was a monumental bust last year and seems to be a huge mangina. I know Bob thinks he's the greatest thing since Taco Bell rolled out the Dorito style Taco shells, but he hasn't proven anything in a game that matters yet. It's probably Adrian Madise/Kevin Kaspar/Muneer Moore/Chris Cole offseason homerism run amok (as usual).

Defensively, the Chiefs ARE strong. They have decent players at each level of the defense. Berry's return will be a big plus for them and Hali is a high caliber player. Derrick Johnson is a very good player as well, even though he's only the second best DJ in the division. They took a big loss with the corner, that was just stupid cheapness. The Hunts were pulling a Bowlen there. I dont think Routt is an adequate replacement. He isnt bad, but he did poorly last year.

If all those guys are healthy the Chiefs will be right in the thick of it for the division title, alongside Denver and San Diego. I do think the Chiefs are probably our main rival for the division title. I have not seen KC's schedule, but I doubt its as murderous as ours appears to be, so that kinda sucks. I think SD's window is really starting to close now, so I'm not fearing them as much as before.

Jetmeck
06-18-2012, 09:28 PM

You know as well as we do there have been days where Champ shadowed Bowe all game long and shut his ass out................

just stop with this stupid ****.............you may not be smarter than this childish BS but we sure as hell are.................

Maybe you should concentrate on whether BOWE who is not in camp and is not going to be without a contract refused to jump up for a pass that would have kept the Chefs in a game against the Steelers at home last year ? He has a lot of heart and courage and a real team guy...huh ?

DBroncos4life
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM

So did he get to the in pace total?

KCStud
06-18-2012, 10:36 PM
As much as it pains be to agree with the Sheepstud, I agree the Chiefs have a pretty decent roster...at least so long as guys are healthy. Winston was certainly a quality addition to their line. If Charles is back, that is a huge weapon for them. Hillis and Charles will be a high quality 1-2 punch. That is among the very best backfield combos in the whole league. Cassel IS a huge weak point. Stud likes to dance around the issue, but Cassel is obviously the weak link. He'll only look decent if literally everything else on the offense is clicking perfectly (even Sheepstud admits this). Bowe WILL get into camp, he isn't going to give up the franchise money just to make a point. It is a sucky situation for him, but he isn't going to miss out on the one big check for the year just to prove a point. I know Chiefs fans are pimping Baldwin, but he was a monumental bust last year and seems to be a huge mangina. I know Bob thinks he's the greatest thing since Taco Bell rolled out the Dorito style Taco shells, but he hasn't proven anything in a game that matters yet. It's probably Adrian Madise/Kevin Kaspar/Muneer Moore/Chris Cole offseason homerism run amok (as usual).

Defensively, the Chiefs ARE strong. They have decent players at each level of the defense. Berry's return will be a big plus for them and Hali is a high caliber player. Derrick Johnson is a very good player as well, even though he's only the second best DJ in the division. They took a big loss with the corner, that was just stupid cheapness. The Hunts were pulling a Bowlen there. I dont think Routt is an adequate replacement. He isnt bad, but he did poorly last year.

If all those guys are healthy the Chiefs will be right in the thick of it for the division title, alongside Denver and San Diego. I do think the Chiefs are probably our main rival for the division title. I have not seen KC's schedule, but I doubt its as murderous as ours appears to be, so that kinda sucks. I think SD's window is really starting to close now, so I'm not fearing them as much as before.

You are my favorite poster on this entire site. An objective poster who see's things.

I don't recall saying KC is going to win the division which the board seems to think I'm saying. Can they? Yes they certainly can and I think they have a pretty good shot if the running game is what it was in 2010 (no reason to think it won't be unless Charles isn't 100%).

As for Baldwin, he was just a cocky kid who thought he was awesome, then he met Todd Haley and Thomas Jones who proved him wrong. He's actually a lot different this year. He's acting more humble and you can tell he's worked hard and the potential is definitely there. We saw flashes last year. I think he could be a really nice deep threat who catches most jump balls (which is good for Cassel).

And I wouldn't discount Dontari Poe either. There's a lot of info people don't know about him, such as teams purposely running away from him because he was the only talented player on defense, he fought double teams to stuff the inside run, having a new defensive coordinator every year, most teams in his league playing the spread and eliminating the DL completely, or that Poe has never had any kind of issue with his commitment/effort.
I trust Romeo with this pick. Why? Because he's the best DL coach in the entire league. He has helped draft, develop, and get the most out of DL such as Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Shaun Rogers, Vince Wilfork, Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey (they are elite run stoppers). He also made DJ and Tamba all pro's when the coaches before them couldn't.

One thing that is true in the NFL is this: if you have a top 10 running game and defense, you will always have a chance to succeed. I think it's very possible KC has that this year.

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 05:31 AM
You are my favorite poster on this entire site. An objective poster who see's things.

I don't recall saying KC is going to win the division which the board seems to think I'm saying. Can they? Yes they certainly can and I think they have a pretty good shot if the running game is what it was in 2010 (no reason to think it won't be unless Charles isn't 100%).

As for Baldwin, he was just a cocky kid who thought he was awesome, then he met Todd Haley and Thomas Jones who proved him wrong. He's actually a lot different this year. He's acting more humble and you can tell he's worked hard and the potential is definitely there. We saw flashes last year. I think he could be a really nice deep threat who catches most jump balls (which is good for Cassel).

And I wouldn't discount Dontari Poe either. There's a lot of info people don't know about him, such as teams purposely running away from him because he was the only talented player on defense, he fought double teams to stuff the inside run, having a new defensive coordinator every year, most teams in his league playing the spread and eliminating the DL completely, or that Poe has never had any kind of issue with his commitment/effort.
I trust Romeo with this pick. Why? Because he's the best DL coach in the entire league. He has helped draft, develop, and get the most out of DL such as Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Shaun Rogers, Vince Wilfork, Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey (they are elite run stoppers). He also made DJ and Tamba all pro's when the coaches before them couldn't.

One thing that is true in the NFL is this: if you have a top 10 running game and defense, you will always have a chance to succeed. I think it's very possible KC has that this year.

I do think you guys have a pretty good roster but you are average at best at QB. It is not completely out of the question for you to win the division..i think it will come down to us and you guys. We will see...

Kaylore
06-19-2012, 08:03 AM

:rofl: SoCal has been one of the most critical and negative posters since Shanahan was fired. Small wonder your favorite and "most objective" is the guy who rips on the organization and perennially declares he's "scared of" the Chiefs going back seven years.

DENVERDUI55
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
:rofl: SoCal has been one of the most critical and negative posters since Shanahan was fired. Small wonder your favorite and "most objective" is the guy who rips on the organization and perennially declares he's "scared of" the Chiefs going back seven years.

He is to the queefs what bob is to the broncos. I actually think SoCal would be upset a little if we won the title without shanny and cutler.

DENVERDUI55
06-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Not sure, but I do know Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, and Alex Smith (one play from the SB) were there or close.

Go back through last 20 SB and tell me how many game managing QB's made the SB let alone win it.

KCStud
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Is he wrong? If you had Shannahan right now you would have a top 5 offense and a playoff team instead of going through the ****ty McD years.

Beej
06-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Is he wrong? If you had Shannahan right now you would have a top 5 offense and a playoff team instead of going through the ****ty McD years.

With Slowick running the D.

cutthemdown
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm glad Shanny is gone. Mostly because his main goal now is getting his son into the frat of NFL O Coord, then on to be a coach. Kyle Shannahan stinks at calling plays and designing an offense and if Shanny your coach you are stuck with him.

oubronco
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22201&d=1221743500

Blueflame
06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
He is to the queefs what bob is to the broncos. I actually think SoCal would be upset a little if we won the title without shanny and cutler.

SoCal will be one of the most boisterous celebrators when we win another title.

24champ
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Seems like every offseason since I've been here, I read a post similar to this from you socal. It's as predictable as the recycled garbage the DeePo puts out about the "Sled" and how they are going to "let the D loose".

Bacchus
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Being new to the board I think SoCal is the best poster on the OM. He knows his football and explains himself well. I enjoy reading all his posts whether i agree with them or not.

Miss I.
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
hmmm, Charger fan favors San Diego...interesting...shocking.wow...zzzz..I want my 2 dollars..huh, what?

Kaylore
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM

SoCal has been telling me he's scared of the Chiefs for seven years. In those seven years the Chiefs have gone 46-66 and won the division one time, which resulted in you getting your trash handed to you in the playoffs, like literally undressed for the world to see, at home.

Now you have Romeo Crenel, the guy with a .388 "winning" percentage and Matt Freaking Cassel as your QB. So while you do have some talented pieces on your roster, I am not scared of the Chiefs even a little bit.

I do pick you to win games and we almost always split with you guys. So it's not that I think the Chiefs can't win ever, I just think at the end of the day, the Kansas City Chiefs are pretenders. Sure, they show a flash every few years, and sometimes in perfect circumstances they've been able to put together a very competitive squad, but at the end of the day there's no there there.

I do agree Shanny is better than McDaniels, obviously. But that doesn't make firing Shanahan the wrong choice, it makes not hiring McDaniels the right one.

KCStud
06-19-2012, 05:52 PM
SoCal has been telling me he's scared of the Chiefs for seven years. In those seven years the Chiefs have gone 46-66 and won the division one time, which resulted in you getting your trash handed to you in the playoffs, like literally undressed for the world to see, at home.

Now you have Romeo Crenel, the guy with a .388 "winning" percentage and Matt Freaking Cassel as your QB. So while you do have some talented pieces on your roster, I am not scared of the Chiefs even a little bit.

I do pick you to win games and we almost always split with you guys. So it's not that I think the Chiefs can't win ever, I just think at the end of the day, the Kansas City Chiefs are pretenders. Sure, they show a flash every few years, and sometimes in perfect circumstances they've been able to put together a very competitive squad, but at the end of the day there's no there there.

I do agree Shanny is better than McDaniels, obviously. But that doesn't make firing Shanahan the wrong choice, it makes not hiring McDaniels the right one.

Romeo went to a Cleveland team that had no talent. No talent at all. A 50 year old Jamal Lewis, Trent Dilfer, no real weapons or defense. No coach could make that team a real winner in such a short time. It says a lot that he took the team to 10 wins in such a competitive division.

Why no mention of him coaching the Chiefs to a 2-1 record (blocked FG from 3-0) and beating 2 playoff teams, including the best team in the regular season?

boltaneer
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
The Chiefs should be competitive this year. Even the Raiders with all their issues and despite the fact that I think they are the favorite to finish last, they will probably give everyone a tough time.

This is anyone's division to take.

KCStud
06-19-2012, 06:13 PM
The Chiefs should be competitive this year. Even the Raiders with all their issues and despite the fact that I think they are the favorite to finish last, they will probably give everyone a tough time.

+1

boltaneer
06-19-2012, 06:21 PM
+1

Even though I am not a Broncos fan, I am not buying into the Manning kool-aid just yet. There are so many factors at play here. New team, new coaches, new system, no playing half the season indoors, coming off of a serious neck injury, etc. Not saying it won't work out well for him but I think assuming that this will be the same Peyton Manning in Indy is a mistake.

But I do like the fact that the media has basically already crowned Denver the AFC West Champions and the Chargers can fly under the radar a bit this year.

Jetmeck
06-19-2012, 06:28 PM

quoted for truth...................this is about the best decsription of the chefs and has been their story for decades...............

Jetmeck
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Even though I am not a Broncos fan, I am not buying into the Manning kool-aid just yet. There are so many factors at play here. New team, new coaches, new system, no playing half the season indoors, coming off of a serious neck injury, etc. Not saying it won't work out well for him but I think assuming that this will be the same Peyton Manning in Indy is a mistake.

But I do like the fact that the media has basically already crowned Denver the AFC West Champions and the Chargers can fly under the radar a bit this year.

well here is the thing...........considering the cluster**** circus like atmosphere we had last year the Broncos played quite well at times last year. Obviously Manning is a major upgrade and I liked Tebow.

We have a damn good running game and up and coming receivers and added several tight end threats and if you think adding several nice toys to our defensive backfield and d-line to go along prob the best tandem at rushing the qb won't make our defense greatly improved.....come on Jack Del Rio is enough to make us better on defense.

We are on the upswing , there are no doubts except to the likes of Chief fans.............

KCStud
06-19-2012, 06:59 PM
well here is the thing...........considering the cluster**** circus like atmosphere we had last year the Broncos played quite well at times last year. Obviously Manning is a major upgrade and I liked Tebow.

We have a damn good running game and up and coming receivers and added several tight end threats and if you think adding several nice toys to our defensive backfield and d-line to go along prob the best tandem at rushing the qb won't make our defense greatly improved.....come on Jack Del Rio is enough to make us better on defense.

We are on the upswing , there are no doubts except to the likes of Chief fans.............

Denver was first in the league in rushing last year because you were first in rush attempts. Tebow was your best rusher by far. 11 TD's and a 5.4 average. This year you have old man McGahee and you won't be running it near as much.

And who are these TE's again? Tamme and Dressen? What?

Kaylore
06-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Romeo went to a Cleveland team that had no talent. No talent at all. A 50 year old Jamal Lewis, Trent Dilfer, no real weapons or defense. No coach could make that team a real winner in such a short time. It says a lot that he took the team to 10 wins in such a competitive division.

Why no mention of him coaching the Chiefs to a 2-1 record (blocked FG from 3-0) and beating 2 playoff teams, including the best team in the regular season?

Really? Your three games is some kind of sample size? Honestly, that could be the players responding to the coaching change, which historically teams always improve after a coaching fire. We saw Eric Studesville make Denver competitive again in a three game run. That didn't make him head coaching material.

thomas
06-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Chargers go 12-4 playing @NO, Atlanta, Baltimore, @Pitt, Carolina, and @Jets in late December

ROR!
But he has numbers!!Hilarious!

KCStud
06-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Really? Your three games is some kind of sample size? Honestly, that could be the players responding to the coaching change, which historically teams always improve after a coaching fire. We saw Eric Studesville make Denver competitive again in a three game run. That didn't make him head coaching material.

Bad example. Studesville has never even been a coordinator. Of course he isn't HC material.

NorCalBronco7
06-20-2012, 12:48 AM
As long as MATT CASSEL is the cheifs Qb, Ill never fear them.

Hes only an average Qb whos capable as long as hes has strong running game. Even then, hes not a threat to take advantage of one on one coverage on the outside because of his punny arm.

Hes almost as pathetic as Kyle Orton. Almost.

cutthemdown
06-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Denver was first in the league in rushing last year because you were first in rush attempts. Tebow was your best rusher by far. 11 TD's and a 5.4 average. This year you have old man McGahee and you won't be running it near as much.

Hmm you don't they are fairly solid? I think they fit what Manning wants TE to do pretty well. It does show the young TE Broncos wanted to step up probably never will though. More bad drafting at the TE position for the Broncos.

Tamme though will probably do more damage then Moeki. I just think he's in a better spot to see 4-5 balls a game.

About Mcgahee. I think for all that Tebow added to the run game, he also put more guys in the box. If Manning is healthy and Broncos throw the ball better don't you think loading the box for Mcgahee will be an afterthought for defenses? If anything they will try creative blitzes and that could give Mcgahee another nice yr. He wont put up big numbers but I bet 900-1100 yrds and 7-8 tds in the cards for him.

Obviously Manning is the key. Most of the fans from other teams seem to want to believe he is a huge question mark. Broncos fans want to think he isn't. If Manning even has an avg Manning yr Broncos win 8-9 games. If the defense gets to the QB and forces tunrovers, and Manning plays his avg type self, Broncos make playoffs easily.

Just like if Cassel has a career yr then Chiefs probably could also. I just question his ability healthy or not. In fact hes the sort of vet QB when you are playing you hope doesn't get hurt because the bkup could play better. I actually think Orton a smarter QB then him, but no more talented. They could have went either way and done about the same.

But if Charles gets back to making big plays, Hillis can pound the short yardage and not fumble at all, and the oline continues to improve with Justice coming over they could score some points.

Charles making big plays is a must though. I don't think Cassel comes down the field consistently with long drives enough to win 10 games. I hope Charles does he's on my keeper team.

cutthemdown
06-20-2012, 03:26 AM

Do you think Chargers will have a good pass rush this yr? IMO that is key for them. They used to really get after the QB. Also from what I read Mannings neck injury not all that serious. It wasn't like the neck is weakened it could break. He had a pinched nerve. If he is throwing the ball well in preseason you better watch out. Tell me this. If you watched him in preseason and he was flinging the ball around, would you still think well one hit and there goes neck? Because we have read that isn't the case. The neck was never structurally unsound. I bet Rivers neck is no more safe. You never want to take big shots to the neck lol, and it happens very rarely to QBs who don't run.

We will see soon enough. I put more stock in how teams look in preseason then most. Not wins but how certain players at key spots are performing. I think for Broncos this yr preseason will tell a lot.

One more question. No Sproles no Tolbert. This should be Mathews big chance to join the big boys at RB. Do you think he rises to every down back status with players like Rice, Foster, Forte etc etc. Workhorse guys.

maher_tyler
06-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Hmm you don't they are fairly solid? I think they fit what Manning wants TE to do pretty well. It does show the young TE Broncos wanted to step up probably never will though. More bad drafting at the TE position for the Broncos.

Tamme though will probably do more damage then Moeki. I just think he's in a better spot to see 4-5 balls a game.

About Mcgahee. I think for all that Tebow added to the run game, he also put more guys in the box. If Manning is healthy and Broncos throw the ball better don't you think loading the box for Mcgahee will be an afterthought for defenses? If anything they will try creative blitzes and that could give Mcgahee another nice yr. He wont put up big numbers but I bet 900-1100 yrds and 7-8 tds in the cards for him.

Obviously Manning is the key. Most of the fans from other teams seem to want to believe he is a huge question mark. Broncos fans want to think he isn't. If Manning even has an avg Manning yr Broncos win 8-9 games. If the defense gets to the QB and forces tunrovers, and Manning plays his avg type self, Broncos make playoffs easily.

Just like if Cassel has a career yr then Chiefs probably could also. I just question his ability healthy or not. In fact hes the sort of vet QB when you are playing you hope doesn't get hurt because the bkup could play better. I actually think Orton a smarter QB then him, but no more talented. They could have went either way and done about the same.

But if Charles gets back to making big plays, Hillis can pound the short yardage and not fumble at all, and the oline continues to improve with Justice coming over they could score some points.

Charles making big plays is a must though. I don't think Cassel comes down the field consistently with long drives enough to win 10 games. I hope Charles does he's on my keeper team.

Exactly. Teams were putting 8-9 guys in the box trying to stop the run. Seems they are undervaluing what converting 3rd downs and sustaining drives can do for a defense. Having a guy like Manning indirectly improves almost every area of the team...

boltaneer
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Do you think Chargers will have a good pass rush this yr? IMO that is key for them. They used to really get after the QB. Also from what I read Mannings neck injury not all that serious. It wasn't like the neck is weakened it could break. He had a pinched nerve. If he is throwing the ball well in preseason you better watch out. Tell me this. If you watched him in preseason and he was flinging the ball around, would you still think well one hit and there goes neck? Because we have read that isn't the case. The neck was never structurally unsound. I bet Rivers neck is no more safe. You never want to take big shots to the neck lol, and it happens very rarely to QBs who don't run.

We will see soon enough. I put more stock in how teams look in preseason then most. Not wins but how certain players at key spots are performing. I think for Broncos this yr preseason will tell a lot.

One more question. No Sproles no Tolbert. This should be Mathews big chance to join the big boys at RB. Do you think he rises to every down back status with players like Rice, Foster, Forte etc etc. Workhorse guys.

Honestly, I'm not worried about Manning. The Chargers have always had his number.

I'm not concerned with the loss of Tolbert. McClain can fill his role pretty well plus he is a big upgrade over Hester, who I am glad is still on the team as a backup and special teams guy. But I'm not sold yet on Mathews either only because he needs to stay healthy and stop dropping the football (issues that Tolbert had as well). But Mathews has unbelievable talent. I actually would have liked to see LT sign for one year to play 3rd down back and help mentor Mathews along but I've always liked Ronnie Brown and he would have been my second choice out of who was available out there.

Pass rush. Well, they've at least tried to address the problem with Ingram. If he pans out, he, Phillips and Barnes are on the field at the same time on passing downs, that should be a serious threat. I'm hoping that Pagano is a huge upgrade over Manusky at DC. Manusky seemed way too passive in sending extra rushers.

boltaneer
06-20-2012, 11:40 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Tamme is going to have a breakout year.

Dressen, to me, is just a guy though.

Bronco Rob
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM

The raiders are done. Rookie head coach (seventh in ten seasons) rookie GM who inherited a titanic-chernobyl franchise that was twenty two million over the salary cap with no draft picks before ninety five. The players they lost due to the salary cap purge were replaced by practice squad refugees and they're gambling on McFragile staying healthy. (who has only started 32 out of 48 games) No worries.

San Diego had a nice draft and picked up some decent players via free agency but we've all seen far more talented charger teams finish short of their potential. Spanos apparently has learned nothing from the last four seasons by allowing AJ & Norv (The Skipper & Gilligan) to navigate the USS Failboat. Since AJ fired Chokenheimer he's hellbent on riding Norv to the gates of NFL mediocrity.

Scott Pioli is Carl Peterson 2.0. He's trying so hard to make kansas city the cheatrtiots west it's laughable just like king carl's failed attempt to recreate the 49ers. From bugging the employees phones to his adversarial relationship with the local media hiring retreads Weiss, Crennel and players Mike Vrabel Matt Cassell. Spanos whose AJ/Norv experiment is a failure likewise Pioli's 64 million dollar career back up (keeping with the proud chef tradition Steve Bono & Elvis Grbac) Matt Cassell (18-21) Clark Hunt who like his father pinches pennies until Abe screams "Uncle" won't eat Matty's contract and Pioli will never admit he made a mistake.

Crennel got the job not on merit but because he was cheap and compliant two qualities Pioli covets after Haley-gate.

The raiders - It's going to take reggie at least three seasons to right the ship in oakland. Even that's contingent on whether or not he paid attention to what Ron Wolfe and Ted Thompson were doing.

The Chargers - It's do or die for the Skipper & Gilligan.

The chefs - Last place schedule usually means a trip to the playoffs.

KCStud
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
The raiders are done. Rookie head coach (seventh in ten seasons) rookie GM who inherited a titanic-chernobyl franchise that was twenty two million over the salary cap with no draft picks before ninety five. The players they lost due to the salary cap purge were replaced by practice squad refugees and they're gambling on McFragile staying healthy. (who has only started 32 out of 48 games) No worries.

San Diego had a nice draft and picked up some decent players via free agency but we've all seen far more talented charger teams finish short of their potential. Spanos apparently has learned nothing from the last four seasons by allowing AJ & Norv (The Skipper & Gilligan) to navigate the USS Failboat. Since AJ fired Chokenheimer he's hellbent on riding Norv to the gates of NFL mediocrity.

Scott Pioli is Carl Peterson 2.0. He's trying so hard to make kansas city the cheatrtiots west it's laughable just like king carl's failed attempt to recreate the 49ers. From bugging the employees phones to his adversarial relationship with the local media hiring retreads Weiss, Crennel and players Mike Vrabel Matt Cassell. Spanos whose AJ/Norv experiment is a failure likewise Pioli's 64 million dollar career back up (keeping with the proud chef tradition Steve Bono & Elvis Grbac) Matt Cassell (18-21) Clark Hunt who like his father pinches pennies until Abe screams "Uncle" won't eat Matty's contract and Pioli will never admit he made a mistake.

Crennel got the job not on merit but because he was cheap and compliant two qualities Pioli covets after Haley-gate.

The raiders - It's going to take reggie at least three seasons to right the ship in oakland. Even that's contingent on whether or not he paid attention to what Ron Wolfe and Ted Thompson were doing.

The Chargers - It's do or die for the Skipper & Gilligan.

The chefs - Last place schedule usually means a trip to the playoffs.

Wow you know nothing about the Chiefs. Pioli is the exact opposite of Carl. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that.

Bronco Rob
06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Wow you know nothing about the Chiefs. Pioli is the exact opposite of Carl. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that.

I live in kansas city and know more about the team than you do, and believe they're birds of a feather. I guess you didn't follow carl's career tenure.

KCStud
06-20-2012, 04:49 PM
I live in kansas city and know more about the team than you do, and believe they're birds of a feather. I guess you didn't follow carl's career tenure.

Carl was always involved with the media, cared about the business side of the organization the most, pissed off our best players forcing them to leave, and never had a QB that was "his guy" because he was scared of the QB failing.

Pioli rarely speaks to the media, he cares more about the football operations less about the business side, and he's done a good job of keeping our best players (at good contracts I might add), and brought his own QB in from his system.

Carl was lazy. Pioli isn't. They are polar opposites.

The only comparison is that they both signed average QB's in free agency.

Jetmeck
06-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Carl was always involved with the media, cared about the business side of the organization the most, and pissed off our best players forcing them to leave.

Pioli rarely speaks to the media, he cares more about the football operations and less about the business side, and he's done a good job of keeping our best players (at good contracts I might add).

yet neither has been able to unleash the purse strings of your cheap ass owner..............Royals are one thing......small market. Whats the Chiefs excuse ?

different gm..same NON winning bad decisions.................

KCStud
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
yet neither has been able to unleash the purse strings of your cheap ass owner..............Royals are one thing......small market. Whats the Chiefs excuse ?

different gm..same NON winning bad decisions.................

Clark's money has nothing to do with it. Pioli has chosen not to spend money on bust players. Only one they would have spent it on is Manning.

Pioli has done a fantastic job of building the team at every position but QB. Chiefs will be competitive this year.

Jetmeck
06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
QUOTE=KCStud;3608913]Clark's money has nothing to do with it. Pioli has chosen not to spend money on bust players. Only one they would have spent it on is Manning.

Pioli has done a fantastic job of building the team at every position but QB. Chiefs will be competitive this year.[/QUOTE]

THE LAST HIGH PROFILE FREE AGENT YOUR TEAM SIGNED WAS JOE MONTANA............cheap ass reputation and lack of a winning, consistent atmosphere have kept KC out of the running for GAME CHANGING FREE AGENTS.

MANNING WOULD NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS....SAYS A HELL OF A LOT ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION....................?

Chew on that for a while .............

KCStud
06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
QUOTE=KCStud;3608913]

THE LAST HIGH PROFILE FREE AGENT YOUR TEAM SIGNED WAS JOE MONTANA............cheap ass reputation and lack of a winning, consistent atmosphere have kept KC out of the running for GAME CHANGING FREE AGENTS.

MANNING WOULD NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS....SAYS A HELL OF A LOT ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION....................?

Chew on that for a while .............

Guess you never heard of Willie Roaf huh or Priest Holmes huh? :rofl:
I don't give a damn about Manning. He signed in Denver because of Elway. Not Bowlen.

Bronco Rob
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Carl was always involved with the media, cared about the business side of the organization the most, pissed off our best players forcing them to leave, and never had a QB that was "his guy" because he was scared of the QB failing.

1.- Carl was very condescending and didn't liked to be second guessed by the media just like Pioli.

2. - Pissing off your best players...Kinda like the Dwyane Bowe situation? Forcing them to leave ala Brandon Carr???

3. - Carl handpicked both Steve Bono & Elvis Grback Up, why do you think that Grbac started over Gannon in the playoff game versus the Broncos???

Pioli rarely speaks to the media, he cares more about the football operations less about the business side, and he's done a good job of keeping our best players (at good contracts I might add), and brought his own QB in from his system.

Pioli aka Captain Queeg speaks AT the media with his attitude and demeanor you'd think he crapped Super Bowl rings. In reality he was just a cog in a machine nothing more which is evident by his post new england track record.

The only comparison is that they both signed average QB's in free agency.

Lazy enough to fill Sparrowhead for the first time in twenty years (1991-2008) after being a ghost town after opening in 1973 and brought a couple of playoff wins (All three of the post Super Bowl wins) in the last forty two seasons.

The bar is very low in kansas city....we'll see if Captain Queeg can clear it.

Jetmeck
06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Guess you never heard of Willie Roaf huh or Priest Holmes huh? :rofl:
I don't give a damn about Manning. He signed in Denver because of Elway. Not Bowlen.

an offensive lineman ? really and a unknown running back you got lucky on ?

Nobody lining up for either of them when KC signed them..................

point is numb nuts your team is cheap and has a losing atmosphere that top notch talent consistently steers away from...............

KCStud
06-20-2012, 07:10 PM
1.- Carl was very condescending and didn't liked to be second guessed by the media just like Pioli.

What GM isn't the same way?

2. - Pissing off your best players...Kinda like the Dwyane Bowe situation? Forcing them to leave ala Brandon Carr???

Bowe is being handled very well. He doesn't deserve Megatron money and that's what he's after. Carr wasn't kept because it's stupid to pay out $100 million to both CB's. Saving money to sign your LT who next offseason is more valuable.
And getting Routt, who is has proved he's a very good #2 CB for only $21 million was a great business move.

3. - Carl handpicked both Steve Bono & Elvis Grback Up, why do you think that Grbac started over Gannon in the playoff game versus the Broncos???

Carl never stood behind those guys. Rarely if ever defended them. Cassel is clearly Pioli's guy. He's put his reputation on him, something Carl refused to do.

Pioli aka Captain Queeg speaks AT the media with his attitude and demeanor you'd think he crapped Super Bowl rings. In reality he was just a cog in a machine nothing more which is evident by his post new england track record.

Pioli isn't that way at all. Just because he laughed at a radio reporter who interviewed him doesn't mean he's a prick.
If you ask any GM in the league if they would trade every pick they had for one player, they would laugh at you too because they wouldn't do it.

Lazy enough to fill Sparrowhead for the first time in twenty years (1991-2008) after being a ghost town after opening in 1973 and brought a couple of playoff wins (All three of the post Super Bowl wins) in the last forty two seasons.

The bar is very low in kansas city....we'll see if Captain Queeg can clear it.

Like I said. King Carl cared about filling the stands, not making the team good. I'd rather have the GM who cares about the team.

DENVERDUI55
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
And getting Routt, who is has proved he's a very good #2 CB for only $21 million was a great business move..

Routt was one of the worst CB's in the league last year BTW.

KCStud
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Routt was one of the worst CB's in the league last year BTW.

Routt was a #1 CB last year. He's not going to be doing that in KC this year.

And I doubt his 4 INT's (10th in NFL) and 15 passes defended (16th in NFL) made him of the worst CB's in the league.

DENVERDUI55
06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Routt was a #1 CB last year. He's not going to be doing that in KC this year.

And I doubt his 4 INT's (10th in NFL) and 15 passes defended (16th in NFL) made him of the worst CB's in the league.

He also gave up second most TD passes and led league in penalties. You should add that in your stat arguments. He was burnt left and right all year long. Raiders cut him one year after over paying for him. Show me a Raider fan that is upset they let him go.

KCStud
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
He also gave up second most TD passes and led league in penalties. You should add that in your stat arguments. He was burnt left and right all year long. Raiders cut him one year after over paying for him. Show me a Raider fan that is upset they let him go.

The Raiders give up a ton of penalties in general. And he was let go because the Raiders are in cap hell. They also lost Wimbley which is gonna hurt them big time.

I see you forgot that Routt was one of the best CB's in the league in 2010 playing #2 behind Aso. He's gonna have plenty of help in KC. One of the best safeties in the game is right behind him. I think he'll be fine.

Bacchus
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM

Oh, Jesus Christ dude, I'm so sorry. I did not know. If there is anything I can do just ask.

boltaneer
06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
No QB is afraid of Routt. Give me a break.

DENVERDUI55
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
The Raiders give up a ton of penalties in general. And he was let go because the Raiders are in cap hell. They also lost Wimbley which is gonna hurt them big time.

I see you forgot that Routt was one of the best CB's in the league in 2010 playing #2 behind Aso. He's gonna have plenty of help in KC. One of the best safeties in the game is right behind him. I think he'll be fine.

Ok you can deflect how you want but he gave up a ton of TD's last year, and led league in penalties. Regardless of his teams penalty numbers that he has no control he made a ton of PI penalties that he can control. Marginal at best.

Hulamau
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Broncos 18-1
Chargers 30-1
Chiefs 40-1
Raiders 60-1

That sounds about right ...

KCStud
06-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Ok you can deflect how you want but he gave up a ton of TD's last year, and led league in penalties. Regardless of his teams penalty numbers that he has no control he made a ton of PI penalties that he can control. Marginal at best.

Ever think the poor safety play had something to do with it?

Routt also gave up the 2nd lowest completion percentage in the NFL in 2010.

Saying he's one of the worst CB's is plain stupid.

DENVERDUI55
06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Ever think the poor safety play had something to do with it?

Routt also gave up the 2nd lowest completion percentage in the NFL in 2010.

Saying he's one of the worst CB's is plain stupid.

I'm still waiting for you to find a Raider fan who is upset he is gone? There new HC who loves secondary cut him immediately. Again you argue with stats and that is all.

KCStud
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm still waiting for you to find a Raider fan who is upset he is gone? There new HC who loves secondary cut him immediately. Again you argue with stats and that is all.

They had no choice. They cut a lot of good players because they were in serious financial trouble. Wimbley was cut too and he's one of the better pass rushers in the NFL.

Routt isn't worth 50 million. He's not a #1 CB. Never said he was.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
It's hilarious that a chiefs fan actually thinks Routt is great. I know plenty of chiefs fans who bagged on raider fans about Routt getting burned ALL the time. He joins the team and all of a sudden he's great? Ha!

KCStud
06-21-2012, 08:57 PM
It's hilarious that a chiefs fan actually thinks Routt is great. I know plenty of chiefs fans who bagged on raider fans about Routt getting burned ALL the time. He joins the team and all of a sudden he's great? Ha!

Nobody said he's great numb nuts. Broncos fans saying he's one of the worst CB's in the league is laughable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Nobody said he's great numb nuts. Broncos fans saying he's one of the worst CB's in the league is laughable.

Well I guess you need a good QB to see him at his worst. So he probably didn't look bad against the chiefs.

Archer81
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
We'll see how it shakes out.

Denver's offense is an unknown, simply because of Manning's health. The defense will improve.

The rest of the west will probably shake out SD-KC-Oak in order of finish.

After denver, of course.

:Broncos:

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:14 PM

Read your second paragraph and tell me you didn't say the phrase "one of the best in the league". That is another way of saying he's "great".

Tell me again how "no one is saying he's great"

Bigdawg26
06-21-2012, 09:31 PM
There is no way in hell Routt is one of the better CB's in the league. One of the fastest maybe! He's a decent number two corner, but flowers is hands down your best corner. I would say he's one of the better corners in the league.

KCStud
06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Read your second paragraph and tell me you didn't say the phrase "one of the best in the league". That is another way of saying he's "great".

Tell me again how "no one is saying he's great"

He was one of the best CB's in the league in 2010. That's a fact.

Teams threw at him all day because they didn't wanna deal with Aso and only Revis had a lower completion rate that year.
He was one of the best cover corners in the league in 2010.

KCStud
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
There is no way in hell Routt is one of the better CB's in the league. One of the fastest maybe! He's a decent number two corner, but flowers is hands down your best corner. I would say he's one of the better corners in the league.

Exactly my point. He's a solid #2. Not as good as Carr, but there isn't a $29 million gap in their talent.

I think Routt will be solid with the talent surrounding him in KC. Not great, but a nice #2 CB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:40 PM
He was one of the best CB's in the league in 2010. That's a fact.

Teams threw at him all day because they didn't wanna deal with Aso and only Revis had a lower completion rate that year.
He was one of the best cover corners in the league in 2010.

So then why the hell did you just tell me "no one is saying he's great numb nuts".

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:43 PM

Yet you keep telling me he is.

KCStud
06-21-2012, 09:48 PM
So then why the hell did you just tell me "no one is saying he's great numb nuts".

He's not great. He's also not a terrible CB. He proved that he can be a good #2. You saying he is terrible is laughable considering he did a good job as a #2 and will be playing the #2 in KC.

DENVERDUI55
06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
They had no choice. They cut a lot of good players because they were in serious financial trouble. Wimbley was cut too and he's one of the better pass rushers in the NFL.

Routt isn't worth 50 million. He's not a #1 CB. Never said he was.

Still let me know when you find a Raider fan that thinks he was great and was saddened by his departure.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:11 PM
He's not great. He's also not a terrible CB. He proved that he can be a good #2. You saying he is terrible is laughable considering he did a good job as a #2 and will be playing the #2 in KC.

After watching him make terrible decisions in several games contributing to several raider losses Im pretty secure in saying he's terrible. Most raider fans feel "burned" by him and you will too. You keep bringin up these stats defending him. Orton had good stats. He good? Vince young is like 31-17. Is he good? Keep thinkin he's gonna do good though. It's summer time. False positives are all chiefs fans have.

Jetmeck
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
After watching him make terrible decisions in several games contributing to several raider losses Im pretty secure in saying he's terrible. Most raider fans feel "burned" by him and you will too. You keep bringin up these stats defending him. Orton had good stats. He good? Vince young is like 31-17. Is he good? Keep thinkin he's gonna do good though. It's summer time. False positives are all chiefs fans have.

wasting your time with that numb nutz...............

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
If he likes stats I'll just leave it with the 2 important ones. Routt had the most
Penalties for the most yards of any other CB in the league. And gave up the most TDs of any CB in the league. Ya he will fit right in

Bacchus
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM

His nuts wouldn't be numb if you weren't slobbering on them.